PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Now we know why Philbin didn't get the HC job here.

cardken
01-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I would think most organizations, (ours included) would steer clear of any affiliation with a Sexual assault on minors.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7442751/green-bay-packers-offensive-coordinator-joe-philbin-son-missing

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Sins of the son?

Unless Philbin is diddling kids himself, I don't see how one thing has to do with another.

The Dawg?
01-09-2012, 03:14 PM
No way.

Unrelated.

Danman
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Well his son wasn't missing when he interviewed. I'm sure the rest was known, but it's his son. I'm sure he's not the only person in the world to have family problems.

Dicky McElephant
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
:facepalm:

You're a fucking idiot.

chasedude
01-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Sins of the son?

Unless Philbin is diddling kids himself, I don't see how one thing has to do with another.

Agreed, nothing to see here.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I guess Andy Reid should pack his bags... 5 years ago.

Sofa King
01-09-2012, 03:23 PM
I guess Andy Reid should pack his bags... 5 years ago.

This was the first thing i thought of too.

And Bush shouldn't have remained President either. He couldn't control his daughters.

/off to the DC

DMAC
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
When I was 21, I went missing all the time.

cardken
01-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Not saying it was the determing factor, but the Chiefs and Hunt family are so concerned and have been for years as a "clean" organization. So it was factored in, any employer would consider the PR involved.

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Not saying it was the determing factor, but the Chiefs and Hunt family are so concerned and have been for years as a "clean" organization. So it was factored in, any employer would consider the PR involved.

http://i.imgur.com/cy6JA.gif

Phobia
01-09-2012, 03:35 PM

Right. That's why one of the three owners of this team has been charged with much more reprehensible sexual misconduct... Diddling his mentally retarded sister-in-law.

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Right. That's why one of the three owners of this team has been charged with much more reprehensible sexual misconduct... Diddling his mentally retarded sister-in-law.

I did not know anything about this. Names or links plox.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
I did not know anything about this. Names or links plox.

http://amarillo.com/stories/120999/tex_LD0655.001.shtml

LOCOChief
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Who got diddled?

Phobia
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Who got diddled?

Click the link. Lamar Hunt Jr. settled a civil lawsuit in which his wife's sister was asking for $60,000,000 for a 1997 incident in which Hunt Jr. had sex with the mentally disabled sister. Reports are that he gave $2-5 Million to make it go away - and probably avoid jail.

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 03:49 PM

He is a marriage, family, and relationship counselor?!?!??!

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/Lamar-Hunt-Jr-Counseling

http://www.catholictherapists.com/lamarhuntjr/

I'm gonna go throw up now.

the Talking Can
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
haley finger banged women in public and pioli was ok with it

LOCOChief
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Click the link. Lamar Hunt Jr. settled a civil lawsuit in which his wife's sister was asking for $60,000,000 for a 1997 incident in which Hunt Jr. had sex with the mentally disabled sister. Reports are that he gave $2-5 Million to make it go away - and probably avoid jail.

Really I just like asking "who got diddled" but this one hits kinda close to home, not my home but close.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
adbrandtAndrew Brandt

RT @Cari_Rowland: Oshkosh police tell us it will be within the hour that have an update with identification.

ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

Per @TODAYSTMJ4, authorities pulled body from Fox River in Oshkosh. Have not said if body is Michael Philbin, son of Packers OC Joe Philbin.

Sofa King
01-09-2012, 03:55 PM
haley finger banged women in public and pioli was ok with it

clearly he wasn't

Hydrae
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Here are the court records of what Michael Philbin was convicted of:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/files/PhilbinCriminalComplaint.PDF

the Talking Can
01-09-2012, 03:59 PM
clearly he wasn't

because he fired him when the story broke?

no, he didn't....he fired him later for being a shitty coach

Sofa King
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
because he fired him when the story broke?

no, he didn't....he fired him later for being a shitty coach

It certainly could have contributed.

Besides, Haley was a good coach. He is just an asshole.

cardken
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM

Yikes, I stand corrected. Hire all the Pedos then.

sedated
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
That was 3 years ago, when he was 18. He probably boinked some 16 or 17-year-old.

EDIT: looks like the details are out.

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Yikes, I stand corrected. Hire all the Pedos then.

:banghead:

Philbin is not a pedo...as far as I can make out, his son was convicted for having sex with two girls above the age of 16 when he was 17. He pulled a Hootie. Got them drunk them ****ed'em.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
:banghead:

Philbin is not a pedo... his son is/was.

His son is a rapist based on what I read. I don't think an 18 year old with a 16 year old is pedophilia.

Nor is Hunt Jr. His sister-in-law was over 30 when that event took place.

Hydrae
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
From the link I provided, he was actually 17 at the time it happened. The problem was that it was non-consentual while the girls were drunk.

pr_capone
01-09-2012, 04:21 PM
His son is a rapist based on what I read. I don't think an 18 year old with a 16 year old is pedophilia.

Nor is Hunt Jr. His sister-in-law was over 30 when that event took place.

Yup... just read the post with the complaint and edited my post.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
ProFootballWklyPro Football Weekly

RT @jasonjwilde: I'm told the #Packers players have indeed been informed that the body of OC Joe Philbin's son, Michael, has been ID'ed.

His kid just died man feel for him

Phobia
01-09-2012, 04:41 PM
His kid just died man feel for him

Died because he couldn't handle the thought of 6 months at county or died because a father got to him?

Frosty
01-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Here are the court records of what Michael Philbin was convicted of:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/files/PhilbinCriminalComplaint.PDF

Am I reading that right, that it's only a misdemeanor in Wisconsin to rape a 16 year old girl?

Frosty
01-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Died because he couldn't handle the thought of 6 months at county or died because a father got to him?

That's what I was wondering. The kid sounded like a real piece of work. :shake:

Phobia
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Am I reading that right, that it's only a misdemeanor in Wisconsin to rape a 16 year old girl?

Presume he pleaded it down. It's hard to prove a "he said/she said" when she admits to being drunk out of her mind. This way they at least got some accountability rather than a reasonable doubt acquittal.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
That's what I was wondering. The kid sounded like a real piece of work. :shake:

I can't imagine anybody is gonna throw themselves into a river over a 6 month stint down the river.

Frosty
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I can't imagine anybody is gonna throw themselves into a river over a 6 month stint down the river.

No, though being an 18 year old pedo rapist would mean that it wouldn't be very pleasant.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
No, though being an 18 year old pedo rapist would mean that it wouldn't be very pleasant.

I'm guessing he wouldn't go to the pen for it. He'd probably do 3 months at county and then get out early. I don't know - maybe Wisconsin is tough...

Kyle DeLexus
01-09-2012, 04:57 PM

I'm only guessing here, but I'm betting it's because he was a minor himself.

Just did a search and today it should be second degree sexual assault and a class C felony.

scho63
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Sounds to me like he was giving them "roofies" to make them easier to rape

JonesCrusher
01-09-2012, 05:42 PM
[/URL][url]http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2012/jan/09/report-packers-oc-joe-philbins-son-michael-found-dead-in-fox-river/ (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/packers/story/2012-01-09/joe-philbin-son-missing/52469754/1)

They are reporting that his son is dead

Al Bundy
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
He pulled a Hootie. Got them drunk them ****ed'em.

Maybe there should be a smiley for "pulling a Hootie"?

Chocolate Hog
01-09-2012, 06:10 PM
What's with the girls feeling pain? I'm guessing he had a big dick?

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:15 PM
What's with the girls feeling pain? I'm guessing he had a big dick?

Rape hurts, moron. Unwilling girls don't spread willingly. They resist, presumably. I also can't imagine those punk rapists are exactly gentle lovers either.

Chocolate Hog
01-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Rape hurts, moron. Unwilling girls don't spread willingly. They resist, presumably. I also can't imagine those punk rapists are exactly gentle lovers either.

You would know.

If it was rape they would have gotten a way longer sentence than just a few months.

ChiefsNow
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
He was on thin ice anyway.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:32 PM
You would know.

If it was rape they would have gotten a way longer sentence than just a few months.

Not me. I've always been a gentleman with the ladies - always. It's cost me more than a few notches on my bedpost but I'd much rather have a lady be sure than run into one of these kinds of situations.

Did you read the link? It was rape likely plead down to sexual assault to get a guaranteed conviction.

Chocolate Hog
01-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Not me. I've always been a gentleman with the ladies - always. It's cost me more than a few notches on my bedpost but I'd much rather have a lady be sure than run into one of these kinds of situations.

Did you read the link? It was rape likely plead down to sexual assault to get a guaranteed conviction.

I read the police report and I'd need to see the court transcript to make a fair determination rape is a very serious thing. If he did indeed rape the chick well then the world isn't missing too much.

Extra Point
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
100+ hrs/week working can screw up a lot of lives.

So much sorrow for all involved. Kid may have iced himself, due to massive guilt, or his "friends" with whom he last reported, gave him a cold last-bath.

Bad shit, all the same.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 06:54 PM
I read the police report and I'd need to see the court transcript to make a fair determination rape is a very serious thing. If he did indeed rape the chick well then the world isn't missing too much.

If you read the same report as I did then I don't even know why you're arguing it was something other than rape. Obviously he wasn't convicted of rape but that's not a surprise.

Frankie
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I would think most organizations, (ours included) would steer clear of any affiliation with a Sexual assault on minors.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7442751/green-bay-packers-offensive-coordinator-joe-philbin-son-missing

The link does not talk about a Sexual assault on minors. Or did I miss anything.

Phobia
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
The link does not talk about a Sexual assault on minors. Or did I miss anything.

The two girls who were sexually assaulted were 16. I'd say you missed something.

Kyle DeLexus
01-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Read the last sentence of the link.

Frankie
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM
The two girls who were sexually assaulted were 16. I'd say you missed something.

Read the last sentence of the link.

OK this is what I get when I click on the link I still don't see it:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Green Bay Packers canceled player availability on Monday, bracing for bad news as authorities searched for the missing 21-year-old son of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin.

Oshkosh police have yet to release the identity of the body. However, a source close to the family tells ESPN that Philbin's body has been positively identified.

Police have been searching for Philbin's son after he went missing some time after making a He disappeared at about 2 a.m. Sunday after an outing with friends in the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh campus area, about 50 miles from Green Bay.

Joe Philbin spent Monday in Oshkosh, where divers recovered the body of a man between the ages of 20 and 25 from the Fox River in late afternoon after a security guard reported hearing cries for help from someone on the ice. Oshkosh Police said no foul play was suspected, but the man's name was being withheld until his family is notified.

"The Philbin family's obviously going through a tough time right now, and as we always have, we're a family-first philosophy with our organization, with our program," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Monday afternoon. "So we're supporting Joe and his family the best we can, and we're holding out hope that this comes to positive conclusion."

News of Michael Philbin's disappearance made for a difficult day in Green Bay, where the Packers are preparing for Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game against the New York Giants at Lambeau Field.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the Philbin family during this difficult time," Packers general manager Ted Thompson said in a statement.

McCarthy spoke in a somber tone during his regularly scheduled news conference, confirming that Philbin was away from the team and in Oshkosh.

Although the offensive-minded McCarthy calls his own plays and has a hands-on role with game planning, Philbin's behind-the-scenes detail work with Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the offense would be missed. McCarthy said he has contingency plans in place to prepare for Sunday's game if Philbin remains away from the team.

"We're prepared to do whatever we need to do as a staff to make sure our team's ready to go," he said, brushing aside a question about what the team would be missing if it didn't have Philbin's input this week. "We'll be ready to go."

Players, who were not made available to reporters, took to Twitter to post supportive messages.

"As children we all have to someday say goodbye to our parents, but a parent should never have to say goodbye to their child," said offensive lineman T.J. Lang, whose father, Thomas, died last week.

Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji wrote that "life is too short."

"Live in the present," Raji tweeted.

Joe Philbin has been with the Packers since 2003, and has been the team's offensive coordinator since 2007. He interviewed for the Miami Dolphins' vacant head coaching job last week.

Michael Philbin is the second-oldest of six children to Joe Philbin and his wife, Diane.

JD10367
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM

TTIUWP of the retard.

Hey, she could be hot. :shrug:

JD10367
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Come on in, man, the water's fine. /EdReed'sBrother

Kyle DeLexus
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM

Link in OP was edited either by OP or by ESPN after the sons body was id'd

Frankie
01-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Link in OP was edited either by OP or by ESPN after the sons body was id'd

THX. Didn't think the LSD was that big a dose.

dmahurin
01-10-2012, 01:01 AM

:clap: well played

Phobia
01-10-2012, 07:11 AM

It seems that once the death was confirmed, ESPN scrubbed the sexual assault case from the story - opting not to crap on the dead. That's SOP for a lot of pubs.

Dave Lane
01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
He is a marriage, family, and relationship counselor?!?!??!

http://www.hotfrog.com/Companies/Lamar-Hunt-Jr-Counseling

http://www.catholictherapists.com/lamarhuntjr/

I'm gonna go throw up now.

catholictherapists? They train people for this stuff now. Could go along way to explaining some things.

Short Leash Hootie
01-11-2012, 03:58 AM
I'm glad I'm thought of so highly around these parts! I suppose I'll just have to embrace it. I'm a rape-a-holic

Rausch
01-11-2012, 05:46 AM

LMAO