PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I was originally gonna post this in the "Cassel Sucks" thread, but...

Frankie
01-12-2012, 10:56 PM
... I want to focus on this one aspect of the Cassel problem. If you want to post a general "Cassel sucks" reaction, please post it in that other thread. If this thread is gonna be otherwise short, so be it. Less just focus on this:

I, like many of you, have the opinion that the Cassel experiment should be over. That said though, the only argument on his behalf that I cannot shake is the one about him, under the old system, receiving the plays with only a few seconds to implement them. I can see that can rattle a QB, leading to inability to read the D efficiently, general loss of poise, and inaccuracy.

How much of this is, IYO, a legit argument? If it actually is a legit argument, then should the Chiefs not give the guy one more season to prove himself?

Tell you what, I'm gonna make this into a poll. Be honest about your vote and don't let your bias vote for you.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Cassel sucks

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
... I want to focus on this one aspect of the Cassel problem. If you want to post a general "Cassel sucks" reaction, please post it in that other thread. If this thread is gonna be otherwise short, so be it. Less just focus on this:

I, like many of you, have the opinion that the Cassel experiment should be over. That said though, the only argument on his behalf that I cannot shake is the one about him, under the old system, receiving the plays with only a few seconds to implement them. I can see that can rattle a QB, leading to inability to read the D efficiently, general loss of poise, and inaccuracy.

How much of this is, IYO, a legit argument? If it actually is a legit argument, then should the Chiefs not give the guy one more season to prove himself.

Tell you what, I'm gonna make this into a poll. Be honest about your vote and don't let your bias vote for you.

GODDAMMITTT

Bugeater
01-12-2012, 10:58 PM
The other thread is better.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 10:59 PM
This poll better be fucking public.

Bugeater
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE OTHER THREAD?

Frankie
01-12-2012, 11:00 PM
This poll better be ****ing public.

Thought about it but it really doesn't need to be. If folks vote, they probably will talk about how they voted and why.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Thought about it but it really doesn't need to be. If folks vote, they probably will talk about how they voted and why.

Yeah, but how will I know who to have killed? THERE'S ONE ALREADY.

LiveSteam
01-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Frankie's mom has 2 vagina's

Phobia
01-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Plays coming in late don't cause a guy to be a statue in the pocket. He has limited mobility. If you're a slow thinker and slow on your feet and have a slow release... you don't belong in this league - especially as a $10,000,000 starting QB.

jd1020
WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO THE OTHER THREAD?

Cassel > Other thread.

kysirsoze

Since when do mods do the "delete this thread" thing??? That's unAmerican.

Bugeater
Seriously, the mods NEVER delete threads. What the fuck is up with that?

Phobia

It broke apart in mid-air.

Chiefspants
In my opinion, he should have at least another two years to prove himself, remember, Priest Holmes arrived in Kansas City when he was 31 years old.

/Mark Castle.

Jive Ass
01-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I voted somewhat, but not enough to keep him. He's a backup and that's it. I don't care if he stays on the team, he just better not start.

kysirsoze

You deleted the thread AND stole Lumpy's joke???

Lumpy

The thread broke apart in mid-post. I covered this in the thread that is no more.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:04 PM
I voted somewhat, but not enough to keep him. He's a backup and that's it. I don't care if he stays on the team, he just better not start.

When the culling starts, you might survive.

Phobia

Prove any of it.

jd1020

Really? You want a backup locking up 5.5/7.5/9mil of the teams payroll?

Lumpy

:# That's my joke and you ruined it!

Phobia
01-12-2012, 11:05 PM

Besides, that's not Lumpy's joke. That's a gift that has been bestowed upon the entire Planet for eternity... or at least until Frankie's ticker breaks apart in mid-air.

Phobia
01-12-2012, 11:06 PM
:# That's my joke and you ruined it!

I don't know what you're talking about. Why are you copying all my material?

Bearcat
Seriously, the mods NEVER delete threads. What the **** is up with that?

It was deleted in mid-reply (that's not a joke, it really was), and I thought the same thing...

Jive Ass

I made absolutely no comment about his ludicrous salary.

Chiefspants
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM

Meh, would you rather him be starting? Hell, I'd pay Cassel double that just to see his vacant expression behind a clipboard, God knows we have the money for it.

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:07 PM

Carlos Mencia??

Lumpy
01-12-2012, 11:08 PM

First you take my poker money and now this. I just don't know you anymore. :harumph:

Btw, I used "mid-post" and you used "mid-air"... totally different. :p

boogblaster
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
curbside bj's is his only talent ..... thread over ......

BCD
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Frankie's mom has 2 vagina's

I hit it 2 times!

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I hit it 2 times!

I was going to, but I had just fapped.

ChiefsNow
01-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Where is the It was stupid to give him the huge contract but we are stuck with him now choice ?

jd1020
01-12-2012, 11:11 PM
I made absolutely no comment about his ludicrous salary.

You said that he was a backup and wouldn't mind keeping him on the team...

kysirsoze
01-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Where is the It was stupid to give him the huge contract but we are stuck with him now choice ?

It was unnecessary because that has no bearing on the situation.

Wait, are you Clark Hunt?

Simply Red
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Seriously, the mods NEVER delete threads. What the **** is up with that?

Frankie PM'd Bob Dole and promised beer money.

BCD
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
At least 2 people should die in a fire

Frankie
01-12-2012, 11:15 PM

I was gonna agree with him before you brought up this point. Yes, I would like to keep Cassel as a game managing back up, but at a pay cut. That said, I voted #2 given the fact that there is not much realistic solutions out there this year. I was on the fence between 2 and 3 though.

NJChiefsFan
01-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Yeah, but how will I know who to have killed? THERE'S ONE ALREADY.

You know one isn't LAChiefsfan since he will be voting for option 1.

I took, like most will, he needs to go. I would say that the situation you describe does not help and probably does hurt a QB, especially one like Cassel. Thing is, even without the issue, he still has all the same problems. Maybe they are made worse, but either way they are still there.

Buck
01-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Without reading any of the other posts in this thread...

A. Every single QB in the league receives a play with less than 40 seconds to implement it. Probably around 20 seconds on average I would guess.

B. Regardless of the time it takes to properly be prepared for a play, once that play starts, and you spot a man wide open, and overthrow or underthrow him with the consistency of Castle, that whole time preparation shit doesn't matter.

Good night.

kysirsoze
01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
The problem with this thread, REALLY, is it attempts to isolate one massive failing of Cassel, explain it away, and then use that explanation as a grounds for whether or not people want Cassel to stay on as the QB.

He just sucks, OK? We all know it. Let's just move on or post in the big Cassel sucks thread.

SNR
01-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Without reading any of the other posts in this thread...

A. Every single QB in the league receives a play with less than 40 seconds to implement it. Probably around 20 seconds on average I would guess.

B. Regardless of the time it takes to properly be prepared for a play, once that play starts, and you spot a man wide open, and overthrow or underthrow him with the consistency of Castle, that whole time preparation shit doesn't matter.

Good night.<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E7TGlcHy3ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck
01-13-2012, 12:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E7TGlcHy3ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is that the dude from Deadwood and Ferris Buehler's Day Off?

Fuck I need to watch Amadeus, I bought it on Blu-Ray over 2 years ago and haven't watched it yet.

SNR
01-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Is that the dude from Deadwood and Ferris Buehler's Day Off?

Fuck I need to watch Amadeus, I bought it on Blu-Ray over 2 years ago and haven't watched it yet.Holy shit, it is. Ed Rooney is Emperor Joseph II.

Amadeus is a good watch if you ever start to feel like a failure in life. And I mean that in a good way. It plants this determinist seed in your brain that helps you get over the shitty parts of reality. Chiefs fans should be able to relate to it quite easily, actually.

Guru
01-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Cassel sucks

sucks should be an auto-entry every time Cassel is typed.

Fritz88
01-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Those who voted for him to be here next year should be lynched.

Dick Bull
01-13-2012, 04:16 AM
I find it humorous when fans begin to talk about players salaries as if it had any impact on them. I.e. "I'd like to keep this player but not at 5 million a year."

Bane
01-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Again I say anyone that comes to the defense of Casshole is a terrorist.Looks like Pisoli hand cuffed Romeo to him as well,never saw that coming.:harumph:

Kyle DeLexus
01-13-2012, 05:51 AM
I find it humorous when fans begin to talk about players salaries as if it had any impact on them. I.e. "I'd like to keep this player but not at 5 million a year."

that's 5 million a year that could be spent on a player that is actually productive and could improve the roster. Plus, if you have someone like Cassel making more standing on the sidelines than current star players, what do you think their agents will say when it comes time to talk extension?

Chiefnj2
01-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think any QB who has very limited playing/starting experience is going to do well in a situation where he has had 5 different coordinators in 4 years.

Even with the instability around him, Cassel hasn't shown enough improvement from year 1 with the Pats to year 3 in KC. He took a step forward last year with Weis and a good supporting ground game, but completely regressed in 2011. Time to move on.

el borracho
01-13-2012, 07:33 AM
If you are a Chiefs fan and you still haven't seen enough of Cassel to know that he sucks then you probably never will.

durtyrute
01-13-2012, 07:47 AM
It is a small excuse but I don't think he should get another season. There is no fucking way we should pick Cassel over Orton.

Dayze
01-13-2012, 07:47 AM
if after 3 years as a full-time starter, and after surrounding you with talent, there is still a question as to whether or not you're a guy who can take you to the Super Bowl.....you're not.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't think any QB who has very limited playing/starting experience is going to do well in a situation where he has had 5 different coordinators in 4 years.

Even with the instability around him, Cassel hasn't shown enough improvement from year 1 with the Pats to year 3 in KC. He took a step forward last year with Weis and a good supporting ground game, but completely regressed in 2011. Time to move on.

The one year he actually played decent was under Weis and by all accounts, Weis thinks he's a completely lost cause.

Dick Bull
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
that's 5 million a year that could be spent on a player that is actually productive and could improve the roster. Plus, if you have someone like Cassel making more standing on the sidelines than current star players, what do you think their agents will say when it comes time to talk extension?

To date I don't know that this is remotely a concern.

Chiefnj2
01-13-2012, 08:17 AM
The one year he actually played decent was under Weis and by all accounts, Weis thinks he's a completely lost cause.

By all accounts = 1 rumor. Personally, I still don't buy it, or at the very least even if Weis didn't believe in Cassel, he was able to call an offense that best utilized Cassel's skills/strengths.

Bwana
01-13-2012, 08:40 AM
He needs to be kicked to the curb.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq295/rcoiteux/Kick20Butt20ass20swift20kicking.gif (http://www.sodahead.com/entertainment/is-abdullah-the-butcher-the-most-hardcore-pro-wrestler-ever/question-1610033/)

Douche Baggins
01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Occam's razor sliced Cassel's jugular against Miami and Denver.

Jive Ass
01-13-2012, 08:43 AM
You said that he was a backup and wouldn't mind keeping him on the team...

You're right, but I don't think he deserves the salary he's gotten. He's obviously not that caliber of a player. What I meant is that I didn't talk about his salary because my only point was to isolate his skill set. I think he'd be a fine backup regardless of what his pay situation is in its current state. All in all, I just don't want to see him start, but if the Chiefs are going to keep him he might as well be the backup in some capacity.

BCD
01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Occam's razor sliced Cassel's jugular against Miami and Denver.

LMAO @ your sig

Mr. Kotter
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Plays coming in late don't cause a guy to be a statue in the pocket. He has limited mobility. If you're a slow thinker and slow on your feet and have a slow release... you don't belong in this league - especially as a $10,000,000 starting QB.

Should have been the end of this thread....

Frankie
01-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Should have been the end of this thread....

I have seen QBs with less mobility and slower release do reasonably well in this league. I still don't necessarily want Cassel nor any of the aforementioned QBs as our starter, but would Cassel do better without the burden of not having to read Ds in short seconds?

whoman69
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
By all accounts = 1 rumor. Personally, I still don't buy it, or at the very least even if Weis didn't believe in Cassel, he was able to call an offense that best utilized Cassel's skills/strengths.

The big rumor that came out when Haley was fired was that it was not Weis who worked with Cassel, but Haley. This team has had no QB option for the last three years. Cassel has skills/strengths?

whoman69
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
I have seen QBs with less mobility and slower release do reasonably well in this league. I still don't necessarily want Cassel nor any of the aforementioned QBs as our starter, but would Cassel do better without the burden of not having to read Ds in short seconds?

If this is a valid excuse then Palko should not have been able to read the Ds either. I didn't even see Cassel try to adjust coverages. He doesn't have that skillset to read a defense. He goes to his primary receiver and if that isn't open its the checkdown. The weak point in our line was at right tackle which means that unless Cassel is looking left, the rush should be in front of him and he should avoid it. Cassel just didn't have any pocket presence except the wet your pants reaction.

Demonpenz
01-13-2012, 01:10 PM
The broke apart in mid-air isn't played out yet for me. LMAO

KC Tattoo
01-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Cassel needs to get the fuck out, then we can tebow

BCD
01-13-2012, 01:18 PM
The big rumor that came out when Haley was fired was that it was not Weis who worked with Cassel, but Haley. This team has had no QB option for the last three years. Cassel has skills/strengths?

Dude, nj2 refuses to completely let go of Cassel and thinks Weis is a God.