Mile High Mania
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
overall / division / conference / remaining schedule

Denver 8-6 / 3-2 / 6-4 / @ Bills vs Chiefs
Raiders 7-7 / 2-2 / 5-5 / @ KC vs Chargers
Chargers 7-7 / 2-3 / 6-4 / @ Lions @ Raiders
Chiefs 6-8 / 2-2 / 3-7 / vs Raiders @ Broncos

First glance ...

Chargers have the toughest road to rally (yes, I realize the Chiefs are 6-8), but with 3 division losses already and their remaining games are road games, starting in Detroit. I think it's going to be too late for them this time around. I was very surprised at how poorly the Ravens played, but it happens... I don't see SD winning at Detroit though. So, it's very likely all over for them if they lose.

Chiefs host the Raiders... the loser of this one can pretty much say "Adios Mofo" to the playoffs. It's in KC and at this time of year, that's just not a place you want to be playing football. I think the Chiefs will win this one, especially if they play like they did yesterday. However, I think it will be a pretty entertaining game.

Broncos travel to the Bills... the Bills were hot early at 5-2, but they have lost 7 straight games. This is by no means a slam dunk for Denver, they haven't earned the right to think any game is a gimme... but, if they play as they have been and the defense erases the Patriot game quickly from their memory... Denver should be able to win this one.

What will happen...

I think the Chiefs defeat the Raiders and the Lions defeat the Chargers. Raiders and Chargers will be 7-8 overall and needing help that the likes of Tebow couldn't even summon.

Chiefs would move to 7-8 as well, 3-2 in the division... moving up to 2nd place, behind Denver.

If Denver defeats the Bills... they're 9-6 and winners of the division, making Week 17 meaningless. (should SD and OAK both lose, that is).

If Denver loses at the Bills... they're 8-7 with a 3-2 record, having already won in KC. This makes the Week 17 game worth everything, because if KC could win in Denver... they tie Denver at 8-8, but would surpass them with a 4-2 divisional record.

So, that's just one scenario... but, either way - I do think we'll have a meaningful week 17 game with Denver hosting KC.

Mile High Mania
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Soooo... this week, we need the Broncos, Lions and Chiefs to win... those are the only 3 games I'm concerned with - nothing else matters. And, yes, I typed 'we need' on a Chiefs' board.

Ebolapox
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
'we' need the broncos to win? YOU do, but 'we' don't.

CaliforniaChief
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
The Denver/Buffalo game is virtually impossible to predict. There's so many unknowns in the game. Has Buffalo given up, or are they due? I do think the Lions will find a way to win against SD. Oak/KC is a toss-up to me.

Mile High Mania
12-19-2011, 09:03 AM
'we' need the broncos to win? YOU do, but 'we' don't.

See, you've got it all wrong... I correctly used the word 'we'. :D

The Denver/Buffalo game is virtually impossible to predict. There's so many unknowns in the game. Has Buffalo given up, or are they due? I do think the Lions will find a way to win against SD. Oak/KC is a toss-up to me.

Yeah, hopefully ... we have a few good games.

Mile High Mania
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm waiting for confirmation... but, I read something that alluded to the fact that if Denver and KC win this week (no matter what SD does), then Denver wins the division.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
There's a very good chance that POS Marion Barber ends up costing KC the division title by running out of bounds at Pile High. Of course you can also say genius Haley starting Falco so many games did the trick.

jd1020
12-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm waiting for confirmation... but, I read something that alluded to the fact that if Denver and KC win this week (no matter what SD does), then Denver wins the division.

They will. Denver and SD would be the only teams possible of 9 wins and Denver wins the tie breaker between them and SD.

jd1020
12-19-2011, 01:31 PM
There's a very good chance that POS Marion Barber ends up costing KC the division title by running out of bounds at Pile High. Of course you can also say genius Haley starting Falco so many games did the trick.

Don't forget Cassels screen pass interception against the Chargers.

2bikemike
12-19-2011, 02:46 PM
This is shaping up to be quite the divisional race of absolute suck. Neither team has done enough to deserve playoffs IMHO. But this is the sysetm we have and its really not that bad of a system. (every division ensured a spot)

I do not want the Chargers to rally into the playoffs. However I am not so sure they lose to Detroit. Really don't want to see Denver in the playoffs either, but I would rather they go than SD. The Denver / Buffalo game is going to be close. It will be a hard game to predict.

I think it would be a riot if all 4 teams ended 8-8. Would that be historic? Would the Chiefs really win the division with all the Tie Breakers?

This could be a very interesting end to the season. Of course it could all blow up this weekend.

Three7s
12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
If everything came down to KC vs Denver, it's a guarantee that SNF will be all over that one.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-19-2011, 03:16 PM
could you image the hype of a winner takes all KC vs Denver final game. Orton vs Tebow, yea I would say NBC would be all over that one

Mile High Mania
12-21-2011, 06:06 AM

LMAO Yeah, it has nothing to do with KC being 6-8 2 weeks after that CHI/DEN game...

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 06:21 AM
Too bad we didn't fire Haley earlier in the season. We'd have the division wrapped up by now.

Mile High Mania
12-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Too bad we didn't fire Haley earlier in the season. We'd have the division wrapped up by now.

It's funny what a difference 1 game makes... many here are also singing the praises of Orton, a QB that many of those same people lambasted for years.

Injuries primarily killed KC's season...

bevischief
12-21-2011, 06:52 AM
It's funny what a difference 1 game makes... many here are also singing the praises of Orton, a QB that many of those same people lambasted for years.

Injuries primarily killed KC's season...

yep.

Hydrae
12-21-2011, 07:54 AM
could you image the hype of a winner takes all KC vs Denver final game. Orton vs Tebow, yea I would say NBC would be all over that one

Unless the Giants and Cowboys are in the same position. Then they would wind up with the SNF game.

Carlota69
12-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Unless the Giants and Cowboys are in the same position. Then they would wind up with the SNF game.

Yeah, thats probably true, but Tebow vs Orton is more drama, yet NY vs DAL is the NFL princess show.

Im interested in seeing how active the refs will be in the DEN game and KC game this week. How much does the NFL want to see DEN vs KC (tebow vs orton) mean something in week 17? Yes, the tin foil hat is on....:)

ReynardMuldrake
12-21-2011, 08:06 AM

I'm still pissed off about that Pittsburgh game.

Dexter Manley
12-21-2011, 08:08 AM
I believe...

that the Chiefs can win the AFC West, this season.

Just match the Raiders, personal foul for personal foul, sucker punch for sucker punch...

Dartgod
12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
I believe...

that the Chiefs can win the AFC West, this season.

Just match the Raiders, personal foul for personal foul, sucker punch for sucker punch...

If only we had JASON BABIN!!

Mile High Mania
12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Yeah, thats probably true, but Tebow vs Orton is more drama, yet NY vs DAL is the NFL princess show.

Im interested in seeing how active the refs will be in the DEN game and KC game this week. How much does the NFL want to see DEN vs KC (tebow vs orton) mean something in week 17? Yes, the tin foil hat is on....:)

I'm not sure that visions of Tebow vs Orton are in their thought process to be quite honest with you.

Denver can prove whether or not last week's start last week was a fluke or not by going out and doing something similar @ the Bills. Let them hang around and Denver could be SOL... set the tempo early, but then do not stumble around in the second quarter. The defense has a few things to make up for as well this week.

In week 16, Denver can win AFC West title in two ways:
1) Win plus an Oakland loss or tie
2) Tie plus an Oakland loss and a San Diego loss or tie.

The Broncos can clinch a playoff spot if they win plus a Jets loss and a Bengals loss and a Titans loss or tie.

So, in reality... two games matter this week - Broncos and Chiefs both need to win. Both games kick off at noon on Saturday...

C'mon KC! A victory by the Chiefs on Saturday (coupled with Denver winning) can bring a division title to Denver.

Warrior5
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM

This is how I also understand it.

So, however unlikely, I'll hope the Bills find a way to beat your Denver Douchebags. That's the extent of my mud-slinging for now.

If the Bills win, Bolts lose, and Chiefs win, it will be on next week...

jd1020
12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
The Denver game should be over before the Chiefs game because the clock in the Denver game will never stop. So, IF Denver manages to win and the Chiefs game is close, I hope the Chiefs pack it in and let Oakland win. That way there's still a chance NFL doesn't have to be embarrassed by having Tebow in the playoffs and Oakland is that much closer to giving up 2 firsts for Palmer.

ROYC75
12-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Nice try Brad.

BFTR, if it all played out and it came down to KC vs Denver for the title, the winner can always boast it was the best of all the AFC Worst. :shrug:

Ugly Duck
12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I figure the Chargers will win.... they looked damn good last week. Dunno how to pick the KC/OAK game.... Chiefs looked like they woke up with Orton under center. Anybody who picks a Denver game is fooling themselves - you just don't know with that unconventional system they have.

jd1020
12-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I figure the Chargers will win.... they looked damn good last week. Dunno how to pick the KC/OAK game.... Chiefs looked like they woke up with Orton under center. Anybody who picks a Denver game is fooling themselves - you just don't know with that unconventional system they have.

Denvers defense, alone, should be good enough to beat BUF.

KurtCobain
12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
It's going to feel good next year when we're 11-5/12-4ish and all the talking heads are going on about our THIRD STRAIGHT playoff appearance.

jd1020
12-21-2011, 04:16 PM
It's going to feel good next year when we're 11-5/12-4ish and all the talking heads are going on about our THIRD STRAIGHT playoff appearance.

Who's the QB?

Ugly Duck
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
It's going to feel good next year when we're 11-5/12-4

Chiefs will play Steelers & Ravens & Saints & Falcons & Panthers & TBD from the AFC East & South. 11-12 wins is optimistic, don'tcha think?

Mile High Mania
12-21-2011, 07:55 PM

You're just bitter about all the picks you gave up for Palmer...

ChiefsandO'sfan
12-23-2011, 06:34 PM
SI_PeterKingPeter King

Many have asked about Wk 17 flex game. Will be decided betw Sat eve and early Tues. I believe if KC-Den is AFC West title game, that's it.

O.city
12-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Chiefs will play Steelers & Ravens & Saints & Falcons & Panthers & TBD from the AFC East & South. 11-12 wins is optimistic, don'tcha think?

I think we seen this year that you can't count the chickens before the eggs hatch.

If we get healthy next year and were to say get Manning in here as a free agent, I think 11 or 12 wins would be possible.

JD10367
12-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I can easily see this weekend setting up perfectly. The Bills can beat Denver (who, despite the win streak, has never overpowered anyone). KC can beat Oakland in Arrowhead. The Lions can beat SD.

Not only would I love this as a Chiefs supporter, it would be great drama for the final week (since the only other division up for grabs is the NFCE).

jd1020
12-23-2011, 07:09 PM
I can easily see this weekend setting up perfectly. The Bills can beat Denver (who, despite the win streak, has never overpowered anyone). KC can beat Oakland in Arrowhead. The Lions can beat SD.

Not only would I love this as a Chiefs supporter, it would be great drama for the final week (since the only other division up for grabs is the NFCE).

AFCN

JD10367
12-23-2011, 07:11 PM
AFCN

True, but both Pitt and Balt are already in the playoffs, so it's not that big of a deal, it's just a seeding thing.

jd1020
12-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Chiefs could be in the playoffs because of who the Broncos cut and the Chargers could be in the playoffs because of who the Chiefs cut. Rivers has 4 games with a rating over 100 this year. 3 have come in every game since signing Gaither and he hasn't thrown and INT yet. Gotta love this division.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-23-2011, 07:22 PM
I just can't believe that this division sucks so bad that a college football team is about to win it.

Mile High Mania
12-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Here we go!

Go Broncos...

Mile High Mania
12-24-2011, 03:10 PM
There were two horrible calls early, but Denver crapped the bed late and often in this one.

Ebolapox
12-24-2011, 03:17 PM
There were two horrible calls early, but Tebow crapped the bed late and often in this one.

fixed it. still believe that tebow is the answer at QB?

Mile High Mania
12-24-2011, 07:11 PM
fixed it. still believe that tebow is the answer at QB?

Not sure, I have had one foot on and one got off the bandwagon. The team still has a few serious holes that need fixing and I'm not convinced that he cannot be a strong leader of the team.

tk13
12-24-2011, 07:19 PM
The unbelievable story after today is that Oakland is very much alive for the last wild card spot. AFC West could still get 2 teams in. Right now Oakland is the first team out behind Cincy, and Cincy has to play Baltimore next week. Ravens have to win to get the division/1st round bye too. A lot of different things could happen though because TENN/NYJ are in the mix too.

Ugly Duck
12-24-2011, 08:05 PM
The unbelievable story after today is that Oakland is very much alive for the last wild card spot. AFC West could still get 2 teams in. Right now Oakland is the first team out behind Cincy, and Cincy has to play Baltimore next week. Ravens have to win to get the division/1st round bye too.

So if Denver & OAK both win & go to 9-7, Broncos get the division. But if the Ravens also win, OAK gets the wildcard. I guess then Denver would play Pitt & OAK would play... probably Houston?

-King-
12-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Damn, the Jets are likely to take that last playoff spot right? Fooling with the playoff machine, only way they lose it is if they lose AND Cinci wins and I just don't see that happening. I thought they were done after today. Oh well, guess they make it, win a playoff game, and people jump back on Sanchez's nuts for no reason.

jd1020
12-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Damn, the Jets are likely to take that last playoff spot right? Fooling with the playoff machine, only way they lose it is if they lose AND Cinci wins and I just don't see that happening. I thought they were done after today. Oh well, guess they make it, win a playoff game, and people jump back on Sanchez's nuts for no reason.

Tennessee can still take the spot with a win.

-King-
12-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Tennessee can still take the spot with a win.

Lol thanks. I was overlooking that matchup for some reason.

R8RFAN
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM

Jets can't take the last playoff spot if the Raiders win, we beat them head to head