PDA

View Full Version : Football ESPN makes 160 references to Tim Tebow in a single hour of SportsCenter

pr_capone
01-12-2012, 10:54 PM
http://deadspin.com/5875622/espn-broke-its-own-record-by-making-160-tim-tebow-references-in-one-hour-of-sportscenter-here-are-all-of-them

Link has video or record shattering, hate inducing, temple throbbing Tebow madness from ESPN.

ESPN Broke Its Own Record By Making 160 Tim Tebow References In One Hour Of SportsCenter. Here Are All Of Them.

The last time ESPN tried the stunt of dedicating an entire hour of SportsCenter to Tim Tebow, they managed a paltry 88 mentions of his name. The WWL went above and beyond in its 11 a.m. Eastern show, nearly doubling the instances in which they aired the Denver quarterback's name. For 48 minutes of programming, that works out to one "Tebow" every 18 seconds.

I miss when ESPN was about sports.

chefsos
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Miss Brett Favre yet?

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Damn. I'm not even a Tebow hater... but, damn.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
NFLN isn't much better

TEEEBOO WHOA OH

Fuckers

Frazod
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Heh. It's like gangsters saying "fuck" in Goodfellas. LMAO

Bugeater
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Pretty much everything on ESPN is unwatchable outside of live sports.

Bugeater
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
NFLN isn't much better

TEEEBOO WHOA OH

Fuckers
NFLN is a huge disappointment. I have no idea how a 24hr network dedicated to football could possibly be so bad, but it is.

boogblaster
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
seriously .. ima tired of hear'n bout the sob ......

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
NFLN is a huge disappointment. I have no idea how a 24hr network dedicated to football could possibly be so bad, but it is.

Whoever does programming over there should be fired yesterday.

KCtotheSB
01-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Haven't watched ESPN or NFL Network since probably around the Broncos big win streak. It's insufferable.

Guru
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Miss Brett Favre yet?

I had forgotten all about him. Thanks a lot.:#

pr_capone
01-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Haven't watched ESPN or NFL Network since probably around the Broncos big win streak. It's insufferable.

I tuned to ESPN 4 times after work yesterday and each time they were talking about him.

It is ridiculous. I cannot wait until football season is over.

ChiefsNow
01-12-2012, 11:23 PM
We should use Tebow as a verb in every sentence.

Phobia
01-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Every now and then they do a good segment. They did a Delaney piece several years back. From what I understand, the Marinovich documentary was really good. I'm keeping my eye out for a re-run.

But yeah, I don't watch ESPN at all. Haven't for several years. Live games excluded, of course.

Chocolate Hog
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM

This.

Munson
01-12-2012, 11:28 PM
I stopped watching ESPN a couple years ago. The final straw was all the non-stop Brett Favre retirement/non-retirement coverage. They just harp on one subject and go way overboard. Those sons of bitches don't know when enough is enough.

KcMizzou
01-12-2012, 11:29 PM
It's just all so ABSURD!!! LMAO

Roll with him next season, Denver... I dare ya.

Frazod
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I stopped watching ESPN a couple years ago. The final straw was all the non-stop Brett Favre retirement/non-retirement coverage. They just harp on one subject and go way overboard. Those sons of bitches don't know when enough is enough.

No they do not. And I almost never watch ESPN any more. Flavor of the moment bullshit aimed at 20-something urbanites. Fuck you.

Although I will say that unlike Favre, LeBron James and Tiger Woods, Tebow isn't a vile human being.

Bearcat
01-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Every now and then they do a good segment. They did a Delaney piece several years back. From what I understand, the Marinovich documentary was really good. I'm keeping my eye out for a re-run.

But yeah, I don't watch ESPN at all. Haven't for several years. Live games excluded, of course.

My breaking point was around the time of the Michael Vick & Tiger Woods crap, and Brett Favre. Those 3 things dominated for months.

I had it on a few times in a hotel room a couple of weeks ago, for the first time in a couple of years outside of live sports, and they kept talking about the Orton/Tebow matchup. Even for a Chiefs story, it got annoying... throw in Skip Bayless still having a job & Herm Edwards making appearances, and I don't think I'm missing much.

Guru
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM

Go out and tebow some wood.

KcMizzou
01-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Go out and tebow some wood.Shut the tebow up and go tebow yourself.

It's like the smurfs.

ChiefsNow
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Let me Tebow you something. That doesn't Tebow any sense.

Bearcat
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM

Tebow into an AIDS tree.

Guru
01-12-2012, 11:34 PM
Bet she never got tebowed like that before.

Bugeater
01-12-2012, 11:35 PM
I have to go take a Tebow.

pr_capone
It's like the smurfs.

LMAOLMAO

ChiefsNow
Every time they Tebow a story about him it seems they Tebow themselves right in tv. You would think they would Tebow about someone else.

chefsos
01-12-2012, 11:36 PM
Hmm. I smell a hilarious auto-edit brewing. Thoughts? Mods?

It's okay if you don't give a tebow, though.

Bugeater
Rectum? Damn near Tebowed 'em.

KcMizzou
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YMU18AWujGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Simply Red
01-12-2012, 11:40 PM
why does North America hate Christianity?

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Mr. Bun: Morning.

Waitress: Morning.

Mr. Bun: What have you got, then?

Waitress: Well, there's egg and bacon; egg, sausage and bacon; egg and Praise God!; egg, bacon and Praise God!; egg, bacon, sausage and Praise God!; Praise God!, bacon, sausage and Praise God!; Praise God!, egg, Praise God!, Praise God!, bacon and Praise God!; Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, egg and Praise God!; Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, baked beans, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God! and Praise God!; or Lobster thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce garnished with truffle pâté, brandy and with a fried egg on top and Praise God!.

Mrs. Bun: Have you got anything without Praise God! in it?

Waitress: Well, there's Praise God!, egg, sausage and Praise God!. That's not got much Praise God! in it.

Mrs. Bun: I don't want ANY Praise God!!

Mr. Bun: Why can't she have egg, bacon, Praise God! and sausage?

Mrs. Bun: That's got Praise God! in it!

Mr. Bun: Not as much as Praise God!, egg, sausage and Praise God!.

Mrs. Bun: Look, could I have egg, bacon, Praise God! and sausage without the Praise God!?

Waitress: Uuuuuuggggh!

Mrs. Bun: What d'you mean uuugggh! I don't like Praise God!.

Vikings (singing): Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!...Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!...lovely Praise God!, wonderful Praise God!...

Waitress: Shut up. Shut up! Shut up! You can't have egg, bacon, Praise God! and sausage without the Praise God!.

Mrs. Bun: Why not?!

Waitress: No, it wouldn't be egg, bacon, Praise God! and sausage, would it?

Mrs. Bun: I don't like Praise God!!

Mr. Bun: Don't make a fuss, dear. I'll have your Praise God!. I love it. I'm having Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!...

Vikings: Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!...

Mr. Bun:...baked beans, Praise God!, Praise God! and Praise God!.

Waitress: Baked beans are off.

Mr. Bun: Well can I have Praise God! instead?

Waitress: You mean Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!, Praise God!?

Mr. Bun: Yes.

Waitress: Arrggh!

Vikings: ...lovely Praise God!, wonderful, Praise God!.

Waitress: Shut up! Shut up!

Hungarian: Great boobies, honeybun, my lower intestine is full of Praise God!, egg, Praise God!, bacon, Praise God!, tomato, Praise God!...

Waitress: Shut up!

Hungarian: My nipples explode...

ChiefsNow
01-12-2012, 11:45 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ba00SyUHYNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou
01-12-2012, 11:49 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ba00SyUHYNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>LMAO

I saw this once in that body snatchers movie.

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Tebow

BigMeatballDave
01-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Praise God!

LOL filtered

Te-bow

Violation.

Report me.

NJChiefsFan
01-12-2012, 11:53 PM

Their documentaries are pretty good, everything else is terrible. I think MLB does the best job in its 24 hour networks. Golf does pretty well also.

KcMizzou
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guru
01-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Hey Tim Tebow

Fruit Ninja
01-13-2012, 12:36 AM
NFLN isn't much better

TEEEBOO WHOA OH

****ers

That is actually funny. I laugh everytime. lol

KCtotheSB
01-13-2012, 12:42 AM
I Tebow the wife and stuck it up her Tebow with a rusty pair of my favorite Tebow while she Tebow my Tebow Tebow Tebow while dancing on a Tebow Tebow Tebow hippopotamus Tebow Tebow inside my Tebow with her fuzzy Tebow!

chefsos
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Awesome.

Setsuna
01-13-2012, 01:49 AM
Wow that's disgusting.

NJChiefsFan
01-13-2012, 01:53 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 03:27 AM

because they're Above Paying Taxes even though they're supposedly "here for us".

if they were really here for us they'd Pony Up. because they don't, they aren't, and we Call Them Out on it.

Guru
01-13-2012, 04:14 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WhOL28tvMX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E0hMNfPXRFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM

I switched NFLN about 2 years ago. It's so much better than ESPN, or at least it WAS.

Tonight at 8pm eastern?

"T-BOW TIME! 2011 In Review" ROFL

ChiTown
01-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Is Bob Sugar Tim Tebow's agent?

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
I switched NFLN about 2 years ago. It's so much better than ESPN, or at least it WAS.

Tonight at 8pm eastern?

"T-BOW TIME! 2011 In Review" ROFL

I also watch NFLN more than I do ESPN... I don't really watch any of the network pregame shows though - we're at church.

It's easy though to see why the networks are running with TTmania.

Who would tune in to an hour of the Alex Smith Year in Review? Brees, Rogers, Brady - they're all phenoms, but they've been around a few years - maybe not so much with Rodgers, but the media is grasping onto for as long as they can the hottest name and most perplexing sports story in years.

The Broncos and Timmay ... and still with all the love going on, most still predict failure and as soon as it happens... they'll turn quickly on the guy. Bank on it.

No worries though - Denver likely doesn't advance past NE, so maybe they will focus more on Flacco Time. At least he's asking for more love and coverage... I don't think Timmay cares much for it, or really pays attention to it.

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Here's another for ya...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UkFQSk-Bsqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 08:56 AM
I also watch NFLN more than I do ESPN... I don't really watch any of the network pregame shows though - we're at church.

It's easy though to see why the networks are running with TTmania.

Who would tune in to an hour of the Alex Smith Year in Review? Brees, Rogers, Brady - they're all phenoms, but they've been around a few years - maybe not so much with Rodgers, but the media is grasping onto for as long as they can the hottest name and most perplexing sports story in years.

The Broncos and Timmay ... and still with all the love going on, most still predict failure and as soon as it happens... they'll turn quickly on the guy. Bank on it.

No worries though - Denver likely doesn't advance past NE, so maybe they will focus more on Flacco Time. At least he's asking for more love and coverage... I don't think Timmay cares much for it, or really pays attention to it.

Worry not. Denver beats NE. 13-3 is absolute.

Dayze
01-13-2012, 09:01 AM
I used to love NFLN, but the programming is horrible now. The same Top 10 lists are on all the time; not to mention the 'lists' are getting more and more stupid.

I can't stand Deion sanders on Total Access. Between Him and Irvin, it's like listening to a thanksgiving dinner argument where everyone is speaking at the same time.

add in the Tebow mania, and it's unwatchable.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Here's another for ya...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UkFQSk-Bsqg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

He needs to update that video.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Here's another WTF? moment: I'm driving back home from dropping the kids off at school listening to the radio. A quick blurb comes on that Katy Perry's parents are praying that she starts dating dating Tim Tebow now that she is breaking up with her husband. WTF?

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Here's another WTF? moment: I'm driving back home from dropping the kids off at school listening to the radio. A quick blurb comes on that Katy Perry's parents are praying that she starts dating dating Tim Praise God! now that she is breaking up with her husband. WTF?

LMAO I just now noticed the filter.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Just a warning: If you keep that filter up long enough, he's going to create an account here just to come thank you for doing it. You know it's going to happen.

KC Tattoo
01-13-2012, 09:14 AM
fucking tim tebow

Rausch
01-13-2012, 09:22 AM

Same here.

Me and Orton chug the church wine before mass.

And he still throws the ball better than Tim "The Thinker" afterwards.

Big beer belch out to mah' homie Kyle...:toast:

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Same here.

Me and Orton chug the church wine before mass.

And he still throws the ball better than Tim "The Thinker" afterwards.

Big beer belch out to mah' homie Kyle...:toast:

Orton is a good QB. He's getting the DeBerg treatment.

Lzen
01-13-2012, 09:33 AM
because they're Above Paying Taxes even though they're supposedly "here for us".

if they were really here for us they'd Pony Up. because they don't, they aren't, and we Call Them Out on it.

LOL, yeah that's it. :rolleyes:

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:37 AM
<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1378838" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lzen
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Worry not. Denver beats NE. 13-3 is absolute.

Crack is bad.

MoreLemonPledge
01-13-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't get on here for a couple of days and the name Tebow is changed? Awesome.

Epic Fail 007
01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
This is all bs!!!

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:51 AM
From the other end of the rainbow:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f3898/article/salem-sorcesses-in-bradys-corner-but-wont-hex-tebow

Salem witches in Brady's corner, but won't hex Tebow

Those pesky Salem witches are at it again.

Roughly 300 years after they were put on trial in hard-hitting colonial Massachusetts (http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/salem/salem.htm), a modern-day cadre of sorceresses are joining forces to ensure Tom Brady (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156) and the Patriots will come out on top in Saturday's AFC divisional playoff (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012011400/2011/POST19/broncos@patriots) against the Broncos.

The group plans to gather Friday (the 13th, mind you) to nullify any curses associated with Brady being splashed on the cover of past issues of Sports Illustrated. No Tim Praise God! (http://www.nfl.com/players/timPraise%20God%21/profile?id=TEB603856) hexes are planned -- these are nice witches, with jobs and email addresses -- but the ladies are heavily into Patriots football and not afraid to toy with the outcome.

"I'm going to raise the energy of the universe and send out all the good mojo," a sorceress by the name Lorelei told the Boston Herald (http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/20220113witches_brew_a_win_for_tom/). "(Fellow witch) Lori will call in the Angels."
Fair enough.

These witches boast a deep resume. Last year, they attempted an intervention for Charlie Sheen, but attendance was spotty, according to Lorelei: "When we told them this Circle was for Tom Brady, oh, everybody will be there!"

One of the witches, hot on arts-and-crafts, has pieced together a Brady puppet, which will be placed atop an alter piled high with "mojo bags" containing herbs and stones for every member of the Patriots.
Lorelei then will move into Praise God!ing formation -- the logic here is sound -- and unleash the following chant: "Tom Brady will see what he needs to see, be where he needs to be and will take the Patriots to another victory!"

Can we back up a minute?

Right now, someone's floating around Salem with a Bill Belichick "mojo bag."

We have no words.

ChiTown
01-13-2012, 09:52 AM
<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1378838" frameborder="0"></iframe>

That is FKG awesome!LMAO

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Envy is never attractive

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2012, 09:57 AM
If only the Chief fans would tebow.

Mr. Plow
01-13-2012, 09:59 AM

This. Never watch any ESPN unless there is a game I want to watch on it.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
That is FKG awesome!LMAO

I cracked up.

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2012, 10:02 AM
This filter reminds me of Oh God I with John Denver telling people they should Tebow

Mr. Plow
01-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Jesus. They are talking about Tebow during hockey, basketball, soccer highlights.

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Jesus. They are talking about Praise God! during hockey, basketball, soccer highlights.

Tebow is universal.

bevischief
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Turn into a drinking game. Every time they say Tebow take a drink.

KCtotheSB
01-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Turn into a drinking game. Every time they say Praise God! take a drink.

Alcohol poisoning within 3 minutes.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Crack is bad.

Crack? Hardly.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8282684&postcount=89

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Since the advent of free agency, 13 AFC teams have gone 13-3. 12 NFC teams have gone 13-3.

8 of those NFC teams not only won their 1st-round playoff game - they went on to play in the Super Bowl.

10 of those AFC teams lost their opening round playoff game at home. Only 3 advanced beyond the 1st round and only the 1999 Titans advanced to the Super Bowl - they played the 13-3 Indianapolis Colts in the 1st round.

:clap:

Patriots are also 0-2 vs the Broncos in the Playoffs - 2005 and 1986, both were divisional round games.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Praise God!

Just checkin'..

Epic Fail 007
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
The devil is on the Pats side this time evil will prevail !

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Talentless slapdicks everywhere will be following in his footsteps

1. Put bible passage on eye black
2. Suck balls
3. ????
4. Profit.

whoman69
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
This is worse than their Michael Vick love ever was. First and Ten gives about a third of its programming to Tebow every week.

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM
And, think about it... most are viewing this as their "last hurrah" for the season in regards to TT coverage. So, they're going for broke in the build up.

Now, for a second... just imagine what happens if the Broncos do win. Next week will be too much for me to even handle. But, I'd find a way to fight through it.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Fuck Testament Timmy and the Donx.

Because they are the Donx and he's their overhyped QB.

Props to Testament Timmy for being who he is even after being mocked, hyped, slammed, and thrown out there to catch all and any criticisms...

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
And, for all the hate... you have a lot of this.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

Frazod
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Turn into a drinking game. Every time they say Praise God! take a drink.

Unless the drink is 3/2 beer, you'd die.

Predarat
01-13-2012, 12:42 PM
He is the new Payton Manning/Brent Farve.

ClevelandBronco
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Bigger. Perhaps not as long lasting. We shall see.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 12:58 PM
And, for all the hate... you have a lot of this.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-Praise God!

That is just the thing. The guy is a stand up class act... no doubt. If the media would back the fuck and he would tone down the overt religious acts (I'm not saying to stop them, just pray in the locker room instead of making a spectacle on the sideline... I promise it will accomplish the same thing) I would actually be a fan.

Moobs
01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
That is just the thing. The guy is a stand up class act... no doubt. If the media would back the **** and he would tone down the overt religious acts (I'm not saying to stop them, just pray in the locker room instead of making a spectacle on the sideline... I promise it will accomplish the same thing) I would actually be a fan.

So you will hold this against Tebow? Your anger is misguided.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 01:09 PM
So you will hold this against Praise God!? Your anger is misguided.

No... I don't hold it against him. I'm just sick of hearing about him.

I don't really hate Timmy, I hate his fanclub and the fact that they won't STFU about him makes me hate him for existing. If he didn't exist, I wouldn't have to put up with the Teebowites.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 01:21 PM
That is just the thing. The guy is a stand up class act... no doubt. If the media would back the **** and he would tone down the overt religious acts (I'm not saying to stop them, just pray in the locker room instead of making a spectacle on the sideline... I promise it will accomplish the same thing) I would actually be a fan.

He isn't making a spectacle on the sidelines. The cameras are following him, not the other way around.

Are you suggesting he should stop praying on the sideline simply because OTHER PEOPLE can't control themselves?

YourMom
01-13-2012, 01:25 PM
It's interesting that the Broncos beat the Steelers, using the worst starting quarterback to ever play the game.

With that said, I hope the Patriots stick their collective foot in Jesus Boy's ass.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 01:29 PM
If the media would back the **** and he would tone down the overt religious acts (I'm not saying to stop them, just pray in the locker room instead of making a spectacle on the sideline... I promise it will accomplish the same thing) I would actually be a fan.

So you dislike him because he talks about God too much and not because he's a cheating Donk?

Really?

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
just pray in the locker room instead of making a spectacle on the sideline...

Taking a knee = making a spectacle? If the cameras didn't pan to him... you'd never know.

Garcia Bronco
01-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Tebow!!!!

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-13-2012, 04:33 PM

....without the talent.

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 04:52 PM
Taking a knee = making a spectacle? If the cameras didn't pan to him... you'd never know.

when he does it 4-12 times a game, yes.

it's the cameramen that are filming the QB that are More Responsible? Really? You're resorting to Lying to protect him....very sad.

never mind the Skipping Up The Sidelines singing hymns also feels like him Shoving Religion Down Our Throats.

Dave Lane
01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
No they do not. And I almost never watch ESPN any more. Flavor of the moment bullshit aimed at 20-something urbanites. **** you.

Although I will say that unlike Favre, LeBron James and Tiger Woods, God's anointed NFL disciple isn't a vile human being.

correction he plays for the donkeys so yes he is.

Dave Lane
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Religion is like a penis.

Its fine to have one.

Its ok to be proud of it.

But don't take it out and wave it in public and don't try to stick it down my throat.

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
correction he plays for the donkeys so yes he is.

This.

Nevermind Favre, Woods and Lebron are Actually Talented.

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
But don't take it out and wave it in public and don't try to stick it down my throat.

If the cameramen didn't go out of their way to tape him during his 4-12 kneels downs and pregame hymn skipping, he wouldn't be shoving it down our throats/ tebow lovers.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 09:01 PM
So you dislike him because he talks about God too much and not because he's a cheating Donk?

Really?

You misunderstand.

If Jamaal Charles wouldn't shut the **** up about politics or religion I would say the same thing about him. Same for the opposite, if Eric Berry took every opportunity to talk about how God doesn't exist and how Christians are stupid for believing... I would again say the same thing.

I don't watch these guys to hear their thoughts on religious, political, or secular matters. Just play the ****ing game and move on. Timmy can go to church 6 days out of the week for 5 hours at a time and preach at his congregation for all I care. I just don't need to hear it every time he opens his mouth. Timmy makes Reggie white look like an athiest.

Pioli Zombie
01-13-2012, 09:05 PM
You misunderstand.

If Jamaal Charles wouldn't shut the **** up about politics or religion I would say the same thing about him. Same for the opposite, if Eric Berry took every opportunity to talk about how God doesn't exist and how Christians are stupid for believing... I would again say the same thing.

I don't watch these guys to hear their thoughts on religious, political, or secular matters. Just play the ****ing game and move on. Timmy can go to church 6 days out of the week for 5 hours at a time and preach at his congregation for all I care. I just don't need to hear it every time he opens his mouth. Timmy makes Reggie white look like an athiest.

For you to be hearing it so much you must be really going out of your way to listen.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 09:07 PM
For you to be hearing it so much you must be really going out of your way to listen.

You can't help but come across it! I can't go on any sports related anything without it cropping up. Just like back in the day we couldn't get away from stupid ****ing Brett Favre and his retirement / unretirement / retirement bullshit.

Edit:

Watching sportscenter and being bombarded with that shit isn't exactly going out of my way.

MahiMike
01-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Bless us all.

CaliforniaChief
01-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Who would have thought that watching Sports Center would become a drinking game?

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Who would have thought that watching Sports Center would become a drinking game?

LMAO

Turned it on 10 min ago to see what is up... they were talking about Timmy's Encore.

I can't get away from him!!!

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
when he does it 4-12 times a game, yes.

it's the cameramen that are filming the QB that are More Responsible? Really? You're resorting to Lying to protect him....very sad.

never mind the Skipping Up The Sidelines singing hymns also feels like him Shoving Religion Down Our Throats.

What a crock of shit. That's who he is. Really. That's how he acts and that's who he is. He's an Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian. He's been doing this stuff his whole life. The media shined a spotlight on him. ESPN runs on hype, and they've been playing up the story for ratings. It's a free country (sort of) and if you put a camera on him you're going to see who he is. If you stick a microphone in his face you're going to hear what's on his mind. If you don't like what you see you really don't have to look. If you don't like what you hear you really don't have to listen. It's just that simple.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
What a crock of shit. That's who he is. Really. That's how he acts and that's who he is. He's an Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian. He's been doing this stuff his whole life. The media shined a spotlight on him. ESPN runs on hype, and they've been playing up the story for ratings. It's a free country (sort of) and if you put a camera on him you're going to see who he is. If you stick a microphone in his face you're going to hear what's on his mind. If you don't like what you see you really don't have to look. If you don't like what you hear you really don't have to listen. It's just that simple.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381437_319457644743820_116476271708626_1101990_398332937_n.jpg

edit:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens

Again, I'm not knocking the guy for being religious. I just dislike the way he goes about it.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/381437_319457644743820_116476271708626_1101990_398332937_n.jpg

edit:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens

Again, I'm not knocking the guy for being religious. I just dislike the way he goes about it.

Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Then we go back to my original argument. What purpose does it serve to take a knee in front of a packed stadium? Your scripture states "everything by prayers and supplication".... not "everything by prayers and supplication in front of large crowds so everyone can attest to your love of God and be amazed by your Christianity". The quote of Matthew in the pic is not in contradiction to your reply... if anything, it is in total agreement. Yes... pray, but don't make a spectacle of yourself with it.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 09:59 PM
One of the fun things about the Bible is that I can find a verse which will refute any religion based criticism you have about him. I think he makes "casual Christians" very uncomfortable because he causes them to question their own commitment to the tenets of their faith. I think he also makes a lot of people jealous because when they see someone who is so obviously trying to fulfill his fullest potential it causes them to realize that they aren't. It can be a bitter pill to swallow for some people.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Then we go back to my original argument. What purpose does it serve to take a knee in front of a packed stadium? Your scripture states "everything by prayers and supplication".... not "everything by prayers and supplication in front of large crowds so everyone can attest to your love of God and be amazed by your Christianity".

What purpose does prayer serve? If it does serve a purpose, isn't it more honest to do it when the spirit moves you regardless of what's going on around you? I'm not saying it's smart to stop and pray in the middle of traffic. I'm saying that this is appropriate for someone with his belief system, and that he would be praying regardless of how many people were watching.

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:04 PM

edit:

Since when do we decide how others "go about it"? that's just another reason for the need of the first amendment, and the founding of this country.

bottom line is, the media has been all over this guy, when all he is doing is going against the current social grain, and the haters can't get enough...because in reality, it says more about them than him.

Setsuna
01-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Hey guys. I walked past him when I was at UF. I played it cool and didn't even look at him. I'm proud of myself.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:05 PM
One of the fun things about the Bible is that I can find a verse which will refute any religion based criticism you have about him. I think he makes "casual Christians" very uncomfortable because he causes them to question their own commitment to the tenets of their faith. I think he also makes a lot of people jealous because when they see someone who is so obviously trying to fulfill his fullest potential it causes them to realize that they aren't. It can be a bitter pill to swallow for some people.

You didn't refute anything I stated or quoted.

If your comment is implying that I feel uncomfortable with my faith because of Tebow... I can tell you that you are dead wrong. Also, if you are implying that I am a "casual Christian", I would say that you likely don't have the foggiest idea as to my relationship with God or how much time I have spent studying the bible and self reflection.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Since when do we decide how others "go about it"? that's just another reason for the need of the first amendment, and the founding of this country.

bottom line is, the media has been all over this guy, when all he is doing is going against the current social grain, and the haters can't get enough...because in reality, it says more about them than him.

Yeah, as I see it he is exercising his right as an American to freely express his religion. More power to him.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:07 PM

I don't get to decide how he goes about it. He makes that decision. That said the book of Matthew clearly has something to say on the subject though. Also, I'm not allowed to form an opinion based on my understanding of the bible? Do I have to go to your church or believe as you do in order to have a valid opinion about religion?

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I would say that you likely don't have the foggiest idea as to my relationship with God or how much time I have spent studying the bible and self reflection.

yet, you can't give him the same benefit of the doubt?

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:10 PM
You didn't refute anything I stated or quoted.

If your comment is implying that I feel uncomfortable with my faith because of God's anointed NFL disciple... I can tell you that you are dead wrong. Also, if you are implying that I am a "casual Christian", I would say that you likely don't have the foggiest idea as to my relationship with God or how much time I have spent studying the bible and self reflection.

No, you are taking my comments too personally. I was speaking in a generic sense about why there seem to be so many "haters". I did refute your Bible quote:

This is a clear call to use prayer in your everyday life. His everyday life happens to take place on a football field, in front of cameras and microphones. Why should he change just because people are watching him? The kid has integrity, and I respect him for it.

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't get to decide how he goes about it. He makes that decision. That said the book of Matthew clearly has something to say on the subject though. Also, I'm not allowed to form an opinion based on my understanding of the bible? Do I have to go to your church or believe as you do in order to have a valid opinion about religion?

noone has said your opinion isn't valid. but look at what you're saying...does he have to go to your church or believe as you do in order to express his faith in a what you deem a valid manner?

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:14 PM
yet, you can't give him the same benefit of the doubt?

Sure. That doesn't mean I have to agree with him and the way he goes about things. How is that difficult to understand?

I am supposed to keep quiet because I have a dissenting opinion from other Christians? I'm not judging the guy... I believe he is a fine Christian and a stand up young man. I disagree with how he carries himself when it comes to religion... am I not entitled to say so? Or can I only speak my mind if I am extolling the glory of God?

Bugeater
01-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I think this thread is officially Holy Land material now.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Sure. That doesn't mean I have to agree with him and the way he goes about things. How is that difficult to understand?

I am supposed to keep quiet because I have a dissenting opinion from other Christians? I'm not judging the guy... I believe he is a fine Christian and a stand up young man. I disagree with how he carries himself when it comes to religion... am I not entitled to say so? Or can I only speak my mind if I am extolling the glory of God?

No, absolutely not. We're just having a discussion. I strongly believe that freedom of religion is our birthright as American citizens.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:19 PM
No, you are taking my comments too personally. I was speaking in a generic sense about why there seem to be so many "haters". I did refute your Bible quote:

This is a clear call to use prayer in your everyday life. His everyday life happens to take place on a football field, in front of cameras and microphones. Why should he change just because people are watching him? The kid has integrity, and I respect him for it.

I agree... pray every day in life. I disagree that his every day life takes place in front of 80k people in the stadium and millions on tv. That is 4 hours of his day, one day a week, and then only 16(ish) weeks out of the year. His life happens everywhere else, that is his job.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
I agree... pray every day in life. I disagree that his every day life takes place in front of 80k people in the stadium and millions on tv. That is 4 hours of his day, one day a week, and then only 16(ish) weeks out of the year. His life happens everywhere else, that is his job.

You can pray at work too.

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:22 PM

you are absolutely judging him...and you're defending it....and you obviously have a problem with it..and it is your problem, not his.

the rest of your post is just silly.... quit trying to put other's responses in an overdramatic, sarcastic framework that doesn't even exist.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:22 PM
You can pray at work too.

I don't work in front of 80k people and millions on TV. There is a grand difference. That is why, imho, it falls back to Matthew 6:5.

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
His life happens everywhere else, that is his job.

....and the Bible tells you to approach your job (work) in what manner?

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't work in front of 80k people and millions on TV. There is a grand difference. That is why, imho, it falls back to Matthew 6:5.

If you worked in front of 80k people perhaps you wouldn't feel comfortable praying. He does. In fact he does it by himself, he does it in small groups far away from the camera, he does it during his charity work, he does it during his missionary work, he just does it because it's part of who he is. He's an Evangelical Fundamentalist Christian. He doesn't separate his faith from anything going on around him, regardless of the circumstances.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:27 PM
you are absolutely judging him...and you're defending it....and you obviously have a problem with it..and it is your problem, not his.

the rest of your post is just silly.... quit trying to put other's responses in an overdramatic, sarcastic framework that doesn't even exist.

No, I am not and I'm sorry you feel that way.

I have an opinion on his actions based on how I understand scripture. Am I wrong for having that opinion or only for stating it publicly?

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:30 PM
....and the Bible tells you to approach your job (work) in what manner?

No, my work does and I respect that. I also, personally, hold that work and religion are best kept separate. Obviously his work doesn't and he is well within his rights to do so. It doesn't mean I have to like it or agree with it.

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 10:30 PM
Miss Brett Favre yet?

I do. His Messianic Complex was at least Football Related. And he backed it up most of the time.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:32 PM
Here's another:

Psalms 3

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: </td></tr><tr><td>3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. </td></tr><tr><td>3:3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: </td></tr><tr><td>3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man</td></tr></tbody></table>

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I have an opinion on his actions based on how I understand scripture. Am I wrong for having that opinion or only for stating it publicly?again nobody is saying you aren't entitled.... look up opinion on websters site.

you don't know what is in his heart, therefore the verse you quoted is moot...pretty sure that verse applies to people whose were engaging in said activity for their own personal gain..

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:37 PM
No, my work does and I respect that.

look it up.

Spott
JFC

listopencil

If you look back a bit at Matthew 5:16 the Bible says:

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

listopencil
01-13-2012, 10:40 PM
again nobody is saying you aren't entitled.... look up opinion on websters site.

you don't know what is in his heart, therefore the verse you quoted is moot...pretty sure that verse applies to people whose were engaging in said activity for their own personal gain..

The first line in the verse that was quoted contains the main point of the verse: "When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are." The pic is implying that he is being hypocritical when he prays and it is caught by a camera man. From what I can tell he is not.

Upon Edit: stevieray covered this.

pr_capone
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
again nobody is saying you aren't entitled.... look up opinion on websters site.

you don't know what is in his heart, therefore the verse you quoted is moot...pretty sure that verse applies to people whose heart has/had alterior motives.

You said I was judging him and I take exception to that. I have an opinion and made a comment.

It is obvious that we are going to disagree on this so instead of going back and forth... we should just agree to disagree and move on.

Bambi
01-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Tomorrow's game might be the highest rated NFL game, not including Super Bowls, in history.

deal with it

stevieray
01-13-2012, 10:51 PM
You said I was judging him and I take exception to that. I have an opinion and made a comment.

It is obvious that we are going to disagree on this so instead of going back and forth... we should just agree to disagree and move on.judgment is synonymous with opinion...and in the context we are discussing, no?

Bump
01-13-2012, 10:59 PM
160 per hour? I bet chiefsplant triples that number.

cdcox
01-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Jimmy Fallon just sang a TT version of Major Tom.

Setsuna
01-13-2012, 11:58 PM
160 per hour? I bet chiefsplant triples that number.

Truth.

Psyko Tek
01-14-2012, 12:18 AM
We should use God's anointed NFL disciple as a verb in every sentence.

you mean like I so Tebowewd that

definition:

I really got lucky, and somebody else pulled my ass out of the fire

Guru
01-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Jimmy Fallon just sang a TT version of Major Tom.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NHB0o9lCizQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO

Mile High Mania
01-14-2012, 05:19 AM
I haven't been able to read all of this...

But, it's funny (or rather sad really) to see how people who claim they do not believe in God use bible references to throw back in someone's face, telling them how they should act.. according to the bible.

You don't like TT, the Broncos or God - fine... that's your deal.

You obviously don't mind all the other types of "look at me celebrations" that players do, but you don't like these... all I can says is get over it. Nobody can control what the networks cover.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Tomorrow's game might be the highest rated NFL game, not including Super Bowls, in history.

deal with it

Well, the nutbags can go back to watching Larry Rice after this curbstomping.

Pioli Zombie
01-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Im a Patriots fan but if they have to lose let it be to Tebow so I can at least enjoy all the peoples heads explode at Tebow being one game away from leading the Broncos to the Super Bowl. CP would be absolutely hilarious!!!