PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crennel - Orton next year prospects?

cdcox
12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Ok, lets say we keep Crennel and he cleans up the 12/10 men on the field issues and stupid challenge.

We get an OC who works on our redzone offense.

Keep Orton as the starter (would rather draft someone, but it ain't happening in 2012).

Get healthy.

Draft another extreme play maker on D or offense.

Use rounds 2-4 to beef up the OL.

Can we make a run?

notorious
12-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Crennel knows how to run a defense against elite QB's. That is for damn sure.

The Bad Guy
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Honestly, as long as this all results in Cassel getting shown the door, I'd sign off on all of it.

Let Romeo be the HC. Hire an OC that's not 100 years old.

Sign Orton on a 2 year deal and get healthy and see what happens.

This defense has a real chance to be special next year. Berry back, Houston's maturity, Tyson Jackson actually waking up. Just get a NT and roll with what we have there.

Still draft a QB, but cut that loser Cassel.

SNR
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
We can make a run.

Should we still draft a QB?

Yes.

Count Alex's Losses
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Orton was saddled with some bad defenses in Denver.

I don't think he's taking us anywhere but you never know.

I think we're a playoff competitor with Orton, but ultimately, not good enough.

Papi
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I despise Orton, but like Tebow, if all he does is win. He can stay.

suzzer99
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
He seemed to come on like gangbusters at DEN but then got steadily worse and was pretty horrible this year. Maybe the whole Tebow thing messed with his head.

O.city
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd love for us to go say Reiff or Richardson in the first and get Tannehill in the second. We need to get a qb early if they arent convinced Stanzi can't be the guy. Then just go BPA rest of the way out.

cdcox
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
We can make a run.

Should we still draft a QB?

Yes.

I think we should but I think we won't.

notorious
12-18-2011, 03:19 PM
This team physically owned the World Champs.

That is all on Crennel.

milkman
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
I'd love for us to go say Reiff or Richardson in the first and get Tannehill in the second. We need to get a qb early if they arent convinced Stanzi can't be the guy. Then just go BPA rest of the way out.

I'll tell you this.

If you plan on going into next season with Orton at QB, then we better be drafting a bulldozer at RB, and a couple of roadgraders on the OL, cause you ain't winning shit with a QB whose greatest weakness in performing in the red zone.

Kyle Orton is a guy that can move the chains, but wilts under pressure.

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 03:53 PM
This team physically owned the World Champs.

That is all on Crennel.

They physically owned the Pittsburgh Steelers and Chicago Bears too.

The difference was our QB had TWO HUNDRED 99 yards on 18 completions instead of ONE HUNDRED 99 yards.

ElGringo
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Am I the only one that thinks our red zone O will be greatly improved with the return of Charles and Moeaki?

Pants
12-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Am I the only one that thinks our red zone O will be greatly improved with the return of Charles and Moeaki?\

No, you're not. :)

The Bad Guy
12-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Crenell is like the anti-Cassel. He calls his best games against the NFL elite, but the shit piles like the Bills and Jets offenses, he gets punked.

cdcox
Am I the only one that thinks our red zone O will be greatly improved with the return of Charles and Moeaki?

Charles is not that much of a red zone threat. But I think with Moeaki, Bowe, and Baldwin, we have plenty of match up problems in the passing game if we learn how to use them. Battle is a serviceable short yardage back. The big need is to beef up the line, especially at C.

kc rush

and hudson playing instead of weigman or lilja.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Orton mad himself some free agent $$ today. It isn't a matter of KC keeping Orton, it's a matter of Orton deciding where he wants to sign.

tredadda
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Orton was saddled with some bad defenses in Denver.
I don't think he's taking us anywhere but you never know.

I think we're a playoff competitor with Orton, but ultimately, not good enough.

The same defense that is being given the credit for the Bronco's success with Tebow under center?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Jesus Christ, guys, it was a great win but settle the fuck down. This team is not winning in the playoffs with Kyle Orton as its quarterback.

bricks
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Ok, lets say we keep Crennel and he cleans up the 12/10 men on the field issues and stupid challenge.

Keep Orton as the starter (would rather draft someone, but it ain't happening in 2012).

Get healthy.

Can we make a run?

Nope.

My logic is, it don't matter who your OC is. If your quarterback has struggled throughout his career in the redzone, then what difference is a coach gonna make? It all comes down to the player. No matter what.

Yeah I think Orton makes the Chiefs more competitive. They get back a healthy Charles and Moeaki, beef up the Oline a bit, and I can see them making a push for the playoffs. But if you can't score in the redzone you don't win in the playoffs. They may have got away with it today, but eventually it'll catch up to you sooner or later.

They still need to draft a QB. Its the most appropriate move. But yeah they probably won't anyway.

Coogs
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Everytime they showed the sideline, it looked like Zorn and Crennel had things moving smoothly and were in constant conversation. Zorn might be the guy if we do stick with Crennel.

bricks
12-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Jesus Christ, guys, it was a great win but settle the **** down. This team is not winning in the playoffs with Kyle Orton as its quarterback.

Exactly.

Its just one game. Plus, it not like Green Bays defense is anything special.

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Jesus Christ, guys, it was a great win but settle the fuck down. This team is not winning in the playoffs with Kyle Orton as its quarterback.

I think everyone is giddy, because Orton's play puts Pioli in a corner if Cassel sucks ass if he starts again next year. This performance should also get Clark's attention also.

Willie Lanier
12-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes to Romeo, no to Orton

Great game today for Kyle, but, I want a QB in the draft, even if it's Landry Jones or Tannehill, and Orton clearly has no desire to be a placeholder

suzzer99
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Jesus Christ, guys, it was a great win but settle the **** down. This team is not winning in the playoffs with Kyle Orton as its quarterback.

As I've been saying with our D next year and weapons on offense it's possible. Not that I think we still shouldn't pursue a QB. We just have the luxury of letting them develop.

Count Alex's Losses
12-18-2011, 04:25 PM

We probably could if we assembled a really good OL and had a top 10 D.

bricks
12-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Yes to Romeo, no to Orton

Great game today for Kyle, but, I want a QB in the draft, even if it's Landry Jones or Tannehill, and Orton clearly has no desire to be a placeholder

I'm in the same boat.

Id still be open to keeping Kyle, but ONLY as a backup.

JCharles1981
12-18-2011, 04:32 PM
1. Make Crennel Head Coach.
2. Draft a QB and put him as backup behind Kyle Orton.
3. Cut Cassell and Palko.
4. Hire an OC that's actually been to the playoffs.
5. Have the WR's and TE's run routes that won't put them in danger of season ending injuries upon being tackled.
6. Sign a couple of bigger and stronger free agent offensive linemen that can open up holes for Jamaal Charles to run through (someone the size of Will Shields, Tony Richardson, and/or Willie Roaf)
7. Bring in John Elway to be the new quarterbacks coach (this won't happen, but I threw it out there anyway lol).

Jerm

For me its not so much as Orton being the answer opposed to Pioli now having to face the reality that Cassel sucks and isn't the solution.

No way IMO can he justify Cassel being the starter anymore...

milkman

I'm not sure that many actually believe that Orton is a guy that is winning us playoff games.

I think the primary hope here is that it opens Pioli's eyes to just how horrendous a QB Cassel is.

Me, I'm not holding my breath.

I think Cassel is back next year.

Dave Lane
12-18-2011, 04:33 PM
No fucking way not one chance in seven hells we do anything better than win the division.

Get healthy.

Can we make a run?

Dave Lane
12-18-2011, 04:34 PM

He's so good Denver CUT him in Mid-Season!

KC Tattoo
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
HeyZeus Christ!!!!

If we keep Orton he is going to demand Matt Cassel $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fuck.

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure that many actually believe that Orton is a guy that is winning us playoff games.

I think the primary hope here is that it opens Pioli's eyes to just how horrendous a QB Cassel is.

This.

cdcox
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I just don't think we are going to be taking a QB high in the draft. I'm looking for some kind of silver lining to keep me interested in this franchise over the next two years if we don't.

Frankie
12-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Get healthy.

Can we make a run?
This actually could work out for Stanzi too, in the long run. But let's not jump the gun. There are two more games left in the Crennel audition.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM

Given Pioli's history, I wonder if the win is attributed to no Todd Haley and no Tyler Palko rather than the yeoman's effort put in by Orton.

Bowser
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM

If Cassel is back next year, it will be all about Pioli not wanting to admit a mistake at that position, which would be ironic if true, seeing as how he axed Haley.

Cassel is a good quarterback when everything around him unfolds perfectly in his favor, as has been demonstrated time and again. Unfortunately in the NFL, that happens very infrequently. (post for Senseless' benefit)

Count Alex's Losses
12-18-2011, 05:23 PM
RomeOrton.

Let the era begin.

Count Alex's Losses
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I just don't think we are going to be taking a QB high in the draft. I'm looking for some kind of silver lining to keep me interested in this franchise over the next two years if we don't.

Yep.

Have to hope that Orton is our Jim Plunkett.