PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley suspected Chiefs of bugging facility, cellphone

cavtrp1
01-15-2012, 11:23 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/haley_suspected_chiefs_of_bugging_facility_cellphone/9363281

At some point in our lives, most of us will experience sour grapes over a job that, for one reason or another, we were let go from. Whether it be Pizza Hut or Goldman Sachs, there’s usually a bit of lingering resentment after an employer terminates you.

Todd Haley’s case is no different, though his grapes — or more appropriately, arrows — go way beyond the realm of the NFL.

In a first-hand account by the Kansas City Star, Haley, just days after he was fired, opened up about what he perceived to be secretive — and illegal — operations inside the organization.

Haley suspected that “many rooms” at the team facility were “bugged,” and his own personal cellphone was “tampered with” during his time as Chiefs’ head coach. He believed the purpose of the alleged spying was to “monitor employees’ conversations.”

Now, this definitely reeks of paranoia by Haley, whose peculiar and volatile personality leads some to think he’s a few cards short of a deck. Though, there appears to be more Deep Throat here than just a disgruntled (former) employee.

The Star talked to “more than two dozen current and former employees” who hinted that Haley’s suspicions are valid, saying “intimidation and secrecy are among the Chiefs’ principal management styles.”

“When you’re mentally abused, you eventually lose it, too,” one former longtime Chiefs executive said.

The report proceeds to delve into GM Scott Pioli, whose tenure has supposedly been marred by “constant worry” and even “age discrimination” with the franchise’s upheaval in recent years.

“The level of paranoia was probably the highest that I had ever seen it anywhere,” another former high-ranking staffer said. “… If you make the wrong step, you might not be able to pay your mortgage.”

These are certainly severe accusations, which, if they hold water, could bring about a scandal the league hasn’t seen since SpyGate in 2007. However, it wasn’t wiretaps and FBI-like protocol that cost Haley his job. A string of losses and uninspired play by his team, capped off by a mid-December blowout loss at the hands of the Jets, ultimately led to his walking papers

boogblaster
01-15-2012, 11:26 PM
they'b watchin' you ......

Fritz88
01-15-2012, 11:27 PM
He's just throwing shit against the wall since getting no looks after being fired.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
01-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Chiefsplanet suspected dumbass of reposting.

SPchief
01-15-2012, 11:28 PM
HAARP

WildTurkey
01-15-2012, 11:29 PM
R

WildTurkey
01-15-2012, 11:31 PM
I wonder how Scott felt about those steamy late night conversations between Haley and Palko

Pawnmower
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
q

MoreLemonPledge
01-15-2012, 11:35 PM
http://www.happyworker.com/1/thinkbox-avenue-q-city.jpg

chiefzilla1501
01-15-2012, 11:41 PM
He's just throwing shit against the wall since getting no looks after being fired.
Posted via Mobile Device

What are you talking about?

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 01:06 AM
What are you talking about?

I am just saying that Haley is trying to fuck things up for Pioli since Haley has not been getting any job or looks from teams.

It is very clear that it is Haley who is leaking this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mojo Jojo
01-16-2012, 01:23 AM
I am just saying that Haley is trying to **** things up for Pioli since Haley has not been getting any job or looks from teams.

Posted via Mobile Device
All the other lawsuits are of public record...don't fool yourself.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 01:25 AM
I am just saying that Haley is trying to **** things up for Pioli since Haley has not been getting any job or looks from teams.

Posted via Mobile Device

First of all, Haley is getting a serious look from the Cardinals and the Jets.

Second of all, stop making up conspiracy theories where there are none. It sounds like Haley signed a very explicit nondisclosure agreement and Babb clearly stated that he didn't get much out of Haley after he had been fired. It sounds like these were things Haley was talking about before he got fired, and the reason the rumor has legs is that it was confirmed through the other 2 dozen interviews they conducted with ex-employees.

It's very clear Haley is not leaking this post-firing. Unless you actually think that Haley is so pissed off that he's willing to get sued out the asshole just to get it off his chest.

Phobia
01-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Unless you actually think that Haley is so pissed off that he's willing to get sued out the asshole just to get it off his chest.
He can afford it. Just run down to Petsmart and stop by McDonalds on the way home.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 01:34 AM
He can afford it. Just run down to Petsmart and stop by McDonalds on the way home.

I heard the McPalko burger is a best seller. They took ground beef that's been rejected at every Burger King and tried to trick customers into thinking it belonged on a plate.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 01:48 AM
First of all, Haley is getting a serious look from the Cardinals and the Jets.

Second of all, stop making up conspiracy theories where there are none. It sounds like Haley signed a very explicit nondisclosure agreement and Babb clearly stated that he didn't get much out of Haley after he had been fired. It sounds like these were things Haley was talking about before he got fired, and the reason the rumor has legs is that it was confirmed through the other 2 dozen interviews they conducted with ex-employees.

It's very clear Haley is not leaking this post-firing. Unless you actually think that Haley is so pissed off that he's willing to get sued out the asshole just to get it off his chest.

What serious looks? As a WR coach? From a HC to a WR? Way to go Haley.

Jets hired their OC. Only cardinals remain as a place where he could land. He's clearly not a hot commodity.

I am not making up conspiracy theories. It is just common sense. Haley gets fired, suddenly we hear shit about Pioli. You make the connection.

Pioli is known for being overbearing and secretive. However, the stories about how Haley and Weis fought over Cassel and the Jackson pick were leaked right after he got canned.

He can go ear shit for all I care. Pioli will shoot himself in the foot if he doesn't fix the QB issue. No need for random shit from Haley.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
What serious looks? As a WR coach? From a HC to a WR? Way to go Haley.

Jets hired their OC. Only cardinals remain as a place where he could land. He's clearly not a hot commodity.

I am not making up conspiracy theories. It is just common sense. Haley gets fired, suddenly we hear shit about Pioli. You make the connection.

Pioli is known for being overbearing and secretive. However, the stories about how Haley and Weis fought over Cassel and the Jackson pick were leaked right after he got canned.

He can go ear shit for all I care. Pioli will shoot himself in the foot if he doesn't fix the QB issue. No need for random shit from Haley.
Posted via Mobile Device

The stories about Cassel/Jackson were leaked by a guy who knew the story a very long time ago. That has nothing to do with Haley. And Haley signed a nondisclosure agreement. He knows the consequences of talking, and he's not going to take that risk. The only information the story indicates they got from Haley was that he was paranoid that he was being bugged, and that those claims were made pre-firing. That's it. Everything else came from 2 dozen interviews.

Common sense tells you that you're going to get a lot of dirt from 2 dozen disgruntled employee interviews. You don't need Haley to get that.

Common sense tells you that Haley isn't going to risk millions of dollars so he can dish dirt on his former employer.

Thinking that Haley is ratting out his team post-firing goes beyond common sense. The consequences of him speaking out now are a hell of a lot more drastic than if he spoke during employment.

FAX
01-16-2012, 02:50 AM
I hate it when you get bugs on your facility.

FAX

Dartgod
01-16-2012, 07:43 AM
The Star talked to “more than two dozen current and former employees” who hinted that Haley’s suspicions are valid, saying “intimidation and secrecy are among the Chiefs’ principal management styles.”

NOBODY expects the Kansas City Chiefs Front Office! Our chief weapon is intimidation...intimidation and secrecy...secrecy and intimidation.... Our two weapons are intimidation and secrecy...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are intimidation, secrecy, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pioli.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as intimidation, secrecy.... I'll come in again.

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 09:10 AM
ROFL

He's been gone for almost 2 months and there's STILL people blaming Haley for the clusterfuck going on at Arrowhead Stadium.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
01-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Heres what Peter King is saying about it....which i agree with. Provide some evidence Haley or shut your trap.

I think that was a very meaty story by the Kansas City Star's Kent Babb about what he described to be the paranoia and insecurity he reports to be rampant in the offices of the Kansas City Chiefs under owner Clark Hunt and GM Scott Pioli. It's worth a read. Much of the story is about charges of former employees -- some in litigation with the team -- about being treated unfairly by the new regime; those charges will be refereed in court in due time, and we'll see whether the Chiefs have been unfair to employees. What jumped out at me in the story is former coach Todd Haley's suspicions -- as reported by Babb -- that rooms at the Chiefs offices were bugged. Babb also reported that Haley told him he believed his personal cellphone had been tampered with.

Whoa now. Those are very serious charges. Does Haley have proof that a federal crime has been committed and his phone was tampered with, or an office he works in has been bugged so team management could spy on him and other employees? If he has proof or something more than simple paranoia, out with it -- and expose the team for something incredibly scurrilous. If not, that's a damaging rap to lay on someone, or an organization. Haley needs to set the record straight.

http://cnnsi.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/16/divisionals/4.html

CaliforniaChief
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Making these accusations without evidence, true or not, doesn't do much to help Haley overcome his current reputation as a bat-shit-crazy dude.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Second of all, stop making up conspiracy theories where there are none.
oh the irony

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Making these accusations without evidence, true or not, doesn't do much to help Haley overcome his current reputation as a bat-shit-crazy dude.

Haley hasn't made any accusations. His comments were made BEFORE he was fired.

But by all means, ignore the statements of the dozen other people that are involved.

It's all Haley's fault.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 09:38 AM
oh the irony

Kent Babb's article isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a well laid out case using over 30 sources and being vetted with the team being accused, including Hunt.

Frtiz88 is making a conspiracy theory out of no information and an opinion based on coincidences he's seen.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Kent Babb's article isn't a conspiracy theory. It's a well laid out case using over 30 sources and being vetted with the team being accused, including Hunt.

Frtiz88 is making a conspiracy theory out of no information and an opinion based on coincidences he's seen.
babb's article was complete speculation and rumor based on fired employees with an ax to grind.

The idea that Haley's phone was tapped is easily proven.

Why doesn't Haley just take the phone to the police and prove the tap? Then Pioli and company will go to federal prison and Haley will be vindicated.

unless of course, Haley knows that it's complete bullshit and taking the phone to get checked will make him look like a fool.

Radar Chief
01-16-2012, 09:45 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jh9q3nqVnlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CaliforniaChief
01-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Haley hasn't made any accusations. His comments were made BEFORE he was fired.

But by all means, ignore the statements of the dozen other people that are involved.

It's all Haley's fault.

Easy, dude...I wasn't putting everything on Haley. Just saying that this doesn't necessarily help his reputation around the league, either. It's not good for anyone.

Mojo Jojo
01-16-2012, 09:47 AM
There is a chance Todd does have proof but is holding his cards to file a lawsuit...never give the press everything you know or have.

notorious
01-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Then Pioli and company will go to federal prison and Haley will be vindicated.

This may be our one chance to rid ourselves of Cassel.

Mojo Jojo
01-16-2012, 09:49 AM
babb's article was complete speculation and rumor based on fired employees with an ax to grind.

Why doesn't Haley just take the phone to the police and prove the tap? Then Pioli and company will go to federal prison and Haley will be vindicated.

unless of course, Haley knows that it's complete bullshit and taking the phone to get checked will make him look like a fool.
I know most of those people from business relations. It's true...has been for years...

Dave Lane
01-16-2012, 09:54 AM

Ummm most of the other interviewed people said that areas were wire tapped.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 09:55 AM

I think you're blind if you look at this kind of an article and think it's just employees with an ax to grind. There is something there and a lot of these stories were confirmed as being true by Farmer, Donovan, and/or Hunt.

I've said before... I doubt Haley's phone was tampered with. I agree, that's easily proveable and if it's proveable, he should do it. The spying and monitoring, however, there is a ton of evidence in the things we know as being true that lead us to a pretty firm conclusion that this is more than just a conspiracy theory. My conspiracy theory is that Haley was driven to that level of paranoia because conversations he thought were private ended up not being private. But at least that conspiracy theory is surrounded by quite a bit of evidence that can lead you there.

Dave Lane
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM
If everyone says its true is it still speculation?

O.city
01-16-2012, 09:57 AM
zillas love for Haley is really spilling over in this thread.

The guy lost his mind. If it was that bad, which it might have been/be, why not just say fuck it, resign and spill the beans on everything?

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 09:59 AM

The guy lost his mind. If it was that bad, which it might have been/be, why not just say **** it, resign and spill the beans on everything?

It's not a love for Haley as much as it is a hatred of this front office regime. Just as I defended Herm, I hate when a coach gets blamed for what are largely front office mistakes. And based on the past 2 regimes, we've had to deal with a whole lot of them.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 10:08 AM
It's not a love for Haley as much as it is a hatred of this front office regime. Just as I defended Herm, I hate when a coach gets blamed for what are largely front office mistakes. And based on the past 2 regimes, we've had to deal with a whole lot of them.

No one here is saying that Piloi is a saint. It is just that Haley is indeed going to fuck things up either for him or the front office. There is no going back after these reports.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I think you're blind if you look at this kind of an article and think it's just employees with an ax to grind. There is something there and a lot of these stories were confirmed as being true by Farmer, Donovan, and/or Hunt.

I've said before... I doubt Haley's phone was tampered with. I agree, that's easily proveable and if it's proveable, he should do it. The spying and monitoring, however, there is a ton of evidence in the things we know as being true that lead us to a pretty firm conclusion that this is more than just a conspiracy theory. My conspiracy theory is that Haley was driven to that level of paranoia because conversations he thought were private ended up not being private. But at least that conspiracy theory is surrounded by quite a bit of evidence that can lead you there.
So you admit that that phone tap was bullshit but the rest of it is valid?

the phone tap is the only part of the article that is any kind of real issue.

the monitoring of employees is what bosses DO

Is Pioli being an asshole about it? Maybe
Is Pioli trying too hard and being too 'rainman' about it? Maybe

but again ... so what?

I've been a boss with hundreds of employees and i tend to be pretty Q1 about things too. Especially when i was young and most of my employees were much older than i was.

This article is speculative crap by a writer trying to find something to write about.

Dave Lane
01-16-2012, 10:17 AM

The guy lost his mind. If it was that bad, which it might have been/be, why not just say **** it, resign and spill the beans on everything?

For a couple million left on your contract and a non-disclosure when terminated maybe even someone as awesome as you might not resign.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2012, 10:23 AM
So you admit that that phone tap was bullshit but the rest of it is valid?

the phone tap is the only part of the article that is any kind of real issue.

the monitoring of employees is what bosses DO

Is Pioli being an asshole about it? Maybe
Is Pioli trying too hard and being too 'rainman' about it? Maybe

but again ... so what?

I've been a boss with hundreds of employees and i tend to be pretty Q1 about things too. Especially when i was young and most of my employees were much older than i was.

This article is speculative crap by a writer trying to find something to write about.

No, I don't personally believe his phone was tampered with. We don't know if it did/didn't happen. But again, the article never says it did/didn't happen. It's reporting what was directly said by Haley.

Second of all, most of the content in this article is not speculative. Again, it is heavily sourced and Donovan/Farmer/Hunt aren't denying much of it.

Finally, if you honestly think that phone tapping is the only thing we should worry about based on this article, then I don't know what to say. Employee engagement is Business 101. You can build a pressure cooker business environment without creating a toxic workplace.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 10:31 AM
No, I don't personally believe his phone was tampered with. We don't know if it did/didn't happen. But again, the article never says it did/didn't happen. It's reporting what was directly said by Haley.

Second of all, most of the content in this article is not speculative. Again, it is heavily sourced and Donovan/Farmer/Hunt aren't denying much of it.

Finally, if you honestly think that phone tapping is the only thing we should worry about based on this article, then I don't know what to say. Employee engagement is Business 101. You can build a pressure cooker business environment without creating a toxic workplace.
so basically you just don't like the rumors of Pioli's management style? :spock:

Heavily source by a bunch of gossip hounds with a bunch of drivel.

Show of hands ... How many people think your boss is an overbearing asshole?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MSWVzM6Bv14/Tcfd_WFCUtI/AAAAAAAABTM/eSNfknu7swY/s1600/hoverson_asks_to_raise_hands.jpg

O.city
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
For a couple million left on your contract and a non-disclosure when terminated maybe even someone as awesome as you might not resign.

He has probably already made millions.

If it was as bad as he acted/ said it was, fuck yeah I would have said fuck this non disclosure thing, I'm telling everyone.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM

If it was as bad as he acted/ said it was, fuck yeah I would have said fuck this non disclosure thing, I'm telling everyone.

Haley is dumb enough to do it.

After sticking with Palko, I don't act surprised when I see Haley flinging shit.

It is very possible that Pioli did it too.

Bottom line is, we as fans will see this Pioli era end sooner than expected. If he doesn't win next year, he's probably gone. Haley talking shit is just icing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 10:42 AM
You really think a guy with the fire and ego of Haley would think that he couldn't get another million dollar coaching job?

If his phone was really bugged he would get the sympathy and support of EVERYONE and could be the victim in the whole situation. Another job would be right around the corner.

The problem is that Haley's phone wasn't bugged and he can't prove it. Haley looks like offensive version of Gunther Cunningham. Haley needs a offensive HC(Whisenhunt) and a talent laded offensive(bolden,fitz) with a superbowl proven QB(Warner) to succeed. At least for now, maybe Haley will do better when he grows up a little.

Dave Lane
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
So you now know Haleys phone WASN'T bugged. Damn you are good Laz. I would have thought I'd like to see evidence but not you.

And to me the bugged phone was the least of my concerns about the story. He said suspected it might be, not that he had proof it was. Working there I'd probably be suspicious if they gave me a company phone it would be too.

MIAdragon
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM

If it was as bad as he acted/ said it was, **** yeah I would have said **** this non disclosure thing, I'm telling everyone.

Um yea jail sucks, and if he wants to get another shot in the NFL he will follow the stipulations in the contract he signed.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
So you now know Haleys phone WASN'T bugged. Damn you are good Laz. I would have thought I'd like to see evidence but not you.

And to me the bugged phone was the least of my concerns about the story. He said suspected it might be, not that he had proof it was. Working there I'd probably be suspicious if they gave me a company phone it would be too.
so the story is valid ... scratch that ... PART of the story is valid.

You get to pick and choose which parts are crap and which parts are so shockingly valid that everyone should RISE UP and rebel against the evil tyrant?

so what proof do you use to determine which source in this story should be believed and which ones are crap?

The writer included them all so apparently he thought them valid enough.