PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Karen Kornacki: Queen of the Sports Fluff Story

gblowfish
12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
She's the one that was so worried about Todd getting whacked two weeks before Christmas. What on earth will happen to his wife and five children???

Kornacki follow up with this fluffball right afterwards:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/29999457/detail.html

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Two days after losing his job as the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, Todd Haley went with his wife to help out a Kansas City area family.

They took part in a project that started a month ago, doing some last-minute work at a house in the area.

Haley said he was unable to discuss the details of his firing from the Chiefs at this time. His wife said the whole family has been overwhelmed with the outpouring of support they have received.

Chrissy Haley said she and her husband have been involved in this particular charity project for the past couple of months. The family that will benefit from their efforts will get the result of their work on Thursday.

She said the past few days have been tough for the family.

"My main concern was the kids, that first day, and I went to their school and talked to the principals and called them into the office and talked to them," she said. "It was hard, but the kids have been hugely supportive and giving him hugs and the teachers are aware of the situation because kids can be mean and people can be mean in general."

Chrissy Haley said there's been an outpouring of support from all sides of the community.

"I told Todd the other day, I said, 'I'm crying, not because I'm sad, but because of how much love we're getting from friends and family and people I haven't heard from,'" she said. "It's been really a very good faith."

Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29999457/detail.html#ixzz1gk0tmlUq

Dragonocho
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't see an issue with this as a feel good news story.

Deberg_1990
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Tis the season for the warm and fuzzy fluff stories
Posted via Mobile Device

DaWolf
12-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Good for Todd. As a guy, I like him and wish him the best. As a coach who got blown out over the last three years more than anyone I can remember, not so much...

chiefqueen
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
The one kid this will be hardest one IMO would be his oldest daughter b/c I think she is a high school senior this year, if she did not have enough credits to graduate now then the family has a big decision to make...especially if she is trying to get into some of the more pretigous universities (Yale, Harvard, DooooooooK, etc.)

I don't blame them if they want to get out of the metro as fast as they can.

I'm not concerned about the $$$$$$$ b/c NFL coaches contracts are guaranteed, the Chiefs have to pay Haley through next year unless he finds an NFL caoching job paying equal or above what the Chiefs were paying.

stonedstooge
12-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Todd will be ready for Looney Tunes within a few years. 4 girls and his wife in the home? Damn, one girl and a wife about put me down for the count

chiefqueen
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Todd will be ready for Looney Tunes within a few years. 4 girls and his wife in the home? Damn, one girl and a wife about put me down for the count

The story did not show their 5th child, a son, who is not grade school yet.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
If one coaches' kid is in a school, I'd imagine others are too