PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet There will be no DOTY bans

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 03:50 PM
After further review, and feedback from the community, we've decided to nix banning anyone from the DOTY competition. It was supposed to be in fun, but it obviously wasn't fun for anyone but me, and a handful of others.

No one is here to rule with some iron fist. Since this has nothing to do with board policy, we are doing away with this idea. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to further serving your moderating needs over the coming weeks and years. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Chiefsplanet.com.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused in anyone's lives. Best wishes.

OnTheWarpath58
Fucking pussies.

LMAO

Count Zarth
FREE HOOTIE

ask flop that, since the post that pushed Phil over the top was me saying the bans for DOTY were idiotic if that means I'm reinstated now in his new thread

FAX
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
So ... does this mean that Mr. Hootie can come back?

FAX

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Good. Expect a counter-suit in the near future.

Bowser
01-15-2012, 03:52 PM
THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM

3rd&48ers
01-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Like sand in an hour glass

Mr. Flopnuts
Hootie is gone for 2 years. That ship has sailed. It's over.

WhitiE
Meh

3rd&48ers
01-15-2012, 03:55 PM
http://www.chrisvonada.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/the-tribe-has-spoken.jpg

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Two years is fucking extreme. You'd think he made someone's wife fat.

KCrockaholic
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM

I guess I missed it...What'd he do? Public deserves to know, right?

FAX
01-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Fair winds and following seas, HMS Hootie.

FAX

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 03:58 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm164/captain_slavick/Defcon/defcon_4.gif

if this wrong isn't righted within one week, I'll never come back as 'The Meat Dragon', but I'll be the biggest pain in the ass mult ever.

They have one week to rectify their wrongs and I'll go on like this never happened...otherwise, they've finally pushed me over the edge with this ridiculousness.

DeezNutz

Why? 2 years?

-King-
I guess I missed it...What'd he do? Public deserves to know, right?

He said that DOTY bans were stupid....

Seriously.

DeezNutz
01-15-2012, 03:59 PM
So...you can come back to a site that allows pretty much anything, Hootie, but you cannot bitch. Because you're Hootie.

OK?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 04:00 PM
This shit is well documented in the Hootie thread. Read up on it.

Frazod
So can we have a big group hug now? :grouphug:

KCrockaholic
He said that DOTY bans were stupid....

Seriously.

Is that seriously it?

Predarat
01-15-2012, 04:01 PM
I thought it was 2 days, not 2 years?

OnTheWarpath58
Two years is fucking extreme. You'd think he made someone's wife fat.

Two years is extreme?

If it hadn't been for Flopnuts and I going to bat for him, he never would have been reinstated to begin with.

He was made aware that as a condition of reinstatement, he was playing by a different set of rules. He agreed. To my understanding, he was even warned earlier this week that he was walking a fine line.

I wish the guy could have just talked ball and stayed out of the fray, but he couldn't.

DeezNutz
This shit is well documented in the Hootie thread. Read up on it.

There are over 1000 posts of complete bullshit and dick measuring in that thread. Can you please provide a short synopsis?

Buck
01-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I want to rescind my vote then.

JASONSAUTO
So...you can come back to a site that allows pretty much anything, Hootie, but you cannot bitch. Because you're Hootie.

OK?
that about sums it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Extra Point

OK?

Not OK. I haven't put a dime into the Chiefs, nor CP. Does this make me a bad guy?

Yes, it does. Ban me, then.

ChiTown
01-15-2012, 04:03 PM

Huh? What do you mean that ship has sailed? This is the internetwebs. Anything can be reversed. Don't be such a drama queen. It's very unbecoming.

Bowser
01-15-2012, 04:03 PM
There are over 1000 posts of complete bullshit and dick measuring in that thread. Can you please provide a short synopsis?

OTWP provided a pretty accurate overview, but I will admit I'm still not sure what it was specifically he said or did to get himself shitcanned.

KCrockaholic
01-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Hmm. Does seems a little extreme for it being such a minor incident.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:05 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm164/captain_slavick/Defcon/defcon_4.gif

This probably isn't the way to go about getting a ban lifted.

-King-
Two years is extreme?

If it hadn't been for Flopnuts and I going to bat for him, he never would have been reinstated to begin with.

He was made aware that as a condition of reinstatement, he was playing by a different set of rules. He agreed. To my understanding, he was even warned earlier this week that he was walking a fine line.

I wish the guy could have just talked ball and stayed out of the fray, but he couldn't.

Examples?

I didn't see any posts of his that were extreme by CP standards at all. The vast majority of his posts are in football threads since he came back.

OnTheWarpath58
OTWP provided a pretty accurate overview, but I will admit I'm still not sure what it was specifically he said or did to get himself shitcanned.

I'm not sure either, other than to say it wasn't one specific post. Seems like it was building up for a week or so.

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Two years is extreme?

:harumph:

hey OTWP, I can play that game, too...if it wasn't for CrazyCoffey abusing the infraction system TWICE against me resulting in him banning me, no bannings would have ever occurred in the first place. But did he ever get any shit for that? Did he lose his infracting privileges? Hmm...I don't think so!

OnTheWarpath58
01-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Examples?

I didn't see any posts of his that were extreme by CP standards at all. The vast majority of his posts are in football threads since he came back.

I don't have specifics. One of the mods can post specifics if they choose.

But I think it's fair to say that a "different set of rules" means just that. You may not see anything extreme, but that's not the standard he was being judged by, or agreed to be judged by as a condition of his reinstatement.

If the dude had just put a few folks on ignore as suggested, we probably wouldn't be here right now.

KCrockaholic
01-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Scott Pioli secretly runs CP. I knew it. Always micro-managing and expecting us to pick up our own candy wrappers.

OnTheWarpath58
01-15-2012, 04:10 PM
:harumph:

This is a perfect example of why Hootie will never get it.

Comparing misuse of the infraction system to the comments made (in multiple posts) is beyond ridiculous. Not only are they not in the same ballpark, you're not even playing the same fucking sport.

It's like comparing a speeding ticket to murder.

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Hootie's comments were akin to murder? Really?

ChiTown
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM
You fellas realize this is a message board and not real life, right?

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:12 PM

So he's a rapist and a murderer! :eek:

-King-
01-15-2012, 04:13 PM
LMAO

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 04:14 PM
You fellas realize this is a message board and not real life, right?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Two years? LMAO

FAX
Who did he kill?

FAX

OnTheWarpath58

Do you even know WTF he said?

Only about 5 people saw it before the mods scrubbed it.

Loose moderation is one thing, there are still lines, and he didn't just tiptoe over it.

Frazod
Who did he kill?

FAX

The moderators' control over the BB, apparently. LMAO

Bowser
01-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't care one way or another about this, really. But it seems obvious that when all Hootie had to do was shut the fuck up, he couldn't pull it off. The guy has a great mind for football, and can seemingly be a smart dude when he chooses to, but just not in this case. It's not like he couldn't see this coming.

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Do you even know WTF he said?

Only about 5 people saw it before the mods scrubbed it.

Loose moderation is one thing, there are still lines, and he didn't just tiptoe over it.

I guess I missed that. I was under the impression he said the DOTY contest was stupid.

Extra Point
01-15-2012, 04:17 PM
R8ers is like the Chinese to the US: he has put more money into the Planet than we need to know.

OnTheWarpath58
I guess I missed that. I was under the impression he said the DOTY contest was stupid.

I'm talking about his previous dustup, and eventual reinstatement. Months ago.

Baconeater
This probably isn't the way to go about getting a ban lifted.
But you have to admit that's a pretty cool graphic.

OnTheWarpath58
I don't care one way or another about this, really. But it seems obvious that when all Hootie had to do was shut the fuck up, he couldn't pull it off. The guy has a great mind for football, and can seemingly be a smart dude when he chooses to, but just not in this case. It's not like he couldn't see this coming.

+1

Count Zarth
I'm talking about his previous dustup, and eventual reinstatement. Months ago.

Oh. I don't really care about that.

Two years is dumb.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM

they are talking about the original permaban

edit: too late.

Baconeater
01-15-2012, 04:18 PM
And two years IS ridiculous. Might as well say he's perma-banned.

dirk digler
01-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you mods.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 04:20 PM

You can't seriously (still) think the current ban is about that.

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM

I know what it's about.

OnTheWarpath58
01-15-2012, 04:22 PM

It's amazing how many bleeding hearts show up in these situations without a fucking clue as to what actually happened.

Same thing happened with the original permaban.

This place isn't a democracy. Let the mods do their jobs. And if you don't like it, find the fucking door.

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I still say a short leash exemption on a site like this is ridiculous and he was set up to fail. If you don't feel they can come back as a full member and act like themselves, leave them banned without another chance. But I guess that's what they are doing now.

Also, the original banning was deserved so I'm not saying with full conviction that he should be back.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:23 PM

The truth is irrelevant. It's how many times the same lies are whined about over and over and over.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 04:24 PM
After further review, and feedback from the community, we've decided to nix banning anyone from the DOTY competition. It was supposed to be in fun, but it obviously wasn't fun for anyone but me, and a handful of others.

No one is here to rule with some iron fist. Since this has nothing to do with board policy, we are doing away with this idea. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to further serving your moderating needs over the coming weeks and years. Thank you for your continued loyalty to Chiefsplanet.com.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused in anyone's lives. Best wishes.

So I gave up bribing for nothing. Awesome.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Thank you mods.

Our pleasure. If something we want to do regarding the community isn't fun for the community, we'll adjust. I was pretty sincere when I said thanks for the feedback. Particularly the constructive feedback from posters like yourself.

ChiTown
This place isn't a democracy. Let the mods do their jobs. And if you don't like it, find the ****ing door.

LMAO

That's priceless

Mr. Flopnuts

I can't win. I quit.......

Mr. Flopnuts
:fire:

Rams Fan
Examples?

Phobia has said repeatedly that Hootie had an agreed to a different set of rules after he was reinstate.

Hootie went against those rules, and was banned for 2 years.

What we may consider not being against the rules may be against his agreement.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I still say a short leash exemption on a site like this is ridiculous and he was set up to fail. If you don't feel they can come back as a full member and act like themselves, leave them banned without another chance. But I guess that's what they are doing now.

It was a failed experiment... one that most mods were on the fence about. I just hope our stock price doesn't suffer tomorrow morning.

Bowser
Our pleasure. If something we want to do regarding the community isn't fun for the community, we'll adjust. I was pretty sincere when I said thanks for the feedback. Particularly the constructive feedback from posters like yourself.

BRING BACK THE FUCKING TAGS YOU FASCIST PRICKS

Am I doing it right?

Frazod
It's amazing how many bleeding hearts show up in these situations without a fucking clue as to what actually happened.

This place isn't a democracy. Let the mods do their jobs. And if you don't like it, find the fucking door.

The problem is they've already shown weakness by reversing themselves on an issue today. The mob is fully empowered now. Or at least the handful of loudmouths who fancy themselves as the mob.

3rd&48ers
01-15-2012, 04:27 PM
It's amazing how many bleeding hearts show up in these situations without a ****ing clue as to what actually happened.

This place isn't a democracy. Let the mods do their jobs. And if you don't like it, find the ****ing door.

That is it in a nutshell

Baconeater
You'll always be my douche of the year.

Kyle DeLexus
It was a failed experiment... one that most mods were on the fence about. I just hope our stock price doesn't suffer tomorrow morning.

I know I'm selling now, but I might buy back in later.

Rams Fan
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
The problem is they've already shown weakness by reversing themselves on an issue today. The mob is fully empowered now. Or at least the handful of loudmouths who fancy themselves as the mob.

Mob?

The majority of the board was against it.

I wouldn't say that is a mob.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 04:28 PM
BRING BACK THE FUCKING TAGS YOU FASCIST PRICKS

Am I doing it right?

No.

Yes.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 04:30 PM

It was the latter.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 04:31 PM
I can't win. I quit.......

I was kidding Flop...... mostly.

:D

I didn't think the bannings were necessary but it wasn't going to have any real impact on my life. It's all good.

But it did kill my fun... lol.

dirk digler

I appreciate all the mods you guys have a thankless job.

OnTheWarpath58
It was the latter.

This.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
You'll always be my douche of the year.

Aww thanks Bug. You'll always be my favorite too scarecrow.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:33 PM
It was the latter.

Well, it's going to tough on you guys for a while. I hope you're prepared to deal with it.

cabletech94
01-15-2012, 04:34 PM

ya got mine, babe.

dirk digler

It is not weakness when you reverse a stupid decision.

Dr. Facebook Fever
I appreciate all the mods you guys have a thankless job.

This is true.

And I notice you came up short of thanking them... then it wouldn't be thankless anymore.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:35 PM
It is not weakness when you reverse a stupid decision.

Sure it is. You compound one mistake by making another.

O.city
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
It's amazing how many bleeding hearts show up in these situations without a ****ing clue as to what actually happened.

Is that last post in the Pioli's book about how he runs a franchise? Seems like that is straight from his mouth.

Which begs the question is OTWP Pioli.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
ya got mine, babe.

***fist bump***

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Glad to see you want Cassel back next year. To let him go or bring in competition would just compound that mistake by making another.

cabletech94
***fist bump***

***pounds*** & fireworks!!!!!

OnTheWarpath58
Is that last post in the Pioli's book about how he runs a franchise? Seems like that is straight from his mouth.

Which begs the question is OTWP Pioli.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

dirk digler
This is true.

And I notice you came up short of thanking them... then it wouldn't be thankless anymore.

You are a douchebag

So if Pioli cut Cassel tomorrow he is making another mistake?

FAX
01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't know ... our fabulously talented mods do a pretty good job, I suppose. It is certainly a thankless task which is why I always wanted to be one ... having, through the years, grown accustomed to never being thanked, and all.

Still, if the "short leash" included "never criticize a mod's idea about banning people as a fun joke", I'm not sure that's much of a leash. It's more like being gagged with duct tape and chained to a cow's underbelly.

FAX

Kyle DeLexus
***pounds*** & fireworks!!!!!

Dude you just pounded another guy.....or a teenage girl, I'm still not sure.

crazycoffey
Fucking pussies.

LMAO

/thread

Frazod

:facepalm:

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Repost

Kyle DeLexus

Well by your logic it would be showing weakness.

O.city
http://i41.tinypic.com/2gwgp4j.jpg

I was messing with ya Piol....er Scott.

LMAO

FAX
And what about Cassel? What if Pioli cuts him?

FAX

cabletech94
01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Dude you just pounded another guy.....or a teenage girl, I'm still not sure.

don't knock it, uhm....'til you try it?

Kyle DeLexus

FAX

This exactly. I was trying to think of a way to say this.

dirk digler

LMAO

Was that too complicated?

Just teasing you Frazod...:D

cabletech94

FAX

if wishes were fishes, this'd be an aquarium. but that's in another thread.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Well by your logic it would be showing weakness.

I'm powerless in the face of your ability to apply the same logic to completely unrelated and incomparable things.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 04:45 PM
I was kidding Flop...... mostly.

I didn't think the bannings were necessary but it wasn't going to have any real impact on my life. It's all good.

But it did kill my fun... lol.

I know, and I am sorry. My post was in jest my friend. I'm trying to make light of the situation.

Frazod
LMAO

Was that too complicated?

More like overwhelmingly stupid. But that's been the theme of the day.

Bearcat
Well, it's going to tough on you guys for a while. I hope you're prepared to deal with it.

Eh, I think this is the 2nd time I've been on this side of a modgate, but I've seen enough to know how it works.

- The mods do something that could remotely be seen as controversial.
- A small, whiny devil's advocate group forms
- We all talk about the good old days, and about how things are changing for the worse, how the mods have some explaining to do because you know, it's the people's right to know everything that goes on behind the scenes of a free & privately owned message board
- A bunch of threads are created, and everyone who wasn't around earlier that day is confused and wants answers, but doesn't want to read a 1000 post thread.
- The board gets distracted by something shiny and the planet moves on like nothing happened, until a mod makes another decision that will surely change the planet forever.

OnTheWarpath58
01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Eh, I think this is the 2nd time I've been on this side of a modgate, but I've seen enough to know how it works.

- We all talk about the good old days, and about how things are changing for the worse, how the mods have some explaining to do because you know, it's the people's right to know everything that goes on behind the scenes of a free & privately owned message board
- A bunch of threads are created, and everyone who wasn't around earlier that day is confused and wants answers, but doesn't want to read a 1000 post thread.
- The board gets distracted by something shiny and the planet moves on like nothing happened, until a mod makes another decision that will surely change the planet forever.

LMAO

That sums it up nicely.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:48 PM
LMAO

That sums it up nicely.

Pretty much. :D

dirk digler
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
More like overwhelmingly stupid. But that's been the theme of the day.

Sorry I was just messing with you.

We will just agree to disagree on this. It is all good

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 04:52 PM

LMAO

Awesome

Kyle DeLexus
01-15-2012, 04:53 PM

This is completely false, to think that people will just for....oh a penny!

Okie_Apparition
I never opened one of those threads
why did I open this one

dirk digler
Back in the good ole days I didn't know who the mods were and if people got out of line we had skip take care of them.

Aww I wish things were like that again...

Frazod
01-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Back in the good ole days I didn't know who the mods were and if people got out of line we had skip take care of them.

Aww I wish things were like that again...

I kind of do that - only I go after pricks that deserve it instead of n00bs who log in and say hello.

mlyonsd
01-15-2012, 04:58 PM
I never opened one of those threads
why did I open this oneBecause it's Sunday and One Life to Live isn't on until tomorrow.

Dartgod
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I can't believe you 'tards came to R8ers' rescue.

POS shoulda been banned a looooong time ago.

htismaqe
01-15-2012, 05:06 PM
This place aint' the same since Phobia left.

keg in kc
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Wow, has it already been a year since our last annual dumb shit blowup thread? Or has this kind of idiocy become semi-annual?

Bowser
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Wow, has it already been a year since our last annual dumb shit blowup thread? Or has this kind of idiocy become semi-annual?

Semi annual, if not quarterly. It may switch to bi-weekly.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Semi annual, if not quarterly. It may switch to bi-weekly.

Aunt Flo?

Bowser
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Aunt Flo?

Indeed. Heh.

3rd&48ers
01-15-2012, 05:13 PM
Just a note to the Mods...

That was not a bribe, I just think you guys do a helluva job..

Your Friend
R8ers

Bowser
01-15-2012, 05:15 PM

Your Friend
R8ers

BAN HIM

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 05:18 PM

Your Friend
R8ers

So, when did the couple of weeks of being nice start? When does the ass pounding begin again? I'd like to set a reminder in my phone.

kthxbye

3rd&48ers
01-15-2012, 05:20 PM
So, when did the couple of weeks of being nice start? When does the ass pounding begin again? I'd like to set a reminder in my phone.

kthxbye

Not really interested now to be honest... It's the off season ..

Phobia
01-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Still, if the "short leash" included "never criticize a mod's idea about banning people as a fun joke", I'm not sure that's much of a leash.

Pulling the plug on Hootie's short leash experiment didn't have anything to do with his criticism of the DOTY bans. Clearly, we can handle that kind of criticism productively and find a solution that works in the end.

Hootie was brought back and his specific instructions were to avoid Frazod, Dartgod, and CrazyCoffee since he had a negative history with each of those guys. His additional instructions were to stop being a douchebag. He agreed and said he would just start posting like tk13. I thought that was a great idea.

After being brought back on the short leash program, Hootie was banned for 2 days over the holidays and was warned earlier in the week for an unprovoked attack on a n00b. He continued his caustic behavior with the VERY PEOPLE HE WAS TOLD TO AVOID (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8277295&postcount=1573) and the plug was pulled on the "short leash" experiment on Friday afternoon due to multiple violations of his "probation". He even acknowledged that he was in violation of his agreement at one point, (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8276825&postcount=1178) so I'm not sure why he's so shocked that he got the boot. One thing I've learned in years with dealing with Hootie is that it's never, ever Hootie's fault. It's always Dartgod, Frazod, CC, Phobia, or a girl for getting drunk and passing out.

Obviously, our idea of a "short leash" probation isn't stellar. We'll abandon that tactic.

Hootie has always been disrespectful of me and despite that, I've always been on board with bringing him back... until now. For those of you criticizing "2 years" - the original setting was "permanent" and I changed it at the last minute because I assumed Hootie would mature over a period of 2 years. I would like a cookie for that display of generosity, please.

Phobia
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
FWIW, the underlined and bolded sentences are clickable to his posts.

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
There are over 1000 posts of complete bullshit and dick measuring in that thread. Can you please provide a short synopsis?yeah, I would kind of like a cliff notes version since I don't know shit about what is going on. But probably don't care anyway.

3rd&48ers
yea the mods told me to put Dane's little brother on ignore and I did and it solved the problem..

The Mods here are very smart

crazycoffey
I was also told to avoid him, and asked for approval of his return, I want a cookie too.

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I was also told to avoid him, and asked for approval of his return, I want a cookie too.

I got a new picture!!!! ROFL

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 06:35 PM
How long will the term of Hootie's next ban be after he returns?

Chocolate Hog
01-15-2012, 06:36 PM
How long til we ban Clayton too?

Pablo
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
How long til we ban Clayton too?

Just wait until he catches a ban-happy mod on a bad day.

Gonzo
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
I got a new picture!!!! ROFL

Pretty sweet, huh?

DaFace
01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Just wait until he catches a ban-happy mod on a bad day.

Been there, done that.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 06:40 PM
yeah, I would kind of like a cliff notes version since I don't know shit about what is going on. But probably don't care anyway.

Hootie was banned for the 3rd time.

This happened.

See Phobia's post (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8300604&postcount=125).

You are here.

The shiny object has not been found at this time.

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Pretty sweet, huh?

I'm equally as gay as you are!

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Pulling the plug on Hootie's short leash experiment didn't have anything to do with his criticism of the DOTY bans. Clearly, we can handle that kind of criticism productively and find a solution that works in the end.

Hootie was brought back and his specific instructions were to avoid Frazod, Dartgod, and CrazyCoffee since he had a negative history with each of those guys. His additional instructions were to stop being a douchebag. He agreed and said he would just start posting like tk13. I thought that was a great idea.

After being brought back on the short leash program, Hootie was banned for 2 days over the holidays and was warned earlier in the week for an unprovoked attack on a n00b. He continued his caustic behavior with the VERY PEOPLE HE WAS TOLD TO AVOID (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8277295&postcount=1573) and the plug was pulled on the "short leash" experiment on Friday afternoon due to multiple violations of his "probation". He even acknowledged that he was in violation of his agreement at one point, (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8276825&postcount=1178) so I'm not sure why he's so shocked that he got the boot. One thing I've learned in years with dealing with Hootie is that it's never, ever Hootie's fault. It's always Dartgod, Frazod, CC, Phobia, or a girl for getting drunk and passing out.

Obviously, our idea of a "short leash" probation isn't stellar. We'll abandon that tactic.

Hootie has always been disrespectful of me and despite that, I've always been on board with bringing him back... until now. For those of you criticizing "2 years" - the original setting was "permanent" and I changed it at the last minute because I assumed Hootie would mature over a period of 2 years. I would like a cookie for that display of generosity, please.I've met Frazod, Dartgod and Phobia in real life. I have a real life connection with CrazyCoffeey due to the care packages. Some of my favorite people on the planet. I find Hootie to behumorous at times but always caustic and a in your face poster. Those posters that I just mentioned are good people. That many good people getting into it with one poster tells me the issue is the one person not the group of people.

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Been there, done that.

you're still protected

I like penis

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:46 PM
I've met Frazod, Dartgod and Phobia in real life. I have a real life connection with CrazyCoffeey due to the care packages. Some of my favorite people on the planet. I find Hootie to behumorous at times but always caustic and a in your face poster. Those posters that I just mentioned are good people. That many good people getting into it with one poster tells me the issue is the one person not the group of people.

I have had your jager bombs in arrowhead too.

Count Zarth
01-15-2012, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty serious. Hootie has been here for five years. I've talked to him a lot over the years privately. He's not leaving for two years.

Love is the most powerful force in the universe.

ChiefsNow
01-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Your bribery will never be forgotten. LMAO

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
you're still protected

I like penis

sneaky bastard.....

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Your bribery will never be forgotten. LMAO

I feel like I should probably look up the last Skip Towne region I was in and lost and pay some casino cash to my posse since they thought I was still trying to win and voted for me... although I know some of the votes were for real lol.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I like penis

GoChiefs?

ChiefsNow
01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
***fist bump***

ghey

crazycoffey
01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
GoChiefs?

she doesn't have a penis....

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
ghey

CC can say "I like penis" but I get a "ghey" for a fist bump...

Sigh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
she doesn't have a penis....

Look closer..... micropenis is hard to find.

ChiefsNow
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM

FAX

it would be a permaban.

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
...TY sir. I wasnt very happy about being banned from the King of the N00b thread by Phobia. But, it wasnt malicious, just trying to have some fun. I've had my name changed, my casino cash stolen, been temp banned for fun by a mod.

I think where it crosses the line is when you don't like the person or they were rude to your friend. Other than that grow a pair of nads and STFU.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
yea the mods told me to put Dane's little brother on ignore and I did and it solved the problem..

The Mods here are very smart

So why were you still whispering sweet nothings in my ear earlier today?

Another common theme of my fanbois - they're all lying fucking turds. LMAO

CaliforniaChief
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Can we at least make the DOTY pick up a gum wrapper?

Frazod
01-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Can we at least make the DOTY pick up a gum wrapper?

No, I'm sure all the sheep that empower them would scream bloody murder about that, too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 07:06 PM
No, I'm sure all the sheep that empower them would scream bloody murder about that, too.

I think you should pick up the damn wrapper and lovingly place it in the proper waste receptacle. You're the one who started all these shenannigans after all.

ChiefsNow
01-15-2012, 07:07 PM
I feel like I should probably look up the last Skip Towne region I was in and lost and pay some casino cash to my posse since they thought I was still trying to win and voted for me... although I know some of the votes were for real lol.

You didn't sign the contract with me for the next round. So I didn't vote.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 07:08 PM
You didn't sign the contract with me for the next round. So I didn't vote.

I guess you're SOL then heh. I didn't sign it with anyone past that second round but a few ol buddys had a my back anyway haha.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
I think you should pick up the damn wrapper and lovingly place it in the proper waste receptacle. You're the one who started all these shenannigans after all.

Nope. Every phase of this abortion falls squarely in the lap of the moderators. And I ain't one of them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Nope. Every phase of this abortion falls squarely in the lap of the moderators. And I ain't one of them.

The mods made you start DOTY? Just askin.

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 07:16 PM
You didn't sign the contract with me for the next round. So I didn't vote.Is there something going on in the DOTY more than the usual shennigans?

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Is there something going on in the DOTY more than the usual shennigans.

How long ya got?

Frazod
01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
The mods made you start DOTY? Just askin.

The mods approved the ban part, which, as you will recall, was NOT my idea.

And I also recall you were so deathly opposed to the whole concept that you BRIBED PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOU.

Seriously, cry me a fucking river.

BigRedChief
01-15-2012, 07:23 PM
How long ya got?The academy didn't approve of the idea or threads. So, I didn't follow along. But if involves putting douches in their place and calling them out.....Frazod is the right choice to get the job done.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-15-2012, 07:38 PM
The mods approved the ban part, which, as you will recall, was NOT my idea.

And I also recall you were so deathly opposed to the whole concept that you BRIBED PEOPLE TO VOTE FOR YOU.

Seriously, cry me a ****ing river.

fraz chill man... I'm wasn't accusing you of anything just having fun with the gum wrapper thing.

I need to remember to use more smilies.

Direckshun
01-15-2012, 07:42 PM
We desperately need a Wiki for Chiefsplanet.

Frazod
01-15-2012, 07:43 PM
fraz chill man... I'm wasn't accusing you of anything just having fun with the gum wrapper thing.

That would probably be a good idea.

Count Zarth

Not eligible.

Pawnmower
what a bunch of fuckign pussy ass crybabies

Baconeater
01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Egbert says we're not relevant.

|Zach|
01-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Imagine if the issue of banning someone who hasn't done anything bannable comes up again you will see all of this again.

|Zach|
01-15-2012, 08:17 PM

All he knows how to do is bicker with others.

He just assumes you hate him if you are talking to him. Understandable though.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Imagine if the issue of banning someone who hasn't done anything bannable comes up again you will see all of this again.

Good thing there's a lot of shiny stuff out there...

|Zach|
01-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Good thing there's a lot of shiny stuff out there...

Sorry you got caught up in a horrible idea that got reversed only to be left being passive aggressive about the whole thing.

Phobia
01-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Sorry you got caught up in a horrible idea that got reversed only to be left being passive aggressive about the whole thing.

Wait. Are you accusing somebody of being passive aggressive?

|Zach|
01-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Wait. Are you accusing somebody of being passive aggressive?

I am pretty much to the point with anyone here.

I just got a kick out of the tone of his posts describing this situation. "Like, oh we placated the whiny children."

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Really? I've posted 35 times today. I believe 35 of those posts are related to this drama, and at least half of those reiterate the same stuff over and over, just like what the other mods are saying.

So, 12 hours later, I apologize for not taking your post that makes it sound like you just signed in for the first time in 3 days seriously.

If you wanted my real opinion, it's not hard to find...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=623164

|Zach|
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Really? I've posted 35 times today. I believe 35 of those posts are related to this drama, and at least half of those reiterate the same stuff over and over, just like what the other mods are saying.

So, 12 hours later, I apologize for not taking your post that makes it sound like you just signed in for the first time in 3 days seriously.

I was just responding to a post that basically read "people were bothering us because they were too stupid to see my point of view and we changed our minds so we didn't have to hear them bitch"

Like we all just wanted to hear ourselves talk or something.

Phobia
01-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Linky no worky.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 08:49 PM
I was just responding to a post that basically read "people were bothering us because they were too stupid to see my point of view and we changed our minds so we didn't have to hear them bitch"

Like we all just wanted to hear ourselves talk or something.

That's my point of view of this kind of drama regardless of which side I'm on. Of course there are legit concerns, and I think they've been discussed ad nauseum.

There are also people who just want to play the 'us vs the mods' game. I thought it was ridiculous for the first decade I was here, and I think it's ridiculous now. I never cared for all the details before I became a mod, so I don't exactly care if people have every single detail now. And a lot of that has to do with the fact that once we explain it once, it just goes on and on as people log in to check out the board... and the same arguments get played out over and over.

Really though, it was a pretty light-hearted post... 'as the planet turns', what is incredibly important today is soon forgotten, etc.

Bearcat
01-15-2012, 08:51 PM
Linky no worky.

Damn... I was curious if it worked for others.

Bearcat -> Find more posts by Bearcat

Pawnmower
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.thenextgreatgeneration.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bros_icing.jpg

I googled 'bearcat gay' and this was #1 image on google

L.A. Chieffan
01-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I DEMAND REPARATIONS