PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefsplanet, the bastion of negativity, too positive?

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
The general consensus around here, even from those who felt Haley was far and away the biggest problem with the Chiefs, seems to be that Cassel is done in KC.

However, the overwhelming feeling that I'm hearing in both the national and local media is that Cassel will be the starter next season.

What say you?

DaKCMan AP
12-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:00 AM
He will be here, Orton will be traded for pick or picks and we will draft some random RG in the first round.

Thats the Chiefs way...

Bwana
12-20-2011, 09:01 AM
He will be here, Orton will be traded for pick or picks and we will draft some random RG in the first round.

Thats the Chiefs way...

Traded? Ummm

talastan
12-20-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm just going ahead and expecting it, and if it doesn't happen then I'll be pleasently surprised.

Brock

Thats the Chiefs way...

Orton won't be traded for anything.

Chiefs=Good
No. If he starts week 1, i will not be watching the chiefs next year.

Chiefs=Good
12-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I foresee a rookie qb, Orton and Stanzi as our qbs next year.

mlyonsd
Only way I can see him still being here is if Orton says FU to KC and signs with someone else.

Brock
I voted no, just because I'll have no reason to pay attention to the Chiefs if I'm wrong. That would be very, very, very disappointing. More disappointing than a first round playoff loss.

Marcellus
12-20-2011, 09:04 AM

Thats the Chiefs way...

Warning: Your opinion may be slightly downgrade on the credibility scale by the fact that you apparently have no clue WTF you are talking about.

FringeNC
12-20-2011, 09:06 AM
If Orton plays well these next two games, Clark Hunt may make the decision easy for Scott Pioli. If he can't cut Matt Cassel, Hunt may.

Sofa King
12-20-2011, 09:07 AM

I hope so.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Warning: Your opinion may be slightly downgrade on the credibility scale by the fact that you apparently have no clue WTF you are talking about.

Its not an opinion...

Its nothing more than the Chiefs way...

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Orton won't be traded for anything.

even better..

Brock
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Its not an opinion...

It's an erroneous opinion. Orton will be a free agent and can't be traded.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.

I think I'm the opposite.

I don't see how anybody with half a brain couldn't see how horrible Cassel is.

But at the end of the day, I don't have any faith in Pioli - I think he's absolutely in love with Cassel.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:11 AM
It's an erroneous opinion. Orton will be a free agent and can't be traded.

then they will release him.

Makes zero fucking difference does it?

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:11 AM

But at the end of the day, I don't have any faith in Pioli - I think he's absolutely in love with Cassel.

Pretty much...

Next year is a huge bust already...

Gonzo
12-20-2011, 09:13 AM
then they will release him.

Makes zero ****ing difference does it?

Orton's contract is up this year, man. He can sign with whomever he wants.

trndobrd
12-20-2011, 09:15 AM
The Magic 8-ball says 'Watch the next two games'. If Orton looks like he did against GB for the next two games, it becomes a simple decision. There is no way (save sheer stupidity, which is always an option) to keep Cassel around with his current contract to be a back up. Pioli might not be the best judge of talent, but Clark knows how to save money.

If Orton fornicates the canine, we are screwed.

KCUnited
12-20-2011, 09:20 AM
The Haley firing has exonerated Cassel to this FO. Slate wiped clean, I voted yes.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Orton's contract is up this year, man. He can sign with whomever he wants.

right, I was wrong in Terms of Orton...

Jesus ladies.

Deberg_1990
12-20-2011, 09:23 AM
If Cassel is the starter next year after what we witnessed from Orton the other day, im done with this team as long as Pioli is in charge.

Pestilence
12-20-2011, 09:26 AM
What I hope will happen:

Sign Orton to a 1-2 year deal.
Draft a QB in the 1st round.
Go into next year with Orton, Stanzi and the rookie as our QBs.

What will probably happen:

Sign Orton to a 5 year deal.
Draft a RT in the 1st round.
Orton and Cassel have a cripple fight for the starting QB position.

Fritz88
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Not sure. Maybe Pioli learned from the Haley mistake.

I will know for sure when we hire the new coach. Will he be a puppet? Or will Pioli hire someone who does decide what QB stays in his team.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
12-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Yes...he will.

BigChiefTablet
12-20-2011, 09:30 AM
I think the poll "will Matt Cassel be the 2012 starter for the Chiefs" should have a third option of

"God I hope not, but I have this nagging fear that our front office is just that f-ing stupid."

Sofa King
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
What I hope will happen:

^This.

LMAO

Dave Lane
12-20-2011, 09:33 AM
This site's name should be changed to Kneejerkreactionplanet.com

or at least the lounge.

Dayze
12-20-2011, 09:34 AM
What I hope will happen:

...that's exactly what will happen. LMAO

Dave Lane
12-20-2011, 09:34 AM
What I hope will happen:

Amen brother amen.

DaKCMan AP
12-20-2011, 09:37 AM
What I hope will happen:

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:40 AM
The Magic 8-ball says 'Watch the next two games'. If Orton looks like he did against GB for the next two games, it becomes a simple decision. There is no way (save sheer stupidity, which is always an option) to keep Cassel around with his current contract to be a back up. Pioli might not be the best judge of talent, but Clark knows how to save money.

If Orton fornicates the canine, we are screwed.

Check the part in bold...

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.

pretty much this, he should be axed but there are so many scenarios he would come back. So it's a pain in the ass to see which they are seeing things. especially with this bullshit with McDaniels possibly being an OC candidate after he's fired by the Rams.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I think the poll "will Matt Cassel be the 2012 starter for the Chiefs" should have a third option of

"God I hope not, but I have this nagging fear that our front office is just that f-ing stupid."

I thought about it.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
The Haley firing has exonerated Cassel to this FO. Slate wiped clean, I voted yes.

That is my fear.

It seems to have worked for some of the fans.

WV
12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Voted no, but I have no confidence in my vote.

KC_Lee
12-20-2011, 09:43 AM
What I hope will happen:

I fear you are correct. :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Pestilence
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM

I don't understand how though.

Orton came in....and in one game, proved that Cassel was a fucking fraud.

Brock
12-20-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't understand how though.

Orton came in....and in one game, proved that Cassel was a fucking fraud.

Let's hope he continues to hammer nails into that coffin.

Pestilence
12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Let's hope he continues to hammer nails into that coffin.

It's pretty much a double-edged sword right now. On one hand.....if Orton comes in and beats the Raiders and the Broncos.....Cassel has to be finished. But if he does that....then we're probably fucked out of a QB in the 1st round.

Sofa King
12-20-2011, 09:49 AM
It's pretty much a double-edged sword right now. On one hand.....if Orton comes in and beats the Raiders and the Broncos.....Cassel has to be finished. But if he does that....then we're probably ****ed out of a QB in the 1st round.

Cassel has to go, under any circumstance.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
It's pretty much a double-edged sword right now. On one hand.....if Orton comes in and beats the Raiders and the Broncos.....Cassel has to be finished. But if he does that....then we're probably ****ed out of a QB in the 1st round.

As much as I want a 1st round QB, I don't really want ANY 1st round QB (I'm looking at you, Landry Jones).

I think getting rid of Cassel has to be THE priority right now. If he's still around, they will be too tempted to think he can be the present AND the future.

I honestly don't think that they draft a QB in the 1st if Cassel is still here. He has to be gone for them to consider it.

bevischief
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
What I hope will happen:

This will more than likely happen...

Brock
12-20-2011, 09:55 AM
It's pretty much a double-edged sword right now. On one hand.....if Orton comes in and beats the Raiders and the Broncos.....Cassel has to be finished. But if he does that....then we're probably fucked out of a QB in the 1st round.

I don't think we're even in the running for a QB, but if Clark Hunt wants one, he will have to make the decision to go get one, no matter what it costs.

DaKCMan AP
As much as I want a 1st round QB, I don't really want ANY 1st round QB (I'm looking at you, Landry Jones).

I think getting rid of Cassel has to be THE priority right now. If he's still around, they will be too tempted to think he can be the present AND the future.

I honestly don't think that they draft a QB in the 1st if Cassel is still here. He has to be gone for them to consider it.

It's pretty simple. Drafting a QB in R1 is not completely within their control. Other teams can draft a QB, trade up, or refuse to trade down. However, getting rid of Cassel is 100% within their control. Failing to rid the franchise of him is inexcusable.

loochy

That is covered under the YES option, which I voted for.

Pestilence
I don't want Landry Jones either. I'd rather have Foles over Jones.

I think it comes down to if they give Orton a contract. If they sign him to a 1-2 year deal....then Cassel has to go. You're not paying a $5 million bonus for a backup QB. And Orton has already proven that he doesn't want to be a backup.

lewdog
12-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I am in for Cassel coming back as the QB and for all the people who said "if Cassel is back I am switching teams" to get the fuck off Chiefs Planet!

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 09:59 AM
23 no votes so far, 9 yes votes.

Pretty much the opposite of what I've been hearing on 810, ESPN, and NFLN.

I think this might need another poll. I wonder if the media talking heads really think Cassel can be a good QB, whereas most here are convinced he cannot ever be.

Brock
12-20-2011, 10:00 AM
I am in for Cassel coming back as the QB and for all the people who said "if Cassel is back I am switching teams" to get the fuck off Chiefs Planet!

not sure if serious

suds79
12-20-2011, 10:01 AM
I am in for Cassel coming back as the QB and for all the people who said "if Cassel is back I am switching teams" to get the **** off Chiefs Planet!

This is a great example of no matter how painfully obvious something is, there will always be those 5 percenters out there who just see the world differently.

You keep on supporting mediocrity.

tecumseh
A little premature to poll this. I'm with the "wait and see how Orton does in the last to games" group. I do think Cassel with be on the roster nest year though. This is a huge draft for Pioli.
If he can somehow bundle Cassel and picks for a high trade, then pick RGIII that would be capital to building success.

bevischief
negativity there is no negativity on here...

Thig Lyfe
12-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Cassel can't be the starter next year. He just can't be. It cannot happen. CANNOT.

Lzen
12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
I can't help but think Pioli and the Chiefs cannot possibly be that stupid.

I said after that Denver game that I will not spend another dime on the Chiefs until they get rid of Cassel and do something about the QB position.

Palko and Cassel? WTF were they thinking going into the season with those 2 stooges playing the most important position on the field?

lewdog
12-20-2011, 10:03 AM
This is a great example of no matter how painfully obvious something is, there will always be those 5 percenters out there who just see the world differently.

You keep on supporting mediocrity.

I thought this poll was voting for what you think the Chiefs WILL do not what they SHOULD do?

I don't want Cassel more than the next guy but I don't see Pioli not wanting his boy to play.

Douche Baggins
12-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm going to put faith in Pioli to make a sound, rational decision.

No one can objectively look at Orton's body of work vs Cassel's the last three seasons and conclude Cassel is the superior player.

Shag
I voted no because I have to - I can't believe Cassel will be back and continue to be a fan...

I have zero confidence in that vote, however.

Marcellus
Its not an opinion...

To trade a player who is not even under contract?

Are we going to sign and trade him?

Come on dude, pay attention.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 10:05 AM
A little premature to poll this. I'm with the "wait and see how Orton does in the last to games" group. I do think Cassel with be on the roster nest year though. This is a huge draft for Pioli.
If he can somehow bundle Cassel and picks for a high trade, then pick RGIII that would be capital to building success.

Not premature at all.

Schefter and Mort have been saying since before the Green Bay game that it didn't matter how well Orton plays, Cassel is coming back.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I thought this poll was voting for what you think the Chiefs WILL do not what they SHOULD do?

That's correct.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Firing Haley when they did made him the fall guy for this season. Cassel will return, and Orton will get a 3+ year deal from a team like Seattle.

Mr. Kotter
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but unless we somehow move up in the draft to snag one of the top three QBs (or unless Manning were to end up in KC)....we are likely looking at one more chance for Cassel.

Lzen
12-20-2011, 10:07 AM
What I hope will happen:

I hope for scenario 1, but if you look at the positive, scenario 2 would still be much better than what we started with this season. I'm assuming, of course, that Orton would easily win that contest. That being said, I still want to see what we have in Stanzi.

Chiefnj2
12-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Orton isn't going to want to sign a 1 or 2 year deal.

Mr. Kotter
12-20-2011, 10:09 AM
What I hope will happen:

Exactly my thought. :huh:

KCFalcon59
12-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I have lost all faith that the Chiefs will do what needs to be done.

BigChiefTablet
12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
I hope I'm wrong, but unless we somehow move up in the draft to snag one of the top three QBs (or unless Manning were to end up in KC)....we are likely looking at one more chance for Cassel.

This is my worst nightmare, and all the more terrifying because of how possible it is.

lewdog
12-20-2011, 10:16 AM
So the majority of people actually think the Chiefs WILL DO the right thing and not bring Cassel back as the starter? You obviously haven't watched this franchise for the past 20 years and its down right absurdity in loyalty to players and shitty QBs.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Orton isn't going to want to sign a 1 or 2 year deal.

Yep.

Lzen
12-20-2011, 10:20 AM
I am in for Cassel coming back as the QB and for all the people who said "if Cassel is back I am switching teams" to get the **** off Chiefs Planet!

That's it! You, sir, can kiss that n00b of the year trophy goodbye!

Dick Bull
12-20-2011, 10:28 AM

No kidding.

In politics that statement would be the equivalent of punching a baby in the face on national tv.

Chief Faithful
12-20-2011, 10:29 AM
So the majority of people actually think the Chiefs WILL DO the right thing and not bring Cassel back as the starter? You obviously haven't watched this franchise for the past 20 years and its down right absurdity in loyalty to players and shitty QBs.

One thing we can thank Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley for is they cleaned house throughout Arrowhead. To predict what will happen based on the Peterson and Steadman years is to ignore everything that has happened the last 3 years. Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli are from a different school of thinking and would not think twice about canning Cassel if a better option presents itself. It would be no different than when Pioli and Belichick decided to keep Brady over Beldsoe.

Dick Bull
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't know. I can tell you that if Orton plays the next two like the one he did Sunday it would appear that he should be the starter. That's if they name Romeo the head coach. If someone else's named the head coach there's no telling.

keg in kc
12-20-2011, 10:30 AM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.Yep.

DaKCMan AP
12-20-2011, 10:32 AM
One thing we can thank Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli and Todd Haley for is they cleaned house throughout Arrowhead. To predict what will happen based on the Peterson and Steadman years is to ignore everything that has happened the last 3 years. Clark Hunt and Scott Pioli are from a different school of thinking and would not think twice about canning Cassel if a better option presents itself. It would be no different than when Pioli and Belichick decided to keep Brady over Beldsoe.

When has Pioli demonstrated that with the Chiefs? A key ingredient to that combo is not in KC.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 10:35 AM

On what evidence do you base the opinion in bold?

Noss
12-20-2011, 10:52 AM

May your foreseeing come true.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 11:00 AM
To trade a player who is not even under contract?

Are we going to sign and trade him?

Come on dude, pay attention.

We brought in Cassel to lead the way...

Its the Chiefs, dont ever under estimate the Chiefs...

Bane
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I would hope not but I think Pioli brings him back.

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Pioli can attach Cassel to Haley & live to fight another day
Cassel is done

BoneKrusher
12-20-2011, 11:08 AM

if this doesnt happen, we should be in the market for a new GM. ;)

lewdog
12-20-2011, 12:03 PM

No kidding.

In politics that statement would be the equivalent of punching a baby in the face on national tv.

I said I am "in" meaning this is what the franchise will do, NOT what I want!!!

lewdog
12-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.

Exactly....so I voted with my brain.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Well Stan Weber certainly likes Orton a lot more than Cassel.

lewdog
12-20-2011, 12:26 PM

Well I hope you are right. I am just skeptical that Pioli's brain is bigger than his ego with the QB issues this team has, especially the issues related to Mathew Casshole.

ChiefsCountry
12-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Cassel = Pioli's ego. It was his scouting, his draft pick, his trade, and his big signing. He thinks he is smarter than everybody else and Cassel is proof of that, so more than likely we will be seeing Casshole in 2012.

KC Tattoo
12-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Chiefs will do whatever it takes to keep a rookie from taking snaps as a starter for the unforeseen future. For every snap a retread QB takes is detremental to the success of playoff victory & goal of winning a Super Bowl. It is and shall ever be that way.

Orton is an upgrade over Cassel, whoopty fucking do. Even if he is as good as Trent Green, Trent Green only gave us 5 years that failed to win in the playoffs. Orton is a guy who can throw 3 touchdowns one week then turn around and throw 3 ints the next. Good enough to win a few here and there to keep the fans hope alive and then get crushed in the end. That's what my expectations are. Long live the true fan inside all of us.

fucking draft and play a rookie for future success please. Is that too much to ask?

Frazod
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Pioli may be married to that turd, but I don't think Clark is, and I think Clark realizes that there will be many empty seats next season if Cassel is still on the team.

Pestilence
12-20-2011, 12:47 PM
Chiefs will do whatever it takes to keep a rookie from taking snaps as a starter for the unforeseen future. For every snap a retread QB takes is detremental to the success of playoff victory & goal of winning a Super Bowl. It is and shall ever be that way.

Orton is an upgrade over Cassel, whoopty fucking do. Even if he is as good as Trent Green, Trent Green only gave us 5 years that failed to win in the playoffs. Orton is a guy who can throw 3 touchdowns one week then turn around and throw 3 ints the next. Good enough to win a few here and there to keep the fans hope alive and then get crushed in the end. That's what my expectations are. Long live the true fan inside all of us.

fucking draft and play a rookie for future success please. Is that too much to ask?

Have you seen the patience of our fans? The rookie would throw 3 INTs in his first game and everyone would be screaming bust.

BigChiefTablet
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM

Orton is an upgrade over Cassel, whoopty ****ing do. Even if he is as good as Trent Green, Trent Green only gave us 5 years that failed to win in the playoffs. Orton is a guy who can throw 3 touchdowns one week then turn around and throw 3 ints the next. Good enough to win a few here and there to keep the fans hope alive and then get crushed in the end. That's what my expectations are. Long live the true fan inside all of us.

****ing draft and play a rookie for future success please. Is that too much to ask?

Talk of Orton aside, the KC offense under Trent Green could score at will. And the thing that caused 5 years of failing to win in the playoffs was the complete lack of anything resembling a defense.

People need to quit bashing Trent Green and wake the fuck up to the fact that it takes more than just a QB to win. Yes, we absolutely must rid ourselves of Cassel and figure something out for the long term future of the quarterback position. But we can do a lot worse than Orton as a stop gap, and we certainly have done a lot worse over the last several years.

OnTheWarpath58
12-20-2011, 12:55 PM

Welp, at least one guy couldn't see it.

And that guy went on to not only trade for Cassel, but gave him $60M before he ever took a snap when we already had him locked in under the tag for a year.

boogblaster
12-20-2011, 12:58 PM
hopefully casshole will be cut traded spayed or just be-headed ......

whoman69
12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Whether its true and if it should be true are definitely 2 different things. Cassel should not return to this team. He beats poor teams, that's it. He was 1-1 in 2010 against teams that finished with winning records and crapped his pants in both games. He cannot lead this team because he can't get the ball downfield. After Haley yelled at him, he played well for a few weeks then went back to his safe zone, the check down. He can't put the ball where receivers need for it to be. He can't get the ball to a receiver whois not wide open, or perhaps won't try. He can't direct the protection. He doesn't have a deep ball. He even has to take a sack on a hail mary with a 3 man rush because he needs too much space to try to throw over 45 yards.

Whether Scott Pioli believes that to be the case...

I keep Orton as a safety valve backup or spot starter if Stanzi or our rookie is not ready to take over next year. We can't have another year with Palko and a rookie with no camp as our backups.

KC Tattoo
12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Have you seen the patience of our fans? The rookie would throw 3 INTs in his first game and everyone would be screaming bust.

I have recognized that fact for a long time. Sucks to be me for having my soul married to the Chiefs.

It's ok for a retread to throw INTs but heaven forbid we let a rook make mistakes to grow from with the development of team and continuity that goes with it. The WRs get better with knowing what the QB is all about from being conditioned with stability at the number one important spot on the roster. It's all a growth with the team that turns teams franchises around from draft pick prospects mostly starting at the QB position.

The example of fail for the last 40 years of not playing a rookie QB is at essence of the heart of the problem. Yet true fans prevail in this atrocity for there fear of the Blackledge curse.

Mostly this franchise with fan base needs to grow a set of testicles with fortitude.

crazycoffey
12-20-2011, 02:44 PM

When are we going to stop using this thought?
Carl is gone, and so is the that stupid management style.

As long as Orton plays the last two games well, he'll get an offer to stay, if he takes it - Cassel will be part of a packaged trade to miami, buffalo, vikings, TB or St Louis. There's been too much talk about McDaniels, so therefore he will not be coming here, it will be some other up and comer for O coordinator and Romeo will stay as HC. We'll also draft a QB in the first round that will start near the end of the season due to injury and we'll all die from blood loss to the stiffy in our pants when we watch him go for 350 and 4 TDs in his first game.

lewdog
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM
When are we going to stop using this thought?
Carl is gone, and so is the that stupid management style.

As long as Orton plays the last two games well, he'll get an offer to stay, if he takes it - Cassel will be part of a packaged trade to miami, buffalo, vikings, TB or St Louis. There's been too much talk about McDaniels, so therefore he will not be coming here, it will be some other up and comer for O coordinator and Romeo will stay as HC. We'll also draft a QB in the first round that will start near the end of the season due to injury and we'll all die from blood loss to the stiffy in our pants when we watch him go for 350 and 4 TDs in his first game.

I guess I will stop using that when they prove they are serious about winning by dumping dillweed Cassel and drafting a QB. I hope to hell your little scenario you wrote out is right.

When Cassel starts the first game of 2012 for the Chiefs will your signature read "I am on my knees blowing the all-knowing lewdog?"

Guru
12-20-2011, 03:31 PM
yep, cassel will be the starter because this franchise loves to piss us off.

bricks
12-20-2011, 03:36 PM
I think it all depends on how it all pans out.

If Orton plays lights out the next two games, gets the team into the playoffs, and wins a playoff game, then there is no question in my mind that they'll lock him up to either a 4or 5 year deal. It's a no brainer. You sign him. Stick with him, and draft the BPA in the draft.

This team is not in position to draft a QB. Sorry guys, I don't think its happening. Unless, they trade up. Which would be nice. But I highly doubt they will. Thats not the Chiefs style nor who they are. They aren't exactly what I'd call gunslingers. I'd expect them to either stand pat or trade down. Imo, they will be picking at about 14-18 range.

*If Orton flunks, then I think they let him walk. And unfortunately that would mean another year of Cassel, and Pioli hiring an OC like McDaniels as a mentor for Cassel. I could see that as another realistic possiblity. It just seems like the type of thingy Pioli would do. I think these next two to three weeks will be interesting.

lewdog
12-20-2011, 03:39 PM
If Orton plays lights out the next two games, gets the team into the playoffs, and wins a playoff game, then there is no question in my mind that they'll lock him up to either a 4or 5 year deal. It's a no brainer. You sign him. Stick with him, and draft the BPA in the draft.

:facepalm:

crazycoffey
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
I guess I will stop using that when they prove they are serious about winning by dumping dillweed Cassel and drafting a QB. I hope to hell your little scenario you wrote out is right.

When Cassel starts the first game of 2012 for the Chiefs will your signature read "I am on my knees blowing the all-knowing lewdog?"

No, maybe "Lewdog is more negative than me and I can now see the errors of my ways in optimism were vastly inaccurate, fuck the chiefs"

Bugeater
12-20-2011, 04:30 PM

That's definitely the option I would choose.

Psyko Tek
12-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Heart says no.
Brain says yes.

this
and I open another beer

rocknrolla
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Pioli may be married to that turd, but I don't think Clark is, and I think Clark realizes that there will be many empty seats next season if Cassel is still on the team.

This is what matters. Filling seats. With Cassel starting next year, it's not going to happen. After seeing Pioli shaking in his boots next to Clark at the last presser. I hope Pioli will realize Cassel isn't a starter.

chagrin
12-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I realize I'm a bit rusty but IIRC Cassel is still in a contract paying him very well. Seems to me like it would make sense to let him and Orton slug it out during camp, then obviously if that isn't good enough they'd start cassell for the first 4 weeks tops, moving Orton in. Obviously Orton would have to "prove" in camp as well as Cassell. IMO I would prefer Cassell get a shot since under Weiss he did very well. If the OC is calling plays, with Haley being gone, shouldn't he get a chance? That being said I have always been a fan of Orton since he played at Purdue. Also I'd love to have a new QB altogether but who's available and who's in the draft we can realistically go after?

Simply Red
12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
This is what matters. Filling seats. With Cassel starting next year, it's not going to happen. After seeing Pioli shaking in his boots next to Clark at the last presser. I hope Pioli will realize Cassel isn't a starter.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2iawrhx.jpg

O.city
12-20-2011, 06:20 PM
If we win out and get into the playoffs, I dont see anyway Cassel is brought back.

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM
If we win out and win a playoff game, I dont see anyway Cassel is brought back.

FYP

spanky 52
12-21-2011, 03:43 AM
If Orton plays well these next two games, Clark Hunt may make the decision easy for Scott Pioli. If he can't cut Matt Cassel, Hunt may.

Maybe silver spoon could cut both Cassel and Pioli. Nah, who am I kidding.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 06:31 AM
I realize I'm a bit rusty but IIRC Cassel is still in a contract paying him very well. Seems to me like it would make sense to let him and Orton slug it out during camp, then obviously if that isn't good enough they'd start cassell for the first 4 weeks tops, moving Orton in. Obviously Orton would have to "prove" in camp as well as Cassell. IMO I would prefer Cassell get a shot since under Weiss he did very well. If the OC is calling plays, with Haley being gone, shouldn't he get a chance? That being said I have always been a fan of Orton since he played at Purdue. Also I'd love to have a new QB altogether but who's available and who's in the draft we can realistically go after?

no.