PDA

View Full Version : Football Feds: Bears’ Sam Hurd tried to buy huge amounts of cocaine, pot

loochy
12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/9459244-606/feds-bears-sam-hurd-tried-to-buy-huge-amounts-of-cocaine-pot.html

Feds: Bears’ Sam Hurd tried to buy huge amounts of cocaine, pot

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Modified: Dec 15, 2011 11:03AM

Chicago Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd is facing federal drug charges.

Federal prosecutors filed a complaint against Hurd early Thursday. He’s in custody in Chicago.

According to the federal complaint, Hurd was arrested Wednesday after meeting with an undercover agent at a Chicago restaurant. The complaint says Hurd told the agent that he was interested in buying five to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area.

Hurd, a San Antonio native, played for five seasons with the Dallas Cowboys and is in his first season with the Bears. He has contributed mostly on special teams, playing in 77 games overall with six starts and two career touchdowns. The former Northern Illinois star has played in 12 games this year, catching eight passes for 109 yards.

:eek:

That is a LOT of drugs!

God of Thunder
12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
damn fool.

munkey
12-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Using your contract money to start a new business for life after football...awesome idea...

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
stupid kneegrow, bet he sounds just like Shannon Sharpe/ReeRun_KC

scho63
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
I bet he isn't the only one buying a good steady supply of drugs but he may have tried to buy just a LITTLE too much! LOL

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 10:34 AM

ROFL

Frazod
12-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Heh. This should make for a fun week of Chicago sports radio talk. :D

loochy
12-15-2011, 10:37 AM
...a half ton of weed....PER WEEK

:facepalm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Odds he doesn't have a Scarface poster are...

Baby Lee
12-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Sounds like he's as despondent about their QB situation as we are here.

rageeumr
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Good lord. Let someone else handle the day-to-day operations of your drug empire.

seclark
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
...a half ton of weed....PER WEEK

:facepalm:

sounds like he knows how to party.
sec

WhiteWhale
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
When you desire to be Tony Montana (Ghetto icon) more than an NFL player, you're a hood-rat.

Von Dumbass
12-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Per @MattSpiegel670: 670 The Score has learned there's a list of NFL players who got their drugs from S. Hurd and it's in the double digits.https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly/status/147380329898979328

gblowfish
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM
He should go into business with Bong Morris!

Frosty
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Pshaw! It's for medical use.

Rain Man
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
He must be friends with Charlie Sheen.

NewChief
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
This doesn't make much sense from an investigative standpoint. They're not going to be able to bust him on much for being "interested in buying" drugs. He's going to actually have to have bought some shit, right? Don't understand why they'd charge him at this point.

Red Beans
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
This doesn't make much sense from an investigative standpoint. They're not going to be able to bust him on much for being "interested in buying" drugs. He's going to actually have to have bought some shit, right? Don't understand why they'd charge him at this point.

Actually they can charge him with conspiracy to purchase and/or distribute. It's a fucking racket by the DEA...

NewChief
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Actually they can charge him with conspiracy to purchase and/or distribute. It's a ****ing racket by the DEA...

Just seems like they missed a chance to make a real bust. If he's interested in buying that sort of quantity, then he has to have a connection with a pretty big distribution network. By going public with this prior to even selling the guy anything, they've blown any chance to do much of anything truly effective in their "war against drugs" (stupid anyway) besides ruin this guy's career.

Just doesn't seem to add up, but we'll see. It's their job, so I'll just assume they know what they're doing.

Brock
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Jamal Lewis did prison time for making a phone call. I can't imagine what they're going to do to this nitwit.

WhiteWhale
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Just seems like they missed a chance to make a real bust. If he's interested in buying that sort of quantity, then he has to have a connection with a pretty big distribution network. By going public with this prior to even selling the guy anything, they've blown any chance to do much of anything truly effective in their "war against drugs" (stupid anyway) besides ruin this guy's career.

Just doesn't seem to add up, but we'll see. It's their job, so I'll just assume they know what they're doing.

If he had such great connections, I'm not sure he would have been trying to buy shit from a police officer.

This is obviously as high as they could go up the ladder.

What's he supposed to do? IF the cop is SELLING him the drugs then the guy isn't exactly helping him find distributors.

wazu
12-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Per @MattSpiegel670: 670 The Score has learned there's a list of NFL players who got their drugs from S. Hurd and it's in the double digits.

Please, lord, let Matt Cassel be on that list. (And if it's not too much trouble, Barry Richardson.)

-King-
12-15-2011, 02:07 PM
1. Hurd told an undercover agent Wednesday night that he was looking to buy ”5 to 10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week for distribution in the Chicago area.”

2. Hurd negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram for the cocaine and $450 per pound of the weed. So Hurd had the cash flow to pay for $575,000-$700,000 worth of drugs per week. That’s well over $2 million per month. (We’ll let you imagine how much he was bringing in or planning to bring in.)

3. The money Hurd was willing to spend was on top of what he was already purchasing elsewhere. Hurd told the informant that he currently distributed ”four kilograms of cocaine per week in the Chicago area, but that the supplier could not supply him with enough quantity.”

Hurd was trying to take his operation to another level.

4. Hurd first came on the police’s radar in July. After receiving a tip, police found a man with a bag filled with $88,000 in a canvas bag. The man said the money and car belonged to Hurd. It was Hurd’s car, and the receiver still attempted to get the money back.

This should have raised a red flag, but Hurd was too foolish or in too deep to realize he needed to slow down.

5. Hurd was looking for Mexican cell phones, because he believed authorities didn’t have the ability to track them.

6. This wasn’t a small operation. Hurd only dealt with “high level” deals; a co-conspirator handled more day-to-day stuff. Hurd allegedly had business as far away as California and had a fleet of vehicles.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
12-15-2011, 02:10 PM
So ... I haven't been following this story having been occupied primarily with the manufacture of my Official Chiefs Personalized Assisted Suicide Device. I'm running into problems coming up with a good method. The mattress-embedded-with-sharp-kitchen-knives-and-step-ladder solution seemed like a good idea, but it honestly doesn't look as painless as I'd like.

Anyway, has the media begun speculating as to whether or not Sam will start naming names in exchange for a deal?

FAX

Dartgod
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
So ... I haven't been following this story having been occupied primarily with the manufacture of my Official Chiefs Personalized Assisted Suicide Device. I'm running into problems coming up with a good method. The mattress-embedded-with-sharp-kitchen-knives-and-step-ladder solution seemed like a good idea, but it honestly doesn't look as painless as I'd like.

Anyway, has the media begun speculating as to whether or not Sam will start naming names in exchange for a deal?

FAX

Haley would have to be on that list. Drug use is the only logical explanation for trotting Palko out there under center week after week.

Dexter Manley
12-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Jerry Jones has had his share... let Pacman have "another shot..."

lcarus
12-15-2011, 02:28 PM
Scarface has been a really positive influence on black America. I guess that's a stupid statement. It has also been a really positive influence on "white people who try to be black" America.

Claynus
12-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Why are NFL players so dumb.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM

Brain injuries.

FAX
12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Deadspin

Sam Hurd Was A "Top Drug Dealer" In City And Dealt To Fellow Players, Reports Chicago Radio Station deadspin.com/5868547/

FAX

Johnny Vegas
12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
if you notice Michael Irvin missing from Total Access you know why.

WhiteWhale
12-15-2011, 02:51 PM

I dunno.

Why don't you know that questions end with question marks?

Some things just can't be explained. :D

Otter
12-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Ever notice it's almost always WR or RB that get in trouble for this kind of stuff?

Just saying.

chefsos
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Ever notice it's almost always WR or RB that get in trouble for this kind of stuff?

Just saying.No one wants to buy their drugs from a punter.

The Iron Chief
12-15-2011, 03:36 PM
:eek:

That is a LOT of drugs!

Bam Morris just tweeted that too, only he added

That is a LOT of drugs..even for me

JASONSAUTO
12-15-2011, 03:56 PM
all the big guys in chicago have either died or gone to prison...

i guess someone had to try to step in.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Lowlife. Bubba thinks he's pretty.

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Jay Ratliff has to be separated from Cowboys beat writer

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 15, 2011, 6:17 PM EST

AP
Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff had to be separated from ESPNDallas.com writer Calvin Watkins on Thursday when Ratliff didn’t appreciate the line of questioning.

Watkins is a well respected writer that has worked at the two major papers in town. He reportedly asked Ratliff about former teammate Sam Hurd’s arrest for drug trafficking and the conversation “quickly went South” according to Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

NFL Network had footage of the argument, which looked very close. The two men had to be kept apart while yelling at each other. The incident didn’t come as a total surprise to those who know Ratliff, who has apparently had a testy relationship with the media and has a moody personality.

Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was standing nearby and broke it down: “My money’s on Ratliff.”

Earthling
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Sounds like he's as despondent about their QB situation as we are here.

LMAO

Earthling
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Who does he think he is...Keith Richards?

KC native
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM

Yea it seems to me that other than the transaction they got him on today, they don't have much. I bet he gets a Plaxico type of sentence and tries to come back to the league afterwards.

eazyb81
12-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan was standing nearby and broke it down: “My money’s on Ratliff.”

Rob Ryan is such a ****ing doofus for trying to make light of this. I'd love to see Ratliff lay one finger on any writer - his ass would get thrown out of the league and no one would even remember him after a month.

I am so sick of the players and coaches thinking they can bully writers into not asking tough questions.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Rob Ryan is such a ****ing doofus for trying to make light of this. I'd love to see Ratliff lay one finger on any writer - his ass would get thrown out of the league and no one would even remember him after a month.

I am so sick of the players and coaches thinking they can bully writers into not asking tough questions.

It's that high school mentality.

DeezNutz
12-15-2011, 05:02 PM

How many posters were advocating this douche for HC? And most likely, what they know best about him is that he's Rex's brother.

LiveSteam
12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
ME THINK! Cocaine bad.
ME THINK! Marijuana good.

FAX
12-15-2011, 06:56 PM

Yeah ... I don't comprehendo this either, really.

They're supposed to infiltrate for awhile, then get secret warrants for the NFL guy, the biker gang, and the Mexican cartel. Then, just before they make the bust, the CIA steps in and puts the kibosh on the whole deal on account of some special arrangement between the US and the Mexican government.

Or, you could just ruin everything by taking down the NFL.

By the way, I thought that the league had a drug-testing program in place?

FAX

crazycoffey
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Pshaw! It's for medical use.

coke?

Caseyguyrr
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Using your contract money to start a new business for life after football...awesome idea...

right concept, wrong industry

Dylan
12-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Source: Hurd Provided Drugs To Other NFL Players

(CBS) Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd, who was arrested Wednesday on federal drug charges, was a top drug dealer in Chicago and police have a list of NFL players who were supplied drugs by the receiver, a law enforcement source told 670 The Score.

The list is “in the double-digits”, according to the source.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/source-hurd-provided-drugs-to-other-nfl-players/

Built in clientele - This is going to get ugly. Good and ugly.

Business was based out of Texas -- moves his business to Chicago.

How do you move your business to Chicago and not get a knock on the door from the top drug kingpin?

"Hurd hit authorities radar in July when a confidential informant told police that a man was attempting to obtain four kilograms of cocaine for an unknown buyer in the Dallas area. That man was later stopped by police with $88,000 in a canvas bag. He said that the car and the money belonged to Hurd. Police confiscated the money, and Hurd later contacted authorities trying to get the money back."

LOL

FAX
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
His only chance to avoid spending the next 40 years in lockup is to rat out a bunch of guys in exchange for a deal.

FAX

Caseyguyrr
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Source: Hurd Provided Drugs To Other NFL Players

(CBS) Bears wide receiver Sam Hurd, who was arrested Wednesday on federal drug charges, was a top drug dealer in Chicago and police have a list of NFL players who were supplied drugs by the receiver, a law enforcement source told 670 The Score.

The list is “in the double-digits”, according to the source.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/12/15/source-hurd-provided-drugs-to-other-nfl-players/

Built in clientele - This is going to get ugly. Good and ugly.

Business was based out of Texas -- moves his business to Chicago.

How do you move your business to Chicago and not get a knock on the door from the top drug kingpin?

LOL

snitches get stiches

Dylan
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Excerpt from the Hurd Complaint - (link below)

Criminal Complaint: Case Number 3-11-MJ Filed Dec 15, 2011

United States District Court, Northern District of Texas

United States of America
V.
Samuel George Hurd, III

On August 15, 2011, HSI received additional information from Denton Police Department in Denton, Texas, that HURD was possibly associated to four individuals from California that were detained on July 25, 2011, with currency, narcotics, and weapons. A search of the text messages on the cellular telephones, revealed electronic communications with the detainees and a telephone number identified as being utilized by HURD and T.L. The text message content appeared to be consisent with norcotics traffgicking and possible money laundering.

HURD further stated that his co-conspirator is in charge of doing the majority of the deals as HURD focuses on the "higher-end" deals. HURD subsequently inquired if the UCA and the CI could provide him with Mexican cellular telephones, as HURD believed that law enforcement did not hhave the capability of "listening" to Mexican telephones.[/QUOTE]

http://www.scribd.com/doc/75786026/Hurd-Complaint

The local office of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is handling the investigation, authorities said.

The Zapatas / Zetas foot soldiers probably wanted no part of dealing with this dummy ....

Okie_Apparition
12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
450 a pound
The goverment is retarded not getting the tax revenue

stonedstooge
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
GODdell going to have his hands full

Marcellus
12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
GODdell going to have his hands full

Sabbi is shitting right now.

Dylan
12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
His only chance to avoid spending the next 40 years in lockup is to rat out a bunch of guys in exchange for a deal.

FAX

According to the complaint, Hurd sounds like a midlevel dealer with a couple of suppliers. Cartels don't technically get their drugs straight from the source. They don't do the meet and greet ...

He'll rat out the NFL players -- They're harmless. When you get that big, they're not going to talk -- or they'll kill your family.

Just my opinion

KChiefer
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Anyone who tells me they can get me 1000 lbs of weed better be the President of Jamaica or I'm calling BS! In my guesstimate, that's like a football field of harvest...PER WEEK!

Too bad it wasn't legit though, I'm in Illinois and wouldn't mind seeing a saturated market ;)

On a side note, I just saw the new owner of Jacksonville and he's from Champaign, IL. He looks like an Arab Gallagher :eek:

FAX
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
According to the complaint, Hurd sounds like a midlevel dealer with a couple of suppliers. Cartels don't technically get their drugs straight from the source. They don't do the meet and greet ...

He'll rat out the NFL players -- They're harmless. When you get that big, they're not going to talk -- or they'll kill your family.

Just my opinion

Yeah ... he might be able to name a few suppliers in Texas, Ms. Dylan, but if he knew a supplier in Chicago, he probably wouldn't have been speaking with the undercover guy and getting himself all busted and all.

I was referring to his customers. There seems to be some belief that he had a lot of NFL players on his client list. Those are the kinds of people the authorities like to take down because it gets them tons of press and helps perpetuate the myth that they are doing a great job and the war on drugs is actually working.

Considering the enormous tonnage of cocaine and pot that is sold in this country each year, Sam isn't all that valuable - other than his PR value.

FAX

Dylan
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Anyone who tells me they can get me 1000 lbs of weed better be the President of Jamaica or I'm calling BS! In my guesstimate, that's like a football field of harvest...PER WEEK!

Too bad it wasn't legit though, I'm in Illinois and wouldn't mind seeing a saturated market ;)

On a side note, I just saw the new owner of Jacksonville and he's from Champaign, IL. He looks like an Arab Gallagher :eek:

The Feds can get him on possession of a kilo of cocaine, on the surrounding evidence. In marijuana, they cannot prove your guilt without the evidence, the charges may be dropped.

crossbow
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
You guys got this all wrong. He was holiday shopping and needed to get something for everyone on his list.

Dylan
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
This is what Hurd is charged with so far:

Texas Penal Code

21 USC 846 - Attempt and conspiracy

Sec. 846. Attempt and conspiracy
Any person who attempts or conspires to commit any offense defined in this subchapter shall be subject to the same penalties as those prescribed for the offense, the commission of which was the object of the attempt or conspiracy.

http://law.onecle.com/uscode/21/846.html

21 USC 841 - Prohibited acts A
http://law.onecle.com/uscode/21/841.html
(a)
Unlawful acts
Except as authorized by this subchapter, it shall be unlawful for any person knowingly or intentionally—
(1) to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, or possess with intent to manufacture, distribute, or dispense, a controlled substance; or

b)
Penalties
Except as otherwise provided in section 849, 859, 860, or 861 of this title, any person who violates subsection (a) of this section shall be sentenced as follows:
(1)

(B) In the case of a violation of subsection (a) of this section involving—
(ii) 500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing a detectable amount of—

such person shall be sentenced to a term of imprisonment which may not be less than 5 years and not more than 40 years.

http://law.onecle.com/uscode/21/841.html

Hurd's three-year contract with the Bears had a maximum value of $5.15 million ($4.15 million base total), and Hurd received a $1.35 million signing bonus.

Copyright © 2011, Chicago Tribune

KC native
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Yea, I bet he gets a plea deal for 3 and he's back in the league or CFL by the time he's 30.

MOhillbilly
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM
That's a shit load of crack.

Smed1065
12-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Yeah ... he might be able to name a few suppliers in Texas, Ms. Dylan, but if he knew a supplier in Chicago, he probably wouldn't have been speaking with the undercover guy and getting himself all busted and all.

I was referring to his customers. There seems to be some belief that he had a lot of NFL players on his client list. Those are the kinds of people the authorities like to take down because it gets them tons of press and helps perpetuate the myth that they are doing a great job and the war on drugs is actually working.

Considering the enormous tonnage of cocaine and pot that is sold in this country each year, Sam isn't all that valuable - other than his PR value.

FAX

Double digit would be 10-LOL

FAX
12-15-2011, 09:15 PM

Is that how many there were?

I'm not following this story very much ... or well ... or at all.

FAX

SLAG
12-15-2011, 09:16 PM

or could be 99

Marcellus
12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Is that how many there were?

I'm not following this story very much ... or well ... or at all.

FAX

Somewhere else its posted as rumored to be at least 20 I think.

Or maybe it was Hurd is a dumbass x20.

There is a 20 somewhere. Be right back. My dealer is calling about a cancelled order.

DuhChiefs
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
No wonder Caleb Hainie sucks...

stonedstooge
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Wish one of the other networks would do another NFL weekly series like ESPN did several years ago. Anyone else remember it? It was on for one year and then the NFL supposedly forced them to discontinue it

aturnis
12-15-2011, 09:53 PM

Don't blame him. Blame Haley.

chefsos
12-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Yea, I bet he gets a plea deal for 3 and he's back in the league or CFL by the time he's 30.He's kind of a fringe guy anyway so I don't think anyone will be clamoring for his (football) services anytime soon*.

EDIT: *As in, ever.

Tombstone RJ
12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
http://thefunnyinbox.com/wp-content/gallery/kodak-moments/kodak-moments-bear-cocaine.jpg

Simply Red
12-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Odds he doesn't have a Scarface poster are...

not to getty-up off of your humor, but;

I'm sure it's framed.

ChiefsNow
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I hurd you had eleventy million kilos of coke. Can you hook me up?

boogblaster
12-15-2011, 11:00 PM
he'll beat it .. after they rob him of most his money ......

crazycoffey
12-15-2011, 11:14 PM
he'll beat it .. after they rob him of most his money ......

after they "rob" him?

Only in America can someone be so guilty and still acquitted in the court of public opinion....
I bet the dogs and PETA are behind Vick's story too.

WV
12-15-2011, 11:24 PM
Nate Newton is jealous...................

dtebbe
12-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Dreaming of...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QKgsuGurM4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-16-2011, 06:53 AM
This is what happens when Thomas Jones is no longer on your team.

bevischief
12-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Have fun at Leavenworth.

We can only hope that Cassel was a customer...

Dartgod
12-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Is this the NFL drug ring that Keitzman was talking about?

Frosty
12-16-2011, 08:24 AM
coke?

Cocaine as a local anesthetic

Cocaine was historically useful as a topical anesthetic in eye and nasal surgery, although it is now predominantly used for nasal and lacrimal duct surgery. The major disadvantages of this use are cocaine's intense vasoconstrictor activity and potential for cardiovascular toxicity. Cocaine has since been largely replaced in Western medicine by synthetic local anesthetics such as benzocaine, proparacaine, lignocaine/xylocaine/lidocaine, and tetracaine though it remains available for use if specified. If vasoconstriction is desired for a procedure (as it reduces bleeding), the anesthetic is combined with a vasoconstrictor such as phenylephrine or epinephrine. In Australia it is currently prescribed for use as a local anesthetic for conditions such as mouth and lung ulcers. Some ENT specialists occasionally use cocaine within the practice when performing procedures such as nasal cauterization. In this scenario dissolved cocaine is soaked into a ball of cotton wool, which is placed in the nostril for the 10–15 minutes immediately prior to the procedure, thus performing the dual role of both numbing the area to be cauterized and also vasoconstriction. Even when used this way, some of the used cocaine may be absorbed through oral or nasal mucosa and give systemic effects.

In 2005, researchers from Kyoto University Hospital proposed the use of cocaine in conjunction with phenylephrine administered in the form of an eye drop as a diagnostic test for Parkinson's disease.

See, it is all for valid use.

:)

DJJasonp
12-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Hurd must have watched too many episodes of the wire......thinks he's Marlo.

gblowfish
12-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Things started to go bad when he bought a used car from Tamarick Vanover...

vailpass
12-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Jay Ratliff has to be separated from Cowboys beat writer

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 15, 2011, 6:17 PM EST

AP
Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff had to be separated from ESPNDallas.com writer Calvin Watkins on Thursday when Ratliff didn’t appreciate the line of questioning.

Watkins is a well respected writer that has worked at the two major papers in town. He reportedly asked Ratliff about former teammate Sam Hurd’s arrest for drug trafficking and the conversation “quickly went South” according to Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

NFL Network had footage of the argument, which looked very close. The two men had to be kept apart while yelling at each other. The incident didn’t come as a total surprise to those who know Ratliff, who has apparently had a testy relationship with the media and has a moody personality.

LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
incarceratedbobIncarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: MIKE VICK & also his brother (Former College Player) are on the list of "SUPPOSED" clients of Sam Hurd #IBN

Chiefs Pantalones
12-16-2011, 04:12 PM

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: MIKE VICK & also his brother (Former College Player) are on the list of "SUPPOSED" clients of Sam Hurd #IBN

That would be so shocking lol

Urc Burry
12-16-2011, 04:14 PM

Incarcerated bob is not a reliable source

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 06:51 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballWkly/status/147380329898979328

How hilarious would it be if Bible Boy was one of em LMAO

Deberg_1990
12-16-2011, 08:06 PM
Wish one of the other networks would do another NFL weekly series like ESPN did several years ago. Anyone else remember it? It was on for one year and then the NFL supposedly forced them to discontinue it

Playmakers? Yea, ESPN was forced to cancel it the NFL was so pissed off.
Posted via Mobile Device

stonedstooge
12-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Playmakers? Yea, ESPN was forced to cancel it the NFL was so pissed off.
Posted via Mobile Device

That show was awesome. I imagine a lot of what they portrayed happens quite often in the NFL

Rain Man
12-16-2011, 08:11 PM

Was there ever any doubt?

And I'm curious. Why do they mention Michael Vick and delete the name of (presumably) Marcus Vick?