PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ross Tucker on 810 this morning, just caught the replay...

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Tucker played for New England under BB and was subsequently traded to Cleveland and played under RAC.

Tucker said without any hesitation that the whole way the Browns were run was different. If guys jumped offsides in practice in New England, they ran. In Cleveland, they weren't often punished. When ST practiced in New England, the rest of the team had their assignments. In Cleveland, the offensive line often stood around and watched the other units practice.

He didn't sound very supportive of the idea of Romeo as a HC.

Pants
12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
No wonder the players love RAC.

loochy
12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
I want haley back?

SNR
12-20-2011, 04:40 PM
At this point, I'm so fucking sick of any and all things Patriot Way, that all opposite things look appealing.

Coaches who aren't the biggest disciplinarians have won tons of Super Bowls. There are many reasons not to hire RAC, but this isn't one of them

durtyrute
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Did he mention the difference in talent?
What about the lack of.......I don't know........Tom freaking Brady!

****Romeo for President****

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
At this point, I'm so ****ing sick of any and all things Patriot Way, that all opposite things look appealing.

Coaches who aren't the biggest disciplinarians have won tons of Super Bowls. There are many reasons not to hire RAC, but this isn't one of them

It doesn't sound like Herm to you?

SuperChief
12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye. Charlie Fucking Frye.

suds79
12-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye. Charlie ****ing Frye.

You can sum up almost any coaching hire based on this.

Did they have a QB? If yes? They're a genius. If not, they're nothing.

bricks
12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
It's funny that the year Romeo went 10-6 w/ Cleveland was the same year Derek Anderson lit it up.

Get the man a QB. Plus, this Chiefs team is much much better and way more built than his Browns teams were.

*Im for having him as coach. If the players love him, why not.

Chocolate Hog
12-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Didn't want Romeo anyway.

loochy
12-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye. Charlie Fucking Frye.

Matt Cassel

Mr. Kotter
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
:eek:

Sounds a lot like Edwards to me....

Chiefnj2
12-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm sure that if you compared Belichick in Cleveland and Belichick in NE you'd find differences.

I don't give a crap how he ran things in Cleveland. All I care about are the Oakland and Denver games.

Dave Lane
12-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Matt Cassel

Charlie Frye says fuck that guy, I'd beat him everyday and twice on Tuesday.

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 05:17 PM
You suckforluckers failed
But the OustHaleys won & now we have HermII on our hands

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM
*Im for having him as coach. If the players love him, why not.

If the players LOVE him, I think you gotta think twice.

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Welcome back Club Herm....

Stewie
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
If you listened to the interview you'd understand that Tucker spent only a few days with Cleveland under Romeo. It's not like he went to war in Cleveland.

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
HermII
JoshieI
Overlord Scott

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I want haley back?

Too soon!

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
If you listened to the interview you'd understand that Tucker spent only a few days with Cleveland under Romeo. It's not like he went to war in Cleveland.

He was explaining the differences he observed while there. Are you suggesting they did something completely different for the few days he was there and then did a 180 once he was gone?

FringeNC
12-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Problem is, what are the legit alternatives to Crennel? Jeff Fisher? No thanks.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Problem is, what are the legit alternatives to Crennel? Jeff Fisher? No thanks.

Of all the mediocre choices out there, I'm leaning towards Brian Billick myself. He's had success as an offensive coordinator and success as a HC with a defense.

Brock
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm sure that if you compared Belichick in Cleveland and Belichick in NE you'd find differences.

I don't give a crap how he ran things in Cleveland. All I care about are the Oakland and Denver games.

The only information that matters.

DaWolf
12-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Well, one would hope that Romeo has learned from that first go-around, and will adjust where he needs to. He is not the "hard ass" personality, but maybe that's not exactly what this team needs right now. We sure haven't been consistent with Haley's approach. Some players have thrived, others haven't.

I think the bigger key will be whether we hire good coordinators who will be demanding on the players.

In today's NFL, with less padded practices and the proliferation of offense, the biggest thing is making sure your team is mentally sharp and prepared...

Reerun_KC
12-20-2011, 05:46 PM
The only information that matters at the end of the day.
http://chiefshallofhonor.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Edwards_Herm.jpg

Brock
12-20-2011, 05:48 PM
http://chiefshallofhonor.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Edwards_Herm.jpg

Are there meds for this obsession you have?

Stewie
12-20-2011, 05:49 PM
He was explaining the differences he observed while there. Are you suggesting they did something completely different for the few days he was there and then did a 180 once he was gone?

He said he doesn't know. He wasn't there long enough to matter.

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:02 PM

He could be different now.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
He said he doesn't know. He wasn't there long enough to matter.

Again, do you think it's logical and reasonable to believe that they did things one way one day and completely different the next?

And it's absolutely relevant, when the players are openly campaigning for a coach, to know if the players want him because

1) He's a winner or
2) He takes it easy on them and they don't have to practice as hard.

Just because Haley was a failure doesn't mean this team doesn't need discipline. They absolutely do.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:17 PM
He could be different now.

He could be but is it logical to think he is when the only evidence is to the contrary?

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:20 PM
He could be but is it logical to think he is when the only evidence is to the contrary?

What evidence? The only real evidence about how he is now as a coach is that the Chiefs just beat a team that was favored by 14 points.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:21 PM
What evidence? The only real evidence about how he is now as a coach is that the Chiefs just beat a team that was favored by 14 points.

OK, so now we've completely erased what Tucker said because it doesn't fit what we want to believe. It never happened.

Got it.

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:23 PM
OK, so now we've completely erased what Tucker said because it doesn't fit what we want to believe. It never happened.

Got it.

How long was Tucker with Romeo again?

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:26 PM
How long was Tucker with Romeo again?

It doesn't matter unless one is willing to draw the conclusion that Romeo ran the team one way for a few days and then did a complete 180 the minute Tucker left.

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Got it.

Look, Romeo might flame out again, but if the team plays hard for him the last two games he's a more sure option in my eyes than Fisher or some assistant. He wouldn't be a ten or even five year option, I'd feel good about him next year.

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
By the way hard ass coaches can be just as ineffective as players coaches. Hopeful a coach can find a middle ground.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Look, Romeo might flame out again, but if the team plays hard for him the last two games he's a more sure option in my eyes than Fisher or some assistant. He wouldn't be a ten or even five year option, I'd feel good about him next year.

I can definitely agree with all of that.

I'm not suggesting it's a show-stopper, especially given the alternatives that appear to be (or not to be) out there. But it's worthy of discussion, especially since the Herm era was less than 3 years ago...

BossChief
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
TBH, Im fine with Romeo as long as HE gets to choose his coordinators.

Id like to see him get the job, hire Nolan as his DC (if he is fired in Miami, as assumed) and with some hope, hire a premier offensive coordinator like crater face to run the offense.

I think that would give Romeo the ability to truly succeed in this job because crater face would know what he is doing with quarterbacks and wouldnt stand for a guy like Cassel going forward.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Who the fuck is Ross Tucker?

Why should I care what he says?

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
TBH, Im fine with Romeo as long as HE gets to choose his coordinators.

Id like to see him get the job, hire Nolan as his DC (if he is fired in Miami, as assumed) and with some hope, hire a premier offensive coordinator like crater face to run the offense.

I think that would give Romeo the ability to truly succeed in this job because crater face would know what he is doing with quarterbacks and wouldnt stand for a guy like Cassel going forward.

Which is as it Should be. If McDaniels is the OC we'll know Pioli got his nose where it doesn't belong.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:42 PM
By the way hard ass coaches can be just as ineffective as players coaches. Hopeful a coach can find a middle ground.

Hard ass coaches can definitely be ineffective. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "just as".

I'm having trouble thinking of quote/unquote "players coaches" that were highly successful.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Who the **** is Ross Tucker?

Why should I care what he says?

It was mentioned in the beginning of the thread - he played for RAC/BB in New England and also for RAC in Cleveland.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Of all the mediocre choices out there, I'm leaning towards Brian Billick myself. He's had success as an offensive coordinator and success as a HC with a defense.

Yuck. That moron thought Kyle Boller was a QB.

Messier
12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Hard ass coaches can definitely be ineffective. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say "just as".

I'm having trouble thinking of quote/unquote "players coaches" that were highly successful.

Was Dungy? I'm not sure. He's most likely a coach that found that happy medium.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Yuck. That moron thought Kyle Boller was a QB.

I've already put that out there as a concern and many of the responses were that his QB going into that draft was Tony "I fumble more than Dave Krieg" Banks and his choices were basically Boller, Grossman, or Leftwich. Kind of a rock and shit place.

BigMeatballDave
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
It was mentioned in the beginning of the thread - he played for RAC/BB in New England and also for RAC in Cleveland.

I get that. I'm trying to understand why this Guy has any credibility, other than the fact that he was there for a day.
Not trying to be a dick, just wondering.

I'm okay with Crennel. At least its not McDumbass.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Was Dungy? I'm not sure. He's most likely a coach that found that happy medium.

Dungy is so unassuming, it's hard to tell what style he uses.

I mean, there's guys like Vermeil who cried about guys on his team, but there was also Willie Roaf complaining that he worked them too hard in training camp.

htismaqe
12-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I get that. I'm trying to understand why this Guy has any credibility, other than the fact that he was there for a day.
Not trying to be a dick, just wondering.

I'm okay with Crennel. At least its not McDumbass.

He was there, that's why he has credibility. Whether he saw it first-hand for 1 day or 30 doesn't really matter.

Unless, like I said, you're willing to believe Romeo did things completely different for the short time Tucker was there.

KCUnited
12-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Romeo is going to need some veteran leadership in the locker room, another drawback to him being hired, all the brokedicks Pioli will bring in for him.

sedated
12-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Maybe Romeo learned from his mistakes? :shrug:

I wonder if there is anyone who played for Belichick in both CLE and NE that can comment on what he did differently. I will agree, I heard the interview today and it was pretty alarming.

Chiefnj2
12-20-2011, 08:33 PM

He might have been in camp, but according to NFL.COM he didn't get a single preseason snaps in Cleveland.

HMc
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
He was there, that's why he has credibility. Whether he saw it first-hand for 1 day or 30 doesn't really matter.

Unless, like I said, you're willing to believe Romeo did things completely different for the short time Tucker was there.

You're putting a good deal of stock in the 5-6 year old (and fairly vague) recollections of a small amount of time. And you make out like things being a little different during that is more or less inconceivable and would have required some conscious planning on the part of the head coach.

Basically, a guy that took shots to the head for a living remembers that more than half a decade ago he had different experiences with BB and RAC, the latter of which was very brief. You're really reaching if you read much more into this than that.

aturnis
12-20-2011, 09:30 PM
You're putting a good deal of stock in the 5-6 year old (and fairly vague) recollections of a small amount of time. And you make out like things being a little different during that is more or less inconceivable and would have required some conscious planning on the part of the head coach.

Basically, a guy that took shots to the head for a living remembers that more than half a decade ago he had different experiences with BB and RAC, the latter of which was very brief. You're really reaching if you read much more into this than that.

It's so hard to remember his time working in Cleveland? I remember doing jobs I had for a matter of days over 10 yrs. ago. So, DUH!

This does worry me a bit. I do remember player standing to the side watching special teams in Herm's camp. So inefficient. Do not want a soft, players coach.

You think Crennel changed? First thing he did was switch things around so there was less practice and more class time. Not a bad thing, Haley probably had too little, but still.

FAX
12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
It doesn't sound like Herm to you?

Yep.

Except Romeo is round.

FAX

jlscorpio
12-21-2011, 02:36 AM
would most consider Bill Walsh a players' coach?

KCtotheSB
12-21-2011, 02:43 AM
I heard Bill Cowher snorts coke and has killed many, many, MANY prostitutes in his cocaine-fueled rampages.

KC Tattoo
12-21-2011, 03:01 AM
At this point, I'm so ****ing sick of any and all things Patriot Way, that all opposite things look appealing.

I agree with this post.

I am getting to the point that I can wait another 10 years of removed Patriots hands on our franchise before we win a Super Bowl. I don't want them dick smack Patriots to get a 10th of our Super Bowl credit. Fuck em.

Fruit Ninja
12-21-2011, 03:22 AM
Im reading this thread, and i have no idea what the problem is. one guy made his guy do push ups n the other guy didnt when he made a mistake? hmmm....

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
He's basically confirming what all the Browns fans told me Monday. Crennel is a player's coach and is soft.

http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/cleveland-browns/51439-chiefs-fan-here-what-your-opinions-romeo-crennel.html

KCtotheSB
12-21-2011, 04:39 AM
I agree with this post.

I am getting to the point that I can wait another 10 years of removed Patriots hands on our franchise before we win a Super Bowl. I don't want them dick smack Patriots to get a 10th of our Super Bowl credit. **** em.

That's exactly how the media would play it too if KC does win a Super Bowl anytime in our near future.

"PATRIOT WAY WORKS ITS MAGIC AGAIN!!!!"

"Chiefs win Super Bowl. See page D4"

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:21 AM
He might have been in camp, but according to NFL.COM he didn't get a single preseason snaps in Cleveland.

He was talking about practice habits, so while interesting, it's irrelevant.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM

It describes Romeo's Browns perfectly, though.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
I agree with this post.

I am getting to the point that I can wait another 10 years of removed Patriots hands on our franchise before we win a Super Bowl. I don't want them dick smack Patriots to get a 10th of our Super Bowl credit. **** em.

I asked earlier and nobody answered - if TONS of players coaches have won Super Bowls, who are they?

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM

How long did he practice with the team if he didn't even get a preseason snap?

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Im reading this thread, and i have no idea what the problem is. one guy made his guy do push ups n the other guy didnt when he made a mistake? hmmm....

You don't know what the problem is?

This team has had 2 winning seasons in the past 6. They've had two 4-win seasons and a 2 win season.

The demeanor of the head coach, especially when players are openly campaigning for his hire, is utterly relevant.

This franchise actually already went through this once and it didn't go well AT ALL.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:25 AM
How long did he practice with the team if he didn't even get a preseason snap?

Quit grasping at straws. He was there, it doesn't matter if it was 3 days or 3 weeks. He was there and he saw with his own 2 eyes what went on.

I can't believe the lengths some will go to dismiss things they don't want to hear.

Reerun_KC
12-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Quit grasping at straws. He was there, it doesn't matter if it was 3 days or 3 weeks. He was there and he saw with his own 2 eyes what went on.

I can't believe the lengths some will go to dismiss things they don't want to hear.

That is the best part of CP and being a Chiefs fan... People speculate as fact, make up scenerios and present them as fact and post random thoughts here and present them as fact.

Its what makes this place awesome!

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-21-2011, 08:34 AM
You can sum up almost any coaching hire based on this.

Did they have a QB? If yes? They're a genius. If not, they're nothing.

Thread

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 08:34 AM

Of course there is a difference he was only in camp for a couple of days or the entire preseason.

Zeke
12-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Of course there is a difference he was only in camp for a couple of days or the entire preseason.

Not when it justifies his argument. LMAO

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:43 AM

He was there and participated in practices, which were 180 degrees different than they were in New England and, in Tucker's opinion, soft. Those are the facts.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Not when it justifies his argument. LMAO

So he ran his practices soft but as soon as Tucker left, changed them all back to the way it was done in New England?

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 08:55 AM
So he ran his practices soft but as soon as Tucker left, changed them all back to the way it was done in New England?

Could he have built up the intensity as the camp progressed?

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 09:00 AM

Again, no.

Browns fans pretty much all say Romeo was soft on his players.

Just read the thread I linked.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 09:10 AM
This is interesting but doesn't translate to how effective Crennel would be for the Chiefs. We pretty much have to believe what our own eyes tell us and to do that a short contract ( 1 year) might be the best approach. For the short term I personally like what I have seen so far; both in press conferences and on the field.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 09:13 AM
We pretty much have to believe what our own eyes tell us and to do that a short contract ( 1 year) might be the best approach.

Head coaches don't get 1-year contracts.

Crennel would get a 3-year deal at minimum.

KCUnited
12-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Sorry if repost.

Jim Donovan, Cleveland play by play guy talks a bit about Crennel as a HC, his style, his discipline, etc.

http://www.610sports.com/pages/10085999.php?

Earthling
12-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Head coaches don't get 1-year contracts.

Crennel would get a 3-year deal at minimum.

You can actually make a contract any which way you want to...as long as both parties are in agreement.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 09:34 AM
You can actually make a contract any which way you want to...as long as both parties are in agreement.

And Crennel would be an idiot to agree to a 1-year deal.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 09:53 AM

Possible? Sure.
Probable? Much less likely.

Coogs
12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Isn't the new NFL agreement set up to cater more towards a "players coach" anyway?

And I still don't see why RAC would have to alter his coaching staffs if he is retained as the HC. If things operate the last two weeks the way they did against the Packers, why screw with it? RAC could be the HC and the DC. And if the entire offense performes the way they did against the Pack... I know, Pack defense sux... I'm not sure I would mess with that either. Zeros sacks and 1 pressure. Open receivers. Pretty fair running game... minus the inside the 5 yardline calls... without Charles.

Now we lose vs Oakland or Denver and look like crap doing it, then yes look elsewhere. But status quo might not be bad if RAC is the choice... even if he is a "players coach".

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
And Crennel would be an idiot to agree to a 1-year deal.

Possibly. Not necessarily.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Isn't the new NFL agreement set up to cater more towards a "players coach" anyway?

And I still don't see why RAC would have to alter his coaching staffs if he is retained as the HC. If things operate the last two weeks the way they did against the Packers, why screw with it? RAC could be the HC and the DC. And if the entire offense performes the way they did against the Pack... I know, Pack defense sux... I'm not sure I would mess with that either. Zeros sacks and 1 pressure. Open receivers. Pretty fair running game... minus the inside the 5 yardline calls... without Charles.

Now we lose vs Oakland or Denver and look like crap doing it, then yes look elsewhere. But status quo might not be bad if RAC is the choice... even if he is a "players coach".

Exactly.:thumb:

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Possibly. Not necessarily.

There is literally no way he would do it.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM

I know you framed it in the form of a question but that's actually something I hadn't considered before - good point.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
There is literally no way he would do it.

Can't say for sure. I guess neither one of us know that for a certainty.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Can't say for sure. I guess neither one of us know that for a certainty.

LMAO

Can you name one head coach in NFL history who signed a 1-year contract?

Let me guess, you think we should hire Trent Green to be our OC...

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2011, 10:26 AM
LMAO

Can you name one head coach in NFL history who signed a 1-year contract?

Let me guess, you think we should hire Trent Green to be our OC...

In fairness, if Pioli wanted to do it, he could pretty much force it on RAC.

RAC still has one year left on his contract. Pioli can offer him the HC job without extending it.

What leverage does RAC have at that point? He can take the offer, or he can quit, and Clark doesn't have to pay him the final year of his deal.

Not saying it's realistic, but it is possible.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:26 AM
What is at issue is that you said they would have to hire Crennel for 3 years minimum. ;)

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:31 AM

RAC still has one year left on his contract. Pioli can offer him the HC job without extending it.

What leverage does RAC have at that point? He can take the offer, or he can quit, and Clark doesn't have to pay him the final year of his deal.

This. And I'm thinking with all the head-coaching changes that goes on in the league these days Crennel might think it would be a great way to get his name out there again for that position. Especially if the Chiefs had a decent year.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 10:35 AM

You don't think the contract is that of a DC and not HC ? You think Romeo would be forced to be a head coach at a DC's salary? I doubt the contract works that way.

Count Alex's Wins
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
What is at issue is that you said they would have to hire Crennel for 3 years minimum. ;)

What is at issue is that you're an idiot for thinking anyone would sign a 1-year contract.

Molitoth
12-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Crennel is already in KC and gets along with Pioli.

I don't think he would pass up a 1 year deal as HC. It's not like he has to move his family here and go into a situation in where he is not familiar with the organization and GM.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Crennel is already in KC and gets along with Pioli.

I don't think he would pass up a 1 year deal as HC. It's not like he has to move his family here and go into a situation in where he is not familiar with the organization and GM.

You think players want to re-up or sign with a team where a head coach only has a 1 year contract?

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
What is at issue is that you're an idiot for thinking anyone would sign a 1-year contract.

Ok. I'll admit to being an idiot when you admit to being an arrogant asshole.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 10:47 AM
You think players want to re-up or sign with a team where a head coach only has a 1 year contract?

Exactly.

That's why it's an almost-unwritten rule that coaches get extensions once they get to only having 1 year left on their contract.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM

If they thought he would be successful and be retained why not?

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
If they thought he would be successful and be retained why not?

Because people hate uprooting their families for 1 year.

OnTheWarpath58
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
You don't think the contract is that of a DC and not HC ? You think Romeo would be forced to be a head coach at a DC's salary? I doubt the contract works that way.

You might want to read that last line of my post again.

I don't think it will happen, nor that it should happen.

Only that the possibility of it happening - though slim - does in fact exist.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
You might want to read that last line of my post again.

I don't think it will happen, nor that it should happen.

Only that the possibility of it happening - though slim - does in fact exist.

I don't think the possibility exists that a team can force a positional coach (without the coach's consent) to be a head coach.

Earthling
12-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Because people hate uprooting their families for 1 year.

In Crennels case there would be no uprooting. And if it indeed led to a head coaching position so much the merrier. Not much of a down-side for him that I could see. Of course this is all speculation.

whoman69
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
A lame duck coach situation never works, or do you think Carolina looked great in Fox's last year there.

Chocolate Hog
12-21-2011, 02:53 PM
The guy isn't a HC this would be an awful hire.