PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 1, Heat 5.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 09:35 PM
During the next commercial break, pick your three favorites from this list.

scott free
01-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Gilligan, screw the rest.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 09:43 PM
I could only bring myself to pick two shows in this heat.

#1 - Gilligan's Island is silly and the plots were repetitious, but c'mon. Who can't like a deserted island comedy with palm-frond huts, apple pies, evening gowns, pedal-powered palm-frond cars, and bright primary colors on the shirts?

#2 - Leave It To Beaver. I can't help but like the Beav and Wally. All problems can be solved.

Missed the cut.

#3 - Maude. I've seen it, but I can't vote for it. She was a shrew who picked on her timid husband. While the daughter had a great figure, it wasn't enough to get my vote.

#4 - Bernie Mac. I think I saw it twice. Maybe it was good, but I don't remember anything notable about it.

#5 - The Office (BBC version). Never seen it. Shrug.

cdcox
01-14-2012, 09:45 PM
#1 - Gilligan's Island is silly and the plots were repetitious, but c'mon. Who can't like a deserted island comedy with palm-frond huts, apple pies, evening gowns, pedal-powered palm-frond cars, and bright primary colors on the shirts?

Not to mention inspiring the most profound question in the history of the internet: Ginger or Mary Ann?

KC Tattoo
01-14-2012, 09:47 PM
I liked Bernie Mac in most of the movies he has been in, but his show, not so much.

KC Tattoo
01-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Not to mention inspiring the most profound question in the history of the internet: Ginger or Mary Ann?

Both.

Dartgod
01-14-2012, 09:51 PM
I could only vote for Wally and the Beave.

Gilligan probably deserved a vote, but despite being a fan, it's no where near the best sitcom.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I could only vote for Wally and the Beave.

Gilligan probably deserved a vote, but despite being a fan, it's no where near the best sitcom.

You must have missed the show where they performed the Shakespeare musical. And the one where The Mosquitos washed up.

Anyone remember the really weird one where they actually went to some other island and ended up being taken prisoner and put in the dungeon? Seeing Ginger on the rack and Mary Ann all shackled up perved me out for life. That was a really bizarre episode.

KC Tattoo
01-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Eddie Haskell

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Atr4yRv27IQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Atr4yRv27IQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Dartgod
01-14-2012, 09:58 PM
You must have missed the show where they performed the Shakespeare musical. And the one where The Mosquitos washed up.

Anyone remember the really weird one where they actually went to some other island and ended up being taken prisoner and put in the dungeon? Seeing Ginger on the rack and Mary Ann all shackled up perved me out for life. That was a really bizarre episode.

My favorite episode is the one when they almost got rescued, but Gilligan did something stupid to screw it all up.

cdcox
01-14-2012, 09:59 PM

I used to watch that show every day after school and saw ever episode at least 5 times.

patteeu
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
I really liked both Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver when I was a kid, but I can't vote for any of the choices in this poll as an adult.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:00 PM
My favorite episode is the one when they almost got rescued, but Gilligan did something stupid to screw it all up.

Oh, I loved that one.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
I used to watch that show every day after school and saw ever episode at least 5 times.

Same here. It was far and away my favorite TV show, even in reruns. For years my dream was to get stranded on a deserted island.

milkman
01-14-2012, 10:02 PM

The funny thing is that I used to watch that show as a kid growing up in the 60s, and every week they'd hatch a plan for rescue, and they'd give Gilligan some critical responsibility, then get pissed off that he screwed up.

It pissed me off that they were stupid enough to rely on Gilligan week after week.

Whose fault is it really, you dumbasses?

Dartgod
01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
The funny thing is that I used to watch that show as a kid growing up in the 60s, and every week they'd hatch a plan for rescue, and they'd give Gilligan some critical responsibility, then get pissed off that he screwed up.

It pissed me off that they were stupid enough to rely on Gilligan week after week.

Wait, which episode was that?

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:04 PM
I really liked both Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver when I was a kid, but I can't vote for any of the choices in this poll as an adult.

As a kid, Gilligan's Island was Citizen Kane and Gone With The Wind and Casablanca all rolled up into one. I couldn't imagine how a better TV show could exist.

cdcox
01-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Skipper = Pioli
Gilligan = Matt Cassel
Mr. Howell = Clark
Professor = Crennel
Mrs. Howell = Chiefs Cheer leaders

This is the Chiefs we are talking about, so there is no Ginger or Mary Ann.

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:06 PM

It was the whole allegory of oppressing the proletariat. Gilligan was the only worker in the group, so he was always assigned the work. And the fact that he failed showed the fatal flaw of communism.

Frazod
As a kid, Gilligan's Island was Citizen Kane and Gone With The Wind and Casablanca all rolled up into one. I couldn't imagine how a better TV show could exist.

Gilligan's Island was on every day after school for years. I've probably seen every episode 15 times.

milkman
Wait, which episode was that?

The one I watched when I was a kid.

Dartgod
Skipper = Pioli
Gilligan = Matt Cassel
Mr. Howell = Clark
Professor = Crennel
Mr. Howell = Chiefs Cheer leaders

This is the Chiefs we are talking about, so there is no Ginger or Merry Ann.

ROFL

/thread

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Skipper = Pioli
Gilligan = Matt Cassel
Mr. Howell = Clark
Professor = Crennel
Mrs. Howell = Chiefs Cheer leaders

This is the Chiefs we are talking about, so there is no Ginger or Merry Ann.

Haley = that jungle boy who washed up.

My favorite line from the whole series was in that episode.

Mr. Howell: "Let's give him some food. If he picks up the fork with his right hand, he's from Harvard. If he picks up the fork with his left hand, he's from Princeton."

[Jungle boy dives face-first into the food like a savage.]

Mr. Howell: "Egad! A Yale man!"

milkman
01-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Also, remember the first season or so, the theme song mentioned:

Gilligan, the Skipper too.
The millionair, and his wife

The movie star

And the rest.....here on Gilligan's Isle.

The rest?

Really, you couldn't mention just two more people?

They were just "the rest"?

Rain Man
01-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Also, remember the first season or so, the theme song mentioned:

Gilligan, the Skipper too.
The millionair, and his wife

The movie star

And the rest.....here on Gilligan's Isle.

The rest?

Really, you couldn't mention just two more people?

They were just "the rest"?

Especially since the survival skills of those two were critical to the rest. Without the professor, they would've all starved to death within a month. And without Mary Ann pedaling on that electrical generator, they would've had no visual sexual stimulation at all other than Ginger.

KC Tattoo
01-14-2012, 10:27 PM
Just how come did all the celebrities that found there way to the island and then get rescued for themselves, how come they never sent a rescue ship for them?

Like the Harlem Globetrotters. They found there way to the island and found a way off the island,iirc. Must have been a Gilligan fuck up then idk?

Predarat
01-14-2012, 10:29 PM
The BBC version of the office is pretty damn good if you can understand it. Ricky Gervas is damn awesome.

scott free
01-14-2012, 10:30 PM
And without Mary Ann pedaling on that electrical generator, they would've had no visual sexual stimulation at all other than Ginger.

Ginger supplies all of that in spades, she alone was responsible for my first vaguely sexual urgings, long before Daisy Duke or Wonder Woman.

Smed1065
01-14-2012, 10:31 PM
LOL

mikey23545
01-14-2012, 10:41 PM

That's where I ended up as well.

Bacon Cheeseburger
01-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Yeah, these are pretty much all clunkers.

Dartgod
01-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, these are pretty much all clunkers.

I'm gonna have Eddie Haskell give you the business for that.

KcMizzou
01-15-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm gonna have Eddie Haskell give you the business for that.All Eddie Haskell will do is kiss his parent's ass.

Backwards Masking
01-15-2012, 01:56 AM
Where the hell is Married With Children???

getting tired of Not Voting and Waiting For The King...

KcMizzou
01-15-2012, 01:59 AM
All Eddie Haskell will do is kiss his parent's ass.Bug's parents, I mean. You got that right?

Eddie Haskell was a slimy little creep.

Backwards Masking
01-15-2012, 02:00 AM
Eddie Haskell was a slimy little creep.

i admire him...always have.

KcMizzou
01-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Every time one of my boys brings a friend over who insists on calling me "Mr. Bosch", I immediately think... That kid's an "Eddie Haskell".

Backwards Masking
01-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Every time one of my boys brings a friend over who insists on calling me "Mr. Bosch", I immediately think... That kid's an "Eddie Haskell".

my mom referred to my best friend growing up as eddie haskell

looking back...it was Well Deserved

KcMizzou
01-15-2012, 02:09 AM
my mom referred to my best friend growing up as eddie haskell

looking back...it was Well DeservedLMAO Yep. She knew.

Reaper16
01-15-2012, 02:17 AM
1.) The Office (BBC)
2.) Gilligan's Island
3.) Leave It to Beaver

patteeu
01-15-2012, 08:26 AM
Same here. It was far and away my favorite TV show, even in reruns. For years my dream was to get stranded on a deserted island.

Coconut cream pie is still one of my favorites.

TEX
01-15-2012, 09:08 AM
I only liked two of them...
Gilligan's Island and Leave it to Beaver. I'd watch to this day if they were still on.

Predarat
01-15-2012, 09:14 AM
With all the inner debate I have had for years with Mary Ann and Ginger, once I join ChiefsPlanet and it was answered in minutes.

whoman69
01-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Pretty blah list. Brady Bunch would fit right in.

cardken
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Haley = that jungle boy who washed up.

My favorite line from the whole series was in that episode.

Mr. Howell: "Let's give him some food. If he picks up the fork with his right hand, he's from Harvard. If he picks up the fork with his left hand, he's from Princeton."

[Jungle boy dives face-first into the food like a savage.]

Mr. Howell: "Egad! A Yale man!"

I still reference this from time to time. LOL.

cardken
01-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Coconut cream pie is still one of my favorites.

agreed.
:thumb:

Zebedee DuBois
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I voted for the Beaver. I think that show did a good job of telling the story from a kid's perspective.
I also voted for Bernie Mac, because the boy on that show cracked me up.

I've watched Gilligan reruns as much as anyone, and while it has a warm place in my heart, I cannot bring myself to vote for it. It was utterly (and comfortingly) predictable. (although their Shakespeare musical was fabulous, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be. Never forget! Stay out of debt.")

Rain Man
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I voted for the Beaver. I think that show did a good job of telling the story from a kid's perspective.
I also voted for Bernie Mac, because the boy on that show cracked me up.

I've watched Gilligan reruns as much as anyone, and while it has a warm place in my heart, I cannot bring myself to vote for it. It was utterly (and comfortingly) predictable. (although their Shakespeare musical was fabulous, "Neither a borrower nor a lender be. Never forget! Stay out of debt.")

I don't know. I was totally blindsided by the ending of the Mars lander episode where they got covered in feathers and glue and caused NASA to conclude that there was life on Mars.

Rain Man
01-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Poll closed. Moving on to Round 2 are Gilligan and the rest, the Beav, and Ricky's version of The Office. Bernie Mac is both dead and disappointed, and Bea Arthur will have to wield her Golden Girl sword if she wants to move on.

blaise
01-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Gilligan's Island is awful.

Thig Lyfe
01-16-2012, 02:13 AM
The Office kicks all these other bitch-ass shows square in the dick

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2012, 04:36 AM
Gilligan should be Cassels new nickname

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Seriously, my first boners were from Ginger and Mary ann, especially the ones where they would be captured and tied up. Wow. Wow. Wow. Headhunters tying up Ginger and Mary Ann. At 5 this started me on my road to all kinds of nice fetishes. Wait, i'll be back. I have to masturbate to pictures of women being run over by trains.

Chiefless
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
The BBC version of the office is pretty damn good if you can understand it. Ricky Gervas is damn awesome.

Yes...no one makes me turn away from a TV more than Ricky Gervais. CRINGE.

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2012, 04:36 PM
I want to talk more about Ginger and Mary ann and fetishes

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
I want to talk more about Ginger and Mary ann and fetishes

See post #8. We all loved it when Ginger and Mary Ann got tied up.

Pioli Zombie
01-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I bet Luvee Howell was a nutcracker