PDA

View Full Version : Sac's 2012 End of Season Mock

Pages : [1] 2

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM
1. Peter Konz, C; Wisconsin: 6'3", 313 lbs.
- Yep, it's a ten pick reach at minimum, but Casey Wiegmann, while one of the best at his position during his career, is sniffing 40 and contemplated retirement before this past season. Rather than moving Hudson to center, keep him at guard (where he was a three time ACC first teamer & AP AA) and get a guy like Konz when you have the chance. He's big, physical and has the strength to handle even the biggest defensive tackles. I don't know if he's as good as Alex Mack at the same stage, but he reminds me a lot of him.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Peter-Konz.jpg

Other options would include OT's Riley Rieff or Jon Martin; ILB's Luke Kuechly or Dont'a Hightower (no Burfict as he hasn't shown the instincts to play at the next level or the capability to be anything other than a 15 yard personal foul waiting to happen).

2. Matt Reynolds, OT; BYU: 6'6", 330 lbs.
- Reynolds is a four year starter, and three year conference first teamer at left tackle. This also might be a bit of a reach, but he won't last beyond the second round and is most likely a better pro prospect than any offensive tackle beyond the top three. He's very athletic for a guy his size and could effectively play either side of the line. Plays nasty and through the whistle. Barry Richardson might be the worst starting offensive tackle in the NFL and the position needs to be addressed immediately. If the Chiefs don't get a shot at one of the top three in the first round, it needs to be addressed here - and Pioli has also shown the propensity to draft offensive line in the second round.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1008/cfb.preview.top10.non-bcs.players/images/matt-reynolds-opm5-26361.jpg

3. Derrek Wolfe, DT; Cincinatti: 6'5", 310 lbs.
- Initially, I would have loved the Chiefs to have picked up Wolfe in the 5th round, but after a monster 2011 season where he had 19.5 tackles for a loss and 9.5 sacks from the defensive tackle position for the Bearcats, he's going to be a riser, especially at the 3-4 defensive end spot where his length and speed to go along with his size are damn near prototype for the position. Jackson flashed a couple times in 2011 for the Chiefs, but Dorsey just looks like a "guy" out there and has a tendency to get absolutely engulfed by NFL guards.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Yd4o47tdgzn/340x.jpg

4. Vick Ballard, RB; Mississippi State: 5'11", 215 lbs.
- With teams loading the box in an effort to stop him (because the Bulldogs didn't have much else offensively), Ballard still managed over 1000 yards on a 5.6 yards per carry. He's physically solid with good muscle mass and has very good vision. Is effective inside as well as out and is a good receiver. He went for 180 yards and two TD's in the Music City Bowl to close out his college career. He's a really good runnning back that would effectively fill the Thomas Jones spot in the lineup.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/328/047/125120073_display_image.jpg?1316556081

5. Tank Carder, MLB; TCU; 6'2", 240 lbs.
- With the two best blocking tight ends (Lutzenkirchen and Williams) going back to school for the 2013 season, this gets changed to linebacking stud Carder, who is the two-time MWC Defensive Player of the Year. Very instinctive and fundamentally sound, he was asked to do a lot in the middle playing in TCU's oddball 4-2-5 defense. Is effective in both coverage and filling the gaps on runs. Likes to put the big hit on carriers, but also plays smart. Is long and would be capable of carrying more weight to play inside in a 34. MVP of the 2011 Rosebowl when TCU beat a very good Wisconsin team. The guy can play some football.

http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2011/11/08/23/31/Jow2D.St.36.jpg

6. Sean Cattouse, SS; California: 6'2", 215 lbs.
- With the loss of Berry at the start of the season, it highlighted the lack of depth that the Chiefs have at the strong safety position. McGraw has superb instincts but runs like he's in molasses. Sabby was a stopgap because of the injury. Cattouse has been solid for the Bears all season and one of the few bright spots on their defense. He's big, fast, likes to put the big hit on guys and has the tools to be an effective player with coaching. This is what you want in a backup strong safety.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/510/984/94268417_display_image.jpg?1320215816

7. Nick Provo, TE; Syracuse: 6'4", 250 lbs.
- Originally this was Caleb McSurdy, ILB; Montana, but with the pick of Carder in the fifth, another productive tight end on the roster is needed. Provo was First Team All-Big East in 2011 and set the Syracuse school record for career receptions for a tight end despite really only getting onto the field his junior and senior seasons. A Mackey semi-finalist in 2011.

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/auburnpub.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/51/e512aaee-efac-11df-86bd-001cc4c002e0/4cdf6e47c239a.image.jpg

BryanBusby
01-10-2012, 01:04 PM
This is going to be amusing

Munson
01-10-2012, 01:05 PM
True fans everywhere are fapping to the thought of taking a C and OT in the first two rounds. But to be fair, these are two positions in need of a major upgrade.

SNR
01-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I really like the Konz pick.

Who do you think should start at QB this year, Sac? Are we getting Flynn? Stanzi? Orton? The unspeakable one?

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Enjoy your mocks, Sac.

Let me go read this one.

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Pretty good mock, except for the first round.

A center is just really, really silly to take in the first round.

Bump
01-10-2012, 01:13 PM
we drafted a center in the 2nd last year, we're not drafting one in the first. That's just fucking stupid.

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Why no QB? Everyone wants a QB, but no one is picking one?

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 01:27 PM

I would tend to agree with you, but Wiegmann is likely to retire and Konz is one of the best centers I've seen in college in the past ten years or so (along with Maurkice Pouncey and Alex Mack). Guy is a stud and he'll be picked around the mid to low teens to mid to low 20's in the draft. Chiefs need a center as I'd really like to see Rod Hudson take the starting guard spot from Lilja this next season. An interior of Hudson, Konz, Asamoah would do a lot to change our inability to run effectively in the red zone. Add a solid tackle, let the best man win at LT and put the other guy at RT and that's a really nice, young offensive line.

LT: Albert/Reynolds
LG: Hudson
C: Konz
RG: Asamoah
RT: Reynolds/Albert

I'm still not sold on Albert as a LT, but having Hudson there on a consistent basis should do wonders. That's a line that has potential.

If you wanted to go elsewhere with the first pick, I do like Grant Garner a lot from Oklahoma State as well. He's a really solid center prospect. Maybe Dave Molk from Michigan (who seems to be a Wiegmann clone and would be a good guy if they stay in the zone blocking scheme). Other than that, there's not much to get excited about at that position.

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Mack

Pouncey

Konz

Mack is the only center I've seen in my young lifetime that I'd drop a 1st on. And I would never have done it #12 overall.

Sometimes I think you're just trolling.

Urc Burry
01-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Drafting a tackle out of BYU..I'm so surprised

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey, we'd do well to land Matt Reynolds in the 2nd.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Why no QB? Everyone wants a QB, but no one is picking one?

Because beyond the first two, there isn't much to get excited about. And barring a complete sell of the draft, we aren't going to move up for either Luck or Griffin.

Nick Foles is kind of a Cassel clone with a bigger arm. Athletic with prototype size, but the knock on him is that he has a tendency to lock onto his first receiver and never go away from him.

The guy I really like is Kellen Moore of Boise State, but he's 6'0", 185 lbs. and that makes him a late day draft pick in the modern NFL. However, the guy is an absolute winner - in fact, he's the winningest quarterback in college football history. With his destruction of Arizona State in the Maaco Bowl, he closed out his career with 50 wins. That's right. 50. And it's not like Boise State ducked anyone during his four years as a starter.

A career passer rating of 169.9 and a remarkable senior season with 3,800 yards on 326/439 passing and 43 TD's to 9 Ints (which was first in the FBS in completion percentage).

I wouldn't mind it a bit if the Chiefs picked him up in the fourth/fifth round if he was still there. Put him on the roster and see what happens. I wouldn't bet against him.

Add to that that they picked Stanzi last year. I'd really like to see him given a chance versus having Orton and Cassel both on the roster.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
About the only thing I agree with is the analysis of Kellen Moore.

I like Konz but the love of OL is way over the top.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Mack

Pouncey

Konz

Mack is the only center I've seen in my young lifetime that I'd drop a 1st on. And I would never have done it #12 overall.

Sometimes I think you're just trolling.

I agree with you, but it's a different NFL and the center position is more valuable than it used to be. Hell, the other Pouncey brother got picked in the first to play center and he wasn't close to being as good as his brother at that position. Add to that that Konz is a junior. One more season and he would have the potential to be mentioned alongside Mack.

Like I said, it's a ten spot reach, but if the top three OT's are gone along with the two quarterbacks, Konz is as good at his position as anyone in the draft. It's as much a reach taking Konz at that point as it is Kuechly (who is also an absolute stud at his position, but you typically don't take a MLB that high either).

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree with you, but it's a different NFL and the center position is more valuable than it used to be. Hell, the other Pouncey brother got picked in the first to play center and he wasn't close to being as good as his brother at that position. Add to that that Konz is a junior. One more season and he would have the potential to be mentioned alongside Mack.

Like I said, it's a ten spot reach, but if the top three OT's are gone along with the two quarterbacks, Konz is as good at his position as anyone in the draft. It's as much a reach taking Konz at that point as it is Kuechly (who is also an absolute stud at his position, but you typically don't take a MLB that high either).

Under what circumstance would the top three OTs be taken along with the two QBs?

That would push sick talent down to the Chiefs. No need to spoil that by going in the other direction and reaching.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
About the only thing I agree with is the analysis of Kellen Moore.

I like Konz but the love of OL is way over the top.

I think the Chiefs are in a bit of no-man's land at the #11 pick. It's likely that the two quarterbacks and three tackles are gone. (And I think Konz is better at his position than Riley and Martin are at theirs anyway.)

Other than Luke Kuechly and Peter Konz, who is in the draft that the Chiefs should take at that point that is going to be an upgrade to the team? One of the tackles, yes. If they fall. Other than that, I think a guy like Tannehill is a substantially bigger reach than Konz.

And please don't say Dontari Poe.

Dr. Gigglepants
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
As much as I would like to get one of the "other" qb's being talked about in the other thread at #12, I don't see Pioli doing it. I wouldn't mind a stud center, like you said, Weigmann is pushing 40.

Assuming the top tackles are gone I'd be for it. Our line needs upgrading, but it's not far from being a real strength for our team.

Direckshun
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
I think the Chiefs are in a bit of no-man's land at the #11 pick. It's likely that the two quarterbacks and three tackles are gone. (And I think Konz is better at his position than Riley and Martin are at theirs anyway.)

Other than Luke Kuechly and Peter Konz, who is in the draft that the Chiefs should take at that point that is going to be an upgrade to the team? One of the tackles, yes. If they fall. Other than that, I think a guy like Tannehill is a substantially bigger reach than Konz.

And please don't say Dontari Poe.

Assuming they let Carr go, Kirkpatrick.

the Talking Can
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
unless we're trading down, that first pick is baloney

Albert isn't going anywhere, because he's a good LT, so the 2nd round pick is explicitly for a RT

Dorsey is one of the best run stuffing 3-4 DEs in the league and does not have a "tendency to get absolutely engulfed by NFL guards"...jesus drunken christ, but I'm fine drafting DL...

reaching for OL with our first two picks thankfully isn't going to happen, as pioli does generally show an eye for value

i like picks 4/5, don't know anything about 6/7...i'd rather trade down and grab a NT in the first 1st, OL in the second...

*edit

i like moore too, and wouldn't have any problem burning a late round pick on him

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-10-2012, 02:05 PM
You have the most outdated football takes I've ever seen. Building those trenches, the key to winning football in the twenty tens :drool:

LiL stumppy
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
If we can't get a QB in the draft, I don't see a problem with this. Would be a dominate OL.With that OL Orton/ Stanzi could be sucessful, and win a play-off game, no doubt in my mind.

I think if it's not a QB, move back, get a OT/G. And Bank on Orton/Stanzi for another year.

Urc Burry
Hey, we'd do well to land Matt Reynolds in the 2nd.
I haven't seen him mocked in the 2nd at all, let alone of the top of it.

Same story every year.. Hmmmm let's draft some lineman from a shitty conference.. BYU, Utah, Boise State, and Wisconsin being my favorite.

Saccopoo
Under what circumstance would the top three OTs be taken along with the two QBs?

That would push sick talent down to the Chiefs. No need to spoil that by going in the other direction and reaching.

1. Colts: Luck
2. Rams: Blackmon
3. Vikes: Kalil
4. Browns: Griffin
5. Bucs: Richardson
6. Skins: Kirkpatrick
7. Jags: Claiborn
8. Panthers: Couples
9. Dophins: Martin
10. Bills: Riley

So what sick talent is now at the Chiefs? Jeffery? Still? Floyd? DeCastro?

At this point, the pick should be either Konz or Kuechly IMO. Just fits with what the Chiefs need and they are the best two at their position, especially Konz as you could make the argument that Hightower is potentially a better 3-4 MLB with Kuechly's best fit in a 4-3. (Though I think he can play in either effectively.)

LiL stumppy
01-10-2012, 02:12 PM
You have the most outdated football takes I've ever seen. Building those trenches, the key to winning football in the twenty tens :drool:

Games are won up front, if you don't believe that, you have no real football knowledge. Simple.

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
BYU player early. Shocker.

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Games are won up front, if you don't believe that, you have no real football knowledge. Simple.

Games are won under center.

SNR
01-10-2012, 02:16 PM

A center is just really, really silly to take in the first round.Realisticaly, Pouncey, Wisniewski, and Hudson last year weren't centers. At least not the kind of centers you should draft high and build your franchise around. If you take a guy that high, you better be damn sure you're getting a great player.

Konz is a real center. He's fast, agile, big, and strong. With him, it wouldn't matter who was carrying the ball. Jamaal Charles could be our 4th and short running back with Hudson, Konz, and Asamoah.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-10-2012, 02:16 PM

Why don't people understand this yet? Are they still watching 10 plus year old VHS tapes of games and haven't caught up to today's games.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM

So, you come from the past. Welcome to 2012 where QB's rule the league.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I haven't seen him mocked in the 2nd at all, let alone of the top of it.

Same story every year.. Hmmmm let's draft some lineman from a shitty conference.. BYU, Utah, Boise State, and Wisconsin being my favorite.

Yeah...

Those shitty teams have put some shitty players into the NFL of late.

You obviously know a lot. It shows.

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Why don't people understand this yet? Are they still watching 10 plus year old VHS tapes of games and haven't caught up to today's games.

And I don't understand why NFL execs aren't more open about the priority and significance of the position. For example, in his three years here, I can't remember Pioli ever speaking about the QB position more generally. He'll say some things about Cassel, sure, but not about the basic structure of the NFL...that's it's QB-driven.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
So, you come from the past. Welcome to 2012 where QB's rule the league.

How many passes did Tebow complete when the Broncos beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead this past season?

And how many yards did Matt Stafford pass for the past two games, which were both losses?

You still have to control the line of scrimmage.

SNR
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Mack

Pouncey

Konz

Sometimes I think you're just trolling.I'd put Konz above Pouncey and just a sliver below Mack. The Chiefs are getting a great player if they draft Konz.

They SHOULD trade up for a QB, but if they can't find a buyer (read: idiotically don't value the position enough) and some of those really great tackles are gone, then Konz is perfect. We could even do one of your trade down scenarios and grab him a few picks later.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
...reaching for OL with our first two picks thankfully isn't going to happen, as pioli does generally show an eye for value

http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/article-images/jackson_250_camp_8_1_11.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/380/313/103396180_display_image.jpg?1283787304

durtyrute
01-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Because beyond the first two, there isn't much to get excited about. And barring a complete sell of the draft, we aren't going to move up for either Luck or Griffin.

Nick Foles is kind of a Cassel clone with a bigger arm. Athletic with prototype size, but the knock on him is that he has a tendency to lock onto his first receiver and never go away from him.

The guy I really like is Kellen Moore of Boise State, but he's 6'0", 185 lbs. and that makes him a late day draft pick in the modern NFL. However, the guy is an absolute winner - in fact, he's the winningest quarterback in college football history. With his destruction of Arizona State in the Maaco Bowl, he closed out his career with 50 wins. That's right. 50. And it's not like Boise State ducked anyone during his four years as a starter.

A career passer rating of 169.9 and a remarkable senior season with 3,800 yards on 326/439 passing and 43 TD's to 9 Ints (which was first in the FBS in completion percentage).

I wouldn't mind it a bit if the Chiefs picked him up in the fourth/fifth round if he was still there. Put him on the roster and see what happens. I wouldn't bet against him.

Add to that that they picked Stanzi last year. I'd really like to see him given a chance versus having Orton and Cassel both on the roster.

Thanks for that. I don't follow college as much as you guys and was curious.

the Talking Can
01-10-2012, 02:47 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/assets/images/imported/KC/photos/article-images/jackson_250_camp_8_1_11.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/380/313/103396180_display_image.jpg?1283787304

you don't have to tell me...

but he was much better with Berry and Baldwin, Hudson and Asamoah, even Arenas seems better in retrospect...

he grabbed Houston in the 3rd realizing the value, and let Powe drop and never reached...there are signs

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
How many passes did Tebow complete when the Broncos beat the Chiefs in Arrowhead this past season?

And how many yards did Matt Stafford pass for the past two games, which were both losses?

Yeah, because using all those high draft picks on offensive linemen has helped control the line of scrimmage for the Rams...

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah, because using all those high draft picks on offensive linemen has helped control the line of scrimmage for the Rams...

They scored what...10 points a game this year??? LMAO

How many wins and points did Carolina gain by snatching Newton?

LiL stumppy
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM

Very true.

What's true is they both are important, with out both, your nothing.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Very true.

What's true is they both are important, with out both, your nothing.

Tell that to the Saints.

Their starting center is Brian De La Puente.

DeezNutz
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Tell that to the Saints.

Their starting center is Brian De La Puente.

In fairness, imagine where De La Puente would be drafted today...

Dude has fucking made Brees, a lowly second-rounder, play like a HOFer.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Terrible Mock.

Urc Burry
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah...

Those shitty teams have put some shitty players into the NFL of late.

You obviously know a lot. It shows.

Did I call them shitty teams?

How did your boy Zane Taylor turn out? And Brian Bulaga would of been such a steal at the 5th pick in the '10 draft!

Can I safely assume you are mormon for how biased you are of your Utah linemen?

Bewbies
01-10-2012, 03:22 PM
The most surprising part of this mock is the absence of Albert bashing. A big step in the right direction.

Honestly, if that first pick can't be a QB nobody is going to be happy anyway...

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
The most surprising part of this mock is the absence of Albert bashing. A big step in the right direction.

Honestly, if that first pick can't be a QB nobody is going to be happy anyway...

Oh it's not absent. It's just more subtle.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8282928&postcount=9

jd1020
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Pretty much the only pick I like in this mock is the Cattouse pick. I've been pimping him in my mocks for a while.

Peter Konz at 11/12?
Matt Reynolds in the early second? The guy has a pretty universal 3rd-4th projection.
Derek Wolfe in the 3rd?
Vick Ballard in the 4th? Give me Robert Turbin in the 4th. Give me Vick Ballard/Tauren Poole in the 5th+.

No clue who the 5th/7th round picks are so I can't comment but they probably fall in line with the overall theme of the rest of this.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM

The Rams, to quote the crusader in Indiana Jones, picked poorly. I didn't like Smith going into the draft. I think Saffold, a second round pick, is pretty good, but is better suited to the right side. And, in all honesty, they don't have a very good interior line.

As much crap as I give Albert, he did have an okay year this past year. The Chiefs need a right tackle however. They also need a center.

With the defensive improvements that we've seen this past year and the return of Berry next season, having a bit more leverage in ball control situations (which we haven't had in the past couple years) would really benefit this team.

Guys like Konz and Reynolds added to what we already have would really solidify that aspect of the game. (And that has been a problem for this offense the past three or four seasons.)

Blick
01-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Would take the OL picks if we got a QB like Moore later.

Damn the size, that kid can play.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Did I call them shitty teams?

How did your boy Zane Taylor turn out? And Brian Bulaga would of been such a steal at the 5th pick in the '10 draft!

Can I safely assume you are mormon for how biased you are of your Utah linemen?

What does my religious affiliation have to do with anything? (Even assuming that I have a religious affiliation.) You have a problem with certain religions?

And I don't think that Bulaga matriculated at a Utah institution of higher learning.

As well, you did say "shitty conferences," which would imply the Big Ten, the Pac 12, the MWC (which has won a number of BCS bowls recently). Yep, those "shitty" conferences.

As well, I was advocating Taylor in the sixth round. I don't think that's too much of a reach for a player at a position that the Chiefs needed.

You are kind of an idiot, aren't you?

jd1020
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Pretty much the only pick I like in this mock is the Cattouse pick. I've been pimping him in my mocks for a while.

Peter Konz at 11/12?
Matt Reynolds in the early second? The guy has a pretty universal 3rd-4th projection.
Derek Wolfe in the 3rd?
Vick Ballard in the 4th? Give me Robert Turbin in the 4th. Give me Vick Ballard/Tauren Poole in the 5th+.

No clue who the 5th/7th round picks are so I can't comment but they probably fall in line with the overall theme of the rest of this.

AUBURN--Auburn junior tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen, who was a second-team All-Southeastern Conference selection in 2011, will return for his senior season. As a junior, Lutzenkirchen was third on the team in receptions (24) and receiving yards (238) while catching a team-high seven touchdowns.

"I'm excited to be coming back to Auburn for my senior season and help us work towards our goal we set every year, which is playing in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta," Lutzenkirchen said. "It was an easy decision to make and finishing 2011 with a win in the Chick-fil-A Bowl will be huge in helping us prepare for 2012."

A native of Marietta, Ga., Lutzenkirchen has 44 career receptions for 489 yards and 14 touchdowns. He is the school record holder for career touchdown receptions by a tight end.

"We're looking forward to Philip returning for his senior season," Auburn head coach Gene Chizik said. "The success he's had at Auburn will help provide great leadership for our team in 2012."

Auburn finished the 2011 season with an 8-5 record after defeating Virginia, 43-24, in the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Dec. 31.

I still can't find anything on Caleb Mcsurdy. No one even so much as mentions his name.

EDIT: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=120503&draftyear=2012&genpos=ILB

There he is!!!!!!!... the 46th ranked ILB according to nfldraftscout. Seems like a viable option for a draft pick.

O.city
01-10-2012, 06:38 PM
If we are goin ILB, I'd take Hightower in the second and Nate Potter in the third if he is around.

Whatever happens in the 1st round, happens I guess. Konz isn't flashy but we do need a C.

Saul Good
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Tebow beat a combination of Cassel and Palko.

As for Stafford, he threw for 759 yards with 4 TDs and 3 INTs in the two games against the Saints.

Meanwhile, Brees threw for 801 yards, 6 TDs, and 0 INTs.

The better QB won both games.

Saccopoo
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
If we are goin ILB, I'd take Hightower in the second and Nate Potter in the third if he is around.

Whatever happens in the 1st round, happens I guess. Konz isn't flashy but we do need a C.

Nate Potter is, like former Bronco Clady, going to end up on the left side of the line. He's very athletic with very good technique, but he's not a real power player. I think he'll be a pretty good pro, but he's going to have to be in the right system.

I seriously doubt Hightower will make it to the second round. He looks likes he's back to full speed, which is remarkable considering the massive damage his knee took in that malicious hit two seasons ago. He's got huge legs and can drive through most blockers. He's prototype for the 3-4 MLB position. He'll drop over concerns about his knee, but he won't drop too far. If he's there in the second, the Chiefs should seriously consider him.

Nightfyre
01-10-2012, 09:09 PM
How did Sacc just out-sacc himself?

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Chiefs Run Blocking Grades, per PFF

Wiegmann: -4.4 (26th out of 35)
Albert: -1.0 (32nd out of 76)
Asamoah: -12.3 (70th out of 77)
Lilja: -3.8 (40th out of 77)
Richardson: -19.5 (76th out 76)

Saccopoo
01-11-2012, 09:46 AM

That looks about right.

Amazing how everyone thought that our guys were superlative run blockers when Charles was in there and when he goes down for the season, it's a different story. Weird.

El Jefe
01-11-2012, 09:55 AM

Ouch!

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 09:57 AM
That looks about right.

Amazing how everyone thought that our guys were superlative run blockers when Charles was in there and when he goes down for the season, it's a different story. Weird.

Obviously a better RB is going to skew numbers.

Saccopoo
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM

I was being facetious and attempting to point out that everyone last year felt our offensive line was just fine because "Look! We are the number one rushing team in the league!"

Charles is that good, and was able to make Cassel a Pro Bowler and Albert and Richardson respectable in some peoples eyes. However, knowing the shelf life of a NFL running back is shorter than Howard Stern's unit, it still amazes me to see people advocating taking Trent Richardson, a young quarterback (Tannehill - and seriously, who in their right mind thinks Tannehill at #11 is a sane pick? That's ludicrious.), etc., when our offensive trench is so ineffective.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Given how strongly I feel about the idea of drafting Trent Richardson, I've decided to endorse Sac's mock draft.

:)

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Given how strongly I feel about the idea of drafting Trent Richardson, I've decided to endorse Sac's mock draft.

:)

ok, now you've gone full retard.

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I like the HB, TE, and SS picks. The rest of this thing can burn in a fire.

But hey, this is the first time in ages where drafting a lineman in the 1st isn't Completely retarded, so enjoy your moment in the sun, Sacc.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 12:27 PM
ok, now you've gone full retard.

But hey, this is the first time in ages where drafting a lineman in the 1st isn't Completely retarded, so enjoy your moment in the sun, Sacc.

Ahem.

Please be consistent. ;)

jd1020
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM

The TE thats not even going to be in the draft.

Saccopoo
01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
The TE thats not even going to be in the draft.

I adjusted it. Took the tight end from Alabama rather than Lutz as you pointed out he's going back to school.

O.city
01-11-2012, 06:20 PM
There aren't alot of TE's in this draft that really excite you. We need one tho. Would like to have one that could be of the basketball type.

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Here is a scenario for you Sac, tell me what you think.

We draft BPA in the first round, draft Potter in the 2nd to play RT.

Sign Carl NIcks in free agency to play LG.

Thus giving us a line made up of Albert, Nicks, Hudson, Asamoah, Potter.

What ya think?

jd1020
01-11-2012, 11:12 PM
There aren't alot of TE's in this draft that really excite you. We need one tho. Would like to have one that could be of the basketball type.

Fleener in the 3rd or Egnew in the 4th, imo. Fleener would be a no brainer if he fell that far. Egnew will likely fall because of the unspectacular season he just put up. But hes got the size, hands, and speed to be good. He played football, basketball, and track in HS.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
LMAO Shocking

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:09 AM

What were they with JC running in 2010?

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:11 AM
That looks about right.

Big fucking surprise. Shitty running backs make average OL look shitty.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
True fans everywhere are fapping to the thought of taking a C and OT in the first two rounds. But to be fair, these are two positions in need of a major upgrade.

They are, but a quality C and RT can be had in later rounds. Sac is a True Fans wet dream.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Silly? Its fucking stupid.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:17 AM
we drafted a center in the 2nd last year, we're not drafting one in the first. That's just fucking stupid.

True. But Hudson can play LG so C isn't a bad idea if you can get a good one. JUST NOT IN THE FUCKING FIRST ROUND.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:28 AM

LMAO OK

Join us in 2012 where QBs rule.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 01:49 AM

Crappy runners will also skew it as well, just in the other direction. We went from a great back to Jones/Battle/McCluster. Charles probably helped the line more than those three hurt it, but its still looking at two extremes. Even if an average RB was used next year, the numbers might fall a little further in the middle.

Saccopoo
01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
They are, but a quality C and RT can be had in later rounds. Sac is a True Fans wet dream.

You are an idiot.

You can say that about every single position on the field.

With the new rookie pay scale, the positional value thing as it relates to the draft is minimized.

Konz is far and away the best center. We need a center.

Did you go ape shit crazy when we took a 3-4 defensive end or a safety with a top five pick the past two years? Because both of those positions are right there with Center and Right Tackle in terms of perceived positional value.

Or are you one of those retards that is happy overdrafting for a substandard quarterback because, well, "we need to take a quarterback, any quarterback, in the first round because we haven't done it in a long, long time."?

O.city
01-13-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm actually fine with the first two rounds you have here Sac. I'd replace one of the picks with Chris Polks if he is still around. I don't really like Ballard that well but he would be alright.

O.city
01-13-2012, 07:06 PM
The first two picks of this draft sure up the offensive line for the next 10 years.

O.city
01-13-2012, 07:08 PM
It would be awesome if we could trade down, still get Konz, pick up a second rounder, and draft Hightower and Reynolds in the second.

SNR
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
It would be awesome if we could trade down, still get Konz, pick up a second rounder, and draft Hightower and Reynolds in the second.Shit. If Ricky Stanzi really is Tom Brady, that's a Super Bowl right there.

O.city
01-13-2012, 10:02 PM
There we go.

Stanzi equals Super Bowl

Saccopoo
01-13-2012, 10:49 PM
It would be awesome if we could trade down, still get Konz, pick up a second rounder, and draft Hightower and Reynolds in the second.

I couldn't think of a better scenario for the Chiefs.

Other than the first ten teams passing on Luck.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd be good with the top two picks both came as the result of trade down profit.

Take Konz at around 17 or 18 and then Reynolds with the trade down profit.

That would leave us with our original 2nd to work with, as well.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 10:58 PM
I obviously didn't read the rest of the thread before posting that.

n00b mistake.

Carry on.

Now I have to go take a shower after agreeing with sac on something draft related.

jd1020
01-14-2012, 07:27 AM
I still don't understand the love for a 2nd rounder on Matt Reynolds. No one, and I repeat... no one has him ranked above Potter. Potter is rolling with a 3rd round grade. The only person who has Reynolds ranked in the 2nd-3rd round is Walter. Then you look at his mock draft and he doesn't even have him in his first 4 rounds because he hasn't updated his OT rankings in a month.

Isn't he having surgery on his shoulder?

Saccopoo
01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
I still don't understand the love for a 2nd rounder on Matt Reynolds. No one, and I repeat... no one has him ranked above Potter. Potter is rolling with a 3rd round grade. The only person who has Reynolds ranked in the 2nd-3rd round is Walter. Then you look at his mock draft and he doesn't even have him in his first 4 rounds because he hasn't updated his OT rankings in a month.

Isn't he having surgery on his shoulder?

He's big, athletic, experienced, durable (started every game in his four year career) and is effective in both the run and pass. He's very consistent in his game and has played well against the good teams that BYU has faced.

The mockers don't like his age (he'll be 26 when he plays in the NFL) and probably use it to push him down in their drafts, but he's NFL ready and will be able to play on either side of the line. I seriously doubt that he'll make it out of the second round.

And, to the best of my knowledge, he had ortho on his shoulder after the 2010 season - not this season. (He'll play in the East-West Shrine game this month.)

Two time BYU team captain, three-time conference first team, Lombardi and Outland nominee, former HS All-American and the third highest ranked recruit ever at BYU.

He dropped weight this past season and played at 305 in 2011. I think he plays better at the 325 mark and is most likely suited to the right side of the line. However, his extensive experience at left tackle in college gives him a solid foundation in pass protection.

I think he'd be balls as a right tackle and the Chiefs desperately need one.

He might last until the fourth, but I seriously doubt it. Guys of his size, experience, athletic ability and production don't really stick around that long in the draft.

IMO, Potter is a pure LT in the Ryan Clady mold. If you want to move Albert over to the right side and put Potter in at LT, then okay.

I think I'd rather have Albert/Reynolds then Potter/Albert at this point. (I don't think Albert would be a very good RT.)

Saccopoo
01-15-2012, 08:13 AM
And adding to the Reynolds thing, I really think that some people doing internet mocks have never seen most of these guys play. Here is some quotes on Reynolds from fftoolbox draft grades:

Reynolds is a touch undersized and will need to add some weight

Reynolds would be best-suited in a zone-blocking scheme where he's not required to drive block since he lacks the lower body strength to really knock guys off the line. He also doesn't have that nasty streak coaches like to see.

Undersized? The guy is huge, with a big, thick base. He's damn near prototype size for an NFL right tackle. Tell me if this looks undersized:

http://www.thecollegefootballgirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Matt-Reynolds-OT-BYU.jpg
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/210/697/Reynolds_Matt_AFA_2008_display_image.jpg?1272325673
http://pfw.s3.amazonaws.com/prospects/actionshot_304050.jpg

The guy is seven times bigger than anyone else on the field.

And he's always been a guy who absolutely plays through the whistle looking to put his guy on the ground. Plays mean and always finishes the play.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A3VIGQS38cY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(And even after dropping weight, and in the final game of the season, he still looks completely undersized, right?)

I doubt most people doing mocks have even watched a team west of the Mississippi play, let alone do a serious evaluation of a specific player.

No, Reynolds is a very good player and I seriously doubt he sees the end of the second round. You never know, but as I stated, I think he's got all the tools to be a Day 1 starter at the next level at RT and play there for a long time.

Nightfyre
01-15-2012, 12:13 PM
I like how you picked pictures of him taking on defensive backs for a size comparison.

Bewbies
01-15-2012, 01:14 PM
I like how you picked pictures of him taking on defensive backs for a size comparison.

LMAO

Saccopoo
01-15-2012, 02:56 PM

The Florida state linebacker could fit into his right pant leg.

And it just shows he can get out into the second level and engage the quick defensive backs.

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Sac, I'd like to hear your thoughts on trading up to get Luck?

Nightfyre
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
The Florida state linebacker could fit into his right pant leg.

And it just shows he can get out into the second level and engage the quick defensive backs.

I agree that hes not undersized. Your anecdotal size comparisons are hilarious, however.

Bewbies
01-15-2012, 04:56 PM

Do you know how many OT's would could pick with all those picks it would take us to move up? :evil:

Saccopoo
01-15-2012, 05:06 PM

I don't know...

Luck is a hell of a player, but I don't know if it's worth blowing two years of draft picks for to go get him. The problem is, there are no guarantees. If you go up to get him and he busts (and he doesn't seem like the guy that would, but you never know), you are totally screwed - for a long, long time. If he's Elway, it's worth it. Especially with the potential receiving corps that the Chiefs will have in 2012. It's a real roll of the dice though.

It's going to cost someone a Ricky Williams level deal plus to move up and get him and the Chiefs are close to building a pretty good team.

Part of me would love to see them do it, part of me says it's not worth it. Give Stanzi a shot and draft a guy like Brandon Weeden or Kellen Moore (two winners that are fundamentally sound) this year in the mid-rounds (four or five) and build a strong team on both sides of the ball.

Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, and have the Chiefs trade down a few spots and pick up a guy like Konz and a late second or third rounder in the deal. I don't think that they can move behind Dallas though because it's a real possibility that the Cowboys will pick either Konz or DeCastro and I think an elite level center is more valuable than a top flight guard.

O.city
01-15-2012, 05:09 PM
If we could come out of the draft with Konz, Hightower, Reynolds, and Chris Polk, I'd be fine with not having Luck.

However I think it would be pretty tough to not pull the trigger and get Luck. He sets your franchise up for 15 years.

Saccopoo
01-15-2012, 07:13 PM
If we could come out of the draft with Konz, Hightower, Reynolds, and Chris Polk, I'd be fine with not having Luck.

However I think it would be pretty tough to not pull the trigger and get Luck. He sets your franchise up for 15 years.

Depending upon how Hightower checks out medically, it's looking like he won't make it out of the first round.

I think he'll get looked at hard by San Diego and I don't see him dropping past Baltimore.

Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Denver along with San Diego and Baltimore would be potential spots where a linebacker, particularly a MLB, could go.

If he tests okay medically and puts up pre-injury speed numbers, he won't be there in the second. He played extremely well at the end of the season and was a real factor in the National Championship game.

O.city
01-15-2012, 07:40 PM
True, but replace Hightower with say Burfict.

I know he's a headcase, but the dude can play .

Bewbies
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't know...

Luck is a hell of a player, but I don't know if it's worth blowing two years of draft picks for to go get him. The problem is, there are no guarantees. If you go up to get him and he busts (and he doesn't seem like the guy that would, but you never know), you are totally screwed - for a long, long time. If he's Elway, it's worth it. Especially with the potential receiving corps that the Chiefs will have in 2012. It's a real roll of the dice though.

It's going to cost someone a Ricky Williams level deal plus to move up and get him and the Chiefs are close to building a pretty good team.

Part of me would love to see them do it, part of me says it's not worth it. Give Stanzi a shot and draft a guy like Brandon Weeden or Kellen Moore (two winners that are fundamentally sound) this year in the mid-rounds (four or five) and build a strong team on both sides of the ball.

Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, and have the Chiefs trade down a few spots and pick up a guy like Konz and a late second or third rounder in the deal. I don't think that they can move behind Dallas though because it's a real possibility that the Cowboys will pick either Konz or DeCastro and I think an elite level center is more valuable than a top flight guard.

This is the problem with QB's. If you get one, and they bust you're screwed. If you don't get one, you're screwed.

NJChiefsFan
01-15-2012, 09:26 PM
This is the problem with QB's. If you get one, and they bust you're screwed. If you don't get one, you're screwed.

Since option one also allows for you to possibly hit on one and option two being you are just screwed, I suggest option one. Atleast there you have an "if", option two is just "you are screwed."

Newton's contract is 4 yrs 22 million. Our last two drafts top 2 guys were Baldwin, Hudson, Berry, and McCluster. Now you certainly can't say that the past two drafts show what quality you get in the next two or how much it really would take to get Luck, but...

If the options are risk
5.25 million a year on the cap with Luck
plus losing(over the next two years drafts) talent level of Baldwin, Hudson, Berry, and McCluster.

vs.

Cassel or other options

To me with somebody like Luck, or even RG3, I would take that risk on option 1. Especially when you consider how much young talent and $ we have right now.

lewdog
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Yea the O-line needs upgrading but I sure would hate to use our top 2 picks on the OL.

O.city
01-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Actually this draft sets up pretty well for Kansas City.

We could come out of it with a pro bowl C, solid RT, good RB, safety depth, qb sleeper, solid depth everywhere.

lewdog
01-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Actually this draft sets up pretty well for Kansas City.

We could come out of it with a pro bowl C, solid RT, good RB, safety depth, qb sleeper, solid depth everywhere.

QB sleeper where?

Saccopoo
01-15-2012, 10:44 PM
True, but replace Hightower with say Burfict.

I know he's a headcase, but the dude can play .

He didn't play that well this past season. He was downright horrible in the Utah-ASU game and really cost his team with some really dumb personal fouls and plays in that game alone. He can hit people, but that's about it. He didn't show very good instincts.

If it's not Kuechly in the first or Hightower in the second (barring any movement), I'd rather them go another direction, give Belcher another year of growth and possibly look at Manti Te'o of Notre Dame next year with their first rounder. After Kuechly and Hightower, there is a real drop off in talent or you'd have to hit with a diamond in the rough type guy late in the draft. (See my seventh rounder McSurdy - I think someone posted Walter's draft around here and he had us taking a Montana CB, but the real stud of the Grizzlies defense was McSurdy, who was the conference defensive POY. A real thumper with great instincts.)

Nightfyre
01-15-2012, 10:54 PM
He didn't play that well this past season. He was downright horrible in the Utah-ASU game and really cost his team with some really dumb personal fouls and plays in that game alone. He can hit people, but that's about it. He didn't show very good instincts.

If it's not Kuechly in the first or Hightower in the second (barring any movement), I'd rather them go another direction, give Belcher another year of growth and possibly look at Manti Te'o of Notre Dame next year with their first rounder. After Kuechly and Hightower, there is a real drop off in talent or you'd have to hit with a diamond in the rough type guy late in the draft. (See my seventh rounder McSurdy - I think someone posted Walter's draft around here and he had us taking a Montana CB, but the real stud of the Grizzlies defense was McSurdy, who was the conference defensive POY. A real thumper with great instincts.)
I'll assume you've watched all of the UM games to backup this McSurdy claim. ROFL

SNR
01-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I'll assume you've watched all of the UM games to backup this McSurdy claim. ROFLHe's projecting him as a 7th rounder. It sounds like he might be the Brian Shay of college linebackers.

Nightfyre
01-15-2012, 11:24 PM
He's projecting him as a 7th rounder. It sounds like he might be the Brian Shay of college linebackers.

McSurdy was no where near the heart and soul of that defense. That defense started and ended up front.

Saccopoo
01-16-2012, 12:51 AM
I'll assume you've watched all of the UM games to backup this McSurdy claim. ROFL

Three this past season actually. My cousin's "friend" graduated from Montana, so we usually catch a couple of the Grizzlies games every season. (Her and her friends actually have a yearly reunion of sorts here in SLC to watch one of the games - typically the Montana/Weber State matchup, which we actually go to when it's held here in Utah.)

spanky 52
01-16-2012, 04:43 AM
BPA will likely be DeCastro who also fits a need.

Bewbies
01-16-2012, 07:58 AM
BPA will likely be DeCastro who also fits a need.

A true game changer. A G in the top 12. FML.

Coogs
01-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Yea the O-line needs upgrading but I sure would hate to use our top 2 picks on the OL.

49ers did it in the 2010 draft with Davis at #11 and Iupati at #17 in the first round.

Dr. Gigglepants
01-16-2012, 08:40 AM
What about your 5th round TE? Is there a gronkowski type coming out this year? I know we'd have to get him earlier than the 5th if there was. Watching the Pats with RG and AH make me want an elite TE, I've already forgotten what that's like from the TG days.

Chase Coffman should he available, couldn't he be an elite weapon in the passing game? Obviously a liability in run blocking but who needs to run anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
49ers did it in the 2010 draft with Davis at #11 and Iupati at #17 in the first round.

Let's not anoint them just yet.

Coogs
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Let's not anoint them just yet.

I'm not. I think the Jets did it a few years prior to that with D'Brick and Mangold in the first round. Not 100% sure on that, but that is what I recall.

O.city
01-16-2012, 09:50 AM
I love the idea of fixing hte oline. Get young and really good up front, so Stanzi has a chance next year.

Saccopoo
01-16-2012, 11:03 AM
What about your 5th round TE? Is there a gronkowski type coming out this year? I know we'd have to get him earlier than the 5th if there was. Watching the Pats with RG and AH make me want an elite TE, I've already forgotten what that's like from the TG days.

Chase Coffman should he available, couldn't he be an elite weapon in the passing game? Obviously a liability in run blocking but who needs to run anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mike Williams of Alabama is a tight end in the mold of a Jason Dunn type player - big, physical and is effectively another tackle on the edge. He is athletic enough to be effective in the pass game, but he's first and foremost a run blocking end - probably the best of that type in this draft.

If Moeaki is capable of coming back from his blown knee and having two very big wide receivers in Bowe and Baldwin, another pass catching type of tight end isn't really required. However, an effective run blocker like Williams is is something this offense has lacked since Dunn was let go/retired.

Williams has paved the way for two superlative running backs in Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson. He's a much better option to have in that role rather than having Moeaki stay back to cover Barry Richardson's huge blocking deficiencies or having McCluster try to keep defensive ends off of the quarterback.

However, Williams is a red shirt junior who hasn't decided if he's going to stay at Alabama or enter the draft. At this point, I'm almost thinking that he stays and works on increasing his receiving numbers which will help his draft stock in 2013.

I'm not really impressed by the tight end class this year outside of Dwayne Allen. It's definitely not the 2010 class, which was amazing - Gresham, Gronkowski, Graham, Hernandez, Pitta, Dickson, Moeaki and McCoy all are starters for their teams and Graham and Gronkowski had a record setting type season in 2011. (Though, considering who was throwing to them skewed their numbers a bit.) I think Fleener is the college version of Deon Branch - numbers and production skewed by who is throwing to him (in fact, I think all those Stanford offensive guys (Martin, DeCastro, Fleener) are a being a bit overvalued due to Andrew Luck's capabilities). (Which is why I really like Peter Konz - he had an even better year in 2011 and that's without 2011 first rounder Gabe Carimi to help him. The guy has just about every measurable and game performance to put him at "elite" level for his position.)

Coogs
01-16-2012, 11:13 AM
However, Williams is a red shirt junior who hasn't decided if he's going to stay at Alabama or enter the draft. At this point, I'm almost thinking that he stays and works on increasing his receiving numbers which will help his draft stock in 2013.

Yesterday was the day. According to this list, he is staying in school...

http://www.gbnreport.com/juniors.htm

Saccopoo
01-16-2012, 11:28 AM
Yesterday was the day. According to this list, he is staying in school...

http://www.gbnreport.com/juniors.htm

Thanks Coogs. I was looking for it this morning but couldn't find anything on him. I figured that he might. Guess I gotta fix that pick.

Bewbies
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Good thing they already had a #1 overall pick already playing at QB... LMAO

Coogs
01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Good thing they already had a #1 overall pick already playing at QB... LMAO

Trust me, I am all in on trading the farm for Luck. Possibly even RGIII, but more so on Luck.

Not expecting that to happen though, so I'm OK with going Konz at C, with Hudson and Asamoah at G, Albert at LT, and getting a RT in the 2nd round. I'm also OK with Hudson at C, DeCastro and Asamoah at G, Albert at LT and getting a RT in the 2nd.

What I am not really OK with is getting a LT in the first, and moving Albert somewhere else right now... but it is early.

ArrowheadMagic
01-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Trust me, I am all in on trading the farm for Luck. Possibly even RGIII, but more so on Luck.

Not expecting that to happen though, so I'm OK with going Konz at C, with Hudson and Asamoah at G, Albert at LT, and getting a RT in the 2nd round. I'm also OK with Hudson at C, DeCastro and Asamoah at G, Albert at LT and getting a RT in the 2nd.

This.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm not. I think the Jets did it a few years prior to that with D'Brick and Mangold in the first round. Not 100% sure on that, but that is what I recall.

The Jets o-line situation is a disaster, primarily because they spent so much on it and it's still pretty ineffective.

Coogs
01-17-2012, 08:32 AM
The Jets o-line situation is a disaster, primarily because they spent so much on it and it's still pretty ineffective.

I was just pointing out that it is not uncommon to go O-line with back-to-back picks to open the draft, and that two teams have actually done it in round 1 recently.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
I was just pointing out that it is not uncommon to go O-line with back-to-back picks to open the draft, and that two teams have actually done it in round 1 recently.

The Rams have done it too.

There's a whole lot of fail in the list of teams that have done it, actually.

It's not a good idea.

Coogs
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM
The Rams have done it too.

There's a whole lot of fail in the list of teams that have done it, actually.

It's not a good idea.

The Jets have been to the AFC Championship twice (or is it 3 times since they have done this), the 49ers this year.

Not saying it is a good thing to do at all. Just saying it might be time to fix the damn thing too, since it is a glaring weakness with age and poor play at RT.

whoman69
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM

Certainly not as important as it used to be, but I think we're seeing the best defensive teams and the teams that can run the ball advance in the playoffs, ie Giants, Ravens and 49ers.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 03:42 PM
The Jets have been to the AFC Championship twice (or is it 3 times since they have done this), the 49ers this year.

Not saying it is a good thing to do at all. Just saying it might be time to fix the damn thing too, since it is a glaring weakness with age and poor play at RT.

I know you know this, but the goal isn't to make it to the AFC championship and get beat by a team with a franchise QB...

Coogs
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
I know you know this, but the goal isn't to make it to the AFC championship and get beat by a team with a franchise QB...

See post 121.

O.city
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Sac, since you are the expert on OL, whats your take on Carl Nicks?

Would a lineup of

Albert, Nicks, Hudson, Asamoah, Reynolds be a solid oline that we could build on?

Saccopoo
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM

Would a lineup of

Albert, Nicks, Hudson, Asamoah, Reynolds be a solid oline that we could build on?

With Hudson and Asamoah being recent round two picks by the Pioli regime, and Lilja on roster, I don't see the Chiefs spending big free agent money on Nicks. He'll get paid pretty well by someone (Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Carolina and Arizona all could use an upgrade at the guard position more than the Chiefs) this offseason. I just don't see Pioli, who hasn't shown the propensity to spend large amounts of money on free agents (with the notable exception of Matt Cassel), pluniking down a lot on a free agent guard.

I think that Asamoah can be a really good player with another year under his belt, and Hudson, when given the reps this past season, really showed some great stuff. (The guy is bull strong with excellent leverage.)

They should just go ahead and draft a real center and promote Wiegmann to offensive line coach.

Bewbies
01-17-2012, 08:06 PM

Would a lineup of

LMAO

Coogs
01-17-2012, 08:08 PM

Would a lineup of

They had this report over in the Shrine Bowl Thread from Monday's practice on Reynolds...

BYU offensive tackle Matt Reynolds (6-4, 310) was smaller than expected. He had a mixed practice and should probably move inside to guard. His body shape just falls short of tackles in terms of height and arm length. Mississippi defensive end Kentrell Lockett (6-5, 243) beat him in a one-on-one, as Reynolds lost his feet and fell to the ground. In the coming days, he needs to play better.

Saccopoo
01-17-2012, 08:17 PM
They had this report over in the Shrine Bowl Thread from Monday's practice on Reynolds...

And this was from the gbn report on the same practice:

As I prefaced this article, it's early in the proceedings, but I was favorably impressed with the work of BYU OT Matt Reynolds at LT today during blocking drills. Reynolds had a nice first step and maintained his balance quite well; he looks to be a bit of a knee bender, but at least he does not appear to pop-up straight up out of his stance, while he also displayed a decent hand punch, which of course bought him time to steady himself. Bottom line is that Reynods showed enough to make me think he has a chance to compete at the OT position at the next level, instead of an automatic switch inside to OG as some have projected recently.

This is why the body of work by a player is a little more important than some casual observations on one day of practice at a post season all star game
by a blogger.

Coogs
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
And this was from the gbn report on the same practice:

This is why the body of work by a player is a little more important than some casual observations on one day of practice at a post season all star game
by a blogger.

Fair enough.

Ebolapox
01-17-2012, 08:25 PM
no way reynolds is a second rounder. he's lucky if he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. jmo.

Saccopoo
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM
no way reynolds is a second rounder. he's lucky if he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. jmo.

People were saying the same thing about Zane Beadles two years ago. Fourth rounder, etc. He went in the second round and made the NFL All-Rookie team and was a major reason why Denver's ground game was so good this past season.

Like Beadles, he doesn't look the part of the long, lean NFL left tackle (thick base and middle), but he is a very good player with a ton of experience at the left tackle spot. BYU ran a ton behind him as well as him being blind side protector for four consectutive years. He's a smart guy and a team leader (two time team captain) as well as having played at a high level for a long time. (Three time first team all-conference (soph, jun, sen) and was first team freshman All-American.)

The guy gets after people, likes putting guys into the dirt and is capable of getting out into the second level quickly. He's pretty athletic for a guy his size, which I think translates well to the RT spot at the next level.

Like I said, I think high second round is a bit of a reach, but I don't think he makes it out of the second. After you get past Kalil, Martin and Reiff, Reynolds is as good (and I think better) than the rest and never let anyone get the best of him all year long where guys like Datko, Sanders, Adams, Adcock and Massie were supposedly inconsistent this past season.

I do like Alex Hurst from LSU and thought he looked good in the Tiger games I saw this past season.

Coogs
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
NFLDraftCountdown came out with their top 100 today. Reynolds is not on that list as of right now. This guy though is listed at #49, which is right in the area of our 2nd round pick...

49. Kelechi Osemele OT Iowa St.

Staying with the flow of your draft for this particular discussion, Konz in the 1st, and Osemele in the 2nd would have us looking like this...

LT Albert
LG Hudson
C Konz
RG Asamoah
RT Osemele

jd1020
01-17-2012, 09:02 PM
From the East vs West Shrine game thread: "BYU offensive tackle Matt Reynolds (6-4, 310) was smaller than expected. He had a mixed practice and should probably move inside to guard. His body shape just falls short of tackles in terms of height and arm length. Mississippi defensive end Kentrell Lockett (6-5, 243) beat him in a one-on-one, as Reynolds lost his feet and fell to the ground. In the coming days, he needs to play better."

He's just getting better and better.............

Saccopoo
01-18-2012, 12:44 AM
From the East vs West Shrine game thread: "BYU offensive tackle Matt Reynolds (6-4, 310) was smaller than expected. He had a mixed practice and should probably move inside to guard. His body shape just falls short of tackles in terms of height and arm length. Mississippi defensive end Kentrell Lockett (6-5, 243) beat him in a one-on-one, as Reynolds lost his feet and fell to the ground. In the coming days, he needs to play better."

He's just getting better and better.............

See post #134.

We already addressed this.

Saccopoo
01-18-2012, 12:47 AM
NFLDraftCountdown came out with their top 100 today. Reynolds is not on that list as of right now. This guy though is listed at #49, which is right in the area of our 2nd round pick...

Staying with the flow of your draft for this particular discussion, Konz in the 1st, and Osemele in the 2nd would have us looking like this...

LT Albert
LG Hudson
C Konz
RG Asamoah
RT Osemele

I only watched one Iowa State game and didn't noticed Osemele in terms of standing out. I don't know much about him. Perhaps someone who viewed a lot of Cyclone games could chime in on him.

jd1020
01-18-2012, 12:48 AM
See post #134.

We already addressed this.

Didn't see it.

Even so... What you quoted still hints towards a move inside to G.

I'll pass on a 2nd round pick on a 4th round projection who is likely to move inside to a position thats already filled with drafting Konz in the first and keeping Hudson at G.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2012, 01:45 AM
You are an idiot.

You can say that about every single position on the field.

With the new rookie pay scale, the positional value thing as it relates to the draft is minimized.

Konz is far and away the best center. We need a center.

Did you go ape shit crazy when we took a 3-4 defensive end or a safety with a top five pick the past two years? Because both of those positions are right there with Center and Right Tackle in terms of perceived positional value.

Or are you one of those retards that is happy overdrafting for a substandard quarterback because, well, "we need to take a quarterback, any quarterback, in the first round because we haven't done it in a long, long time."?

I love the Berry pick.

Turns out it was the right pick and you were wrong.

Taking C at 11 is dumb.

Trading down to the bottom of the first? Okay.

Saccopoo
01-18-2012, 02:14 AM
I love the Berry pick.

Turns out it was the right pick and you were wrong.

Taking C at 11 is dumb.

Trading down to the bottom of the first? Okay.

No dumber than taking a safety in the top five.

It's a position that can and usually is filled with guys that can be found later in the draft and a position that is associated with a shorter longevity because of heightened injury potential. (Case in point - Berry. If he comes back from the knee injury and is fine, great. But what if he doesn't? Was it the right pick then? And to this point, he's been primarily a run defender and a liability in the passing game. I like the kid a lot, but let's not go annoitting him the next Paul Krause after one mixed rookie season. And yeah, he went to the Pro Bowl, but so did Matt Cassel.) How often has Polamalu and Bob Sanders been injured over their careers?

Nightfyre
01-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Vlachos in the third round is much better value and fits our zbs better than konz, imo.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2012, 03:09 AM

It's a position that can and usually is filled with guys that can be found later in the draft and a position that is associated with a shorter longevity because of heightened injury potential. (Case in point - Berry. If he comes back from the knee injury and is fine, great. But what if he doesn't? Was it the right pick then? And to this point, he's been primarily a run defender and a liability in the passing game. I like the kid a lot, but let's not go annoitting him the next Paul Krause after one mixed rookie season. And yeah, he went to the Pro Bowl, but so did Matt Cassel.) How often has Polamalu and Bob Sanders been injured over their careers?

LMAO dumbass

jspchief
01-18-2012, 04:15 AM

LT Albert
LG Hudson
C Konz
RG Asamoah
RT Osemele

So our line will be 2 rookies and a sophmore with limited playing time?

Never gonna happen.

KC HAS to fill a few starter roles with FAs, or stick with what they have. G/C happens to have a nice FA crop this year. It's the area that should be prime focus in FA.

And people need to start being realistic about how many rookies will start for KC in 2012.

jd1020
01-18-2012, 04:24 AM
And people need to start being realistic about how many rookies will start for KC in 2012.

I can only think of 2. C/G, since Weigmann will hopefully retire now, depending on where the Chiefs want to go with Hudson and RT, because Richardson is worse than Tebow at his position.

I can't see anyone else starting at any position on the roster, injuries aside. The only other one I could possibly see being a potential position for a rookie to start is at CB, if Carr is not re-signed.

Is it so unrealistic to see 2 rookies, who will likely be high draft picks, starting?

This team needs depth. The starters on this team are, overall, very capable. The problem is the depth is horrible.

the Talking Can
01-18-2012, 06:40 AM

Still hating on Berry...hilarious.

A 'mixed rookie season'?

He had one of the best rookie seasons any safety has ever had. Ever. He was the second best player on the field for us in the playoff game, as a rookie.

Jesus fuck, man. Berry was drafted because he had been a star his whole damn life from high school to college, and everyone but you could see it. And he wasn't injured because he's a hard hitting safety. He was injured because some dick bag took a cheap shot at his knee.

You're so spectacularly fucking wrong about things. But now you want us to draft a center a #11...and a 3rd round guard in the 2nd to be a RT? Those are 'smart ideas' to you, but drafting Berry wasn't?

fuck me

htismaqe
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I only watched one Iowa State game and didn't noticed Osemele in terms of standing out. I don't know much about him. Perhaps someone who viewed a lot of Cyclone games could chime in on him.

I hate the Cylcones, but he's pretty good.

htismaqe
01-18-2012, 07:00 AM

Get the fuck out with the bashing on Eric Berry. He was a legit ROY candidate. STFU and STFD.

veist
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM

A 'mixed rookie season'?

He had one of the best rookie seasons any safety has ever had. Ever. He was the second best player on the field for us in the playoff game, as a rookie.

Jesus fuck, man. Berry was drafted because he had been a star his whole damn life from high school to college, and everyone but you could see it. And he wasn't injured because he's a hard hitting safety. He was injured because some dick bag took a cheap shot at his knee.

You're so spectacularly fucking wrong about things. But now you want us to draft a center a #11...and a 3rd round guard in the 2nd to be a RT? Those are 'smart ideas' to you, but drafting Berry wasn't?

fuck me

Reynolds isn't even a 3rd round prospect, he's getting just killed at the shrine game practices.

milkman
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM

You win games in the trenches.

You win championships behind the trenches.

I've already addressed this elswhere, but I'll go ahead and touch on here again.

You ignore the progress Berry made as a pass defender because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Troy Palomaulu, Ed Reed, Darren Sharper Bob Sanders and Donte Whitner to a lesser extent belie your positional value argument.

That being said, I think center is undervalued and could get behind the idea of taking Knnz, if we could trade down.

But I also think Chris Myers or Nick Hardwick would be better options through free agency.

O.city
01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Whats the story with Brewster? Could he be had in the second?

I am endorsing either trading down or just picking Tannehill if he is there. If he's not just take who ever you want just to make sure you get him.

I know one thing, if Hightower is around in the second we better take him. The dude is built to be the perfect thumper next to DJ. I like Belcher and all but Hightower would make this Lb core Steelers of the past 4 or 5 years good.

jspchief
01-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I can only think of 2. C/G, since Weigmann will hopefully retire now, depending on where the Chiefs want to go with Hudson and RT, because Richardson is worse than Tebow at his position.

I can't see anyone else starting at any position on the roster, injuries aside. The only other one I could possibly see being a potential position for a rookie to start is at CB, if Carr is not re-signed.

Is it so unrealistic to see 2 rookies, who will likely be high draft picks, starting?

This team needs depth. The starters on this team are, overall, very capable. The problem is the depth is horrible.

There's still the issue of NT, ILB, CB, WR, FB. We also have no depth at S, TE, RB.

With the number of snaps KC stands to lose through FA, they need to be smart about how they fill openings. O line happens to be the easiest to fill with quality this year via FA.

Even assuming we re-sign Carr, Bowe, and Belcher, we still have no NT, blocking TE, or FB.

BossChief
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Using injuries as a reason for Berry being a bad pick is so far past dumb that I dont even know where to start.

Oh, yeah I do.

Your dumbass wanted us to draft Okung who has missed 10 games to injury and hasn't been anything special when he has played.

Berry > all of your picks
Albert > Okung

Case closed.

If we move down into the late teens or early 20s, Konz would be a damn good pick...at 11, it would be overspending.

Hudson gives us the versatility to sit back till the second or third round to pick the best guard or center available and let Hudson take over the other spot.

aturnis
01-18-2012, 11:05 PM
There's still the issue of NT, ILB, CB, WR, FB. We also have no depth at S, TE, RB.

With the number of snaps KC stands to lose through FA, they need to be smart about how they fill openings. O line happens to be the easiest to fill with quality this year via FA.

Even assuming we re-sign Carr, Bowe, and Belcher, we still have no NT, blocking TE, or FB.

So just assume that we resign McClain, then, by your count we're only short a blocking TE and a NT. Both of which are available in the draft.

aturnis
01-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Using injuries as a reason for Berry being a bad pick is so far past dumb that I dont even know where to start.

Oh, yeah I do.

Your dumbass wanted us to draft Okung who has missed 10 games to injury and hasn't been anything special when he has played.

Berry > all of your picks
Albert > Okung

Case closed.

If we move down into the late teens or early 20s, Konz would be a damn good pick...at 11, it would be overspending.

Hudson gives us the versatility to sit back till the second or third round to pick the best guard or center available and let Hudson take over the other spot.

This. Except I think that unless we get our RT early and a stud g/c falls, we go into next season with Hudson at center and Lilja at guard.

This line has been an obvious problem since Pioli got here, and he only seems willing to add one new piece a year.

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:07 AM

A 'mixed rookie season'?

Jesus ****, man. Berry was drafted because he had been a star his whole damn life from high school to college, and everyone but you could see it. And he wasn't injured because he's a hard hitting safety. He was injured because some dick bag took a cheap shot at his knee.

You're so spectacularly ****ing wrong about things. But now you want us to draft a center a #11...and a 3rd round guard in the 2nd to be a RT? Those are 'smart ideas' to you, but drafting Berry wasn't?

**** me

This is why you are an idiot.

Berry was a high school quarterback who got signed as an "athlete" to Tenessee. The guy didn't even have an official position when he got there.

And I had no problem with the Chiefs taking him when they did. They had a hole at safety and it filled a need. However, he was far from a finished product and it showed his rookie year as he was singularly responsible for a number of touchdowns in the passing game. He ended the season as essentially a third middle linebacker.

And now you are saying that Reynolds is a third round guard after he has played the left tackle position his entire college career which netted him a first team freshman All-American selection and three consectutive first team All-Conference selections at the left tackle position. But now he's a guard.

You must be a fucking football genius. Because you read one bloggers take after one post season practice.

I don't know what you do in life, but you are wasting yourself. You should be running a scout team for the best team in the NFL because you are so fucking balls out right about everything NFL.

I apologize that I put out this mock because you are right and everyone else is wrong. And I am obviously in that second group.

I bow to your kick ass scouting skills. You know more than everyone.

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:10 AM

And Hudson has shown enough at the center position, at either the college or NFL level, to justify this statement?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2012, 01:22 AM
LOL just admit you are wrong about Berry

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Reynolds isn't even a 3rd round prospect, he's getting just killed at the shrine game practices.

Is he?:

An offensive tackle who bounced back on Tuesday after a disappointing first day was BYU offensive tackle Matt Reynolds. He fared well in his one-on-one matchups with Ole Miss defensive end Kentrell Lockett and Laval's Gascon-Nadon. Reynolds (6-4, 310) stonewalled Gascon-Nadon's bull rush and mirrored Lockett to stand him up away from the quarterback marker. In the team scrimmage, Reynolds continued his strong play with a nice run block, reaching the second level to give a shot to the Mike linebacker. Reynolds also did well in pass protection on some plays in the full team scrimmage. He needed a good practice and most definitely did.

So, fucknut, are you there watching the practices?

Or are you just some dumb fucker spouting off about one sentence shit you read on the intranets?

Are you there watching him "get killed?"

Seriously.

What are you basing your "he's getting killed" insight on?

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:28 AM
LOL just admit you are wrong about Berry

How am I wrong about Berry?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2012, 01:32 AM
How am I wrong about Berry?

I suppose you still think Okung was the better pick?

Saccopoo
01-19-2012, 01:40 AM
I suppose you still think Okung was the better pick?

And that says nothing about how I was "wrong" about Berry.

But, please, continue to that end.

What are you getting at? Are you comparing the players? Attempting to compare the players?

BigMeatballDave
01-19-2012, 01:47 AM
And that says nothing about how I was "wrong" about Berry.

But, please, continue to that end.

What are you getting at? Are you comparing the players? Attempting to compare the players?

It's hilarious how you keep this up.

You are the new Mecca.

Think you know it all and cannot admit when you're wrong.

the Talking Can
01-19-2012, 05:13 AM
This is why you are an idiot.

Berry was a high school quarterback who got signed as an "athlete" to Tenessee. The guy didn't even have an official position when he got there.

And I had no problem with the Chiefs taking him when they did. They had a hole at safety and it filled a need. However, he was far from a finished product and it showed his rookie year as he was singularly responsible for a number of touchdowns in the passing game. He ended the season as essentially a third middle linebacker.

you're so full of shit

you hated the berry pick and have ragged it ever since, even as Berry had one of the best rookie seasons ever...calling him 'essentially a third middle linebacker' is the most epic butt hurt stupidity...

you wanted Okung over Berry..which is embarrassing, and pretty much all anyone needs to know about how you value talent

you overvalue OL talent for bizarre reasons no one can understand, and if the guy is white and a 'MAC 4 time team captain' who plays with 'good leverage' and squats 900 lbs then he's automatically worth drafting 3 rounds too high...

the sooner you'd just admit the Berry/Okung disaster was a stupid ****ing disaster, or just shut up about it, the sooner people would stop thinking you're clueless...but hey, I look forward to the Chiefs going center/guard in the first two rounds of the draft..reaching badly in each round...really

but I do like reading your mocks regardless...for realz

veist
01-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Is he?:

So, fucknut, are you there watching the practices?

Or are you just some dumb fucker spouting off about one sentence shit you read on the intranets?

Are you there watching him "get killed?"

Seriously.

What are you basing your "he's getting killed" insight on?

When I say "getting killed" I mean he's piling up a bunch more bad scouting reports. He's a waist bender, slow footed and he gets off balance way too easy. Its the same thing people I have seen people saying about him since 2010 that is coming from the shrine game practices. He's a RT/G prospect that shouldn't come off the board until the third round at the absolute earliest. Also worth noting is he's older at 25 which will work against drafting highly a guy that is this far from starting caliber.

O.city
01-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I know Sac is a little crazy about the oline, but this draft really sets up well to sure that thing up.

Get Konz in the first, hopefully trading down. Take whichever LB is left between Burfict and Hightower in the second. Have an extra 3 pick, take Fleener and a RT. Fill in the rest.

It's a true fans dream, but it's probably the most needed.

BossChief
01-19-2012, 04:59 PM
If an OT isn't displaying perfect mechanics that features a lot of knee bend at the shrine practices, he is a project of at least a year before he should be allowed to play in a real NFL game against guys like Dumervil or Miller.

1 year.

At best.

If anyone thinks we should spend a second round pick on a guy like that, just turn your head and laugh.

Sac would have taken the black John tait at 5th overall.

Nothing more needs said.

Saccopoo
01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
When I say "getting killed" I mean he's piling up a bunch more bad scouting reports.

List them.

Please.

Saccopoo
01-20-2012, 01:08 AM
If an OT isn't displaying perfect mechanics that features a lot of knee bend at the shrine practices, he is a project of at least a year before he should be allowed to play in a real NFL game against guys like Dumervil or Miller.

1 year.

At best.

If anyone thinks we should spend a second round pick on a guy like that, just turn your head and laugh.

Sac would have taken the black John tait at 5th overall.

Nothing more needs said.

So how were you with the Albert selection in the first round?

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2012, 02:11 AM

I liked it. You are the only one who doesn't like Albert.

Fact is, he's a good LT.

Above average in pass protection and a very solid run blocker.

I'm sure you'll dump all over this post.

Pound sand.

spanky 52
01-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Albert isn't a problem. LG, C and RT are a problem as is the NT position.

Chris Meck
01-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Sac has shown himself to be an idiot long before now. Nothing to see here, move along.

Detoxing
01-20-2012, 10:06 AM
The biggest problem with this Mock is that there is no fucking QB. No amount of O-line is going to make that shit-stain Cassel any better.

A new RT just means that Cassel will have an extra second or two to shit himself in the Pocket.

BigMeatballDave
01-20-2012, 10:14 AM
The biggest problem with this Mock is that there is no fucking QB. No amount of O-line is going to make that shit-stain Cassel any better.

A new RT just means that Cassel will have an extra second or two to shit himself in the Pocket.

Sac drafts like its 1969.

htismaqe
01-20-2012, 11:54 AM
The biggest problem with this Mock is that there is no ****ing QB. No amount of O-line is going to make that shit-stain Cassel any better.

A RT is better than an elite RB, which would allow them to NOT THROW THE BALL AT ALL.

Detoxing
01-20-2012, 11:57 AM
A RT is better than an elite RB, which would allow them to NOT THROW THE BALL AT ALL.

Bah. We're not having this argument again.

O.city
01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Konz, Hightower, Poe, Tannehill.

Those are who we should look at.

the Talking Can
01-20-2012, 01:18 PM

getting a quality starting LT at #15?

pretty good pick...no wonder you hate it, you want to draft a center at #11

your sense of value is fucked beyond repair

Bewbies
01-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Fantastic pick. He's worked out way better than Okung at 6 too. LMAO

Drafting a C at 11 is retarded. If we traded down to 20-25 ok, but top 1/3 of the 1st are for elite game changers. There has never been an elite game changer at C. Ever.

htismaqe
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Bah. We're not having this argument again.

No need to have an argument when you know I'm right, huh? o:-)

Bewbies
01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
No need to have an argument when you know I'm right, huh? o:-)

If we were starting Stanzi this year, and knew that we weren't going to draft another QB, I'd be all over Richardson.

As much as I like him, I agree with your reason for not wanting him though. Maybe we can draft a QB when Pioli's gone in 2014?

htismaqe
01-20-2012, 02:49 PM
If we were starting Stanzi this year, and knew that we weren't going to draft another QB, I'd be all over Richardson.

As much as I like him, I agree with your reason for not wanting him though. Maybe we can draft a QB when Pioli's gone in 2014?

I'm all for it.

O.city
01-20-2012, 02:53 PM
If we are starting Stanzi, def take Richardson.

Buckweath
01-20-2012, 03:55 PM
If we are starting Stanzi, def take Richardson.

Yeah if this team is not drafting a QB, might as well take Richardson and then an Oline in the 2nd.

htismaqe
01-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Yeah if this team is not drafting a QB, might as well take Richardson and then an Oline in the 2nd.

No. If this team is going with Cassel, the last thing we need is to protect him with more multi-million dollar players.

He needs to fail and fail badly so that we can finally walk away.

Buckweath
01-20-2012, 04:01 PM
No. If this team is going with Cassel, the last thing we need is to protect him with more multi-million dollar players.

Huh?? Cassell has already failed and failed badly. You need to see more fail?

O.city
01-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't think htis needs to, but Pioli likely does.

This draft sets up nicely in that we can shore up the OL and get some defensive depth. Throw in a RB to pair with Charles and lets get this thing going.

whoman69
01-20-2012, 07:43 PM
I'd look for defensive help in the 2nd, especially at NT. There should be several candidates.

BossChief
01-20-2012, 11:28 PM

I viewed Albert as a guy that had a floor of an exceptional LG, but the ceiling of an all pro left tackle.

I understood that he was a project but that he had ELITE tools and was worth some patience.

All in all, I liked the pick.

Please, don't try to dig yourself deeper and make a comparison to Reynolds here.

Detoxing
01-21-2012, 12:04 AM
I viewed Albert as a guy that had a floor of an exceptional LG, but the ceiling of an all pro left tackle.

I understood that he was a project but that he had ELITE tools and was worth some patience.

Please, don't try to dig yourself deeper and make a comparison to Reynolds here.

Exactly. Excellent.

milkman
01-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't think htis needs to, but Pioli likely does.

This draft sets up nicely in that we can sure up the OL and get some defensive depth. Throw in a RB to pair with Charles and lets get this thing going.

It's shore, you dumbass.

We can shore up the OL.

O.city
01-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Sorry dude. My bad.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Ah, the annual whack a mole on Sac's mock draft. Gotta love it.

Bowser
01-21-2012, 01:14 PM
If this draft went exactly as Sac hopes it does, I could still completely see him wanting a similar draft in 13.

Bowser
01-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Sac's draft addresses all our "need" areas under the assumption that we will do nothing to fill them via FA.

Chris Meck
01-21-2012, 02:11 PM
sure, and it also does so with each player at least a round too early, projected to play positions where in some instances there is a need and some it's merely Sac's complete lack of football knowledge creating a need.

This guy has no idea which players on the team are good and which aren't. He actually thinks that replacing Dorsey and Albert are top priorities.

Dumb.

aturnis
01-21-2012, 11:49 PM

You want to give Cassel and Pioli excuses for why Cassel failed? If you fix all of the problems and Cassel still fails, it's pretty obvious who the problem is. If he has a shotty Oline and Charles doesn't come back 100%, well then, you can count on Cassel being back.

Dave Lane
01-22-2012, 07:01 AM
What the fuck is going on in here? JFC a guard or C at 11? Fuck me with a rusty pizza cutter...

Its threads like this that make me hate being a Chiefs fan.

jspchief
01-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Shoddy

htismaqe
01-22-2012, 07:31 AM
You want to give Cassel and Pioli excuses for why Cassel failed? If you fix all of the problems and Cassel still fails, it's pretty obvious who the problem is. If he has a shotty Oline and Charles doesn't come back 100%, well then, you can count on Cassel being back.

Pioli is already out of excuses. If Pioli is going to stick with Cassel, they're BOTH gonna get fired instead of just one of them.

Give these guys Trent Richardson and they'll not only not have to worry about that, we'll probably be treated to them for the next 6-8 years!

aturnis
01-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Shoddy

Thanks. Not part of my usual vocabulary.

O.city
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
If Poe is projected to be Wilfork type or Ngata type, I'd be fine with taking him. Although I'd rather bring in Soliai thru free agency.

Tribal Warfare
01-22-2012, 01:35 PM
If Poe is projected to be Wilfork type or Ngata type, I'd be fine with taking him. Although I'd rather bring in Soliai thru free agency.

IMO, Crennel if anything won't fuck around here so if it isn't balls out for a QB then it would be the best available NT.

O.city
01-22-2012, 05:23 PM
If Poe is that kind of player, I'd love to have him.

I really like Soliai too.

aturnis
01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
IMO, Crennel if anything won't **** around here so if it isn't balls out for a QB then it would be the best available NT.

It will certainly be the player who will have the most impact for the team. At our pick, that's probably Richardson. Defensive team, lacking at QB.

The Poz
01-24-2012, 10:13 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4365/paul-soliai

"Several sources" tell the Palm Beach Post the Dolphins are expected to switch to a 4-3 defense in 2012, and that as a result free agent NT Paul Soliai will be allowed to walk.
New coach Joe Philbin has yet to even hire a defensive coordinator, but this could be a sign he's not planning to lure an assistant from his former Green Bay. The Packers have run a 3-4 since hiring DC Dom Capers in 2009. Soliai had a disappointing season playing under the franchise tag in 2011, grading out as Pro Football Focus' 38th best defensive tackle.

jd1020
01-24-2012, 11:53 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4365/paul-soliai

"Several sources" tell the Palm Beach Post the Dolphins are expected to switch to a 4-3 defense in 2012, and that as a result free agent NT Paul Soliai will be allowed to walk.
New coach Joe Philbin has yet to even hire a defensive coordinator, but this could be a sign he's not planning to lure an assistant from his former Green Bay. The Packers have run a 3-4 since hiring DC Dom Capers in 2009. Soliai had a disappointing season playing under the franchise tag in 2011, grading out as Pro Football Focus' 38th best defensive tackle.

I think it was almost a given, even if they weren't planning on switching to a 4-3, that he would walk. They haven't been able to agree on an extension in 2 years and you can't use the franchise tag on the same player 2 years in a row.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
It will certainly be the player who will have the most impact for the team. At our pick, that's probably Richardson. Defensive team, lacking at QB.

If Herm was still around who was all about BPA, I'd also agree but Pioli is all about "positional value" which coincides with the "right 53" crutch excuse when picking players.

Detoxing
01-24-2012, 12:47 PM
If Herm was still around who was all about BPA, I'd also agree but Pioli is all about "positional value" which coincides with the "right 53" crutch excuse when picking players.

Pioli is not just a "positional value" guy.

Safety at 5 is not positional value.

We've had this discussion on here too many times to count.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Pioli is not just a "positional value" guy.

Safety at 5 is not positional value.

We've had this discussion on here too many times to count.

"right 53", and Jared Mayo an ILB #7 doesn't have alot positional value but he fit.

O.city
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
What do you guys think about Mike Adams in the 2 to play RT?

Nightfyre
01-24-2012, 08:37 PM
What do you guys think about Mike Adams in the 2 to play RT?

I think Mike Adams goes in the first round. But if he's there in the second, its a no-brainer, imo.

milkman
01-25-2012, 06:14 AM
"right 53", and Jared Mayo an ILB #7 doesn't have alot positional value but he fit.

You're a fucking idiot.

Saccopoo
01-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Albert, for his first three seasons as a starting left tackle, had been downright atrocious.

He was okay this past season. Not good. Okay. Middle of the pack at best.

That's a far cry from "exceptional" to "all-pro."

And I'm not comparing him to Reynolds. Reynolds has four years of tape at the college level working at left tackle. (Those four years netted him Freshman First Team All-American and three years All-Conference First Team.) Albert was always going to be hypothetical project as an NFL tackle that has never come close to playing to his draft pick.

When it comes to the draft, I tend to be a little more conservative. I don't like pissing away a team's future on hypotheticals. Sometimes it works, but more often it doesn't. It's why I'd rather draft Konz (who is honestly one of the "elite" level players in this draft) than DeCastro and try to convert Hudson to guard. (Hudson was a better guard in college than DeCastro anyway.) It's why I wouldn't touch Tannehill with a ten foot pole in this draft. It's why I'd take Reynolds for the right tackle spot before any other guy after the first rounders. Reynolds will be able to immediately step in and produce at the ORT. Is he an elite prospect at left tackle? Nope. But he'll be a Day 1 starter for this team at RT.

Nightfyre
01-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Albert, for his first three seasons as a starting left tackle, had been downright atrocious.

And I'm not comparing him to Reynolds. Reynolds has four years of tape at the college level working at left tackle. (Those four years netted him Freshman First Team All-American and three years All-Conference First Team.) Albert was always going to be hypothetical project as an NFL tackle that has never come close to playing to his draft pick.

When it comes to the draft, I tend to be a little more conservative. I don't like pissing away a team's future on hypotheticals. Sometimes it works, but more often it doesn't. It's why I'd rather draft Konz (who is honestly one of the "elite" level players in this draft) than DeCastro and try to convert Hudson to guard. (Hudson was a better guard in college than DeCastro anyway.) It's why I wouldn't touch Tannehill with a ten foot pole in this draft. It's why I'd take Reynolds for the right tackle spot before any other guy after the first rounders. Reynolds will be able to immediately step in and produce at the ORT. Is he an elite prospect at left tackle? Nope. But he'll be a Day 1 starter for this team at RT.

Your anti-Albertism is at a hilarious level. Also, DeCastro is a far more elite prospect than Konz. I don't know where you come up with this shit, but its sad.

the Talking Can
01-25-2012, 11:25 AM

I've said it before, but you must be wearing these when you watch football:

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/14914529/2/stock-photo-14914529-prank-eyeglasses.jpg

Nightfyre
01-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I think I will spend my 9000th post berating sacc's line play assessment.

BossChief
01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
When I read shit like this:

All I can do is ROFL

Bewbies
01-26-2012, 12:08 AM
DeCastro is elite, worth a high 1, not as good as Hudson, a mid/low 2. LMAO

Saccopoo
01-26-2012, 02:32 AM
Your anti-Albertism is at a hilarious level. Also, DeCastro is a far more elite prospect than Konz. I don't know where you come up with this shit, but its sad.

Konz, as a junior, is, by far and away, the best center in this draft. He is the best true center prospect since Alex Mack. That is elite.

DeCastro is a guard that played in front of one of the best college quarterbacks of recent memory. A guard.

When you consider that Jon Martin, Dave DeCastro, Colby Fleener are all being talked about as "best at their position" when playing in front of a guy like Luck, one has to consider if it's Luck that's really, really good, or is it all these other guys that are "elite" level players.

Case in point, remember when all those guys from North Carolina State's defensive line got drafted in the first couple of rounds a couple of years back? Yeah, those same guys that played on the same line with Mario Williams.

Oh, yeah. Also, for Chief fans, remember that Ryan Sims guy, who tore it up at the Senior Bowl and who played next to some guy named Julius Peppers?

Exactly.

Maybe it's Martin, Fleener and DeCastro that are "elite" and they've been carrying Luck for the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, that's it...Luck is just been riding on these guys coat tails and he's completely overrated.

And I'm not saying that DeCastro sucks. He's had a very nice career. It's just that it's hard to evaluate a guy like that when you have a guy like Luck as a quarterback.

As well, I'm curious why he never got moved over to the center position in college when that's what he played in high school and was so highly rated for at that stage.

jd1020
01-26-2012, 07:26 AM
You could say the same thing about Konz who played infront of Russell Wilson, who passed for over 10 ypa, completed 72% of his passes, and threw for 33 TDs this year. And Montee Ball, who rushed for nearly 2000 yards and scored 33 TDs.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-26-2012, 08:12 AM
You could say the same thing about Konz who played infront of Russell Wilson, who passed for over 10 ypa, completed 72% of his passes, and threw for 33 TDs this year. And Montee Ball, who rushed for nearly 2000 yards and scored 33 TDs.

Sacapowned

aturnis
01-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Konz, as a junior, is, by far and away, the best center in this draft. He is the best true center prospect since Alex Mack. That is elite.

DeCastro is a guard that played in front of one of the best college quarterbacks of recent memory. A guard.

When you consider that Jon Martin, Dave DeCastro, Colby Fleener are all being talked about as "best at their position" when playing in front of a guy like Luck, one has to consider if it's Luck that's really, really good, or is it all these other guys that are "elite" level players.

Case in point, remember when all those guys from North Carolina State's defensive line got drafted in the first couple of rounds a couple of years back? Yeah, those same guys that played on the same line with Mario Williams.

Oh, yeah. Also, for Chief fans, remember that Ryan Sims guy, who tore it up at the Senior Bowl and who played next to some guy named Julius Peppers?

Exactly.

Maybe it's Martin, Fleener and DeCastro that are "elite" and they've been carrying Luck for the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, that's it...Luck is just been riding on these guys coat tails and he's completely overrated.

And I'm not saying that DeCastro sucks. He's had a very nice career. It's just that it's hard to evaluate a guy like that when you have a guy like Luck as a quarterback.

As well, I'm curious why he never got moved over to the center position in college when that's what he played in high school and was so highly rated for at that stage.

Try watching him. Sure his number COULD look good b/c Luck played so well he minimized the defensive lines effectiveness. If you watch, and see how he handles himself, how he reacts, and how he run blocks, it's pretty self evident he's very, very good.

Saccopoo
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Try watching him. Sure his number COULD look good b/c Luck played so well he minimized the defensive lines effectiveness. If you watch, and see how he handles himself, how he reacts, and how he run blocks, it's pretty self evident he's very, very good.

I'm not saying he isn't. I think he's better than Martin. I think he's the third best offensive line guy in this draft behind Kalil and Konz.

However, with the drafting of Hudson last season and Asamoah the year before, drafting another guard, especially in the first round, is kinda silly. I guess one could make the argument that Asamoah struggled a lot this past season, which he did, but he flashed as well. I think he'll turn it up this next season. Instead of drafting another guard and converting one of the current ones on roster to center, it seems to make more sense to take the elite level center and keep the two young, talented guards at the guard position.

O.city
01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Well here is my mock. I've been doing a little researching. This is depending on what we do in free agency. I'm assuming we bring in a healthy Peyton Manning to play qb and Paul Soliai to play NT.

Round 1: Trade back to the early 20's, picking up an extra 2 rounder. If no one wants to trade with us, I'd take Richardson if he is sitting there. Anyway
Peter Konz in the first
Round 2a: Vontaze Burfict. He will fall out of hte first round, Pioli makes the value pick.
2b: Mike Adams, another solid pick if he falls that far. If not, it's Sanders from Florida State.
3: Chris Polk
4: Michael Egnew.
5: George Illoko
6:Joe Adams
7: Nick Provo

BossChief
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
How someone can read sac say that Albert wasn't any good and how Asamoah struggled... and STILL respect any of his takes on offensive linemen is beyond me.

He is the new, and not as good, Mecca....but the absolute true fan version of such.

O.city
01-27-2012, 05:59 PM
BossChief, what do you think of my mock.

BossChief
01-27-2012, 10:58 PM
I think that if we could move down that far, we would be shooting for a future first or more than just a second rounder. Depends on who falls to us, as well. Not sure that's gonna happen.

If the scenario played out like that, our line would likely develop into one of the better units in the league and would be very young.

Normally, I would be against that much more investment in the line, but we need value for these picks and our skill position players are set. Getting a really good center and a quality right tackle prospect both for our first would be worth it to me.

I love Burflicts highlights, attitude, intensity and some of his other traits...but I don't see a fit here. He is a bit of a loose cannon (reminds me of Arrington a bit) and going into a system that requires the opposite, Im not sure they
would target him. I would, though. If they want a mike that early, they will shoot for a Mayo clone. That's what scares me a little. This team needs a tone setter like Burflict.

All in all, those three picks would greatly improve our team in the trenches and point of attack on both sides of the ball. that's a big need so there are no complaints from me.

Maybe instead of Burflict, Poe could be another option...heck, maybe over Kotz. He could be a star and fills an immediate need.

Powe and Poe owning the zero fo sho.

The rest of the guys are decent values, but I'd like to see how they measure up at the combine.

I had a few drinks and feel I'm rambling, so I'll stop there.

Saccopoo
01-28-2012, 01:00 AM
How someone can read sac say that Albert wasn't any good and how Asamoah struggled... and STILL respect any of his takes on offensive linemen is beyond me.

He is the new, and not as good, Mecca....but the absolute true fan version of such.

Asamoah did struggle at times. There were a couple of games he was downright bad - he got absolutely worked in the Dolphins game. There was also times he looked good, such as the Raiders game. And Albert had a season where he played to middle of the pack level at best.

However, you are like a number of other morons here who think that because we picked a guy, specifically an offensive line player, in the front part of the draft, that that guy is automatically gold regardless of what happens on the field.

milkman
01-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Asamoah did struggle at times. There were a couple of games he was downright bad - he got absolutely worked in the Dolphins game. There was also times he looked good, such as the Raiders game. And Albert had a season where he played to middle of the pack level at best.

However, you are like a number of other morons here who think that because we picked a guy, specifically an offensive line player, in the front part of the draft, that that guy is automatically gold regardless of what happens on the field.

That is not the case at all.

Albert wasn't great, but he progressed after regressing in his third season, and is good enough to man the position.

Drafting for a LT is no longer a need, no matter how you want to spin it.

He needs to continue to progress, but at this point in time, this team has far greater needs.

milkman
01-28-2012, 09:28 AM
Well here is my mock. I've been doing a little researching. This is depending on what we do in free agency. I'm assuming we bring in a healthy Peyton Manning to play qb and Paul Soliai to play NT.

Round 1: Trade back to the early 20's, picking up an extra 2 rounder. If no one wants to trade with us, I'd take Richardson if he is sitting there. Anyway
Peter Konz in the first
Round 2a: Vontaze Burfict. He will fall out of hte first round, Pioli makes the value pick.
2b: Mike Adams, another solid pick if he falls that far. If not, it's Sanders from Florida State.
3: Chris Polk
4: Michael Egnew.
5: George Illoko
6:Joe Adams
7: Nick Provo

Don't like taking a RB in both the first and third rounds.

O.city
01-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Sorry Milk, should have said it but things would change if no one would trade with us. If I take Richardson in the first, no Polk in the third.

And Boss, the reason I'm big on Burfict is that he has an attitude. The defense needs a nasty ass guy who is a little off his rocker. He would be perfect next to DJ.

Saccopoo
01-28-2012, 12:07 PM
That is not the case at all.

Albert wasn't great, but he progressed after regressing in his third season, and is good enough to man the position.

Drafting for a LT is no longer a need, no matter how you want to spin it.

He needs to continue to progress, but at this point in time, this team has far greater needs.

I've already stated several times that I'm okay with Albert at LT at this point. He isn't going to be anything other than middle of the pack at best, but if he's got good support to the right and someone in the backfield to chip off on outside speed rushers, he'll be okay. Not good, but okay. (McClain helped a lot this past year in the blocking department.)

And my mock reflects the greater needs of the Chiefs. At least I don't think I have a left tackle on this one.

O.city
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Sac, what are your thoughts on Osomele and Mike Adams to play RT?

aturnis
01-28-2012, 09:25 PM
BossChief, what do you think of my mock.

I REALLY don't think anyone is going to trade up to get Richardson. Especially up to 12 from the 20's.

aturnis
01-28-2012, 09:37 PM

Personally, I wasn't a huge fan of what I saw in Osemele in the Senior Bowl. Had a holding penalty(Mayock has always referred to him as a grabber) got beat pretty bad once, and just lack luster from there. They gave him praise on a run play that went for a gain, but in actuality, he hardly touched his guy.

aturnis
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I've already stated several times that I'm okay with Albert at LT at this point. He isn't going to be anything other than middle of the pack at best, but if he's got good support to the right and someone in the backfield to chip off on outside speed rushers, he'll be okay. Not good, but okay. (McClain helped a lot this past year in the blocking department.)

And my mock reflects the greater needs of the Chiefs. At least I don't think I have a left tackle on this one.

Is Albert great? No. Is he good, yes. He is in the average - above average category to this point in his career. The question you need to ask yourself about this line, and THIS draft in particular, is can you win championships with the guys we have.

Albert - yes
Lilja - yes
Hudson - yes
Asamoah - yes
Richardson - no

I think A LOT of CP'ers are going to be disappointed after the draft. Everyone is calling for Lilja's head, and they'd rather Hudson at LG. Fact is, Pioli hasn't started a rookie on the Oline since he got here, and he hasn't replaced more than one piece(Lilja, Weigmann aside, they were seasoned vets) at a time.

Personally, I would like to get a RT this year for sure, and depending on where they plan on playing Hudson, it'd be nice to find a replacement for the opening that Lilja could create. I'd be fine with Hudson at LG and wouldn't mind waiting to pick up Brewster. Brewster looked VERY good in 1 on 1 blocking drills. He's a bit tall, but has good knee bend.

I'd love to get two new Olinemen this year, I just don't see Pioli replacing Lilja this early. Again though, it depends on what they want to do with Hudson. If they see him as their LG, they very well could go with two guys this draft.

Saccopoo
01-29-2012, 02:00 AM

People around here gave shit to Matt Reynolds for measuring in at the Shrine Bowl at a legit 6'4".

Someone posted a video of Osemele at Senior Bowl practices and in one shot he was standing next to Adams of Ohio State and he looked approximately 4" shorter than Adams standing right beside him. Both are listed at 6'6" by their schools. I'd like to see his arm measurements. He looked short in the blocking drills.

But then, both Will Shields and Rod Hudson, after All-American careers, dropped in the draft (Shields in the third and Hudson in the late second) because they measured short in the arms. (NFL guys hate that.) But operating at the guard spot, that isn't a big deal and if you have the strength, it might work to your advantage.

Adams is huge, but he hasn't looked overly impressive in the games I've seen him play. He didn't show a lot of technique or finesse and looked to just overwhelm people with his size/strength. I don't know. I think he's a big question mark in this draft. He's got proto size but he doesn't adjust well.

I guess it depends on what the Chiefs ultimately do with the offensive coordinator position. If they stay in a zone scheme like Haley was running, I'd say that Adams wouldn't fit. If they go to a power man scheme, then he might work. He'll need to be coached up, but he has the tools to be a solid right tackle if he wants to be.

Saccopoo
01-29-2012, 02:07 AM
Is Albert great? No. Is he good, yes. He is in the average - above average category to this point in his career. The question you need to ask yourself about this line, and THIS draft in particular, is can you win championships with the guys we have.

Albert - yes
Lilja - yes
Hudson - yes
Asamoah - yes
Richardson - no

I think A LOT of CP'ers are going to be disappointed after the draft. Everyone is calling for Lilja's head, and they'd rather Hudson at LG. Fact is, Pioli hasn't started a rookie on the Oline since he got here, and he hasn't replaced more than one piece(Lilja, Weigmann aside, they were seasoned vets) at a time.

Personally, I would like to get a RT this year for sure, and depending on where they plan on playing Hudson, it'd be nice to find a replacement for the opening that Lilja could create. I'd be fine with Hudson at LG and wouldn't mind waiting to pick up Brewster. Brewster looked VERY good in 1 on 1 blocking drills. He's a bit tall, but has good knee bend.

I'd love to get two new Olinemen this year, I just don't see Pioli replacing Lilja this early. Again though, it depends on what they want to do with Hudson. If they see him as their LG, they very well could go with two guys this draft.

Excellent assessment Aturnis.

I'm not sold on Brewster though. The guy I really like if we are going middle of the pack is Grant Garner of Oklahoma State. He was completely solid all year and the three games I saw of OSU, he was almost lockdown in each. A real vault door for Weeden all season. Someone is going to steal this guy in the mid-late rounds.

reschief
01-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Mike Adams played well in the Senior Bowl and shut down some solid pass rushers. Mayock showed his highlights from the first half before the game resumed on NFL Network. Even if his technique isn't polished yet, he would be an significant upgrade over Richardson. Adams can move for his size and he can be coached up. Richardson, as we know, is at best a back up and at worse, a lost cause.

gonefishin53
01-29-2012, 03:58 PM
The Chiefs need to get better converting short yardage and goal line opportunities. I think Romeo likes seeing his D on the sideline while the O moves the chains and scores TDs in the red zone. Hudson at C and a more physical guard than Lilga makes sense. It appears the staff has plans for Mims because they moved him up from the practice squad to keep other teams from nabbing him. Maybe Mims-LT, Albert-LG, Hudson-C, Asamoah-RG, and trade down to pick up Mike Adams for RT. Probably more change than most would like but at least there's a full off-season and training camp this year.

jd1020
01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
The Chiefs need to get better converting short yardage and goal line opportunities. I think Romeo likes seeing his D on the sideline while the O moves the chains and scores TDs in the red zone. Hudson at C and a more physical guard than Lilga makes sense. It appears the staff has plans for Mims because they moved him up from the practice squad to keep other teams from nabbing him. Maybe Mims-LT, Albert-LG, Hudson-C, Asamoah-RG, and trade down to pick up Mike Adams for RT. Probably more change than most would like but at least there's a full off-season and training camp this year.

Starting a practice squad player at LT and moving Albert to LG. You should run, and run fast.

gonefishin53
01-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Starting a practice squad player at LT and moving Albert to LG. You should run, and run fast.

I don't see the Chiefs attracting quality free agents so any improvement in the O-line's ability to do better in short yardage and goal line will be with the current roster and rookies. Albert was an all-american LG in college so maybe he'll be a lot better pro LG than LT. Until club ownership and the front office make KC an above average destination for quality free agents, the scouting and coaching staff will have to work miracles with projects like Mims if Chief's fans hope to see a playoff win anytime soon.

The Bad Guy
01-29-2012, 05:01 PM

Yeah, that's it you fucking abortion.

We are all homers and you are the bright light trying to show us the way.

Beat your ridiculous drum somewhere else on Albert. There's actually people who understand football on this board.

O.city
01-29-2012, 08:04 PM
i don't think it matters what Albert does, in Sacs eyes he will never be good enough.

milkman
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
I don't see the Chiefs attracting quality free agents so any improvement in the O-line's ability to do better in short yardage and goal line will be with the current roster and rookies. Albert was an all-american LG in college so maybe he'll be a lot better pro LG than LT. Until club ownership and the front office make KC an above average destination for quality free agents, the scouting and coaching staff will have to work miracles with projects like Mims if Chief's fans hope to see a playoff win anytime soon.

Moving Albert, who finally made strides as a LT, and who still has room for growth, is not what I'd call a good plan.

Mims is a RT project.

But this team needs to draft a RT that can start day one.

The one thing I agree with in sac's posting is finding a true center and putting Hudson at LG.

O.city
01-29-2012, 09:34 PM
IMO, if we aren't taking Richardson in the first, this draft sets up perfect to just go true fan and get Olineman and depth.

Sacs dream come true, but it might be just what this team needs.