PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hali Being Held

Dartgod
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
All season long we've seen it. And today it directly cost the Chiefs 9 points. The first on the non-call in the end zone that should have been a safety. The second on the long 3rd down pass that set up the Packers' first touchdown.

And these were not ticky-tack holds. They were blatant holds that any other team in the league gets the call.

Discus...

This was the one that set up their first touchdown...on 3rd down
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/haligb.gif

Clearly should have been a safety
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/hali2gbp.gif

SPchief
12-18-2011, 05:57 PM
All season long we've seen it. And today it directly cost the Chiefs 9 points. The first on the non-call in the end zone that should have been a safety. The second on the long 3rd down pass that set up the Packers' first touchdown.

And these were not ticky-tack holds. They were blatant holds that any other team in the league gets the call.

Discus...

So you're telling me its NOT legal to hold a guy by his throat? I would have never have known since they never throw the flag.

scott free
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I wish there was something that could be done about it, unfortunately the NFL doesnt give a wet fart what small market fans think... the only thing that might help is for Hunt & Pioli to consistently stay after the league about it.

teedubya
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Hey, at least one of the refs offered to help Hali up today. heh.

</post>
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
The worst part about it is that since the league doesn't recognize him as a superstar player he doesn't get the calls. But the calls are what's keeping him from being universally considered as such.

Guru
12-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Hey, at least one of the refs offered to help Hali up today. heh.

yeah, Hali should have told him no thanks. You haven't helped me all season.

lewdog
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I see his head snap back more than any D-lineman I have ever seen. They always have their hands up near his face or under his facemask and it is never called! I don't get it.

FAX
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
Crennel's response to the question of holds on Hali was very interesting. It's in the post-game press conference on the Chiefs site.

FAX

Dartgod
12-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Crennel's response to the question of holds on Hali was very interesting. It's in the post-game press conference on the Chiefs site.

FAX

Does it seem that Tamba gets held quite a bit? ďThatís not my call, but youíre probably right by what you see.Ē
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Romeo-Crennel-Postgame-Comments/a51e09ee-e526-41ca-a1ac-2e2bf15ec3d7

smittysbar
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
It has been out of control IMO

Bump
12-18-2011, 06:18 PM
the rules obviously don't apply for everyone in this corporate league.

Why don't coaches recognize this and gameplan as such? If I were the opposing coach, I would tell my LT to tackle him to the ground and make it obvious, because they won't call it ever.

and why hasn't any of KC coaches said anything? Nobody has Tamba's back on this team? No camaraderie

threebag02
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
How else is an opposing offense suppose to block him?

I guess Denver chop blocks so that's one way.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Auturis brought up some interesting points during the game chat. Basically the NFL allows holding to happen alot more than they used to. As long as its not too long and blatant. The NFL favors the wide open game and offenses obviously. It's not in the leagues best interest to help a defense out in today's game. It's no coincidence that the popularity of the league has skyrocketed over the past 20 to 25 years as the game has become more wide open.

Marcellus
12-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Auturis brought up some interesting points during the game chat. Basically the NFL allows holding to happen alot more than they used to. As long as its not too long and blatant. The NFL favors the wide open game and offenses obviously. It's not in the leagues best interest to help a defense out in today's game. It's no coincidence that the popularity of the league has skyrocketed over the past 20 to 25 years as the game has become more wide open.

I am ok with the no call on the grabbing a bit of Jersey or shoulder pads but strangling a dude with your bicep is a bit too much for my taste.

Lonewolf Ed
Maybe they'd notice if the lineman chokes Hali out and he collapses to the ground? Nah. What am I thinking?

FAX
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Romeo-Crennel-Postgame-Comments/a51e09ee-e526-41ca-a1ac-2e2bf15ec3d7

He grinned a big, ol' grin, too.

Based on his immediate reaction to the question, it's pretty obvious that it isn't just us fans who notice this nonsense.

I'd like to know why the NFL has decided not to call holding against Hali. Is it because he's from Africa, or what?

FAX

</post>
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM

The numbers would indicate they have been calling holding more often, but then again maybe there's a reason the NFL felt the need to put out an article on this topic this year.

Holding penalties in the NFL
Year Pass plays Holding calls Holding calls per attempt Holding calls per week
2006 17,552 323 1:54.3 19.0
2007 18,147 331 1:54.8 19.4
2008 17,562 350 1:50.1 20.5
2009 18,134 373 1:48.6 21.9
2010 18,399 431 1:42.6 25.3
2011 10,707 256 1:41.8 25.6

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8242fc95/article/pass-interference-holding-penalties-on-the-rise-in-the-nfl

Brock
12-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, it's not being called as much for any of the premiere pass rushers anymore IMO.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, it's not being called as much for any of the premiere pass rushers anymore IMO.

I'd agree with this. More coddling of the QBs.

stonedstooge
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
It doesn't seem like its called much in any game. Must have been a directive before the season started from the owners. As much bullshit as the calls that are being given to quarterbacks with the roughing calls

suzzer99
12-18-2011, 06:36 PM
If you think the league is going to call holding on an OT when Rogers is throwing you're nuts. Sadly that's just the way it is. If we ever get a star QB we'll appreciate it.

DRU
12-18-2011, 06:39 PM
If you think the league is going to call holding on an OT when Rogers is throwing you're nuts. Sadly that's just the way it is. If we ever get a star QB we'll appreciate it.

It's not just today, though, it's the entire season. The article says "as long as they're not blatant". Well, they are, so I'm still pissed about it. He was pulled to the ground at least 2 times today that I saw.

Deberg_1990
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
It's not just today, though, it's the entire season. The article says "as long as they're not blatant". Well, they are, so I'm still pissed about it. He was pulled to the ground at least 2 times today that I saw.

It's an offensive biased league now. It's what the NFL wants and the fans. Blame fantasy football.

chiefqueen
12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

Discus...

The hold that should have resulted in a safety was replayed twice on the scoreboards today.

beer bacon
12-18-2011, 06:54 PM
On the long pass that set up GB's first TD, the LT had Hali by the throat with his hand. It doesn't get any more blatant than that. It is screwed up.

chiefqueen
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM

The hold on Hali in the endzone was long & blatant.

FAX
12-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I agree. Some of these non-calls are blatant. They are chokes, drag-downs, pulls, and stuff like that. We're not talking about marginal, judgement calls. Some are, but the ones that are bothersome are the really big-time holds that are being overlooked or just plain purposefully ignored.

FAX

Bob Dole
12-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Hali needs to just accept the fact that he needs to flop.

Count Zarth
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Hali has 12 sacks now. I guess that kinda destroys the argument that last year was just a fluke "career year."

He is an absolute monster.

trndobrd
12-18-2011, 07:55 PM
I thought Hali's post-game comments about praying every play for strength to beat his opponent was kind of odd, but in this league that's all the help he's going to get.

ChiefsCountry
12-18-2011, 07:57 PM
There is holding on every single play in football.

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Hali has 12 sacks now. I guess that kinda destroys the argument that last year was just a fluke "career year."

He is an absolute monster.

Mecca cries

prhom
12-18-2011, 08:02 PM
The choke-hold blocking technique seems pretty effective. We should adopt it on our o-line. Then if we get called for it they can make a nice side-by-side comparison of what is considered a hold for one team but not another and mail it to the league. If we don't get called just keep doing it.

Count Zarth
12-18-2011, 08:02 PM
1. DT
2. Neil Smith
3. Tamba Hali

He is legend.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-18-2011, 08:03 PM
The refs really piss me off. I know holding can be called on every play but it's getting ridiculous.

dtebbe
12-18-2011, 08:09 PM
The hold on Hali in the endzone was long & blatant.

They keep hooking him around the neck, drives me friggin' nuts.

DT

-King-
12-18-2011, 08:24 PM

Not this kind of holding.
Posted via Mobile Device

reschief
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM

Discus...

Here's an idea: contact Hali and donate funds to hire counsel for Hali. File a civil lawsuit against one of the tackles/guards that choke him. When defense counsel claims the choke was not a civil battery and the choke was in the normal events of a football contest, file a cross claim against the NFL claiming they are a co-conspirator to intentional assault and battery. Show the video to a Missouri jury and obtain judgment. The NFL will avoid more lawsuits and start calling holding calls against Hali in fear of being sued yet again. The case gets a lot of publicity as well about the unfairness of the officiating in the NFL against Hali. Problem solved by publicity and fear of litigation and cost of attorney fees. Winning!

dtebbe
12-18-2011, 08:46 PM
This is the one that drives me crazy (and he gets held like this about 3 times every game with no call)

And then on some running play a guy will pull someone's jersey about an inch off their body and the refs throw a flag..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sr7p50LUsYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

durtyrute
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
It was at it's worse today

O.city
12-18-2011, 09:13 PM
On the long pass to Finley it looked like Tamba got tackled.

Demonpenz
12-18-2011, 09:16 PM
How bout Tamba Make a fucking tackle when he DOES get there. He missed a couple today

AZORChiefFan
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
The worst part about it is that since the league doesn't recognize him as a superstar player he doesn't get the calls. But the calls are what's keeping him from being universally considered as such.

Yup.

Consistent1
12-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Pick any team, go to their message board. Two things always stand out: 1) The team in question is the only one in the NFL that has zero players on it using PED's. 2) The best pass-rusher on their team is the only one in the league who gets held on every single play.

And I hate to say, this board is one of the worst about it.

FAX
12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Hali needs to just accept the fact that he needs to flop.

I don't think the word, "flop" is in his vocabulary.

Or, if it is, it's Gbangan for "who put this carrot is in my ass?".

FAX

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM

Yeah, but not that blatant.

Demonpenz
12-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Tamba Getting held is nothing compared to what happens to Jason Pierre-Paul

BWillie
12-18-2011, 09:39 PM

Discus...

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was yelling at the TV saying safety safety WTF over and over again.

Dartgod
12-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Here's an idea: contact Hali and donate funds to hire counsel for Hali. File a civil lawsuit against one of the tackles/guards that choke him. When defense counsel claims the choke was not a civil battery and the choke was in the normal events of a football contest, file a cross claim against the NFL claiming they are a co-conspirator to intentional assault and battery. Show the video to a Missouri jury and obtain judgment. The NFL will avoid more lawsuits and start calling holding calls against Hali in fear of being sued yet again. The case gets a lot of publicity as well about the unfairness of the officiating in the NFL against Hali. Problem solved by publicity and fear of litigation and cost of attorney fees. Winning!
Well, it doesn't piss me off that much.

WhiteWhale
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Pick any team, go to their message board. Two things always stand out: 1) The team in question is the only one in the NFL that has zero players on it using PED's. 2) The best pass-rusher on their team is the only one in the league who gets held on every single play.

Total truth.

All great pass rushers get held all the time. Refs barely ever call it.

jd1020
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM

Hali is held before the game even starts on this board.

Demonpenz
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Hali is held on every play on this board. Sorry. Every player is held

luv
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
I realize he gets held a lot, and I realize this happens on every team (although not according to the guys who sit behind us...ugh). Maybe it's not common to call it, but I think that, if it's blatant and affecting the score/non-score, it needs to be called.

And, yes, I am only stating the obvious.

Demonpenz
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
http://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,18091.0.html

Demonpenz
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
http://bearingthenews.com/?p=1939

Its time to just say it. Julius Peppers just plain gets held on almost every play. Otherwise he just never get blocked at all.

Earthling
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe let him wear a spiked collar? Shouldn't matter as evidently he is never held or grabbed there...

hometeam
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
I cant understand how the league is not getting onto officials for all the holding on Hali.

We all know the league reviews every game for calls and no calls and goes over and grades them with officials.

So, why, after reviewing ever single one of these uncalled holds do they not warn the crews that are calling this players game?

jd1020
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I cant understand how the league is not getting onto officials for all the holding on Hali.

We all know the league reviews every game for calls and no calls and goes over and grades them with officials.

So, why, after reviewing ever single one of these uncalled holds do they not warn the crews that are calling this players game?

Why not just throw a flag on every single play then?

There is always some kind of penalty on every play. Just pick a linemans number and throw the flag.

Call illegal contact on every pass play.

Frazod
12-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Good God.

WE ARE A SMALL MARKET TEAM WITH NO WINNING TRADITION OR SUPERSTARS.

The only people who want to watch us play are us, and there aren't very many of us. The league has no interest whatsoever in us doing well. If we are playing against the golden boys or a big market team, Hali gets held all day, bullshit PI gets called all day, phantom holds get called, etc. etc.

It's like some of you have never watched a fucking Chiefs game before. It is what it is.

The cure is WINNING. Winning big and winning consistently. Or trading for a big, bankable star who will sell jerseys and then winning. But it all comes down to winning.

Until then, what happened today, what has happened to us always, will continue to happen. Just got to fight through it.

Phobia
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM
and why hasn't any of KC coaches said anything? Nobody has Tamba's back on this team? No camaraderie

They aren't allowed to bitch about the refs in public or they get fined.

WhiteWhale
12-18-2011, 11:46 PM
They aren't allowed to bitch about the refs in public or they get fined.

Plus, look at what happened when Dick Vermeil started protesting the non-calls against Tony Gonzalaz.

They just started calling more offensive pass interference against Tony. LMAO

chefsos
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
I think maybe if I were Tamba, I'd loosen my chinstrap just a bit from time to time, so that holding bastard was left only with a helmet in the crook of his arm while I:

a) complete the sack bareheaded, or
b) get the fucking holding call

jspchief
12-19-2011, 01:05 AM
I think his rush style factors into it a lot. He tries to speed rush around the guy then leans hard if the tackle has a hand on him. It almost makes it impossible for the tackle to not hold because Hali is leaning into to him so hard. It makes every rush look like a hold.

I think refs have recognized how he does that and have chosen to not call it as much. Not saying it's right. I just think his style has influenced how they call holding on him.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2011, 01:08 AM
I have no idea why Hali can run right in front of the back judge with a LT giving him a full choke hold and not get a flag. It's been happening for years though.

suzzer99
12-19-2011, 03:02 AM
I really like the spiked collar idea.

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 04:56 AM
Gosh, wouldn't it be great if Hali was paired with the NFL's current sack leader?

Wouldn't be held nearly as much... right Scott Pioli?

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 05:04 AM
Tamba Getting held is nothing compared to what happens to Jason Pierre-Paul

While the stats tell a different story, you will find Redskins fans everywhere raving about the job undrafted rookie Willie Smith did yesterday on JPP, enough so to start talking about moving Trent Williams to ORT next year...

-King-
12-19-2011, 05:12 AM
Gosh, wouldn't it be great if Hali was paired with the NFL's current sack leader?

Wouldn't be held nearly as much... right Scott Pioli?
You do realize that it wasn't Pioli that traded Allen right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
You do realize that it wasn't Pioli that traded Allen right?
Posted via Mobile Device

Allen is not the current NFL sack leader...

-King-
12-19-2011, 05:28 AM
Allen is not the current NFL sack leader...

Babin? The dude sucked for 5 years before joining the Chiefs. You really blame Pioli for cutting him? He's the D end version of Brandon Lloyd except that Lloyd was actually average before the past couple years. Babin was just terrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHell
12-19-2011, 05:58 AM
I bet Tamba wears the non-calls as a badge of honor. Dude is un-stoppable...of course he's going to be held a lot. And he just keeps on comin' at them...I think he's my next jersey.

FAX
12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
I bet Tamba wears the non-calls as a badge of honor. Dude is un-stoppable...of course he's going to be held a lot. And he just keeps on comin' at them...I think he's my next jersey.

I think so, too.

FAX

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 06:43 AM
Babin? The dude sucked for 5 years before joining the Chiefs. You really blame Pioli for cutting him? He's the D end version of Brandon Lloyd except that Lloyd was actually average before the past couple years. Babin was just terrible.
Posted via Mobile Device

You have the same problem Scott Pioli does. You fail to observe the talent right in front of your eyes.

J###n B###n was raw coming out of college, just a speed outside rush, no other moves. When he was here, he demonstrated he had worked hard on his new moves and was productive when given the chance.

Assume, parrot, and trash those who notice your flaws.

King, eh?

Sorry, Scotty, Billy was the King, and you were just a FOLLOWER with NO TALENT YOURSELF.

-King-
12-19-2011, 06:57 AM
You have the same problem Scott Pioli does. You fail to observe the talent right in front of your eyes.

J###n B###n was raw coming out of college, just a speed outside rush, no other moves. When he was here, he demonstrated he had worked hard on his new moves and was productive when given the chance.

Assume, parrot, and trash those who notice your flaws.

King, eh?

Sorry, Scotty, Billy was the King, and you were just a FOLLOWER with NO TALENT YOURSELF.

ROFL Yeah. you probably would have been thrilled to keep a journey man with 15 career sacks in 4 years.

And how did he produce for us? He had 2 sacks.

Like I said, the guy is the defensive end version of Brandon Lloyd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 06:59 AM
ROFL Yeah. you probably would have been thrilled to keep a journey man with 15 career sacks in 4 years.

And how did he produce for us? He had 2 sacks.

Like I said, the guy is the defensive end version of Brandon Lloyd.
Posted via Mobile Device

Parrot stats, never watch... how "King" became such a football genius...

Babin played in a rotation for what, the final five games here...

and the only measure of production is the sack stat, too...

Well, if that's the stat, brilliant Pioli let the current NFL leader walk for nothing...

At least we got a First plus for Allen...

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Was TFG really the only one on this planet who noticed Jason Babin looking pretty impressive right before Pioli was hired?

-King-
12-19-2011, 07:07 AM
ROFL We were supposed to keep a D End who didn't get any sacks. ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
12-19-2011, 07:08 AM
omg he's still talking about Babin

Are you his cousin or something?

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Dude belongs in the red.

Red Beans
12-19-2011, 07:44 AM
omg he's still talking about Babin

Are you his cousin or something?

It's becasue dude went out and spent the rest of his Christmas money grandma sent him on a Babin jersey, either that or he wants to PIIHB.

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Dude belongs in the red.

LOL!!!

The Brandon Lloyd comment needs a response. Brandon Lloyd was good coming out of college. Lloyd's problem has always been himself. Babin's problem coming out of college was that he had 15 or so sacks at a directional Michigan against inferior competition, and then ran a 4.6, and was hence pushed into round 1. He never should have gone that high given what he was at the time. The Texans thought his "development" would be quicker. It wasn't. He tried DE. He tried OLB. Then he was out. Lloyd was productive early. Babin wasn't.

When I observed Babin late in 08 here, I was pretty shocked. The kid had a variety of new moves and was getting it done.

Apparently I was the only one who observed that, and hence for observing a Chief play well for the Chiefs, I should be all RED, not just partially...

Face it, Scott Pioli BLEW IT when he let Babin walk for nothing, wasting the #3 overall switching to a 3-4 that was not needed, and now folks here wonder if Hali gets held too much...

LOL!!!

Babin started flashing here. It continued in the preseason of 2009 in Philly, and later in the 2009 season in Philly. Then it started to bubble in TN last year. Now, the pot is boiling...

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 07:47 AM
It's becasue dude went out and spent the rest of his Christmas money grandma sent him on a Babin jersey, either that or he wants to PIIHB.

I don't want to speak for Babin, but I don't think he is a Christmas type of guy... more of a 9 candle type of guy...

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 07:49 AM
ROFL We were supposed to keep a D End who didn't get any sacks. ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

And if the Chiefs had kept Babin and the 4-3, the #3 overall can actually be traded down for the local QB prospect, Kansas State's Josh Freeman...

So, the net net for the Chiefs was....

1. Cassel not Freeman
2. Tyson Jackson not Babin
3. an extra high second in Billy B's pocket

PATS RULE BABY, just ask Scott Pioli and Josh McDaniels...

loochy
12-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Apparently I was the only one who observed that, and hence for observing a Chief play well for the Chiefs, I should be all RED, not just partially...

Face it, Scott Pioli BLEW IT when he let Babin walk for nothing, wasting the #3 overall switching to a 3-4 that was not needed, and now folks here wonder if Hali gets held too much...

The point is that out of all of the ways that the roster has been mismanaged or messed up, you just concentrate on Babin all the time. WTF?

Cool, then I'll help you out. Here you go:

http://i55.tinypic.com/33kxgub.jpg

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 07:53 AM
"The point is that out of all of the ways that the roster has been mismanaged or messed up, you just concentrate on Babin all the time. WTF?"

Really?

I thought I had a pretty decent list of prospects for the Chiefs last offseason before the Draft...

In the debate over who was "at fault," Pioli or Haley, I think it is much more Pioli, and Babin is exhibit A of it...

Why do you hate that truth?

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Who keeps pos-repping this moran?

-King-
12-19-2011, 08:01 AM
How exactly was Babin producing for us? He wasn't getting sacks. I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting that much pressure on the qb and he damn sure wasn't good in run defense. So how was he producing?

It's still fucking hilarious that you're crying about Pioli dumping a guy that averaged 3 sacks per year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 08:07 AM
How exactly was Babin producing for us? He wasn't getting sacks. I'm pretty sure he wasn't getting that much pressure on the qb and he damn sure wasn't good in run defense. So how was he producing?

It's still ****ing hilarious that you're crying about Pioli dumping a guy that averaged 3 sacks per year.
Posted via Mobile Device

You need an entirely different approach towards having football opinions.

1. you need to understand the football you watch
2. you need to watch
3. you need to ignore announcers, stats, and BS, and only care about what you saw

Babin was getting pressure here. Babin was active, hustling, and productive here for the limited snaps he got.

But there isn't an announcer for you to parrot to "verify" it, just the tapes of the games...

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 08:08 AM
Pioli is responsible for talent assessment.

His assessment that Babin was worthless now has DATA to either verify or refute...

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Seriously, how are you related to Babin? Or maybe you ARE Justin Babin?

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 08:19 AM
Seriously, how are you related to Babin? Or maybe you ARE Justin Babin?

No, I am TFG, LaDairis, two banned names (see the Draft board for a clue there) and TFG did tell the Planet to keep Babin and stay 4-3 in real time... which is why my rating never stays red for too long...

sorry...

I also stand accused of a bunch of nonsense, and Babin is a good example of why the nonsense should be ignored...

-King-
12-19-2011, 08:22 AM
You need an entirely different approach towards having football opinions.

1. you need to understand the football you watch
2. you need to watch
3. you need to ignore announcers, stats, and BS, and only care about what you saw

Babin was getting pressure here. Babin was active, hustling, and productive here for the limited snaps he got.

But there isn't an announcer for you to parrot to "verify" it, just the tapes of the games...
I watched. Hali was the only one getting consistent pressure on that whole defense. Babin didn't.

There's a reason he's been a journey man his whole career and it's not because GMs were stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sofa King
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Parrot stats, never watch... how "King" became such a football genius...

Babin played in a rotation for what, the final five games here...

and the only measure of production is the sack stat, too...

Well, if that's the stat, brilliant Pioli let the current NFL leader walk for nothing...

At least we got a First plus for Allen...

You're still fucking talking about Babin?

LMAO

It should be obvious that noone here gives a shit about Babin. He sucked ass for us and wouldn't have a position if her was here now.

gblowfish
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
According to the refs, Hali was not held a single time in yesterday's game.

Frazod
12-19-2011, 10:32 AM
According to the refs, Hali was not held a single time in yesterday's game.

Somebody needs to find a shot of the "non-existent" endzone hold that would have resulted in a safety for big market team with a superstar quarterback.

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 10:42 AM
"I watched. Hali was the only one getting consistent pressure on that whole defense. Babin didn't. "

Once again, King, stat and announcer parroting is not "watching..."

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 10:43 AM
"He sucked ass for us"

No, Scott Pioli has sucked ass for us...

vailpass
12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Dear god.

redhed
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Small consolation for the reffin' bitches, but Hali is getting credit for his monster game on the DP show.

Fritz88
12-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Go visit any other team's forum during a game and all are crying that their star LB or DE is getting held.

He gets held, but not as bad as we make it to be.

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Go visit any other team's forum during a game and all are crying that their start LB or DE is getting held.

It's just the NFL of today - protect the QBs at all costs.

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Go visit any other team's forum during a game and all are crying that their start LB or DE is getting held.

So you think the non-call in the end zone was just fine?

Frazod
12-19-2011, 12:24 PM
It's just the NFL of today - protect the SUPERSTAR QBs at all costs.

FYP

Fritz88
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
So you think the non-call in the end zone was just fine?

No. But I think we are blowing it our of proportion. It happens all the time.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM

I don't think anyone is blowing it out of proportion. The guy has gotten as much consistent pressure as anybody in the league the last 2 years and gets raped more accordingly.

Molitoth
12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Romeo Crennel mentioned the non-call holdings on Hali during his presser. He said even though he gets held all of the time without it getting called, he keeps going like an energizer bunny. (or something along those lines)

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Really? I'm talking about 2 specific plays in one game. I'm not sure how that is blowing it out of proportion.

IYO, was he clearly held in the end zone? And if so, are you ok with it not being called?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Sr7p50LUsYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM
If Hali played for the New York Giants he'd draw six holding penalties a game.

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I just watched the play again, and not only did the GB player have him in a choke hold, once Hali got away from that he grabbed onto the back of his jersey.

It just blows me away how some people think this is "ok" because it happens all the time.

petegz28
12-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I just watched the play again, and not only did the GB player have him in a choke hold, once Hali got away from that he grabbed onto the back of his jersey.

It just blows me away how some people think this is "ok" because it happens all the time.

Yeah, it's kind of hard not to call holding when you see a jersey being yanked like that. It really makes you wonder WTF is going through the minds of the Refs?

Dartgod
12-19-2011, 01:11 PM
You can't see it in that picture, but the ref is standing at the back of the end zone with a clear view of the play.

petegz28
12-19-2011, 01:16 PM
You can't see it in that picture, but the ref is standing at the back of the ens zone with a clear view of the play.

The Ref probably has a clear view every time. That's his job is to watch for holding and the hits on the QB. It's beyond pathetic to say the least that the flag is rarely thrown for such obvious fouls but yet thrown quickly for less obvious and much more ticky-tack shit.

Caseyguyrr
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
wonder what the refs are actually doing if they not watching for penalties

notorious
12-19-2011, 01:21 PM
We will start getting the calls when the time comes.

I have always said that when the NFL decides that it's time to start calling holding for Hali, this will be a top 3-5 defense.

vailpass
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
We will start getting the calls when the time comes.

I have always said that when the NFL decides that it's time to start calling holding for Hali, this will be a top 3-5 defense.

LMAO

Frazod
12-19-2011, 01:34 PM
wonder what the refs are actually doing if they not watching for penalties

Thinking about all the cool shit they're going to buy with their bribe money.

notorious
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
LMAO

I know, I know.

We are starting to sound the Raider fans.

Just wait. Vaughn Miller is a beast, but they will start holding onto his jersey like it's money and it will probably go uncalled.

It happens all of the time, but we notice it with Hali since we watch him every week.

Oh Snap
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
I wish there was something that could be done about it, unfortunately the NFL doesnt give a wet fart what small market fans think... the only thing that might help is for Hunt & Pioli to consistently stay after the league about it.

the packers are a smaller market team than the chiefs. The chiefs are average at worst in that regard. a few years ago, the chiefs were in the top 5 in revenue.

Frazod
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
the packers are a smaller market team than the chiefs. The chiefs are average at worst in that regard. a few years ago, the chiefs were in the top 5 in revenue.

Green Bay is smaller than Kansas City, but that doesn't mean anything. The Packers own all of Wisconsin (and I mean every little cheese and beer-filled bit of it), which has a slightly smaller population than Missouri.

Mopery
12-19-2011, 03:15 PM
It looks like Hali gets held on every play.

DBOSHO
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Holding clearly happens on every play. I wont argue that point, but holding THAT BLATANT does not occur every play and should be called. Its not fair to Tamba.

reschief
12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Well, it doesn't piss me off that much.

Yeah, I know that's going too far. . . but it is a unique resolution to an ongoing problem. Maybe an "investigative reporter" could actually look into this, but they're too lazy to do any real work.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2011, 05:35 PM
LMAO He still got 3 sacks and could have had 5. Looked like a man amongst boys yet again on Sunday. Can't believe they let thier tackles 1 on 1 against him all game.

InChiefsHell
12-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I know, I know.

We are starting to sound the Raider fans.

Just wait. Vaughn Miller is a beast, but they will start holding onto his jersey like it's money and it will probably go uncalled.

It happens all of the time, but we notice it with Hali since we watch him every week.

Can't hold a jersey coated in Crisco. Just sayin.

InChiefsHell
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm sure that the ref was simply dazzled by Rogers' awesomeness and did not see the hold. It could happen to anyone.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm sure that the ref was simply dazzled by Rogers' awesomeness and did not see the hold. It could happen to anyone.

I thought I saw a pup tent in his pants.

BigChiefTablet
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Tamba Hali is a beast. My favorite Chief. I love watching him play football. Wish they didn't hold him so much.

petegz28
12-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Tamba Hali is a beast. My favorite Chief. I love watching him play football. Wish they didn't hold him so much.

If Hali wasn't held he'd get 2-4 sacks a game at least. If they did call the holding the other teams would have 6-7 holding calls a game.

Backwards Masking
12-19-2011, 07:01 PM

Haha, this.

if the refs call the holds like they should Rodgers only has 150-200 Yds and 1 TD for his stats IN ADDITION TO LOSING.

Makes it tough for the media to blame the green bay packers Loss on their defense like they've been saying at all year is the reason they won't go undefeated even though it WASN'T. It was cause Romeo and the Kansas City Defense shut Mr. Perfect down in a manner no team has done in over a year.

Wouldn't want that to be too obvious for Mr. Roger's near flawless reputation, would they? Espiecally if they lost too, which they DID. hahahahaha

GloryDayz
12-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Instead of "Judicial Watch", I think we need an independent spotlight group called "Official Watch"!!!

Freekofnature
12-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Trust me this happens to everyday great pass rusher in any team.

It's not just Hali.

Tribal Warfare
12-19-2011, 10:49 PM

He's all heart, he's one of those guys you know had to work his balls off with talent he has. The cat doesn't make look effortless like Derrick did, but he's the type of guy who will scrape and claw for everything he gets on the field.

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 05:19 AM
Trust me this happens to everyday great pass rusher in any team.

It's not just Hali.

It happens less to teams with TWO great pass rushers, not just one...

Good thing we have Scottie Piolio, landing awesome pass rushers just about every offseason here...

Dartgod
12-20-2011, 07:07 AM

Good thing we have Scottie Piolio, landing awesome pass rushers just about every offseason here...

Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin Justin Babin

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-20-2011, 07:28 AM

Since you are apparently blind....Justin Houston has been pretty damn good lately.

Dartgod
12-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Since you are apparently blind....Justin Houston has been pretty damn good lately.

JUSTIN BABIN!!!

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 07:53 AM

He was pretty damn good at UGA too.

Then he toked right before the Combine...

But, get real, he isn't the current NFL sack leader either...

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 07:54 AM
JUSTIN BABIN!!!

The darn anti-semites here...

JASON Babin, not Justin...

loochy
12-20-2011, 08:05 AM

Jason Babinsteinberg?

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-20-2011, 08:07 AM
He was pretty damn good at UGA too.

Then he toked right before the Combine...

But, get real, he isn't the current NFL sack leader either...

Shouldn't you be at practice Mr. Baggins?

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Jason Babinsteinberg?

How about

CURRENT NFL SACK LEADER

and player let go for nothing by Scott Pioli

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
Shouldn't you be at practice Mr. Baggins?

Mr. Baggins?

Bilbo?

I'm a bit taller than Bilbo...

loochy
12-20-2011, 08:19 AM
How about

CURRENT NFL SACK LEADER

and player let go for nothing by Scott Pioli

Does he have curly hair?

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Does he have curly hair?

Is there something about curly hair, a correlation between curly hair and excellence on a football field?

Gosh, I've heard a lot of bizarre draft strategies, but this one could really take the cake...

loochy
12-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Is there something about curly hair, a correlation between curly hair and excellence on a football field?

Gosh, I've heard a lot of bizarre draft strategies, but this one could really take the cake...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf9861dib41qds46r.gif

-King-
12-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Babin reportedly has eyelashes 3MMs longer than the norm. Studies have shown that people like that are more prone to steroid/HGH usage.

So I would attribute his recent success on the steroids.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dartgod
12-20-2011, 08:38 AM

Yeah, he's that memorable.

BAB-FUCKING-INS!!!!!

Dartgod
12-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I added GoChiefs' gifs to the OP.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Babin reportedly has eyelashes 3MMs longer than the norm. Studies have shown that people like that are more prone to steroid/HGH usage.

So I would attribute his recent success on the steroids.
Posted via Mobile Device

A football player who uses steroids??????

Get real, it'll never happen...

Amnorix
12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
It's an offensive biased league now. It's what the NFL wants and the fans. Blame fantasy football.

Alot of truth to that.

Detoxing
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
If the refs were to throw the flags like they should, the other team would get a holding penalty practically every freaking play. So they won't.

Hali is not going to get those calls. It's time to just deal with it.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 10:06 AM

Discus...

This was the one that set up their first touchdown...on 3rd down
http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/haligb.gif

Clearly should have been a safety

Marshall Newhouse, combine wonderkid...

Dartgod
12-22-2011, 10:10 AM
If the refs were to throw the flags like they should, the other team would get a holding penalty practically every freaking play. So they won't.

I'm not talking about plays like this:

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/haligbp.gif

Technically holding, but not going to get called most of the time. I'm ok with those for the most part.

I'm talking about this:

Are you telling me that you shrug off blatant holding (non)calls like that?

chiefzilla1501
12-22-2011, 10:12 AM

Phil Simms explained it well.

You're going to get tagged for holding if you are blatantly moving outside the framework of your body. Those are clear holds. They're not borderline.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Notice on both plays, the pass rush is Hali...

and just Hali...

Dartgod
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Notice on both plays, the pass rush is Hali...

and just Hali...
If only we had another pass rusher. Someone who could put up huge sack numbers. Where can we find a guy like that? :hmmm:

Frazod
12-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Such indisputable, clear cut evidence, and still nobody gives a shit but us.

Gotta love the WWNFL.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
If only we had another pass rusher. Someone who could put up huge sack numbers. Where can we find a guy like that? :hmmm:

It goes up more than just a summation.

Having two prevents the other team from doubling both... both DEs get more sacks than they would isolated. Paired with the current NFL sack leader, Hali would be approaching 20 too...

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Such indisputable, clear cut evidence, and still nobody gives a shit but us.

Gotta love the WWNFL.

It was indeed a terrible non call by human refs in a football game...

Dartgod
12-22-2011, 10:20 AM

ROFL at the 'tards that want to justify this crap.

Radar Chief
12-22-2011, 10:22 AM

:hmmm: I wonder. /Babin's knob bobber

Frazod
12-22-2011, 10:49 AM

Human refs my ass. No way they didn't see those. They were absolutely impossible to miss. If you think this wasn't deliberate, you're either naive or retarded, or both.

lcarus
12-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah that holding in the end zone was just too obvious and blatant to think "Gee, maybe they missed it. They ARE human after all!"

Then they call our special teams for holding 5 times a game....

-King-
12-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah that holding in the end zone was just too obvious and blatant to think "Gee, maybe they missed it. They ARE human after all!"

Then they call our special teams for holding 5 times a game....

This. Said it in the game thread. They called all the special teams holds but somehow missed the biggest and most crucial hold of the game? Fuck that shit.

RNR
12-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Every good D-lineman is held at some point at least 60% of the time. As good as this kid is he is going to be held 75% of the time~

Dartgod
12-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Every good D-lineman is held at some point at least 60% of the time. As good as this kid is he is going to be held 75% of the time~

I've mentioned numerous times that I understand that and have no issue with non-calls on the borderline, yet technically holding calls.

I'd like to hear what you think about the 2 clips in the thread starter. IMO, those should be called EVERY time.

Radar Chief
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM

If the game is called evenly I donít care. Itís when our offensive linemen are getting flagged for much less flagrant holding that it starts pissing me off.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Human refs my ass. No way they didn't see those. They were absolutely impossible to miss. If you think this wasn't deliberate, you're either naive or retarded, or both.

My use of "human" implies both the capability to be wrong and dishonest.

Have you ever watched the refs in The Swamp??

The celebration call on Earl Bennett?

It is indeed obvious enough to justify the accusation it was deliberate.

Amnorix
12-22-2011, 04:29 PM

I get what you're saying and in large part agree, BUT if that play in the end zone isn't holding THEN NOTHING IS, which is really the problem here.

There is holding every play. You won't find someone who more frequently says "zip it" on people bitching about refs than me. Usually it's blatant homerism at fault, or thinking that the refs enforce the rules precisely as written which they don't on some things (like holding).

But that end zone play was fucked. That is holding. EVERY freaking time. Like I said, if that isn't holding, then holding doesn't exist anymore.

Chiefaholic
12-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Missing the little crap that happens on every down is understandable given the time slots for each game. However, common sense tells a guy that the opponent will send the house that close to the goal line and holding is likely to give the QB more time. How the F*** he missed the end zone hold is beyond me. I'd bet my next paycheck the non call was deliberate given who we were playing.

GloryDayz
12-22-2011, 06:20 PM

I respectfully think this is part of dealing with it. It may not happen over night, but the sooner a light is shown on it, and shown again, only then might we get some consistent calls.

PunkinDrublic
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
If I were at that game I would be patiently waiting by the tunnel after the game so I could dump a warm cup of my piss over the refs head.

Dartgod
09-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Hali is still being blatantly held and not getting calls. Infuriating.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Tamba was a madman last night. His pressure was huge in the result of the game. Hats off to him as well.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Houston got held a lot against the Cowboys. Only got called like once.

Frazod
09-20-2013, 05:37 PM
We're almost through this spate of NFC East fuckers. They always own the officials, except when they're playing each other. After the Giants, who we should beat at home despite official oversight, we should be off their fucking radar for a while - at least until we play St. Manning and the Crisco Kids. Especially if we keep winning, because we're on the verge of turning into the NFL feelgood flavor of the month.

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
We're almost through this spate of NFC East fuckers. They always own the officials, except when they're playing each other. After the Giants, who we should beat at home despite official oversight, we should be off their fucking radar for a while - at least until we play St. Manning and the Crisco Kids. Especially if we keep winning, because we're on the verge of turning into the NFL feelgood flavor of the month.

True. It was tough enough getting calls against the Pokes. Getting them against the Neckbones will be near nil.

Demonpenz
09-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Vick had hali hugging air yesterday...pissed me off. Hali is still awesome though.

Valiant
09-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Vick had hali hugging air yesterday...pissed me off. Hali is still awesome though.

He did whiff four times on Vick..

Pasta Giant Meatball
09-20-2013, 05:56 PM
TAMHOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUSSSSSS