PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone know how Stanzi has looked in practice.

chop
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM
I posted this in one of those mega-threads a lot of you like but I haven't gotten a reply so I thought I would add it to it's own thread. I hear that Orton is throwing the short stuff pretty good but no news on how Stanzi is looking.

O.city
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM
No clue.

SNR
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Last time I heard anything, he still needs to get a fucking hair cut.

chop
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Last time I heard anything, he still needs to get a ****ing hair cut.

I think he is just waiting to see if Tom Brady grows his back out.

KurtCobain
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I am sure he looks like a majestic beast ready to make love to the game of American Football.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 11:50 AM
He probably looks like an inexperienced 5th round rookie qb getting his first reps of the season with the 1st team.

loochy
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Apparently he looks like this at practice:

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2011/12/14/23/12/16a7f5.St.81.jpg

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
No clue, but how sad are we that we are so excited about someone who has never played in a regular season game and looked good for what, a quarter of preseason football. We have been conditioned to except the likes of Bono,Grbac,Broken Crayon,Thigpen, and Palko. We suck, but with all said I can't wait to see what the kid has.

Guess I've had to much of this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_96Kvbam55yo/S7Sj34XuzBI/AAAAAAAAAGs/L-O6IX5CnvU/s1600/brainwash1255729846.gif

O.city
Apparently he didn't get hte memo that it was sweat pants day.

Sofa King

LMAO

Well played

O.city
If we think Pioli is a cocky smug dude now, imagine if Stanzi were the next Brady.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
He looks like a real AMERICAN FUCK YEA

Pawnmower
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I am sure he looks like a majestic beast ready to make love to the game of American Football.

I want to call your number and tell you how much this turned me on

DJ's left nut
12-15-2011, 11:56 AM
If we think Pioli is a cocky smug dude now, imagine if Stanzi were the next Brady.

If Stanzi is the next Brady, Pioli is welcome to come to my house and let me know that I'm training my dogs, wiping my ass and screwing my wife incorrectly.

Hell, I'd even let him show me how it's done at that point.

Be as arrogant as you want if you get me one of the top 15 QBs in NFL history with a 5th rounder, Scott.

God of Thunder
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM

tell me, which one of those 3 DOESN'T look happy to be there?

O.city
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
If Stanzi is the next Brady, Pioli is welcome to come to my house and let me know that I'm training my dogs, wiping my ass and screwing my wife incorrectly.

Hell, I'd even let him show me how it's done at that point.

Be as arrogant as you want if you get me one of the top 15 QBs in NFL history with a 5th rounder, Scott.

This is true.

However shit like that never works out for the Chiefs.

I like the idea of getting a guy late like that. Gives him drive that no one wanted him wants to prove people wrong. They also don't have the pressure of being the guy right away.

But there is a reason they are selected that late in the draft. Talent wins in the NFL.

We will see how it plays out.

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
They also wanted to bring Stanzi along slowly. I'm fine with that to.

At some point tho he's gotta get some experience. If he somehow turned out to be the guy, I dunno if the Iowa guys on this board would let some people around here live that shit down.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 12:03 PM

Palko -"I coulda been a contender..."

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
They also wanted to bring Stanzi along slowly. I'm fine with that to.

At some point tho he's gotta get some experience. If he somehow turned out to be the guy, I dunno if the Iowa guys on this board would let some people around here live that shit down.

I don't know, I just want the Chiefs to get a real QB. If it's Stanzi or anybody else, I really don't care.

Fritz88
12-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Any takes from Gretz?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 12:07 PM

yes, that would be just awful.

:spock:

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
This is true.

I like the idea of getting a guy late like that. Gives him drive that no one wanted him wants to prove people wrong. They also don't have the pressure of being the guy right away.

But there is a reason they are selected that late in the draft. Talent wins in the NFL. We will see how it plays out.

What was the reason Tom Brady went so late in the draft?

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 12:09 PM
why the hell are u guys hooked on stanzi,a 5th rd pick who was average at best at Iowa,lol,WAKE UP

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM

thin as a rail which teams were worried if he would be able to take a hit, poor mobility, and a weak to average arm at the time.

KCUnited
12-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Any takes from Gretz?
Posted via Mobile Device

A maple bar, a jelly filled, bear claw, an old fashion, and a blueberry cake.

SNR
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
why the hell are u guys hooked on stanzi,a 5th rd pick who was average at best at Iowa,lol,WAKE UPBecause fuck you

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
If I remember correctly, Brady didn't really have a gun when he came out.

Hell I see why Pioli drafted Stanzi. In his mind, him and Brady are very much alike. In his mind.

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 12:13 PM
For that matter Stanzi would not of even been picked if Pioli was not friends with FERENTZ

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Because **** you

Real mature comment kid,my god

Hydrae
12-15-2011, 12:17 PM
This is true.

But there is a reason they are selected that late in the draft. Talent wins in the NFL.

We will see how it plays out.

I know, right? I mean, what are the Texans thinking playing TJ Yates? Don't they know they have a chance to not only make the playoffs but to have a first round bye? Obviously they need to go get McNabb or something.

Ebolapox
12-15-2011, 12:18 PM
practice is closed to the public. HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW?

Okie_Apparition
12-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Is that a stack of dunce caps in the background
& did Palko just put one on top

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
why the hell are u guys hooked on stanzi,a 5th rd pick who was average at best at Iowa,lol,WAKE UP

Hello.
my name is TJ Yates.
i play for the Houston Texans.

mdchiefsfan
12-15-2011, 12:32 PM
thin as a rail which teams were worried if he would be able to take a hit, poor mobility, and a weak to average arm at the time.

Tom Brady Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Summary: Is not what you're looking for in terms of physical stature, strength, arm strength and mobility, but he has the intangibles and production and showed great Griese-like improvement as a senior. Could make it in the right system but will not be for everyone.

DaWolf
12-15-2011, 12:34 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U2YYrGrYynw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Chiefs are the only NFL team to not start a rookie QB in 32 years. How many retread regurgitated rehash QBs do you want to play before we give a rookie QB a shot to prove himself good or bad? At this point what difference does it make that Stanzi is fifth round QB that played for Iowa? I've seen how not good Orton has been in this league. There is no upside to his game what so ever that is going to get us a pass in the playoffs. Stanzi may or may not have it, but it's something Chiefs have not done since 1979. 40 years vacancy at Super Bowl. 18 years from last playoff win. We are not going get any closer to any thing with FUCKING OTHER TEAMS TRASH.

WTF is it going to hurt to give the kid a chance? What's the big deal to give a kid a shot that's our moment that starts the slow clap. We miss our moment that the Tomm Bradys are made. He may just fail IDK but damn if it aint worth the risk.

I've said it Chiefs and "TRUE" Chiefs fans just don't have the BALLS to play a rookie QB.

DaWolf
12-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Just for comparison I guess...

Positives: Stanzi has solid size as he is pretty tall at an official 6’4” even if he does look skinny on film. He has underrated mobility and can be really tough to sack when trying to arm tackle him. He is very evasive in the pocket and has an uncanny ability to dip his shoulder or spin away from tacklers trying to take him down in the backfield. Stanzi also has a very good feel for the pocket and while he took more sacks this year than I remember seeing him take his junior year that was usually caused (in my opinion at least) by his receivers struggling to create separation, particularly against man coverage. So instead of forcing passes downfield against good coverage constantly like he did as a junior he would hold onto the ball and take a sack, which is definitely better than risking a turnover. I was also impressed by Stanzi’s arm strength. I thought it was alright, but it is actually quite good and it allows him to make every NFL throw. He can also fit the ball into tight windows because he can put enough zip on it to get it to his receiver before the defenders near him can close. This makes Stanzi particularly effective in zone coverage because even if they read his eyes quickly enough and start to break on the ball he has the arm strength to get it to his receiver before they can shut the window, and I have seen him make throws like this many times. He is also surprisingly accurate. He doesn’t have amazing accuracy, but it is definitely good. He also throws a pretty good ball on the run, though he tends to miss high on the run I have noticed. His footwork is good and he has plenty of experience in a pro style offense because of his two years of starting experience at Iowa, he is very comfortable with play action fakes, reading plays from under center and he makes pre-snap adjustments regularly as well. I am also inclined to believe that Stanzi has good intangibles, is a good teammate and a good leader. He also has pretty good footwork and while his throwing motion isn’t the fastest it is definitely not slow, but could be tweaked a bit and made faster.

Negatives: First and foremost Stanzi struggles a lot with the deep ball. I have not been particularly impressed with him throwing the fade route or on deep balls in general. He improved his decision making dramatically from his Junior season but he will still force throws into good coverage (often double coverage) downfield and because he doesn’t have a rocket arm he often puts a lot of air under his throws. That gives the coverage even more time to adjust and break on the ball, leading to a lot of tipped balls and near interceptions. So while he has come a long way in the decision making department he still has some improvement to make, especially when it comes to taking shots downfield. Stanzi’s accuracy is good overall, but at times it can be inconsistent and he rarely places the ball well on deep throws. While I believe Stanzi has a good feel for the pocket and buys time very well in the pocket he took a lot of sacks this year (or at least it seemed that way) and I think that was because he had decided not to force as many throws into coverage so he wouldn’t be at risk for as many turnovers. That is good, and it shows maturity, but now the next step is continuing to check down (which he did very well as a senior) and finding ways to get the ball out quicker, or just throwing the ball away. I have rarely seen him throw the ball away but I think that with the progression he has shown he can absolutely learn to do it, especially if he gets a year or two to develop. I have also not seen Stanzi “throw” his receivers open and sometimes his anticipation on his throws leaves something to be desired. He could also use work on going through some of his progressions because at times he seems to know where he is going with the ball before it is snapped. That can be good on a quick throw but bad on plays that take longer to develop.

Overall: I like Stanzi a lot as a prospect, especially because this quarterback class is so weak. He may not have a rocket arm, but his short and intermediate passes have plenty of zip and he has good enough accuracy to challenge defenses on 15+ yard throws downfield with quality passes. He will struggle to truly stretch the field over the top though because he does not have an accurate deep ball and doesn’t have the requisite arm strength to lead his receivers beyond safety help. The only quality deep passes I have seen him throw were passes with little or no over the top safety help where he could float the ball and let his receiver run under it. But Stanzi worked very hard to improve as a Senior and it showed in his stats, and I think he has the potential to be a very effective leader in the NFL as he was at Iowa. I don’t think he will ever be a Pro-Bowler just because he doesn’t have an abundance of natural talent, but he will get the most out of his ability because of his work ethic and attitude. He will probably still make some bad decisions and bad throws on deep passes in the NFL, but he can definitely be a quality starter despite the occasional mistakes downfield. He has the arm strength to keep defenses honest so they can’t just take away the short routes that he throws well. Plus I think he has a good feel for the pocket and buys time without leaving the pocket quite well.

Projection: 3rd round. He is a bit underrated in my opinion but I would definitely pick him in the 3rd. Like I said, he probably won’t ever be a Pro-Bowler but I think you can win a Super Bowl with him, especially with his intangibles and work ethic.

SKILLS 1-poor, 2-weak, 3-above average, 4-very good, 5-elite

Arm Strength: 3.5
Accuracy: 3.5
Mobility: 3.0
Decision Making: 3.5
Mechanics: 3.5
Pocket Awareness: 4.0
Intangibles: 4.0

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/ricky-stanzi-qb-iowa-scouting-report/

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Just for comparison I guess...

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2011/03/03/ricky-stanzi-qb-iowa-scouting-report/

heh, the guy rating him thinks he doesn't have the ability to be a franchise guy but he rated Stanzi as a QB with no weaknesses.

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello.
my name is TJ Yates.
i play for the Houston Texans.

idiot that shows how little u know Yates was good at NC all u see is oh they both 5th rd picks,lmao/plus the acc plays a different brand of ball than the acc,yates ran a butch davis offense,stanzi ran an ultra conservative kirk ferenzt offense

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:54 PM
You can almost lay his scouting report on top of Brady's and it' matches up pretty well. Not saying at all that he would turn in to a Brady type player. Not saying there isn't a chance, but it's unlikely.

I'd like to see where he could develop tho.

SNR
12-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Real mature comment kid,my godKIDS THESE DAYS I TELL YA THEY HAVE NO MANNERS WHAT KIND OF FUTURE DOES OUR COUNTRY HAVE IN THE HANDS OF THESE RUDE FLIPPANT UNINTELLIGENT LAZY GOOD-FOR-NOTHINGS

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 12:56 PM
I don't know, I just want the Chiefs to get a real QB. If it's Stanzi or anybody else, I really don't care.

You have a lot of company.

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
If Stanzi works out, maybe Pioli knows more about finding diamonds in the rough than we thought.

I doubt it. He's more likely a boob.

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 12:58 PM

We gave up a first round pick for an 8th round pick in Trent Green.

We gave up a 2nd round pick for a guy that never started a game in college and undrafted free agent in Matt Cassel.

So why does it matter that Stanzi is a 5th round pick?

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
idiot that shows how little u know Yates was good at NC all u see is oh they both 5th rd picks,lmao/plus the acc plays a different brand of ball than the acc,yates ran a butch davis offense,stanzi ran an ultra conservative kirk ferenzt offense

Wow. Funny how you call somebody childish for insulting somebody and then you go on to call somebody an idiot. Also funny how you call somebody an idiot and then proceed to type a sentence with no period or form at all.

Could you explain how the ACC plays a different brand of ball than the ACC?

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
It says alot about our qb conundrum when our 5th round pick has more experience playing the position than our starter that we paid 60 million dollars.

The life of a Chiefs fan.

SNR
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM

We gave up a 2nd round pick for a guy that never started a game in college and undrafted free agent in Matt Cassel.

So why does it matter that Stanzi is a 5th round pick?So you're saying we gonna get paid for Stanzi?

SWEET!

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 01:01 PM

He commands a lot of respect up here in BIG10 country from fans of competitive teams.
Lots of them have raved about him to me. We may be disappointed, but there is nothing to lose at this point.
Now, the next question is, does this fan base have the patience for a rookie QB to develop?

SNR
12-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Eric007 has been due for a name change for quite some time now.

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 01:02 PM
:We gave up a first round pick for an 8th round pick in Trent Green.

:clap: congrats u make no sense

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 01:04 PM
It says alot about our qb conundrum when our 5th round pick has more experience playing the position than our starter that we paid 60 million dollars.

The life of a Chiefs fan.

Holy monkey nuts. I've never thought of that.

FML

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 01:05 PM

A change to "banned" i hope. He's done nothing but troll since he got here.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM

7th round /picking nits

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM

i'm just saying Stanzi is the best QB the Chiefs have and yeah Yates was a 5th Round pick as well as Stanzi.

Yates passed for three TD's last week with the Texans.

so dont be shocked if Stanzi passes for a couple TDs vs the Packers on Sunday.

whoman69
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM

I suggest monkey nuts

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 01:12 PM
and BTW eric, just because Stanzi didnt play for a bigtime passing attack coach at Iowa dont mean he cant.

WhiteWhale
12-15-2011, 01:13 PM

If Pioli were to land us that kind of QB with a 5th round pick he has every right to act like an asshole. I"ll gladly tolerate it while I revel in long term success.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Sutter Cane
12-15-2011, 01:15 PM

Stanzi did throw for 3000 yards his senior year if that means anything

Epic Fail 007

Hey,I am no troll like 80 percent of the idiots here,so shut it

KC Tattoo
7th round /picking nits

Ok, stand corrected. We gave up a 2nd round pick for a QB that never started a college game and was 7th round draft pick.

Yet, because Stanzi is drafted by us and is a 5th round pick he shouldn't get a chance. Fucking bull shit.

durtyrute
12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
I suggest monkey nuts

If that happens, I want my royalties.

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, stand corrected. We gave up a 2nd round pick for a QB that never started a college game and was 7th round draft pick.

Yet, because Stanzi is drafted by us and is a 5th round pick he shouldn't get a chance. ****ing bull shit.

If the Packers destroy KC in the first half, I could see Stanzi playing the second. I also think Stanzi plays week 17 if we lose the next two. Romeo wants to win and will try Orton, but hopefully he gets to the point where he puts Stanzi in when the win is gone or its just the final week of the season.

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Well said.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I hope well enough to play on Sunday...

Baby Lee
12-15-2011, 01:23 PM

There's a 20/20 chance that's not right.

lcarus
12-15-2011, 01:28 PM
So because Stanzi is a rookie 5th round pick from Iowa...we shouldn't be excited to see what he has? Oh no...instead let's play Kyle Orton...a 4th round pick from Purdue who has already shown he isn't that good. Great idea.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
So because Stanzi is a rookie 5th round pick from Iowa...we shouldn't be excited to see what he has? Oh no...instead let's play Kyle Orton...a 4th round pick from Purdue who has already shown he isn't that good. Great idea.

:clap:

Bravo!!!!

SNR
12-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Hey,I am no troll like 80 percent of the idiots here,so shut itwtf,is rong w u?R u ritrded

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey,I am no troll like 80 percent of the idiots here,so shut it

Yes. You are.

You always say the opposite of what the majority says, just to piss them off. That is trolling.

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 01:40 PM
wtf,is rong w u?R u ritrded

hey kid can you spell?:)

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
hey kid can you spell?:)

Can you pick up on jokes?

rico
12-15-2011, 01:41 PM
So this guy who wrote the evaluation on Stanzi thinks that Stanzi doesn't have the potential to be an All-Pro QB, but you can win a Super Bowl with him??? How does that make any sense. Is he predicted to be the next Trent Dilfer?

Setsuna
12-15-2011, 01:42 PM

I can attest to this. He/She/It has done nothing but troll and doesn't know when to stop trolling once he/she/it gets started. Don't feed him/her/it please. His/Her/Its 300 odd posts will make you puke.

lcarus
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Everyone keeps going on about Stanzi being a 5th round pick, therefore who should care because he has a low chance of success based on where he was drafted. Well let's take a look at what we have this year.

Matt Cassel - 7th round
Tyler Palko - Undrafted
Kyle Orton - 4th round
Ricky Stanzi - 5th round

Before we had Orton, Stanzi was the highest drafted player on our roster for gods sake. The difference between Orton and Stanzi is minimal when it comes to draft position. Only Orton sucks and on top of it, probably doesn't want to be here.

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes. You are.

You always say the opposite of what the majority says, just to piss them off. That is trolling.

its called having an opinion u idiot this is not a fuckin dictatorship

mdchiefsfan
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes. You are.

Why bother?

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Yes. You are.

Also the term troll as its used on the net these days is just stupid,a term most likely created by some A.D.D stupid ****in kid who cannot the time to read a book or who will not want to take the time to tie his shoes,so he has his mommy go to payless and buy him some velcro shoes,I think thats you

FAX
12-15-2011, 01:58 PM
Everyone keeps going on about Stanzi being a 5th round pick, therefore who should care because he has a low chance of success based on where he was drafted. Well let's take a look at what we have this year.

Matt Cassel - 7th round
Tyler Palko - Undrafted
Kyle Orton - 4th round
Ricky Stanzi - 5th round

Before we had Orton, Stanzi was the highest drafted player on our roster for gods sake. The difference between Orton and Stanzi is minimal when it comes to draft position. Only Orton sucks and on top of it, probably doesn't want to be here.

Stop making sense.

This will be your last warning.

FAX

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Why bother?

See how pissed off he got?

I just trolled the troll and won.

BossChief
12-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Exactly.

What some of these guys miss is that most of us that really like Stanzi, also want us to draft a first round quarterback.

Myself included.

For those that say "The Iowa fans on here wont let anybody live it down if the succeeds"....well, I think its exactly the opposite. If he succeeds we will betoo happy talking about how the team finally has a chance in this whole thing...I would also like to add that the "Stanzi Haters" will never let us Iowa guys live it down if the kid fails.

You know something?

No, of course you dont so Im gonna go ahead and tell you.

Did Stanzi play in an ultra conservative offense?

YES

Did Stanzi put up better passing numbers in that offense than most quarterbacks do in a pass heavy scheme (like Mizzou)

YES

Stanzi played in a "old school, run first play solid defense control the clock" offense and....

3004 yards passing
64% completion
8.7 per attempt
25 touchdowns
4 picks

Those are fucking outstanding numbers given his situation.

BossChief
12-15-2011, 02:08 PM

Matt Cassel - 7th round
Tyler Palko - Undrafted
Kyle Orton - 4th round
Ricky Stanzi - 5th round

It gets worse the further back you go when it comes to our history of starting quarterbacks.

Trent Green was picked in the 8th round
Steve Bono was a 6th rounder
Grbac was an 8th rounder
Thigpen was a 7th rounder

Its pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

SNR
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Also the term troll as its used on the net these days is just stupid,a term most likely created by some A.D.D stupid ****in kid who cannot the time to read a book or who will not want to take the time to tie his shoes,so he has his mommy go to payless and buy him some velcro shoes,I think thats youJesus fuck.

SPEAK ENGLISH OR KILL YOURSELF, PLEASE

KC Tattoo
12-15-2011, 02:31 PM
:

:clap: congrats u make no sense

Trolls don't get common sense. Understand?

Epic Fail 007
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Exactly.

What some of these guys miss is that most of us that really like Stanzi, also want us to draft a first round quarterback.

Myself included.

For those that say "The Iowa fans on here wont let anybody live it down if the succeeds"....well, I think its exactly the opposite. If he succeeds we will betoo happy talking about how the team finally has a chance in this whole thing...I would also like to add that the "Stanzi Haters" will never let us Iowa guys live it down if the kid fails.

You know something?

No, of course you dont so Im gonna go ahead and tell you.

Did Stanzi play in an ultra conservative offense?

YES

Did Stanzi put up better passing numbers in that offense than most quarterbacks do in a pass heavy scheme (like Mizzou)

YES

Stanzi played in a "old school, run first play solid defense control the clock" offense and....

3004 yards passing
64% completion
8.7 per attempt
25 touchdowns
4 picks

Those are ****ing outstanding numbers given his situation. ok that fine,but im sorry we only picked him because he was a friend of a friend,friends

mikey23545
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Jesus ****.

SPEAK ENGLISH OR KILL YOURSELF, PLEASE

FYP.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 02:39 PM
Stanzi did throw for 3000 yards his senior year if that means anything

3004 yards on 345 attempts or 8.7 yards per attempt (not to mention a 64% completion percentage).

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
ok that fine,but im sorry we only picked him because he was a friend of a friend,friends

No, we picked him because he was a solid QB prospect according to pretty much every scouting website out there.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I suggest monkey nuts

After his/her last few posts, I'm going with "Retarded monkey banging on a keyboard".

Yours works, too, though.

Dicky McElephant
12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Also the term troll as its used on the net these days is just stupid,a term most likely created by some A.D.D stupid ****in kid who cannot the time to read a book or who will not want to take the time to tie his shoes,so he has his mommy go to payless and buy him some velcro shoes,I think thats you

I think your "brain" is on the fritz. You're leaving out random words.

FAX
12-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Wow.

There are a lot of good points in this thread deal. A lot.

When you objectively and simply look at the numbers and the relative draft positions and the schemes these guys have played in during their careers, it makes no sense why we're not playing Stanzi.

There is something amiss here, fellas. It's almost as though someone high up in the organization desperately wants Cassel to succeed. As if there is someone behind the scenes with sufficient power to pull the strings necessary to prevent true competition at the quarterback position. As though there were someone operating in secret whose agenda is to start Cassel at all costs.

FAX

lcarus
12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
It gets worse the further back you go when it comes to our history of starting quarterbacks.

Trent Green was picked in the 8th round
Steve Bono was a 6th rounder
Grbac was an 8th rounder
Thigpen was a 7th rounder

Its pretty embarrassing, if you ask me.

It is, and don't forget Brodie Croyle was a 3rd round pick, and we all know how that worked out. People just need to realize that draft position isn't really a big deal.

PS - Damon Huard was also undrafted, for whatever the hell that is worth. Brodie Croyle is the highest drafted QB we've started in the last god knows how many years. Joe Montana was selected 82nd in his draft, while Croyle was picked 85th. Draft order is pretty worthless when you look at QBs in the league, past or present.

SNR
12-15-2011, 03:05 PM
eric007 hard at work on one of his brilliant, fascinating posts:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/kurisuten/chiiiiiiiiii.gif

tk13
12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
In the long range view, there's absolutely nothing to say Stanzi can't be successful as a 5th round pick. Plenty of guys have had success from that position.

The real flaw with many of those arguments is that almost none of those late round success stories played as a rookie. Many of them sat multiple years before playing. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but that's subjective.

lcarus
12-15-2011, 03:23 PM
In the long range view, there's absolutely nothing to say Stanzi can't be successful as a 5th round pick. Plenty of guys have had success from that position.

The real flaw with many of those arguments is that almost none of those late round success stories played as a rookie. Many of them sat multiple years before playing. Maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but that's subjective.

The other real flaw is that none of the other late round success stories were drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs. Our fans are just prepared for failure before they even know what we might have. Based on our history, I can understand that to a degree. The fanbase is just really really jaded right now.

mdchiefsfan
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
See how pissed off he got?

I just trolled the troll and won.

Your trolling knows no bounds, sir. Well played :clap:

Hydrae
12-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow.

There are a lot of good points in this thread deal. A lot.

When you objectively and simply look at the numbers and the relative draft positions and the schemes these guys have played in during their careers, it makes no sense why we're not playing Stanzi.

There is something amiss here, fellas. It's almost as though someone high up in the organization desperately wants Cassel to succeed. As if there is someone behind the scenes with sufficient power to pull the strings necessary to prevent true competition at the quarterback position. As though there were someone operating in secret whose agenda is to start Cassel at all costs.

FAX

The Wizard of Oz? Oh crap, this is Kansas isn't it? ;)

mdchiefsfan
12-15-2011, 03:27 PM
eric007 hard at work on one of his brilliant, fascinating posts:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/kurisuten/chiiiiiiiiii.gif

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/commercials/2010/3/monster-com-boogeyman.jpg