PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Time to Vote: Your Thoughts on the Decision to Fire Haley.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 08:39 AM
It's been a few days now and I was a little curious to see how you all feel regarding the Haley Firing earlier this week.

I've seen several posts on both sides of the fence over the last few days. Some were totally in favor of this move and some, not so much.

Until the debacle vs. the Jets last week, I was a supporter and I thought that Haley deserved one more season to try and right the ship. However, after seeing them play like buffoons and seeing Haley jumping around the sideline like a rabid chimpanzee, I changed my mind. The team was totally unprepared and it showed. It absolutely fell on the coach and I immediately thought he needed to go.

(I just didn't think it would happen so soon)

So what are your thoughts on this?

Poll Forthcoming

Edit:
(Sorry if repost)

Tags:

Another Haley Thread
SofaKing has Anal Warts
Phobianalpencilmaster

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 08:41 AM
At this point...

Its 50% Haley and 50% Failoili...

And right now looking forward? Its more of the same. I was hoping for a change in the franchise when we hired Pioli...

We are on the quest for 8-8 for a long long time.

Baby Lee
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
The guys played hard for him. There were 'flashes' of really good play every week. An awesome catch here, a great blitz there, even a occasional road grading in the run game. But sooooo many wins were against bad teams, and they never seemed ready to take on an elite motivated opponent, let alone a playoff game. And the blowouts were just too big and came too often.

I think he could be a great coach with elite personnel. But between the QB situation and the early season injuries, he didn't have enough of them this year.

That said, when it comes down to brass tacks, my estimation of him hinges largely on something presently unknown. If he was a prime mover in the pro-Cassel campaign, eff him forever.

Sure-Oz
12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I dont care anymore. the dumbass kept playing Palko, that was enough for me

BoneKrusher
insisting on starting Palko alone was enough for me.
the Firing was deserving.

Reerun_KC
As long as Pioli is the GM it wont make a difference who the HC is...

the more coming out between Haley and Pioli, the more we realize that the future really isnt that bright...

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
As long as Pioli is the GM it wont make a difference who the HC is...

the more coming out between Haley and Pioli, the more we realize that the future really isnt that bright...

Pioli needs to figure out the Patriot Way isn't legit w/o a QB.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
The man lost his best players on his team before the season barely started... and he was strapped with an absolute turd of a QB.

This has been more Pioli's fault than Haley.

Brock
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
His whole approach to this season was screwed up. Too many blowout losses. The 2 minute drill screwups that became all too common. Alienating Bowe. Palko. There's no question he should have been fired, the sooner the better.

Chief Roundup
12-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Pioli needs to figure out the Patriot Way isn't legit w/o a QB.

He does think he has the one. You know one that was successful for a year.

Chief Faithful
12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Many things I liked about Haley and I think he did a great job of changing the teams culture on conditioning for the better. But, any coach that thinks Palko is an acceptable backup needs to be fired. If he is even on the team next year I will begin to question the new coach and Pioli.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Even if you think Haley was doing a good job and was a good coach, the fact that he and the GM apparently disliked each other and couldn't/wouldn't work together pretty much means he had to go. No point keeping two people acting like babies when it hurts the end product.

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 08:58 AM
He does think he has the one. You know one that was successful for a year.

but that was a Mirage and he needs to face it.

Chief Faithful

:clap: How can any competent coach employ a QB that has no accuracy, touch or arm strength? Palko cannot hit a downfield sideline pattern if his life depended on it. All a defense has to do is go into goal line defense all day long.

Molitoth
I liked Haley and his fiery personality, but it's hard to know what he was really responsible for taking blame.

Was Haley calling the plays? If so, then he needed fired.
(Bill Muir still needs fired)

Was it Haley's preference to have Matt Cassel / Tyler Palko as his QB's going into the season? If so, then he needed fired.

Do the players hate playing for Haley? If so, then he needed fired.

Was Haley the genius who was running McCluster between the tackles? If so, then he needed fired.

Until the answers come out in official form, I don't know whether it was Haley or Pioli that needed gone.

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Even if you think Haley was doing a good job and was a good coach, the fact that he and the GM apparently disliked each other and couldn't/wouldn't work together pretty much means he had to go. No point keeping two people acting like babies when it hurts the end product.

Which is why they BOTH should have gone.

Chief Faithful
12-15-2011, 09:01 AM
The man lost his best players on his team before the season barely started... and he was strapped with an absolute turd of a QB.

Haley was responsible for strapping Palko to his own back. Look at Crennel, first thing he did was relegate Palko to scout team. Pioli was responsible for bringing Palko in for a look it was Haley that decided he was a better player than the other options.

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Haley was responsible for strapping Palko to his own back. Look at Crennel, first thing he did was relegate Palko to scout team. Pioli was responsible for bringing Palko in for a look it was Haley that decided he was a better player than the other options.

yep
that really shows how good Haley was at being a Head coach.

Buehler445
12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
My deal is nothing makes sense.

Herm was a damn moron. Everybody on planet Earth knows that. That decision was easy. This one not so much.

Haley said the right things and did some of the right things.

Playing Palko was a pretty serious offense. But was it Haley's or was it Pioli's? Why the fuck does everyone refuse to play Stanzi? To me that stinks like Pioli but who knows.

Keeping/Playing Cassel is another enormous hickey. Was it Pioli telling Haley to do it? Surely Haley knows better, coming from Kurt Warner to Captain poopy pants, and thinking Cassel is good enough? It's all fucking weird.

That whole Lance Long/Bobby Wade/Whatever scrub of the week crap and playing them major snaps is assenine. Is that Haley? Did he want those guys? WTF? Surely he knows a good receiver after working with Fitz Boldin and Breaston. At the very least Pioli should have given him something to work with.

Muir/Weis/Gailey is a pretty big offense. I think that one is safely on Haley.

Crazy onside kicks and going for it on 4th is weird. I don't hate going for it on 4th or onside kicking it, but the times in which they were doing it was a problem. I think that's probably on Haley.

McCluster up the middle? WTF? Over and over? Quadruple WTF? Is that Haley or Muir?

Getting blown clear the fuck out of several games? This year the offense has sucked ass, but it also sucked ass against Pitt and it wasn't nearly the blowout. We were never in the game, but we didn't get embarrassed. The difference is the Defense got a stop periodically. Is that on Haley or Romeo? And why the hell can we show up one week and sleep walk the next?

Then some of his shit worked. DJ, Bowe, Hali all experienced increases in production under Haley.

I don't know. One minute it will look like he's all over it and then major WTF moments.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
We all can't really say or even pretend to know what decisions Haley made or what decisions Pioli made. All you can do is make an educated guess on the evidence presented:
Haley was ultimately responsible for getting this team prepared. He failed.
Haley was the one on the sideline yelling and screaming like Bo Pelini on Meth.
Haley was in charge of the conditioning program before the season. He chose an unconventional program. We lost 4 good-great players because of it. Did any other team have this ACL problem? No.
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
12-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I agree he lost his best players but after hearing how bad the relationship was between Haley and Pioli, Clark had to do something. From we are hearing from Pioli on keeping Cassel as a starter and his man crush on McDaniels (who is still under contract) I am numb at the moment.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Which is why they BOTH should have gone.

I am leaning this way as well that Pioli should be gone as well.

Otter
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
I missed the Jets game out of shear indifference to the outcome so my vote is not taking into account whatever Haley did in that game to draw a penalty.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM

They both should be gone if they both thought Palko was a NFL anything than water boy.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
We all can't really say or even pretend to know what decisions Haley made or what decisions Pioli made. All you can do is make an educated guess on the evidence presented:
Haley was ultimately responsible for getting this team prepared. He failed.
Haley was the one on the sideline yelling and screaming like Bo Pelini on Meth.
Haley was in charge of the conditioning program before the season. He chose an unconventional program. We lost 4 good-great players because of it. Did any other team have this ACL problem? No.
Posted via Mobile Device

lol. You saw how the ACl's got torn.

You really think Stevie Johnson diving sideways into Berry's knee had anything to do with conditioning? How about Charles tearing his while sliding on the orange marker out of bounds?

You're really stretching it with that one Gonzo.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
My deal is nothing makes sense.

Herm was a damn moron. Everybody on planet Earth knows that. That decision was easy. This one not so much.

Haley said the right things and did some of the right things.

Playing Palko was a pretty serious offense. But was it Haley's or was it Pioli's? Why the **** does everyone refuse to play Stanzi? To me that stinks like Pioli but who knows.

Keeping/Playing Cassel is another enormous hickey. Was it Pioli telling Haley to do it? Surely Haley knows better, coming from Kurt Warner to Captain poopy pants, and thinking Cassel is good enough? It's all ****ing weird.

That whole Lance Long/Bobby Wade/Whatever scrub of the week crap and playing them major snaps is assenine. Is that Haley? Did he want those guys? WTF? Surely he knows a good receiver after working with Fitz Boldin and Breaston. At the very least Pioli should have given him something to work with.

Muir/Weis/Gailey is a pretty big offense. I think that one is safely on Haley.

Crazy onside kicks and going for it on 4th is weird. I don't hate going for it on 4th or onside kicking it, but the times in which they were doing it was a problem. I think that's probably on Haley.

McCluster up the middle? WTF? Over and over? Quadruple WTF? Is that Haley or Muir?

Getting blown clear the **** out of several games? This year the offense has sucked ass, but it also sucked ass against Pitt and it wasn't nearly the blowout. We were never in the game, but we didn't get embarrassed. The difference is the Defense got a stop periodically. Is that on Haley or Romeo? And why the hell can we show up one week and sleep walk the next?

Then some of his shit worked. DJ, Bowe, Hali all experienced increases in production under Haley.

I don't know. One minute it will look like he's all over it and then major WTF moments.

We should find out the next 3 games if it was Haley or the players.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Palko was fucking a stupid start, but he tried Orton, and he was gone after 1 play. When you're options are hurt cassel, hurt orton, dogshit palko, and an absolute no name 5th round QB, you're pretty much fucked.

Injuries and a major lack of depth killed this year.

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 09:17 AM
I am leaning this way as well that Pioli should be gone as well.

Sadly, I'm concerned that the only reason they both didn't get fired was money.

Obviously I don't know what the settlement amount ended up being, but it was likely less than the $4M Haley was likely to earn. Add another 2 years of Pioli's contract to that.

$4M turns into $14M or more.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
He was every Chiefs fail all rolled up into one:
1)Poor Game day decisions (Gun/Herm.)
2)Horrible clock management (Herm.)
3) Complete inability to find the correct way to us the talent at hand (Herm.)
4) Inconsistency (Herm/Gun/DV.)
5)Inability to establish a home field advantage (Herm/DV.)

O.city
Usually in the NFL coaches get 1 chance and GMs get 2. It's shitty but it's the way it is.

FringeNC
It's not the firing of Haley that's the problem. It's the fact that Clark Hunt didn't immediately put a stop to the feud between Haley and Pioli and the rumored undermining of Haley by Pioli. WTF? What other NFL owner would be oblivious to it all? The situation is more damning of Clark Hunt than either Pioli or Haley. Hunt had to get these guys on the same page or fire Haley during the offseason. What a debacle.

Having said all that, I lean towards Haley being the competent one in the relationship, and Matt Cassel being the problem with the franchise. Doesn't really matter, because Pioli is not getting fired, and he cannot have a dysfunctional relationship with his head coach, so Haley had to go.

el borracho
12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
insisting on starting Palko alone was enough for me.
the Firing was deserving.

Do you think Caldwell should be fired for starting Painter?

I actually don't blame Haley that much for the team's record because I think it is impossible to win anything meaningful in this league without a legit QB. And, no, I don't think Cassel is a legit QB, but he is better than Palko.

If I had to justify Haley's dismissal, I would guess it was more to do with his demeanor than his on-field production. Earning a penalty while on the sidelines was probably the last straw as I imagine that was highly embarrassing to a man like Hunt.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
It's not the firing of Haley that's the problem.

True.

It's the first step towards the solution.

It's the fact that Clark Hunt didn't immediately put a stop to the feud between Haley and Pioli and the rumored undermining of Haley by Pioli....

This is all rumor and radio sports talk hor$e$#it...

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
It's not the firing of Haley that's the problem. It's the fact that Clark Hunt didn't immediately put a stop to the feud between Haley and Pioli and the rumored undermining of Haley by Pioli. WTF? What other NFL owner would be oblivious to it all? The situation is more damning of Clark Hunt than either Pioli or Haley. Hunt had to get these guys on the same page or fire Haley during the offseason. What a debacle.

Having said all that, I lean towards Haley being the competent one in the relationship, and Matt Cassel being the problem with the franchise. Doesn't really matter, because Pioli is not getting fired, and he cannot have a dysfunctional relationship with his head coach, so Haley had to go.

I kind of feel the same way.

Haley needed to be fired after the Palko fiasco and his deliberate sabotaging of Kyle Orton.

But the real shame is that Haley felt the need to act that way in the first place. Pioli needs to be held accountable as well.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Sure, except that it was reported by just about EVERY major news outlet - Yahoo, CBS Sports, ESPN, the NFL Network for Christ's sake...

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 09:29 AM

I can't help but think Pioli's disheveled appearance and behavior at the press conference related to Clark reading him the riot act.

FringeNC
12-15-2011, 09:30 AM
True.

It's the first step towards the solution.

Oh come on. What exactly happened and who is to blame is all rumor, but the fact they had major major problems is pretty clear.

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Do you think Caldwell should be fired for starting Painter?

He should be fired for going 0-16. Brady went down and Belichick and his staff got 10 wins out of Cassel.

O.city
12-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I can't help but think Pioli's disheveled appearance and behavior at the press conference related to Clark reading him the riot act.

I agree.

I think and really really hope he got his shit pushed in for this stuff.

FringeNC
12-15-2011, 09:33 AM

I certainly agree, but Clark Hunt is to blame for letting the situation fester for a year. Pioli seemed very off his game in that PC.

KC-TBB
12-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't care what you have to say
It makes no difference anyway;
Whatever it is, I'm against it!

bevischief
12-15-2011, 09:35 AM

Obviously I don't know what the settlement amount ended up being, but it was likely less than the $4M Haley was likely to earn. Add another 2 years of Pioli's contract to that.

yep.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Oh come on. What exactly happened and who is to blame is all rumor, but the fact they had major major problems is pretty clear.

What you saw on the field was not was Pioli wanted.

A) Your fault you dumbass. You hired him. Have the nuts to cut your losses and bring in a real HC and QB.

B) Pioli has not created the atmosphere he wanted even after getting to choose all the parts.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Haley decided that he was going to run the offense. He lived and ultimately died with that decision.

see ya

Deberg_1990
12-15-2011, 09:39 AM
100% for the firing. Dude continued to play Palko...WTF???

He was known as an offensive guru, and his offense went dormant in seasons 1 and 3. The only time it was good was when Weis was here to help.
His teams quite often looked unprepared to play and got blown out of the stadium. and mostly, he just didnt win enough.

My question is....if you support Haley, why???????

FringeNC
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM

It's worse than that really. All the front office is now Pioli loyalists, so the whole front office would have to have been gutted.

el borracho
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
He should be fired for going 0-16. Brady went down and Belichick and his staff got 10 wins out of Cassel.

Oh, I agree that 0-16 is unacceptable but Haley's Chiefs never did that so that wouldn't apply to Haley. Haley actually got 10 wins out of Cassel, also, and did it with far less talent. Actually, Haley managed 5 wins without his best playmakers so there is something to said there.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Haley decided that he was going to run the offense. He lived and ultimately died with that decision.

see ya

This.

This team wins with Gailey/Weis at OC...

suds79
12-15-2011, 09:42 AM
It was time for Todd to go. The inability to get along with anybody & mass number of blowouts was reason enough.

I also think it was time for Scott to go but what can you do. Scott still has a chance to turn things around though. If he hires Josh McD as the OC and tries to stick with Cassel? Then he should have been the first to go.

If he wants nothing to do with McD and goes out and drafts a QB to be the future of this franchise? We're headed in the right direction.

OnTheWarpath58
Sure, except that it was reported by just about EVERY major news outlet - Yahoo, CBS Sports, ESPN, the NFL Network for Christ's sake...

Starting in the offseason.

lewdog
I was all for keeping him and letting him try next year until Crennel took over and said Palko was out. Haley was seriously playing Palko! That right there deserved firing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
It was absolutely the right decision, but it doesn't hide the fact that he was far from the most responsible party for this team's ineptitude.

Given BossChief's thread from earlier, these poll results are yet another interesting case study in the ability of Chiefs fans to rationalize decisions after the fact.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
lol. You saw how the ACl's got torn.

You really think Stevie Johnson diving sideways into Berry's knee had anything to do with conditioning? How about Charles tearing his while sliding on the orange marker out of bounds?

You're really stretching it with that one Gonzo.

I don't think so...

I'll give you Berry. Absolute horseshit that WR's are allowed to dive block like that. However, the other's? Not so much. Are any other teams experiencing this problem? No.
I have seen several plays on other teams games where I knew, without a doubt that there was a knee blown out. Then the player gets up and walks it off.
Why? Because they were conditioned properly.
Haley screwed the pooch on this one, sir. It is a widely agreed to that his conditioning "program" was pure failure.
Instead of doing Yoga or whatever the fuck he was doing, they should have worked 25% harder than a normal off-season because of all the time that was lost during the lockout.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Starting in the offseason.

I didn't want the Golfer.

Never did. Didn't like his attitude, didn't like his style, didn't like his arrogance.

Now everyone want's to pull the "I-told-you-s0" card after he's $3it the bed for 2 of 3 years.

It's like this fuck put a hex on the fanbase they're just now waking up from...

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Actually, Haley managed 5 wins without his best playmakers so there is something to said there.

Thank God for playing against other teams with backup QBs, Hail Mary's and fumbled snaps at the 10.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 09:49 AM
I don't think so...

I'll give you Berry. Absolute horseshit that WR's are allowed to dive block like that. However, the other's? Not so much. Are any other teams experiencing this problem? No.
I have seen several plays on other teams games where I knew, without a doubt that there was a knee blown out. Then the player gets up and walks it off.
Why? Because they were conditioned properly.
Haley screwed the pooch on this one, sir. It is a widely agreed to that his conditioning "program" was pure failure.
Instead of doing Yoga or whatever the **** he was doing, they should have worked 25% harder than a normal off-season because of all the time that was lost during the lockout.

No way... Get outta here with that shit. There's no such thing as a "I know for sure" when nothing happened...

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM
2010~
Week 17 - Raiders 31 Chiefs 10
AFC wild card Ravens 30 Chiefs 7

2011~
Week 1 Bills 41 Chiefs 7
Week 2 Lions 48 Chiefs 3
Week 9 Dolphins 31 Chiefs 3
Week 11 Patriots 34 Chiefs 3
Week 14 Jets 37 Chiefs 10

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM
It was absolutely the right decision, but it doesn't hide the fact that he was far from the most responsible party for this team's ineptitude.

Given BossChief's thread from earlier, these poll results are yet another interesting case study in the ability of Chiefs fans to rationalize decisions after the fact.

HE'S STILL THE EXECUTIVE OF THE DECADE TO ME, DAMMIT!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YTJBDUN8iSE/RpWTjTSF6LI/AAAAAAAAAN4/6ObFTNwfqCM/s320/Its-Still-Real-to-Me-Dammit.jpg

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 09:54 AM
No way... Get outta here with that shit. There's no such thing as a "I know for sure" when nothing happened...

LMAO
Out of the entire post, you pick out the part that was speculation to disagree with...

Agree or not. I'm speaking from a little experience here. Take it from a guy that's had knee problems due to football injuries for the last 20 years...

Conditioning is everything when it comes down to it. Especially early in the year when everyone is weak and fat. I would give you one or two but all four of them happening within 3 weeks of one another?

That's an awfully big coincidence. Don't you think that Todd's awesome hippie conditioning program may have had a little something to do with it?

Lumpy
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
I honestly thought that Haley did the best he could given that the majority of the talent was on IR. I think they could have at least let him finish out the season. It's not like it's salvageable anyway.

Also, too many people forget that shit rolls downhill. With that comes hatred from the fans. Hatred in turn causes a bad team image. Of course they're going to fire Haley in order to stabilize their image. Without the fans, Pioli and Hunt don't make bank.

Brock
12-15-2011, 10:02 AM
That's an awfully big coincidence. Don't you think that Todd's awesome hippie conditioning program may have had a little something to do with it?

Regardless of the injuries, the team looked very unprepared in the preseason and it continued to look unprepared into the season. I don't know what he was trying to prove, but it blew up in his face.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 10:06 AM
I honestly thought that Haley did the best he could given that the majority of the talent was on IR. I think they could have at least let him finish out the season. It's not like it's salvageable anyway.

Also, too many people forget that shit rolls downhill. With that comes hatred from the fans. Hatred in turn causes a bad team image. Of course they're going to fire Haley in order to stabilize their image. Without the fans, Pioli and Hunt don't make bank.

1st:

Letting him go now was probably a good move. Most teams let their coaches go after the season and when that happens, everyone is trying to get their hands on the best coach available.
They were going to let him go anyway, so now they are in a good position to try and pick up Fisher or whoever since they have the opening now instead of in Feb. Notice Miami did the same thing just hours after KC? That's because they probably feel as though they are both vying for the same small group of HC's. I know there are tampering rules in place that are supposed to prevent this type of thing from happening. However, you can't tell me that someone from KC's organization is not talking to some of the available coaches right now.
2nd:
We get a chance to see if Crennel can handle the Grind. He's older and already failed once. However, failing with the Browns is not a difficult thing to do.
3rd:
Edit...
I better not say that. You'll castrate me. You were moody today.

Lumpy
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
3rd:
Edit...

Too late, asshole, I saw what you typed! :cuss:

LMAO

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
2010~
Week 17 - Raiders 31 Chiefs 10
AFC wild card Ravens 30 Chiefs 7

2011~
Week 1 Bills 41 Chiefs 7
Week 2 Lions 48 Chiefs 3
Week 9 Dolphins 31 Chiefs 3
Week 11 Patriots 34 Chiefs 3
Week 14 Jets 37 Chiefs 10

How anyone can defend or support Haley is beyond me?

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 10:14 AM

LMAO

Aw fuck...

Hold on..

What's that?

Ya! I can do that!

Sorry hun, gotta go.
See ya tonight!

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 10:15 AM

LMAO
Hush woman and let the men discuss football.

go make me a sammich

o:-)

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 10:28 AM
LMAO
Out of the entire post, you pick out the part that was speculation to disagree with...

Agree or not. I'm speaking from a little experience here. Take it from a guy that's had knee problems due to football injuries for the last 20 years...

Conditioning is everything when it comes down to it. Especially early in the year when everyone is weak and fat. I would give you one or two but all four of them happening within 3 weeks of one another?

Perhaps i only made it that far in your post before i had to stop reading. :D

And stop blaming your weak pathetic white man knees on conditioning. You know they're bad because you keep falling down going up the stairs into your trailer after a long morning of drinking 3 Natty lights.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM

And stop blaming your weak pathetic white man knees on conditioning. You know they're bad because you keep falling down going up the stairs into your trailer after a long morning of drinking 3 Natty lights.

Hey, I'm black. I just have pigment issues.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
1st:

Letting him go now was probably a good move. Most teams let their coaches go after the season and when that happens, everyone is trying to get their hands on the best coach available.
They were going to let him go anyway, so now they are in a good position to try and pick up Fisher or whoever since they have the opening now instead of in Feb. Notice Miami did the same thing just hours after KC? That's because they probably feel as though they are both vying for the same small group of HC's. I know there are tampering rules in place that are supposed to prevent this type of thing from happening. However, you can't tell me that someone from KC's organization is not talking to some of the available coaches right now.
2nd:
We get a chance to see if Crennel can handle the Grind. He's older and already failed once. However, failing with the Browns is not a difficult thing to do.
3rd:
Edit...

Are you actually supporting hiring Jeff Fucking Fisher?

Also, as a side note, i do agree that if they knew they were going to fire Todd, the sooner the better. It makes no sense to hang on to a guy that's going to get shitcanned later anyways. Kinda like the Bucs are doing.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Hush woman and let the men discuss football.

go make me a sammich

o:-)

Laz, you pole-smoker.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Hey, I'm black. I just have pigment issues.

Gonzo
12-15-2011, 10:32 AM
Are you actually supporting hiring Jeff ****ing Fisher?

Also, as a side note, i do agree that if they knew they were going to fire Todd, the sooner the better. It makes no sense to hang on to a guy that's going to get shitcanned later anyways. Kinda like the Bucs are doing.

Actually?

Meh. I could think of a lot worse. I could think of a lot better.

I think they will go for him because he's the safe choice.

Lumpy
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM

:LOL:

Wait, I think I caught some shrapnel from that comment. Jokes on you though... our trailer is on a slab foundation. :harumph:

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Laz, you pole-smoker.

LMAO LMAO

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Actually?

Meh. I could think of a lot worse. I could think of a lot better.

I think they will go for him because he's the safe choice.

I think it's either him or Crennel. Which is not exciting me at all.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
:LOL:

Wait, I think I caught some shrapnel from that comment. Jokes on you though... our trailer is on a slab foundation. :harumph:

You should tell drunk Gonzo that. He keeps trying to walk up stairs. Probably part of the reason he has bad knees.

Rausch
12-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Regardless of the injuries, the team looked very unprepared in the preseason and it continued to look unprepared into the season. I don't know what he was trying to prove, but it blew up in his face.

Quoted simply for the reason it's the longest captured Brock statement in the wild...

scho63
12-15-2011, 10:36 AM

:clap:

:thumb:

Phobia
12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm pretty ambivolent about all of it. I don't even know what to think about the Chiefs any more. They're like your pretty wife who cheats on you but then goes to the salon and you take her back. Just because there's a new look up top doesn't mean she's not going to cheat on you again.

Okie_Apparition
12-15-2011, 11:41 AM
IF I go to other team boards & be a complete dick
but can't go back because the CHiefs get blow out
WTF good is Haley to me

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I liked Haley and his fiery personality, but it's hard to know what he was really responsible for taking blame.

Was Haley calling the plays? If so, then he needed fired.
(Bill Muir still needs fired)

Was it Haley's preference to have Matt Cassel / Tyler Palko as his QB's going into the season? If so, then he needed fired.

Do the players hate playing for Haley? If so, then he needed fired.

Was Haley the genius who was running McCluster between the tackles? If so, then he needed fired.

Until the answers come out in official form, I don't know whether it was Haley or Pioli that needed gone.

This

memyselfI
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, what a difference a week makes. Last week the numbers were on the 'mistake to fire' side.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow, what a difference a week makes. Last week the numbers were on the 'mistake to fire' side.

We are a very media driven society. The media has been saying bad things about the Chiefs (and haley), so the voting came out bad for Haley.

trndobrd
12-15-2011, 12:38 PM
I like Haley and believes he deserves a lot of credit for challenging players and getting the best out of Bowe, Johnson and others.

But....

By promoting Muir to OC, Haley made it clear that he wanted to control the offense. The results were tragic:

-The Head Coach, OC and Quarterbacks coach consistently had difficulty getting plays to the QB in a timely manner. This falls squarely on the HC.

-The team, particularly the offense, repeatedly was unprepared on game day. Players lining up out of position, needless timeouts, false starts, etc.

-Clock management that made Dick Curl laugh.

-Despite his reputation as a 'gambler' (onside kicks, 4th down attempts), Haley's play calling was unimaginative at best, predictable at worst, and rarely made the best use of the offensive players skills (trying to use Palko as a pocket passer, McCluster up the middle).

-Even when the offense found something that worked (crossing routes to Bowe, McCluster in the flat) the play calling reverted to Herm Ball (run,run,incomplete,punt) on the next series.

Bottom line, Haley bought and owned an offense that failed to produce a touchdown in three games (would have been four save the hail-mary) and was utterly non-competitive at the NFL level.

FAX
12-15-2011, 12:40 PM
The poll is rigged!!!

The way this thing was worded, I had to vote "time to go". Clearly, Haley wasn't going to move the team forward while he and the GM were acting like two spoiled sorority bitches with high flow.

I still believe that Haley will become a successful coach in this league and will probably get another HC job at some point in the future. It wasn't going to happen here, though.

FAX

-King-
I liked Haley. I voted to keep him in the other poll. But my opinion changed on him a lot after the last game and after all the news we're hearing about him now. Fuck him, it was time for him to go.
Posted via Mobile Device

TrebMaxx
I put the blame for this season on Haley and Pioli. 50/50. If Clark wanted change he should of shit canned both of them. I lean toward giving Haley another year although I can see the argument that he had to go.

whoman69
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I'd say Haley's strong point was getting some players up to a higher level that were on the cusp of being branded as busts, players like Bowe, DJ and Hali. I can't really say a lot about the play calling because the talent we had at QB meant that if Cassel was out there it was going to be a check down anyway, and for Palko you can't call a play more than 10 yards down the field. We were predictable because the talent level made it that way. Things slowballed in the blowout losses from the offense crapping their pants and leaving the defense out on the field the whole game. With the injuries we had no balance and with the talent we had no variety.

Probably the biggest indictment against Haley was his handling of Palko. Should it really have ever come to that? I understand first game against NE you want to go with the more experience. However in that game and the following game against Pitt, Haley said the QB that gives us the most chance to win will be in the game. When Palko crapped his pants it was clear he could not win that game. The plan against the Bears was to bring in Orton if Palko failed again. Then you trot him out again the next week? At that point you're trying to drive home a point to the GM instead of doing what is best for the team. Petty.

FAX
12-15-2011, 02:38 PM
I'd say Haley's strong point was getting some players up to a higher level that were on the cusp of being branded as busts, players like Bowe, DJ and Hali. I can't really say a lot about the play calling because the talent we had at QB meant that if Cassel was out there it was going to be a check down anyway, and for Palko you can't call a play more than 10 yards down the field. We were predictable because the talent level made it that way. Things slowballed in the blowout losses from the offense crapping their pants and leaving the defense out on the field the whole game. With the injuries we had no balance and with the talent we had no variety.

Probably the biggest indictment against Haley was his handling of Palko. Should it really have ever come to that? I understand first game against NE you want to go with the more experience. However in that game and the following game against Pitt, Haley said the QB that gives us the most chance to win will be in the game. When Palko crapped his pants it was clear he could not win that game. The plan against the Bears was to bring in Orton if Palko failed again. Then you trot him out again the next week? At that point you're trying to drive home a point to the GM instead of doing what is best for the team. Petty.

Well, he did pull Palko for Orton on that one play.

Given all the dysfunction in that "organization", it's impossible to discern the "whys", Mr. whoman69. The full truth will likely never emerge. All I know is that he ultimately failed and, to my mind, that's unfortunate for the Chiefs, the fans, and for Haley himself.

I was initially very hopeful that he was the kind of innovative, passionate, young coach who could grow with a young team, learn on the job, and establish a new era of success.

Hope springs eternal in the heart of a Chiefs fan, I suppose.

FAX

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM

And proceeded to call a flea flicker. Haley was a stupid ass.

FAX
12-15-2011, 02:44 PM

It was highly innovative. Besides, the only other play Orton knew at the time was "Sand Trap Left" which we had already used.

FAX

Brock
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd say Haley's strong point was getting some players up to a higher level that were on the cusp of being branded as busts, players like Bowe, DJ and Hali.

Bowe, the 1000 yards receiving per year bust.

Flachief58
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM

This. They should have given him one more year with the team at full strength and a real QB.

This year was the perfect shit storm wich began with the lockout and lack of a normal off season. The cherry and nuts on top were all of the early season injuries and an extremly tough schedule.

The fact that our backups are worthless and would have no chance at making any other roster is the GM's job, not the HC's.

I would have much rather have seen Egoli on the one way bus out of town with casshole in tow.

whoman69
12-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Given all the dysfunction in that "organization", it's impossible to discern the "whys", Mr. whoman69. The full truth will likely never emerge. All I know is that he ultimately failed and, to my mind, that's unfortunate for the Chiefs, the fans, and for Haley himself.

I was initially very hopeful that he was the kind of innovative, passionate, young coach who could grow with a young team, learn on the job, and establish a new era of success.

Hope springs eternal in the heart of a Chiefs fan, I suppose.

FAX

Yeah, we must all be idiots. At least we're not as bad as Cubs fans yet.

Guru
12-15-2011, 03:14 PM
He should have never been hired in the first place.

Count Zarth
12-15-2011, 03:16 PM
It had to be done.

No one gets blown out that much in three years consistently and goes on to great things.

And, he was an asshole. Of epic proportions. He was toxic.

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

I think your comment earlier, about sabotaging him was right on the money.

You bring a guy in that hasn't played and you call that play? He is either a total idiot, or was sabotaging him.

O.city
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
It had to be done.

No one gets blown out that much in three years consistently and goes on to great things.

I think that's what got him fired, the toxic part. You could rationalize some of the blowouts due to injury. 1 or 2 that is. But he just seemed to be a prick asshole.

philfree
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Last week before the Jets game I said I'd keep him but he lost all composure and his team wasn't prepared so I changed my mind. Haley isn't the same coach he was when he got here. What happened to 4 down mode? He used to go for it all the time his first year and then this year he elected not to go for it in several situations where he really should have. Then he'd go on sides kick it. He's just to inconsistent and as much as he wants the players to be the same guy everyday I'm not sure he is. It was time for him to go. I also think Clark was imbarassed by Haleys lack of composure. So, Well, Bye!

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 03:53 PM
It had to be done.

This is one thing as a fan I don't give two shits about.

Count Zarth
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
This is one thing as a fan I don't give two shits about.

It's OK to be an asshole to an extent.

Haley was being a toxic asshole. Being an asshole just to be an asshole, not for any purpose.

ChiefsNow
12-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I already miss Haley.

DeezNutz
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Terrible decision. It's always best to hang on to completely inept coaches for four full seasons.

Gonzo
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Bumping my own thread...

What say you now?
Posted via Mobile Device

scott free
12-18-2011, 04:02 PM

I'll go with this.

But Haley had his problems, no doubt.