PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We are in a GREAT position

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
I've been sitting back, going through these threads for the last couple of days reading how: if we keep Romeo that means Cassel, if we would've gotten McD that meant Cassel, Pioli has the biggest ego, Clark Hunt is cheap, 40 years means we will never get a QB and on and on and on.

When Clark officially took over what did he do? He went out and got the best candidate for the job. Whatever the price, he paid it. Then Pioli brought in Haley, who just came from the SuperBowl. (Seemed good at the time and there weren't too many complaints when we went to the playoffs) Then Pioli got us a QB and a Vet LB for a second round pick. (Again, it seemed good at the time, and Cassel did pretty good the season before and when we went to the playoffs) The first draft was a bust, but that is not on the Clarks...lol, that's Pioli and his goons right there. We bring in some cast offs and try to make them stick, most don't, (again, the goons plus Haley at work) Season is a bust and we sucked.

Next season, bring in the best OC and DC you can get, money be damned. The draft was a huge success. We get some decent free agents. No, big names, but we did alright. Haley is almost the coach of the year. Cassel backs that ass up right into the playoffs. We lose, we suck again.

This season, the draft seems alright, shortened offseason, weird preseason (you can debate that if you choose). Injuries, suckage, injuries, suckage, Palko, ultimate suckage, Haley gone, Orton, succesful suckage, season over, RAC city.

Now here we are and all you guys can say is Clark never spends, even though he got the best: GM, OC, DC and OC (Haley) money could buy. For the most part he has signed all of the players we need to keep. Looks like he is spending to me. The whole Smith thing I don't know what that was, so if you feel you must count that then go ahead.

We have a GM that is on his last leg. You guys talk about his ego, for one, most people have egos especially in pro sports, so who cares if he does? For two, do you really think he's going to let the season go to shit because of Cassel? Why would he do that? Oh, he won't bench or cut him because that's admitting a mistake, well Todd Haley says hi.

Now the draft a QB thing. The fucking draft hasn't even happened yet, shit the SuperBowl hasn't happened and you guys are crying about shit that has happened in the past that has nothing to do with the future. We don't know if we will trade up or not. No one in the organization has been in this situation before, not Pioli or Clark, so can we atleast wait for the draft. As i've shown, Clark is doing what he thinks is right and plus he's a business man he's not going to blow his money because some people in a forum want him too.

I for one think we are in a great position both Pioli and Rac are trying to save there asses and if it comes down to Pioli or Cassel who do you think will be gone first. Now, if we don't sign Bowe and Carr, go into the season with just Cassel and don't draft a qb or at least let Stanzi battle with Cassel then we should burn the place down, but until then.....

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I've been sitting back, going through these threads for the last couple of days reading how: if we keep Romeo that means Cassel, if we would've gotten McD that meant Cassel, Pioli has the biggest ego, Clark Hunt is cheap, 40 years means we will never get a QB and on and on and on.

When Clark officially took over what did he do? He went out and got the best candidate for the job. Whatever the price, he paid it. Then Pioli brought in Haley, who just came from the SuperBowl. (Seemed good at the time and there weren't too many complaints when we went to the playoffs) Then Pioli got us a QB and a Vet LB for a second round pick. (Again, it seemed good at the time, and Cassel did pretty good the season before and when we went to the playoffs) The first draft was a bust, but that is not on the Clarks...lol, that's Pioli and his goons right there. We bring in some cast offs and try to make them stick, most don't, (again, the goons plus Haley at work) Season is a bust and we sucked.

Next season, bring in the best OC and DC you can get, money be damned. The draft was a huge success. We get some decent free agents. No, big names, but we did alright. Haley is almost the coach of the year. Cassel backs that ass up right into the playoffs. We lose, we suck again.

This season, the draft seems alright, shortened offseason, weird preseason (you can debate that if you choose). Injuries, suckage, injuries, suckage, Palko, ultimate suckage, Haley gone, Orton, succesful suckage, season over, RAC city.

Now here we are and all you guys can say is Clark never spends, even though he got the best: GM, OC, DC and OC (Haley) money could buy. For the most part he has signed all of the players we need to keep. Looks like he is spending to me. The whole Smith thing I don't know what that was, so if you feel you must count that then go ahead.

We have a GM that is on his last leg. You guys talk about his ego, for one, most people have egos especially in pro sports, so who cares if he does? For two, do you really think he's going to let the season go to shit because of Cassel? Why would he do that? Oh, he won't bench or cut him because that's admitting a mistake, well Todd Haley says hi.

Now the draft a QB thing. The ****ing draft hasn't even happened yet, shit the SuperBowl hasn't happened and you guys are crying about shit that has happened in the past that has nothing to do with the future. We don't know if we will trade up or not. No one in the organization has been in this situation before, not Pioli or Clark, so can we atleast wait for the draft. As i've shown, Clark is doing what he thinks is right and plus he's a business man he's not going to blow his money because some people in a forum want him too.

I for one think we are in a great position both Pioli and Rac are trying to save there asses and if it comes down to Pioli or Cassel who do you think will be gone first. Now, if we don't sign Bowe and Carr, go into the season with just Cassel and don't draft a qb or at least let Stanzi battle with Cassel then we should burn the place down, but until then

http://forums.winamp.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=1055096

What?

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
What?

When has it happened that Clark was in full control, had three sub par qb's to choose from, playmakers coming off of injury, an interim turned HC it goes on and on. He hasn't done THIS before and neither has Pioli.

KC Tattoo
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Rubble rubble rubble rubble RUBBLE RUBBLE rubble rubble rubble rubble rubble rubble

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
When has it happened that Clark was in full control, had three sub par qb's to choose from, playmakers coming off of injury, an interim turned HC it goes on and on. He hasn't done THIS before and neither has Pioli.

Look at this list; it's a complete clusterfuck. Not a single good thing about it, save that it might lead to Pioli getting fired sooner rather than later.

Monty
01-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Now, if we don't sign Bowe and Carr, go into the season with just Cassel and don't draft a qb or at least let Stanzi battle with Cassel then we should burn the place down, but until then.....

I've got the malatov cocktails at the ready....just sayin'.

BigChiefFan
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
You bring up some points, but we have 40 years of evidence of how the team approaches things. After 40 plus years of half-assed approaches, they no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
You bring up some points, but we have 40 years of evidence of how the team approaches things. After 40 plus years of half-assed approaches, they no longer get the benefit of the doubt.

I can definitely see that, but it's not old man Hunt, nor is it Carl. We might not go out and spend like crazy, but we're making real improvements.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
I've got the malatov cocktails at the ready....just sayin'.

LMAO

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Look at this list; it's a complete clusterfuck. Not a single good thing about it, save that it might lead to Pioli getting fired sooner rather than later.

That is true, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in kentucky?

BigChiefFan
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Look at this list; it's a complete cluster****. Not a single good thing about it, save that it might lead to Pioli getting fired sooner rather than later.I don't get all the Pioli hate. Did you forget Carl Peterson and his abyssmal drafts and player acquisitions?

Fish
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Now the draft a QB thing. The fucking draft hasn't even happened yet, shit the SuperBowl hasn't happened and you guys are crying about shit that has happened in the past that has nothing to do with the future. We don't know if we will trade up or not. No one in the organization has been in this situation before, not Pioli or Clark, so can we atleast wait for the draft. As i've shown, Clark is doing what he thinks is right and plus he's a business man he's not going to blow his money because some people in a forum want him too.

I for one think we are in a great position both Pioli and Rac are trying to save there asses and if it comes down to Pioli or Cassel who do you think will be gone first. Now, if we don't sign Bowe and Carr, go into the season with just Cassel and don't draft a qb or at least let Stanzi battle with Cassel then we should burn the place down, but until then.....

That's a contradictory mess of stupid.

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself.

PunkinDrublic
01-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I don't get all the Pioli hate. Did you forget Carl Peterson and his abyssmal drafts and player acquisitions?

Matt Cassel alone is enough to warrant the Pioli hate.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't get all the Pioli hate. Did you forget Carl Peterson and his abyssmal drafts and player acquisitions?

That's part of what I'm saying too. Looks like two somewhat solid drafts, and one AFC West Championship. Yea he brought us Cassel, but he did pretty good with the Pats so it seemed like a steal. Plus 27/7 ain't to bad.

BigChiefFan
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Yeah, Pioli should have gome into the season with Croyle and Thigpen. ;)

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2012, 10:46 AM
That's part of what I'm saying too. Looks like two somewhat solid drafts, and one AFC West Championship. Yea he brought us Cassel, but he did pretty good with the Pats so it seemed like a steal. Plus 27/7 ain't to bad.

Prepare for your rep to be raped

PunkinDrublic
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Yeah, Pioli should have gome into the season with Croyle and Thigpen. ;)

Right because the choice was either Cassel or those two.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Prepare for your rep to be raped

LMAO
I know.

I'm no big Cassel fan, but at the time it looked like it could work. But, now we see the suckage that is Cassel.

BigChiefFan
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Right because the choice was either Cassel or those two.

Yeah, I'm sure we could have traded a 2nd rounder and had Manning or kept it and made a stellar pick like Bartee, in the days of old.

Given the circumstances it was a reasonable move.

scho63
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
We are in GREAT shape??? Are you smoking crack????

1971-2011
40 years
11 playoff appearances
3-11 = .214 winning percentage
18 f*cking years without a playoff win
ONE Conference Championship game (thanks to Joe Montana-who by the way has 66% of our playoff wins in the last 40 years)
ZERO Super Bowl appearances

Yeah, I feel real great.....

CoMoChief
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
This is a GM who foolishly went into his first draft blindfolded. Wasn't the previous regime's scouting dept still getting info for the upcoming draft, which wasn't that far away, and Pioli just kicked them all to the curb and basically said **** it, I'll do this with some little info I got from when I was in NE?

At the time, we desperately needed to do something about a QB. Thigpen or Croyle weren't ever going to cut it and everyone knew that. So obviously it was the right move at the time. Problem is, Cassel still sucks, and now we can't still spend another season wondering if Cassel is going to cut it while he learns under and new OC (whoever that may be).

kaplin42
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM

Now the draft a QB thing. The ****ing draft hasn't even happened yet, shit the SuperBowl hasn't happened and you guys are crying about shit that has happened in the past that has nothing to do with the future. We don't know if we will trade up or not. No one in the organization has been in this situation before, not Pioli or Clark, so can we atleast wait for the draft. As i've shown, Clark is doing what he thinks is right and plus he's a business man he's not going to blow his money because some people in a forum want him too.

TLDR = Clark Hunt's boy butter is a perferct spread on my morning toast.

Fish
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
LMAO
I know.

I'm no big Cassel fan, but at the time it looked like it could work. But, now we see the suckage that is Cassel.

Yeah.... you repeated that several times in the OP....

I guess just doing "what looks like it could work" is perfectly acceptable in your eyes, results be damned?

Great way to run a franchise....

Mile High Mania
01-10-2012, 11:02 AM
I think KC is in a great position because they will get Charles, Moeaki and Berry back from injury in 2012 ... that's what really tanked your season. Maybe they can tinker with and screw up the mix now.

HemiEd
I can definitely see that, but it's not old man Hunt, nor is it Carl. We might not go out and spend like crazy, but we're making real improvements.

They have been making the EXACT same mistakes for the 40 + years I have been watching them.

The only common denominator is who or what? I don't want to believe it either but it is HUNT.

Heck, the Stadium has even changed in that time frame.

L.A. Chieffan
Buncha of negative nellys around here. You know what everybody on this board needs? a lithium, or maybe a diet coke

Deberg_1990
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Its all pure speculation. Nobody knows if Pioli's job is in danger or not.

My guess is its not, not matter what how good or bad Crennel does. As long as the stands are full and the Chiefs win more than 4 games a year, his job is safe.

the Talking Can
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
pioli posts on the planet?

Royal Fanatic
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
The first 37 years of evidence aren't exactly relevant. You can't hold Pioli accountable for the mistakes that were made before he got here.

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 11:15 AM

Nope. I'm reminded of Carl every time I see or hear Pioli, who is his doppelganger.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 11:25 AM
The first 37 years of evidence aren't exactly relevant. You can't hold Pioli accountable for the mistakes that were made before he got here.

We can hold him accountable for making the same mistakes they were making before he got here.

It is not hard to understand really, he could have spent 2 days reading, and found out what they were.

They appear to be mandated.

scho63
01-10-2012, 11:26 AM

:rolleyes:

Oh really? This franchise has been ruled by only one family and it's their record we have to go by. if the Hunt Family was an employee for any company and we needed to evaluate their record, the answer would be; "YOU'RE FIRED!"

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"-Winston Churchill

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Buncha of negative nellys around here. You know what everybody on this board needs? a lithium, or maybe a diet coke

A new QB would heal A LOT of wounds.

scho63
01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
A new QB would heal A LOT of wounds.

I really don't care who's our coach, who's our QB, who's our GM, I just want to f*cking start winning playoff games and get a Super Bowl before I die!!!

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah.... you repeated that several times in the OP....

I guess just doing "what looks like it could work" is perfectly acceptable in your eyes, results be damned?

Great way to run a franchise....

How would you do it? Pick something that looks like it won't work? That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. If you think it will work, you go for it. Why is that hard to understand.

SNR
01-10-2012, 12:38 PM
I really don't care who's our coach, who's our QB, who's our GM, I just want to f*cking start winning playoff games and get a Super Bowl before I die!!!You should start caring about the QB more. It's the only way we're going to reach a Super Bowl.

loochy
01-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I just want to f*cking start winning playoff games and get a Super Bowl before I die!!!

Then you should care who the coach, QB, and GM are.

Hydrae
01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
We are in GREAT shape??? Are you smoking crack????

1971-2011
40 years
11 playoff appearances
3-11 = .214 winning percentage
18 f*cking years without a playoff win
ONE Conference Championship game (thanks to Joe Montana-who by the way has 66% of our playoff wins in the last 40 years)
ZERO Super Bowl appearances

Yeah, I feel real great.....

This is the poster child of what the OP was talking about. We Chiefs fans can get so wrapped up in our past that we neglect to look forward sometimes (often).

Yes, we are in great shape. We almost won our division with three (four if you want to count the worthless QB) of our best players on the sideline for the entire season. With them coming back, and our youngsters with another year of experience, we have a solid shot at a very good season coming up. But around here it is all doom and gloom. Buck up folks, this team is moving in the right direction and should have a solid future ahead.

Now if only we had a competent QB...

boogblaster
01-10-2012, 12:57 PM
we need a QB and some OL .. and our injured players bak healthy ... D is pretty much ok ......

KC Tattoo
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM
With the new rookie cap space in place, there is absolutely no excuse for us not to go out of our way to draft a highly touted QBotf.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 01:18 PM
This is the poster child of what the OP was talking about. We Chiefs fans can get so wrapped up in our past that we neglect to look forward sometimes (often).

Yes, we are in great shape. We almost won our division with three (four if you want to count the worthless QB) of our best players on the sideline for the entire season. With them coming back, and our youngsters with another year of experience, we have a solid shot at a very good season coming up. But around here it is all doom and gloom. Buck up folks, this team is moving in the right direction and should have a solid future ahead.

I keep hearing that this team is built to win and we're in good shape for the future and then it's all qualified with "but we still need a QB".

Does everybody realize that the part in bold is quite possibly the MOST difficult thing to fix in all of football? Without the QB, we're not "built" for anything. We're not in great shape, AT ALL.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM
To me we are in a so close, yet so far situation. If you add a QB to this team, then we become serious contenders right away IMO(assuming Bowe and Carr are back and the injuried are healthy). If we don't have a QB, we are floating around with no real hope.

If you want to feel good about this team go play Madden 2010 and look at the roster. The issue is that the QB position, as mentioned above, is the hardest position to fix. The other major problem is our organization has shown no real determination to fix it.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
To me we are in a so close, yet so far situation. If you add a QB to this team, then we become serious contenders right away IMO(assuming Bowe and Carr are back and the injuried are healthy). If we don't have a QB, we are floating around with no real hope.

If you want to feel good about this team go play Madden 2010 and look at the roster. The issue is that the QB position, as mentioned above, is the hardest position to fix. The other major problem is our organization has shown no real determination to fix it.

I can't really agree with you stance here. Matty Light did the electric slide into the Probowl last year. Then this year he played worse, got hurt, then we picked up Orton. What more could they have done this year. You couldn't cut Matt Castaway after he went to the Pro-Bowl.

Simplicity
01-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh my gawdddd. Deeznutz stop your btchin... All you guys ever do is ASSUME and jump to CONCLUSIONS....
Cassel is not as bad as you guys say he is.
Pioli is fine.
Hunt is fine...
NOW STFU.

whoman69
01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
We've heard it out of multiple mouths, Cassel is back. What has he shown except that he doesn't know how to move his protections, go through his progressions, has little confidence in throwing the ball down the field, does not have a deep ball and plays like crap against good defenses. That tells me Pioli can't see his experiment has failed. Tell me again why we should be confident about Pioli?

scho63
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM

:hmmm:

I have been looking forward for 40 straight years and I always start out as a cock-eyed optimist but the Chiefs bring me right back to planet Earth.

Here's a little history lesson/reminder if you are old enough: During our glory days of playoff appearances in the 90's, we were scoring like Charlie Sheen at a hookers convention but we had a TERRIBLE defense that couldn't stop anyone and we lost many games like 41-38.

This year it's all about our pathetic offense that can't score a f*cking point in the Red Zone and was the lowest scoring team in our history!

What's the point to this? There is always an excuse with this team from some angle.

My theory after 40 years of pain for this management: Put up or shut up!

I like a lot of what I see but I also see very little depth and a horrible offense.

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Oh my gawdddd. Deeznutz stop your btchin... All you guys ever do is ASSUME and jump to CONCLUSIONS....
Pioli is fine.
Hunt is fine...
NOW STFU.

LMAO.

HemiEd
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM
LMAO.

LMAOLMAO

Fish
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
How would you do it? Pick something that looks like it won't work? That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. If you think it will work, you go for it. Why is that hard to understand.

It's hard to understand because you're oversimplifying it to a painful degree. The Chiefs aren't paying Pioli millions of dollars a year to just make guesses on what he thinks might work. That's why they have a large group of people working for them who's sole job is to scout and gather information on potential players. It's a complex process that can't be simplified down to one guy making guesses. A process that most teams can rely on with a definable expectation of results. It just so happens that Pioli's record of drafting has never really been that great. And we're starting to see that many of his decisions since taking over as GM of the Chiefs have been complete failures.

And you start this thread saying "Look guys, Pioli has failed at this and this and this, but isn't it great that they're trying? Just imagine if they'd actually do this thing right for a change. Maybe next year... WHOOO!" While people who've followed this franchise for decades are saying "Dammit, it looks like the same pile of stinking shit, with a different man behind the shovel. They're still ignoring the most important position on the field, and offering up the same excuses we've heard for decades."

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
It's hard to understand because you're oversimplifying it to a painful degree. The Chiefs aren't paying Pioli millions of dollars a year to just make guesses on what he thinks might work. That's why they have a large group of people working for them who's sole job is to scout and gather information on potential players. It's a complex process that can't be simplified down to one guy making guesses. A process that most teams can rely on with a definable expectation of results. It just so happens that Pioli's record of drafting has never really been that great. And we're starting to see that many of his decisions since taking over as GM of the Chiefs have been complete failures.

And you start this thread saying "Look guys, Pioli has failed at this and this and this, but isn't it great that they're trying? Just imagine if they'd actually do this thing right for a change. Maybe next year... WHOOO!" While people who've followed this franchise for decades are saying "Dammit, it looks like the same pile of stinking shit, with a different man behind the shovel. They're still ignoring the most important position on the field, and offering up the same excuses we've heard for decades."

All of that and it's the same damn thing. These "team of experts" or whatever you want to call them is going to make the decision based oh what they feel is right, right? That's the same that happened here. I'm saying I don't give a fuck about the past 40 years. Clark started a couple of years ago and so far: hired "the best GM", the best OC, the best DC, and a coordinator you led an offense to the superbowl. Yet, people such as yourself still want to bitch about 40 years before that. Why don't you hop in your delorien and go back there. Carl has nothing to do with Pioli. I can understand wanting more, wanting better, but fuck what more could the man (Pioli or Clark) have done.

And for the bolded part, are you talking before here, with the Pats, that won how many SuperBowls? There isn't anyone out there that is going to hit on every single pick. We are leaps and bounds better than we were before, yet you guys want to live in the past. Well, doing that shit isn't going to get us a ring either.

Fish
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
All of that and it's the same damn thing. These "team of experts" or whatever you want to call them is going to make the decision based oh what they feel is right, right? That's the same that happened here. I'm saying I don't give a fuck about the past 40 years. Clark started a couple of years ago and so far: hired "the best GM", the best OC, the best DC, and a coordinator you led an offense to the superbowl. Yet, people such as yourself still want to bitch about 40 years before that. Why don't you hop in your delorien and go back there. Carl has nothing to do with Pioli. I can understand wanting more, wanting better, but fuck what more could the man (Pioli or Clark) have done.

And for the bolded part, are you talking before here, with the Pats, that won how many SuperBowls? There isn't anyone out there that is going to hit on every single pick. We are leaps and bounds better than we were before, yet you guys want to live in the past. Well, doing that shit isn't going to get us a ring either.

The only thing the past has to do with the conversation is the fact that Pioli is making the same mistakes that have been made in the past. That's the only reason people are bringing up the past. Because they've seen it before, and they can see no difference in the way Pioli is doing things now.

And speaking of the past, why do you keep referring to it when describing the coordinators that Pioli chose? Why do you reference their past accomplishments, yet chide others for referencing past results?

And if those coordinators were the "best", as you say, why is it that Pioli has been through 4 different offensive coordinators now?

Leaps and bounds better huh? How are we leaps and bounds better, while sitting on a 21-27 record since Pioli has been here?

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
The only thing the past has to do with the conversation is the fact that Pioli is making the same mistakes that have been made in the past. That's the only reason people are bringing up the past. Because they've seen it before, and they can see no difference in the way Pioli is doing things now.

And speaking of the past, why do you keep referring to it when describing the coordinators that Pioli chose? Why do you reference their past accomplishments, yet chide others for referencing past results?

And if those coordinators were the "best", as you say, why is it that Pioli has been through 4 different offensive coordinators now?

Leaps and bounds better huh? How are we leaps and bounds better, while sitting on a 21-27 record since Pioli has been here?

I'm starting when Clark officially took over. It's only been a couple of years. You guys are blaming Clark for shit that happened when he was still sucking from his moms teet.

At the time of the hires, who were better than Weis and Crennel? As for Haley, if you were running a franchise wouldn't you want the guy that ran the high powered offense that just went to the superbowl?

Galey wasn't retained, cast off from old regime (doesn't mean he wasn't good)

Haley sucked as OC (turns out it was Weisenhunts offense not Haley's, plus having Fitz and Warner helps) Missed that one

Weis didn't like Haley, or whatever (he was still good)

And if you mean Gramps as the fourth OC. I don't know what that was about.

Haley, Weis and Crennel were great hires. We can't go back now and say, "see, we should've never hired the OC from a Superbowl team, or an OC from a Superbowl winning team."

Now, I'll give you the last part. We aren't leaps and bounds better, that was a bit of an overstatement on my part, but I'll take these Chiefs over Herms, Vermeils, and Gunthers. (I would love to have Vermeils, but that defense was so bad it makes it a wash for me)

Caseyguyrr
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Sign Carr

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Sign Carr

It's a must

Caseyguyrr
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
It's a must

we're fucked without him

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
we're fucked without him

Indeed

MTG#10
01-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Pioli is fine.
Hunt is fine...
NOW STFU.

Not sure if serious...

Fish
01-10-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm starting when Clark officially took over. It's only been a couple of years. You guys are blaming Clark for shit that happened when he was still sucking from his moms teet.

At the time of the hires, who were better than Weis and Crennel? As for Haley, if you were running a franchise wouldn't you want the guy that ran the high powered offense that just went to the superbowl?

Haley sucked as OC (turns out it was Weisenhunts offense not Haley's, plus having Fitz and Warner helps) Missed that one

Haley, Weis and Crennel were great hires. We can't go back now and say, "see, we should've never hired the OC from a Superbowl team, or an OC from a Superbowl winning team."

Now, I'll give you the last part. We aren't leaps and bounds better, that was a bit of an overstatement on my part, but I'll take these Chiefs over Herms, Vermeils, and Gunthers. (I would love to have Vermeils, but that defense was so bad it makes it a wash for me)

No.... I'm blaming Clark for shit he's done since he's been here. Shit that just so happens to mirror what happened before he was here. I don't understand why you can't see the difference.

Since Clark took over, the Chiefs have went 27-53. In the 5 years before that, the Chiefs were 47-33. You sure you would prefer the last 5 years of Clark?

scho63
01-10-2012, 03:34 PM

"The acorn didn't fall from from the tree."

"He is his father's son."

"His father taught him how to make money like a Hunt."

Shall I continue?

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 03:36 PM
When Clark took over, his stated priority was to draft and develop a QB.

In yesterday's presser, he said we needed to draft well and retain our home-grown talent. No mention of QB.

Clark can go fuck himself.

Caseyguyrr
01-10-2012, 03:38 PM
hes a hypocrite, and ruining the franchise

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM
No.... I'm blaming Clark for shit he's done since he's been here. Shit that just so happens to mirror what happened before he was here. I don't understand why you can't see the difference.

Since Clark took over, the Chiefs have went 27-53. In the 5 years before that, the Chiefs were 47-33. You sure you would prefer the last 5 years of Clark?

I do see the difference, but that doesn't have shit to do with what is going on this year right now. If we come out next year with Casselvania as our QB and no other plans (Stanzi being ready or a QB this year) then I will agree, but it hasn't even happened yet and people are flipping out.

And yes I would take this five over the previous five. At the end of the previous five, we had to blow the whole thing up. We don't have to do that this time.

Epic Fail 007
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Cassel was the only option at the time!:banghead:Get off that argument its lame

Fish
01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I do see the difference, but that doesn't have shit to do with what is going on this year right now. If we come out next year with Casselvania as our QB and no other plans (Stanzi being ready or a QB this year) then I will agree, but it hasn't even happened yet and people are flipping out.

And yes I would take this five over the previous five. At the end of the previous five, we had to blow the whole thing up. We don't have to do that this time.

Again with the exceptions to the praise thread...

Has Clark shown you anything in the last 5 years that makes you think he's serious about drafting and developing a franchise QB? Just in the last 5 years since he's been here. He said he would do so when he took over. Why are you so sure he'll change in year 6? That's what's missing for me...

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Again with the exceptions to the praise thread...

Has Clark shown you anything in the last 5 years that makes you think he's serious about drafting and developing a franchise QB? Just in the last 5 years since he's been here. He said he would do so when he took over. Why are you so sure he'll change in year 6? That's what's missing for me...

If you are in a postion to trade a second round pick for a qB that had an 89 something rating and a 10-5 record the year before, you do it. That takes up three years right there. Didn't we draft Brokie somewhere in there before that? They thought he was it, he wasn't, but they tried. They drafted Stanzi, he hasn't played but they did something.

I want what you want too, I'll give me a few more to show me something. If you choose not to thats cool.

Time to go home see you nuts in a few hours

whoman69
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM

It hasn't happened yet but everyone looking at the Chiefs and talking to them thinks Cassel will be back. There was even a thread stating Crennel believed he would be back. If you can find one source that has talked to people in the organization and says that he won't, let us know.

el borracho
01-10-2012, 07:04 PM
We have no QB on the roster and are not in a position to get a QB. Explain to me how that gets fixed and I might feel better.

Spott
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I really don't care who's our coach, who's our QB, who's our GM, I just want to f*cking start winning playoff games and get a Super Bowl before I die!!!

The sooner you accept the fact that it will never happen the better off you'll be.

Dayze
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
The sooner you accept the fact that it will never happen the better off you'll be.

Lol. This LMAO

KC Tattoo
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Cassel was the only option at the time!:banghead:Get off that argument its lame

How in the world was Cassel the only option? There were plenty of options if they wern't hell bent on aquiring Cassel in the first place. He sure the fuck didn't have to pay him elite money to go with him before he proved he fucking sucked.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I can't really agree with you stance here. Matty Light did the electric slide into the Probowl last year. Then this year he played worse, got hurt, then we picked up Orton. What more could they have done this year. You couldn't cut Matt Castaway after he went to the Pro-Bowl.

I guess not even thinking about Stanzi made me think even more they are comfortable with Cassel. They could have just stayed with Orton to win short-term but I don't like that thinking.

I agree that this is the offseason that Cassel would be cut if Pioli knows what he is doing. Maybe its just all the years of not making the right decision, or the rumors that Pioli still likes Cassel. This team just hasn't shown me that they understand HOW important the QB is.

Again, I would LOVE to come back to these posts in 6 months and call you a prophet. It would make my year.

J Diddy
01-10-2012, 07:49 PM
I guess not even thinking about Stanzi made me think even more they are comfortable with Cassel. They could have just stayed with Orton to win short-term but I don't like that thinking.

I agree that this is the offseason that Cassel would be cut if Pioli knows what he is doing. Maybe its just all the years of not making the right decision, or the rumors that Pioli still likes Cassel. This team just hasn't shown me that they understand HOW important the QB is.

Again, I would LOVE to come back to these posts in 6 months and call you a prophet. It would make my year.

The final 3 games were a job interview, plain and simple. If he'd have played Stanzi he would probably not be the head coach.

There are 2 ways that you could argue this. The first being playing the rookie and giving him a chance to develop was best for the franchise, but most likely would have lost the guy they deemed to be the best fit as a head coach. The second being, we got the best fit at head coach and that's what's best for the franchise.

notorious
01-10-2012, 07:55 PM

This.

KC Tattoo
01-10-2012, 07:56 PM
We have no QB on the roster and are not in a position to get a QB. Explain to me how that gets fixed and I might feel better.

We can pick a QB in this years draft, let him duke it out with Stanzi. Go back next year in the draft and pick another QB so we can get better odds of grasping one through the draft. We have neglected the QB spot in the draft for three decades so that is where we are now and paying for it with playoff inaptude.

The new rookie cap space will allow us to take chances on QBs in the draft & build a program to develop them or get value from having them play a season. You can not aquire too much tallent for compitition at the most key positions.

Chocolate Hog
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
When Clark took over, his stated priority was to draft and develop a QB.

In yesterday's presser, he said we needed to draft well and retain our home-grown talent. No mention of QB.

Clark can go **** himself.

Matt Cassel has won games and taken this team to the playoffs before.

NJChiefsFan
01-10-2012, 08:29 PM
The final 3 games were a job interview, plain and simple. If he'd have played Stanzi he would probably not be the head coach.

There are 2 ways that you could argue this. The first being playing the rookie and giving him a chance to develop was best for the franchise, but most likely would have lost the guy they deemed to be the best fit as a head coach. The second being, we got the best fit at head coach and that's what's best for the franchise.

I agree and don't blame Crennel at all. I just think Pioli should have stepped in and made the decision. I don't like the idea of using the last 3 games to test out the HC instead of the young QB.

Fish
01-10-2012, 10:27 PM
If you are in a postion to trade a second round pick for a qB that had an 89 something rating and a 10-5 record the year before, you do it. That takes up three years right there. Didn't we draft Brokie somewhere in there before that? They thought he was it, he wasn't, but they tried. They drafted Stanzi, he hasn't played but they did something.

I want what you want too, I'll give me a few more to show me something. If you choose not to thats cool.

Time to go home see you nuts in a few hours

If it were me... I'd look at his previous experience, and see that he had been a perennial backup his entire existence... Having not started an entire college game and all... That might play in to the decision just a little bit.

"They tried." isn't good enough for a franchise that hasn't won shit for 20 years. .

whoman69
01-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Matt Cassel has won games and taken this team to the playoffs before.

Can you name all the teams with winning records at the end of the year that Cassel has beaten since coming to KC? Hint, you can count them on one hand. Further hint, he had 0 this year in his 9 starts but maybe that's not fair since we only played one team with a winning record while he was starting and we were 4-5.

The answer is two, 9-7 San Diego last year and 9-7 Pittsburg in 2009. He was 10-22 for 68 yards with 1 TD against the Chargers and he was 15-30 for 248 yards against the Steelers with 2 TD. Both games featured a special teams score. For the record he was 0-1 last year, 1-2 in 2010, 1-5 in 2009. That gives him a smoldering 16-13 record against teams .500 or lower.

Now, how many times has Matt Cassel thrown for under 150 yards since coming here? 9. He's completed 57.2% of his passes with the Chiefs which is 3 points below league average.

In all that time his apologists always have the excuses ready. His receivers weren't good enough, his line wasn't good enough, all the injuries. He couldn't hit his receivers, he held on to the ball too long and the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 guys on IR last year.

Stop making excuses for the guy and admit he is a below average QB that needs to go.

BigChiefFan
01-10-2012, 10:48 PM

This is actually a solid post. His points are valid.

Carl sucked so bad, that Pioli is being lumped in with Carl's ineptness.

Carl had SEVENTEEN FRIGGIN' YEARS, Pioli, is just getting started. Night and Day.

****... this is only year four, of the five year plan...

;)

ROYC75
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM

LOL Hey, it's ChiefsPlanet.

Cornstock
01-11-2012, 01:53 AM
The frustrating thing about Cassel is he looks competent enough against bottom 10 defenses and sometimes even against the mediocre Ds. These occasional acceptable performances are apparently the only thing the FO is looking at because he is wretched against top 10 Ds and any D that we would hypothetically face in the playoffs, should we ever return in spite of him.

farmerchief
01-11-2012, 05:45 AM
The frustrating thing about Cassel is he looks competent enough against bottom 10 defenses and sometimes even against the mediocre Ds. These occasional acceptable performances are apparently the only thing the FO is looking at because he is wretched against top 10 Ds and any D that we would hypothetically face in the playoffs, should we ever return in spite of him.

Cassel, is a backup QB, fact, clear and simple. He is good enough to come in and hope, help you win a few games if needed, but not good enough to win games for you all season! Nice to have, when needed, but not the mainstay of your offense! Sad but true...:huh:

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 06:55 AM
This is actually a solid post. His points are valid.

Carl sucked so bad, that Pioli is being lumped in with Carl's ineptness.

Carl had SEVENTEEN FRIGGIN' YEARS, Pioli, is just getting started. Night and Day.

****... this is only year four, of the five year plan...

;)

Actually, it's year ONE. We're stuck in the same place we were the day he arrived.

durtyrute
01-11-2012, 07:34 AM
If it were me... I'd look at his previous experience, and see that he had been a perennial backup his entire existence... Having not started an entire college game and all... That might play in to the decision just a little bit.

"They tried." isn't good enough for a franchise that hasn't won shit for 20 years. .

They swung big and missed. One can't possibly say now "oh it if were me I would have done the exact opposite since I know how it all worked out" Yea I'm sure they looked at his non playing experience, but I'm also sure they looked at what he did on the field and I guess that won.

You keep saying you don't want them to "try" or to go after someone they think is going to work. Well then what do you want them to do?

For me, it comes down to this offseason. I want either Cassel cut, benched or at least someone ready to take over the following year.

InChiefsHell
01-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Actually, it's year ONE. We're stuck in the same place we were the day he arrived.

But we've learned SO MUCH since then...

BigChiefFan
01-11-2012, 10:38 AM

I disagree. I believe we are a franchise QB away from really turning the corner. We have some holes to fill, but if we are able to re-sign our players, add a few quality FAs and still add some picks in the draft(and undrafted rookies), plus Luck and we're an ascending team on the rise.

Chocolate Hog
01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Can you name all the teams with winning records at the end of the year that Cassel has beaten since coming to KC? Hint, you can count them on one hand. Further hint, he had 0 this year in his 9 starts but maybe that's not fair since we only played one team with a winning record while he was starting and we were 4-5.

The answer is two, 9-7 San Diego last year and 9-7 Pittsburg in 2009. He was 10-22 for 68 yards with 1 TD against the Chargers and he was 15-30 for 248 yards against the Steelers with 2 TD. Both games featured a special teams score. For the record he was 0-1 last year, 1-2 in 2010, 1-5 in 2009. That gives him a smoldering 16-13 record against teams .500 or lower.

Now, how many times has Matt Cassel thrown for under 150 yards since coming here? 9. He's completed 57.2% of his passes with the Chiefs which is 3 points below league average.

In all that time his apologists always have the excuses ready. His receivers weren't good enough, his line wasn't good enough, all the injuries. He couldn't hit his receivers, he held on to the ball too long and the Green Bay Packers won the Super Bowl with 16 guys on IR last year.

Stop making excuses for the guy and admit he is a below average QB that needs to go.

Your sarcasm meter is broke.