PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Good bye Cassel

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2011, 02:04 PM
That is all. Evidence has been evaluated.

baitism
12-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Pretty sure everyone but Pioli knew this.

BigRichard
12-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope this seals his fate. God I hope so.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
This has to seal his fate. Watch this offense with Orton, even with the injuries, and then watch it with Casshole.

It's not even close.

banyon
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Wish I had seen the game, but the outcome should persuade everyone.

Haley and Cassel blew.

Zeke
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
Watching Orton out there better have opened Pioli's eyes. goddamn better have.

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-18-2011, 02:13 PM
http://cdn.stripersonline.com/3/32/3211d7d5_WellBye.jpeg

Have fun with all that money Mr Hunt gave you

BossChief
12-18-2011, 02:13 PM
this has to signal the end of the Cassel era.

If it doesnt, the fans will ALL turn on Pioli.

stonedstooge
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Casshole now becomes a possible cancer in the locker room. Time for him to go

O.city
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Start Orton, groom Stanzi/Jones/whoever. See what happens.

tecumseh
12-18-2011, 02:16 PM
The offense top to bottom, Oline, receivers, backfield, played like the ball and chain were loosed. Thank you, Romeo. Congrats, Boilermaker Kyle Orton!

johnny961
12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
I haven't seen our offense click like this in a long time.

Royal Fanatic
12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Hopefully Orton comes back. He is a free agent, you know.

Fritz88
12-18-2011, 02:18 PM
this has to signal the end of the Cassel era.

If it doesnt, the fans will ALL turn on Pioli.

I am very sure there are many retarded fucktards, including FO personal, who think that it was a coaching change that Cassel needs to win games for us.

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 02:19 PM
It truly is amazing the difference even just a competent qb can make on a team, i'm still full on getting a young star in the making... but damn, Orton had us looking like an NFL offense.

The starting job for the Tuscaloosa Hillbillys awaits you Matt Cassel.

milkman
12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I have little to no faith in Pioli.

He will see this as an indictment of Haley and try to tell us that Cassel deserves a chance with a different staff.

We'll be lkocked onto crap for two more years.

Lonewolf Ed
12-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I took the time to watch Orton and noticed how he actually had the patience to let the receivers, and not just the primary receiver, run routes and try to get open. That is a major difference between Orton's play and Cassel's.

milkman
It truly is amazing the difference even just a competent qb can make on a team, i'm still full on getting a young star in the making... but damn, Orton had us looking like an NFL offense.

The starting job for the Tuscaloosa Hillbillys awaits you Matt Cassel.

The really sad thing is that Orton is nothing more than a mediocre QB.

Graystoke
Bye
All in!

cdcox
12-18-2011, 02:23 PM

He will see this as an indictment of Haley and try to tell us that Cassel deserves a chance with a different staff.

I'm hoping Orton plays well enough the last two weeks to make it impossible to let him go. I don't think Cassel can beat out Orton and Cassel is finally too old to be considered a developmental prospect.

milkman
12-18-2011, 02:24 PM
The thing is, even with just a mediocre QB, we got a chance to see how much better this maligned O-Line is with a QB that isn't pure unadulterated shit.

Still needs upgrades, but they gave Orton all day, and opened holes for the RBs.

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 02:25 PM

Its true, he's not a 'put the team on your shoulders' guy... but i can atleast live with him until the future is found & then keep him as a solid #2.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Orton 23-31 299 yards.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Has Cassel ever beat a team with a winning record as the starter here?

Okie_Apparition
12-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Cassel makes daughters while Orton defeats Aaron ROdgers

FringeNC
12-18-2011, 02:27 PM

If Orton plays well the next two games, I don't think Clark Hunt will allow him to decimate season ticket renewals like that.

Fritz88
12-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Has Cassel ever beat a team with a winning record as the starter here?

He has not won a game that didn't include

1) The other team missing key starters. OR
2) The other team getting an injury to a key player during the game OR
3) The other team's QB making a dumb mistake such as the Phillis Phumble.

Psyko Tek
12-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Great GAme by Orton
and I think the play calling was better
Cassel comes back it's time for pioli to go
Romeo is fine with me for head caoch, but muir and special teams coach need to pack up

johnny961
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm hoping Orton plays well enough the last two weeks to make it impossible to let him go. I don't think Cassel can beat out Orton and Cassel is finally too old to be considered a developmental prospect.

This. If Orton continues to play at a high level I don't see how he doesn't get an extension and at least a shot to compete for the starting job next year. And I don't see Cassel beating out Orton.

Guru
12-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Don't hold your breath. You know Pioli won't part with the golden boy.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
This. If Orton continues to play at a high level I don't see how he doesn't get an extension and at least a shot to compete for the starting job next year. And I don't see Cassel beating out Orton.

Exactly

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
The thing is, even with just a mediocre QB, we got a chance to see how much better this maligned O-Line is with a QB that isn't pure unadulterated shit.

Still needs upgrades, but they gave Orton all day, and opened holes for the RBs.

How many pressures did Barry Richardson give up?

And yes, that's a rhetorical question...

Bowser
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM
That is all. Evidence has been evaluated.

I've held out hope for Cassel. I'm officially done with it.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/253080_o.gif

Fritz88
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Agreed. But it was against the 30th ranked defense.

Again, Cassel would have made that Oline look like shit.

scho63
12-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Cassel who?

Baby Lee
12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
How many pressures did Barry Richardson give up?

And yes, that's a rhetorical question...

Entire team - 0 sacks, 1 pressure.

milkman
12-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Entire team - 0 sacks, 1 pressure.

Did Clay Matthews play today?

O.city
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM

He sure did.

I get that the Packs defense is bad, but they usually rush the passer pretty well and get turnovers. They didn't today.

They are usually bailed out by that record setting offense. Our defense played a terrific game today. They kept Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket and the dbs did a great job today on the back side.

I've said it all along, but this defense with Eric B. and a NT is potentially a top 5 defense.

htismaqe
Agreed. But it was against the 30th ranked defense.

Again, Cassel would have made that Oline look like shit.

Except for the fact that they have 27 INTs and the next closest teams have 18 each.

Yardage given up doesn't mean a whole lot.

-King-

Yeah. I remember I think on the third down throw to Bowe, Richardson just completely owned him. Stood him up and made him a non factor.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buckweath
12-18-2011, 03:19 PM

To be fair, Orton is nothing worse than a slightly below-average QB. I'd put him at 20th- max 25th best starting Qb in this league.

milkman
12-18-2011, 03:40 PM
He sure did.

I get that the Packs defense is bad, but they usually rush the passer pretty well and get turnovers. They didn't today.

They are usually bailed out by that record setting offense. Our defense played a terrific game today. They kept Rodgers uncomfortable in the pocket and the dbs did a great job today on the back side.

I've said it all along, but this defense with Eric B. and a NT is potentially a top 5 defense.

That was a rhetorical question to point out how well this O-Line played with a competent QB.

milkman
12-18-2011, 03:41 PM
To be fair, Orton is nothing worse than a slightly below-average QB. I'd put him at 20th- max 25th best starting Qb in this league.

Perhaps you should look up the definition of mediocrity.

It'll be in the dictionary between the pictures of Jeff Fisher and Marty.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Except for the fact that they have 27 INTs and the next closest teams have 18 each.

Yardage given up doesn't mean a whole lot.

They usually have a lead and teams are forcing the ball.

Well, in fact, they haven't been behind in the previous 19 games going into the fourth quarter.

So, that affects how the other team plays.

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
That was a rhetorical question to point out how well this O-Line played with a competent QB.

It was all Haley. Romeo put the linemen in a postion to succeed.

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
They usually have a lead and teams are forcing the ball.

Well, in fact, they haven't been behind in the previous 19 games going into the fourth quarter.

So, that affects how the other team plays.

Our offense had a 14 play, 9 play, and 15 play drive to start the game - we gave them AMPLE opportunity to make a play and instead it was Orton making them...

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Our offense had a 14 play, 9 play, and 15 play drive to start the game - we gave them AMPLE opportunity to make a play and instead it was Orton making them...

As usual, you miss the point.

See, defenses usually don't stop the Packers. The Packers put up points. The opposing offenses start feeling the pressure to put up points and force the ball.

I don't expect you to get the bigger picture. It is actually quite clear that you won't.

crossbow
12-18-2011, 04:04 PM
The defense sure looks a lot better if it isn't on the field for 50 freaking minutes!

Wait ! The offense got some first downs? When did that happen? Possibly when they started a competent QB. He didn't have to be Joe Montana just an NFL caliber QB. Not gonna pretend Kyle is Tom Brady but you can't help but see how much easier he made it look and how composed he was. Dude has a good arm too.