PDA

View Full Version : Football Fisher New Coach of the Rams

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Sara_WalshSara Walsh

And here it is: Adam Schefter reports Jeff Fisher to the Rams.

Rooster
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Colorado State......didn't see that one coming.

Claynus
01-13-2012, 12:03 PM
The NFC West is on notice. A storm is coming.

Fritz88
01-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Indifferent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Claynus
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
In related news, Steven Jackson moves to the top of fantasy draft boards.

whoman69
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Still no official announcement and many sources saying he is closer to signing with the Dolphins.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 12:06 PM
Still no official announcement and many sources saying he is closer to signing with the Dolphins.

Dude it's everywhere.

boogblaster
01-13-2012, 12:07 PM
well he's got a QB there .. so he might take the job ......

DaKCMan AP
Peter King confirms.

durtyrute
http://img.memecenter.com/uploaded/Not-A-single-F-Was-Given-That-Day_44c0398c9fba1b56bdecc02d41fa7bec.jpg

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Congrats RamsFan

Chiefs Pantalones
That's a big duh right there. Of course he's going where the QB is. He's smart.

BoneKrusher
good for the Rams i guess.

notorious
01-13-2012, 12:09 PM
To the Chumpionship!

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
The Lambs are now significantly better than the Chiefs, just by Fisher's presence alone.

Fisher + a healthy Bradford + plenty of cap space to upgrade the roster around Bradford + the #2 overall pick= a bright future.

Pants
01-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Meh.

DeezNutz
01-13-2012, 12:11 PM
It's a very good hire for the Rams. Wish he were coming to KC.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Sara_WalshSara Walsh

And here it is: Adam Schefter reports Jeff Fisher to the Rams.Didn't he lose the Super Bowl to the Rams? Irony.

Your exaggerated man love for Fisher = Your exaggerated disdain for McCluster

Now class, what's the operative word in the above statement?

Chocolate Hog
It's a very good hire for the Rams. Wish he were coming to KC.

Sarcasm.

Mr. Flopnuts

it's on ESPN.com.

penguinz
01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
The Lambs are now significantly better than the Chiefs, just by Fisher's presence alone.

Fisher + a healthy Bradford + plenty of cap space to upgrade the roster around Bradford + the #2 overall pick= a bright future.:spock:

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 12:13 PM
So let's be clear... the Romeosexuals are content with Romeo and his career losing record which means they are content with Cassel since Romeo is the only puppet who is willing to keep Cassel for 2012.

That is what the Romeosexuals endorse when they fanatically opposed Jeff Fisher.

Epic Fail 007
01-13-2012, 12:15 PM

Its on NFL net dummy wake up!:banghead:

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
So let's be clear... the Romeosexuals are content with Romeo and his career losing record which means they are content with Cassel since Romeo is the only puppet who is willing to keep Cassel for 2012.

That is what the Romeosexuals endorse when they fanatically opposed Jeff Fisher.

Take your collection of mults and GTFO...

DeezNutz
01-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Sarcasm.

Honestly, no. I would have welcomed him in KC.

If the choices are Fisher or RAC, it's the former and it's not close. I simply think that JF has been inaccurately painted as Herm II.

-King-
01-13-2012, 12:18 PM

I suppose we should be cheering for a coach with 6 winning seasons out of 16 huh?

Shit Romeo Crennel is just like Fisher. 1 winning season every 4 years.

Chocolate Hog

If the choices are Fisher or RAC, it's the former and it's not close. I simply think that JF has been inaccurately painted as Herm II.

I agree with you i'd rather have Fisher than RAC. Fisher will assemble a much better coaching staff as well.

Mr. Flopnuts

LMAO Are you borderline retarded? Do you think NFL teams are run like wild west shootouts? The way you act like coaches have more power than front office personnel has me seriously wondering if I've been picking on Corky from Life goes on he the last couple of months.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Goddamn, I've never seen a fanbase more impressed with mediocrity.

-King-
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Herm had 4 winning seasons in 8 years. Fisher had 6 in 16.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
I suppose we should be cheering for a coach with 6 winning seasons out of 16 huh?

Shit Romeo Crennel is just like Fisher. 1 winning season every 4 years.

Fisher= Playoffs/Super Bowl appearance
Romeo= Zero Playoff/Super Bowl appearances as HC.

It shouldn't be hard to find a HC that has a more accomplished resume than the Chiefs franchise the past 20+ years, but Fat Scott has managed to find a HC with less playoff appearances/wins than the Chiefs have.

Chocolate Hog

Fisher has been to the playoffs 6 more times than RAC.

Claynus
Goddamn, I've never seen a fanbase more impressed with mediocrity.

WTF do you think Romeo is?

Who else is out there?

At the very least, Fisher would have promoted change.

DeezNutz
01-13-2012, 12:21 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<()>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Herm fan!!! (hockey light and horn above)

DeezNutz
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Step one: hire Fisher and limit Pioli's power and influence.
Step two: profit.

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Who else is out there?

And groomed some impressive coaches Munchak, Schwartz, Washburn, etc.

Mile High Mania
01-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Good luck with all that...

KCChiefsFan88
LMAO Are you borderline retarded? Do you think NFL teams are run like wild west shootouts? The way you act like coaches have more power than front office personnel has me seriously wondering if I've been picking on Corky from Life goes on he the last couple of months.

LMAO JFC you are a dumbshit.

You have never heard of HC's have more power than front office personnel?

Seriously?

Are you that dense?

-King-
Step one: hire Fisher and limit Pioli's power and influence.
Step two: profit.

Step three: Have 16 years of mediocrity! Yay!

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 12:24 PM

Who else is out there?

Fisher would have ended the Cassel fiasco almost immediately.

Romeo celebrates Cassel.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:26 PM

Romeo celebrates Cassel.

ROFL

Kerry Collins.

You're taking dumbass to an all new low.

WhiteWhale

Who else is out there?

I'm not exactly ecstatic about Romeo.

I'm also not ecstatic about blowing up the entire team (which would be done) when all we really need is some depth and a QB.

I'm not ecstatic about bringing in a coach who's biggest claim to fame was holding down Air McNair as a professional and turning him into 'game manager mcNair.

I don't want a coach who tried, for two years, to get fired.

I don't want a coach who starts an inferior QB just to stick it to the owner (Haley did that and it pissed you off) in said attempt to get fired.

Fisher is a sleaze.

Mr. Flopnuts

Seriously?

Are you that dense?

Yeah, and Clark is going to sign Jeff right up over Pioli. :drool:

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Good luck with all that...

Good luck with THAT...

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2012/01/12/Praise God!bradyx-inset-community.jpg
http://www.internetmonk.com/wp-content/uploads/tim-Praise God!-denver-broncos_thesuitewolrd-300x235.jpg
http://www.sportsgrindent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Praise God!2.jpg

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 12:27 PM

Romeo celebrates Cassel.

Speculation isn't evidence, nor is it fact.

DaKCMan AP
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
ROFL

Kerry Collins.

You're taking dumbass to an all new low.

I don't know. He's already the standard by which all dumbasses are measured.

Chocolate Hog

Do we know it was all Fisher? I seem to like the checks and balances between Fisher & Pioli. 2 bright football minds that just needed to be checked.

WhiteWhale

Seriously?

Are you that dense?

HC's do not have more power for acquiring talent than GM's.

Your lack of knowledge would embarrass someone who wasn't brain damaged.

-King-
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
I'd much rather have Pioli making personnel decisions than Fisher. You guys act like Fisher has ever built a great team ROFL . He just gets a good RB and then runs him to the ground. That's his offense.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Do we know it was all Fisher? I seem to like the checks and balances between Fisher & Pioli. 2 bright football minds that just needed to be checked.

2 stubborn egos that would rip our team apart.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:30 PM

Fisher was never considered because he wants more power than the GM is willing to give.

Moot point...

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM

You take one playoff win (AFCC game/SB) away from Fisher and he's got a WORSE record than Marty...

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM
You take one playoff win (AFCC game/SB) away from Fisher and he's got a WORSE record than Marty...

Yeah, and considering one of his wins was complete bullshit, it's not unfair to hold him to that.

BigCatDaddy
01-13-2012, 12:33 PM

Seriously?

Are you that dense?

Denser than a door knob!

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah, and considering one of his wins was complete bullshit, it's not unfair to hold him to that.

Do we take away 1 of Pioli's rings too?

Micjones

Fisher + a healthy Bradford + plenty of cap space to upgrade the roster around Bradford + the #2 overall pick= a bright future.

The same Jeff Fisher that has had 6 winning seasons in 20 as a Head Coach?

KCChiefsFan88
Yeah, and Clark is going to sign Jeff right up over Pioli. :drool:

Clark gave more power to Herm and took power away from Carl during the end of the Carl/Herm era so there is precedent.

Rausch

His W/L is far worse than Marty.

FAR WORSE.

Just giving him credit due for making the big game...

-King-
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Do people really get excited when you look at the Titans draft history? http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2100&type=team

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Do people really get excited when you look at the Titans draft history? http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2100&type=team

Do people get excited when the look at Crennel's tenure in Cleveland?

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Fisher was never considered because he wants more power than the GM is willing to give.

Moot point...

yep, if the chiefs were going to do that then Clark should go beg Cowher to be the new HC

notorious
01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
50/50 = ROFL

WhiteWhale
Do we take away 1 of Pioli's rings too?

First of all... who cares? Pioli was a 2nd fiddle personnel guy.

If you want to do that, okay.

Now Pioli has 2 SB rings and Fisher now makes Marty look like Belichick.

Detoxing
I'd much rather have Pioli making personnel decisions than Fisher. You guys act like Fisher has ever built a great team ROFL . He just gets a good RB and then runs him to the ground. That's his offense.

Big time this.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
yep, if the chiefs were going to do that then Clark should go beg Cowher to be the new HC

And CP would riot but it would be the best coaching move made since Stram...

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM

Exactly. Both Cowher and Gruden would be better candidates than Fisher.

Fisher is a poor man's Cowher.....and he's not even good at being that....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Clark gave more power to Herm and took power away from Carl during the end of the Carl/Herm era so there is precedent.

Clark HATED Carl. Clark HIRED Pioli. See the difference.

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Exactly. Both Cowher and Gruden would be better candidates than Fisher.

Fisher is a poor man's Cowher.....and he's not even good at being that....

yep :thumb:

Claynus
01-13-2012, 12:43 PM

His drafts are better than Carl's. Pick out any year you can probably find three good players. If you're hitting on three guys every year on average you're doing OK.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:45 PM

No. Only Dumbass's would.

At least with Crennel, if he fails, he'll be out the door in 2-3 years. Fisher would hang around for 5+ just off of name alone.

This is same the guy that said something to the effect of 'having Gunther cunningham coaching his linebackers is like having Van Gogh paint a portrait in his house'

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
His drafts are better than Carl's. Pick out any year you can probably find three good players. If you're hitting on three guys every year on average you're doing OK.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

His drafts were better than Carl's....BRILLIANT

Way to set the bar there, Clay.

Bravo.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Stop...

Claynus
01-13-2012, 12:47 PM
This is same the guy that said something to the effect of 'having Gunther cunningham coaching his linebackers is like having Van Gogh paint a portrait in his house'

So? Gunther is an outstanding linebackers coach.

Shitty DC, but there's nothing wrong with that comment.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:49 PM

No. No he is not.

WTF did he ever get out of our LB's? He sure did do a great job of developing DJ....

WTF did he ever get out of the Titan's LB's that wasn't already there?

Detroits LB's are nothing to write home about either....

The only thing Gunther has done is not make his players WORSE. He sure as **** doesn't get credit for development.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 12:50 PM
IMO a lot of you under value Fisher as a HC. The great thing about sports is that we will get to judge whether this is true or not over the next couple of years.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Excellent.

Nope...

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
IMO a lot of you under value Fisher as a HC. The great thing about sports is that we will get to judge whether this is true or not over the next couple of years.

Fisher will make the Rams better. But when you win only 2 games, that's not very hard.

I have no doubt that Fisher will make the Rams a consistent 7 to 9 win team.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
IMO a lot of you under value Fisher as a HC.

He was a less effective Marty than Marty.

He did hit the SB but on the other hand he underachieved and missed the playoffs a number of years with talented teams.

He peaked with McNair and his MVP season...

notorious
01-13-2012, 12:54 PM

We are experts on Fisher because we had the better version of him here in KC.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Enjoy your run of 8 - 8 seasons with the occasional playoff run St. Louis.

And Steven Jackson enjoy your last two years in the NFL cause Fisher is gonna kill ya.

Cave Johnson
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM

A 9-7 juggernaut.

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
No. No he is not.

WTF did he ever get out of our LB's? He sure did do a great job of developing DJ....

The only thing Gunther has done is not make his players WORSE. He sure as **** doesn't get credit for development.

Keith Bullock?

vailpass
01-13-2012, 12:57 PM
A little whistling past the graveyard going on here?

tk13
01-13-2012, 12:59 PM

Most Chiefs fans have been scarred by Marty. I wouldn't say I was excited about him but I don't think he's the coward he's portrayed as on here at all. His teams play physical football and he understands you must have good QB play to win. Plus he still has something to prove unlike Cowher or Gruden. You could do worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lightrise
01-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Wonder if the Bucs bring back Marty...I would have preferred Marty for a short term solution.

OnTheWarpath58
01-13-2012, 01:00 PM
The following is an excerpt from Nick Athan is a Retard, Part 1,234,654.

Coaching Update:

1. Jeff Fisher - From what we're told by THREE separate NFL sources is that Jeff Fisher has agreed to become the next Head Coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. From a contractual standpoint the deal is in place and all it needs is signatures. Fisher has what he wants as far as Salary and assurances from Clark Hunt that money in free agency, player acquisitions, draft, etc won't be an issue. However, it's NOT 100% that Fisher will sign the contract. Here's why!

There are other teams in which Fisher has an interest and there is still some things to be ironed out in regards to the coaching situation with the Chiefs. Once those are done, there should not be any more roadblocks. The Job is Fisher's if he wants it.

Now the report from Jack Harry at KSHB TV 41 about Fisher not being impressed with the Chiefs Ownership (i.e. Clark Hunt) could NOT be farther from the truth. Not calling out my mentor but that's simply not the case. I have no IDEA who Jack Harry's sources are in this matter but I've been working the Fisher front since the Chiefs began 0-3.

I'm in two deep and NOTHING from what I'm told suggests the report has any legs to it at all.

So it's either to throw us off the scent or someone in the Chiefs organization does not want Fisher. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

I'm told that on Monday a final decision will be made and that the acceptance of the job by Fisher will have NOTHING to do with whatever transpires on Saturday after all the games are complete. My understanding is that things will stay on the down low in regards to Fisher unless the Chiefs are eliminated from playoff contention this weekend.

Right now I'd put Fisher's chances of becoming the next head coach up from 50% to 75%.

This is from right before Christmas. Good grief.

Rausch
A 9-7 juggernaut.

The odd thing is the 49'rs keep adding talent.

They aren't like the 90's Bengals just throwing picks into the pit and getting jack and squat out. They're finding players. They're coaching them up.

Their defense is a CB, S, and legit DC away from being absolutely dominant. Their offense, with a legit QB, would be explosive.

They are US, only a more talented version of US...

Detoxing
Keith Bullock?

Is the LB i was thinking of, but IIRC was already coming on the season before Gunther arrived.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 01:01 PM
No. No he is not.

I don't make a habit of defending Gun, but did you ever see the linebackers outside of Bullock in Tennessee? It was a rotation of crappy players playing far over their ability.

Yeah, he totally failed DJ imo. Can't argue that one at all.

BigMeatballDave
01-13-2012, 01:06 PM

LMAO

Cave Johnson
01-13-2012, 01:24 PM

They aren't like the 90's Bengals just throwing picks into the pit and getting jack and squat out. They're finding players. They're coaching them up.

Their defense is a CB, S, and legit DC away from being absolutely dominant. Their offense, with a legit QB, would be explosive.

I'd throw in a receiver as well...... Crabtree's a terrible WR1.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

I can see Peyton going to San Fran if he should leave the Colts.

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 01:26 PM

Why isn't the Niners DC legit? Only gave up 1 rushing TD all year.

notorious
01-13-2012, 01:28 PM
SF's Head Coach has it figured out.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 01:31 PM
SF's Head Coach has it figured out.

Seems like it. Longevity is often elusive, time will tell if his style translates to consistently motivated teams or burn out.
My money is on the former.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Why isn't the Niners DC legit? Only gave up 1 rushing TD all year.

Honestly?

I look back to the game they played vs. the Bengals where they should have pressured them and just swallowed them up on defense.

The could have. They didn't and they were very lucky to win that game.

The only reason I can think of is they didn't feel they had the secondary to "cash the check."

That front 7 was crushing the pocket and for the most part snuffing the running game. The Bengals would get 1 or 2 runs PER QUARTER over 6 yards after banging non-stop.

For some reason all game long the 49'ers played off and gave them yards.

That said, as the season went on, that defense has tightened up like a hungry snake in SE Asia...

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Only 10m this year but in 2013 45m

Demonpenz
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I like how Fisher has been called HERM II been labeled conservitive. He called the game winning Latteral on the Music City Miracle when lots of coaches would have just ran it up the Gut to end the game.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
I like how Fisher has been called HERM II been labeled conservitive. He called the game winning Latteral on the Music City Miracle when lots of coaches would have just ran it up the Gut to end the game.

Uh... that was a kick return with no time remaining. No coach would have done what you say. Nobody is going to run it up the gut to run out the clock and lose in the playoffs. That's... just completely ridiculous.

Amnorix
01-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I do think Fisher is a good coach. Glad he didn't go to the Dolphins. His Titans teams were pretty tough for a long while there. Think Floyd Reese deserves some of that credit too, but he's not going there, so we'll see. Not sure if Fisher is all that as de facto GM, which I assume he will be.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
LMAO

Dumbshit Dave and the rest of his loser Romeosexuals won't be laughing when they are mired in an epic pile of 4-12 Romeo-fail next year at this time.

WhiteWhale
01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Dumbshit Dave and the rest of his loser Romosexuals won't be laughing when they are mired in an epic pile of 4-12 Romeo-fail next year at this time.

Yes, after the awesome Jeff Fisher goes 19-0 we'll all bow down and acknowledge it, because hindsight is 50/50

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Dumbshit Dave and the rest of his loser Romosexuals won't be laughing when they are mired in an epic pile of 4-12 Romeo-fail next year at this time.

WTF does Romeo's fail have to do with Jeff Fisher?

Get his cock out of your mouth FFS.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I can see Peyton going to San Fran if he should leave the Colts.

Possibly.

But the same could be said for a lot of teams.

KCChiefsFan88
WTF does Romeo's fail have to do with Jeff Fisher?

Get his cock out of your mouth FFS.

Romeo's fail could have been prevented if the Chiefs hired Jeff Fisher.

Now the Chiefs are going to waste 2-3 miserable years under Romeo.

Messier

These Romeosexuals are gonna be sorry next year! Who gets the last laugh? Fisher! When he's got the Rams in the NFC championship game, and Romeo-fail (awesome!) is home watching on TV!

Messier
01-13-2012, 02:14 PM

Don't waste your time on these Romeosexuals. Just enjoy the Rams run to the Super Bowl!!!

Rausch
01-13-2012, 02:17 PM

This is why we had a vote on banning mults...

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:24 PM
FUCK YES!

Setsuna
Why was this posted? Rams aren't even in division let alone the AFC. Of course no one is saying shit about it. Pathetic.

Rams Fan
Congrats RamsFan

Gracias.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM
What's both funny and pathetic is that Fisher and Romeo will BOTH be sitting on the couch next January. And the January after that too.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Opposed to 5 miserable years under Fisher?

WTF difference does it make?

6 Winning seasons in 16 years?

Are you ****ing kidding me, man?

What about that screams quality HC to you?

WTF has he done that is so great that you can't get his balls off your chin?

Was it his high flying offense?

His ability to develop a great QB?

His Vaunted Defense?

His winning percentage?

His Mustache?

What?

WTF is it?

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:27 PM
I love this hire.

No more 1st time HCs fucking everything up.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh, and please keep the tackle picture up.

Pretty please.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Possibly.

But the same could be said for a lot of teams.

I don't see that many teams that might possibly be attractive to Manning. Then again I have absolutely no way to know what he is thinking; I'm just giving my slapdick intraweb guy opinion.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I'll take an average of 8 wins per season over 3 seasons instead of 3.3 wins over 3 seasons.

Predarat
01-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Wishing him all the best in his latest venture to accelerate the Rams Organization to mediocrity.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Wishing him all the best in his latest venture to accelerate the Rams Organization to mediocrity.

Mediocrity>Shittiness

vailpass
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM

Hi pot, I see you've met kettle.

Brock
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
They'll be a pretty solid team pretty quickly, I think. But I thought that when they hired that last guy too.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
They'll be a pretty solid team pretty quickly, I think. But I thought that when they hired that last guy too.

The downfall of Spags was him having final say over the 53 man roster, as well as being as 10-38.

Spags cut draft picks. Kroenke, the owner, wants to build through the draft.

If Spags had kept the draft picks, and maybe had a few more wins this season, I don't think he would have been fired.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll take an average of 8 wins per season over 3 seasons instead of 3.3 wins over 3 seasons.

You can remember your last Super Bowl win. I wasn't even alive.

So GTFO.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 02:55 PM
The downfall of Spags was him having final say over the 53 man roster, as well as being as 10-38.

If Spags had kept the draft picks, and maybe had a few more wins this season, I don't think he would have been fired.

On talk radio they were saying that after having been through the ove with the Oilers, Fisher did not want to ever go through a move again. This was one reason they said could prevent him from taking the Rams job with the rumors of them going to LA.
What are they saying in St. Louis about the Rams possibly leaving? Anything?

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
What are they saying in St. Louis about the Rams possibly leaving? Anything?

It has been brought up, sure, but in the end, it seems like there is a good chance that the Dome will be renovated.

The Rams owner, Kroenke, is from Missouri and helped bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. That's why I find it hard to believe that he'd move them to LA.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
You can remember your last Super Bowl win. I wasn't even alive.

So GTFO.

I haven't said that I, or any Rams fan, can't say that we weren't spoiled in 1999-2004.

Do Chiefs fans deserve better? Yes.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 03:03 PM
It has been brought up, sure, but in the end, it seems like there is a good chance that the Dome will be renovated.

The Rams owner, Kroenke, is from Missouri and helped bring the team to St. Louis in 1995. That's why I find it hard to believe that he'd move them to LA.

I'm a Colorado sports fan, I know the Kroenkes real well. Which is why people don't have any trouble believing he'd chase the buck if St.Louis doesn't cough up. FWIW I'd hate to see St. Louis lose a team even though it would be justice if the LA Rams were the LA Rams again. Maybe you guys could get your Cardinals back.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm a Colorado sports fan, I know the Kroenkes real well. Which is why people don't have any trouble believing he'd chase the buck if St.Louis doesn't cough up. FWIW I'd hate to see St. Louis lose a team even though it would be justice if the LA Rams were the LA Rams again. Maybe you guys could get your Cardinals back.

I just find it hard to believe that he'd move the Rams back to LA. That's all.

I understand that the NFL is a business, and Kroenke is a businessman, but because of where he's from, him helping bringing the Rams to St. Louis, I just find it hard to believe that he would.

vailpass
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I just find it hard to believe that he'd move the Rams back to LA. That's all.

I understand that the NFL is a business, and Kroenke is a businessman, but because of where he's from, him helping bringing the Rams to St. Louis, I just find it hard to believe that he would.

I hear you and don't doubt for a minute he'd rather keep the team in his home town. Throw together a winning season or two, get a stadium bill passed and bingo there you go.

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 03:19 PM
I hear you and don't doubt for a minute he'd rather keep the team in his home town. Throw together a winning season or two, get a stadium bill passed and bingo there you go.

Yep.

Okie_Apparition
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
The turncoat has been busy taking offers & peddling the #2 to Seattle

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
evansilvaEvan Silva

Per SI's Peter King, the #Rams are "expected" to hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator under Jeff Fisher. http://is.gd/m0Ixq0

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM

LOL, dont doubt for a minute that stan wants to take that team to LA.

he looks at it like a challenge, he wants them there, he thinks he can make it work

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
evansilvaEvan Silva

Per SI's Peter King, the #Rams are "expected" to hire Gregg Williams as defensive coordinator under Jeff Fisher. http://is.gd/m0Ixq0

huh? doesnt he work for the saints?

whoman69
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
evansilvaEvan Silva

New Orleans would let him walk?

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM

he was born in columbia

Okie_Apparition
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Kurt Schottenheimer is next

Brock
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
huh? doesnt he work for the saints?

Last year of contract.

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Last year of contract.

got ya.

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2012, 03:41 PM
he was born in columbia

Kroenke grew up in your part of the world. He is a Benton County boy. Hell I know his wife's family and her brother-in-law's family pretty good. Kroenke's mother in law is a very nice lady. Not really the picture of the greedy Walton family that is shown by the media.

BigMeatballDave
01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Dumbshit Dave and the rest of his loser Romeosexuals won't be laughing when they are mired in an epic pile of 4-12 Romeo-fail next year at this time.

Its nice to know you have a big stiffy for me!

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Kroenke grew up in your part of the world. He is a Benton County boy. Hell I know his wife's family and her brother-in-law's family pretty good. Kroenke's mother in law is a very nice lady. Not really the picture of the greedy Walton family that is shown by the media.

LOL you arent telling me anything i dont know, i was actually at the wedding when his daughter got married...

the MIL still lives in versailles

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
LOL you arent telling me anything i dont know, i was actually at the wedding when his daughter got married...

the MIL still lives in versailles

I forgot she married a Warsaw guy. I know his Mil personally.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frosty
01-13-2012, 04:20 PM
In related news, Steven Jackson moves to the top of fantasy draft boards.

In other related news, Steven Jackson just got his career shortened.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 05:34 PM

Mediocrity>Shittiness

Mediocrity is like being the middle child of three. None of the benefits of either position and all the heartache.

Did any of the draft picks he cut have a NFL career afterward?

Easy 6
01-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Stephen Jacksons workload just went through the roof, he'll be total toast by the end of this season.

On the plus side for Fisher, he now has a bona-fide, super accurate pocket passer... it'll be interesting to see how he's used, i fear that Sam will NEVER have a real WR to throw to.

Fisher just cant pick them at all.

Backwards Masking
01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
awesome St Louis is gonna average 4-12 for at least another 3-5 years.

Easy 6
01-13-2012, 05:43 PM
On second thought, Jeff... just send Sam over to us & you can get some bullshitter like Collins.

O.city
01-13-2012, 05:50 PM
How bad was the coaching pool this year, that Jeff Fisher was the most sought after guy.

tk13
01-13-2012, 07:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_dolphins_stephen_ross_jeff_fisher_01312

Or as one source said of Fisher, he told (Dolphins owner Stephen) Ross at one point, ďIíve been a head coach for 17 years and 12 of them sucked because I had to fight for what I wanted.Ē In other cases, he had to fight against what he didnít want.

Fisher never wanted to draft quarterback Vince Young with the No. 3 overall pick in 2006. He knew Young was a project so fraught with problems (both physical and mental) that making it work was more difficult than imaginable. Instead, Adams, the man who felt like he was forced to move the franchise from his hometown of Houston, wanted to take fellow Houston native Young in order to get some convoluted form of revenge.

In the process, Adams also cut quarterback Steve McNair, a true team leader, and a guy who could have helped Young get better. Aside from Earl Campbell, McNair might be the greatest player Adams has ever had. Yet, when Adams got a younger option, McNair was tossed aside with zero regard.

---

Thatís why, when Fisher was dealing with Ross, he was strident about what he needed. He didnít necessarily want to get rid of Ireland. He was comfortable with Ireland assessing players. He also didnít have a problem with Carl Peterson being around, even if Peterson has an extremely close relationship with Ross despite having no formal title with the Dolphins. It was Peterson (not Ireland) who reportedly approached Jon Gruden on the Dolphins behalf and Peterson who has sat in on every head coach interview the team has done, according to multiple sources.

However, when it came down to it, Fisher wanted the final say. He wanted the power to shape the roster how he saw fit. He wanted to know he could sign certain players to long-term contracts when necessary and spend on critical free agents.

He wanted stability in the organization from a football standpoint. Those are things Ross should want. Yet Ross fails to see stability even when itís staring him in the face.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 08:09 PM
Opposed to 5 miserable years under Fisher?

WTF difference does it make?

6 Winning seasons in 16 years?

Are you ****ing kidding me, man?

What about that screams quality HC to you?

WTF has he done that is so great that you can't get his balls off your chin?

Was it his high flying offense?

His ability to develop a great QB?

His Vaunted Defense?

His winning percentage?

His Mustache?

What?

WTF is it?

Seriously?

Fisher rebuilt the Oilers/Titans franchise from scratch and led them to the Super Bowl and very nearly winning the Super Bowl.

He drafted and developed a franchise QB in Steve McNair.

He drafted and developed several star players in Tennessee including Jevon Kearse, Eddie George and Chris Johnson.

He did all of this while working for an owner... Bud Adams who is unstable in a Al Davis kind of way.

Basically Fisher has done things... win an AFC Championship/go to a Super Bowl, win playoff games, draft and develop a franchise QB that the Chiefs haven't done since Len Dawson/Hank Stram.

The dumbshit haters who want to hate Fisher have their karma... it is called Romeo Crennel.

O.city
01-13-2012, 08:10 PM
IMO I don't think coaches should necessarily have that responsibility

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
This is why we had a vote on banning mults...

Are you going to ban yourself then?

You sound like a mult representing the Romeosexual PR machine.

Prove otherwise.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Seriously?

Fisher rebuilt the Oilers/Titans franchise from scratch and led them to the Super Bowl and very nearly winning the Super Bowl.

He drafted and developed several star players in Tennessee including Jevon Kearse, Eddie George and Chris Johnson.

He did all of this while working for an owner... Bud Adams who is unstable in a Al Davis kind of way.

Basically Fisher has done things... win an AFC Championship/go to a Super Bowl, win playoff games, draft and develop a franchise QB that the Chiefs haven't done since Len Dawson/Hank Stram.

The dumbshit haters who want to hate Fisher have their karma... it is called Romeo Crennel.

Ok, let's take these one by one shall we? And again as I have noted multiple times I have lived in Nashvegas for the past 8 years and saw Fisher first hand.

Yes this is true and Fisher did this during the Clinton admin, plus it took a trick play (aka The Music City Miracle) to get out of the first round. Since that playoff run Fisher's playoff record is 2 -6.

Again, he did this during the Clinton admin. And when the team drafted VY, not defending the pick mind you, Fisher acted like a petulant child. When he said either VY or him the team cut VY and Fisher still quit.

True, but I would argue that Kearse and George were "no miss" talents. CJ was quite the pick up. And if you notice CJ's stats his yardage had dropped every year since Fisher (ak went all Herm Edwards) ran him to death when CJ hit 2,000+ yards.

Umm...no. While Bud Adams is a dirtbag he is not even in the same solar system as Al Davis. In fact I would pose that Adams allowed Fisher to keep the same vet team together longer than he should have which put the Titans in cap hell.

Yes he did, once and never again. And the fanbase is full of what most on this board would tag as "true fans". The Titans rank 2nd behind UT & SEC football down here.

I am not thrilled about Romeo's hiring as the head coach but dude your love for Fisher is somewhat misguided. Fisher had never had "great" teams but he has never had any truly awful teams, just a lot of mediocre teams. He's Marty 2.0.

Actually that's not true. Marty could take a 6 - 10 team and make them a 10 - 6 team (see the Chiefs' during the 90's) whereas Fisher can take a 12 - 4 team and make them 8 - 8.

SNR
01-13-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm laughing my ass off at 50/50 and other Fisher fans who desperately wanted him in KC.

#1. Our defense has JUST made the transition to a permanent 3-4 structure. It's no longer a hybrid, and it's pretty damn good the way it is. Switching it back after years of improving it to this point is just stupid. Plus, the young players on this D aren't done improving yet. We have yet to see how fucking good this defense can be. A 4-3 guy like Fisher would force us to possibly acquire radically new and different talent.

#2. Fisher isn't going to do shit for this franchise if we don't find a franchise QB. And newsflash! Crennel ain't gonna do shit without a franchise QB, either. Oh me oh my!

O.city
01-13-2012, 09:18 PM
We already have the franchise qb, God Bless America. Stanzimania.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 09:23 PM
We already have the franchise qb, God Bless America. Stanzimania.

I want this to be true so badly.

Of course I wanted this to be true for Mike Elkins and Matt Blundin too. :D

SNR
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Players expected to improve next year:

Houston
Belcher
Berry
Bailey
Lewis (probably)
Jackson (possibly.. his stock is definitely on the rise and probably hasn't plateaued yet)
Powe (okay, shot in the dark that he'll make any kind of impression on the team, but you never know...)

That ain't bad at all. We're gonna get REEEALLLY scary good on defense.

SNR
01-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Are you going to ban yourself then?

You sound like a mult representing the Romeosexual PR machine.

Prove otherwise.LMAO LMAO LMAO

Make it stop!

O.city
01-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Players expected to improve next year:

Houston
Belcher
Berry
Lewis (probably)
Jackson (possibly.. his stock is definitely on the rise and probably hasn't plateaued yet)
Powe (okay, shot in the dark that he'll make any kind of impression on the team, but you never know...)

That ain't bad at all. We're gonna get REEEALLLY scary good on defense.

I think Bailey will only get better.

If we happened to pick up Hightower in the second I would JIMP

SNR
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Bailey's been added.

I'm leaving Jalil Brown off the list for now just because he'd need some kind of injury to Flowers, Carr, Arenas (hell, even Daniels) just to see the field as a corner.

O.city
01-13-2012, 09:42 PM
I like Brown as a st'er. Hope Pioli doesn't view him as a replacement for Carr.

MahiMike
01-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Well St Louis won here. I was surprised he didn't go to Miami.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 10:22 PM
I'm laughing my ass off at 50/50 and other Fisher fans who desperately wanted him in KC.

#1. Our defense has JUST made the transition to a permanent 3-4 structure. It's no longer a hybrid, and it's pretty damn good the way it is. Switching it back after years of improving it to this point is just stupid. Plus, the young players on this D aren't done improving yet. We have yet to see how ****ing good this defense can be. A 4-3 guy like Fisher would force us to possibly acquire radically new and different talent.

#2. Fisher isn't going to do shit for this franchise if we don't find a franchise QB. And newsflash! Crennel ain't gonna do shit without a franchise QB, either. Oh me oh my!

Jeff Fisher has a track record of drafting and developing a franchise QB... Steve McNair.

Romeo? Say hello to Brady Quinn. Of course drafting a legit franchise QB won't be a "problem" for Romeo in KC since he is more than willing to serve as Fat Scott's puppet and keep Fat Scott's Cassel wet dream alive.

On another, somewhat related topic... let's see how long SNR lasts now that his buttsex buddy, Hamas has been eliminated.

We know before that SNR would curl up like a little bitch and hide behind Hamas.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Well St Louis won here. I was surprised he didn't go to Miami.

Miami's organizational structure is a mess.

Ross is a clown, Jeff Ireland is a joke and Dictator Carl is behind the scenes trying to make a power play against Ireland.

Also Fisher can win faster in the NFC West.

SNR
01-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Jeff Fisher has a track record of drafting and developing a franchise QB... Steve McNair.

Romeo? Say hello to Brady Quinn. Of course drafting a legit franchise QB won't be a "problem" for Romeo in KC since he is more than willing to serve as Fat Scott's puppet and keep Fat Scott's Cassel wet dream alive.

On another, somewhat related topic... let's see how long SNR lasts now that his buttsex buddy, Hamas has been eliminated.

We know before that SNR would curl up like a little bitch and hide behind Hamas.What would Fisher have done if he signed with Kansas City? Put together a package of draft picks to go get Luck or RGIII? Possible. One problem though.

HE WOULDN'T BE IN CHARGE OF TRADES ON FUCKING DRAFT DAY

SNR
01-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Tell you what KCChiefsfart50/50, I'll make you a deal.

I'll go kill Sam Bradford after draft day, so both Romeo and Fisher are given teams without franchise QBs for at least one season.

I'll bump this thread after a couple seasons to see how both coaches are doing. My guess is they're both going to be miserable pukes until either one draft a QB or fall ass over teakettle into one (incase Stanzi pans out for the Chiefs).

Frankie
01-13-2012, 10:50 PM
I want this to be true so badly.

Of course I wanted this to be true for Mike Elkins and Matt Blundin too. :D

I go farther back,.... David Jaynes. :(

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I'll go kill Sam Bradford after draft day, so both Romeo and Fisher are given teams without franchise QBs for at least one season.

I shall be standing there with a machete, waiting for you.

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I shall be standing there with a machete, waiting for you.Don't worry. 50/50's too big of a pussy. There's no way he'll take that deal.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
What would Fisher have done if he signed with Kansas City? Put together a package of draft picks to go get Luck or RGIII? Possible. One problem though.

HE WOULDN'T BE IN CHARGE OF TRADES ON ****ING DRAFT DAY

Hamas' personal enema misses the point... as expected.

Jeff Fisher wouldn't put himself in a situation where he was Fat Scott's puppet in KC and didn't have a say in being able to draft a franchise QB.

Fisher would never have allowed himself to be anchored down by Cassel.

That is why Fisher isn't in KC... he didn't want to be Fat Scott's puppet.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Tell you what KCChiefsfart50/50, I'll make you a deal.

I'll bump this thread after a couple seasons to see how both coaches are doing. My guess is they're both going to be miserable pukes until either one draft a QB or fall ass over teakettle into one (incase Stanzi pans out for the Chiefs).

LMAO

Fisher is going to destroy Romeo in every way possible.

Just like you are being whored in EPIC fashion.

Let's recap... you were BEGGING for Hamas to stay on this message board.

What dude begs another dude to stay on a message board? Seriously?

You should shrink-wrap your genitals and brand the words WHORED on your forehead after that epic fail.

You are a BITCH.

You are a flaming pile of vagina dripping with whored juice.

You are owned.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Don't worry. 50/50's too big of a pussy. There's no way he'll take that deal.

LMAO

Hamas' dick wants to compare Fisher vs Romeo only if Bradford is removed from the equation.

Talk about a vagina-caliber WHORE.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Don't worry. 50/50's too big of a pussy. There's no way he'll take that deal.

Fisher vs Romeo... both teams fully intact. No taking Bradford out of the equation.

That is the deal.

You seriously are asking for an advantage?

Your boy Romeo has a 7-9 team. Fisher is inheriting a 2-14 team.

That is how little faith you have in Romeo vs. Fisher?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:29 PM
LMAO

Fisher is going to destroy Romeo in every way possible.

Just like you are being whored in EPIC fashion.

Let's recap... you were BEGGING for Hamas to stay on this message board.

What dude begs another dude to stay on a message board? Seriously?

You should shrink-wrap your genitals and brand the words WHORED on your forehead after that epic fail.

You are a BITCH.

You are a flaming pile of vagina dripping with whored juice.

You are owned.He's going to destroy Romeo because he's got a fucking QB you fucking idiot. That's the only reason why. He's still a shit coach whose playoff record is barely better than Marty's in nearly TWICE the coaching span. Oh, and that's WITH two drafted franchise QBs. Give Romeo a team for 16 years and I'll bet his playoff record will look similar.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:32 PM
He's going to destroy Romeo because he's got a ****ing QB you ****ing idiot. That's the only reason why. He's still a shit coach whose playoff record is barely better than Marty's in nearly TWICE the coaching span. Oh, and that's WITH two drafted franchise QBs. Give Romeo a team for 16 years and I'll bet his playoff record will look similar.

Fisher would never have allowed himself to be anchored down by Cassel... why is Romeo? Is he too gutless to stand up to Fat Scott? Did he realize that because of his TERRIBLE resume in Cleveland that the only way he was going to get a HC job was to become a puppet to Fat Scott?

Answer that question... DUMBSHIT.

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:35 PM
LMAO Jeff Fisher is a moron football coach, not Howard fucking Roark you piece of shit.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:36 PM
And for a good laugh here is SNR getting down in the "I am about to give Hamas a blowjob position" and BEGGING... BEGGING another guy on an online message board to stay!

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Hamas, if you're reading this, **** "honor" and all this meaningless crap. Nobody gives a shit if you keep your word, and everybody here wants you back posting.

The draft forum needs you. The drafturbators need you. You are a source of truth for a team that still thinks Super Bowls can be won with Trent Dilfer clones at QB.

Please don't do this to yourself.

Link: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8277757&postcount=68

What are you going to do without Hamas now that he's been eliminated?

Are you going to jack off to his past posts? Are you going to tape a cut-out of his avatar to your Romeo blow up doll?

How do you live down crying like a little BITCH over Hamas being eliminated?

You FAIL, DUMBSHIT.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:37 PM
LMAO Jeff Fisher is a moron football coach, not Howard ****ing Roark you piece of shit.

He's smart enough to not enter a situation where he's anchored down by Cassel.

Your boy Romeo? Not so much.

Another fail on your part, DUMBSHIT.

LMAO

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 11:38 PM
LMAO Jeff Fisher is a moron football coach, not Howard ****ing Roark you piece of shit.

:sulk:

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:41 PM
:sulk:
I just think 50/50's description of him as a Nietzsche super human is fucking ridiculous.

JASONSAUTO
01-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Fisher would never have allowed himself to be anchored down by Cassel... why is Romeo? Is he too gutless to stand up to Fat Scott? Did he realize that because of his TERRIBLE resume in Cleveland that the only way he was going to get a HC job was to become a puppet to Fat Scott?

Answer that question... DUMBSHIT.

Has he allowed himself to be anchored down? We dont know that yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 11:46 PM
I just think 50/50's description of him as a Nietzsche super human is ****ing ridiculous.

LMAO

It doesn't take a great mental genius to figure out that going into a situation where the GM is going to make you stay with a crappy QB like Cassel is a bad situation.

Only desperate coaches who know they have no future elsewhere as a HC would enter into such a shitty situation.

Enter Romeo.

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:48 PM
LMAO

It doesn't take a great mental genius to figure out that going into a situation where the GM is going to make you stay with a crappy QB like Cassel is a bad situation.

Only desperate coaches who know they have no future elsewhere as a HC would enter into such a shitty situation.

Enter Romeo.I really enjoy your takes on Romeo Crennel.

You have yet to tell me why Jeff Fisher is the next Vince Lombardi when he has a god awful record as a head coach over the course of 16 goddamn years.

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Me: Jeff Fisher sucks

You: YOU LOVE ROMEO CRENNEL WHO SUCKS EVEN WORSE

(I've never once expressed satisfaction with the Crennel hire)

Rams Fan
01-13-2012, 11:56 PM
I just think 50/50's description of him as a Nietzsche super human is ****ing ridiculous.

Fisher is the superhumanest coach ever.

SNR
01-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Fisher is the superhumanest coach ever.http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8196220&postcount=39

So your tune has changed?

BigMeatballDave
01-14-2012, 12:06 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8196220&postcount=39

lol wut

Rams Fan
01-14-2012, 12:21 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8196220&postcount=39

I wasn't being serious when I said he was the superhumanest coach ever.

I still believe he is mediocre, but should be able to at least bring some stability and success to the organization(8-8 is better than 2-14), and I'm okay with that. 10 seasons from now, I won't be.

Okie_Apparition
01-14-2012, 08:34 AM
One good season, hell even two, does not make a QB special
Why do people fall for this time & time again

SNR
01-14-2012, 09:43 AM
I wasn't being serious when I said he was the superhumanest coach ever.

I still believe he is mediocre, but should be able to at least bring some stability and success to the organization(8-8 is better than 2-14), and I'm okay with that. 10 seasons from now, I won't be.What about your FUCK YES! when you initially posted in this thread? Do you view this as generally a positive hire, and that it's probably what is best for the Rams franchise?

milkman
01-14-2012, 10:00 AM

I'd rather waste 2 to 3 years in misery, with hope that things change for the better with a new GM and new coach that have championship potential than waste 10 years mired in mediocrity.

Mediocrity>Shittiness

No.

The Chiefs have been shitty, and they have been the very epitome of mediocrity.

Mediocrity sucks more because management embraces it believeing that jus a tweak here or there will get raise you above mediocrity.

But it's the coach whose phlosophy that creates that mediocrity, not the talent on the field.

Frankie
01-14-2012, 11:01 AM
To 50/50, Clay, and the rest of Fisher worshippers:

FISHER IS NOT THE CHIEFS HEAD COACH!... GET OVER IT!!!

And for the record the majority of the posters here are glad he is not our HC.

We are dead tired of mediocrity.

GIVE ME CHAMPIONSHIPS OR GIVE ME HIGH DRAFT CHOICES!

SNR
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM
To 50/50, Clay, and the rest of Fisher worshippers:

FISHER IS NOT THE CHIEFS HEAD COACH!... GET OVER IT!!!

And for the record the majority of the posters here are glad he is not our HC.

We are dead tired of mediocrity.

GIVE ME CHAMPIONSHIPS OR GIVE ME HIGH DRAFT CHOICES!
http://www.practicalmanliness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Patrick-Henry-Orator.png

doomy3
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
**** YES!

I love this hire.

No more 1st time HCs ****ing everything up.

Embarrassing.

You spent weeks facepalming and talking about how much you didn't want Fisher.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Brian Schottenheimer could join the Rams

Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2012, 3:50 PM EST

AP
Jeff Fisher recently gave the Dolphins and their fans the proverbial finger. Nick Saban once gave the Dolphins and their fans the proverbial finger. Now, the two men could be engaging in a tug of war for the coach who recently was let go by a man who in 2010 actually gave Dolphins fans the finger.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Fisher is interested in hiring former Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer. On Friday, Schottenheimer interviewed with Saban for the offensive coordinator position in Alabama.

Fisher’s contract still hasn’t been finalized. With an agreement in principle already in place, Fisher has received authorization to begin putting together his staff.

In St. Louis, Schottenheimer would be responsible for getting quarterback Sam Bradford to play more like he did as a rookie under Pat Shurmur than Bradford played in his second season, under Josh McDaniels.

milkman
01-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Damn.

We missed the chance to have Brian Schottenheimer as the OC.

Jeff Fisher is awesome.

Okie_Apparition
01-14-2012, 05:42 PM
ROFL

Chocolate Hog
01-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Good thing we didn't hire Fisher.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-15-2012, 08:46 AM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Former Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer meeting today in Nashville with Rams HC Jeff Fisher about becoming STL's offensive coordinator

-King-
01-15-2012, 08:51 AM
ROFL

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Great googly moogly. The league is fucking retarded. No matter how much you fail, you'll always have a job in the good ole boys network. Lil Shotty running the offense will make Ramsfan quite angry one would think.

Rams Fan
01-15-2012, 08:56 AM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Former Jets OC Brian Schottenheimer meeting today in Nashville with Rams HC Jeff Fisher about becoming STL's offensive coordinator

http://memegenerator.net/instance/13248657

Frankie
01-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Fisher, HC
Brian Schottenheimer, OC
Kurt Schottenheimer, DC

That would be the optimum of hilarity. The only thing funnier would have been if it happened to Denver or Oakland.

SNR
01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Fisher, HC
Brian Schottenheimer, OC
Kurt Schottenheimer, DC

That would be the optimum of hilarity. The only thing funnier would have been if it happened to Denver or Oakland.Bring in Marty as a player personnel senior advisor or whatever it was Parcells did in Miami for awhile.