PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which of the following statements best summarizes your opinion on KC's offensive line

SNR
12-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Pretty much I'm sick of idiot fucking morons who know nothing about football trying to justify not starting Stanzi, drafting a QB, or starting any kind of young potential at QB by saying, "Have you seen our offensive line? Any young vulnerable QB will get clobbered, killed, raped, AIDSified, and jizzed on!"

rico
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Mediocre or slightly below average, but can be inspired by a leader who doesn't step on their d!(ks.

Caseyguyrr
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
an abortion

Priest31kc
12-21-2011, 07:50 PM
an abortion

Not sure if serious.

ILChief
12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Keep Albert, Hudson, and Awesome-oha. The rest need to go

KC_Lee
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Had one good game, many holes that either need to be filled or need an upgrade.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Our OL is good enough to win a SB if we upgrade RT. End of story.

Chiefaholic
12-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Depending on who's available in the draft, we need a RT and either a C or LG. Hudson can fill either position and the best player available at either position should be taken in the draft. We have 3 of the 5 spots locked up....

Priest31kc
12-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Had one good game, many holes that either need to be filled or need an upgrade.

Ummm did you miss the Oakland & Pittsburgh games where they were nearly flawless in pass protection? Or any other game besides the Miami game where they were good enough with a decent QB?

They're 5th in the NFL in pass protection efficiency.....27 teams are worse. And this is w/ the worst RT. in football. Albert & Asamoah have had terrific years. Hudson will start at either center or guard next year, hopefully center.

We need to replace Richardson no doubt. We could use an upgrade over Lilja at LG too. Our O-Line is about league average when you factor in run blocking too. I just don't understand the hate for the offensive line.

KC_Lee
12-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Ummm did you miss the Oakland & Pittsburgh games where they were nearly flawless in pass protection? Or any other game besides the Miami game where they were good enough with a decent QB?

They're 5th in the NFL in pass protection efficiency.....27 teams are worse. And this is w/ the worst RT. in football. Albert & Asamoah have had terrific years. Hudson will start at either center or guard next year, hopefully center.

We need to replace Richardson no doubt. We could use an upgrade over Lilja at LG too. Our O-Line is about league average when you factor in run blocking too. I just don't understand the hate for the offensive line.

So next year is;

LT - Albert
LG - Asamoah
C - Hudson or ???
RG - Hudson or ???
RT - ???

That's half the line that is up in the air. I will agree with Albert & Asamoah but Wiegman is at the end of line. This leaves the right side in dire need of an upgrade.

Extra Point
12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
GAZ Option: Get a full-time O-line coach, and work with these guys. Draft whomever necessary to build for the future, with the coach. (Ask yourself how well we may have done, this past weekend, if the game was in GB.)

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
High draft pick is first three rounds IMO, which we need a major upgrade at center. If we don't go quarterback - the best value at our draft spot will be more than likely at the OL either right tackle or guard.

Also we need to bring Tony Sparano in as OL coach in the offseason.

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
If we don't take a QB in the first (which we should) but if we don't, there really is some nice options for us in the draft, which actually more than likley will be BPA. Not to mention in free agency -Carl Nicks would be perfect for us.

If we sign Nicks, and go the tackle route with Riley Reiff,, Jonathan Martin or

LT - Albert
LG - Nicks
C - Hudson
RG - Asamoah
RT - Reiff/Martin

If we go guard with David DeCastro from Stanford.

LT Albert
LG DeCastro
C Hudson
RG Asamoah
RT FA/Richardson

If we go center with Peter Konz

LT - Albert
LG - Hudson
C - Konz
RG - Asamoah
RT - FA/Richardson

We need to get bigger up the middle, that is why we struggle in short yardage - Weigmann and Lilja are too light.

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I voted adequate. However, Weigman, Lilja and Richardson need replaced.

Rain Man
12-21-2011, 09:56 PM
It should perhaps be pointed out that Lilja is not our right guard any more.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Need 5 new starters. Spend first 5 picks on the line in the draft/Sac

KCChiefsFan88
12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
The draft needs to be all about landing Barkley or RGIII in the first round, which will likely mean using picks to trade up in the first round.

The Chiefs should use the free agency route to address the offensive line, specifically right tackle and depth.

petegz28
12-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I'd cut Weigman before Lilja but both need to go.

petegz28
12-21-2011, 10:43 PM
AIDSified jizz does not sound like it would be a good thing.

Dexter Manley
12-21-2011, 11:20 PM
Poll forthcoming.

Pretty much I'm sick of idiot ****ing morons who know nothing about football trying to justify not starting Stanzi, drafting a QB, or starting any kind of young potential at QB by saying, "Have you seen our offensive line? Any young vulnerable QB will get clobbered, killed, raped, AIDSified, and jizzed on!"

Sorry for documenting the cases where the rookie QB started with good OLs and supporting casts (Big Ben, Culpepper, Peyton Manning) and those that did not (Dave Carr, Joey Harrington, until this year Alex Smith).

But hey, you want a young kid QB, and you are just not gonna tolerate much else right now...

WV
12-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I'm still ok with Albert and like Asomoah, plug Hudson in and we're two spots from a very solid Oline.

Dexter Manley
12-21-2011, 11:24 PM
As for the OL, clearly ORT is a big need. If Harris could actually stay healthy, the interior would be fine. We're stuck with Albert at OLT, like it or not.

Since Harris cannot be rationally expected to stay healthy given the "data," the Chiefs should spend what is needed, within reason, to get a serious ORT, and at least one additional quality interior OL.

There is one OG that I have a mid First grade on, and it isn't the kid from Stanford, although he is a solid second rounder IMO, but I doubt the kid I have a First on comes out.

A great OL in KC.

Who would ever think of such a thing??

LiL stumppy
12-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Much better than most people think.

Albert is a good, solid LT, and will continue to be. Awesome-ah is turning into a good Guard, will be even better next year, Hudson looks promosing as well. RT is awful, I would like to draft one in the 2nd or 3rd, or sign a good vet, same ass C.

I think we good two decent players at C,RT, we have a very good, young OL that will be VERY good in years to come.

It's all useless though, if we don't have a decent QB.

Dexter Manley
12-21-2011, 11:42 PM
Settled - Albert OLT Hudson C Asa OLG

Need of upgrade = ORT (urgent), ORG (less so)

Lilja is actually a great long term gameday interior backup candidate. I'm still annoyed he was never tried at C here. He did extremely well for a couple of games with Indy, no penalties, no bad snaps.

</post>
12-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Adequate besides richardson

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-22-2011, 12:28 AM
Our OL is good enough to win a SB if we upgrade RT. End of story.

It's good enough w/o a RT, but C and RT should be addressed in some fashion.

L.A. Chieffan
12-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Good lineman in the draft this year. if you're gonna do it now is the time.

jspchief
12-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't think I could argue that a single Olineman is a "must keep" player.

The closest to that is Asamoah, and it's based more on perceived potential.

The line doesn't have an anchor.

Brock
12-22-2011, 01:16 AM
Albert is turning into a damn fine LT.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Albert is turning into a damn fine LT.

Saccoshit weeps

Chris Meck
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
After QB and NT, our o-line is the next priority upgrade, in my opinion.

I like Albert just fine. Hudson looks like a gamer at either G or C. Asamoah looks like he's going to work out fine.

Wiegmann is too small to be effective. Time to move on.

Lilja is just kind of...weak. He doesn't seem to use leverage very well. Time to move on.

Richardson is just not a starting quality player. He's wildly inconsistent. He was good last week, but will probably stink it up this week. He run blocks okay, but just doesn't get it done in the passing game. Time to move on. Or maybe move him inside? He might do better as a guard...

We need either a C or left guard (whichever Hudson doesn't take) a right guard and a right tackle.

You could maybe get by with Lilja one more year, but C and RT have to be fixed.

Dexter Manley
12-22-2011, 07:16 AM
"Lilja is just kind of...weak. He doesn't seem to use leverage very well."

He has never been the same since the knee problems at Indy.

"Hudson looks like a gamer at either G or C"

Hudson seems well suited for C. A "smart CrimiNole," one of the few...

"Asamoah looks like he's going to work out fine."

but will always have the "high set" issue and be vulnerable to the really short quick type of DTs... fine as a long term OG, preferably at ORG where he played at Illinois. Great kid, tude, work ethic etc. a "glue guy" for the team and the OL unit.

"We need either a C or left guard "

I would say LG, move Asa to ORG and keep Hudson at C. Harris would be fine at OLG if he could stay healthy, but preseason demonstrated Harris is much more OLG than C. The one game he played, he made errors at C, and then graded out perfectly at OLG.