PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Williamson:Will Chiefs pursue Hue Jackson?

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Will Chiefs pursue Hue Jackson? (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/38534/will-chiefs-pursue-hue-jackson)
By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

I would think the events in Oakland on Tuesday were duly noted in Kansas City.

A day after the Chiefs promoted former defensive coordinator and interim coach Romeo Crennel to permanent head coach, the Raiders fired head coach Hue Jackson.

Jackson immediately goes to the front of the line of available offensive coordinators. The Chiefs need an offensive coordinator, and reports say they are looking for a dynamic offensive leader to allow Crennel to worry about other things.

In my mind, Jackson qualifies as a dynamic offensive-coordinator candidate. He turned the Raiders’ offensive around during the past two seasons — as coordinator in 2010 before becoming head coach last year.

The names of Chiefs quarterback coach Jim Zorn and former Jacksonville offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter are also floating around for the Chiefs job. Jackson would be intriguing, though. I think he’d fit with the Chiefs’ personnel, and you would have to think the freshly fired Oakland coach would be interested in staying in the AFC West.

Will the Chiefs end up hiring Jackson? We’ll see, but his sudden availability has to at least be discussed in Kansas City. There will be competition for Jackson, though. Miami is interviewing Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer for its head-coaching vacancy. If he gets the job, a Zimmer-Jackson combo could be in play. The two are longtime associates.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Seriously?

KCtotheSB
01-11-2012, 01:49 AM
"Will Chiefs pursue Hue Jackson?"

BW: MAYBE. IT'S A POSSIBILITY!

Bill Williamson is goddamn useless. You could outsource his job to India.

BCD
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM
Groundbreaking.

Cornstock
01-11-2012, 01:56 AM
The thought of hiring a former Oakland coach as OC just might make my head explode. I can't decide if this is a great way to stick it to Oakland and would result in a great offense or if it is the worst idea since drafting Todd Blackledge.

Cornstock
01-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Oakland is obviously clearing house so they can bring back Jon Gruden, since he's apparently the only coach that can keep a job there longer than 3 years. :rolleyes:

BCD
01-11-2012, 02:11 AM
The thought of hiring a former Oakland coach as OC just might make my head explode. I can't decide if this is a great way to stick it to Oakland and would result in a great offense or if it is the worst idea since drafting Todd Blackledge.

Gunther was with Oakland prior to coming here in the 90s.

Granted, he wasn't a HC.

NJChiefsFan
01-11-2012, 03:17 AM
Is there a highlighter function so that I can highlight all the facts and useful points given in the article for later use?

penguinz
01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Is there a highlighter function so that I can highlight all the facts and useful points given in the article for later use?Absolutely not.

Rausch
01-11-2012, 04:41 AM
Oakland is obviously clearing house so they can bring back Jon Gruden, since he's apparently the only coach that can keep a job there longer than 3 years. :rolleyes:

I joked about this tonight.

He could go there and rake it in with a huge contract. No-lose situation.

He actually makes them a winner he's a legend. He doesn't and he takes the cash and makes a smooth transition back into ESPN...

dannybcaitlyn
01-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Well that could possibly push cassel out the door if hired. This guy likes to go deep with the passes down field and cassel can't throw past 20yds.

King_Chief_Fan
01-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Well that could possibly push cassel out the door if hired. This guy likes to go deep with the passes down field and cassel can't throw past 20yds.

as long as he doesn't want to give up a 1 and 2 to move Palmer over here:p

Gonzo
01-11-2012, 06:32 AM
The guy is a decent coach from what I've seen. For him to last 2 seasons in Oakland is amazing. That's a Bobby Bowden-like stretch.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheGuardian
01-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Hue is actually a pretty solid OC.

Huffman83
01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
As far as the options KC has, this is the most solid. It hurts to say it though.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 06:45 AM
I'd much rather have Hue than Zorn. And while Koetter was an interesting thought coming out of college, his work in the NFL has been pretty icky.

suds79
01-11-2012, 06:48 AM

Certainly liked to pound it in Oakland. We'll feature the run here. Seems to make sense.

I couldn't possibly care less about him being a former Raider. Simply hire the best candidates out there.

BigRichard
01-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Certainly liked to pound it in Oakland. We'll feature the run here. Seems to make sense.

I couldn't possibly care less about him being a former Raider. Simply hire the best candidates out there.

Exactly, the entire "I don't want him because he is a former Raider" shit is ridonculous.

mlyonsd
01-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Pretty knowledgeable co-worker raider fan is worried we'll hire him. He was ticked oakland fired him.

That's good enough for me.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Exactly, the entire "I don't want him because he is a former Raider" shit is ridonculous.

No it's not. Any Bronco fan will tell you that those TWO Super Bowl wins leave a bad taste in the their mouth because Shanahan came from Oakland...

:rolleyes:

:)

talastan
01-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Was he on staff in Cincy when Crennel was HC of the Browns. Than both Hue and Romeo should already have some familiarity with each other.

DBoweShow
01-11-2012, 07:35 AM
No it's not. Any Bronco fan will tell you that those TWO Super Bowl wins leave a bad taste in the their mouth because Shanahan came from Oakland...

I honestly wouldn't care who the **** was head coach if we won two superbowls!

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 07:45 AM
I honestly wouldn't care who the **** was head coach if we won two superbowls!

That was my point. ;)

Royal Fanatic
01-11-2012, 08:14 AM
Bringing in a former Oakland running back seemed to work out pretty well when they brought in Marcus Allen. This also wouldn't be the first time a former head coach for the Raiders came here as an assistant coach. Remember Art Shell?

I think it would be a great move. I was surprised that Oakland fired Jackson after one season and an 8-8 record.

Brock
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
He likes having a QB, so there's that.

Garcia Bronco
01-11-2012, 08:26 AM

He was ours first.

Lzen
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM

This. Marcus Allen was a former Raider. Art Shell was a former Raider (player and coach). Gunther was a former Raider. All of those guys had success in KC.

trndobrd
01-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Kyle Orton as starting QB, Hue Jackson as OC....all we need now is Clarence Shelmon as assistant OC and the circle of AFCW castoffs will be complete.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2012, 08:56 AM
Pretty knowledgeable co-worker raider fan is worried we'll hire him. He was ticked oakland fired him.

Sounds good that way, but there is a flaw in your statement that is incomprehendable.

Knowledgeable, should never be used.

In the same sentence with raider fans.

Frazod
01-11-2012, 09:03 AM

My main problem with him is that I really have to question the intelligence of somebody who thought trading first round picks for Carson fucking Palmer was a good idea.

mlyonsd
01-11-2012, 09:11 AM
My main problem with him is that I really have to question the intelligence of somebody who thought trading first round picks for Carson ****ing Palmer was a good idea.Yeah that is definitely a red flag that needs to be considered. I understand why they went after Palmer, just not why they paid so much.

Chiefshrink
01-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Bringing in a former Oakland running back seemed to work out pretty well when they brought in Marcus Allen. This also wouldn't be the first time a former head coach for the Raiders came here as an assistant coach. Remember Art Shell?

I think it would be a great move. I was surprised that Oakland fired Jackson after one season and an 8-8 record.

This !!:thumb:

Chiefshrink
01-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah that is definitely a red flag that needs to be considered. I understand why they went after Palmer, just not why they paid so much.

Are you sure he was the one who gave the farm away?

Frazod
01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
The good thing would be he'd hate Oakland even more than Marty did.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
maybe if Hue comes here, he could persuade Michael Bush to come here to pair with JC

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
maybe if Hue comes here, he could persuade Michael Bush to come here to pair with JC

This.

DBoweShow
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM

This! :thumb:

They would compliment very well together. But Oakland would be dumb to not resign him since Run DMC is as fragile as glass.

RNR
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM

As I said before he was fired I think he would be a good hire for KC and I hoped he would be given the opportunity. I wanted him gone plain and simple. I would like to talk to your knowledgeable friend and have him explain why he is upset over him Jackson being fired. This guy was making the same mistakes in the last game he made in the first game. In fact if anything he digressed as the year went on.

He wasted timeouts, mismanaged the clock, his play calling was horrible, and he lead this team to the all time record in penalties and penalty yards. I could list several other issues with him as a head coach but it is not worth the typing. He was a good offensive coordinator and I think he would be worth a look for that position with any team needing one. I will say this I have serious questions about your friends knowledge if he is defending Jacksons head coaching ability~

Micjones
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
God I hope not.
His OC resume is unimpressive.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
God I hope not.
His OC resume is unimpressive.

then who then? Hue prolly would fit the chiefs better than anyone. And sorry but Mike McCarthy isnt leaving Green Bay to be our Offensive Coordinator.

Cave Johnson
01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
As I said before he was fired I think he would be a good hire for KC and I hoped he would be given the opportunity. I wanted him gone plain and simple. I would like to talk to your knowledgeable friend and have him explain why he is upset over him Jackson being fired. This guy was making the same mistakes in the last game he made in the first game. In fact if anything he digressed as the year went on.

Getting off topic would certainly explain their poor late season performance.

dallaschiefsfan
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I could care less if he made the stupid Palmer trade. He woudn't have any kind of control like that in KC. I just care if he can draw up the x's and o's and make an offense run and have an identity...and punch holes in the wall of Arrowhead if he's not given a new QB. I honestly don't know if he's that good of an x's and o's guy, though.

bevischief
01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Don't think Jackson and Pioli would get along.

DTLB58
01-11-2012, 10:39 AM
then who then? Hue prolly would fit the chiefs better than anyone. And sorry but Mike McCarthy isnt leaving Green Bay to be our Offensive Coordinator.

No, but the QB coach in GB or N.O. Sure could.
Then after Romeo is done in three years they may be set
To take over. They must instill some youth in the coaching ranks
To learn from the vets while they are here.

Swanman
01-11-2012, 10:42 AM
The Chiefs could hire an empty chair and it would be an upgrade over Muir, so I am good with Hue Jackson.

dallaschiefsfan
01-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Don't think Jackson and Pioli would get along.

Hue couldn't get around Romeo...he'd just wind up in Crennel's arm pit every time he tried to bull rush Pioli...

HemiEd
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Gunther was with Oakland prior to coming here in the 90s.

Granted, he wasn't a HC.

Art Shell

Micjones
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM

How about Brad Childress?

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd take Hue Jackson.

Look what he did for that offense. Orton can throw the deep ball. Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston are better WRs than Heyward-Bey, Moore and Ford. Charles is an explosive back like DMC.

Micjones
01-11-2012, 11:10 AM
I'd take Hue Jackson.

Look what he did for that offense. Orton can throw the deep ball. Bowe, Baldwin and Breaston are better WRs than Heyward-Bey, Moore and Ford. Charles is an explosive back like DMC.

How about what he DIDN'T do with talented WR's in Washington and Atlanta?

thurman merman
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't know why people are upset about this. Have you seen Bill Muir's playcalling?

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 11:37 AM
How about Brad Childress?

No fucking way. He's terrible.

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM

Please refresh my memory, but when did Washington and Atlanta have a talented receiver core?

Pretty sure Washington has been dog shit for years and Atlanta only recently became good this past draft.

Detoxing
No ****ing way. He's terrible.

Major this.

Micjones
No ****ing way. He's terrible.

Not as an Offensive Coordinator he's not.
Those Philly offenses were pretty stout.
He had a hand in the one Eagles team that made the Superbowl.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM

:spock:

Are you serious?

In Washington....he had Patrick Ramsey, Rod Gardner and Laverneus Coles. His fucking RB was Trung Candidate.

Coles finished the year with over 1000 yards and 6 TDs.
Gardner had 600 yards and 5 TDs.
Ramsey played in 11 games and finished with 2100 yards, 14 TDs and 9 INTs.

In Atlanta....he had Joey Harrington, Warrick Dunn, Roddy White and Michael Jenkins.

White finished with 1200 yards and 6 TDs.
Jenkins finished with 500 yards and 4 TDs.
Harrington played in 12 games and finished with 2200 yards, 7 TDs and 8 INTs.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Yep....he's done nothing at all.

Washington Redskins

From 2001 until 2002, Jackson spent as Redskins’s running backs coach under Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Spurrier. In 2001, under Jackson’s tutelage, RB Stephen Davis rushed for 1,432 yards, breaking the record he had set in 1999 for most rushing yards in a season by a Redskin. In 2002, Davis was on pace for another 1,000-yard rushing season before suffering a season-ending injury. Jackson was promoted to offensive coordinator in Washington by head coach Steve Spurrier in 2003 and handled the team’s offensive play-calling, becoming the only coach to perform that duty other than Spurrier.
[edit] Cincinnati Bengals

Jackson was the wide receivers coach for the Cincinnati Bengals for 3 seasons. Under Jackson’s tutelage in Cincinnati, Chad Ochocinco and T. J. Houshmandzadeh became one of the most prolific wide-receiving tandems in the NFL. In 2005, the Ochocinco-Houshmandzadeh tandem combined to total 175 receptions for 2,388 yards, while helping the team secure the AFC North title and a playoff berth for the first time in 15 years. In 2006, Ochocinco (1,369 yards) and Houshmandzadeh (1,081 yards) became the first pair of Bengals to eclipse the 1,000-yard receiving mark in a single season. In each of Jackson's 3 years in Cincinnati, Ochocinco was named to the Pro Bowl.
[edit] Atlanta Falcons

In 2007, after leaving Cincinnati, Jackson was an NFL offensive coordinator for the second time when he served in that capacity for the Atlanta Falcons under Bobby Petrino and Emmitt Thomas (Interim).
[edit] Baltimore Ravens

From 2008 until 2009, Jackson spent as Baltimore’s quarterbacks coach under head coach John Harbaugh. In 2008, Jackson tutored Joe Flacco, who became the first rookie QB to win two playoff games in NFL history as the Ravens advanced to the AFC Championship game. He helped the Ravens advance to the postseason in both seasons.
[edit] Oakland Raiders

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His total numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season. Making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

Micjones
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Please refresh my memory, but when did Washington and Atlanta have a talented receiver core?

That 2003 team got 1,200 yards from Laveranues Coles that year.
Rod Gardner, who had a 1,000-yard season of his own the year prior, was their #2.

Pretty sure Washington has been dog shit for years and Atlanta only recently became good this past draft.

That 2007 Falcons team had Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Alge Crumpler and Laurent Robinson.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Not as an Offensive Coordinator he's not.
Those Philly offenses were pretty stout.
He had a hand in the one Eagles team that made the Superbowl.

Andy Reid calls the plays.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
That 2003 team got 1,200 yards from Laveranues Coles that year.
Rod Gardner, who had a 1,000-yard season of his own the year prior, was their #2.

That 2007 Falcons team had Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Alge Crumpler and Laurent Robinson.

Yeah....and as I pointed out above....his QBs were Patrick Ramsey and Joey Harrington.

Cornstock
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM

Not saying it unprecedented. But it still makes my head explode.

Micjones
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Yep....he's done nothing at all.

That means he's a good position coach.
Why does any of that mean he can coordinate an offense?

Your proof, that he's a good Coordinator, is an 80 QB Rating from Flacco, 2.5 studs at RB, Ochocinco, and Houshmanzadeh? Okay...

Carlota69
01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah....and as I pointed out above....his QBs were Patrick Ramsey and Joey Harrington.

SO he had successful stints as OC with shitty QBs? Isnt this what we want, an OC that can work with garbage instead of ones that are made to LOOK great with MVP type QBs? I dont understand not wanting Jackson as our OC. Nevermind the fact that he would Hate OAK more than anyone in the organization and want to shove it up their ass twice a year. Id love to get this guy.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
That means he's a good position coach.
Why does any of that mean he can coordinate an offense?

Your proof, that he's a good Coordinator, is an 80 QB Rating from Flacco, 2.5 studs at RB, Ochocinco, and Houshmanzadeh? Okay...

Did you not read this?

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game) also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game) and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game).

listopencil
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
SO he had successful stints as OC with shitty QBs? Isnt this what we want, an OC that can work with garbage instead of ones that are made to LOOK great with MVP type QBs? I dont understand not wanting Jackson as our OC. Nevermind the fact that he would Hate OAK more than anyone in the organization and want to shove it up their ass twice a year. Id love to get this guy.

Yeah, I would think KC would be all over him for OC.

Carlota69
01-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I would think KC would be all over him for OC.
Exactly. The dude has been a successful OC and he wants to rip the Raiders a new asshole...Im all for it.

Micjones
01-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Did you not read this?

I'm fully aware of the offensive success Oakland had last season, but aside from the 1,800 yards he got from his #1 and #2 backs...what else was special about that offense? WR and QB performances were pretty pedestrian.

That team had success because it had an awesome run game.

Chocolate Hog
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm fully aware of the offensive success Oakland had last season, but aside from the 1,800 yards he got from his #1 and #2 backs...what else was special about that offense? WR and QB performances were pretty pedestrian.

That team had success because it had an awesome run game.

Oakland had their first 1,000 yard WR in almost 10 years this year.

Micjones
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Oakland had their first 1,000 yard WR in almost 10 years this year.

They were close, but DHB finished with 975 yards.
And despite that and a solid run game they were still a middle of the road offense.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 12:48 PM
They were close, but DHB finished with 975 yards.
And despite that and a solid run game they were still a middle of the road offense.

And you want who as our OC?

Micjones
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM

There's really no one to be excited about this off-season.
But I'd take a guy like Mike Sherman. Not a sexy pick, but a guy who has always make chicken salad from chicken shit.

King_Chief_Fan
01-11-2012, 12:59 PM

there is at least a 75 fuckers on this board to claim to know how to run one. I wonder if they apply

whoman69
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
Jackson had a very undisciplined team in Oakland. The way we are set up now, we need a team that is not going to hurt themselves with mistakes. He's also a control freak who lost his job mostly with a stupid statement at the end of the year.

Carlota69
01-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Jackson had a very undisciplined team in Oakland. The way we are set up now, we need a team that is not going to hurt themselves with mistakes. He's also a control freak who lost his job mostly with a stupid statement at the end of the year.
I dont want him as our HC. I want him as our OC and he wouldnt have that kind of control as OC.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 01:08 PM
There's really no one to be excited about this off-season.

This much is VERY true.

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM

This would be my main concern with Hue as well.

The combination of Hue/Crennel screams undisciplined. I'm torn. Pest makes some good points, but this guy has been drama for the Raiders.

But then again, the Raiders ARE drama.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude was given way to much power in the beginning.

Did you ever hear about him being an asshat when he was with other teams?

Ugly Duck
01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
(Raiders) were still a middle of the road offense.

Hue actually did a pretty good job with the offense this year. Oakland was a top ten offense in spite of a series of setbacks. Started the season without the top receiver (Zach Miller), lost the top playmaker (McFadden), lost the QB & had to play a dunce & then pull a QB off the retirement couch & send him out onto the field. Hue managed a top ten offense even with all that to contend with. Pestilence is right - power did go to his head as HC. But if Romeo were to limit him to OC in Chiefsland, he would probably improve the yardage & scoring in KC. I'm hoping he lands somewhere else - anywhere but KC.... he also knows every flaw of every crappy Raider defensive player. As OC in KC, he'd be kicking Raider ass twice a year for a while.

Carlota69
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Hue actually did a pretty good job with the offense this year. Oakland was a top ten offense in spite of a series of setbacks. Started the season without the top receiver (Zach Miller), lost the top playmaker (McFadden), lost the QB & had to play a dunce & then pull a QB off the retirement couch & send him out onto the field. Hue managed a top ten offense even with all that to contend with. Pestilence is right - power did go to his head as HC. But if Romeo were to limit him to OC in Chiefsland, he would probably improve the yardage & scoring in KC. I'm hoping he lands somewhere else - anywhere but KC.... he also knows every flaw of every crappy Raider defensive player. As OC in KC, he'd be kicking Raider ass twice a year for a while.

I seriously dont understand peoples opposition to Hue has KCs' OC. For the reasons youve stated. The dude is a good OC..maybe not HC, but Coordinator for sure.

Ugly Duck
01-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Hitler's reaction to the firing of Hue Jackson:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTV7O7TVNh0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kTV7O7TVNh0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 05:19 PM
If I had to choose between Hue, Muir and Zorn.......I'm choosing Hue.

KCChiefsFan88
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Al Saunders... Al Saunders... Al Saunders... AL SAUNDERS

BossChief
01-11-2012, 06:05 PM
My short list:

Tom Clements
Joe Lombardi
Hue Jackson
Mike Sullivan

Simplicity
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I would go ahead and say YES to Hue right away BUT one thing that sticks out to me is how undiscipline the Raiders were. Set a new record on penalties this year... Sure that could have been just the players/other staff membe's fault. So if we do hire Hue, I'm curious to see if our discipine changes. and if it doesn't then it could be a great hire.
Curious how it turns out.

Ugly Duck
01-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I would go ahead and say YES to Hue right away BUT one thing that sticks out to me is how undiscipline the Raiders were. Set a new record on penalties this year... Sure that could have been just the players/other staff membe's fault. So if we do hire Hue, I'm curious to see if our discipine changes. and if it doesn't then it could be a great hire.
Curious how it turns out.

Lotta that is ref prejudice. "Tight end is too far from the line - 5 yards!" "Tight end is too close to the line - 5 yards!" That kinda stuff'll cool down with other uniforms...

Brock
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Has this guy been made fun of yet?

http://l1.yimg.com/cv/ip/ap/default/120111/davis_uni.jpg

Frosty
01-12-2012, 08:05 AM

Is that a Dorothy Hamill mullet?

The Bad Guy
01-12-2012, 08:45 AM

Yes, because dipping into coaches of Chiefs past has always been the right move.

Regardless, Al Saunders isn't working for the Chiefs again.

bevischief
01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
Nick Wright was saying yesterday that his sources are saying no about Hue.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 10:03 AM

Talk Roaf, Shields, Waters, and a Qb who knows the offense like Green to come here then it just might work.

Ugly Duck
01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Jason Whitlock chimes in on the Hue Jackson firing:
"Within the Raiders organization there are a lot of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies who are scared McKenzie has been given the autonomy to scrub the place clean of beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies. The Al Davis-Oakland gravy train has run out of gravy and starving, beaten-down, worthless Al Davis flunkies are crying"

"The Carson Palmer trade — orchestrated by Hue-bris — could quite possibly be remembered as the dumbest, most-selfish act in the history of professional sports. Seriously. Capitalizing on the power vacuum created by the death of an NFL legend, a first-time head coach, in a desperate attempt to pad his resume and back into the playoffs with a flawed team with zero chance of winning the Super Bowl, compromised the future of his organization by handing Mike Brown a fortune for a washed-up quarterback."

"Firing Hue-bris was not remotely controversial. The controversy would’ve been in his retention. Whatever skills he has a play-caller and a leader are undermined by his delusion and arrogance."

"Mark Davis doesn’t want to build the New York Jets. He wants turn the Raiders into the Packers. That’s why he hired a former Raiders linebacker who learned the front-office side of football from the Packers to reinvent the Oakland Raiders. And that’s why Davis allowed McKenzie to fire Hue-bris Jackson."

Frazod
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM

M-O-O-N, that spells suck!

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Ha, how afraid of change can you be to keep a haircut like that? Even if you are settled into your life, don't you want to be alright with the person you see in the mirror?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Ha, how afraid of change can you be to keep a haircut like that? Even if you are settled into your life, don't you want to be alright with the person you see in the mirror?

He looks like the red headed kid in the movie The Problem Child, all grown up now.

Epic Fail 007
01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/1/10/2697621/2012-nfl-mock-draft-four-rounds-steelers-playoff-exit-edition Look at this they think kc will take Landry jones,lol

Frosty
01-12-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/1/10/2697621/2012-nfl-mock-draft-four-rounds-steelers-playoff-exit-edition Look at this they think kc will take Landry jones,lol

That would be a trick.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Has there been any news? Frank needs to call his friend i'm tired of waiting.

talastan
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm wondering if we are targeting someone on staff with one of the remaining playoff teams. (Clements or Lombardi) Either that or maybe Pioli wasn't prepared for McFistpump to go back to NE.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm wondering if we are targeting someone on staff with one of the remaining playoff teams. (Clements or Lombardi) Either that or maybe Pioli wasn't prepared for McFistpump to go back to NE.

My guess would be we're going to see what Miami does with Daboll. The Darkhorse pick: Ferentz son who's currently on the Patriots.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM

I wondered that too. Especially since one reporter thinks it will be a couple of weeks before we announce any coordinator additions or resignings.

RNR
01-12-2012, 04:03 PM

LMAO bullshit, he was run off as well everyone else attached to this debacle of a team. He will have zero insight to what the team will be doing next year. That is just silly talk, if the Chiefs beat the Raiders going forward it will be because they out played them and will have nothing to do with what this idiot thinks he knows~

BIG_DADDY
01-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Oh hell noooo.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Cincinnati Bengals @Bengals
Team announces former #Bengals WR coach and ex-Raiders HC Hue Jackson is joining Bengals as asst. coach helping secondary and special teams.

-King-
02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Cincinnati Bengals @Bengals
Team announces former #Bengals WR coach and ex-Raiders HC Hue Jackson is joining Bengals as asst. coach helping secondary and special teams.

Wow! How did he fall that far?

whoman69
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM

You don't kick your team under the bus like that and not expect consequenses.

Mr. Laz
02-17-2012, 02:59 PM
You don't kick your team under the bus like that and not expect consequenses.
i must of missed it. How did he kick his team under the bus?

whoman69
02-17-2012, 06:23 PM
i must of missed it. How did he kick his team under the bus?

His post game conference at their last game where he said he would need to go in and control everything about the franchise. Pretty much called everyone out. Pretty laughable when you consider he had pretty much entire control of the team after Al died.

Direckshun
02-17-2012, 07:24 PM
That's damn near collusion, isn't it?

Trade an incredibly stupid amount of picks away when you own Team A to Team B, then go work for Team B?

WhiteWhale
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
That's damn near collusion, isn't it?

Trade an incredibly stupid amount of picks away when you own Team A to Team B, then go work for Team B?

He didn't quit. He got fired.

Had he quit... then you could make that argument.

WhiteWhale
02-17-2012, 07:31 PM

It's a temp gig. If Haley didn't have his daddy to put in a good word he'd be working in a similar role.