View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs hire Bill Chaplin

Von Dumbass
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Chiefs hire Bill Chapin as senior vice president of business operations

https://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/status/147422552535478273

Thread worthy?

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Younger executive who is from the west coast. Has experience with AEG and the Seahawks if I remember right.

chefsos
12-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Younger executive who is from the west coast. Has experience with AEG and the Seahawks if I remember right.You knew that off the top of your head?

DaWolf
12-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Marketing guy. Reports to Donovan...
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-NAME-BILL-CHAPIN-SENIOR-VICE-PRESIDENT-OF-BUSINESS-OPERATIONS/ddc7cad8-1251-492b-b269-beab2b347548
http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/club-images/articles/12-december/bill.jpg

jd1020
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM

He's going to love marketing McDaniels and Cassel.

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-NAME-BILL-CHAPIN-SENIOR-VICE-PRESIDENT-OF-BUSINESS-OPERATIONS/ddc7cad8-1251-492b-b269-beab2b347548

Sounds like we just hired Winston Wolf to do some cleaning...

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Everyone on the Planet needs to send the guy an email saying that if KC drafts RGIII you pledge to (a) buy season tickets, (b) buy an RGIII jersey for every person in your family, (c) will buy RGIII bobble-heads for all co-workers.

Luke
12-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I think even hiring the Pope will not help.

OnTheWarpath58
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Everyone on the Planet needs to send the guy an email saying that if KC drafts RGIII you pledge to (a) buy season tickets, (b) buy an RGIII jersey for every person in your family, (c) will buy RGIII bobble-heads for all co-workers.

If they drafted Luck, Barkley or RGIII - and I knew they were going to play them from Day One - I'd absolutely buy season tickets again.

Hell, they've been begging me for the last 4 years to re-instate my account, offering to keep my seniority, etc.

Give me a reason, Clark.

HemiEd
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

yeah, but Tebow is in first place and it is a copy cat league.

Sofa King
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM

We already hired Leonard Pope and he doesn't do shit.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2011, 03:26 PM
You knew that off the top of your head?

I just remembered the name when I was looking for jobs out of college. The Seahawks had an opening back then.

htismaqe
12-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Yes.

Discuss Thrower
12-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Younger executive who is from the west coast. Has experience with AEG and the Seahawks if I remember right.

they're gonna move the team. #uhoh

Mr_Tomahawk
12-15-2011, 03:29 PM

I've posted it once before, but...

ipetitions.com

chefsos
12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
I just remembered the name when I was looking for jobs out of college. The Seahawks had an opening back then.Pretty impressive nonetheless. Looks like they have another opening now, too...

jd1020
12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
I've posted it once before, but...

ipetitions.com

It was just as meaningless the first time.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Pretty impressive nonetheless. Looks like they have another opening now, too...

Screw sports marketing/advertising. I make way more now and have lot less stress. Still it was cool degree to do in college. :)

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
meh ... business operations

don't really care about anything that's not going on with football operations

Dayze
12-15-2011, 03:36 PM

From the 50...anything is possible.

Pitt Gorilla
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
The keyboardist for Chicago? What, was Jason Scheff busy?

Buehler445
12-15-2011, 03:44 PM

I am too far away for season tickets, but I most likely would do B and C.

gblowfish
12-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Just what we needed. Another suit. Great.

ILChief
12-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Can he play quarterback?

FAX
12-15-2011, 03:56 PM
How does he feel about the predatory Skua killing all those poor, Norwegian Puffins?

FAX

DRU
12-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Sounds like we just hired Winston Wolf to do some cleaning...

Let's hope he's as efficient.

BossChief
12-15-2011, 05:00 PM
If we EVER needed to use the power of CP for something constructive...SEND THOSE MFin EMAILS, PLAYAS.

Valiant
12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
This is a great hire.. Chiefs needed to hire a chaplin for a while.. They are the walking dead out there.. ima right?? guys?? guys??

Earthling
12-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Looks like he has no unexplained facial hair. Hell, give him a shot I guess.

The Iron Chief
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I think he should get a CHIEFS Tattoo on that Billboard spot between his hairline and eyes.
This will prove his commitment to the Fans!

Extra Point
12-15-2011, 05:27 PM
From the 50...anything is possible.

The guy looks like he's finished the chorus of "Once in a Dream."

listopencil
12-15-2011, 07:07 PM
I'll drop this off in here in case it hasn't been posted yet:

McDaniels is front-runner for Chiefs' job

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/29495

Posted Dec. 15, 2011 @ 4:10 p.m. ET
By Eli Kaberon

When it came down to it, Todd Haley wasn't fired as the Chiefs' head coach because of wins and losses. In fact, given the lack of talent at the start of his tenure and the injuries this season, a career 19-25 record isn't too bad. However it was the former coach's approach, which often was confrontational and difficult for players and fellow members of the organization to deal with, that resulted in his dismissal.

In Haley's place, GM Scott Pioli will look for a coach who will do things his way. We hear that makes current Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels the front-runner for the head-coaching job. A former assistant under Bill Belichick, McDaniels knows Pioli well and would run the club in the manner the front office would prefer. Additionally, the coach is familiar with Chiefs QB Matt Cassel from his time in New England and would be able to "maximize the QBs talents," according to a source with knowledge of the coaching search.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I'll drop this off in here in case it hasn't been posted yet:

McDaniels is front-runner for Chiefs' job

http://www.profootballweekly.com/story/permalink/29495

Posted Dec. 15, 2011 @ 4:10 p.m. ET
By Eli Kaberon

When it came down to it, Todd Haley wasn't fired as the Chiefs' head coach because of wins and losses. In fact, given the lack of talent at the start of his tenure and the injuries this season, a career 19-25 record isn't too bad. However it was the former coach's approach, which often was confrontational and difficult for players and fellow members of the organization to deal with, that resulted in his dismissal.

In Haley's place, GM Scott Pioli will look for a coach who will do things his way. We hear that makes current Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels the front-runner for the head-coaching job. A former assistant under Bill Belichick, McDaniels knows Pioli well and would run the club in the manner the front office would prefer. Additionally, the coach is familiar with Chiefs QB Matt Cassel from his time in New England and would be able to "maximize the QBs talents," according to a source with knowledge of the coaching search.

There's no way the Chiefs hire McDaniels. It doesn't matter anyway. With a GM that is this much of a control freak and possesses this much of an ego, we aren't winning shit until he's gone.

listopencil
12-15-2011, 07:29 PM
There's no way the Chiefs hire McDaniels. It doesn't matter anyway. With a GM that is this much of a control freak and possesses this much of an ego, we aren't winning shit until he's gone.

It is PFW, and I don't put much stock in what they say, but I saw the link from IAOFM! and it wasn't worthy of its own thread.

Mr. Laz
12-15-2011, 08:45 PM

:facepalm:

NJChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Anybody that finds his email or wants to do some form of petition, I am down to help out. I usually don't care for those things and I figure it won't do a thing, but I am willing to try if for no other reason than to get my hatred of this situation put into something, anything, else.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-15-2011, 08:58 PM
:facepalm:

You think otherwise?

DuhChiefs
12-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Sell more Succop jerseys!

prhom
12-15-2011, 09:54 PM
If they drafted Luck, Barkley or RGIII - and I knew they were going to play them from Day One - I'd absolutely buy season tickets again.

Hell, they've been begging me for the last 4 years to re-instate my account, offering to keep my seniority, etc.

Give me a reason, Clark.

Hell, I'll buy season tickets and drive to KC for home games if I know there's a decent chance we're not going to lose by three tds.

bevischief
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Can he play RT?