PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Muir headed back upstairs to call plays

Mr. Laz
12-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Muir headed upstairs to call plays

Offensive coordinator Bill Muir will call the plays on Sunday from the press box rather than from the sideline, where heís been stationed the past four games.

''He has better vision when heís upstairs,'' coach Romeo Crennel said. ''You can see more things. What Iíve found is when youíre on the sideline, you get a pulse of the team. You find out how theyíre feeling and how theyíre reacting when you can look into a guyís eye.

''But from an ability to see the game, itís a limited view that you have of the field and whatís happening. Bill wants a better view.''

Quarterback coach Jim Zorn will relay the play calls to Orton on the field.
Otherwise, the week was a different experience for Muir. For 13 games he designed the game plan with considerable input from Todd Haley, fired as head coach earlier in the week.

Crennel, also the defensive coordinator, had only a few words of advice for Muir.

''All defensive coaches have perspectives,'' Muir said. ''Basically what he said was . . . donít do a lot of razzle-dazzle stuff. Letís be meat and potatoes.''

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 05:17 PM
As long as Zorn covers his mouth when calling plays
Something Haley would not always do

FAX
12-16-2011, 05:18 PM
ROFL

No "razzle-dazzle", huh?

So, the forward pass is out?

FAX

kstater
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
This is gonna be embarrassing.

Dragonocho
12-16-2011, 05:22 PM
He naps better in the booth.

Okie_Apparition
12-16-2011, 05:22 PM
The sawing wood play is going to be run to death

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
RRRP

kstater
12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
I shudder to think what this offense looks like going conservative relative to what it is now.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:26 PM
Thomas Jones runs up middle for 2 yards
Jackie Battle run left guard for 3 yards
McCluster sprint draw right for -2 yards

Aaron Rodgers passes 68 yards for TD
Extra Point is good

jspchief
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
This is gonna be embarrassing.

Yep. I have zero confidence in Muir's ability to call a complete game.

stonedstooge
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Running that complicated equipment must have finally got the best of him

BossChief
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
It will be a little interesting to see how the game is called without Haley here anymore.

Will we see more of the WTF calls, or less of them?

Will Dexter McCluster be running between the tackles 2 plays prior to Battle or Jones running a toss to the perimeter?

My money is on us having the most craptastic playcalling in the NFL the last 3 games...but Im obviously a guy that was a big fan of Todd Haleys.

Red Brooklyn
12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Thomas Jones runs up middle for 2 yards
Jackie Battle run left guard for 3 yards
McCluster sprint draw right for -2 yards

Aaron Rodgers passes 68 yards for TD
Extra Point is good

Come on, now...

McCluster has much better YPC than Jones!

Bane
12-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow...So it'll only be 45-0 at the half.Awesome!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
If Orton is significantly dinged, this has a chance to be the most inept game in Chiefs history.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:41 PM
It will be a little interesting to see how the game is called without Haley here anymore.

Will we see more of the WTF calls, or less of them?

Will Dexter McCluster be running between the tackles 2 plays prior to Battle or Jones running a toss to the perimeter?

My money is on us having the most craptastic playcalling in the NFL the last 3 games...but Im obviously a guy that was a big fan of Todd Haleys.

The team has barely averaged a TD a game over the last 5. It certainly can't get any worse than that in the NFL.

kstater
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
The team has barely averaged a TD a game over the last 5. It certainly can't get any worse than that in the NFL.

You have waaaay more hope than I do.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:45 PM
You have waaaay more hope than I do.

Unless they score negative points, they match or exceed the ineptitude of a Haley/Falco offense.

Shogun
12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
MOOSE EARS

Bane
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Over/under on passing yards?

Anyone?

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Priest's homemade Nacho flavored Oatmeal is just what Muir needs to gameplan this team to points a plenty.

kstater
12-16-2011, 05:50 PM

Anyone?

How long will Rodgers stay in?

Frosty
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Well, in a little bit, I'll be headed back upstairs to take a dump.

Same results.

Shogun
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM

Anyone?

over 300, were gonna play a lot of catch up when packers go prevent

Bane
12-16-2011, 05:52 PM

He won't be needed after the half I'm guessing.

over 300, were gonna play a lot of catch up when packers go prevent

Shit.......LMAO

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Well this should make a huge difference....or none at all.

cabletech94
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Career day for bowe. Mark it down.

TRR
12-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Re-watching the Ari-Pitt SB, the playcalling in the first 2.5 quarters was like watching a recent Chiefs game....Awful. There was little creativity, no risks for the most part taken, and a lot of short dump-offs and checkdowns called...finally Haley deciced to open it up and it almost paid off.

I came away from that SB saying "if only he would have played to win earlier rather than not to lose....Arizone may have a SB."
Posted via Mobile Device

trndobrd
12-16-2011, 06:02 PM

"Quarterback coach Jim Zorn will relay the play calls to Orton on the field."

Code for "Muir's headset will be plugged into a Speak-N-Spell and Jim Zorn will be calling the plays"

Smed1065
12-16-2011, 06:04 PM
What is funny. Muir was a Todd choice? Was a puppet. I hope he kicks ass calling plays just for the fuck of it.

Guess I get confused on CP.

kstater
12-16-2011, 06:05 PM
He won't be needed after the half I'm guessing.

Oh, then 375.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2011, 06:44 PM

I am in the playoffs. He needs to stay in the whole game.

Chief Roundup
12-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Re-watching the Ari-Pitt SB, the playcalling in the first 2.5 quarters was like watching a recent Chiefs game....Awful. There was little creativity, no risks for the most part taken, and a lot of short dump-offs and checkdowns called...finally Haley deciced to open it up and it almost paid off.

I came away from that SB saying "if only he would have played to win earlier rather than not to lose....Arizone may have a SB."
Posted via Mobile Device

Cardinals win that if Harrison doesn't get that pick 6.

TEX
12-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Offensive coordinator Bill Muir will call the plays on Sunday from the press box rather than from the sideline, where heís been stationed the past four games.

''He has better vision when heís upstairs,'' coach Romeo Crennel said. ''You can see more things. What Iíve found is when youíre on the sideline, you get a pulse of the team. You find out how theyíre feeling and how theyíre reacting when you can look into a guyís eye.

''But from an ability to see the game, itís a limited view that you have of the field and whatís happening. Bill wants a better view.''

Quarterback coach Jim Zorn will relay the play calls to Orton on the field.
Otherwise, the week was a different experience for Muir. For 13 games he designed the game plan with considerable input from Todd Haley, fired as head coach earlier in the week.

Crennel, also the defensive coordinator, had only a few words of advice for Muir.

''All defensive coaches have perspectives,'' Muir said. ''Basically what he said was . . . donít do a lot of razzle-dazzle stuff. Letís be meat and potatoes.''

What a LOST season...

Superturtle
12-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Why cant Zorn be the OC? Anything better than Muir.

mlyonsd
12-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Crennel would have had my support for HC if the first words he would have uttered at his first press conference were "I have decided to fire Bill Muir."

mcaj22
12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Crennel would have had my support for HC if the first words he would have uttered at his first press conference were "I have decided to fire Bill Muir."

lol seriously. I'm surprised Haley's boys Muir and Zorn still have jobs.

I expect as soon as that buzzer hits week 17 on the last Chiefs game of the season that Muir and Zorn are gone. Should be at least.

Smed1065
12-16-2011, 09:05 PM

I expect as soon as that buzzer hits week 17 on the last Chiefs game of the season that Muir and Zorn are gone. Should be at least.

Me too because I like Zorn.

mlyonsd
12-16-2011, 09:28 PM

I expect as soon as that buzzer hits week 17 on the last Chiefs game of the season that Muir and Zorn are gone. Should be at least.On the offense side I think one coach to consider keeping is Zorn. I'd love to see a guy like Stanzi play under his coaching. Zorn isn't stupid and Stanzi on the outside seems like he wants to learn.

FAX
12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
On the offense side I think one coach to consider keeping is Zorn. I'd love to see a guy like Stanzi play under his coaching. Zorn isn't stupid and Stanzi on the outside seems like he wants to learn.

Zorn could be an excellent QB coach, in my opinion.

That, I believe, is about as far up the ladder as he needs to be, though.

FAX

trndobrd
12-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Zorn could be an excellent QB coach, in my opinion.

That, I believe, is about as far up the ladder as he needs to be, though.

FAX

With a name like Zorn he is also qualified to be the evil ruler of something. Although I too would prefer he not be The Mighty Zorn, Evil Overlord of the Chiefs Offense.

Chiefnj2
12-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Sadly, Zorn is still probably the best QB on KC's sideline all season.

It'll be interesting to see if Muir and Zorn can get the plays in on time without Haley.

FAX
12-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Sadly, Zorn is still probably the best QB on KC's sideline all season.

It'll be interesting to see if Muir and Zorn can get the plays in on time without Haley.

ROFL

I know. I was thinking the same thing. I'll be looking for that, as well.

Not that it matters, really. This is going to be like the Romans vs. The Jews. The Packers are going to burn Arrowhead to the ground.

FAX

Psyko Tek
12-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep. I have zero confidence in Muir's ability to call a completeseries.

FYP

Psyko Tek
12-16-2011, 10:22 PM
If Orton is significantly dinged, this has a chance to be the most inept game in Chiefs history.

that is gonna be hard to do

Fritz88
12-16-2011, 10:23 PM
No more Thomas Jones.
Posted via Mobile Device

chefsos
12-16-2011, 10:35 PM

I think the decision send him upstairs now is a very positive thing, because he will probably make it there by gametime.

tmax63
12-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I would like to see Zorn calling plays for the last 3 games. He played and has coached and has some experience. I would like to see how he performs as an OC. He might be a pretty good one if given the opportunity. Otherwise the entire Offensive coaching staff needs to go. They have been, in a word, OFFENSIVE.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2011, 07:31 AM
All this means is we lose 35 to 10 instead of 35 to 3.

DeezNutz
12-17-2011, 07:34 AM
All this means is we lose 35 to 10 instead of 35 to 3.

You have far more faith in Muir's offensive chops than I do. I don't think it would make a difference from Muir's perspective if GB's defensive calls were piped into his headset.

mlyonsd
12-17-2011, 07:39 AM
You have far more faith in Muir's offensive chops than I do. I don't think it would make a difference from Muir's perspective if GB's defensive calls were piped into his headset.Wilson could coach GB's defense with Muir running our offense.

BoneKrusher
12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Calling plays from upstairs again after it worked so well before?
Muir Kidding?

trndobrd
12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
As unlikely as it would be, it would be a riot to see Muir open up the playbook, feed the ball to Jackie Battle 23 times, run plays that utilize the ability of the offensive line to work in space, throw on first down, get the ball to McCluster is space instead of between the tackles, use the full back, throw down field.

Most of all, I would like to see a game plan based on a developed series of plays designed to set up other plays, rather than the 'run,run,incomplete,punt' Herm ball playbook.

gblowfish
12-17-2011, 08:38 AM

Boy, that's hard to say after last week's game. Orton has GOT to be more competent than Palko. If not, bring on Stanzi. If not, bring on the Wildcat.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Falco will make Orton look like Dan Marino out there.

boogblaster
12-17-2011, 09:57 AM
oh boy ......

Mr. Laz
12-17-2011, 12:39 PM
because you can't just change an offense in midseason.

Crennel's hands are pretty much tied into the current scheme etc. All the screwed up shit really happened when the offense was installed and taught during the offseason/preseason etc.

The playcalling may change some but the offense is still Haley's for the rest of this season.

JCharles1981
12-18-2011, 01:58 AM

Seeing this comment followed by a reply from the user that has a seemingly Todd Haley snoring on the sidelines made me ROFL hard!

KCtotheSB
12-18-2011, 01:59 AM

Exactly what I was going to say before entering the topic. LMAO

Caseyguyrr
12-18-2011, 05:18 AM
its pretty sad when run, run, pass, punt is a more exciting offense than what we're putting on the field these days

BoneKrusher
12-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Career day for bowe. Mark it down.

i agree.

milkman
12-18-2011, 08:21 AM
because you can't just change an offense in midseason.

Someone send a memo to John Fox.

notorious
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Muir is the pile of shit in the room that nobody wanted to talk about.

It would be amazing if the offense opened up and started to play well with Orton and the subtraction of Haley.

milkman
12-18-2011, 08:25 AM

It would be amazing if the offense opened up and started to play well with Orton and the subtraction of Cassel/Palko.

FYP

BoneKrusher
12-18-2011, 08:25 AM

It would be amazing if the offense opened up and started to play well with Orton and the subtraction of Haley.

yeah this would be sweet.

Extra Point
12-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Advantages:

No headset to adjust

AC works better for shock collars: no battery to carry, and an outlet is just a few feet away.