PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 02:50 PM
2 minutes ago - by Bob Gretz - Crennel will interview coaches on playoff teams for OC
For the position of offensive coordinator, coach Romeo Crennel says he has his eyes on several candidates who are coaching in the playoffs. “We’ve got some candidates we’ve got lined up that we’re going to talk to in the next week here,” Crennel said. “Then, we’ll see what’s the best fit for us and we’ll do what’s best for the Chiefs.”

talastan
01-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Okay which OCs on current playoff teams are from the Parcells tree? Outside of NE of course.

Carlota69
01-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Okay which OCs on current playoff teams are from the Parcells tree? Outside of NE of course.

I cant imagine an OC on a playoff team making a lateral move to us. Im thinking QB coach or Oline coach?

Mr. Arrowhead
01-13-2012, 03:01 PM
QB coach from Green Bay maybe?

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Alright, let the lists begin!

Dayze
01-13-2012, 03:06 PM
McDaniels.

lol

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 03:07 PM
it wont matter if Cassel is starting.

Jive Ass
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Muir is probably in the dozing playoffs with his geezer friends. I say we keep him.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 03:08 PM

UNLESS

our new OC takes one look at Cassel and declares that Stanzi has far more upside....

I know, I know....I'm grasping for anything here.....

Mr. Laz
01-13-2012, 03:09 PM
hey ... this is a good thing.

At least that means that he is considering guys other than Muir and Carthon etc.

talastan
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
UNLESS

our new OC takes one look at Cassel and declares that Stanzi has far more upside....

I know, I know....I'm grasping for anything here.....

This is exactly why I'm for reaching outside of the "tree". I want someone to give Cassel and any other QB on our squad an unbiased and non-personal evaluation.

Mr. Laz
01-13-2012, 03:10 PM
repostx11111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

seriously, everyone knows ... enough.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Al Saunders is the perfect OC option.

talastan
01-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Al Saunders is the perfect OC option./ CP circa 2003

FYP ;)

Setsuna
01-13-2012, 03:18 PM
Take McCoy as QB coach. He made Timmy T what he is!

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
repostx11111111111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

seriously, everyone knows ... enough.

sorry, couldnt help it.
the OC really wont matter if thats the case.

talastan
01-13-2012, 03:21 PM

I forgot about Mike McCoy, but wouldn't we have to promote him to Asst HC in order to bring him over? And what offense would we run, I'm assuming not the option offense that they run with Tebow now.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Seriously though, where is our list? Surprised no one has made a list of potential candidates that are in the playoffs considering this is the biggest news we've heard about the vacancy.

Who's left again?

Green Bay
N.O
NYG
SF

N.E
Balt
Dookies
Houston

ChiefsandO'sfan
I forgot about Mike McCoy, but wouldn't we have to promote him to Asst HC in order to bring him over? And what offense would we run, I'm assuming not the option offense that they run with Praise God! now.

That only works now if the team gives permission,and i don't see denver saying OK.

Dr. Facebook Fever
Forgive me for missing if I did... and I know it should be a moot question... but has Muir actually been fired yet?

Mr. Laz
01-13-2012, 03:24 PM
sorry, couldnt help it.
the OC really wont matter if thats the case.
so, sorry ... but repost the repost again?

OCD much

Micjones
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Tom Clements? Joe Lombardi?

Mike Solari? Kidding...

Mr. Laz
01-13-2012, 03:26 PM
Forgive me for missing if I did... and I know it should be a moot question... but has Muir actually been fired yet?
no, and he probably won't be until the new guy is found.

maybe Muir is going to retire and they are letting him take it on his own time?

maybe Muir will actually apply for the Oline coach for the new OC? :(

why fire until you have a replacement?

Carlota69
01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Apparently he is retiring.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Green Bay & New Orleans

Packers Edgar Bennett - Wide Receivers
James Campen - Offensive Line
Tom Clements - Quarterbacks
Jerry Fontenot - Running Backs
Joel Hilgenberg - Offensive Quality Control
Ben McAdoo - Tight Ends

Saints Bret Ingalls - Running Backs
Curtis Johnson - Wide Receivers
Aaron Kromer - Offensive Line/Running Game
Joe Lombardi - Quarterbacks
Carter Sheridan - Offensive Assistant/Wide Receivers

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM

OCD much

so, are you on Cassels bandwagon?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks Laz and Carlota

mlyonsd
01-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Apparently he is retiring.Apparently isn't enough. He needs to be gone just in case the 'search' doesn't turn up anything and we're stuck with him again.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Giants -
Jack Bicknell, Jr - Assistant Offensive Line Coach
Pat Flaherty - Offensive Line
Jerald Ingram - Running Backs
Mike Pope - Tight Ends
Sean Ryan - Wide Receivers
Mike Sullivan -Quarterbacks Coach
Kevin Gilbride Jr. - Offensive Assistant

49ers -
Geep Chryst - Quarterbacks Coach
Reggie Davis - Tight Ends Coach
Tim Drevno - Offensive Line Coach
Tom Rathman - Running Backs Coach

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Greg Knapp texans?

htismaqe
All we need to do is take a look at the staff of the Patriots - we'll be interviewing every position coach they have on offense.

Mr. Laz
so, are you on Cassels bandwagon?
no, we all want an upgrade.

I just don't understand why people have to post it in EVERY thread ... EVERY single one. :huh:

Heck, even college football threads have it ... pretty sure NFT have it.

Do you guys pour salt in any wound you get just to make sure you know it's still there?

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
no, we all want an upgrade.

good enough.

dallaschiefsfan
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
The typical/easy guesses are Lombardi and Clements. I'd be good with either.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Brian Ferentz was named tight ends coach for the 2011 season after spending 2010 as an offensive assistant coach. Under his direction, rookie tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez made a big impact.

LOL kirk kid

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Texans -
John Benton- Offensive Line Coach
Chick Harris - Running Backs Coach
Larry Kirksey - Wide Receivers Coach
Greg Knapp - Quarterbacks Coach
Brian Pariani - Tight Ends Coach
Frank Pollack - Assistant Offensive Line Coach

Ravens -
Wade Harman - Tight Ends Coach
Jim Hostler - Wide Receivers Coach
Andy Moeller - Offensive Line Coach
Wilbert Montgomery - Running Backs Coach

Donkeys -
Clancy Barone - Tight Ends
Brian Callahan - Quality Control - Offense
Adam Gase - Quarterbacks
Dave Magazu - Offensive Line

Pats -

DO NOT WANT!!!

Mr. Laz
01-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Brian Ferentz was named tight ends coach for the 2011 season after spending 2010 as an offensive assistant coach. Under his direction, rookie tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez made a big impact.

LOL kirk kid
i wouldn't be surprised to see somebody from the Pats get hire.

I imagine they want to keep the same offensive system in place and just try to coach it better.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Apparently isn't enough. He needs to be gone just in case the 'search' doesn't turn up anything and we're stuck with him again.

Major this.

KCUnited
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM

LOL kirk kid

Lol at Gronk getting jobs for guys ala Brady.

the Talking Can
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM

yeah...the willingness to roll the dice on a non-OC, non-patriot would be refreshing...and no I don't mean muir...

J Diddy
01-13-2012, 03:43 PM
no, and he probably won't be until the new guy is found.

maybe Muir is going to retire and they are letting him take it on his own time?

maybe Muir will actually apply for the Oline coach for the new OC? :(

why fire until you have a replacement?

Maybe Muir is taking a nap and they don't wish to wake him.

FringeNC
01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Pete Carmichael?

Fritz88
01-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Candidates from the 49ers are intriguing. They have a similar offense to ours in 2010 (shitty qb and a good running game) and their offense is doing enough to win games. On the other hands, GB and the Saints have elite QBs whom you don't really need much coaching to run offenses.

Detoxing
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Candidates from the 49ers are intriguing. They have a similar offense to ours in 2010 (shitty qb and a good running game) and their offense is doing enough to win games. On the other hands, GB and the Saints have elite QBs whom you don't really need much coaching to run offenses.

I wan't nothing to do with SF's coaches. They worked with Alex Smith. They may look at Cassel and think they can get the same type of Marginal, barely managing the game type of performances out of him and then proceed to build an offense around him.

Fuck that.

We need a guy who knows what an Elite QB looks like and won't settle for a game manager.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 03:47 PM

LOL kirk kid

He was a VERY good college player and has a superb football IQ. He was raised around football.

It's not surprising that he's considered an up-and-coming coach - he DESERVES to be.

Fritz88
01-13-2012, 03:53 PM
I wan't nothing to do with SF's coaches. They worked with Alex Smith. They may look at Cassel and think they can get the same type of Marginal, barely managing the game type of performances out of him and then proceed to build an offense around him.

**** that.

We need a guy who knows what an Elite QB looks like and won't settle for a game manager.

Those people who can squeeze the most out of the likes of Smith and Cassel will do wonders with people better than them.

Of course, without a QBoTF, nothing really matters. Therefore, I am assuming that we will try to get one in the next 2-3 years.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Al Saunders is the perfect OC option.

God you're fucking stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Fuck you, stupid.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
God you're ****ing stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

**** you, stupid.

LMAO

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Why is it funny about Brian Ferentz? The guy is widely regarded as one of the brighest young minds in the NFL.

He's had a ton of input in the Pats passing offense each week.

Laugh at him all you want, but the guy is going to be a big time coordinator in this league before long.

Rausch
01-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Why is it funny about Brian Ferentz? The guy is widely regarded as one of the brighest young minds in the NFL.

He's had a ton of input in the Pats passing offense each week.

Laugh at him all you want, but the guy is going to be a big time coordinator in this league before long.

Sorry, here I disagree with you STRONGLY...

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Sorry, here I disagree with you STRONGLY...

I've met and talked with Brian Ferentz. Frank is 100% dead-on about him. He's a bright guy and will be a very good coach some day.

Amnorix
01-13-2012, 04:00 PM
All we need to do is take a look at the staff of the Patriots - we'll be interviewing every position coach they have on offense.

None of them are ready for OC, or interested in OC, respectively. That's part of why our getting McDaniels back was so nice. Nobody else wanted (Scar) it or was ready for it (everyone else).

Rausch
01-13-2012, 04:01 PM
I've met and talked with Brian Ferentz. Frank is 100% dead-on about him. He's a bright guy and will be a very good coach some day.

Off the field Haley comes off like a kitty-cat.

And FTR I'm not saying he's a Haley...

Alton deFlat
01-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe Muir is taking a nap and they don't wish to wake him.

He's probably waiting on Haley to show him how to use the phone.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
None of them are ready for OC, or interested in OC, respectively. That's part of why our getting McDaniels back was so nice. Nobody else wanted (Scar) it or was ready for it (everyone else).

Doesn't matter if they're ready or not, Scott will take them. Anything to get a branch from The Tree™.

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Off the field Haley comes off like a kitty-cat.

And FTR I'm not saying he's a Haley...

Off the field, Haley also comes off as kind of a dope. He also never played college football.

Ferentz not only played college football, he was a multi-year starter.

There's really no comparison between the two.

FringeNC
01-13-2012, 04:08 PM

Yep, unless that assistant head coach crap is still allowed.

Okie_Apparition
01-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Crennel got the refs to actually watch Jordy Nelson closer
If he's got any clout at all with the refs after Haley & Vermeil's arrogance
he's already a step ahead

O.city
01-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Well atleast they are trying. If they hire someone outside the tree, i'll think alot higher of RAC.

Monty
01-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Giants -
Mike Pope - Tight Ends

49ers -
Tom Rathman - Running Backs Coach

ooohhh...Geep Chryst!! I only say that because his wife and I grew up together and Geep is a good guy who knows his stuff.

Wait...just remembered that he's been an OC before with SD and Ariz. with questionable results with Plummer and Leaf. :banghead:

ChiefsCountry
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Brian Ferentz would be intresting, the big downside to him is he is only 28.

dallaschiefsfan
01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
The thing I like about guys like Clements, Lombardi or even Brian Ferentz (though I have to plead ignorance on him), is that if they work out to be good OC's (i.e. demand a QB and call a good game), they present an in-house option for a young, up and coming future head coach beyond Romeo "the two year experiment" Crennel.

O.city
01-13-2012, 04:39 PM
I could see Ferentz happening. Pioli couldn't get dad so next best thing.

Maybe Ferentz would come in a levy for STANZI.

talastan
01-13-2012, 04:44 PM
My big "?" with Ferentz would be based on the fact that he was with the Pats in '08 during Matt Casshole's debut. Would he be willing to bench Cassel or would he further justify Pioli's blind faith in Cassel?

SPchief
01-13-2012, 04:47 PM
God you're fucking stupid.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Fuck you, stupid.

Just wait a few days and he'll be banned for atleast a week.

Okie_Apparition
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
An OC will want to move on to HC, or you shouldn't want him
Cassel is not the path to NFL team's lust

dallaschiefsfan
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM
My big "?" with Ferentz would be based on the fact that he was with the Pats in '08 during Matt Casshole's debut. Would he be willing to bench Cassel or would he further justify Pioli's blind faith in Cassel?

He's also Ferentz's son...so using that line of thinking, he could just as well be an advocate for Stanzi, right? Ultimately, if he's a responsible coach, neither of those facts will have anything to do with who we play. I would HOPE that he would want us to make the football decision...not the crony decision.

whoman69
01-13-2012, 04:53 PM
I cant imagine an OC on a playoff team making a lateral move to us. Im thinking QB coach or Oline coach?

Keep in mind that teams don't have to allow us an interview if he is still under contract. Position coach to coordinator is also considered a lateral move unless said coach is going to be asst. head coach.

O.city
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
I hope they do this right, we need a really good OC. Especially for Stanzi to flourish next year.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Keep in mind that teams don't have to allow us an interview if he is still under contract. Position coach to coordinator is also considered a lateral move unless said coach is going to be asst. head coach.

That doesn't work no more teams still have to say ok

Chris Meck
01-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Lombardi or Clements. That's my vote(s).

BoneKrusher
01-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Clements sounds pretty good.

SNR
01-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Lombardi and Clements are the guys who know QBs, so they get my vote.

Does Ferentz have any experience with quarterbacks? My hope is that we get a guy who's not just a yes man who will say, "JFC. Cassel is shit. We need a change."

TRR
01-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Off the field, Haley also comes off as kind of a dope. He also never played college football.

Ferentz not only played college football, he was a multi-year starter.

There's really no comparison between the two.

Come on now. Are you really trying to compare Brian Ferentz and Todd Haley. Haley has a multi-year record of success in the NFL be it at WR coach, OC or even as a Head Coach. Brian Ferentz was an average college lineman that played for daddy and got a job in the NFL because of daddy.

You don't have to play the game in college to be a good coach.
Posted via Mobile Device

SNR
01-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Come on now. Are you really trying to compare Brian Ferentz and Todd Haley. Haley has a multi-year record of success in the NFL be it at WR coach, OC or even as a Head Coach. Brian Ferentz was an average college lineman that played for daddy and got a job in the NFL because of daddy.

Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe if Haley played college ball he would have seen how much Tyler Palko sucks dick

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Awesome.

O.city
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Sarcasm Bo? Or for real?

Chocolate Hog
01-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Forreal. I like Clements, Philbin, and Ferentz any of the 3 are a homerun.

CaliforniaChief
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Between Reggie McKenzie's pending pillaging of the Packers' staff and other teams like us looking to replicate what the Pack have done, McCarthy might need a new staff next year.

stonedstooge
01-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Can't believe the Chiefs are saying they are interviewing for OC when they have never said the job was open.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 08:40 PM

That's why I'm rooting for the Saints and the Packers to lose so we can see if they'll interview Lombardi and Clements.

Mike Solari? Kidding...

Back as O-line coach. Why not? Where is he coaching BTW?

htismaqe
01-13-2012, 08:43 PM

Posted via Mobile Device

Did you happen to read the context of the conversation maybe?

SNR
01-13-2012, 08:52 PM
That's why I'm rooting for the Saints and the Packers to lose so we can see if they'll interview Lombardi and Clements.

Back as O-line coach. Why not? Where is he coaching BTW?Lombardi coaches for the Saints.

Unless you have a method of reviving Vince's corpse. Then I'm all ears.

KCChiefsFan88
01-13-2012, 09:15 PM

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

**** you, stupid.

The Al Saunders hatred continues.

There is still some secret Herm underground apparently lurking on this board.

mlyonsd
01-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Can't believe the Chiefs are saying they are interviewing for OC when they have never said the job was open.It's ok since Muir probably hasn't noticed. In fact, someone should check to see if he's at Arrowhead watching film and doesn't realize the season is over.

KC_Lee
01-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Consolidating all playoff teams' offensive coaches. I did not include the offensive coordinators since lateral moves are not allowed under NFL rules.

Packers
Edgar Bennett - Wide Receivers
James Campen - Offensive Line
Tom Clements - Quarterbacks
Jerry Fontenot - Running Backs
Joel Hilgenberg - Offensive Quality Control
Ben McAdoo - Tight Ends

Saints
Bret Ingalls - Running Backs
Curtis Johnson - Wide Receivers
Aaron Kromer - Offensive Line/Running Game
Joe Lombardi - Quarterbacks
Carter Sheridan - Offensive Assistant/Wide Receivers

Giants
Mike Pope - Tight Ends

49ers
Tom Rathman - Running Backs CoachTexans -
John Benton- Offensive Line Coach
Chick Harris - Running Backs Coach
Larry Kirksey - Wide Receivers Coach
Greg Knapp - Quarterbacks Coach
Brian Pariani - Tight Ends Coach
Frank Pollack - Assistant Offensive Line Coach

Ravens
Wade Harman - Tight Ends Coach
Jim Hostler - Wide Receivers Coach
Andy Moeller - Offensive Line Coach
Wilbert Montgomery - Running Backs Coach

Donkeys
Clancy Barone - Tight Ends
Brian Callahan - Quality Control - Offense
Adam Gase - Quarterbacks
Dave Magazu - Offensive Line

Pats

DO NOT WANT!!! NO MORE FRICKIN' TREE!!!!

O.city
01-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Clements, Lombardi, or Ferentz.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Can't believe the Chiefs are saying they are interviewing for OC when they have never said the job was open.

Happens all the time in the NFL.

I assure you Muir knows everything, this front office isn't classless like Carl "I fire people and they find out about it on ESPN" Peterson.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Clements, Lombardi, or Ferentz.

I wouldn't cry in my beer if we hired Mike Sullivan, either.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 09:52 PM

Hey stupid,

Al Saunders was promised to succeed Dick Vermiel as the head coach after he retired.

Herm was hired instead and Al left.

He will NEVER come back.

Shit, if he did I wouldnt really respect that decision.

Von Dumbass
01-13-2012, 09:55 PM
I forgot about Mike McCoy, but wouldn't we have to promote him to Asst HC in order to bring him over? And what offense would we run, I'm assuming not the option offense that they run with God's anointed NFL disciple now.

He wouldn't leave Denver for KC. He was free to sign anywhere after McD was fired and was actually offered the KC OC job and chose to stay in Denver. The only way he goes anywhere is if he is offered a HC job.

MahiMike
01-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Let's just bring in Peyton. It's a win-win. He can either OC and QB or just OC.

LVNHACK
01-13-2012, 09:57 PM

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

**** you, stupid.

ROFLROFLROFL

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM

I like Al a great deal and have talked to Al's son numerous times.

He's not coming back here, stupid.

For the record you stupid fuck, I hate Herm more than I hate you, and that's a fucking lot.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Did you happen to read the context of the conversation maybe?

Of course he didn't. He's 50/50's slightly more intelligent clone.

O.city
01-13-2012, 10:12 PM
Bad Guy, any word on OC choices?

MahiMike
01-13-2012, 10:13 PM
I'd love Jay Gruden but it's a lateral. Was glad to hear Romeo will still handle Defense. But OC is most important.

Schottenheimer?

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 10:14 PM
For those saying Haley has this extensive track record, where is it?

The one year he coordinated an offense that featured 2 hall of fame players and Anquan Boldin?

The WRs he developed, oh wait, most of them were developed prior to him even stepping foot in the team facility.

He did a nice job with getting the most of out of some of the superstars on this team, but his resume isn't some gold standard.

He did an abysmal job here when he did call plays.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2012, 10:18 PM
Bad Guy, any word on OC choices?

Got some small info yesterday afternoon just have been busy.

I heard yesterday that they were going to go outside the tree for the hire. Romeo isn't tied to the Patriot way like Pioli.

This is 95% Romeo's hire. Pioli will have some input, but Romeo wants to get a guy he's comfortable with because this entire offense will be his.

I heard they were impressed with Philbin and may try to pursue him and McCarthy might let him walk so he can call plays.

Other names, that's pure speculation on my part are:

Clements
Chryst
Lombardi

O.city
01-13-2012, 10:20 PM
I like that Romeo wants to bring in the best OC he can and hand him the reigns instead of fucking with him.

SNR
01-13-2012, 10:22 PM

I heard yesterday that they were going to go outside the tree for the hire. Romeo isn't tied to the Patriot way like Pioli.

This is 95% Romeo's hire. Pioli will have some input, but Romeo wants to get a guy he's comfortable with because this entire offense will be his.

I heard they were impressed with Philbin and may try to pursue him and McCarthy might let him walk so he can call plays.

Clements
Chryst
LombardiNot sure what Philbin's going to do after the season's over. He may want to take a year off to spend time with his family after his son's death.

CaliforniaChief
01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
I would assume it would take a situation where Philbin is essentially given free reign of the offense and total control over the details with accountability to RAC?

I would be very happy with anyone from GB, or outside the tree...the one "tree" candidate that's intriguing is Brian Ferentz.

O.city
01-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info Bad Guy.

I hope they make a smart choice.

I like that Pioli is letting some things happen like this. Loosening the reigns a little.

BossChief
01-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Aren't Tom Coughlin and Sean Payton "tree guys" too?

Those guys qb coaches would have to be towards the top of the list.

I'd be excited as all hell if we were able to hire Tom Clements.

He played here.

He has been an assistant coach here.

SNR
01-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Aren't Tom Coughlin and Sean Payton "tree guys" too?

Those guys qb coaches would have to be towards the top of the list.

I'd be excited as all hell if we were able to hire Tom Clements.

He played here.

He has been an assistant coach here.We all know how Pioli and company feel about tradition and customs when it comes to this franchise. Just ask Tony DiPardo and Arrowhead gameday employees.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Doesn't matter if they're ready or not, Scott will take them. Anything to get a branch from The Tree™.

He will be our OC when Clements/Lombardi moves up to HC in 3 years. ;)

HemiEd
01-13-2012, 11:10 PM

They are admitting it was vacant all along.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Lombardi coaches for the Saints.

?!!!?

the Talking Can
01-13-2012, 11:14 PM

Clements
Chryst
Lombardi

that's good to hear

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
?!!!?Joe Lombardi is who you're thinking of for offensive coordinator, yes? QB coach of the Saints.

EDIT: Uhp... sometimes I like to insert commas into random sentences when I read. No biggie. Doesn't change the meaning at all.

SNR
01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I AM still interested in re-animating the corpse of Vince Lombardi. If anybody has any ideas, please PM me.

Frankie
01-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Joe Lombardi is who you're thinking of for offensive coordinator, yes? QB coach of the Saints.

EDIT: Uhp... sometimes I like to insert commas into random sentences when I read. No biggie. Doesn't change the meaning at all.

So,.... is this your way of saying you stand corrected?

BossChief
01-13-2012, 11:26 PM
We all know how Pioli and company feel about tradition and customs when it comes to this franchise. Just ask Tony DiPardo and Arrowhead gameday employees.

Ough the huge manatee.

You know what's gonna happen, right?

We will hire Clements or Lombardi and Cassel will prove us all (except pawnmower) wrong and we will get a 1st rounder for Stanzi in two years after Cassel misses 5 games to injury and Stanzi blows the fuck up.

scorpio
01-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I forgot about Mike McCoy, but wouldn't we have to promote him to Asst HC in order to bring him over? And what offense would we run, I'm assuming not the option offense that they run with God's anointed NFL disciple now.

McCoy had never run the option before Teebs taught it to him.

srs.

Chocolate Hog
01-14-2012, 12:46 AM

Clements
Chryst
Lombardi

This is awesome. Does it also mean Romeo and the new OC will challenge Pioli regarding Cassel? Don't see why they wouldn't.

beach tribe
01-14-2012, 12:50 AM

OCD much

More like DCS much.

I'm pretty sure it's him.

SNR
01-14-2012, 12:51 AM
So,.... is this your way of saying you stand corrected?No, not corrected. I never posted anything false.

The Bad Guy
01-14-2012, 01:01 AM
This is awesome. Does it also mean Romeo and the new OC will challenge Pioli regarding Cassel? Don't see why they wouldn't.

I think Pioli is going to have to objectively look at the situation come the start of free agency. Romeo bringing in an outside coordinator and not just promoting Mo Carthon or Zorn is huge for any possible change that might occur.

Epic Fail 007
01-14-2012, 01:10 AM

You mean he made him into a below average qb?Well ok

NJChiefsFan
01-14-2012, 01:11 AM
You mean he made him into a below average qb?Well ok

McCoy certainly did not do that, Tebow did that on his own. Its what McCoy has been able to squeeze out of him(insert jokes here) that makes him an interesting candidate for jobs.

Tuckdaddy
01-14-2012, 01:26 AM
hard to imagine anybody good wanting to come here with Matt as the QB. Orton maybe but Matt?

I can't believe Clark is going to let the city be pissed off and not care with another year of Matt. There will be a ton of articles written concerning the fans outrage if this happens. He sucks, plain and simple and all of us will be super pissed off.

NJChiefsFan
01-14-2012, 01:34 AM
hard to imagine anybody good wanting to come here with Matt as the QB. Orton maybe but Matt?

I can't believe Clark is going to let the city be pissed off and not care with another year of Matt. There will be a ton of articles written concerning the fans outrage if this happens. He sucks, plain and simple and all of us will be super pissed off.

I have asked this before not living in KC, but is the city really that outgoing in its hatred of Matt? I have gotten the sense, and people have said, that the hatred is more from boards than the actual full fanbase.

Frosty
01-14-2012, 01:41 AM
I have asked this before not living in KC, but is the city really that outgoing in its hatred of Matt? I have gotten the sense, and people have said, that the hatred is more from boards than the actual full fanbase.

What I have read off of CP is that Cassel isn't a franchise QB but is good enough if only they would draft more OL. The real howler is that Cassel would have been a franchise QB but the poor O-line in 2009 ruined him.

Chocolate Hog
01-14-2012, 01:57 AM
What I have read off of CP is that Cassel isn't a franchise QB but is good enough if only they would draft more OL. The real howler is that Cassel would have been a franchise QB but the poor O-line in 2009 ruined him.

Who said that?

Frankie
01-14-2012, 12:06 PM
No, not corrected. I never posted anything false.

You are technically right. The operative word here is "technically." You thought INCORRECTLY that I meant Vince Lombardi of the Packers not the young Lombardi of the Saints.

Oh well, no biggy.

I think Pioli is going to have to objectively look at the situation come the start of free agency. Romeo bringing in an outside coordinator and not just promoting Mo Carthon or Zorn is huge for any possible change that might occur.

Romeo said he was going to interview other OC candidates. That does not mean he won't promote Zorn or Carthon in the end.

O.city
01-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Alot of the fans here in KC are true fans.

"Give us an oline like we had with Priest bullshit"

But, they are warming to the idea that Cassel is shit and has always been shit.

Marcellus
01-14-2012, 12:15 PM
So the obvious best part of the whole story is we are looking for a new OC right? Can't get much worse the Muir.

boogblaster
01-14-2012, 12:22 PM
anyone would be a upgrade .....

SNR
01-14-2012, 12:50 PM
You are technically right. The operative word here is "technically." You thought INCORRECTLY that I meant Vince Lombardi of the Packers not the young Lombardi of the Saints.

Oh well, no biggy.What happened was I can't read.

In this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8292780&postcount=81) post I read it as "I'm rooting for the Saints, and the Packers to lose so we can see if they'll interview Lombardi and Clements" with an imagined comma after Saints. Meaning, I thought you meant you were rooting for the Saints, and for the Packers to lose to them so we could look at the two coaches. It's what I get for carelessly reading, I suppose.

whoman69
01-14-2012, 03:11 PM

:LOL:ROFLLMAO:rolleyes::$2500::facepalm:

DTLB58
01-14-2012, 03:21 PM
QB coach from Green Bay maybe?

or the Saints QB :thumb:

Frankie
01-14-2012, 03:23 PM
What happened was I can't read.

In this (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8292780&postcount=81) post I read it as "I'm rooting for the Saints, and the Packers to lose so we can see if they'll interview Lombardi and Clements" with an imagined comma after Saints. Meaning, I thought you meant you were rooting for the Saints, and for the Packers to lose to them so we could look at the two coaches. It's what I get for carelessly reading, I suppose.

The comma was an unintended ****up. My bad. Now I stand corrected.

DTLB58
01-14-2012, 03:25 PM
This is exactly why I'm for reaching outside of the "tree". I want someone to give Cassel and any other QB on our squad an unbiased and non-personal evaluation.

Pioli can still look at them after evaluation and tell them they have a choice to jump in the river themselves or be thrown in by his thugs from back East with blocks on his feet to swim with the fishes.

Don't mess with his Castle err (Cassel) :p

Frankie
01-14-2012, 03:26 PM
I think both Lombardi and Clements should be interviewed with the better interviewee (the one with more of a HC potential) given the offer. Don't look elsewhere.

htismaqe
01-14-2012, 04:01 PM

Clements
Chryst
Lombardi

Please Tebow, let this be true...

Frankie
01-14-2012, 05:23 PM
49ers ahead at half. If they keep it up Romeo can schedule a Lombardi interview tomorrow.

NJChiefsFan
01-14-2012, 06:43 PM
49ers ahead at half. If they keep it up Romeo can schedule a Lombardi interview tomorrow.

Anybody else think that success from Alex Smith will be used to help defend Cassel in Pioli's mind?

Frankie
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Anybody else think that success from Alex Smith will be used to help defend Cassel in Pioli's mind?

Apples and oranges. Smith = talented 1st overall pick that underachieved evidently due to annual OC change. Cassel = low draft pick, who over achieved due to some good coaching at some parts of his career. He has shown no sign of consistency of overachieving.

htismaqe
01-14-2012, 07:25 PM

EXACTLY what I thought when they started talking about how Smith had 7 different coordinators...

Matt Cassel has never had a chance. He just needs more talent around him. He needs continuity. Excuses, excuses, excuses...

NJChiefsFan
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Apples and oranges. Smith = talented 1st overall pick that underachieved evidently due to annual OC change. Cassel = low draft pick, who over achieved due to some good coaching at some parts of his career. He has shown no sign of consistency of overachieving.

Apples and oranges to us and apples and oranges to him are possibly two different things.

JoeyChuckles
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Let's bring McDaniels in for a look. I hear the Pats are tired of him.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-14-2012, 09:06 PM
JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

Falcons have put in requests to speak to former Jags OC Dirk Koetter and Packers QB coach Tom Clements for their OC opening #insideslant

ILChief
01-14-2012, 10:16 PM
JasonLaCanforaJason La Canfora

Falcons have put in requests to speak to former Jags OC Dirk Koetter and Packers QB coach Tom Clements for their OC opening #insideslant

Let's see Matt Ryan or Matt cassel. Wonder where he will go

Frankie
01-14-2012, 10:44 PM

Meh, Atlanta won't make him HC crown prince, but the Chiefs might.

Dylan
01-15-2012, 01:25 AM
I can't speak for Pioli. But the Giants organization historically hire coaches they've had ties with. I think it's fair to say, Coughlin hires his staff. There have been exceptions. It had been reported that Coughlin wanted Don Capers to run the defense, but was overruled by the owners or Reese, who didn't want to spend the money -- Then hired Fewell instead. Why it never made sense to me, the Giants made Spagnuolo the highest paid defensive coordinator in the league, worth two million a year.

Here is one more interesting name:

Howard Mudd: Eagles Offensive Line Coach. Mudd was the Colts offensive line coach from 1998-2010, joined the Eagles in 2011 after a one year retirement.

I like Clements. As has been mentioned in serveral posts.

What about Dante Scarnecchia? He has ties with Crennel.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 07:53 AM

You know, NFL people might not consider Matt Ryan that much better of a deal. If you take the job there, you HAVE to win a playoff game immediately or you're going to be labelled a failure.

ChiefsNow
01-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Lombardi coaches for the Saints.

There is something to the pedigree thing though. There is a drive in some families.

Carlota69
01-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Lombardi. I like the way that name rolls off the tongue. Has a winning ring to it.

Jerm
01-15-2012, 09:36 AM
Dirk Koetter to the Falcons...thank God...

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-15-2012, 09:45 AM
SI_PeterKingPeter King

RT @mortreport: The Atlanta Falcons have hired former Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter as their new play-caller.

-King-
01-15-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't understand what they see in Koetter. Someone help me understand because I can't see anything impressive about him.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-15-2012, 09:51 AM
SI_PeterKingPeter King

RT @mortreport: The Atlanta Falcons have hired former Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter as their new play-caller.

The Jaguarification of the Falcons continues.

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Koetter's hire in ATL is good for KC. That was one OC position where there were clearly better weapons to work with for an OC.

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm probably in the minority here regarding Lombardi but I don't see what he's done other than name that makes him special. Peyton calls the plays and Drew Brees always has been a really good QB. With Clements and Philbin there's atleast a resume of success there. McCarthy always was an average OC and Rodgers was a good college QB he wasn't as dominate as he is now. You'd have to think guys like Philbin and Clements helped play a role in his success.

O.city
01-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I like Clements alot.

I'm kinda with Bo on the whole Lombardi thing. I think that was more Payton than anything.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Actually, Pete Charmichael is a guy who really has helped Brees.

Lombardi shouldn't be considered at all for this job.

The candidates should start and end with Clements and Chryst.

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Chryst was the one who drew up the game winning play I hear.

O.city
01-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Where is Chryst?

-King-
01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Where is Chryst?

9ers

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Where is Chryst?

49ers QB coach.

O.city
01-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Only thing that worries me with him is he might see Cassel as an Alex Smith.

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 02:52 PM
He might but he could also suggest Orton/draft a QB. It's worth it either way.

milkman
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Only thing that worries me with him is he might see Cassel as an Alex Smith.

Or he might say, "Fuck you, Pioli (not using the last name casually), I'm not committing career suicide", and we'd end up being stuck with Maurice Carthon as OC, because every other candidate has the same response.

Zorn doesn't want the job.

Why?

O.city
01-15-2012, 03:00 PM
It's gonna be funny as hell when no OC wants to come here becasue they have to workwith Matt C.

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 03:22 PM
It's gonna be funny as hell when no OC wants to come here becasue they have to workwith Matt C.

The difference will be, that a good OC will want to work with RAC.

Mellinger is shtsprayer.

Chris Meck
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Rodgers was a good college QB he wasn't as dominate as he is now. .

JFC guys. Dominant. He wasn't DOMINANT. Now that he is in the NFL, he can DOMINATE. He is a DOMINANT player. DOMINANT players DOMINATE.

Fer f@cksakes.

whoman69
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM
JFC guys. Dominant. He wasn't DOMINANT. Now that he is in the NFL, he can DOMINATE. He is a DOMINANT player. DOMINANT players DOMINATE.

Fer f@cksakes.

I think he's being that stupid just to fug with you. Then again, consider the source. That boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Chris Meck
01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
:)

O.city
01-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Really am leaning more towards Clements from GB.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't understand what they see in Koetter. Someone help me understand because I can't see anything impressive about him.

It's been mostly downhill for him since he left Boise.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 05:58 PM
He might but he could also suggest Orton/draft a QB. It's worth it either way.

Orton is a free agent though. Do you really think this team is gonna try to outbid somebody?

milkman
01-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Orton is a free agent though. Do you really think this team is gonna try to outbid somebody?

How pathetic is the idea of outbidding another team for Kyle Orton?

O.city
01-15-2012, 06:11 PM
This.

Bewbies
01-15-2012, 06:11 PM

It's the new Patriot Way. LMAO

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 06:22 PM

True. FML

ILChief
01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Really am leaning more towards Clements from GB.

Looks like he will be available for interviews

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I think he's being that stupid just to fug with you. Then again, consider the source. That boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Umad

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Looks like he will be available for interviews

This.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
mortreportChris Mortensen

RT @ChiefsandOsFan DO the Chiefs call Tom clements on Monday about being the OC? > he will get calls

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Looking-at-Crennels-circle-of-coordinators/508db7eb-e4ac-4673-a987-1a1efe188097

Unreal trying to sell us crap.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 08:26 PM

RT @ChiefsandOsFan DO the Chiefs call Tom clements on Monday about being the OC? > he will get calls

He'll get plenty of calls. We have basically no shot.

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 08:28 PM

The phone will be tapped.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Looking-at-Crennels-circle-of-coordinators/508db7eb-e4ac-4673-a987-1a1efe188097

How are they trying to sell crap?

It's an informative piece about the connections he has.

Good fucking jesus.

Coogs
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM

Oakland? Flynn bieng a FA now, will the Faiders bring in an all Packer coaching staff, and Flynn, and try and trade Palmer and get a pick back from someone?

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 08:30 PM

Calls from who?

I bet McCoy gets the Dolphins job, so he might be his own coordinator and Tampa is likely going with Sherman.

Oakland maybe, but hopefully we can wrap something up before Winston Moss gets hired there.

O.city
01-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Would everyone be happy if we brought in Clements?

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 08:34 PM

Probably until he waxes poetic about Cassel in the intro press conference.

O.city
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
HA good one Bad guy.

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Oakland? Flynn bieng a FA now, will the Faiders bring in an all Packer coaching staff, and Flynn, and try and trade Palmer and get a pick back from someone?

Palmer's worth what, a 5th at best???

I think we're the only team that has the GM who takes the backup from the team he just left, tries to clone the culture, and has moles drop gum wrappers and plant bugs in people's offices.

O.city
01-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I think Palmer coudl bring a 3 from someone qb starved like the Phins or the Skins.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Carson Palmer is not bringing a 3rd rounder.

He's got a huge contract to go along with sucking balls.

He's a 5th/6th round value that the Raiders are stuck with.

O.city
01-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I didn't realize he had a big contract.

KCChiefsFan88
01-15-2012, 08:50 PM
A question... if Gregg Williams can leave New Orleans for St. Louis, for the same position (defensive coordinator) then why couldn't Rob Chudzinski leave Carolina for KC for the same position (offensive coordinator)? This of course assumes that Chudzinski doesn't get a head coaching job.

Chudzinski is the perfect OC option. He runs a varation of the Coryell offense and he has a track record of developing QB's.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
A question... if Gregg Williams can leave New Orleans for St. Louis, for the same position (defensive coordinator) then why couldn't Rob Chudzinski leave Carolina for KC for the same position (offensive coordinator)? This of course assumes that Chudzinski doesn't get a head coaching job.

Chudzinski is the perfect OC option. He runs a varation of the Coryell offense and he has a track record of developing QB's.

contract up with the saints.

Okie_Apparition
01-15-2012, 08:54 PM
you are the salt plant in the blood pressure medicine

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 08:58 PM
The good news about the Packers/Saints being out is that we can hopefully get some definition on the OC position soon. Right now I'm cool with Clements, Lombardi, or Brian Ferentz (would have to wait, obviously). I would think we could get one of those guys if we want them.

BossChief
01-15-2012, 09:32 PM
If we don't get an interview with Clements or Lombardi and at least make a legit offer for them in terms of not only money, but personell promises... I'll be pissed.

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
If we don't get an interview with Clements or Lombardi and at least make a legit offer for them in terms of not only money, but personell promises... I'll be pissed.

Yep. Most of the positions of intrigue have now been filled by guys that we didn't even want.

Koetter in Atlanta with Matty Ice, and Schottenheimer Jr. with Bradford, tons of cap space, and a high draft pick in STL.

It's time to make our move. Hopefully Pioli doesn't trip on that gum wrapper on the way up the stairs to his assistant's bugged phone.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Lombardi is just a name. Charmichael and Payton do all the work there.

O.city
01-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I really like Clements and think he actually has a chance to be here.

Am I wrong but wasn't he here coaching in some capacity before? Maybe he really really loves the bbq here.

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Calls from who?

I bet McCoy gets the Dolphins job, so he might be his own coordinator and Tampa is likely going with Sherman.

Oakland maybe, but hopefully we can wrap something up before Winston Moss gets hired there.

I heard Philbin was the guy Miami wanted. He's the guy I want as OC.

jd1020
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
It's time to make our move. Hopefully Pioli doesn't trip on that gum wrapper on the way up the stairs to his assistant's bugged phone.

You do know this is on Crennel right?

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I've been reading a lot about Zimmer getting the Miami job. Just don't know if Philbin could even come over here for a lateral move.

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 09:40 PM
You do know this is on Crennel right?

Ultimately yes. I'm sure it still goes through Pioli, though. And even if it doesn't, I couldn't pass an opportunity to bring up Spygate 2.0.

BossChief
01-15-2012, 09:41 PM
With the way Eli has played, his qb coach should also get an interview if we don't have someone under contract by the time they are knocked out.

As it has been the last three years in a row, I would love to have Tom Clements over anyone else.

I can handle it if we try and don't get it done, but we better try.

The Bad Guy
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
I heard Philbin was the guy Miami wanted. He's the guy I want as OC.

I really think Mike McCoy is the next big coach in the NFL. Dolphins need a slam dunk in the worst way.

Philbin isn't that.

O.city
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Any way the Phins take McCoy then trade for Tebow?

Frankie
01-16-2012, 10:28 AM

I get a sick feeling he'll be Oakland's OC. :(

Everything is a crapshoot. But among all the names he intrigues me the most because if he succeeds he could be promoted to HC for continuity after Crennel retires.

Frankie
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Carson Palmer is not bringing a 3rd rounder.

He's got a huge contract to go along with sucking balls.

He's a 5th/6th round value that the Raiders are stuck with.

The raiders' lack of draft choices and our promise of a fair future shot at the HC position could be the main advantages we have over them to get Clements.

-King-
01-16-2012, 10:34 AM

What were they trying to sell us? They listed the coaches Romeo has worked with. How is that trying to sell anything?

-King-
01-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Any way the Phins take McCoy then trade for God's anointed NFL disciple?

No. Even if they don't take a QB, Moore is better than Tebow.

O.city
01-16-2012, 10:36 AM
I was just thinking maybe Tebow, since he does reign from Florida, would really spark attendance.

-King-
01-16-2012, 10:37 AM
U of Florida is closer to Jacksonville than it is to Miami, so if anything, it would be Jacksonville fans wanting him.

O.city
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
True, but that whole state has a stiffy for the guy.

Frankie
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Lombardi is just a name. Charmichael and Payton do all the work there.

OK, I defer to you and Milkman and demote Lombardi in my wish list. So now my OC wish list (in order) is:

1- Clements
2- Chryst
3- Lombardi

Does anybody erlse go along with that? Just curious.

Frankie
01-16-2012, 10:45 AM
U of Florida is closer to Jacksonville than it is to Miami, so if anything, it would be Jacksonville fans wanting him.

Hasn't Khan indicated he would like to have him? Figures! Another Denver-luck trade partner they can rape (ala Champ Baily deal). They'll probably get a high draft choice from the Jax for Tebow and turn it into their new legit young QBOTF before we ever get ours. :banghead:

Danman
01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
I've been reading a lot about Zimmer getting the Miami job. Just don't know if Philbin could even come over here for a lateral move.

On paper it's a lateral move, but here he'd have complete control of the whole offense- Clements would be too. Neither one have that now in Green Bay. That's a big sell, even with Cassel.

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Philbin isn't moving here for a lateral move, especially after the tragegy that just happened.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
AdamSchefterAdam Schefter

Raiders received permission today to interview both Broncos coordinators, DC Dennis Allen and OC Mike McCoy, for their HC vacancy.

Cave Johnson
01-16-2012, 11:06 AM
The raiders' lack of draft choices and our promise of a fair future shot at the HC position could be the main advantages we have over them to get Clements.

Not to mention the possibility of bringing Flynn over to run his scheme.

Cave Johnson
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Yeah, but he might be a HC candidate with another year or 2 of coaching up Cam. Why would he leave for the shit sandwich that is Cassel/Orton?

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Philbin isn't moving here for a lateral move, especially after the tragegy that just happened.
unless he wants a change BECAUSE of what just happened.

I have no idea either way ... just saying

I could easily see the whole Philbin family needing to get away. Maybe.

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 11:33 AM

We'll he'd actually get to call the plays here.

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 11:34 AM

Raiders received permission today to interview both Broncos coordinators, DC Dennis Allen and OC Mike McCoy, for their HC vacancy.

McCoy sucks.

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 11:48 AM
unless he wants a change BECAUSE of what just happened.

I have no idea either way ... just saying

I could easily see the whole Philbin family needing to get away. Maybe.

Kevin Harlan brought that up last week.

I agree with you - the guy might just need a complete reboot. Plus he'd get to call plays here.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Raiders interviewed Saints OC Pete Carmichael Jr. for their HC vacancy on Friday while New Orleans was in the Bay Area for Saturday's game.

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM
McCoy sucks.

100% disagree. He's going to be an excellent HC.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Kevin Harlan brought that up last week.

I agree with you - the guy might just need a complete reboot. Plus he'd get to call plays here.
another question ... if Philbin isn't calling the plays do we really want him?

How much of the offense is his?

Gotta beware the coordinator who is running the same side of the ball as the preference of the HC.

Not trying to trash Philbin at all but we've already experienced 2 different guys who rode the coattails of the guy above them and got promoted too high in Goonther and Haley.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Gotta beware the coordinator who is running the same side of the ball as the preference of the HC.

Not trying to trash Philbin at all but we've already experienced 2 different guys who rode the coattails of the guy above them and got promoted too high in Goonther and Haley.

Bucs seek permission to interview Packers OC Joe Philbin...more coming on @NFL32 6 ET ESPN2 #NFL32

He is gonna be a HC i think.

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 03:36 PM
100% disagree. He's going to be an excellent HC.

I thought his play calling in Denver was awful.

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 03:41 PM
This is interesting but doesn't make sense.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/3/2680278/kansas-city-chiefs-mike-mccoy-denver-broncos

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 03:50 PM

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/3/2680278/kansas-city-chiefs-mike-mccoy-denver-broncos

Yeah, he's not coming here. The Broncos would never grant permission.

durtyrute
01-16-2012, 03:58 PM

The ONLY thing interesting about that is the chick further down the page.

BossChief
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
I really like Clements and think he actually has a chance to be here.

Am I wrong but wasn't he here coaching in some capacity before? Maybe he really really loves the bbq here.

He was our qb coach in 2000 (the Grbac made the probowl) and played here in the 80s.

We better have made some form of contact with him by now.

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 04:11 PM

I personally would have preferred him in the HC role. He seems a lot like Kirk Ferentz to me.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 04:16 PM
If we haven't heard any major updates then we must be eying someone with one of the four remaining teams.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 04:16 PM
If we haven't heard any major updates then we must be eying someone with one of the four remaining teams.

DUH!

DTLB58
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Bucs seek permission to interview Packers OC Joe Philbin...more coming on @NFL32 6 ET ESPN2 #NFL32

He is gonna be a HC i think.

Which in turn sucks cause then the pack will probably promote Clements to OC.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
OC OC OC Usimenyura
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Green Bay - Reports have surfaced that offensive coordinator Joe Philbin is strongly being considered for the Miami Dolphins head coaching job and has drawn interest from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as well.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Buccaneers have asked permission to interview Philbin. It's unclear yet whether Philbin plans to follow through with the interview or pursue the Miami job.

Philbin was not available for comment Monday, so it's unclear how seriously he is entertaining interest from any team. One week ago today, the body of his 21-year-old son Michael was found in the Fox River in Oshkosh.

After spending the week his family, Philbin did attend the Packers' divisional playoff loss to the New York Giants Sunday, coaching from the press box.

Philbin has already interviewed for the head jobs in Miami and Kansas City. The Chiefs job went to Romeo Crennel.

Some of Philbin's coaching brethren said Monday afternoon that they were not aware of any requests to interview for head coaching and coordinator jobs.

After Philbin, the most likely guy to get a head coaching interview is inside linebackers coach Winston Moss, a former Oakland Raider who may be on new Raidgers general manager Reggie McKenzie's list of candidates. Moss said he was not aware of any contact, but said he would definitely listen if the Raiders came calling.

"I'll just say that if the Raiders were to call and ask, I'll be ready to speak with them," Moss said. "But nothing's changed from last week. I feel good where I'm at. If there's an opportunity that comes up in the future, we'll probably cross that bridge at that time.

"But at this present time, right now, not a lot to talk about."

Safeties coach Darren Perry, who has been pegged as a potential candidate in Oakland, said he hadn't heard anything Monday. The Raiders would ask general manager Ted Thompson for permission to speak to Perry first.

Cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt, who has turned down past opportunities to coach other places, said he has not been contacted for any job. He said the only positions he would leave for would be head coach or coordinator.

He said he plans to stay in the NFL.

Quarterbacks coach Tom Clements, who was a candidate for the Penn State job, reported no news on teams contacting him.

It's possible Clements and some of the others won't be contacted until head coaching jobs are filled and new staffs are formed. In those cases, the coaches would be interviewing for coordinator jobs unless coach Mike McCarthy gave them the green light to interview anywhere.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137448103.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 07:06 PM
So that would mean either Geep Chryst or Ferentz right?

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 07:11 PM
So that would mean either Geep Chryst or Ferentz right?

Just because they haven't contacted him today, doesn't mean they aren't contacting him.

I have no real news about it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't hire someone until right before the SB.

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Buccaneers received permission to interview Packes QB coach Tom Clements for their head coaching vacancy later this week.

tk13
01-16-2012, 07:58 PM
I don't know... I'm just not that excited about any of these Packers guys. I mean they're good... but their QB just spent the last season playing in a zone less than 1% of QB's have ever been in. That isn't happening anywhere else. If we hire one, great, but do it because they've shown they're an advanced offensive mind.

BossChief
01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I wonder if he is only interviewing for head coaching spots.

If that's the case, meh.

BossChief
01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I don't know... I'm just not that excited about any of these Packers guys. I mean they're good... but their QB just spent the last season playing in a zone less than 1% of QB's have ever been in. That isn't happening anywhere else. If we hire one, great, but do it because they've shown they're an advanced offensive mind.

You think it would be a bad move to hire coaches that have a proven track record of developing potential into elite NFL play?

Rogers is good, but the coaches he has been around are pretty good, too.

SNR
01-16-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't know... I'm just not that excited about any of these Packers guys. I mean they're good... but their QB just spent the last season playing in a zone less than 1% of QB's have ever been in. That isn't happening anywhere else. If we hire one, great, but do it because they've shown they're an advanced offensive mind.Clements had a very good coaching career prior to Green Bay as well.

ArrowheadMagic
01-16-2012, 08:08 PM
You think it would be a bad move to hire coaches that have a proven track record of developing potential into elite NFL play?

Rogers is good, but the coaches he has been around are pretty good, too.

How much of that is Rodgers being a student of the game? McCarthy? Its a crap shoot. The fact he'll have a lump of shit to work with, OC hire is extremely important.

tk13
01-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Clements had a very good coaching career prior to Green Bay as well.

Yeah, J.P. Losman is pretty much Aaron Rodgers without the title.

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Hiring one of the Packers offensive guys reminds me of hiring a Patriots hot shot position coach as coordinator.

I'd rather honestly go in a different direction.