PDA

View Full Version : Misc Massive 1,100+ year old Maya site discovered in Georgia's mountains

teedubya
12-21-2011, 06:35 PM
On the winter solstice one year before the end of the Mayan calendar... a huge Mayan site is discovered in the U.S.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/cb/3a/cb3a39c1f0c9934267f6c8f12df878a7.jpg

Archaeological zone 9UN367 at Track Rock Gap, near Georgia’s highest mountain, Brasstown Bald, is a half mile (800 m) square and rises 700 feet (213 m) in elevation up a steep mountainside. Visible are at least 154 stone masonry walls for agricultural terraces, plus evidence of a sophisticated irrigation system and ruins of several other stone structures. Much more may be hidden underground. It is possibly the site of the fabled city of Yupaha, which Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto failed to find in 1540, and certainly one of the most important archaeological discoveries in recent times.

BLAIRSVILLE, GA (December 21, 2011) -- Around the year 800 AD the flourishing Maya civilization of Central America suddenly began a rapid collapse. A series of catastrophic volcanic eruptions were followed by two long periods of extreme drought conditions and unending wars between city states.

Cities and agricultural villages in the fertile, abundantly watered, Maya Highlands were the first to be abandoned. Here, for 16 centuries, Itza Maya farmers produced an abundance of food on mountainside terraces. Their agricultural surpluses made possible the rise of great cities in the Maya Lowlands and Yucatan Peninsula. When the combination of volcanic eruptions, wars and drought erased the abundance of food, famines struck the densely populated Maya Lowlands. Within a century, most of the cities were abandoned. However, some of the cities in the far north were taken over by the Itza Maya and thrived for two more centuries.

CONTINUE READING AT http://www.examiner.com/architecture-design-in-national/massive-1-100-year-old-maya-site-discovered-georgia-s-mountains

listopencil
12-21-2011, 06:39 PM
The Winter Solstice is tomorrow.

teedubya
12-21-2011, 06:40 PM
The solstice is always on December 21st... thanks for your highly enlightened post, though. I feel smarter just hanging around you.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
The solstice is always on December 21st... thanks for your highly enlightened post, though. I feel smarter just hanging around you.

No, it's not.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Indiana_Die.gif

AustinChief
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM

um, no... No it isn't. It falls on the 21st a lot... But this year it is the 22nd. Its not a holiday, it's based on the position of the earth... no way that would fall on the same day every year.

teedubya
12-21-2011, 06:54 PM
The commonly known date for the winter solstice is December 21st... That's why Christmas is on the 25th. Because the "sun" dies for three days... and is risen on the 25th. But, yeah the Gregorian calendar is retarded.

Nice job making this thread about something totally different than the real message of the post, you fuqtards.

And it is ONE year from the end of the Mayan calendar... so eat bags of dicks, all ye merry gentlemen.

Phobia
12-21-2011, 06:57 PM
This is most likely crap. Georgians claimed to have a Sasquatch on ice a couple years back too.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 06:58 PM
The commonly known date for the winter solstice is December 21st... That's why Christmas is on the 25th. Because the "sun" dies for three days... and is risen on the 25th. But, yeah the Gregorian calendar is retarded.

Nice job making this thread about something totally different than the real message of the post, you fuqtards.

And it is ONE year from the end of the Mayan calendar... so eat bags of dicks, all ye merry gentlemen.

"The winter solstice occurs exactly when the axial tilt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_tilt) of a planet's polar hemisphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_of_astronomical_bodies) is farthest away from the star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star) that it orbits. Earth's maximum axial tilt to our star, the Sun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun), during a solstice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice) is 23° 26'. More evidently from high latitudes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_latitudes), a hemisphere's winter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter) solstice occurs on the shortest day and longest night of the year, when the sun's daily maximum elevation in the sky is the lowest. Since the winter solstice lasts only a moment in time, other terms are often used for the day on which it occurs, such as midwinter, the longest night or the first day of winter.

The seasonal significance of the winter solstice is in the reversal of the gradual lengthening of nights and shortening of days. Depending on the shift of the calendar, the winter solstice usually occurs on December 21 to 23 each year in the Northern Hemisphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Hemisphere)..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice

I ♥ Science.

FAX
12-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Nice post. The underground stuff is fascinating. There is no way of knowing how much stuff is either buried or sunken in the oceans deep.

Some archaeological chick discovered this method of applying an infra-red filter deal to satellite photographs of Egypt. What they discovered was absolutely amazing. The ancient city of Tanis, for example was enormous and can be seen in the infra-red buried under nothing but barren desert. There is nothing there today and nobody would have guessed they were walking over a hidden city. In the infra-red, you can see streets and houses and temples and all kinds of stuff. She also located a bunch of other buried pyramids, temples, and city sites. Egypt must have been very highly populated at one time ... much moreso than anyone previously realized. Far more modern, too.

I'll bet that, if they ever figure out where and how to look, they'll find the same to be true of South and Central America. Human beings have an ancient history we have no clue about.

FAX

Frazod
12-21-2011, 07:18 PM
SEC! SEC!

suzzer99
12-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I got so excited about this. Then I saw who posted it. :(

I'm shocked that a google search for this yields exactly two results. You know since it would be pretty much the greatest archaeological discovery of the last 100 years.

ReynardMuldrake
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
The Mayan calendar does not end in 2012, by the way. That's a myth.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
The Mayan calendar does not end in 2012, by the way. That's a myth.

Our calendar ends every December 31st, but for some reason no one freaks out about it.

chefsos
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
The Mayan calendar does not end in 2012, by the way. That's a myth.I think that the guy who made it just got tired and quit. It's a long damn walk from Guatemala to Georgia.

Bump
12-21-2011, 07:55 PM
this mayan thing intrigues me, but I haven't looked into it as much as I feel like I should. This is something based off of scientific research and other civilizations that were also expert astrologers picked the same exact date for this era to end. Why? I have no fucking real idea, only some theories that say the poles will shift and the planets will align with the milky way. This is some interesting shit. This isn't some crap out of the bible, this is science.

notorious
12-21-2011, 07:56 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Stanley Nickels
12-21-2011, 07:58 PM

Wait. What? It dies for three days, starting on the 21st? Three days following would be (21st= day one, 22nd= day two, 23rd= day three) Dec. 24. So is the sun dead for four days?

listopencil
12-21-2011, 08:02 PM
this mayan thing intrigues me, but I haven't looked into it as much as I feel like I should. This is something based off of scientific research and other civilizations that were also expert astrologers picked the same exact date for this era to end. Why? I have no ****ing real idea, only some theories that say the poles will shift and the planets will align with the milky way. This is some interesting shit. This isn't some crap out of the bible, this is science.

The Mayans had multiple calendars. If I recall correctly, they mesh together and coincide in 2012. Then they start over again, just like ours. It's really not a big deal.

Backwards Masking
12-21-2011, 08:05 PM
This is most likely crap. Georgians claimed to have a Sasquatch on ice a couple years back too.

what else would you expect from a bunch of toothless people that don't know what deodorant is?

NewChief
12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Wait. What? It dies for three days, starting on the 21st? Three days following would be (21st= day one, 22nd= day two, 23rd= day three) Dec. 24. So is the sun dead for four days?

Don't **** with Teedub's conspiracy shit, man. Things like facts, math, and science are all malleable in the face of a good stoner rap.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
WE'RE DOOMED

Saulbadguy
12-21-2011, 08:12 PM
The Mayans had multiple calendars. If I recall correctly, they mesh together and coincide in 2012. Then they start over again, just like ours. It's really not a big deal.

I attribute it to Mayan laziness, like when our software programmers didn't code past the year 2000.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I attribute it to Mayan laziness, like when our software programmers didn't code past the year 2000.

They did a pretty good job though. The Mayans, I mean. 5000+ years. I just now got a free 2012 calendar in the mail. I kept forgetting to get one.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Hell, I am occasionally surprised by what day of the week it is.

Thig Lyfe
12-21-2011, 08:27 PM
If this discovery isn't real, then how do you explain WTC 7?

ReynardMuldrake
12-21-2011, 08:36 PM
this mayan thing intrigues me, but I haven't looked into it as much as I feel like I should. This is something based off of scientific research and other civilizations that were also expert astrologers picked the same exact date for this era to end. Why? I have no fucking real idea, only some theories that say the poles will shift and the planets will align with the milky way. This is some interesting shit. This isn't some crap out of the bible, this is science.

You think "expert astrology" is science? How could the planets align with the milky way when WE'RE IN THE MILKY WAY RIGHT NOW?

This isn't The Dark Crystal. There is no Great Conjunction. The world didn't end in 2000. It's not going to end in 2012. Anyone who tells you they know when the world is going to end is a fool. That isn't science, it's pop pseudoscientific babble you heard on The History Channel.

Fish
12-21-2011, 09:10 PM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/234/018/9b9/resized/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-the-american-revolution-aliens-did-it-7876ff.jpg

JD10367
12-21-2011, 09:19 PM
When I was in Belize I toured Lamanai (same ruins Gene Simmons later proposed to Shannon Tweed at). The guide said only 5% of the ruins had been excavated, and there are plenty of ruins in Central/South America that are yet to be found, let alone explored. Humans have managed a lot of discovery but, even today, we don't know what's in the deep ocean and we just found 100,000 lowland gorillas. So Mayans in Georgia, sure, I'll buy it...

Smed1065
12-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Richard Thornton has written a book on the Archaeological Site 9UN367 and the evidence of the immigration of Mesoamerican refugees to North America. It will be available from the publisher in early January 2012

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Looks like a giant penis

Hog Farmer
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
My pole just shifted and I'm fine !

Rain Man
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
They did a pretty good job though. The Mayans, I mean. 5000+ years. I just now got a free 2012 calendar in the mail. I kept forgetting to get one.

Just out of curiosity, does it go past December 21st?

Actually, that's a great business idea. I should start making and selling calendars that end on December 21st. Seriously. Can we get a printer and photographer to partner with me on this?

listopencil
12-21-2011, 09:29 PM

Actually, that's a great business idea. I should start making and selling calendars that end on December 21st. Seriously. Can we get a printer and photographer to partner with me on this?

I haven't checked yet. I did see a 2013 mini calendar on the back.

Rain Man
12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
No, no, no. It's actually from the Mayer civilization. The Georgians just pronounce it as Maya.

Rain Man
12-21-2011, 09:31 PM
I haven't checked yet. I did see a 2013 mini calendar on the back.

That's a good sign. Unless of course they're just trying to do advance sales to maximize their revenue before it all ends. So really, I guess it proves nothing.

listopencil
12-21-2011, 09:46 PM
That's a good sign. Unless of course they're just trying to do advance sales to maximize their revenue before it all ends. So really, I guess it proves nothing.

Good point. I'll check it out the next time I'm standing by it.

Bump
12-22-2011, 01:31 AM
You think "expert astrology" is science? How could the planets align with the milky way when WE'RE IN THE MILKY WAY RIGHT NOW?

This isn't The Dark Crystal. There is no Great Conjunction. The world didn't end in 2000. It's not going to end in 2012. Anyone who tells you they know when the world is going to end is a fool. That isn't science, it's pop pseudoscientific babble you heard on The History Channel.

some people think it could kick off an ice age or do some bad shit if we lose all magnetism, like some smart people out there think. What if they're right? Is all I'm saying, like I said, I'd brush this off like it were nothing if it came out of the bible or some other novel. This shit is science! What are you gonna tell your family when the shit hits the fan and you weren't prepared?

KCtotheSB
12-22-2011, 01:36 AM
I going to go ahead and get ahead of the game. Stockin' up on baked beans and toilet paper tomorrow.

teedubya
12-22-2011, 01:50 AM
Don't **** with Teedub's conspiracy shit, man. Things like facts, math, and science are all malleable in the face of a good stoner rap.

That's right... beyatches.

That's just old school pagan beliefs right there... from the winter solstice... for the next three days, the sun stays in essentially the same trajectory... from the 22nd after the traditional solstice... the 23rd and the 24th... then the pagans celebrated on the 25th that days begin to get longer.

Bags of dicks for each of you in your stocking.

Guru
12-22-2011, 01:51 AM
COME AT ME BRO!

YOu know, I wonder how Matt feels about those webmercials now. LMAO

KC Tattoo
12-22-2011, 03:58 AM
I feel fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnee....

NewChief
12-22-2011, 06:54 AM
That's right... beyatches.

That's just old school pagan beliefs right there... from the winter solstice... for the next three days, the sun stays in essentially the same trajectory... from the 22nd after the traditional solstice... the 23rd and the 24th... then the pagans celebrated on the 25th that days begin to get longer.

Bags of dicks for each of you in your stocking.

The old school pagans were definitely sitting around going, "Can't wait for December 21st to come around, so we can hold the solstice."

Stanley Nickels
12-22-2011, 07:03 AM
The old school pagans were definitely sitting around going, "Can't wait for December 21st to come around, so we can hold the solstice."

True story: it is being widely hypothesized that the Mayans expected Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy to be released on December 20, 2012. They specifically scheduled the end of the world to occur the day following so they could guarantee they'd die happy. Joke's on them, though: the release date is set for December 22.

ReynardMuldrake
12-22-2011, 07:12 AM
some people think it could kick off an ice age or do some bad shit if we lose all magnetism, like some smart people out there think. What if they're right? Is all I'm saying, like I said, I'd brush this off like it were nothing if it came out of the bible or some other novel. This shit is science! What are you gonna tell your family when the shit hits the fan and you weren't prepared?

I don't know of any scientists that say that. If you have a link that supports it, I would be willing to take a look at it. But it still sounds like pseudoscience to me.

Braincase
12-22-2011, 07:17 AM
And the solstice has passed, having arrived last night, December 21st, at 11:30 CST...

bevischief
12-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I think that the guy who made it just got tired and quit. It's a long damn walk from Guatemala to Georgia.

They didn't walk they had UFOs.

Mr. Plow
12-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Google says the solstice is on Dec. 22nd....google is like the mayans, they know everything.

Gonzo
12-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Fuck this. It was probably a trailer park that blew up from an accident at Jethro's meth lab like 20 years ago.
The name of it was probably like, "Mayan's Court" or some shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

Gonzo
12-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Lumpy is a printer, Zach is your photographer.
Ready? Go!
Posted via Mobile Device

Bob Dole
12-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Bob Dole has a buddy who makes the company calendar and he did a run of them for internal use that do that. All the white squares from 22nd on are just black (instead of black print on white).

BWillie
12-22-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/Indiana_Die.gif

I got John Cusack on speed dial. I'm not scurred of this 2012 thing

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Lumpy is a printer, Zach is your photographer.
Ready? Go!
Posted via Mobile Device

Can i be the embezzler that doesn't get caught?

listopencil
12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Just to be clear, the Winter Solstice of 2011 came and went at 0530 GMT 12/22/11.

gblowfish
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Won't be long till they build a NASCAR track there....

Rain Man
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Bob Dole has a buddy who makes the company calendar and he did a run of them for internal use that do that. All the white squares from 22nd on are just black (instead of black print on white).

Man, I really should have started on this earlier. I could have made millions. Or at least thousands. Or a few bucks, but enough to buy a really good pizza.

Okie_Apparition
12-22-2011, 01:30 PM
The formula for Billy Beer lies somewhere on those walls

asdf
12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JT4RyEoLbz8/S86HF8R858I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/7i73xS46A3Y/s1600/2012joke.jpg

Bowser
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
EVERYONE CALM THE FUCK DOWN

A year from today the world will come to an end, according to some who cite the end of the Mayan Long Count calendar as evidence of a Dec. 21, 2012, apocalypse. But both astronomers and experts on Mesoamerican history say the Mayan apocalypse is likely to be another in a long line of failed doomsdays.

According to the Maya Long Count calendar, the winter solstice of 2012 — Dec. 21, 2012 —is the end of a b'ak'tun, a 144,000-day cycle that has repeated 12 times since the mythical Maya creation date. The b'ak'tun that will end in 2012 is the 13th, supposedly a full 5,200-year cycle of creation.

Because of this end date, a number of predictions have attached themselves to Dec. 21, from the end of the world via collision with a rogue planet, to the ushering in of a new world era. But neither historians nor astronomers put much credence in these predictions. [End of the World? Top Doomsday Fears]

Deciphering the Mayan calendar

In fact, according to archaeologists, it wasn't the Mayans who linked the end of the 13th b'ak'tun with the end of the world. According to Mexico's National Institute of Anthropology and History, when Judeo-Christians began to decipher Mayan writings, their preconceived notions of apocalypse and the end of the world led them to link Mayan calendar cycles with doomsday.

"A lot of the end-of-the-world mythologies are the result of Christian eschatology introduced by Franciscan missionaries," John Hoopes, a scholar of Maya history at the University of Kansas, told Livescience, referring to missionaries just entering the New World andcoming into contact with native people.

Maya scholars disagree on exactly how the Maya people would have interpreted the end of their calendar cycle, Hoopes said, though many say they would have seen it as a new beginning.

Astronomy anomalies

Many of the supposed 2012 doomsday scenarios involve astronomical phenomena: A rogue planet, solar storms or a planetary alignment. But NASA scientists say these aren't real threats.

One theory holds that a rogue body called "Planet X" or "Nibiru" will collide with Earth in 2012, snuffing out our planet. The only problem with this theory? Nibiru is made up.

"There's no evidence whatsoever that Nibiru exists," said Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near-Earth Object program office at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., at a public talk Dec. 8. Yeomans said theories that Nibiru is lurking behind our sun make no sense.

"We would have seen it years ago," he said.

Likewise, Yeomans said, there are no planetary alignments or other astronomical anomalies set for Dec. 21, 2012.

Our stormy sun

One doomsday theory based on perhaps a pinch of science involves the sun. After years of relative peace, the electromagnetic activity on the surface of the sun is heating up, according to NASA. Some fear that an enormous solar flare will engulf Earth or otherwise destroy us.

But this ramping up of activity is typical of our home star, explained Daniel Baker, the director of the laboratory for atmospheric and space physics at the University of Colorado, Boulder, in a talk at the annual meeting of the American Geophysical Union this month. [Gallery: Our Amazing Sun]

"The sun undergoes an approximately 11-year period of activity," Baker said. "It goes from very weak conditions, the solar minimum, to some very large solar maximum numbers."

The sun has been quiet even by solar minimum standards in recent years, Baker said. The upcoming maximum — set to peak in 2013, not 2012 — is expected to be average. Humans do have to watch out for solar storms, which can disrupt satellite communications and electrical grids here on Earth. Nonetheless, industries can prepare for solar storms, which is why agencies such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) have centers whose sole job is to predict these storms' coming.

Different industries adjust in different ways, said Rodney Viereck of the NOAA Space Environment Center. Airlines that rely on satellite communications will fly at latitudes where alternative forms of communication are possible. Industries dependent on Global Positioning System (GPS) technology will delay crucial activities. Power grids will adjust voltages to handle electromagnetic fluctuations.

2012: Just another year

Finally, theories abound online about one more scientific phenomenon and the 2012 apocalypse: a magnetic pole reversal on Earth. Believers worry that a flip-flop of the Earth's magnetic field will throw civilization back into the Stone Age, or perhaps destroy all life on the planet, by temporarily dropping the magnetic-field barrier to radiation from space. NASA scientists, however, say Earthlings can rest easy.

According to NASA, the planet's magnetic field reverses every 200,000 to 300,000 years, though we've currently gone more than twice that without a swap.

But these flips don't happen in an instant, according to the space agency. They occur over hundreds of thousands of years. The last reversal happened 780,000 years ago, according to NASA, and the fossil record shows no sign of any disruption in life.

http://news.yahoo.com/doomsday-1-why-world-wont-end-dec-21-141003927.html

FAX
12-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Man, I really should have started on this earlier. I could have made millions. Or at least thousands. Or a few bucks, but enough to buy a really good pizza.

Now that this really good idea has been stolen, it's time for plan B.

We need to start our own civilization that has its own calendar that ends on say ... November 20, 2012.

That will kick the Mayan's ass right back to the stone age because their calendar will be totally useless that last month or so.

FAX

Bowser
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
The formula for Billy Beer lies somewhere on those walls

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zJt3IdvtIiw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rain Man
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Now that this really good idea has been stolen, it's time for plan B.

We need to start our own civilization that has its own calendar that ends on say ... November 20, 2012.

That will kick the Mayan's ass right back to the stone age because their calendar will be totally useless that last month or so.

FAX

I like it. What do we need to do to start our own civilization? Wardrobe? Language? Social customs? I can get started on the language part if others are willing to chip in as needed to test words and stuff.

Rain Man
12-22-2011, 01:52 PM
EVERYONE CALM THE **** DOWN

No one wants to hear that stuff.

Cave Johnson
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM

A related idea is to sell an insurance policy to fundamentalist Christians agreeing to take care of their pets after the rapture.

Slainte
12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
The bag-o-dicks theory at work...

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1164284/sarah_palin_3_invisible_dicks_Sarah_Palin_is_generous_of_spirit_width_600x.jpeg

Three days. Three dicks. And what did Jesus do?

ERECT.

Say no more...

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/dontget-memes-1.jpg

EDIT: Q

Cornstock
12-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Looks like a giant penis

I think you've been watching too much Colbert Report.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/403623/december-05-2011/mysteries-of-the-ancient-unknown---2012-end-of-times

boogblaster
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM
think my relatives lived there one time then moved west .... it was recorded on a piece of shell that got dropped and later put bak together .. some say it alls bs but ima not sure ......

Reaper16
12-22-2011, 05:07 PM
John Hoopes, a scholar of Maya history at the University of Kansas,

There's a joke here somewhere involving the University of Kansas, the Big 12 conference, and an interest in dead civilizations.

Smed1065
12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
I call BS. The authors book comes out when? 01/2012.

Impressed now.

listopencil
12-22-2011, 06:25 PM
I call BS. The authors book comes out when? 01/2012.

Impressed now.

How dare you? Are you questioning the source? Surely examiner.com upholds nothing but the finest of journalistic standards. Otherwise they wouldn't be posting articles like:

Garlic is magical!

Add a comment (http://www.examiner.com/healthy-living-in-sacramento/garlic-is-magical#comments)

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/profile_small/hash/8e/9c/8e9caadadbd0ffc1f3fe56ab16bfdab2.345.jpg (http://www.examiner.com/healthy-living-in-sacramento/gina-azzarello) Gina Azzarello (http://www.examiner.com/healthy-living-in-sacramento/gina-azzarello)

, Sacramento Healthy Living Examiner
December 21, 2011 - Like this? Subscribe to get instant updates. (http://www.examiner.com/user/582276/1830106/subscribe?render=overlay)

http://www.examiner.com/healthy-living-in-sacramento/garlic-is-magical

Straight, No Chaser
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Just to be clear, the Winter Solstice of 2011 came and went at 0530 GMT 12/22/11.

Witnessed & photographed Solar Noon at the (Paolo) Soleri Bridge in Scottsdale yesterday. Yes, the sun was out in cloudless sky at solar noon.

Once a year, on solstice, if the Arizona sun is shinning, a line will form between two large support columns and follow a painted red line across the length of the bridge. Coincidentally, on summer solstice there is no shadow at all...
http://pb-i4.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/177638-1324505653-2-l.jpg

Soleri Bridge, Scottsdale, AZ:

http://pb-i4.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/177638-1324505653-4-l.jpg

listopencil
12-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Witnessed & photographed Solar Noon at the (Paolo) Soleri Bridge in Scottsdale yesterday. Yes, the sun was out in cloudless sky at solar noon.

Once a year, on solstice, if the Arizona sun is shinning, a line will form between two large support columns and follow a painted red line across the length of the bridge. Coincidentally, on summer solstice there is no shadow at all...

mikey23545
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1164284/sarah_palin_3_invisible_dicks_Sarah_Palin_is_generous_of_spirit_width_600x.jpeg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8576/barackobama21.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/barackobama21.jpg/)

One Visible Dick

listopencil
12-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.rkm.com.au/animations/animation-seasons.html

The moment that the center of the Earth lines up with that yellow line segment to the right of the Sun is the Winter Solstice. That moment is expressed as 0530 GMT on 12/22/11.

ChiefsNow
12-23-2011, 05:46 AM
We need a count down meter thread to post in so we can prepare.

http://2012apocalypse.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/meteor.jpg.w300h247.jpg

ChiefsNow
12-23-2011, 05:48 AM
If we don't win the Superbowl this year we are fucked.

InChiefsHell
12-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Here's how it'll go down. The Chiefs wind up drafting a QBOTF and go undefeated in 2012. They have the top ranked Offense, Defense and ST in the league and are outscoring their opponents by 35 points per game.

Then December 21, 2012 happens and well...you know the rest.

...Chiefs fans are forced to wait another 5000 years for a shot at the title...

DAMMIT SCOTT!!!

ChiefsNow
12-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Here's how it'll go down. The Chiefs wind up drafting a QBOTF and go undefeated in 2012. They have the top ranked Offense, Defense and ST in the league and are outscoring their opponents by 35 points per game.

Then December 21, 2012 happens and well...you know the rest.

...Chiefs fans are forced to wait another 5000 years for a shot at the title...

DAMMIT SCOTT!!!

And by then it will be nerf football at its finest.

Buck
12-23-2011, 07:32 AM
We need a count down meter thread to post in so we can prepare.

http://2012apocalypse.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/meteor.jpg.w300h247.jpg

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254032

ChiefsNow
12-23-2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254032

I don't see the countdown meter. Slacker.

BigRedChief
12-23-2011, 07:41 AM

Three days. Three dicks. And what did Jesus do?

ERECT.

Say no more...Fucking hilarious!:DLMAO

Buck
12-23-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't see the countdown meter. Slacker.

UPDATED