PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Scott Pioli on Bob Fescoe

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5634051

Man loves Cassel he will be the QB in 2012. Pioli thinks cassel is good I'm sure that is a fireable offense Hunt.

talastan
01-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Another media presser where nothing is revealed and nothing of importance is addressed. Bravo Scott :clap:

ChiTown
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
If he truly believes Matt Cassel is a great leader and a top notch NFL QB, then he's been smoking his own dope for way too long. Seriously, that is massive GM FAIL

COchief
01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm sure he hardly said anything, but did he really say that about Cassel? I can't believe he is hitching his entire career and reputation on that POS, I'm starting to believe all the chatter about his ridiculous ego. How else could he possibly still want to go with Cassel???

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
If he truly believes Matt Cassel is a great leader and a top notch NFL QB, then he's been smoking his own dope for way too long. Seriously, that is massive GM FAIL

I can only hope he isn't that blind. I just can't see how he can manage to identify other problems on this team well but not the QB position. It's mind BOTTLING.

aturnis
01-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Said "Somehow, we need to get better on the offensive line". Top pick could be a Olineman I guess. Two QB's did get injured behind this one, and the run game was ineffective, so I could see him doing it.

Urc Burry
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Your dumb as hell if you think he'd say anything about not supporting him... and he won't get fired anytime soon

the Talking Can
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
pioli said, to a question about his own self-evaluation, that he's learned/intends to be 'more public' with kc fans and media...cited this interview as evidence...wonder if that came from clark?

talastan
01-11-2012, 11:24 AM
I REALLY hope his endorsement of Cassel is purely posturing for a potential trade.....:grovel: I highly doubt it will happen though. :(

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Said "Somehow, we need to get better on the offensive line". Top pick could be a Olineman I guess. Two QB's did get injured behind this one, and the run game was ineffective, so I could see him doing it.

The ineffective run game and QB injuries had far more to do with shit RB's and Shit QB's IMO.

KCUnited
01-11-2012, 11:25 AM
There's a difference between not throwing a player under the bus and reminding...errr marketing to the fan base that we have won with Matt Cassel. I've heard it twice this week from the HC and the GM.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Starts at 11:00 in.

FESCOE: Is your belief in Matt Cassel today the same as it was when you made the trade three years ago?

PIOLI: Yeah, I think Matt is a good football player; I think he's a good quarterback. And, you know, Matt a year ago is a player in 2010 who threw 27 touchdowns and had only seven interceptions. He led - he helped lead, I should say, he wasn't the only reason we went to the playoffs - he was an important part of getting us to the playoffs. He had an unbelievable November last year, and he's also a player that, you know, won 11 games in his final season in New England. You know, I've seen this player play well, and I still believe Matt Cassel is a good NFL quarterback.

the Talking Can
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
it makes me sick listening to him talk about Cassel...he actually claimed his record in New England as proof he's a good QB...

Cassel isn't going anywhere...what a waste of a team, a complete fucking waste

how does a 'smart' guy fall in love with a piece of shit QB?

SPchief
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Smokescreen

Agent V
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
He's not going to say anything negative about he quarterback situation out loud. I don't know if this is a valid point, or if I'm being a vapid dumb shit, but he hired Crennel largely based on the team's performance in the last three games, which were Cassel-less. Does the lack of Cassel in those games make any difference in Pioli's head? I hate not knowing.

I suppose he would also scoff at Orton's lack of redzone production, but Cassel was about the same. And play-calling was shit in those situations. Despite the Raiders loss, I think Orton at least proved that, even without Charles and Moeaki, there are weapons on offense that Cassel wasn't properly utilizing due to incompetence, an extra chromosome, or whatever. If Pioli doesn't see that, we're a lost cause.

Three7s
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM

FESCOE: Is your belief in Matt Cassel today the same as it was when you made the trade three years ago?

PIOLI: Yeah, I think Matt is a good football player; I think he's a good quarterback. And, you know, Matt a year ago is a player in 2010 who threw 27 touchdowns and had only seven interceptions. He led - he helped lead, I should say, he wasn't the only reason we went to the playoffs - he was an important part of getting us to the playoffs. He had an unbelievable November last year, and he's also a player that, you know, won 11 games in his final season in New England. You know, I've seen this player play well, and I still believe Matt Cassel is a good NFL quarterback.
If he really said "you know" that many times in a few sentences, then he must be feeling the heat.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
There is no way Pioli doesn't realize he made a mistake with Cassel.

Weis supposedly washed his hands of Cassel. Romeo all but fully endorsed Orton after one win. They brought Zorn in and he couldn't do dick with any QB on the roster. Pioli isn't blind.

aturnis
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
The ineffective run game and QB injuries had far more to do with shit RB's and Shit QB's IMO.

True statement. We're talking about Pioli though, not me. I personally don't believe he means what he says about Cassel. He's not going to trash him. He might only see Cassel as a stopgap, might also believe Stanzi is our guy. I do.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
If he really said "you know" that many times in a few sentences, then he must be feeling the heat.

That's a direct transcription, minus one or two "um's". But I think I actually missed a "you know".

Agent V
01-11-2012, 11:32 AM

Jesus H. Christ.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM

:facepalm:

Fucking fire this dipshit.

aturnis
01-11-2012, 11:34 AM
There's a difference between not throwing a player under the bus and reminding...errr marketing to the fan base that we have won with Matt Cassel. I've heard it twice this week from the HC and the GM.

He will be our QB next year. They have to sell to the fans that we can win with him next year , whether they believe it or not. I'm sure they have a plan on where to acquire a QBOTF if they don't already believe they have him.

trndobrd
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Maybe this is just a case of polishing the turd in the hope of getting some trade value.

Pestilence
01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Well....I'm going to assume that the following will happen.

1. Orton will sign elsewhere.
2. Cassel will be the starting QB next year.
3. We won't draft a QB this year.
4. We'll sign some veteran retard to be the backup QB.

Sweet....another season of not caring if the Chiefs lose. Instead of Suck for Luck....it will be Blow for Barkley.

philfree
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Pioli is not going to throw Cassel under the bus. That said there needs to be a public poll for Chiefs fans regarding how they feel about Cassel. Something like "Do you want Cassel to return as QB in 2012? Yes or No." It needs to be in the star and all over the internets to the point where Clark can't miss it.

Or it could say "Will you spend money on the Chiefs in 2012 if Casel is the QB? Yes or NO."

Prolly wouldn't matter but it still needs to be done.

aturnis
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Well....I'm going to assume that the following will happen.

1. Orton will sign elsewhere.
2. Cassel will be the starting QB next year.
3. We won't draft a QB this year.
4. We'll sign some veteran retard to be the backup QB.

Sweet....another season of not caring if the Chiefs lose. Instead of Suck for Luck....it will be Blow for Barkley.

Disagree. I expect Pioli to draft a QB, but late. Also expect Stanzi to be #2 and mid-late round QB as the #3.

HemiEd
01-11-2012, 11:43 AM
pioli said, to a question about his own self-evaluation, that he's learned/intends to be 'more public' with kc fans and media...cited this interview as evidence...wonder if that came from clark?

bank on it, and I bet that is just the part he is letting out.

SNR
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
There is no way Pioli doesn't realize he made a mistake with Cassel.

Weis supposedly washed his hands of Cassel. Romeo all but fully endorsed Orton after one win. They brought Zorn in and he couldn't do dick with any QB on the roster. Pioli isn't blind.I really hope so.

Rain Man
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM
As others have said, this means nothing. If you're trying to sell a car, you talk it up. If you're trying to trade a quarterback, you talk him up. The Jets wouldn't want to trade for a QB when his own GM is saying he's hopeless.

KC Tattoo
01-11-2012, 11:46 AM

We are fucked sh!t out of luck or any other QB in this draft.

Fuck Scott Pioli.

Right now I think our best chance is for Stanzi to upseet the starting role during preseason, at least make a good showing that he is capable of taking over the position.

Pioli talk about the O-line & depth at safty & gave his endorsement for the Cassel pos.

KCUnited
01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
He will be our QB next year. They have to sell to the fans that we can win with him next year , whether they believe it or not. I'm sure they have a plan on where to acquire a QBOTF if they don't already believe they have him.

All the Stanzi stuff used to make me chuckle, now it's a crazed belly laugh as I realize it's our only hope. To fall ass backwards lucky into a late round QBOTF.

Frosty
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Disagree. I expect Pioli to draft a QB, but late. Also expect Stanzi to be #2 and mid-late round QB as the #3.

After last season, I really don't think Pioli will be comfortable going into the season with two inexperienced QBs as back up, whether it's Cassel or Orton as #1. I think he will sign a Sage Rosenfels type of back up and the #3 will be Stanzi OR a draft pick from this year.

chop
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
The reason they gave for letting Haley go was inconsistancy. Does this rule not apply to the inconsistant QB they have starting?

Epic Fail 007
01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
From a business standpoint , why would he bash Cassel?Think,if he wanted to trade Cassel in the future of course you want to talk him up.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
When Pioli is taking questions from these talking heads, can someone please ask him why he hasn't won a single game against a winning team since he's been in KC?

Fried Meat Ball!
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
When Pioli is taking questions from these talking heads, can someone please ask him why he hasn't won a single game against a winning team since he's been in KC?

Geebus, is that true?

-King-

Packers
Posted via Mobile Device

ReynardMuldrake
Guys, guys, Cassel is a proven, battle-tested Pro Bowl Quarterback™ with playoff experience and a better passer rating than Peyton Manning!*

If I was another team's head coach, I would kill to have a player like that on our team! His window is closing fast, but a shrewd owner may be able to steal him from us for just a couple first round picks if they play their cards right.

I really don't want to see him go. #7 is the glue that holds our offense together. We're dead in the water without him. Don't trade him, Pioli! He's worth far too much to this team!

[*in 2010]

Setsuna
As others have said, this means nothing. If you're trying to sell a car, you talk it up. If you're trying to trade a quarterback, you talk him up. The Jets wouldn't want to trade for a QB when his own GM is saying he's hopeless.

Hey bro...everyone saw his abysmal 2011 season, you can't talk him up enough anymore. His trade window was gone when he was still the starter after 2010. Cut his ass and part ways with someone that has made fans nuts for years.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Packers
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty sure he meant Cassel hasn't beaten a winning team.

talastan
01-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Guys, guys, Cassel is a proven, battle-tested Pro Bowl Quarterback™ with playoff experience and a better passer rating than Peyton Manning!*

If I was another team's head coach, I would kill to have a player like that on our team! His window is closing fast, but a shrewd owner may be able to steal him from us for just a couple first round picks if they play their cards right.

I really don't want to see him go. #7 is the glue that holds our offense together. We're dead in the water without him. Don't trade him, Pioli! He's worth far too much to this team!

[*in 2010]

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/funny-pictures-cat-sees-what-you-did.jpg

ReynardMuldrake
01-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey bro...everyone saw his abysmal 2011 season, you can't talk him up enough anymore. His trade window was gone when he was still the starter after 2010. Cut his ass and part ways with someone that has made fans nuts for years.

Shhhh! They will hear you!

Are you kidding? Cassel has AWESOME trade value! He's the most critical part of the team!

The Bad Guy
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Packers
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel didn't beat the Packers.

FringeNC
01-11-2012, 12:26 PM

And also ask Pioli to comment on the fact that Cassel has the lowest yards per attempt of any QB in the NFL over the last 3 years with 1,000 attempts, and the second lowest completion percentage.

CoMoChief
01-11-2012, 12:30 PM
This isn't a GM that's going to draft a QB in the first rd. You can be assured on that. SP thinks he can pull another Brady out of his ass in the draft since he did it once.

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM

exactly how i see it.
( he traded for the POS, thats enough to fire his ass already.)

Chiefs Pantalones
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
This isn't a GM that's going to draft a QB in the first rd. You can be assured on that. SP thinks he can pull another Brady out of his ass in the draft since he did it once.

Yeah I'm tired of this "Patriot Way" crap.

There is no Patriot way. It's The Brady Way. He IS the Patriots success.

Cave Johnson
01-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Athan, FWIW, suggest yesterday Pioli was looking to trade Cassel.

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 12:35 PM

i wish him luck if thats true.

ChiefsandO'sfan

Now cassel will be back

Chocolate Hog

So they're actually working on a contract extension.

keg in kc
01-11-2012, 12:36 PM
GM doesn't throw currently signed quarterback under the bus in press conference shocker. More at 6.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 12:37 PM
Shhhh! They will hear you!

Are you kidding? Cassel has AWESOME trade value! He's the most critical part of the team!

:LOL::thumb:

-King-
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Cassel didn't beat the Packers.

Oh, I thought you meant Pioli.

Carry on.

BoneKrusher
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
GM doesn't throw currently signed quarterback under the bus in press conference shocker. More at 6.

i'd throw him under the bus and step on the Gas.

bevischief
01-11-2012, 12:42 PM

I just did a Google search on Matt Cassel and hate Matt Cassel. Neither search did a CP thread end up on the 1st or 2nd page. So maybe Pioli might get a draft pick for him...

58kcfan89
01-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Now cassel will be back

So they're actually working on a contract extension.

LMAO

My thoughts on this are that it's not surprising, but it's disappointing. I certainly don't expect Pioli to go on-air & start talking about how they have to improve at QB and that the starter isn't cutting it (though he seemed to have no problem doing it with the OL), but that doesn't mean he has to gush over that POS Cassel.

And I seriously doubt anyone's willing to give anything of value for Cassel. And I seriously doubt Pioli wants to trade Cassel (unless Brady's on the market). I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that Cassel's gunna be our QB next year (and I'll continue to refuse to spend a dime on this team until he's gone).

I feel like a growing percentage of the fanbase (even some of the true fans) are starting to turn on Cassel. Most of them saw that Orton is miles ahead of Cassel and I think most of them know that Orton's not much better than a league-average QB. Eventually, this leads to lower ticket sales & a hit to Clark's pocket. That's what gets Pioli on the hot seat.

The bad news with this is of course, we likely have to sit through another year or 2 of Cassel.

The good news is that Cassel will continue to suck and the fans will continue to give the team the middle finger and Pioli will either have to adjust or GTFO. At least I hope so. Fuck the Patriot Way (aka The Brady & Belichick Way).

Frosty
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Has anyone definitely said anything like "Matt Cassel is our QB going into 2012" or is all "We've won with Matt Cassel"? I sort of remember going into the 2010 season that Haley and Pioli both came out and said Cassel was definitely their QB.

I am not excited that Pioli is praising him but I am kind of encouraged that they haven't named him the starter or said anything at all about starting. It opens up some doubt (however small).

DaWolf
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Guys, remember when McDaniels told the world that he loved him some Jay Cutler, then tried to get rid of him a week later?

This is the NFL. Actions speak louder than words. Even if Pioli wants to replace Cassel, he's not going to say anything publicly outside of he loves him some Cassel...

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
We need to remember that Pioli also praised Haley and said that his job was not in jeapordy. We all know how that turned out.

Truth is no one is going to play their card at this point of the offseason. It would be stupid of Pioli to show no faith in ANY of his players right now w/o knowing whether or not he'll be in a position to replace said player.

For all we know, he could be eyeing Tannehill in the 1st right now. Remember when we weren't drafting Berry in '10 because he would never take a safety that high? Or when we were going with Pouncey instead of a WR when WR was CLEARLY a bigger need for the team?

Pioli does a pretty good job of not playing his hand.

So this interview = grain of salt.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM
We need to remember that Pioli also praised Haley and said that his job was not in jeapordy. We all know how that turned out.

Truth is no one is going to play their card at this point of the offseason. It would be stupid of Pioli to show no faith in ANY of his players right now w/o knowing whether or not he'll be in a position to replace said player.

For all we know, he could be eyeing Tannehill in the 1st right now. Remember when we weren't drafting Berry in '10 because he would never take a safety that high? Or when we were going with Pouncey instead of a WR when WR was CLEARLY a bigger need for the team?

Thanks for the ray of hope, man. Sometimes we need it.

Of course, if we go into next season with Cassel at QB, you're getting a massive rep bomb. :)

Chocolate Hog
01-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Guys, remember when McDaniels told the world that he loved him some Jay Cutler, then tried to get rid of him a week later?

This is the NFL. Actions speak louder than words. Even if Pioli wants to replace Cassel, he's not going to say anything publicly outside of he loves him some Cassel...

Totally different situation

the Talking Can
01-11-2012, 01:37 PM

that Berry myth is hilarious, and won't die...peter king, I think, was the only person who said Pioli wouldn't draft a safety

and he had no problem dogging our OL in the same interview, and he's called out most every position group at one point or another...but Cassel has never been criticized in even the most mild way..

Cassel is Pioli's baby...literally, and there is no reason currently to believe he won't be back

durtyrute
01-11-2012, 01:47 PM

Thank you for this post. Everyone is freakin the fuck out over nothing.

BossChief
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
My hope is this is the "vote of confidence" aka "kiss of death"

FringeNC
01-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Cassel is Pioli's baby...literally, and there is no reason currently to believe he won't be back

If I still lived in KC, I know I wouldn't renew season tickets if Cassel was the starter. Fuck that. Perhaps enough fans feel that way.

Count Zarth
01-11-2012, 02:03 PM
What a dumb, arrogant, egotistical motherfucker Scott Pioli is.

Roast in hell, Fat Scott. This town hates you more than Carl.

HemiEd
01-11-2012, 02:04 PM

Please, just this once, let Nick Athan be correct. 7th round pick in 2028 is just fine with me.

talastan
01-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Please, just this once, let Nick "Assclown" Athan be correct. 7th round pick in 2028 is just fine with me.

Hell someone throw in a six-pack of :BLVD: and some KC BBQ sauce....Maybe that will sweeten the deal enough?!

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Thank you for this post. Everyone is freakin the **** out over nothing.

The potential for Matt Cassel to continue as the start here is not "nothing".

the Talking Can
01-11-2012, 02:09 PM
if athan is right, gochiefs will stop sucking his balls, then start again so it feels like a new ball job...

Reerun_KC
01-11-2012, 02:11 PM
What a dumb, arrogant, egotistical mother****er Scott Pioli is.

Roast in hell, Fat Scott. This town hates you more than Carl.

Link or Proof?

Or are you just spitting man juice out of your cock holster again?

KCUnited
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure that after the interview was over, Fescoe apologized for the Matt Cassel question and let Pioli inseminate his bung.

Discuss Thrower
01-11-2012, 02:13 PM
I for one welcome a Mark Castle 6-10 2012 campaign.

the Talking Can
01-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that after the interview was over, Fescoe apologized for the Matt Cassel question and let Pioli inseminate his bung.

only after pioli back-handed him...

Detoxing
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM
that Berry myth is hilarious, and won't die...peter king, I think, was the only person who said Pioli wouldn't draft a safety

and he had no problem dogging our OL in the same interview, and he's called out most every position group at one point or another...but Cassel has never been criticized in even the most mild way..

The Berry thing was not a myth. There were endless discussions here and on a lot of Mock's that debated on whether or not #5 was too high for a Safety. It was widely believed that Berry would not be picked because of bad "positional value", and at the time, we all thought Pioli was a big "positional value" guy.

It'll never die because it's true.

Three7s
01-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Link or Proof?

Or are you just spitting man juice out of your cock holster again?
He's just talking about himself again.

Chiefnj2
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
The whole Berry thing came from King's conversation with Dimitroff. It wasn't directly from Pioli, but Dimitroff telling King what Pioli told him - "You know how I feel about safeties that early". Pioli could have been misleading Dimitroff, Dimitroff could have been misleading King for his old friend, nobody really knows.

Von Dumbass
01-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I REALLY hope his endorsement of Cassel is purely posturing for a potential trade.....:grovel: I highly doubt it will happen though. :(

LMAO

What team in the NFL would want to trade for Matt Cassel? A team would rather draft a QB than waste their time with Cassel.

Three7s
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
LMAO

What team in the NFL would want to trade for Matt Cassel? A team would rather draft a QB than waste their time with Cassel.
So you're telling me if McDaniels brought Cassel to Denver, you wouldn't be hyping him up as the greatest QB of all time?

Guru
01-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey, at least he only said Cassel is a good NFL QB. In the past he would have said great.

Guru
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
So you're telling me if McDaniels brought Cassel to Denver, you wouldn't be hyping him up as the greatest QB of all time?

Of course he would. He is a homer. His team does no wrong.

talastan
01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
LMAO

I'm still waiting for you to change that name to Tebow2724....When's it gonna happen? :p

durtyrute
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
The potential for Matt Cassel to continue as the start here is not "nothing".

It hasn't happened yet, why get mad now? It might not happen at all then you would've spent four months pissed off for nothing.

milkman
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
The Berry thing was not a myth. There were endless discussions here and on a lot of Mock's that debated on whether or not #5 was too high for a Safety. It was widely believed that Berry would not be picked because of bad "positional value", and at the time, we all thought Pioli was a big "positional value" guy.

Why would we think that Pioli was a big positional value guy when he just selected a 5 tech #3 overall in the first draft he was in full charge of?

Rooster
01-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Has anyone definitely said anything like "Matt Cassel is our QB going into 2012"

We don't even know if his surgery was worth a shit. With any luck he can't grip the ball and is out of football.

DeezNutz
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
With any luck he can't grip the ball and is out of football.

LMAO

Welcome to KC, Matt.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM

He's not going to give away what his draft plans are. Anything said today either has nothing to do with his plans or is a smokescreen.

RustShack
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Crennel wants Orton to be his QB.

Guru
01-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I would just as soon dump orton and cassel and get somebody else. No I have no idea who. there has got to be somebody better though.

RustShack
01-11-2012, 03:03 PM
I would just as soon dump orton and cassel and get somebody else. No I have no idea who. there has got to be somebody better though.

Yeah, if only it were that easy to find a good QB.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Well dont leave any stone unturned... No need to sit and eat a shit sandwich because you are too lazy to look elsewhere...

Orton and Cassel are garbage. Orton is just a shiner piece of ballsack than Cassel..

You wont win with them and niether are long term... Draft a qb and lets build a championship team...

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
LMAO

Charlie Whitehurst got moved for a trade up in the 2nd and 3rd rounder. Try and actually pay attention to what goes on in the league instead of downing orange and blue paint chips like a conehead.

RustShack
01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Well dont leave any stone unturned... No need to sit and eat a shit sandwich because you are too lazy to look elsewhere...

Orton and Cassel are garbage. Orton is just a shiner piece of ballsack than Cassel..

You wont win with them and niether are long term... Draft a qb and lets build a championship team...

Yeah. Reaching on a QB isn't going to build us a championship either. Just because we draft a QB in the first round doesn't mean they deserve to be a first round QB. Theres a pretty good chance Luck is getting drafted ten spots ahead of us, so our options are a little limited.

Also Orton isn't nearly as bad a people think. No hes not the best, but hes still a QB that can win us more games than Cassel.

Guru
01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I know. It sucks.

notorious
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
He is not going to dog a current player.

With that said, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah. Reaching on a QB isn't going to build us a championship either. Just because we draft a QB in the first round doesn't mean they deserve to be a first round QB. Theres a pretty good chance Luck is getting drafted ten spots ahead of us, so our options are a little limited.

Also Orton isn't nearly as bad a people think. No hes not the best, but hes still a QB that can win us more games than Cassel.

Oh boy! Sure setting our standards high...

Who said anything about reaching... People are in high panic mode here right now. There are 3-4 QB's in this years draft that can be better than Cassel and Orton...

Foles, Tannehill, Cousins and Moore... All are not a reach and all have the potential to be better than Cassel and Orton. The fact we are debating Cassel and Orton is truly saddening...

JFC...

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
LMAO i'm sure all you dipshits know how to run a NFL franchise better than a guy who has three superbowl rings.... Pardon me if I take his word over yours.

RustShack
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol. All of those Qb's would be a reach.

milkman
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Oh boy! Sure setting our standards high...

Who said anything about reaching... People are in high panic mode here right now. There are 3-4 QB's in this years draft that can be better than Cassel and Orton...

Foles, Tannehill, Cousins and Moore... All are not a reach and all have the potential to be better than Cassel and Orton. The fact we are debating Cassel and Orton is truly saddening...

JFC...

The problem is that there aren't many of us that think that we will be drafting Foles, Tannehill, Cousins, or Moore, so this sad debate is what we're left with.

milkman
01-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Lol. All of those Qb's would be a reach.

He isn't suggesting all of them are guys that would be selected in the first round.

Chris Meck
01-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Yeah. Reaching on a QB isn't going to build us a championship either. Just because we draft a QB in the first round doesn't mean they deserve to be a first round QB.

THIS, THIS!, A thousand times, THIS!

Three7s
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
LMAO i'm sure all you dipshits know how to run a NFL franchise better than a guy who has three superbowl rings.... Pardon me if I take his word over yours.
Pretty sure Pioli was just provided a grocery list by that Belichick guy.

milkman
01-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Pretty sure Pioli was just provided a grocery list by that Belichick guy.

He wasn't even given a grocery list.

He was just in the store checking for value.

Bellichick did the shopping.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 04:18 PM
LMAO

You have the worst QB in the league on your team, maybe you should STFU.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 04:25 PM
People are in high panic mode here right now.

People are idiots. There is no reason to get your panties in a twist every time Pioli says something.

I swear, this place has more drama queens than any other forum I've ever been on.

Fruit Ninja
01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
You have the worst QB in the league on your team, maybe you should STFU.

Yet, his qb stepped up against a big team and threw for 300 yards and won. Do you remember what a play off win feels like? i sure dont unless you count NBA play offs. haha

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
People are idiots. There is no reason to get your panties in a twist every time Pioli says something.

I swear, this place has more drama queens than any other forum I've ever been on.

Yeah, because the team we root for has been so highly successful. We're just bitching to bitch, we don't really have any reason.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Yet, his qb stepped up against a big team and threw for 300 yards and won. Do you remember what a play off win feels like? i sure dont unless you count NBA play offs. haha

Do you really think Tebow is going to be a long term solution for them? Let's see how he does against NE.

htismaqe
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM
It hasn't happened yet, why get mad now? It might not happen at all then you would've spent four months pissed off for nothing.

I've spent nearly 30 years being pissed off at this team more often than not, what's 4 more months?

rico
01-11-2012, 05:22 PM
What drives me nuts is the Romeo Crennel presser. When Crennel was asked about Cassel, Pioli got this clueless deer in the headlights expression on his face as if he were thinking, "why would someone be questioning the talent/capability of Matt Cassel???"

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Harry: the perception around town is that you are married to Matt Cassel. is that the case.

Pioli: absolutely not. I do think he is a good QB though but I am not tied to any player and am constantly evaluating other options and how they compare to what we have.

Harry: Would you consider trading up in the draft for a QB.

Pioli: Depends on the cost.

Harry: What about multiple 1st round picks

Pioli: I can't envision myself doing that

Harry: What about offensive coordinator

Pioli: I will contribute to the thought process but it will be Romeos decision on who he wants to hire for his coaching staff

Pioli added I know it's not easy but if fans will just have patience with us I think they will be very happy. I'm here for the long haul and not looking for any quick fixes.

Jack Harry did an interview with Scott Pioli

beach tribe
01-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I really can't believe that people expect a GM to come out and bash any player currently under contract no matter what he thinks of him.
Mind Bottling.

rico
01-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Pioli added I know it's not easy but if fans will just have patience with us I think they will be very happy. I'm here for the long haul and not looking for any quick fixes.

Well, our elite players aren't exactly getting any younger.... I wonder what kind of fixes this prag plans on making that will; a.) make us happy and b.) not be quick.

GloryDayz
01-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Good, with the extra money I'll be saving on tix it looks like I'll be getting pipes for the truck!

Mr_Tomahawk
01-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Harry: the perception around town is that you are married to Matt Cassel. is that the case.

Pioli: absolutely not. I do think he is a good QB though but I am not tied to any player and am constantly evaluating other options and how they compare to what we have.

Pioli: I will contribute to the thought process but it will be Romeos decision on who he wants to hire for his coaching staff

This is the first time I have heard a media-outlet express the fans thoughts regarding the Cassel/Pioli marriage. So that's a plus...

beach tribe
01-11-2012, 05:41 PM
:facepalm: Brilliant i'd throw him under the bus and step on the Gas.
And by brilliant, I mean stupid.

rico
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM
This is the first time I have heard a media-outlet express the fans thoughts regarding the Cassel/Pioli marriage. So that's a plus...

This.... at least now we know Pioli has been made aware (or was at least attempted to be made aware) of the fans' perception of his relationship with Cassel.

notorious
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Pioli got this clueless deer in the headlights expression on his face as if he were thinking, "why would someone be questioning the talent/capability of Matt Cassel???"

Desire to kill.......rising.....

-King-
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Whoa. Jack Harry is useful for once.

mdchiefsfan
01-11-2012, 06:00 PM

I believe he was discussing the pick after he made it saying something along the lines that the nfl was changing. A safety in todays nfl is much more valuable with the increase in qb performance. With that said, we can only hope he continues to adjust his strategy for todays nfl.

Psyko Tek
01-11-2012, 06:12 PM

I would trade cassel for the last trade in the draft

the last one worked out okay for us

and pick a QB
and start him day one

and he would be better

Bewbies
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I would trade a team our picks to take Cassel.

el borracho
01-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Mallet.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I really can't believe that people expect a GM to come out and bash any player currently under contract no matter what he thinks of him.
Mind Bottling.

Hey douche....the GM didn't have to bash him like we do, all he could have said was, "We will be reevaluating the QB position this off season." Instead he pretty much said. "I'm going down with the craptastic ship named Matt Cassel." There are many other ways he could have not rode Cassel's dick to let the fanbase know there is some hope, and not a rerun. He didn't. He was content to ride it until it falls off.

Chocolate Hog
01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey douche....the GM didn't have to bash him like we do, all he could have said was, "We will be reevaluating the QB position this off season." Instead he pretty much said. "I'm going down with the craptastic ship named Matt Cassel." There are many other ways he could have not rode Cassel's dick to let the fanbase know there is some hope, and not a rerun. He didn't. He was content to ride it until it falls off.

Go away.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Instead of Pioli hiding behind a smoke and mirrors 27 TD passes in 2010, I hope someone can ask him what he based on why he's a good QB when he's never beaten a winning team as a member of the Chiefs.

tredadda
01-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Pioli is not going to throw Cassel under the bus. That said there needs to be a public poll for Chiefs fans regarding how they feel about Cassel. Something like "Do you want Cassel to return as QB in 2012? Yes or No." It needs to be in the star and all over the internets to the point where Clark can't miss it.

Or it could say "Will you spend money on the Chiefs in 2012 if Casel is the QB? Yes or NO."

Prolly wouldn't matter but it still needs to be done.

What we really need to do is submit a petition to one of these reporters so they can ask Pioli in front of Clark the question (or at least some variation of) "Are you willing to stick with Cassel even though the fanbase and the ones who fill the seats does not want him nor do they believe in him?"

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Instead of Pioli hiding behind a smoke and mirrors 27 TD passes in 2010, I hope someone can ask him what he based on why he's a good QB when he's never beaten a winning team as a member of the Chiefs.

This is what I'd like someone to ask him.

"How do you describe Matt as being a good QB, when in fact, while in KC, he hasn't beaten a playoff team?"

I don't get how a guy who seemingly is a good football mind, can't see the forrest for the trees when it comes to qbs.

notorious
01-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Whitlock was right all along........

-King-
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
This thread is hilarious :)
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM

Bad Guy, have you heard anything from the inside lately?

splatbass
01-11-2012, 08:19 PM

I guess you missed this post:

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
If that quote is true, then Orton should be signed and Cassel released. Otherwise it was a lie.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-11-2012, 08:20 PM
I wish the media would express more displeasure with Cassel when interviewing Pioli...

splatbass
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
If that quote is true, then Orton should be signed and Cassel released. Otherwise it was a lie.

Couldn't he sign Orton and keep Cassel? If he does that, where is the lie?

I swear, some of you fail logic.

BigRock
01-11-2012, 08:30 PM
When Pioli is taking questions from these talking heads, can someone please ask him why (Cassel) hasn't won a single game against a winning team since he's been in KC?

Geebus, is that true?

No.

If "winning team" refers to their record when the game was played, Cassel beat the 4-2 Raiders and 4-2 Chargers this year alone.

If "winning team" refers to their record at the end of the season, he beat the Chargers last year and the Steelers in '09, both finishing 9-7.

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
splat the quote was.

So compare Orton to Cassel. Did he not show that he was better than what we have? Therefor if he keeps Cassel and doesn't keep or sign Orton, isn't that a lie?

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Replace winning team with Playoff team.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
splat the quote was.

So compare Orton to Cassel. Did he not show that he was better than what we have? Therefor if he keeps Cassel and doesn't keep or sign Orton, isn't that a lie?

Depends on a lot of things. Maybe he drafts a QB to start. Maybe Orton chooses to sign somewhere else. Maybe he thinks Stanzi will be better than Orton. It doesn't automatically make him a liar if he keeps Cassel and Orton leaves.

You really aren't good at this logic stuff, are you?

And let's not forget that NOT ONE OF US KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN. Why get your panties in a twist when you have no idea who the starting QB is going to be next year? You are just guessing, then assuming your guess is correct.

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Depends on a lot of things. Maybe he drafts a QB to start. Maybe Orton chooses to sign somewhere else. Maybe he thinks Stanzi will be better than Orton. It doesn't automatically make him a liar if he keeps Cassel and Orton leaves.

You really aren't good at this logic stuff, are you?

If it comes down to making a choice between Cassel and Orton, Orton actually being willing to sign here, and he goes with Cassel than that quote was bullshit.

Orton is clearly better than Cassel.

Understand?

Lonewolf Ed
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm sure he hardly said anything, but did he really say that about Cassel? I can't believe he is hitching his entire career and reputation on that POS, I'm starting to believe all the chatter about his ridiculous ego. How else could he possibly still want to go with Cassel???

To me, getting fired in disgrace would be far worse for my ego than admitting I was wrong about a quarterback.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
If it comes down to making a choice between Cassel and Orton, Orton actually being willing to sign here, and he goes with Cassel than that quote was bullshit.

Orton is clearly better than Cassel.

Understand?

I understand that you don't know shit about what Pioli will do.

Setsuna
01-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I guess you missed this post:

That bitch lied through his teeth. He's evaluating all positions but QB.

O.city
01-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I understand that you don't know shit about what Pioli will do.

I don't I know.

I never said I did.

Keep holding on to the thought that we will bring in someone to play quarterback next year. Get ready for Matt Cassel.

Guru
01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
I wish the media would express more displeasure with Cassel when interviewing Pioli...

You mean the probowl QB that threw 27 TDs to 7 INTs in 2010?

splatbass
01-11-2012, 09:16 PM
That bitch lied through his teeth. He's evaluating all positions but QB.

And you know this how?

Really, this is stupid. You don't know what Pioli will is doing or will do, none of us do.

RustShack
01-11-2012, 09:33 PM
I know Cassel will be back next year. But I'm pretty confident since Crennel has openly said that Orton deserves a shot next year, he said he probably wouldn't have the job now if it weren't for Orton, and that players have openly said we need to upgrade at QB since Haley got fired that Pioli will try to resign Orton.

Chief Roundup
01-11-2012, 09:36 PM
I know Cassel will be back next year. But I'm pretty confident since Crennel has openly said that Orton deserves a shot next year, he said he probably wouldn't have the job now if it weren't for Orton, and that players have openly said we need to upgrade at QB since Haley got fired that Pioli will try to resign Orton.

What players have openly said anything about needing an upgrade at QB?

RustShack
01-11-2012, 09:43 PM
What players have openly said anything about needing an upgrade at QB?

Off the top of my head I remember Hali saying something there after Haley was fired. Didn't say a name might of been talking about Palko, but it sounded like he was talking about the whole season. He wasn't the only person.. I'm sure I read that article here too.

NJChiefsFan
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
I really get more pissed at the media than Pioli. That second interview that was posted, you almost got a little answer from Scott since a real question was actually asked. Reality is Pioli isn't going to give anything up. That doesn't mean the media shouldn't attack this team with questions.

Its amazing. Doesn't the KC media realize that the first person to go nuts and attack the organization with questions about Cassel will gain a ton of views/listeners/readers.

Who does 810 at like 6 pm? Listening online last night the guy seemed to imply he doesn't like Cassel either. He interviewed Crennel last night.

There certainly is a lot more chatter about Cassel from the media now than mid-season, and atleast the FO is forced to answer questions about it. Who knows what they do. Reason I get a little freaked out is because of how good I think this team can be. I just don't want to waste it.

philfree
01-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Our GM should act like the Jets players and HC? :clap:

BossChief
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
One thing I can say with absolute certainty.

When Jack Harry has gotten one on one interviews with Pioli in the past, he is THE ONLY ONE that has asked him the right questions.

He did a fairly long interview with Pioli before the 2010 draft and Jack Harry asked him a lot of really really good questions and Pioli basically laid out his whole draft strategy for Jack.

Everybody here blew it off at the time.

He said he was gonna draft "leaders" and "playmakers" and that's exactly what he went out and did.

I know Jack catches a lot of shit on here and deservedly so, but he has given us the best window into Piolis mind there is out there.

Can someone throw up a link to the interview plz.

BossChief
01-11-2012, 10:10 PM

I still can't believe he got Pioli to say that.

He even got him to give details on if he would trade up for a quarterback.

A quarterback, Jerry.

A quarterback.

It's a good start.

Off the top of my head I remember Hali saying something there after Haley was fired. Didn't say a name might of been talking about Palko, but it sounded like he was talking about the whole season. He wasn't the only person.. I'm sure I read that article here too.

SPchief
01-11-2012, 10:10 PM
You mean the probowl QB that threw 27 TDs to 7 INTs in 2010?

Jesus, tee that up a little higher

Guru
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Jesus, tee that up a little higher

LMAO

Urc Burry
01-11-2012, 10:23 PM
One thing I can say with absolute certainty.

When Jack Harry has gotten one on one interviews with Pioli in the past, he is THE ONLY ONE that has asked him the right questions.

He did a fairly long interview with Pioli before the 2010 draft and Jack Harry asked him a lot of really really good questions and Pioli basically laid out his whole draft strategy for Jack.

Everybody here blew it off at the time.

He said he was gonna draft "leaders" and "playmakers" and that's exactly what he went out and did.

I know Jack catches a lot of shit on here and deservedly so, but he has given us the best window into Piolis mind there is out there.

Can someone throw up a link to the interview plz.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/football/chiefs/pioli-answers-questions-on-new-coach-qb-futures-and-how-he-has-done-so-far

Matt Cassel segment is part 2

SPchief
01-11-2012, 10:25 PM
LMAO

I'm actually shocked no one bit on it.

Guru
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm actually shocked no one bit on it.

Thats because every one knows me too well on here.

SPchief
01-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Thats because every one knows me too well on here.

True, but I thought certainly that some n00b might bite

Guru
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
True, but I thought certainly that some n00b might bite

I really thought LA might jump on the opportunity to take it further.

tk13
01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Next season will be in an even numbered year. That's what everyone keeps forgetting. Since Cassel became a starter:

Even numbered years: 6809 yds, 48 TD/18 INT
Odd numbered years: 4637 yds, 26 TD/25 INT

Guru
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Next season will be in an even numbered year. That's what everyone keeps forgetting. Since Cassel became a starter:

Even numbered years: 6809 yds, 48 TD/18 INT
Odd numbered years: 4637 yds, 26 TD/25 INT

oddly enough we keep playing a last place schedule in even numbered years.

Tribal Warfare
01-11-2012, 10:45 PM
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/sports/football/chiefs/pioli-answers-questions-on-new-coach-qb-futures-and-how-he-has-done-so-far

Matt Cassel segment is part 2

:LOL:

@ Pioli being dismissive concerning trading multiple #1's or a possible franchise QB and calling it a quick fix.

jd1020
01-11-2012, 10:46 PM
oddly enough we keep playing a last place schedule in even numbered years.

Oddly enough that wont be the case next year.

And I'm absolutely SHOCKED that Pioli is standing behind Cassel for at least one more year... SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

BossChief
01-11-2012, 11:15 PM

And I'm absolutely SHOCKED that Pioli is standing behind Cassel for at least one more year... SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said he isn't married to Cassel.

If Cassel plays poorly this year, he is gone.

That is, if he is still in KC this year.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 11:25 PM

It is amazing how so many people either can't read, or just see what they want to see. Pioli has not said he is standing behind Cassel for at least one more year. He specifically said he isn't married to Cassel.

Please show me where he or anyone else with the Chiefs FO has ever said that Cassel will be the starting QB next year. From reading everything in this thread from him he said:

1. He thinks Cassel is a good QB.

2. He isn't married to Cassel or any other player.

I think it is notable that the one thing he hasn't said is that Cassel will be the starter next year. It is notable for its absence from his statements.

Guru
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I seem to remember something from another thread where Pioli did say he still felt attached to Cassel. I have no idea what thread that was in though.

Kyle DeLexus
01-11-2012, 11:45 PM

Steelers in '09?

jd1020
01-11-2012, 11:49 PM
It is amazing how so many people either can't read, or just see what they want to see. Pioli has not said he is standing behind Cassel for at least one more year. He specifically said he isn't married to Cassel.

Please show me where he or anyone else with the Chiefs FO has ever said that Cassel will be the starting QB next year. From reading everything in this thread from him he said:

1. He thinks Cassel is a good QB.

2. He isn't married to Cassel or any other player.

I think it is notable that the one thing he hasn't said is that Cassel will be the starter next year. It is notable for its absence from his statements.

Read between the lines...

"We have 2 QB's under contract." - Cassel and Stanzi.

"I think Cassel a good starting QB." - Sup Cassel, welcome back.

"Orton played good but he's an UFA." - Bye Orton.

"Tyler Palko is a RFA." - I heard Arizona and NYJ were looking at Haley and both teams might need someone to backup their mediocre starting QB's. - Bye Palko, thanks for keeping us out of the playoffs!

"I think it's best to build through the draft but I don't like the idea of trading multiple number 1's for any 1 person. I also don't think its a good idea to throw large sums of money at FA's. It's been proven time and time again that spending money is not the answer." - Bye Luck and RG3, although we never even got close enough to say hi. Hello Ryan ****ing Lindley.

splatbass
01-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Read between the lines...

"We have 2 QB's under contract." - Cassel and Stanzi.

"I think Cassel a good starting QB." - Sup Cassel, welcome back.

"Orton played good but he's an UFA." - Bye Orton.

"Tyler Palko is a RFA." - I heard Arizona and NYJ were looking at Haley and both teams might need someone to backup their mediocre starting QB's. - Bye Palko, thanks for keeping us out of the playoffs!

"I think it's best to build through the draft but I don't like the idea of trading multiple number 1's for any 1 person. I also don't think its a good idea to throw large sums of money at FA's. It's been proven time and time again that spending money is not the answer." - Bye Luck and RG3, although we never even got close enough to say hi. Hello Ryan ****ing Lindley.

When you read between the lines you read what you want to read, what your preconceived notions expect it to say. Try being a little objective instead.

I'll wait to see what happens before I decide something is true based on no evidence at all. You can remain cynical - and miserable. Continue wallowing in your self-made misery if you want.

-King-
01-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Yep. People are just hearing what they want to hear.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:03 AM
That motherfucker better get some real competition in here at QB.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Watch.

They'll hire Jackson then bring in Campbell to compete with Cassel.

Bowser
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
That motherfucker better get some real competition in here at QB.

I said it here, or somewhere-

Cassel may have gotten comfortable in thinking he was the man, and his job was safe. Maybe competition will bring out a better side of him we haven't seen yet? (praying for anything at this point)

jd1020
01-12-2012, 12:07 AM
When you read between the lines you read what you want to read, what your preconceived notions expect it to say. Try being a little objective instead.

I'll wait to see what happens before I decide something is true based on no evidence at all. You can remain cynical - and miserable. Continue wallowing in your self-made misery if you want.

I'll "wallow in self-made misery" while you commit suicide when Cassel starts opening day 2012.

splatbass
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
I'll "wallow in self-made misery" while you commit suicide when Cassel starts opening day 2012.

We'll see on opening day. Until then I'm not going to stress about it. People here get worked up over the littlest things, then fuel each others fears until the whole place is feeling bad. I refuse to be a part of this pity party.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 12:41 AM

Yeah.
That's exactly what he said.
What a dumfuq.

DrunkBassGuitar
01-12-2012, 12:49 AM

hey whats up splatbass

RustShack
01-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Whats he supposed to say? Kyle Orton who isn't under contract is better than our QB's under contract? That would go over pretty well if Orton were to go to say like Chicago or somewhere else like he wanted to in the first place again.

Guru
01-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Whats he supposed to say? Kyle Orton who isn't under contract is better than our QB's under contract? That would go over pretty well if Orton were to go to say like Chicago or somewhere else like he wanted to in the first place again.

ONe thing here, why does he have a hard on for Chicago? Cutler is the starter there. Last I heard, Orton wants to go somewhere he will be the starter.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 12:57 AM
ONe thing here, why does he have a hard on for Chicago? Cutler is the starter there. Last I heard, Orton wants to go somewhere he will be the starter.

He asked to be released when Cutler got hurt. That's why he wanted to go there in the first place.

But it could also depend on the draft and free agency. He might feel there's a team with a worse starting QB than Cassel, who knows.

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Steelers in '09?

Steelers didnt make the playoffs that year.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 01:02 AM

There is the matter of the second issue. That being actually replacing Cassel with a QB who will do what he needs to do. The concern isn't just getting rid of Cassel, its Pioli actually making a strong move to replace him.

Maybe you are right. I sure would like nothing else. There have been subtle things to give me slim hope, but its hard to go without worrying about it.

Kyle DeLexus
01-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Steelers didnt make the playoffs that year.

He said winning team, not playoff team.

RustShack
01-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Pioli drafting Stanzi last year who's supposed to the the second coming of Brady could be a sign hes ready to groom someone to replace Cassel in a year or two.

splatbass
01-12-2012, 01:07 AM
hey whats up splatbass

Hey, how's it going? Get lost on your way to the other forum? :)

HoneyBadger
01-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Pioli drafting Stanzi last year who's supposed to the the second coming of Brady could be a sign hes ready to groom someone to replace Cassel in a year or two.

Can we just jump ahead to a year or two from now?

Von Dumbass
01-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Charlie Whitehurst got moved for a trade up in the 2nd and 3rd rounder. Try and actually pay attention to what goes on in the league instead of downing orange and blue paint chips like a conehead.

Charlie Whitehurst was an unknown commodity who the Seahawks felt had some upside. Same thing for Kevin Kolb and some team is probably going to try to make a run at Matt Flynn.

Matt Cassel was one of those guys who people thought had some upside, unfortunately for Chiefs fans he didn't turn out to have any upside but Pioli still thinks he does.

Deberg_1990
01-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Charlie Whitehurst was an unknown commodity who the Seahawks felt had some upside. Same thing for Kevin Kolb and some team is probably going to try to make a run at Matt Flynn.

Matt Cassel was one of those guys who people thought had some upside, unfortunately for Chiefs fans he didn't turn out to have any upside but Pioli still thinks he does.

Im not a Cassel fan, but he did get us to the playoffs last season. He does hold some value. Hes not complete garbage like some fans think, but hes nothing special either.

Frosty
01-12-2012, 07:55 AM
Replace winning team with Playoff team.

Well, technically, Cassel has beat a play-off team, though it was the unimpressive Seattle Seahawks who won their division at 7-9 in '10. Seattle did win a play-off game, though.

tredadda
01-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Im not a Cassel fan, but he did get us to the playoffs last season. He does hold some value. Hes not complete garbage like some fans think, but hes nothing special either.

Actually our top notch run game and insanely easy schedule had as much if not more to do with us being in the playoffs than Cassel. He posted sweet numbers in the blowout loss to Denver and against the worst pass defenses in football. He plays great against crap teams. Sadly though there are none of them in the playoffs. I do agree that he is not complete garbage, but he is also not starter material.

Easy 6
01-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Nothing short of a full-on fan mutiny is going to make this guy see the light.

I can only hope his words on Cassel are just posturing, if not... **** YOU SCOTT PIOLI.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Watch.

They'll hire Jackson then bring in Campbell to compete with Cassel.

How sad is it to think "Campbell would win the job going away"?

tredadda
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Nothing short of a full-on fan mutiny is going to make this guy see the light.

I can only hope his words on Cassel are just posturing, if not... **** YOU SCOTT PIOLI.

It won't happen and the front office knows it won't. They will pass on stud QBs this year and trot out Cassel as if he was going to lead us anywhere. The fans will still fill the stadium in their red and gold and cheer on the team to win each and every week. They will be content with little victories even if it costs us in the long run (see the reaction of some after the Indy, Minn, Chi etc wins). They will hope for the playoffs even when our QB is incapable of winning any games, and the cycle will continue ad naseum year after year. That is the way it always has been, and sadly probably will be for the forseeable future.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Watching and listening to the Jack Harry Interview. I noticed in the first segment that Pioli said he is a strong believer in letting a HC name and put together his own staff.

The Bad Guy
01-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Steelers in '09?

Steelers did not have a winning record that year.

jd1020
01-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Steelers did not have a winning record that year.

9-7?

Agent V
01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
How do we go about protesting this?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 08:31 AM
It won't happen and the front office knows it won't. They will pass on stud QBs this year and trot out Cassel as if he was going to lead us anywhere. The fans will still fill the stadium in their red and gold and cheer on the team to win each and every week. They will be content with little victories even if it costs us in the long run (see the reaction of some after the Indy, Minn, Chi etc wins). They will hope for the playoffs even when our QB is incapable of winning any games, and the cycle will continue ad naseum year after year. That is the way it always has been, and sadly probably will be for the forseeable future.

That's why I'm scared to death of drafting Richardson.

Not only would your scenario hold true for next year but for the year after, and the year after, and the year after, and so on.

The Bad Guy
01-12-2012, 08:32 AM
9-7?

Yeah, that's right. I thought they were 8-8.

Regardless the point still stands.

jd1020
01-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah, that's right. I thought they were 8-8.

Regardless the point still stands.

Not really. The point was he hadn't beaten a winning team. He has. Then it was he hasn't beaten a playoff team. He has. If the point were he's a bottom of the barrel shit starting NFL QB then the point would still stand.

The Bad Guy
01-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Not really. The point was he hadn't beaten a winning team. He has. Then it was he hasn't beaten a playoff team. He has. If the point were he's a bottom of the barrel shit starting NFL QB then the point would still stand.

More semantics.

Yes, he's beaten one 9-7 team that didn't make the playoffs, and another 7-9 team that did.

Happy now?

He hasn't had a quality win against a quality opponent in 3 years here.

jd1020
01-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Happy now?

Since he's likely to be the starting QB in 2012 with minimal competition... No.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 08:49 AM
In the 2cd segment he said Matt was a good QB. He went on to say that a QB has to be a least good to win a SB. Said that there have been good and great QB's that have won SB's. But that you have to have at least a good QB. Seems like he thinks Matt is at the bottum end of QB's that could win a SB to me.

Chief Roundup
01-12-2012, 08:52 AM

So you think that RG3 will fall to 11/12 pick? Do you think we would pass on him if he is there?
That is the only way we would pass on a "stud" QB this season.

Easy 6
01-12-2012, 01:33 PM

My gut believes this to be true, my heart refuses to even consider it.

ChiefsCountry
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
More semantics.

Yes, he's beaten one 9-7 team that didn't make the playoffs, and another 7-9 team that did.

Happy now?

He hasn't had a quality win against a quality opponent in 3 years here.

Here is the list of winning and playoff teams Cassel has beaten since 2008:

Miami in 2008 (Complete fraud team 11-5)
Arizona in 2008 (They did go to the Super Bowl but 9-7)
Pittsburgh in 2009 (Didn't make the playoffs 9-7)
Seattle in 2010 (7-9 NFC West Champs)

Yet Pioli thinks this is the guy to take us to the promise land. :banghead: