PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Arrowhead anxiety: Turnover off the field causes concern

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Chocolate Hog
01-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah a GM getting arrested for committing a felony would be great for this franchise.

Carlota69
01-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah a GM getting arrested for committing a felony would be great for this franchise.

Yeah, it really feels like we are fucked.

The Bad Guy
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM

It would be fucking awful.

The best thing that could come from this is Pioli sticks to the NFL side and Clark loosens up a bit on the other side.

That stadium next year is going to be a ghost town.

Douche Baggins
01-16-2012, 09:52 PM

It would be awesome. Two less years to wait.

dallaschiefsfan
01-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Which two? How do you know that? Details, please.

In the interview to which I was referencing in my prior above previous post, Babb seemed to downplay the statements by the ex-employees, Mr. dallaschiefsfan. Although he did say that he thought there was more to it than mere disgruntlement, he didn't indicate what that "more" was exactly.

There does seem to be some weird stuff going on. For example, the prohibition on conversations between department personnel is strange ... very strange, in fact. Yet, nobody seems to want to provide any supporting facts other than they "felt" uncomfortable.

If you have some fact stuff, I'd love to hear some, though.

FAX

Yeah...no crazy additional revelations except that since I know two of Babb's interviewees, it's hard for me to take the "disgruntled employee" assumption seriously. The age-discrimination lawsuit people are a different story (unless the lawsuit has validity)...but the people I know are anything but bitter or in revenge mode. If anything, they're thankful for their time at Arrowhead.

oldman
01-16-2012, 09:58 PM
At this point, I'd welcome a investigation by the NFL. I'd like to believe the Chiefs would be cleared of any wrongdoing, but if felonies were committed then those folks need to pay for their actions even if goes directly to Clark.
My personal opinion is that Haley was just flat out crazy. Why else would he continue to start Tyler Palko? Seriously, notice the speech differences from 2009 pressers compared to the 2011 editions. I'm not in the head-shrink profession, but I've been around enough folks with problems to know that's a sign of mental illness.
To the question of the employees. Yes, you're not going to look on someone favorably if you've been canned. The organization under Peterson had become a country club atmosphere where butts in the seats were the prime goal, not winning championships. Yes, change in that culture had to come and if you aren't on board, then get off the train.

-King-
01-16-2012, 09:59 PM
It would be awesome. Two less years to wait.

I'll wait until April when you're back to sucking the BALLA ASS GM's dick.

LiveSteam
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
SHICK,SHICK,BANG! SHICK,SHICK,BANG!

chasedude
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
So my initial thought that the FO is just plain nuts! Yup, I was right!

tyler360
01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
This is getting out of hand.

KC brass needs to come out and say they do not do this.

And they need to clean up their act.

All we have heard for 3 years is how dysfunctional this front office is.

No one will come here to work at the rate this is going.

LiveSteam
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Sell,sell,sell

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Because I hate him, and wish suffering upon him.

I am all ready to hate him too. I am close, but I am waiting to see what he does this offseason. I fully expect him to stick with Cassel, and when he does, it will be the final straw. That being said, I am going to give him that chance, even if the odds are very small he makes me happy.

Discuss Thrower
01-17-2012, 01:02 AM
I can't see how some don't see even the simple allegations of these facts to be the least bit damaging.

Honest question: who legitimately thinks this will not affect hiring for any position in the entire organization?

FAX
01-17-2012, 01:19 AM
I can't see how some don't see even the simple allegations of these facts to be the least bit damaging.

Honest question: who legitimately thinks this will not affect hiring for any position in the entire organization?

A story like this is bound to foster serious concerns in any reasonable, good-thinking, professional, NFL coach.

Assuming, of course, we contact any reasonable, good-thinking, professional, NFL coaches.

FAX

NJChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Hopefully Pioli is thinking of a way to pin all this on Matt Cassel.

oldman
01-17-2012, 05:50 AM
A story like this is bound to foster serious concerns in any reasonable, good-thinking, professional, NFL coach.

Assuming, of course, we contact any reasonable, good-thinking, professional, NFL coaches.

FAX

I was going to point out that Al Davis got people to work for him but then I saw your qualifiers of reasonable, good-thinking, and professional.

ILChief
01-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Now it's on profootballtalk. Great

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:16 AM
1.) The blinds thing is done at Gillette, too, with a nearby hotel. It's done because people were found to be spying on practices.

Because the Patriots know EXACTLY what it looks like when teams are spying...

Chiefnj2
01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
If you think someone is bugging your office and personal phone, why not just go buy one of those "throwaway" phones at your local gas station/mini-mart?

bevischief
01-17-2012, 07:20 AM
If you think someone is bugging your office and personal phone, why not just go buy one of those "throwaway" phones at your local gas station/mini-mart?

That would be too easy...

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
I see your point.

That's nothing like the corporate world at all.

I work for a Fortune 5 company. We take "governance" training 1 time per month. We monitor web access, company cell phones, and the whole 9 yards.

We also don't monitor the length of employee lunch breaks, who they're conversing with inside and outside of the workplace, or anything of the sort.

See, my company measures employees by their PERFORMANCE.

SUCCESSFUL companies don't operate the way you think they do. They certainly don't operate the way the Chiefs have been operating.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm not sure I understand the significance of the gum/candy wrapper in the stairwell, and I have not read through all 670 some posts looking for the answer.

But instead of just leaving it there for a week, then picking it up and making an issue of it at a meeting, wouldn't the logical thing to have done been going to the custodian for that area... or the head of the custodian department... and let them know what your expectations were as to the cleanliness of the facility? Maybe even in a private setting?

There's no place for logical or reasonable behavior, now is there?

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:31 AM

It's hard to think clearly when you're CRAZY.

KCUnited
01-17-2012, 07:32 AM

And why not workout before or after work so you aren't ridiculed for which stairwell you're seen in going to the facility gym? Just eat lunch by yourself so you don't have to worry about who your seen leaving with. It's quite simple really.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
And why not workout before or after work so you aren't ridiculed for which stairwell you're seen in going to the facility gym? Just eat lunch by yourself so you don't have to worry about who your seen leaving with. It's quite simple really.

I agree that it's simple.

But should they REALLY have to focus on those things?

Wouldn't you rather employes of a football team are focusing on, oh I don't know...FOOTBALL?

ILChief
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
I work for a Fortune 5 company. We take "governance" training 1 time per month. We monitor web access, company cell phones, and the whole 9 yards.

We also don't monitor the length of employee lunch breaks, who they're conversing with inside and outside of the workplace, or anything of the sort.

See, my company measures employees by their PERFORMANCE.

SUCCESSFUL companies don't operate the way you think they do. They certainly don't operate the way the Chiefs have been operating.

Wouldn't a janitor's performance be judged by trash left on the floor for a week?

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Wouldn't a janitor's performance be judged by trash left on the floor for a week?

Normally, the manager would pick up a gum wrapper and ask the janitor about it in a weekly one-on-one or performance review.

A good manager wouldn't make a public spectacle of it.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Normally, the manager would pick up a gum wrapper and ask the janitor about it in a weekly one-on-one or performance review.

Littered candy wrappers are just a sign that employees aren't getting their TPS reports in on time.

KCUnited
01-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I agree that it's simple.

But should they REALLY have to focus on those things?

Wouldn't you rather employes of a football team are focusing on, oh I don't know...FOOTBALL?

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I think it's a joke.

Luxury sedan - check
Button down, slacks - check
401k - check
gas station throw away phone - check

Yesterday, Nick Wright played a portion of Pioli's interview with Fescoe where Pioli admits he has "a million" different jobs to assist the organization. It was quite revealing.

Chiefnj2
01-17-2012, 07:47 AM

What the story didn't say was that written inside the wrapper was "A 2nd for Cassel?? WTF??"

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 07:49 AM
What the story didn't say was that written inside the wrapper was "A 2nd for Cassel?? WTF??"

It was actually CASSEL'S wrapper.

philfree
01-17-2012, 09:12 AM

How was it made a public spectacle?

I'm not saying Pioli can do no wrong but the gum wrapper story is just someones butt hurt.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Found some funny/interesting tweets over this.

Missing from Chiefs front office exposé is Pioli fuming that 95% of Crennel's inbox is online delivery confirmation e-mails from Papa Johns.

Michael Silver @MikeSilver
If Scott Pioli was reading all my texts to Todd Haley... well, all I can say is, IT IS WHAT IT IS... @kentbabb

B.M. @BMKCMO 22h
Too bad the story doesnt talk about all the backstabbing Pioli did to people like Todd Haley and Denny Thum to name a few.

P. Schrager @PSchrags
This Scott Pioli KC Star column reminds me of when Ben Stiller took over the fat camp in 'Heavyweights' : bit.ly/yoW0b6

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Uh oh...

Jason Whitlock @WhitlockJason
KC Tweeps: comical & petty for 810 to dismiss Babb story on Egoli. Remember when 810 made its name challenging King Carl and establishment?

Okie_Apparition
01-17-2012, 09:35 AM
The pressure to win & win now is like the heat of a 1000 suns
Peyton Manning is going to be wooed like the last woman alive

Detoxing
01-17-2012, 09:38 AM
This is going to be a 100 page thread when this is all said and done. Pioli must be shitting the bed right now, even if the story is true or not.

Just Passin' By
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Because the Patriots know EXACTLY what it looks like when teams are spying...

C'mon, man, you're better than this.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
How was it made a public spectacle?

I'm not saying Pioli can do no wrong but the gum wrapper story is just someones butt hurt.

I think you misunderstood my comment.

When I said "public" I meant the whole of the KC Chiefs INTERNAL management staff, not the public as in the media and fans.

A good, effective manager would have picked up the wrapper (probably immediately) and mentioned it to the janitorial employee at a 1-on-1 or something.

Instead, Pioli leaves it there and waits to see if someone picks it up - it's "bait" at that point. THAT activity right there is a good indication of Pioli's personality, but I digress.

After waiting for a good period of time, he picks it up, puts it in an envelope and then brings it out at an EXECUTIVE meeting, as if to say "see the lazy good for nothing people we have working here?"

That's not effective management and it's a hilariously silly way to run a company, let alone a football team.

Stephanie Melton said it best in the article:

“He was so focused on what seemed like unimportant details for the general manager of a football team,” she said. “We all had to step to the beat of his drum, but we all kept questioning: ‘How is this building a better football team?’

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
C'mon, man, you're better than this.

Better than what?

The reason the Patriots are so paranoid about people taping their practices is because THEY did it.

GTFO with this.

FringeNC
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
This is going to be a 100 page thread when this is all said and done. Pioli must be shitting the bed right now, even if the story is true or not.

Things will really get ugly if (when?) Cassel is the starter next and he struggles.

ILChief
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Things will really get ugly if (when?) Cassel is the starter next and he struggles.

Maybe he will get a new qb to take attention away from this

Just Passin' By
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Better than what?

The reason the Patriots are so paranoid about people taping their practices is because THEY did it.

GTFO with this.

The Patriots were penalized for openly filming games from the sideline, not for secretly taping other teams' practices. Even the allegations about the walkthrough were found to be baseless and resulted in the accusing paper making a complete retraction. My mistake, though. You USED to be better than this. That's apparently no longer the case.

philfree
01-17-2012, 10:11 AM

When I said "public" I meant the whole of the KC Chiefs INTERNAL management staff, not the public as in the media and fans.

A good, effective manager would have picked up the wrapper (probably immediately) and mentioned it to the janitorial employee at a 1-on-1 or something.

Instead, Pioli leaves it there and waits to see if someone picks it up - it's "bait" at that point. THAT activity right there is a good indication of Pioli's personality, but I digress.

After waiting for a good period of time, he picks it up, puts it in an envelope and then brings it out at an EXECUTIVE meeting, as if to say "see the lazy good for nothing people we have working here?"

That's not effective management and it's a hilariously silly way to run a company, let alone a football team.

“He was so focused on what seemed like unimportant details for the general manager of a football team,” she said. “We all had to step to the beat of his drum, but we all kept questioning: ‘How is this building a better football team?’

"He left it there" what does that mean really? I figure he walked past it and thought "My crack clean up crew will be along to police this area anytime now." or something like that. But after a couple of days when it was still there he thought "Where's my cleanup crew? Then at the end of the week he was like "WTF?" So he used it as a tool to get his point across to all the department heads not just the guy responsible for trash pickup. And since the wrapper was there for a week someone wasn't doing their job very well. I just don't see this as a deal.

If I was the new GM I'd want to get everyone to step to the beat of the same drum. And since I would be the GM it would be my drum so :shrug:

Chocolate Hog
01-17-2012, 10:12 AM
This certainly isn't going over well with the fans but just wait until a little over a month from now when it's announced Cassel will be the starter for 2012.

Carlota69
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM

Yep. My take is Pioli is passive/aggressive, and those are the worst people to work for or to be in a relationship with. I bet his wife is miserable.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 10:19 AM
He's not passive aggressive, he's aggressive and ego-maniacal to the max.

That's why he lost his shit over someone accidentally occupying his parking space.

gblowfish
01-17-2012, 10:22 AM
That's why he lost his shit over someone accidentally occupying his parking space.

You'd be pissed too if Clark Hunt made you pay $30 a day to park!

philfree
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
We need more details from the people who are saying these things.

“When you’re mentally abused, you eventually lose it, too,” one former longtime Chiefs executive said

This means nothing without some details. How was this person mentally abused?

Unless people step forward with some stories supported by facts all this stuff is just butt hurt to me.

I'd like to hear what happened to make people think their phones are tapped or the rooms are bugged. Saying they feel that way with no contributing story or evidence is just a bunch of BS. It could be true but where's the evidence?

MahiMike
01-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow, that's crazy. Guess Fatlock was right bout EGOli.

Carlota69
01-17-2012, 10:38 AM
He's not passive aggressive, he's aggressive and ego-maniacal to the max.

He also made them feel for days that he was going to fire them without truly talking to them about it and then letting it go (At least thats how the article made it out to be). Passive/Aggressive...Not picking up the wrapper and waiting for someone to do it and seeing how long it would take instead of picking it up and speaking to jhis janitor and employees about it, thats also passive/aggressive behavior. However, I do agree with you that hes ego-manical as well

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
The Patriots were penalized for openly filming games from the sideline, not for secretly taping other teams' practices. Even the allegations about the walkthrough were found to be baseless and resulted in the accusing paper making a complete retraction. My mistake, though. You USED to be better than this. That's apparently no longer the case.

I USED to be a lot of things. Permissive of complete and utter failure in the franchise I root for isn't one of them.

The Chiefs are a joke. They USED to be a joke just on the field, now they're a joke off of it too.

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 10:55 AM
"He left it there" what does that mean really? I figure he walked past it and thought "My crack clean up crew will be along to police this area anytime now." or something like that. But after a couple of days when it was still there he thought "Where's my cleanup crew? Then at the end of the week he was like "WTF?" So he used it as a tool to get his point across to all the department heads not just the guy responsible for trash pickup. And since the wrapper was there for a week someone wasn't doing their job very well. I just don't see this as a deal.

If I was the new GM I'd want to get everyone to step to the beat of the same drum. And since I would be the GM it would be my drum so :shrug:

If it sat there a week, you're damn right someone wasn't doing their job very well.

So why not address it with THAT someone instead of taking it to an executive meeting and show it off, as if it's somehow indicative of a "loser" mentality infecting the football team?

At the end of the day, it's supposed to be about football. It wasn't a RAT in a gameday women's restroom, it was a gum wrapper that nobody other than Pioli saw.

A 21-28 win/loss record suggests he should probably stop worrying about gum wrappers and start worrying about football.

DaWolf
01-17-2012, 11:54 AM
If it sat there a week, you're damn right someone wasn't doing their job very well.

So why not address it with THAT someone instead of taking it to an executive meeting and show it off, as if it's somehow indicative of a "loser" mentality infecting the football team?

At the end of the day, it's supposed to be about football. It wasn't a RAT in a gameday women's restroom, it was a gum wrapper that nobody other than Pioli saw.

A 21-28 win/loss record suggests he should probably stop worrying about gum wrappers and start worrying about football.

It starts from the top down. If a janitor isn't doing his job, that likely means no one is holding him accountable. Now if you have a meeting of managers, including, let's say, the Director of Facilities and the Vice President of Stadium Operations, you can use this as an example of things that they are essentially accountable for, because the people working under their umbrella are not taking care of business.

I really don't think it has anything to do with a candy wrapper, that's getting blown out of proportion. It has to do with making sure your employees, including the managers, understand accountability.

That said, I agree with you that Pioli's job really should be focused on putting a winner on the field. The proof will be in the pudding here in year four. They picked a coach which allows them to stay the course and not use the excuse of rebuilding. They're apparently sticking with the same QB for the same purpose. So essentially, there are no excuses for not winning next year...

Okie_Apparition
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Look there's a gum wrapper in the stairwell I'll pick it up
..wait a minute that's not my responibility, I don't get paid to do that
I'm above that kind of work & don't take pride in my surroundings

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I really don't think it has anything to do with a candy wrapper, that's getting blown out of proportion. It has to do with making sure your employees, including the managers, understand accountability.

Why did Pioli need a fucking candy wrapper to make that point?

Why not show film of Matt Cassel?

DaWolf
01-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Why did Pioli need a ****ing candy wrapper to make that point?

Why not show film of Matt Cassel?

LMAO

Okie_Apparition
01-17-2012, 12:20 PM
If Drew Brees was the QB they'd have pride in the Chiefs & it's facilities
Now who has the balls to tell him that

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
That candy wrapper was probablly in the stairwell that the employees weren't suppose to use.

scott free
01-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Daaang, Blabb with the heavy lifting Woodward & Bernstein style expose`.

Pioli clearly needs a dressing down of his own, that executive of the decade stuff has CLEARLY consumed him.

chiefzilla1501
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
It starts from the top down. If a janitor isn't doing his job, that likely means no one is holding him accountable. Now if you have a meeting of managers, including, let's say, the Director of Facilities and the Vice President of Stadium Operations, you can use this as an example of things that they are essentially accountable for, because the people working under their umbrella are not taking care of business.

That said, I agree with you that Pioli's job really should be focused on putting a winner on the field. The proof will be in the pudding here in year four. They picked a coach which allows them to stay the course and not use the excuse of rebuilding. They're apparently sticking with the same QB for the same purpose. So essentially, there are no excuses for not winning next year...

I don't care about that gum wrapper detail or the coffee detail. People hate that they're doing that, but I bet they at least understand the strategic value.

The stuff about which stairwells you can/can't use, how you are supposed to address Pioli, etc... That's micromanagement to a point where even stuff that doesn't matter, matters. I don't care if people are stressed about making sure every i is dotted and every number is right. I think it's stupid if people are stressing about who they eat lunch with, where they're allowed to walk, etc...

htismaqe
01-17-2012, 03:48 PM
I don't care about that gum wrapper detail or the coffee detail. People hate that they're doing that, but I bet they at least understand the strategic value.

The stuff about which stairwells you can/can't use, how you are supposed to address Pioli, etc... That's micromanagement to a point where even stuff that doesn't matter, matters. I don't care if people are stressed about making sure every i is dotted and every number is right. I think it's stupid if people are stressing about who they eat lunch with, where they're allowed to walk, etc...

But how can we possibly build a winning football team if people keeping using the north stairwell?

Douche Baggins
01-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Total. Bullshit.

Statement from Chiefs PR on why Scott Pioli wasn't quoted in Arrowhead Anxiety:

"The majority of the employees were on the business side and they report to (Team President) Mark Donovan so we felt he was most appropriate to answer the questions."

Carlota69
01-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Total. Bullshit.
Wheels of the bus, meet MArk Donovan.

Pioli is a fucking douche bag.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Chiefs pretty much called Babb a liar today.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1/18/2715984/kansas-city-chiefs-todd-haley-nfl

"The Chiefs have notified us that these claims are completely false and no such allegations have been made to our office," the statement reads.

Discuss Thrower
01-18-2012, 12:24 PM
Took them long enough.

gblowfish
01-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Memo to all Chiefs Employees:
Please make sure to speak clearly into the smoke detector in your office cube at all times.
I know you will.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
Scott "Big Bro" Pioli

Dr. Gigglepants
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
This morning on 610 am, Danny Parkins said that Greg Aiello was going to issue a statement today, on whether or not the NFL was going to conduct an investigation into these claims. Anyone else hear anything on that?
Posted via Mobile Device

bevischief
01-18-2012, 02:48 PM
NFL has already said they won't look into it.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Wow.

Classic case of the NFL not giving a shit about the little people.

the Talking Can
01-18-2012, 03:00 PM

does an alarm go off every time the pats are mentioned on the intertubes?

because without fail some 'patriot way'-flunkie shows up to cry and or lecture about the sanctity and dignity of all things patriot?

jesus fucking bat signals, batman...while you're here could you lecture us some more on how awesome Matt Cassell is?

we miss that...you crying about how no one understands Cassel's inner-awesomeness...

-King-
01-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Wow.

Classic case of the NFL not giving a shit about the little people.

The little people who work NFL front office? ROFL . In that case, you don't care about the little people either seeing as how you steal money from the NFL when you make your videos.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
The little people who work NFL front office? ROFL . In that case, you don't care about the little people either seeing as how you steal money from the NFL when you make your videos.

You don't even comprehend what I'm saying. This case is about Pioli and his mafia acting like jerks to peons at Arrowhead, and potentially breaking the law, going out of their way, to be even bigger jerks.

And what I do doesn't rob the NFL of a dime, idiot.

ILChief
01-18-2012, 03:20 PM

They said they won't look into it at this time since they haven't received a complaint.

Monty
01-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Today at work, I saw a packet of salt on the floor leading to my office.

I picked it up and threw it away.

chuxtrux
01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I too now pick up candy wrapper when I see them on the floor. Pioli has shown us the way towards salvation.

Reaper16
01-18-2012, 03:52 PM

I too now pick up candy wrapper when I see them on the floor. Pioli has shown us the way towards salvation.
Leadership is contagious. And look, your teams have won exactly as many playoff games as Pioli's have since you started caring about empty wrappers.

Guru
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Now lets stop focusing on candy wrappers and start focusing on the position of QB.

Messier
01-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Now lets stop focusing on candy wrappers and start focusing on the position of QB.

We have focued more on candy wrappers in the last few days than anyone.

whoman69
01-18-2012, 04:39 PM
This morning on 610 am, Danny Parkins said that Greg Aiello was going to issue a statement today, on whether or not the NFL was going to conduct an investigation into these claims. Anyone else hear anything on that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Good thing they didn't find the secret entrance.

http://images.wikia.com/darkshadows/images/f/f3/0305.jpg

Agent V
01-18-2012, 05:29 PM

I don't know, man. I'm still a little pissed about that wrapper.

Monty
01-18-2012, 05:31 PM
I don't know, man. I'm still a little pissed about that wrapper.

I'm concerned about that packet of salt. Somewhere, someone is having less than satisfactory french fries.

Agent V
01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
NFL: Being suspected of spying on your employees without their knowledge is okay. Just wear the correct socks, please.

Please.

Brock
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM

I see a championship in your future.

Brock
01-18-2012, 05:35 PM
does an alarm go off every time the pats are mentioned on the intertubes?

because without fail some 'patriot way'-flunkie shows up to cry and or lecture about the sanctity and dignity of all things patriot?

jesus fucking bat signals, batman...while you're here could you lecture us some more on how awesome Matt Cassell is?

we miss that...you crying about how no one understands Cassel's inner-awesomeness...

LMAO

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Holy shit.

You called the Patriot Way "fraudulent" and you are way off base there. Probably because you are marinating in pure jealousy, but I can't say as I blame you based on what you are forced to endure out there.

The Patriot Way is a complete system that uses the talents of every single person in the organization to try to achieve the impossible: compete for a championship every year.

Granted, some years will be better than others as witness 2008 when were had to be content with 11-5 and barely missing the playoffs, but most years over the last 11 we ranged from pretty good to historically good. In case you haven't guessed 2008 was the year where you cheap-shotted Brady to the IR and Cassell did OK for himself.

The Patriot Way is for real. Check the record. Brady is better than ever, Belichick has never been more loveable, the drafts have been great and we're loaded again next spring (big surprise!). We take only good people of high moral character who love football and give them the support system they need to excel. Our guys are smart, healthy and good-looking.

They get the hottest babes and yet somehow stay annoying humble about it.

They get little respect, but rise above the opinions of others, because they motivate from within. One game at a time. Get better in all three phases. It is what it is.

Patriot Way. Too bad your guys suck or maybe you'd be getting a good up-close look at it this weekend, but you'll just have to watch in on TV and pray that we lose.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
The Patriot way begins and ends with Tom Brady.

Any of those fucking teabaggers that say any differently are the biggest lying sacks of shit ever.

O.city
01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Although I like watching the dude play qb, cause it's magnifico, I can't wait for Brady to retire.

Without Tom Brady, thats a 4 win football team.

dallaschiefsfan
01-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Total. Bullshit.

Quote:
Statement from Chiefs PR on why Scott Pioli wasn't quoted in Arrowhead Anxiety:

"The majority of the employees were on the business side and they report to (Team President) Mark Donovan so we felt he was most appropriate to answer the questions."

Yeah...well...I guess Pioli wasn't the GM & President before he apparently was during wrapper-gate. As I understand it the President title for Donovan is a joke. Pioli has Carl's power without the public title. Donovan is simply his avatar on the business side...

The Bad Guy
01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Prior to Brady, the Patriot way did not exist. No one talked about this front-runner philosophy. BB certainly didn't have a Browns way.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Prior to Brady, the Patriot way did not exist. No one talked about this front-runner philosophy. BB certainly didn't have a Browns way.

The Patriots owe most of their success to Brady, but they would have been very good over the past 10 years regardless. I think they would have won their first SB with Bledsoe starting, he wouldn't have gotten them to the multiple SBs like Brady, but just as I think Trent Green could have lead the '99 Rams to a SB win, I think Bledsoe could have done what Brady did that first year.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Jesus.

we have COMPETED for the super bowl every year since Brady took over, including in 2008 when Brady went down and we didn't even make the play-offs.

And here's why.

Competing for the SuperBowl is 100 % a state of mind. The New England Patriots have played every game in the Tom Brady ERA believing in their ability to win that game.

Of course they haven't won them all, but they have won far more than anyone in the last eleven years. They have played every season without fail fully expecting to be in the Playoffs and with a goal of winning it all. They always think they can win and thus, win or lose, they are absolutely competing.

Some Malcontent from the middle of nowhere doesn't get to tell me my Pats aren't competing for a SB.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Patriot Fans
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kMvW-_pkX3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I can see why Pioli is so insecure, look at all the Patriot dick suckers who come to the rescue when the "Patriot Way Bullshit" is discussed.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2012, 08:22 PM
The Patriots owe most of their success to Brady, but they would have been very good over the past 10 years regardless. I think they would have won their first SB with Bledsoe starting, he wouldn't have gotten them to the multiple SBs like Brady, but just as I think Trent Green could have lead the '99 Rams to a SB win, I think Bledsoe could have done what Brady did that first year.

No fucking way. Drew Bledsoe was not winning any SBs.

Brady was the absolute perfect fit for that team just like Warner was with the Rams.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2012, 08:22 PM

Who knows? But I disagree mostly. Bledsoe was a decent QB, but not a great QB. If I remember correctly, in 2000 and 2001 before he got hurt, Bellichelk was not 100% satisfied with him.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Who knows? But I disagree mostly. Bledsoe was a decent QB, but not a great QB. If I remember correctly, in 2000 and 2001 before he got hurt, Bellichelk was not 100% satisfied with him.

Just looked it up. Bledsoe was 5-13 under Bellechick before he got injured.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Brady wasn't anything special that season. The D really stepped up. In fact Bledsoe came into the playoff game against the Steelers, threw the only TD and won the game for the Pats.

Brady kind of became Brady in that first SB when he drove the team down at the end for the FG.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:33 PM
No ****ing way. Drew Bledsoe was not winning any SBs.

Brady was the absolute perfect fit for that team just like Warner was with the Rams.

I'm not saying Green puts up the exact same numbers as Warner, but you could tell before Green got hurt this was a different Rams team. I think they still would have won the SB with Green starting every game.

Dave Lane
01-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Although I like watching the dude play qb, cause it's magnifico, I can't wait for Brady to retire.

Without Tom Brady, thats a 4 win football team.

Yeah ask the Colts about it.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Brady wasn't anything special that season. The D really stepped up. In fact Bledsoe came into the playoff game against the Steelers, threw the only TD and won the game for the Pats.

Brady kind of became Brady in that first SB when he drove the team down at the end for the FG.

Bledsoe was 0-2 before he got injured. Brady then went 11-3 and won the SB. Yea, his numbers were not spectacular, but he made plays in critical situations that win games.

tk13
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying Green puts up the exact same numbers as Warner, but you could tell before Green got hurt this was a different Rams team. I think they still would have won the SB with Green starting every game.

That preseason before he got hurt, Green was something like 28/32 passing... and he was perfect in the first half of the game he got hurt. He was absolutely shredding defenses.

FAX
01-18-2012, 08:40 PM

I spew yep all over this post.

That drive to win his first SB was both impressive and unexpected. It was XXXVI, I think.

Some clutch passes in that final drive to push the ball into FG range. It was as though the skies parted and Brady was anointed and destined in those last few minutes to become one of the greats.

They still let you play defense back then, too.

FAX

Deberg_1990
01-18-2012, 08:43 PM
That preseason before he got hurt, Green was something like 28/32 passing... and he was perfect in the first half of the game he got hurt. He was absolutely shredding defenses.

Heh, this was always one of the great "what ifs?". After seeing Green in KC for 5 or 6 years, I'll,just say he was no Kurt Warner. Not even close.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Bledsoe was 0-2 before he got injured. Brady then went 11-3 and won the SB. Yea, his numbers were not spectacular, but he made plays in critical situations that win games.

The Team played better around Brady too, they kind of "circled the wagons". Bledsoe did win the playoff game and got them into the SB.

Brady is amazing, and is the difference between a good and a great team. I'm saying I think the Pats would have been a good team these last 10 years, a playoff team, Brady made them a multiple SB team.

FAX
01-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Heh, this was always one of the great "what ifs?". After seeing Green in KC for 5 or 6 years, I'll,just say he was no Kurt Warner. Not even close.

It's funny how people can see things so differently.

In my eyes, Green was an excellent quarterback. You could flip a coin between Green and Warner and not lose. Green, however, had the edge in the run game. He was the best blocking quarterback to ever play.

FAX

Deberg_1990
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM

In my eyes, Green was an excellent quarterback. You could flip a coin between Green and Warner and not lose. Green, however, had the edge in the run game. He was the best blocking quarterback to ever play.

FAX

Green was a good solid QB. The best QB in KC since Dawson. But when asked to carry the team on his shoulders, most of the time he failed.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM

FAX

I miss Trent Green.

Messier
01-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Green was a good solid QB. The best QB in KC since Dawson. But when asked to carry the team on his shoulders, most of the time he failed.

When was he asked to carry the team on his shoulders? Are you talking about a playoff game where the D couldn't force one punt? Green played a good game that day. NO fail, except with your post.

tk13
01-18-2012, 08:56 PM

But it's all relative. Warner's a great QB. If Green wins the Super Bowl with that team he's probably thought of as the great QB too. That's all people remember about Warner now. They don't ever bring up the middle 5 years of his career where he was considered washed up... and had a 8-23 record in his starts. All people remember is those first three years and the last two when he turned on the magic. But in those 5 years he has as many playoff wins and Super Bowl titles as Peyton Manning, with one more appearance... so he definitely did it differently than almost anyone else.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm pretty sure I just got placed on the Patriots Planet "miserable users" list, just for challenging New England's worldview of The Patriot Way with cold, hard facts, albeit stated in a slightly profane manner.

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure I just got placed on the Patriots Planet "miserable users" list, just for challenging New England's worldview of The Patriot Way with cold, hard facts, albeit stated in a slightly profane manner.

LMAO

Patriot fans are total fucking jokes. I hope Flaaco and Baltimore put an ass raping on them this weekend.

DeezNutz
01-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I hate all the bullshit about the Patriot Way, but the fluff piece on ESPN about Mrs. Kraft's death was pretty compelling. She sounds like she was a really good person and did a hell of a lot for the community.

NJChiefsFan
01-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Patriot fans are total ****ing jokes. I hope Flaaco and Baltimore put an ass raping on them this weekend.

My friend who is a Patriot fan doesn't mind admitting that recent problems with the defense puts BB's almighty mastermind persona in danger nor does he deny that the Patriot Way is mostly or entirely on Brady. He is pretty laid back, although a die-hard.

DRU
01-19-2012, 02:44 AM

How can you even say something like this? If it wasn't for a guy named Peyton Manning, Green would have been the man as far as QB's go there for a few years. He was second behind Manning in quite a few stats those years.

Not to mention he went toe to toe with Manning in the playoffs, answering every single score except for the fact that Priest Holmes fumbled and gave the Colts an extra possession in a game where neither team punted and we lost by 1 score.

Green did an outstanding job for us and it's a shame we didn't take advantage of it more than we did.

DRU
01-19-2012, 02:49 AM

FAX

2003, sunday night football at home against the Bills...

"Trent Green through a great block!!! What a block by Trent Green are you kidding!?" springing Holmes free for his 3rd TD of the game (12th on the year) as we proceeded to destroy them and move to 8-0. Green was on point that night, too, hitting Dante Hall up the seam for a long TD and again down the sideline on a dime.

Defense forced 7 turnovers in that game, too.

What a great year.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-19-2012, 03:57 AM
I hate all the bullshit about the Patriot Way, but the fluff piece on ESPN about Mrs. Kraft's death was pretty compelling. She sounds like she was a really good person and did a hell of a lot for the community.

This is clearly a big deal to Deez, so I expect his trolls to stay the fuck out of this thread.

Phobia
01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
And what I do doesn't rob the NFL of a dime, idiot.

Lots of people pay a subcription to see Chiefs highlights. I would but since you post it here, I don't have to. Thanks for that Clayton Wendler.

DeezNutz
01-19-2012, 05:32 AM
This is clearly a big deal to Deez, so I expect his trolls to stay the **** out of this thread.

LMAO

ChiefsandO'sfan
01-20-2012, 06:59 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

Recorded an appearance w/a local TV station today. Hour later, reporter called, said Chiefs caught wind; called station. Now spot won't air.

WOW really pioli

Douche Baggins
01-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Freaking strong-arm tactics.

Fuck this regime.

Messier
01-20-2012, 07:02 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

Recorded an appearance w/a local TV station today. Hour later, reporter called, said Chiefs caught wind; called station. Now spot won't air.

WOW really pioli

How can they do that? Really?

DTLB58
01-20-2012, 07:03 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

WOW really pioli

1) Damn your fast

2) Think they are trying to run Babb out of town or at the least make him feel not wanted?

3) Getting kinda difficult to root for the Chiefs these days, on and off the field. :mad:

Douche Baggins
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
How can they do that? Really?

If it's the local TV station that airs preseason games, really easy to cow them.

"If you air this report, you aren't airing any Chiefs preseason games anymore."

Mooooo.

Or if it's some other TV station, they could threaten to pull credentials.

Messier
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Why would they? Isn't everything he had to say already out there? If this is true, how stupid and paranoid can you get get?

stonedstooge
01-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Pioli gets into a pissing contest with the media, I don't think he will win it

Douche Baggins
01-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Whitlock needs to get in on this bukkake party and shoot a few ropes on Pioli's fat face.

FAX
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM
It appears that Dr. Evil has no shame.

Clark has done a deal with the Devil.

I swear to God, I pride myself on never littering ... even when a fast food burger explodes in my hands and blows little, tiny lettuce pieces all over my shirt and jacket and down my pants and my first instinct is to pitch that damn thing as far as I can out the window. Nevertheless, the next time I'm at Arrowhead, I'm dumping a grocery bag full of candy wrappers on their porch.

FAX

Messier
01-20-2012, 07:10 PM

Carl won for 15 years.

(the pissing contest, not actual NFL games.)

stonedstooge
01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
I'm really surprised a national writer hasn't picked up on this story yet. It's ripe for investigating

ILChief
01-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm really surprised a national writer hasn't picked up on this story yet. It's ripe for investigating

Maybe because it's a load of crap

whoman69
01-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Carl won for 15 years.

(the pissing contest, not actual NFL games.)

Maybe that's why the media is so cowed now-adays. But if you back anyone into a corner they're going to fight back. If you give the media nothing but fluff, they're going to believe you're hiding something.

GloryDayz
01-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Maybe because it's a load of crap

A loser family owns a team that lines their pocket with gold but can't win anything, and the national press will look into it?? Nope!

Reaper16
01-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I feel like I'm being held hostage by this front office. It's a terrible feeling.

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Getting Away, Going Home … Wednesday Cup O’Chiefs

February 1, 2012 - Bob Gretz |

Comments (25)

Over the weekend I learned former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley would be visiting with the Pittsburgh Steelers about their offensive coordinator’s job that came open last week with the firing of Bruce Arians.

That visit went down Tuesday in Pittsburgh and the results remain unknown. By the time you read this, a decision yeah or nay could already have been made. Late Tuesday evening, things appeared all quiet on the eastern front.

I can tell you this, never have I rooted for a coach to get a job as hard as I’m rooting for Haley to land with the black and gold. I’m always the first one to say be careful what you wish for because you might get it. I know that Haley would like to spend his 2012 season back home with the Steelers, the team that was so much a part of his youth. There’s almost a magical feel to the mere possibility.

More than anything, it would be the perfect antidote for Haley to recover from what he lived with over his final two seasons as head coach of the Chiefs.

We’ve all heard so much from Clark Hunt about how he wants his organization to be like the Steelers, and then he turns around and does things that are completely opposite of what would happen with the Rooney family. Maybe if this job works out, Haley will actually get a taste of the Steelers Way.

It’s become more and more apparent that even though he was named coach of the year by some outlets in 2010, won a division title and got the Chiefs into the playoffs with a lineup far from championship caliber, the organization wanted to dump him after that season. Unfortunately, neither Hunt nor GM Scott Pioli had the guts to pull the trigger and make the move, so worried were they about the public reaction to firing a coach that made the playoffs.

Instead, they kept him on board and went about making his life as head coach as miserable as possible. Second guessing of decisions to his face, to others in the organization, to friendly media types began almost immediately. Hunt would have preferred the Chiefs have kept Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator and gotten rid of Haley, but that’s not how things worked out.

There was constant harping at Haley about little things. The head coach went to a Lil’Wayne concert on a Monday night in August with some of his players and word spread out of the Chiefs offices around the league that Haley was a slacker, unwilling to work hard. There were snide comments in the national media, passed down the pipeline from the Chiefs front office about his mental stability and his supposedly uncontrollable temper. There were willing partners in the local media who were fed this pabulum as well, and they repeated it almost with glee.

There was the talk of how he dressed; his raggedy hat, his shaving habits, his sweatshirts and the like. Those last items really infuriated the home office in Dallas. The talk out of Hunt Central was that Haley did not represent what an NFL head coach should look like. Wonder if Bill Belichick has ever had Patriots owner Robert Kraft walk into his office and question him about his choice of hoodie with cutoff sleeves for his sideline apparel?

One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made.

For the last two seasons he was the head coach, Haley was one man in the boat with a single oar. There was nobody rowing in the same direction. I don’t buy a lot of conspiracy theories on any subject, but more and more it seems like the team’s unwillingness to spend money on new players going into last year when there were so many possibilities may have had motives other than saving a buck.

As has happened frequently with the powers in charge with the Chiefs, anything that happens even after a person leaves the building is blamed on the absent. The Kansas City Star story on the toxic environment around the team has been blamed on Haley around the bigwigs at team headquarters. Now, there’s talk that the team is not going to pay him the last year of his contract, because they fired him “with cause.” Cause was never a word that Hunt or Pioli used when they announced Haley’s firing on December 12.

Eventually, the Chiefs will pay Haley the money they owe him, even if he has to go to league arbitration and the court house to get the check. It will just be a continuation of the hapless behavior of a franchise that has become an NFL laughingstock. At the Senior Bowl last week there were 800 NFL team employees in Mobile. I didn’t talk to 800 or 400 or even 200. But over five days, I bet I spoke to 100 head coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, front office employees and scouts. Almost to a man, they wanted to know about the Star story. It seems that everyone in the league has read the toxic tale and not a single one of them made a comment to indicate they thought Haley was out of his mind for thinking his office was bugged and his phone tapped. Most of them were not surprised.

If Haley can jump to the stability that is the hallmark of the Rooney family and their operation of the Steelers, it will help wash away the last two years in the toxic soup of the Chiefs organization. In Pittsburgh right now, things are not perfect. Their early departure from the playoffs was not what’s expected each year. The team’s offense has been spotty and has drifted too far to the passing side, with not enough running game. Arians was fired and that has made quarterback Ben Roethlisberger unhappy. It seems like Roethlisberger is continually hurt, because he holds onto the ball so long and takes so many hits. They badly need to rebuild their offensive line, which has had massive injury problems over the last few seasons.

But, compared to what Todd Haley’s had to live with the past two years, it would be a day at the coaching beach, where he could coach and not have to constantly look over his shoulder.

htismaqe
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
You moved the Gretz post while I was posting a reply dammit! ROFL

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
You moved the Gretz post while I was posting a reply dammit! ROFL

Sorry it should go in here it is really sad what is going on at 1 arrowhead drive.

The Bad Guy
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Clark Hunt can shove his Goldman Sachs online class up his fruity ass.

htismaqe
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Sorry it should go in here it is really sad what is going on at 1 arrowhead drive.

Yep.

BossChief
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
I guess Gretz is just one more guy in Haleys corner through all of this. Interesting that he is so close to the situation and is likely the only respected reporter in KC and he sees things the same way I do.

You know what's really really sad?

Every bit of this likely links it's way back to Matt Cassel.

No matter what, Pioli is doing everything in his power to ensure Cassel stays...even if it means everybody else has to leave.

Sad

Mr. Laz
02-01-2012, 06:42 PM
so Gretz is now implying that the Chiefs didn't sign any free agents last year to deliberately lose so they could fire Haley?

Haley tanked games and Pioli/Hunt tanked a season?

wow

splatbass
02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
It appears that Dr. Evil has no shame.

Clark has done a deal with the Devil.

I swear to God, I pride myself on never littering ... even when a fast food burger explodes in my hands and blows little, tiny lettuce pieces all over my shirt and jacket and down my pants and my first instinct is to pitch that damn thing as far as I can out the window. Nevertheless, the next time I'm at Arrowhead, I'm dumping a grocery bag full of candy wrappers on their porch.

FAX

Actually, Mr. FAX, this is a pretty good idea. Everyone going to the first preseason game should bring a grocery bag of candy wrappers with them and dump them at Arrowhead to send Clark and Pioli a message.

htismaqe
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Actually, Mr. FAX, this is a pretty good idea. Everyone going to the first preseason game should bring a grocery bag of candy wrappers with them and dump them at Arrowhead to send Clark and Pioli a message.

ROFL

That's awesome. Everybody get a package of that old school Juicy Fruit and leave the little tinfoil wrappers everywhere. That would be priceless.

KCChiefsFan88
02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Clark and Fat Scott's accountability crap rings hollow when mediocre employees such as Bill Muir are allowed to remain with the team and leave on their terms. Bill Muir's retirement was a legit retirement... this wasn't him getting forced out. If it was a force out retirement it would have happened a lot sooner.

Why didn't the Chiefs fire Muir immediately after the season? He was the offensive coordinator for perhaps the worst offense in franchise history.

Why didn't Clark and Fat Scott apply the same level of accountability that they apparently apply to other non-football operational staff at One Arrowhead Drive?

FAX
02-01-2012, 06:59 PM
so Gretz is now implying that the Chiefs didn't sign any free agents last year to deliberately lose so they could fire Haley?

Haley tanked games and Pioli/Hunt tanked a season?

wow

That's definitely the implication. I'm not sure I believe that. However, there is enough "smoke" around this stinking pile of garbage that even a blind gynecologist could figure out somebody's vagina is ablaze.

The most damning element of the article is the claim that 100-plus NFL executives and coaches are unsurprised at the revelations in Babb's article. It's almost unthinkable that people would take that seriously ... yet, apparently, they do.

Whether you like or dislike Haley makes no difference. This situation is fast becoming moronic and has already passed the counter-productive stage.

To me, the behavior demonstrated by Clark and Dr. Evil is completely antithetical to the Chiefs' traditional image and Lamar's approach to the game and his employees. I know you can't live in the past, but neither should you seek out a future in which you pack lukewarm rabbit dung up your nose every week.

This entire debacle is disgusting and I can't figure out why I'm supposed to care about a team that's self-destructive and whose reputation in the league continues to be this laughable.

FAX

Phobia
02-01-2012, 07:00 PM
FWIW, Gretz' NFL beat career starting in Pittsburgh and he has fond memories of his time there. I always take that into account whenever reading any of his tripe that includes the Steelers organization.

FAX
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
FWIW, Gretz' NFL beat career starting in Pittsburgh and he has fond memories of his time there. I always take that into account whenever reading any of his tripe that includes the Steelers organization.

The core of the article has little to do with the Steelers. It's about the environment and conditions in which Haley was allegedly forced to work.

Forget the Steelers ... compared to the Chiefs, a Soprano crew sounds like a better career choice.

FAX

dirk digler
02-01-2012, 07:12 PM
More proof Clark Hunt is an idiot. Good piece Gretz maybe you can land the exclusive Haley interview

Phobia
02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
The core of the article has little to do with the Steelers. It's about the environment and conditions in which Haley was allegedly forced to work.

Forget the Steelers ... compared to the Chiefs, a Soprano crew sounds like a better career choice.

FAX
Agree. Just putting out that other bit for future reference.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Hunt would have preferred the Chiefs have kept Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator and gotten rid of Haley, but that’s not how things worked out.

Maybe Clark isn't quite so dumb and just lacks some balls? Anyone who says Haley wasn't toxic is crazy. I am not saying all the fault fall on his shoulders but let's face the facts...he fired Galey 2 weeks before the season started. Weis couldn't stand to work for him. Muir was promoted as a token so Haley could be the OC.

The common denominator there is Haley. Yes he got Bowe and DJ to play up to their potential but that a HC does not make. Our offense sucked with Haley as OC the first year and the phantom OC last year. The only time our offense was effective was when Weiss was around. And the fact he was only around for one year sheds light on Haley as well. I am sure Pioli plays a part in all that but nonetheless Haley was the common thread.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 07:31 PM
And while you can blame Piloli and Clark for Cassel and not signing depth you can't blame them for the way this team looked this year. From training camp on we looked lost. We never looked prepared. We were unorganized, couldn't get plays in and were not ready to play football. 9 of the 27 blowouts the Chiefs have suffered in their history came under Haley. That's 1/3 in 3 years time. We saw it with training camp this year. We saw the yoga vs. football mentality. We saw us unprepared and whipped on our home opener and again in the 2nd game. So while Pioli and Hunt share blame on personel it's the HC's job to have the players ready to play every Sunday and Haley fell way short of that this year.

Chiefnj2
02-01-2012, 07:46 PM

FAX

The press hates Pioli. They hated him from the first press conference where Pioli decided to treat the media like little children. They weren't professionals to him - they were a nuisance part of the job. He will talk to them, but when he wants, how he wants, in the manner he wants. He put up the huge veil of secrecy, etc.

The press wasn't going to come down on him when everyone was so happy the Peterson era was over, but you could bet they were going to open fire when things hit a rough patch, which they now have.

I don't know why Pioli hired the combustible and raggedy Haley in the first place. He doesn't fit the 'no wrappers on the floor' mentality that Pioli has, and that Pioli wants his staff to have.

Do I think that behind closed doors Pioli made it hard on Haley, yes. Do I think Haley did little things to poke his boss back, sure.

At the end of the day, for good or bad, or until I jump on the bandwagon of the team that drafts RGIII, as a Chief fan we are stuck with Clark and Scott. Let's hope the stories are untrue, or there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 07:51 PM
And while you can blame Piloli and Clark for Cassel and not signing depth you can't blame them for the way this team looked this year. From training camp on we looked lost. We never looked prepared. We were unorganized, couldn't get plays in and were not ready to play football. 9 of the 27 blowouts the Chiefs have suffered in their history came under Haley. That's 1/3 in 3 years time. We saw it with training camp this year. We saw the yoga vs. football mentality. We saw us unprepared and whipped on our home opener and again in the 2nd game. So while Pioli and Hunt share blame on personel it's the HC's job to have the players ready to play every Sunday and Haley fell way short of that this year.

We didn't look bad from training camp on. We looked bad for a few games then made a serious run. All behind a shitty QB and a negative running game. As I've said before, considering the major gaps we had at critical positions, especially at QB, this team didn't play bad in 2012.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:03 PM
We didn't look bad from training camp on. We looked bad for a few games then made a serious run. All behind a shitty QB and a negative running game. As I've said before, considering the major gaps we had at critical positions, especially at QB, this team didn't play bad in 2012.

We played good against 4 shit teams then shit the bed in our own house to Miami and Denver.

Brock
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM

That's a shall we say homer perspective.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:08 PM
The best showings we had after our 4 game run against the winless was Pittsburgh which was due to our D, Chicago which was due to Cutler being out, a fluke hail Mary pass for a TD and our D and the games with Orton which were of course post Haley.

We were playing for sole posession of 1st place at our house against a winless Dolphins team and not only did we get blown out you had a ton of players on offense saying after the game that Miami "did a bunch of stuff we weren't prepared for". Sorry that screams fail all over the HC.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM
We played good against 4 shit teams then shit the bed in our own house to Miami and Denver.

News flash, Miami and Denver were two very good teams. And no matter how you spin it, no coach should be expected to be a playoff team when Matt Cassel without Jamaal Charles is leading your team. And especially when your only option is Palko and Stanzi.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:12 PM
News flash, Miami and Denver were two very good teams. And no matter how you spin it, no coach should be expected to be a playoff team when Matt Cassel without Jamaal Charles is leading your team. And especially when your only option is Palko and Stanzi.

Denver was a very good team? Tebow completed what, 4 passes that game or something like that? Miami was a better team but when you are in your house playing for 1st place against a winless team I don't give a fuck who you are playing, there is no excuse to get blown out like we did and have players saying Miami did a bunch of stuff they weren't prepared for.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
That's a shall we say homer perspective.

No, the homer perspective is to throw your ex-coach under the bus and defend the administration for an abortion of a decision at the QB position, and the absolute inability to field enough depth on the roster to the point where you have Sabby Piscitelli, Palko/Stanzi, Thomas Jones/Jackie Battle as starters at three not just key but critical positions.

People are whining about losing games, nevermind that we were trying to win games with a roster that wasn't all that good.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:15 PM
And let's not forget the Haley temper tantrum in NY. I agree we got fucked on consecutive calls but a HC has to maintain his composure. That was the most embarassing thing since the Monday night meltdown.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM
No, the homer perspective is to throw your ex-coach under the bus and defend the administration for an abortion of a decision at the QB position, and the absolute inability to field enough depth on the roster to the point where you have Sabby Piscitelli, Palko/Stanzi, Thomas Jones/Jackie Battle as starters at three not just key but critical positions.

People are whining about losing games, nevermind that we were trying to win games with a roster that wasn't all that good.

If we were trying to win games Orton would have played sooner than he did as well as Stanzi. When Haley refused to put Stanzi in at NY it showed he was just a dumbass.

The fact is Haley did some good things on this team but he managed to run off 2 OC's in as many years and promote probably the worst choice there was in his 3rd.

I for one don't want Cassel as our QB but I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see him and the rest of the offense post Haley.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Denver was a very good team? Tebow completed what, 4 passes that game or something like that? Miami was a better team but when you are in your house playing for 1st place against a winless team I don't give a **** who you are playing, there is no excuse to get blown out like we did and have players saying Miami did a bunch of stuff they weren't prepared for.

It doesn't fucking matter that Miami was winless. It matters what Miami looked like when Matt Moore took over. The week before, in Moore's first start, he took the Super Bowl Giants team deep into the 4th quarter before the Giants finally pulled ahead, and then Moore led the team to plenty of victories after the Chiefs' game. The reason they caught the Chiefs by surprise is because they completely changed philosophies. And yes, Denver was a tough team when teams hadn't yet figured out how to scheme Tebow. In both cases, the Chiefs caught the front end of a team completely changing philosophy. By the way, even though the Chiefs exposed Tebow the second start, they still won by only a hair under a much better QB.

Brock
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM
And let's not forget the Haley temper tantrum in NY. I agree we got fucked on consecutive calls but a HC has to maintain his composure. That was the most embarassing thing since the Monday night meltdown.

I didn't even care about that, but I did nearly throw up when I saw a formation without Bowe, Breaston, or Baldwin on the field. I was like "I get it, he WANTS to be fired".

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
If we were trying to win games Orton would have played sooner than he did as well as Stanzi. When Haley refused to put Stanzi in at NY it showed he was just a dumbass.

The fact is Haley did some good things on this team but he managed to run off 2 OC's in as many years and promote probably the worst choice there was in his 3rd.

I for one don't want Cassel as our QB but I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious to see him and the rest of the offense post Haley.

Bullshit. Starting Orton against Pittsburgh after being with the team a few days would have been reckless, especially given the way Carson Palmer got grilled a few weeks earlier. And you couldn't have expected Orton to play against New York. The only game I thought Orton should have absolutely positively started was against Chicago, a game where he did end up getting subbed in only to hurt himself (and a game which the Chiefs ultimately won).

The OC decisions were an embarrassment. But we still don't really know who made the call on any of the three--I still believe that he definitely had no say in Gailey and had limited say in Weis.

To your final point... I don't know why you want to see Cassel post-Haley, but did it ever occur to you that Haley deserved a chance to show what offense he would run post-Cassel?

FringeNC
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Damn. It was obvious Gretz felt this way, but I didn't think he had the guts to put in writing.

Getting Away, Going Home … Wednesday Cup O’Chiefs

February 1, 2012 - Bob Gretz |

Comments (25)

Over the weekend I learned former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley would be visiting with the Pittsburgh Steelers about their offensive coordinator’s job that came open last week with the firing of Bruce Arians.

That visit went down Tuesday in Pittsburgh and the results remain unknown. By the time you read this, a decision yeah or nay could already have been made. Late Tuesday evening, things appeared all quiet on the eastern front.

I can tell you this, never have I rooted for a coach to get a job as hard as I’m rooting for Haley to land with the black and gold. I’m always the first one to say be careful what you wish for because you might get it. I know that Haley would like to spend his 2012 season back home with the Steelers, the team that was so much a part of his youth. There’s almost a magical feel to the mere possibility.

More than anything, it would be the perfect antidote for Haley to recover from what he lived with over his final two seasons as head coach of the Chiefs.

We’ve all heard so much from Clark Hunt about how he wants his organization to be like the Steelers, and then he turns around and does things that are completely opposite of what would happen with the Rooney family. Maybe if this job works out, Haley will actually get a taste of the Steelers Way.

It’s become more and more apparent that even though he was named coach of the year by some outlets in 2010, won a division title and got the Chiefs into the playoffs with a lineup far from championship caliber, the organization wanted to dump him after that season. Unfortunately, neither Hunt nor GM Scott Pioli had the guts to pull the trigger and make the move, so worried were they about the public reaction to firing a coach that made the playoffs.

Instead, they kept him on board and went about making his life as head coach as miserable as possible. Second guessing of decisions to his face, to others in the organization, to friendly media types began almost immediately. Hunt would have preferred the Chiefs have kept Charlie Weis as offensive coordinator and gotten rid of Haley, but that’s not how things worked out.

There was constant harping at Haley about little things. The head coach went to a Lil’Wayne concert on a Monday night in August with some of his players and word spread out of the Chiefs offices around the league that Haley was a slacker, unwilling to work hard. There were snide comments in the national media, passed down the pipeline from the Chiefs front office about his mental stability and his supposedly uncontrollable temper. There were willing partners in the local media who were fed this pabulum as well, and they repeated it almost with glee.

There was the talk of how he dressed; his raggedy hat, his shaving habits, his sweatshirts and the like. Those last items really infuriated the home office in Dallas. The talk out of Hunt Central was that Haley did not represent what an NFL head coach should look like. Wonder if Bill Belichick has ever had Patriots owner Robert Kraft walk into his office and question him about his choice of hoodie with cutoff sleeves for his sideline apparel?

One of the things that gnawed at Haley almost immediately upon his arrival in the building was how little things became big things, the old making a mountain out of a mole hill. Plus, there was the inability of the organization to move quickly and pull the trigger on various situations. There were constant conversations, back and forth between the offices and Dallas, more meetings and still sometimes a decision couldn’t get made.

For the last two seasons he was the head coach, Haley was one man in the boat with a single oar. There was nobody rowing in the same direction. I don’t buy a lot of conspiracy theories on any subject, but more and more it seems like the team’s unwillingness to spend money on new players going into last year when there were so many possibilities may have had motives other than saving a buck.

As has happened frequently with the powers in charge with the Chiefs, anything that happens even after a person leaves the building is blamed on the absent. The Kansas City Star story on the toxic environment around the team has been blamed on Haley around the bigwigs at team headquarters. Now, there’s talk that the team is not going to pay him the last year of his contract, because they fired him “with cause.” Cause was never a word that Hunt or Pioli used when they announced Haley’s firing on December 12.

Eventually, the Chiefs will pay Haley the money they owe him, even if he has to go to league arbitration and the court house to get the check. It will just be a continuation of the hapless behavior of a franchise that has become an NFL laughingstock. At the Senior Bowl last week there were 800 NFL team employees in Mobile. I didn’t talk to 800 or 400 or even 200. But over five days, I bet I spoke to 100 head coaches, assistant coaches, GMs, front office employees and scouts. Almost to a man, they wanted to know about the Star story. It seems that everyone in the league has read the toxic tale and not a single one of them made a comment to indicate they thought Haley was out of his mind for thinking his office was bugged and his phone tapped. Most of them were not surprised.

If Haley can jump to the stability that is the hallmark of the Rooney family and their operation of the Steelers, it will help wash away the last two years in the toxic soup of the Chiefs organization. In Pittsburgh right now, things are not perfect. Their early departure from the playoffs was not what’s expected each year. The team’s offense has been spotty and has drifted too far to the passing side, with not enough running game. Arians was fired and that has made quarterback Ben Roethlisberger unhappy. It seems like Roethlisberger is continually hurt, because he holds onto the ball so long and takes so many hits. They badly need to rebuild their offensive line, which has had massive injury problems over the last few seasons.

But, compared to what Todd Haley’s had to live with the past two years, it would be a day at the coaching beach, where he could coach and not have to constantly look over his shoulder.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I didn't even care about that, but I did nearly throw up when I saw a formation without Bowe, Breaston, or Baldwin on the field. I was like "I get it, he WANTS to be fired".

They were doing this after Haley got fired too. Baldwin was off the field a ton once Romeo took over. Even more so, in fact.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Bullshit. Starting Orton against Pittsburgh after being with the team a few days would have been reckless, especially given the way Carson Palmer got grilled a few weeks earlier. And you couldn't have expected Orton to play against New York. The only game I thought Orton should have absolutely positively started was against Chicago, a game where he did end up getting subbed in only to hurt himself (and a game which the Chiefs ultimately won).

The OC decisions were an embarrassment. But we still don't really know who made the call on any of the three--I still believe that he definitely had no say in Gailey and had limited say in Weis.

To your final point... I don't know why you want to see Cassel post-Haley, but did it ever occur to you that Haley deserved a chance to show what offense he would run post-Cassel?

I think it's fair to say Haley deserved a chance without Cassel. It's also fair to say he had that to a point and chose to stick with Palko who he had brought in the year prior and it was no secret Palko was his guy. He could have pulled Palko against NE and didn't. He could have pulled Palko against Pit and didn't. He could have pulled Palko against NY and didn't.

Brock
02-01-2012, 08:25 PM
They were doing this after Haley got fired too. Baldwin was off the field a ton once Romeo took over. Even more so, in fact.

Nah. At no other time in the season was there a formation on the field without some combination of those three. Only Offensive Mastermind Todd Haley could come up with something like that.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Nah. At no other time in the season was there a formation on the field without some combination of those three. Only Offensive Mastermind Todd Haley could come up with something like that.

That's total BS.

You can look at the game threads. It came up a few times that Baldwin didn't see much of the first quarter. We wondered if he was in Romeo's doghouse.

petegz28
02-01-2012, 08:30 PM

Hey, he could bench those 3 but he couldn't put Stanzi in what was a lost game because it was "unwinnable".

Brock
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
That's total BS.

You can look at the game threads. It came up a few times that Baldwin didn't see much of the first quarter. We wondered if he was in Romeo's doghouse.

No, YOU can look at the game threads. I'm not disputing whether or not Baldwin's snaps went up or down, I don't care. That has no relevance to what I said.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I think it's fair to say Haley deserved a chance without Cassel. It's also fair to say he had that to a point and chose to stick with Palko who he had brought in the year prior and it was no secret Palko was his guy. He could have pulled Palko against NE and didn't. He could have pulled Palko against Pit and didn't. He could have pulled Palko against NY and didn't.

He could have pulled Palko in NE for a 5th round rookie QB who they believe wasn't yet ready. We have no fucking clue what Stanzi looks like in practice. Maybe he didn't feel comfortable putting a rookie in the fire that was that young and unprepared. Or maybe it was just a dumb decision. We don't know. There are just as many legit reasons not to play Stanzi as there are bad.

And that's what bothers the shit out of me. People are sooooo pissed off about him starting Palko. It amazes me that no one in this group questions what the fuck we're doing when your next best option when your shitty starting QB gets hurt is a journeyman with a noodle arm and a 5th round rookie who may or may not have been at all ready. People blame Haley for the Palko decision. I blame Pioli for putting Haley in that shitty position to have to choose between two very unappealing options as your plan B.

And we know Haley brought Palko to KC. You have no idea if he was blindly loyal to him because Pioli NEVER gave Haley a competitive enough option to force Palko off the roster.

NJChiefsFan
02-01-2012, 08:40 PM

I can't be 100%, but I am pretty sure that happened again, on a few 1 WR sets.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:43 PM
No, YOU can look at the game threads. I'm not disputing whether or not Baldwin's snaps went up or down, I don't care. That has no relevance to what I said.

And besides, you don't think some of that had a little something to do with the fact that Haley knew he had to run a horizontal offense because his QB couldn't throw over 20 yards? It's not like Haley was so dumb he didn't know his QB's limitations. The entire offense was based largely on a bunch of quick screens and slants.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Damn. It was obvious Gretz felt this way, but I didn't think he had the guts to put in writing.

Cue the part where people discredit the story because Gretz was a disgruntled employee. Gretz brings back a few memories that are more than a little interesting: 1) Haley was on the chopping block before the season even started. We heard whispers about that all season long. So BS that he was fired because of poor performance or Tyler Palko. He was fired because Pioli finally found an excuse to do it. Haley was on the bubble IMMEDIATELY AFTER MAKING THE PLAYOFFS in his second season; 2) the unkempt appearance. We heard rumblings about that too, which is hilarious, because I remember bringing up how funny it was that they're hung up on Haley's hat but not on Hoody's disgusting cut-off sweatshirts.

You put the picture together, and it's pretty crystal clear. Pioli wanted Haley fired and he was willing to annoy the bejeezus out of Haley until he did. Between the two shadily leaked stories about Haley. Questioning his appearance. Certainly plausible that Pioli questioned the hell out of every one of Haley's decisions, as Gretz says. Who knows... maybe Haley thought his phone was bugged because Pioli used his mind games to make him paranoid enough to believe so.

As of right now, teams have expressed interest in Haley even though they know about the Arrowhead Anxiety story. And head coaches and coordinators have no interest in joining Kansas City. And now we have multiple writers with sources saying Kansas City is a complete cluster****, and the only people who have defended the Chiefs' practices are... members of the front office.

I don't care how much you love the Chiefs. This story is getting worse every day.

splatbass
02-01-2012, 09:05 PM

1. He didn't play Orton in the game two days after he arrived in KC. No coach would have. He brought him in to the second game and he immediately got injured. I can't think of a game where a QB played two days after arriving at the team. Can you? You are really unreasonable on this point. And none of us know how prepared he was for that second game. It is entirely possible that the coaches reasonably decided he needed more time.

2. You have no idea how Stanzi looked in practice and whether it was reasonable for Haley to start Palko over him. Stop pretending you do.

splatbass
02-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Cue the part where people discredit the story because Gretz was a disgruntled employee. Gretz brings back a few memories that are more than a little interesting: 1) Haley was on the chopping block before the season even started. We heard whispers about that all season long. So BS that he was fired because of poor performance or Tyler Palko. He was fired because Pioli finally found an excuse to do it. Haley was on the bubble IMMEDIATELY AFTER MAKING THE PLAYOFFS in his second season; 2) the unkempt appearance. We heard rumblings about that too, which is hilarious, because I remember bringing up how funny it was that they're hung up on Haley's hat but not on Hoody's disgusting cut-off sweatshirts.

You put the picture together, and it's pretty crystal clear. Pioli wanted Haley fired and he was willing to annoy the bejeezus out of Haley until he did. Between the two shadily leaked stories about Haley. Questioning his appearance. Certainly plausible that Pioli questioned the hell out of every one of Haley's decisions, as Gretz says. Who knows... maybe Haley thought his phone was bugged because Pioli used his mind games to make him paranoid enough to believe so.

As of right now, teams have expressed interest in Haley even though they know about the Arrowhead Anxiety story. And head coaches and coordinators have no interest in joining Kansas City. And now we have multiple writers with sources saying Kansas City is a complete cluster****, and the only people who have defended the Chiefs' practices are... members of the front office.

I don't care how much you love the Chiefs. This story is getting worse every day.

When Bob Gretz writes an article this critical of the Chiefs you have to think there is something to it. He has never been very critical of the Chiefs.

chiefzilla1501
02-01-2012, 09:19 PM
When Bob Gretz writes an article this critical of the Chiefs you have to think there is something to it. He has never been very critical of the Chiefs.

Well, the grain of salt is that Gretz was not just a fan of the Carl Peterson administration, but a raving fan. And there have definitely been sour grapes since Pioli took over, even before he really did much of anything.

But agreed that Gretz is throwing quite a few things in this article that I don't think he throws out without legit sources.

Okie_Apparition
02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm expecting a CYA Stanzi was injured story to leak out
emergency QB only

DeezNutz
02-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Gretz notes the organization's laughingstock status. Gretz? That's impressively embarrassing.

tk13
02-01-2012, 10:04 PM
The clues are all there if you want to look hard enough. Haley may be nuts for all we know... but it's pretty clear the Chiefs were floating rumors out there about getting rid of him for a while now. Pretty much all of last year really... there were tons of rumors about Haley and Pioli having problems. Maybe it's all coming from Haley. Either way it's obvious the situation was toxic. Amazing we won 7 games, really.

jspchief
02-01-2012, 11:58 PM

This is what bothers me. This team is beginning to resemble the Raiders under the Vampire's ownership. Not only is it embarrassing as a fan, its likely to have an impact on who's willing to come to KC.

The Executive of the Year is fucking this franchise up at a record pace.

Douche Baggins
02-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Gretz just dropped a Whitlockian bomb on the Chiefs.

http://i44.tinypic.com/fcuvq0.jpg

King_Chief_Fan
02-02-2012, 08:52 AM
The power of the media.

How much is lash back since the horrible Chiefs won't tell the media everything or anything.

How does the media know this shit?

If you all are that embarrassed and don't like what is going on....jump.
Until the owner changes, nothing changes.

This is nothing but football...a game. You all take the most simple stuff and make it sound like the end of earth....

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Sports Radio 810 WHB
Tomorrow on Sports Radio 810, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli joins The Border Patrol at 7:30am. He will talk about a number of topics including new coach Romeo Crennel, accusations from Todd Haley, the subject of Haley's contract and an update on the offensive coordinator search.

Frosty
02-02-2012, 01:46 PM
He will talk about a number of topics including new coach Romeo Crennel, accusations from Todd Haley, the subject of Haley's contract and an update on the offensive coordinator search.

While saying absolutely nothing.

Chiefnj2
02-02-2012, 03:00 PM
Sports Radio 810 WHB
Tomorrow on Sports Radio 810, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli joins The Border Patrol at 7:30am. He will talk about a number of topics including new coach Romeo Crennel, accusations from Todd Haley, the subject of Haley's contract and an update on the offensive coordinator search.

I obtained a transcript of the taped interview:

"We are excited about Romeo. The allegations are ridiculous, but I can't say more at this time. We are taking the search for an OC seriously and taking our time to make sure we get the right candidate."

talastan
02-02-2012, 03:07 PM

"We are excited about Romeo. The allegations are ridiculous, but I can't say more at this time. We are taking the search for an OC seriously and taking our time to make sure we get the right candidate. It's all part of the process."

FYP

KCUnited
02-02-2012, 03:13 PM

"We are excited about Romeo. The allegations are ridiculous, but I can't say more at this time. We are taking the search for an OC seriously and taking our time to make sure we get the right candidate."

We've won with Matt.

ChiefsandO'sfan
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Did babb fuck us in free agency with this?

L.A. Chieffan
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Did babb fuck us in free agency with this?

football players cant read

htismaqe
03-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Did babb **** us in free agency with this?

So you're suggesting that it's the MESSENGER'S FAULT?

Babb didn't fuck anybody...

SCOTT PIOLI did.

Douche Baggins
03-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Scott Pioli bukkake's 70,000 every Sunday.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Did babb **** us in free agency with this?

If Haley was hired in spite of all the stories written about us.
If this was the talk of the combine...

Football is a fraternity. Everybody knows. Everybody knew this was going down. And if the rumor is that Pioli is a notorious lowballer, every agent knows that too.

whoman69
03-14-2012, 04:43 PM
If Haley was hired in spite of all the stories written about us.
If this was the talk of the combine...

Football is a fraternity. Everybody knows. Everybody knew this was going down. And if the rumor is that Pioli is a notorious lowballer, every agent knows that too.

Sounds like Peyton Manning knows.

KCDC
03-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I have to believe that the word got around to most folks even without the story; but, the story definitely tarnished the front office and the franchise is the eyes of the public, media, and the players that had not really had much contact with KC.

I'm pretty sure that PM knew or would have found out easily enough about the dysfunctional front office we have. Orton, who couldn't wait to get out of KC quickly enough, would have told him.

chiefzilla1501
03-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Sounds like Peyton Manning knows.

I think everybody knows. We saw smoke signals for years. Now it's a fire.

Discuss Thrower
03-14-2012, 04:58 PM
football players cant read

Neither can their law school educated agents, right?

Douche Baggins
11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
This should be a thing this year. If we win 2 games. Or less. LMAO

After a while, a saying was adopted by top administrators for behavior that didn’t fit the new standards: “That’s so 2-and-14,” they would say, referring to the Chiefs’ win-loss record in 2008.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14/3371495/arrowhead-anxiety-turnover-off.html#storylink=cpy