PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF with some love for Brandon Carr

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:08 PM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

Carr showed up in two of their charts for grading the top corners.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2jcgbqt.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/28qvwg7.jpg

Simplicity
01-12-2012, 02:09 PM
No Flowers?

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
He'll be on Nick Wrights show at 5. He should be our #1 priority.

Pestilence
No Flowers? You cannot tell me Carr is better then Flowers...

Carr gets thrown at a lot more because Flowers is so good.

lewdog
No Flowers?

Did you not see how many times Flowers got burned early in the year?

Von Dumbass
I hope he comes to Denver next year.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Didn't Ike Taylor suck Demarius Thomas dick last game? And Cromartie sucks. Just another reason why PFF is pointless.

Simplicity
AND Carr never got burned?

Douche Baggins
No Flowers?

Flowers' early season woes are keeping him off the top 10. He got roasted badly early.

He finished 20th and 44th in these categories. 20th isn't bad, but 44th is way down the list, and that happens when you give up a bunch of TD.

durtyrute
01-12-2012, 02:12 PM
http://sf.curbed.com/uploads/YouPAY.png

Douche Baggins
Didn't Ike Taylor suck Demarius Thomas dick last game? And Cromartie sucks. Just another reason why PFF is pointless.

:facepalm:

Way to read too much into one game.

Ike Taylor had a bad game, he's not a bad corner.

Mr. Flopnuts
Kneejerkplanet.

Munson
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna go apeshit if we let Carr hit the free agency market. Re-sign his ass right now, Pioli!

loochy
01-12-2012, 02:13 PM

He got burned a couple of times, but he's no Dexter McCleon.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
He got burned a couple of times, but he's no Dexter McCleon.

He got burned a LOT.

He gave up 8 TDs on the year and probably 7 of those were in the first month.

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Flowers' early season woes are keeping him off the top 10. He got roasted badly early.

He finished 20th and 44th in these categories. 20th isn't bad, but 44th is way down the list, and that happens when you give up a bunch of TD.

Carr is better than Flowers, it's that simple.

Kevin Harlan said at the beginning of the season that the Bills offensive players to a man said "it's not Flowers, it's Carr" when he asked them about facing Flowers.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Carr is better than Flowers, it's that simple.

Kevin Harlan said at the beginning of the season that the Bills offensive players to a man said "it's not Flowers, it's Carr" when he asked them about facing Flowers.

I think there's not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Flowers is better at run defense, and better at covering quick-twitch guys on stuff like slants and short routes.

Carr is better at defending the long ball because he's faster and bigger.

lewdog
01-12-2012, 02:17 PM
AND Carr never got burned?

Please see Omega's posts to clear up your confusion and backup my statement. Thanks.

Chocolate Hog
:facepalm:

Way to read too much into one game.

Ike Taylor had a bad game, he's not a bad corner.

He's not bad but he isn't as good as Flowers. PFF is bullshit and way to avoid defending Cromartie.

Demonpenz
carr gets reved up for the offseason

Von Dumbass
I'm gonna go apeshit if we let Carr hit the free agency market. Re-sign his ass right now, Pioli!

I'm telling you, Denver would LOVE to have a good young corner opposite of Champ and will look hard and long at Brandon Carr. Having two good corners would give VONDOOM that extra half of a second to get to the QB.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
He's not bad but he isn't as good as Flowers. PFF is bullshit and way to avoid defending Cromartie.

Since you don't even understand how any of these ratings work, you should probably shut up. No one cares about your opinion of PFF.

suds79
01-12-2012, 02:19 PM
No Flowers?

I'm not convinced that Flowers is better than Carr. They're pretty equal in my eyes.

Certainly Carr had the better year IMO.

durtyrute
01-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I think Flowers maxed out two years ago. Carr seems like he is still getting better.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Since you don't even understand how any of these ratings work, you should probably shut up. No one cares about your opinion of PFF.

You think the NFL would like to know about Red Cinemas illegal use of their videos? They're about to find out. See you're not the only one who can be a pompeous prick. Now enjoy.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Romeo will not let Pioli not re-sign him.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:27 PM
You think the NFL would like to know about Red Cinemas illegal use of their videos? They're about to find out. See you're not the only one who can be a pompeous prick. Now enjoy.

LMAO

You're awfully butthurt over being called out on your ignorance.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Pioli really really screwed the pooch by not getting this guy re-signed before Flowers.

Excess value - gone.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:30 PM
LMAO

You're awfully butthurt over being called out on your ignorance.

No butthurt or ignorance here I was simply pointing out PFF is a sham and your avoidance of arguing that Cromartie & Taylor aren't better than Flowers proves my point.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
No butthurt or ignorance here I was simply pointing out PFF is a shame and your avoidance of arguing that Cromartie & Taylor aren't better than Flowers proves my point.

PFF is a "shame?"

The word you're looking for is "sham," doofus.

Nothing YOU say can prove that PFF is a sham.

The fact is, you watched Ike Taylor have a bad playoff game and now you think he's terrible. Typical billay. Do you want me to dig up your posts talking shit on Brandon Carr? You used to think he sucked.

Ignorant fans like you are the reason PFF is making money hand over fist and being used by over 25 percent of NFL teams.

And you are incredibly butthurt right now, dumping an empty threat like that on me. LMAO

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I think there's not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Flowers is better at run defense, and better at covering quick-twitch guys on stuff like slants and short routes.

Carr is better at defending the long ball because he's faster and bigger.

When Flowers gets beat, it's often because he's just a little bit too small and just a little bit too slow. As a consequence, he's often damn near where he needs to be, just not quite there as Andre Johnson reaches over top of him for a TD.

So when Flowers gets beat, it doesn't look all that egregious, but it's still getting beat.

Carr, OTOH, has far greater physical tools than Flowers so when he gets beat, it's not that a ball is just out of his reach, it's that he got lost in coverage or something. As a consequence, when he gets beat he looks awful.

I'd say Carr actually gets beat less often than Flowers. Carr also has more upside than Flowers due to his size, speed and overall athleticism. But when Carr gets beat he look lousy doing it so he doesn't get the rep of Flowers.

Carr may not be better than Flowers (though I think he is in coverage), but he's easily just as good.

Chiefnj2
01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
To highlight how odd some of PFF's grades are, here is the final grade of 3 players who are free agents:

Gregg +2.2
Carr +2.7
Wiegman +4.5

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 02:36 PM
PFF is a "shame?"

The fact is, you watched Ike Taylor have a bad playoff game and now you think he's terrible. Typical billay. Do you want me to dig up your posts talking shit on Brandon Carr? You used to think he sucked.

Ignorant fans like you are the reason PFF is making money hand over fist and being used by over 25 percent of NFL teams.

And you are incredibly butthurt right now, dumping an empty threat like that on me. LMAO

He is pretty much the dumbest person on this board. Did he just threaten to tell the NFL on you? Hahahahahaha.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Oh and billay, here's a PS for you:

Ike Taylor was actually rated BELOW Brandon Flowers on their overall cornerback list. In fact, he was also rated below Carr, and Flowers was ranked 5th overall.

But you see two statistical categories and you fly off a handle.

Might want to do a little research first.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/files/u12/caveman.jpg

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
PFF is a "shame?"

Where did I say Ike Taylor was terrible at? Yup in 2009 I said Carr wasn't that good that was almost 3 years ago.

Anyway keep talking shit this is going to be hilarious.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh and billay, here's a PS for you:

Ike Taylor was actually rated BELOW Brandon Flowers on their overall cornerback list. In fact, he was also rated below Carr, and Flowers was ranked 5th overall.

But you see two statistical categories and you fly off a handle.

Might want to do a little research first.

Are those lists under the 'premium statistics' tabs? I can never find their overall rankings and breakdowns by player.

QuikSsurfer
01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
He got burned a LOT.

He gave up 8 TDs on the year and probably 7 of those were in the first month.

3 of them were to Calvin Johnson, no?

htismaqe

Forget PFF. NFL players say Carr is better.

Douche Baggins
To highlight how odd some of PFF's grades are, here is the final grade of 3 players who are free agents:

Gregg +2.2
Carr +2.7
Wiegman +4.5

There's nothing odd about any of those.

You can't compare players at different positions.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Where did I say Ike Taylor was terrible at? Yup in 2009 I said Carr wasn't that good that was almost 3 years ago.

Anyway keep talking shit this is going to be hilarious.

Why? You haven't made any sort of defense of yourself yet.

Mostly it's hilarious in the same way that watching retards fight is. Except in this case one of the retards was given a sharp rock where the other is just standing there pissing himself.

Try not to stand in the same spot, you'll only slip in the puddle.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Why? You haven't made any sort of defense of yourself yet.

Mostly it's hilarious in the same way that watching retards fight is. Except in this case one of the retards was given a sharp rock where the other is just standing there pissing himself.

Try not to stand in the same spot, you'll only slip in the puddle.

I'm sorry maybe I should just type long pointless paragraphs like you usually do?

loochy
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Forget PFF. NFL players say Carr is better.

Forget NFL players. BoPellini say Flower is better.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
He is pretty much the dumbest person on this board. Did he just threaten to tell the NFL on you? Hahahahahaha.

Says the guy who openly admitted to sexually assaulting a passed out women.

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry maybe I should just type long pointless paragraphs like you usually do?

Nah, you'd just confuse yourself, substance has never been a strength of yours.

You should just stick with inane one-liners. We'll all be better off for it.

loochy

a passed out women?

Brad Essex?

Douche Baggins

"woman," not "women."

Did you graduate from elementary school?

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 02:46 PM

man I assaulted the shit out of her! She couldn't walk right for 2.5 months! I'm awesome, I can assault girls and they are so happy to have been assaulted by me they never tell anyone! MUST BE NICE TO BE ME!

Chocolate Hog
Nah, you'd just confuse yourself, substance has never been a strength of yours.

You should just stick with inane one-liners. We'll all be better off for it.

It's funny how seriously you take yourself. Little dick syndrome explains why you're trying to be a lawyer.

DJ's left nut
a passed out women?

Brad Essex?

Hazel Jones

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254968

Chocolate Hog
"woman," not "women."

Did you graduate from elementary school?

212-450-2000

Spoke to Linda.

Enjoy Clayton.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Welp, this thread just got "planet'd."

And it's everyone's fault. LMAO

DJ's left nut
It's funny how seriously you take yourself. Little dick syndrome explains why you're trying to be a lawyer.

Says the guy that takes pictures of his guns in the mirror...

Keep pumpin' that iron, Billay.

loochy
Hazel Jones

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254968

Intriguing.

Short Leash Hootie
I assault girls and stay over at their place, too...because I know when they wake up naked next to me in the morning they won't question anything, because even though they don't remember anything, they realize that there is no way they would have ever said no to me so it must have been consensual! Must be nice to be The Meat Dragon!

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
212-450-2000

Spoke to Linda.

Enjoy Clayton.

:LOL:

Yeah - everyone takes themselves way too seriously but you...

You really are a shithead.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Says the guy that takes pictures of his guns in the mirror...

Keep pumpin' that iron, Billay.

Maybe one day the man hung like a baby chinchilla will become Robert Schapiro though it's doubtful.

Short Leash Hootie

well in my high school sports days, I, as the meat gazer I am, noticed that most fat people have really tiny dingers...

so uh, sup brah!

loochy
I assault girls and stay over at their place, too...because I know when they wake up naked next to me in the morning they won't question anything, because even though they don't remember anything, they realize that there is no way they would have ever said no to me so it must have been consensual! Must be nice to be The Meat Dragon!

Off Topic: Hootie, were you involved in this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254953

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
:LOL:

Yeah - everyone takes themselves way too seriously but you...

You really are a shithead.

he's just a miserable, lazy, fat slob

he lives at home with mom and dad, and has no self-esteem or confidence, and is just a depressed piece of shit

...this is his one outlet in life where he can forget about how must of a waste of life he is and actually create his own persona and be something/someone different

people do it on the internet all the time

I created a super fucking amazing persona...maybe he should have learned from me...but I'm also not fat, have a job, and a really impressive wardrobe so no big deal

DJ's left nut
01-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Maybe one day the man hung like a baby chinchilla will become Robert Schapiro though it's doubtful.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, big fella.

When you start slinging dick jokes, you've pretty much ceded whatever point you thought you made.

Like I said - substance isn't exactly your strength, chief. If telling yourself that everyone that has a better lot in life than you do must have a small penis is how you keep from Brainfoing yourself, well more power to you.

I'm glad you have that glimmer of hope to hold onto.

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Off Topic: Hootie, were you involved in this?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254953

I read like 3 posts and have no idea what that even is or means...

but here's some hootie facts

don't give a shit about politics, religion, war, or gays

as long as I can wake up, jerk off, play xbox, and surf the internet that's all I really care about...I don't give a shit about what is happening to America!

loochy
01-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey guys! Brandon Carr is good, right?

loochy
01-12-2012, 02:53 PM

as long as I can wake up, jerk off, play xbox, and surf the internet that's all I really care about...I don't give a shit about what is happening to America!

I asked because I've read stories about you and tinkling on other people.

suzzer99
Someone on this board said we can't do anything about Carr until March because of some rule. Was this ever confirmed?

Also more importantly did we have some window where would could have signed Carr against all our unused cap space last year? If so that's the most damning evidence to me yet that Clark is a cheap-ass.

Chocolate Hog
Whatever helps you sleep at night, big fella.

When you start slinging dick jokes, you've pretty much ceded whatever point you thought you made.

Like I said - substance isn't exactly your strength, chief. If telling yourself that everyone that has a better lot in life than you do must have a small penis is how you keep from Brainfoing yourself, well more power to you.

I'm glad you have that glimmer of hope to hold onto.

That's enough from you Dr. Phil.

KCUnited
PFChangs: Scott Fujita rank 1st against the wun.

DJ's left nut

So Hootie is actually Ron Paul?

suzzer99
01-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Can you idiots please stop tarding long enough to answer my questions?

htismaqe
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Someone on this board said we can't do anything about Carr until March because of some rule. Was this ever confirmed?

Also more importantly did we have some window where would could have signed Carr against all our unused cap space last year? If so that's the most damning evidence to me yet that Clark is a cheap-ass.

Yeah, I think it was.

Chocolate Hog

Can't find any info. My best advice would be listen to Nick Wright's show at 5 Carr will be on.

DJ's left nut
That's enough from you Dr. Phil.

Nah - Dr. Phil wouldn't have pointed out that you're functionally retarded before passing off your vacuous horseshit as the fat-addled meanderings of a socially stunted half-wit.

He probably wouldn't have told you to drink a bowl of anti-freeze either, though he'd probably be a better shrink if he did.

Short Leash Hootie
So Hootie is actually Ron Paul?

does Ron Paul love daiquiris?

BCD
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM

LMAO

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Nah - Dr. Phil wouldn't have pointed out that you're functionally retarded before passing off your vacuous horseshit as the fat-addled meanderings of a socially stunted half-wit.

He probably wouldn't have told you to drink a bowl of anti-freeze either, though he'd probably be a better shrink if he did.

Looks like I hurt someones war torn vagina.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Holy shit. This thread is a trainwreck.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Damn, PFF ruins families.

Chiefnj2

I think you can resign your own guys at any time, but can't sign other guys until the March date.

DJ's left nut
Looks like I hurt someones warn torn vagina.

For God's sake - when someone calls you a moron, proof-read before responding.

You just make this too easy sometimes.

QuikSsurfer

heh, this thread has been CPed.

Zeke
Holy shit. Billay is a trainwreck.

:hmmm:

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Zeke don't make fun of billay he'll call your mother and tell on you!

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 03:00 PM
This is what happened to this thread:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jCyaXh-VZco" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zeke
01-12-2012, 03:01 PM

I'm no DJ fanboi, but the guy actually puts thought into his posts (even when he's trolling for lol's). You on the other spectrum crap in your hand and slap it on the monitor.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM

It's ok I'd rather not read your drivel.

Fritz88
God damn, that 08 draft was great.

Nailing one corner in a draft is great, nailing two is fucking epic.

Whether it was Bill Kuharich or Herm, props to whoever did it.

Short Leash Hootie
I hated Herm as our coach but he's actually started becoming quite likable on ESPN.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM

DJ.

Bo.

Come here for a second.

How about you both make up, act like grown ups and

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lseramyA1H1qae7ll.jpg

Note: DJ is the little one wearing the tiger (cat) custom. He's a Mizzou fan.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I hated Herm as our coach but he's actually started becoming quite likable on ESPN.

Watching Herm on ESPN is like watching the uncle who touched you as a child.

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM

He has really grown in the role...I'm starting to like him again.

Zeke
01-12-2012, 03:06 PM

This has potential to get even uglier.

Fritz88
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Not sure if he's improved lately, but whenever I had a chance to watch him, he sucked balls.

loochy
01-12-2012, 03:07 PM
He has really grown in the role...I'm starting to like him again.

Stockholm syndrome

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:08 PM
A Raiders fan tried to argue with me the other day that Herm is deserving of another HC job in the NFL.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 03:09 PM
A Raiders fan tried to argue with me the other day that Herm is deserving of another HC job in the NFL.

I'm glad you found someone to feel superior to.

DJ's left nut

If someone told me that he constantly kept 2 dead hookers in the trunk of his car, I'd believe it.

He's become a little bit of a caricature at this point. I'm fairly certain that Hannah Storm took a TON of dick to get her job, but I'm also certain that I felt pretty sorry for her as she kept trying to get Herm to actually expound on a point yesterday while he continue to repeat his analogy.

He's just a little too fond of hearing himself for me to really like him on ESPN.

Frosty

I'll take your word for it. :bolt:

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
I'll take your word for it. :bolt:

What, you don't get that same icky "show me on the doll where Herm R2P2'd you" feeling?

loochy
01-12-2012, 03:12 PM
What, you don't get that same icky "show me on the doll where Herm R2P2'd you" feeling?

R2P2? Lol wtf?

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm glad you found someone to feel superior to.

I do everytime Dj's responds.

Douche Baggins
01-12-2012, 03:14 PM
R2P2? Lol wtf?

run, run, pass, punt

R2P2

I believe it was coined in 2007, year of our Solari.

Frosty
01-12-2012, 03:14 PM

Every time I see Herm on TV, I just feel another sense of relief that he's not on KC's sidelines.

vailpass
01-12-2012, 03:16 PM

It isn't assault if you moved her hand to write the word "yes" on her forehead in lipstick.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
It isn't assault if you moved her hand to write the word "yes" on her forehead in lipstick.

LMAO wow.

loochy
01-12-2012, 03:18 PM
run, run, pass, punt

R2P2

I believe it was coined in 2007, year of our Solari.

Oh, yeah I remember that. For some reason my mind was in the gutter. I was thinking it was some gross sexual thing.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-12-2012, 04:11 PM
He Sounded like he won't be back.......

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah this interview doesn't sound good.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Hope the chiefs lock bowe up before March 14....The only way carr comes back is the Franchise tag.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Hope the chiefs lock bowe up before March 14....The only way carr comes back is the Franchise tag.

Or they throw a shit load of cash at him in free agency.

hometeam
Carr has been an excellent corner for multiple seasons. This is nothing new, just validation.

Urc Burry

Weren't we negotiating with Bowe when him and Haley got into it before Haley was fired? I'm guessing thats the plan

Dick Bull
01-12-2012, 04:30 PM
Or they throw a shit load of cash at him in free agency.

I'm a little fuzzy on this, but can they resign contracts now or do they have to wait until FA begins?

Urc Burry
01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm a little fuzzy on this, but can they resign contracts now or do they have to wait until FA begins?

We extended Greenwood like last week, so I'm assuming they still can :shrug:

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM

You can sign your own players up till March 14..But with carr i think he falls into the 30%rule.

Dick Bull
01-12-2012, 04:40 PM
You can sign your own players up till March 14..But with carr i think he falls into the 30%rule.
So they basically can't extend him until he becomes a FA or tag him? Is that right?

ChiefsandO'sfan
franchise tag-BOWE Transition Tag-Carr man its that easy

ChiefsandO'sfan
So they basically can't extend him until he becomes a FA or tag him? Is that right?

Yes

xztop12
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
tebow undressed ike taylor

Urc Burry
01-12-2012, 04:41 PM
franchise tag-BOWE Transition Tag-Carr man its that easy

You can only use one tag per year

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Just Lock bowe up and tag carr Pioli i mean chiefs are 26m under the cap

Dick Bull
01-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Just Lock bowe up and tag carr Pioli i mean chiefs are 26m under the cap

Isn't the same problem going to apply to Bowe with the 30% rule?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I think Flowers maxed out two years ago. Carr seems like he is still getting better.

which is a testament to his work ethic. If we let Carr walk, I'm convinced we resigned the wrong guy.

xztop12
if they lose carr then i want to trade out of the first round pick and get Jenkins. Jenkins breaks on balls much better than carr and will get more int's but will get beaten deep more. Carr is an excellent guy at playing the body, not so much the ball

KCUnited
Sounded like he wants to be a Chief to me. Said he was willing to sign prior to the season, so if he walks its on Pioli. He's a very humble guy, contract talk was obviously making him uncomfortable.

Smed1065
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Damn time-Put pressure on dickhead.

Dick Bull
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
if they lose carr then i want to trade out of the first round pick and get Jenkins. Jenkins breaks on balls much better than carr and will get more int's but will get beaten deep more. Carr is an excellent guy at playing the body, not so much the ball
I doubt we draft a cb that high, tbh.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 04:58 PM
The Chiefs will have enough money to match anyones offer at least.

SNR
01-12-2012, 06:13 PM
Fuck all of you and fuck all of your mothers

Bowser
01-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Hannah Storm took a TON of dick to get her job
Pics or vids, or it didn't happen.
He Sounded like he won't be back.......

You want to know why? Because he was sitting around bored before the interview, and decided to Google his name. Lo and behold, this disaster of a thread popped up, and he commenced reading. He made his mind up then and there to get the hell out of KC.

suzzer99
01-12-2012, 06:43 PM
I think we keep Carr. He and Flowers are too good together. Remember not that long ago when our corners sucked? It's not a fun feeling. Much easier to find a malcontent free agent WR who will turn over a new leaf and play good for a few years like with did with Rison or Derrick Alexander.

I don't think Pioli is dumb enough to let Carr walk. Bowe I can live with if it has to happen.

So did the radio not mention the 30% rule at all? Brilliant reporting if so. Or CP is totally wrong on that.

durtyrute
01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Just like Suzzer said, I can get over not keep Bowe, but we must sign Carr. Hopefully, we sign them both, but if it's either or well then........

DTLB58
01-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Just like Suzzer said, I can get over not keep Bowe, but we must sign Carr. Hopefully, we sign them both, but if it's either or well then........

Bowe is just having to many lapses. That TD drop against the Raiders did it for me.... He just doesn't get it and never will. :banghead:

DTLB58
01-12-2012, 07:21 PM
The Chiefs will have enough money to match anyones offer at least.

Yes, but will they.

"Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you have to spend it".
- Scott Pioli

A lesson he says his parent's taught him and that he shared with Clark during the interview process. Slam dunk to the job!

BossChief
01-12-2012, 07:44 PM

Quit being a little bitch about everything.

This could be taken as a bannable offense, could it not?

Dick Bull
01-12-2012, 07:54 PM

I don't see how. It is an illegal action that he has been confronted with for years. Beginning as a reply to his wanting to do the same thing for using dickcheese Athan's wonderful world of BS without a subscription.

HemiEd
01-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I hope he comes to Denver next year.
GFY and DIE in an aids tree fire.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 09:06 PM

A bannable offense by reporting copy right infringement? Hey dumbass you do realize Phil has threatened to do the same in the past? Dumbass.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 09:24 PM
man I assaulted the shit out of her! She couldn't walk right for 2.5 months! I'm awesome, I can assault girls and they are so happy to have been assaulted by me they never tell anyone! MUST BE NICE TO BE ME!

He always does that. Every time I call him out on one his dumb ass claims he calls me a junkie when I haven't touched a drug in over two years.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Yes, but will they.

- Scott Pioli

A lesson he says his parent's taught him and that he shared with Clark during the interview process. Slam dunk to the job!

Pioli is a huge advocate of keeping your good players. I have no doubt that carr stays.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 09:27 PM
He always does that. Every time I call him out on one his dumb ass claims he calls me a junkie when I haven't touched a drug in over two years.

No, you don't try to call me out you try and get personal. Theres a big difference.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 09:29 PM
No, you don't try to call me out you try and get personal. Theres a big difference.

You go straight to personal shit in any dispute. Evidenced in this very thread.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 09:34 PM
You go straight to personal shit in any dispute. Evidenced in this very thread.

The guy trolled my Facebook in the past of course I'd have a low tolerance for his bullshit. Who's to say I wasn't trolling anyway? You've talked a lot of personal bullshit in the past it wasn't just calling someone out. Funny how those on here enjoy flinging mud until the mud is flung back at them.

DRU
01-12-2012, 09:42 PM

Idiot.

beach tribe
01-12-2012, 09:50 PM
The guy trolled my Facebook in the past of course I'd have a low tolerance for his bullshit. Who's to say I wasn't trolling anyway? You've talked a lot of personal bullshit in the past it wasn't just calling someone out. Funny how those on here enjoy flinging mud until the mud is flung back at them.

Weak.

And threatening to turn someone in for infringement when they spend the time and effort to make the best contributions this board receives is just plain douche.
I really don't want to get into this with you though.
We've done it enough.
One last thing though. You seriously handle disagreements exactly like Mecca, and Dane, and regardless of our differences, I don't want to see your butthurt inability to avoid escalating simple disagreements into all out shit fests run you out of here.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 09:55 PM
Weak.

And threatening to turn someone in for infringement when they spend the time and effort to make the best contributions this board receives is just plain douche.
I really don't want to get into this with you though.
We've done it enough.
One last thing though. You seriously handle disagreements exactly like Mecca, and Dane, and regardless of our differences, I don't want to see your butthurt inability to avoid escalating simple disagreements into all out shit fests run you out of here.

Look I don't have a problem with you or anyone else for that matter. I appreciate your concern but I always keep it within the rules.

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
billay, you lead into every thread with a personal attack...it's insane. Remember, every time you point a finger at someone you're pointing three back at yourself!

BossChief
01-12-2012, 10:09 PM

A bannable offense by reporting copy right infringement? Hey dumbass you do realize Phil has threatened to do the same in the past? Dumbass.

Explain to me the difference between your post and what Skip got banned for.

You threaten to take disagreements on here to real life shit all the time.

It's bullshit and a pussy move.

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 10:11 PM
212-450-2000

Spoke to Linda.

Enjoy Clayton.

Don't forget about this gem BossChief...

LMAO

he already told on Clay! (although I don't believe it, he's a fat lazy dumbass, no one cares what he has to say.)

Short Leash Hootie
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
oh and Phil holds personal grudges against everyone...he did used to threaten Clay and tell him he'd turn him in for copyright infringement if I can remember...(I could be wrong, just for some reason some sort of memory pops in my head about that)

the whole WPI where Clay was chosen over Phil really irked Phil for quite some time.

BossChief
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't worry, he always "keeps it within the rules."

What a joke.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Explain to me the difference between your post and what Skip got banned for.

You threaten to take disagreements on here to real life shit all the time.

It's bullshit and a pussy move.

What did Skip do?

You do realize breaking copy right rules is against the law right? Banning someone from turning someone in who's breaking the law is a bannable offense? Though this shouldn't be surprising you never hold yourself accountable for anything. You wrongfully called for my banning in the past when I called Dane- Dane Polanski saying that was posting personal information.

I've kept everything within the rules. When haven't I? I'd get a warning if I hadn't. Or are you talking out of your ass once again? You aren't going to do shit about it.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Pioli is a huge advocate of keeping your good players. I have no doubt that carr stays.

He also showed in NE he isn't against letting a player go if a team will over-pay for him. The big difference, obviously, between Carr and the others Pioli signed is that they were signed during the season and Carr is 2 months of waiting from hitting the open market.

Decent interview with him on Wright today. Wright was trying to hammer home the point that KC could have signed him last year to a 5 year, $20 million deal and now its gonna be double that. Carr did say he really wanted a contract last season.

Urc Burry
01-12-2012, 10:40 PM
In '07 they franchised Asante Samuel, and he played throughout the season and made it to free agency... hopefully he's not into being that much into the patriot way

Smed1065
01-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Fuck all of you and fuck all of your mothers

Never be as good as yours was...........

Smed1065
01-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Yes, but will they.

- Scott Pioli

Idiot, proof here.

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 05:50 AM
For the record, Bo was trolling, he didn't "report" me.

Effective troll is effective.

Coach
01-13-2012, 06:05 AM
As much grief Herm Edwards got for picking Carr, it looks like this was an excellent pick. Much better than I ever dreamed of.

Micjones
01-13-2012, 06:13 AM
I just hope to be having the conversation about who the better Corner is next season. Because both of them are still here.

suzzer99
01-13-2012, 06:59 AM
As much grief Herm Edwards got for picking Carr, it looks like this was an excellent pick. Much better than I ever dreamed of.

Who gave Herm grief for picking Carr?

Zeke
01-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I don't think many gave him grief for having picked him. I think he may have gotten some grief for throwing him out on the field so quickly and often.

loochy
01-13-2012, 07:32 AM
I don't think many gave him grief for having picked him. I think he may have gotten some grief for throwing him out on the field so quickly and often.

That's how you get good.

go bowe
01-13-2012, 09:04 AM

ask skip about threatening rl consequences...

if i were a supporter i'd give you an infraction for that...

Chiefnj2
01-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Who gave Herm grief for picking Carr?

IIRC, CB wasn't viewed as a tremendous need when he was picked - KC had Surtain and Law as starters, grabbed Flowers in the 2nd as an heir and had a few younger guys that at the time looked promising.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2012, 09:29 AM
IIRC, CB wasn't viewed as a tremendous need when he was picked - KC had Surtain and Law as starters, grabbed Flowers in the 2nd as an heir and had a few younger guys that at the time looked promising.

I don't think you're recalling this correctly, though I could be wrong.

There were very few complaints about the 2008 draft and as near as I can remember, nobody had a problem with grabbing a guy with Carr's physical tools in the 5th round.

loochy
01-13-2012, 09:32 AM

I don't know...they were both pretty old at that time.

Chiefnj2
01-13-2012, 09:40 AM
If anything, nobody cared about Carr. The talk was primarily about Dorsey slipping to KC. In fact, if you look back there was lots of talk about what good picks Morgan and Richardson were.

BCD
01-13-2012, 10:46 AM

Ty Law last played for the Chiefs in 2007. Surtain in 2008.

Frosty
01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
The only negative thing I remember people said about Carr at the time was that he was strictly a Cover 2 corner.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2012, 10:58 AM
If anything, nobody cared about Carr. The talk was primarily about Dorsey slipping to KC. In fact, if you look back there was lots of talk about what good picks Morgan and Richardson were.

That's certainly possible - you're not going to get a lot of people falling all over themselves over a 5th rounder....unless it's Dickstanzi.

But my recollection is that a lot of people recognized the upside in the Carr pick and applauded the boom/bust use of a 5th rounder.

DJ's left nut
01-13-2012, 10:59 AM
The only negative thing I remember people said about Carr at the time was that he was strictly a Cover 2 corner.

Really? Sure you're not thinking Flowers?

Nothing about Carr's physical skills ever suggested he was a Cover-2 corner. Flowers, OTOH, has a lot of the traits you see in a premier Cover-2 CB.

Reaper16
01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Nobody gave Herm grief over Carr because nobody knew who the fuck Carr was. Except for me, of course, having seen his Division II ass play in person multiple times.

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Really? Sure you're not thinking Flowers?

Nothing about Carr's physical skills ever suggested he was a Cover-2 corner. Flowers, OTOH, has a lot of the traits you see in a premier Cover-2 CB.

Herm drafted Carr because he played the Cover 2 to perfection in college.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM

That was Flowers...

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Herm drafted Carr because he played the Cover 2 to perfection in college.

Carr was a fucking no-name late round pick with very little comment or expectation...

Reaper16
01-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Flowers is a prototypical Cover 2 corner. But it is also true that Carr played Cover 2 in college. Though he didn't play in a Tampa 2 style defense; Grand Valley State in those years played a 3-4 cover 2 with the corners playing significant man coverage instead of sticking to just the flats.

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:59 PM
What if Pioli is thinking you can get by with Flowers & Berry in your secondary and views Carr as a luxury :(

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
What if Pioli is thinking you can get by with Flowers & Berry in your secondary and views Carr as a luxury :(

The part that scares me is the Patriots made a practice of dumping secondary players rather than paying them.

They dumped Ty Law, Eugene Wilson, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, and James Sanders.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Patriots have paid big money to a corner or a safety once in the last 10 years.

If we don't resign Carr, it's definitely the Patriot Way.

O.city
01-13-2012, 01:05 PM
The part that scares me is the Patriots made a practice of dumping secondary players rather than paying them.

They dumped Ty Law, Eugene Wilson, Lawyer Milloy, Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, and James Sanders.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Patriots have paid big money to a corner or a safety once in the last 10 years.

And look at the Patriots secondary right now.

They are a record setting bad defense. Surely Scott sees that.

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM
And look at the Patriots secondary right now.

They are a record setting bad defense. Surely Scott sees that.

All Scott sees is "hey, the Patriots are winning, so it must be right."

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM

Some of those guys were older players going on their 3rd or 4th contract. There certainly is a strong precedent for the patriots letting talented young DB's walk though.

Letting Samuel walk was a HUGE mistake. He's not a shut-down CB, but he's the biggest play-making CB in the NFL.

O.city
01-13-2012, 01:08 PM
All Scott sees is "hey, the Patriots are winning, so it must be right."

I really can't wait for Tom Brady to retire, so that Patriot way bullshit will die.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
The only DB that they should have kept was Asante. This whole, "they let good DB's walk" thing is a myth.

Hobbs? James Sanders? Those guys are marginal, replacement type talent. Milloy could also be viewed as a mistake i suppose.

Law was not. He wanted record setting money at the time and the Pats would've only received 1-2 good years left out of him.

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 01:19 PM
The only DB that they should have kept was Asante. This whole, "they let good DB's walk" thing is a myth.

Hobbs? James Sanders? Those guys are marginal, replacement type talent. Milloy could also be viewed as a mistake i suppose.

Law was not. He wanted record setting money at the time and the Pats would've only received 1-2 good years left out of him.

All I'm saying is that they have a history of letting DBs go.

O.city
01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Carr is a younger, better version of Cromartie.

Sign him up today.