PDA

View Full Version : Football Elway lost it: God's anointed NFL disciple has earned starting status in 2012

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Good. Hopefully they don't sign anyone to compete with him :evil:
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
God's anointed NFL disciple has earned starting status in 2012

By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Pro Football Writer 57 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Tim God's anointed NFL disciple will enter training camp as the Denver Broncos’ starting quarterback for 2012.

The team sought to curb the circus that’s sure to surround God's anointed NFL disciple this offseason by declaring him the incumbent at a season-ending news conference Monday.

John Elway, a Hall of Famer who rejoined the team a year ago as chief of football operations, has pledged to work with God's anointed NFL disciple this offseason to polish his passing game.

God's anointed NFL disciple took over a 1-4 team in October and guided the Broncos to their first playoff berth since 2005. His 80-yard TD toss on the first play of overtime beat Pittsburgh in the wild-card round before the Broncos lost at New England Saturday.

God's anointed NFL disciple is the Broncos’ only quarterback under contract for 2012.

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Caseyguyrr
01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
thank god

Munson
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
This is the best news since the Chargers announced they wouldn't fire Norv Turner.:thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
thank god

I see what you did there.

DTLB58
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
RAC says we got this.

Plus, we can beat the Chargers.

Now, just figure out a way to beat the fuggin Raiders at home and the West is ours.

lewdog
01-16-2012, 01:25 PM
This is the best news since the Chargers announced they wouldn't fire Norv Turner.:thumb:

Amen.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Amen.

I see what you did there too.

LiveSteam
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I hope know one was surprised by this news.

wutamess
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
My plan has worked brilliantly. I was hoping they'd beat Pitt so horseface wuld buy more into he hype. The West is ours for many years to come gents!

ChiTown
01-16-2012, 01:31 PM
thank Tim Teabow

fyp

SNR
01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
So doth is sayeth in the Book of John the Horseface!

Von Dumbass
01-16-2012, 01:35 PM
As a Chiefs fan, this really pisses me off. I was hoping that Elway was going to be an even more incompetent version of Matt Millen. Unfortunately for us Chiefs fans, it looks like horseface is going to be a fantastic GM.

Dammit Carl! :cuss:

3rd&48ers
01-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Bottom line, he fills the stands and sells the jerseys

notorious
01-16-2012, 01:38 PM
RAC says we got this.

Plus, we can beat the Chargers.

Now, just figure out a way to beat the fuggin Raiders at home and the West is ours.

Doesn't mean anything with a pile of shit at QB.

notorious
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
As a Chiefs fan, this really pisses me off. I was hoping that Elway was going to be an even more incompetent version of Matt Millen. Unfortunately for us Chiefs fans, it looks like horseface is going to be a fantastic GM.

This isn't working out. Tell whoever you lost a bet to to go fuck themselves.

kysirsoze
01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
This is why I rooted for the Broncos to beat the Steelers. Anything to further entrench him as their starter.

htismaqe
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Elway is in a bad situation. The players on the team love Tebow. The fans love him. He can't get rid of him.

Von Dumbass
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Elway is in a bad situation. The players on the team love God's anointed NFL disciple. The fans love him. He can't get rid of him.

How is having a first round QBOTF a bad situation? As a Chiefs fan, I would LOVE Scott Pioli to be in that same situation. But as we all know, the Chiefs would never take the risk on drafting a QB in the first round.

JD10367
01-16-2012, 01:47 PM
I still think, with more tutelage, Timmy-Tim can be a fine quarterback. He's got the running, he's got the intangibles (will to win, leadership), and he's got the deep ball. He just needs to speed up his release and hit those short to middle-range passes.

And, if I were a Chiefs fan, I'd find it hard to take pleasure in hearing the Broncos plan on sticking with their QB who got them to the playoffs, while Romeo is saying he plans on sticking with Cassel. :D

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Bottom line, he fills the stands and sells the jerseys

And wins a playoff game. Yet still we cast aspersions.

DaFace
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM

I'll admit that I'd rather have Tebow than Cassel. But then, I'd rather have an enema than Cassel as well.

3rd&48ers
01-16-2012, 01:50 PM

Yea he won a playoff game as the QB but he didn't do it by himself

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I'll admit that I'd rather have God's anointed NFL disciple than Cassel. But then, I'd rather have an enema than Cassel as well.

And I admit that T ebow is far from a prototypical QB and really lacks in a some areas... I'm by no means saying he's great or even really good. I just find it comical that "we" are thankful that he'll likely be their QB again... after he did what no KC QB has done since Montana. Like we think we're getting to rub it in Denvers face or something.

"HAHAHAHA look at you guys being stuck with your playoff winning QB HAHAHA... we have Cassel HAHAHA... T ebow is teh suck... he only won 1 playoff game HAHAHA!"

It just strikes me as out of touch with reality a bit. T ebow has already done more than we have... done exactly what we want to do... and he can and probably will get better.

Direckshun
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
God's anointed NFL disciple

heh.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Plenty like him have come before.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
I'll admit that I'd rather have God's anointed NFL disciple than Cassel. But then, I'd rather have an enema than Cassel as well.

You indeed deserve an enema.

Cassel IS better than Tebow.

Setsuna
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
That's what yall want isn't it? I'd expect more of this from all of you PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

Dartgod
01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
I love the new filter.

Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow
Tebow

ROFL

whoman69
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM

He didn't? That's not what Skip Bayless said. They have a crappy o-line, worst receivers in the league and the defense cost them a bunch of games this year.

Phobia
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
I love the new filter.

Thank you but it's funny for about 10 minutes so I'm all about rotating through others. Feel free to add your suggestions.

Reerun_KC
Doesn't mean anything with a pile of shit at QB.

I love how we laugh at Denver then trot out Cassel...

Reerun_KC

Well no shit professor...

Its a fucking team sport moron...

ChiTown
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM

Satire FAIL.

Nice try, KnowLess

lewdog

I fucking hate him more than anyone but for once he actually DID win a game, and a playoff game none the less. He played better than he ever has as far as throwing the ball in that game, he actually looked like an average QB.

That being said I don't see him being consistent enough to do it on a regular basis so I am totally cool with the Donkeys committing to him.

keg in kc
And here I didn't think prayer worked. God sure heard mine this time.

3rd&48ers
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I love how we laugh at Denver then trot out Cassel...

I never said he was worse than CasselLMAO

ChiTown
01-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Thank you but it's funny for about 10 minutes so I'm all about rotating through others. Feel free to add your suggestions.

How about : WoW - Walks on Water

whoman69
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
How is having a first round QBOTF a bad situation? As a Chiefs fan, I would LOVE Scott Pioli to be in that same situation. But as we all know, the Chiefs would never take the risk on drafting a QB in the first round.
Because as a first round QB he's a real reach. He's going to need to do a lot of things before he's a real QB. He also needs to beat a team of note besides an injury ravaged Steelers team, Matt Cassel led Chiefs, winless Miami team, Bears team with Caleb Haney, the Fightin' Jets, and Norv's knuckleheaded Chargers.

Royal Fanatic
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
As much as I hate to rain on KnowMo's parade, I'll point out that Vince Young has a career record of 30-17 as a starter in the NFL.

Jack
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM
"pledged to work with God's anointed NFL disciple this offseason to polish his passing game."

Ain't enough Brasso in the world to to this . . .

He will always look like he is throwing at a shot put meet.

Mr. Laz
01-16-2012, 02:28 PM
:clap:

Bambi
01-16-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope we see this release every offseason for the next 10 seasons.

Johnny Vegas
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Tebknow

Setsuna
01-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Baby Jesus

Valiant
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
He didn't? That's not what Skip Bayless said. They have a crappy o-line, worst receivers in the league and the defense cost them a bunch of games this year.

Seriously?

Timmy gets 5+ seconds all the time to throw or then run. Thomas was the mvp of that game. Then there defense, seriously all that and the barely beat an injured. Rapists team. If what you said is true I now want to go punch him in the face.

Fire Me Boy!
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM

How about one where if you spell his name correctly, it actually appears correctly? That'd be hilarious.

If hate those auto-replace filters. I have no problem is someone wants to have a smiley function do that, where you surround the name with colons or something, but I absolutely loathe having to spell anything incorrectly just so I don't get some dumbass smiley or alternate name.

tooge
01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
thank god

I think you mean thank Tim

mikey23545
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
How about one where if you spell his name correctly, it actually appears correctly? That'd be hilarious.

If hate those auto-replace filters. I have no problem is someone wants to have a smiley function do that, where you surround the name with colons or something, but I absolutely loathe having to spell anything incorrectly just so I don't get some dumbass smiley or alternate name.

I second this motion all to hell. I hate for articles to be 10 times harder to read because of this retardery.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
, but I absolutely loathe having to spell anything incorrectly just so I don't get some dumbass smiley or alternate name.

ROFL
This makes me even love them more.

tooge
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM

or just The Anointed One
or just Him.
as in:
The Broncos began to turn things around as soon as they announced the starting quarterback was Him.

Pitt Gorilla
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Dammit Carl! :cuss:I think you logged into the wrong account.

beach tribe
01-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Them beating Pittsburgh is the best thing that could have happened to the Chiefs.

Molitoth
01-16-2012, 03:23 PM
According to planned...

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/images/6/6a/Mr_Burns_evil.gif

Caseyguyrr
01-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I think you mean thank Tim

whats the difference?

lcarus
01-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Tebow supporters have selective memories. It's really bad. He can look like the worst QB ever for 3 straight games, but if he has a decent game and they win it turns into "see I told you he was good". I love it.

beach tribe
01-16-2012, 03:30 PM
As much as I hate to rain on KnowMo's parade, I'll point out that Vince Young has a career record of 30-17 as a starter in the NFL.

There is no better comparison to TT than Vince Young.
"All he does is win", is the exact defense that all the VY supporters used.
VY is actually the better QB IMO.
Have fun Denver.

beach tribe
01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
or just The Anointed One
or just Him.
as in:
The Broncos began to turn things around as soon as they announced the starting quarterback was Him.

HIM is actually an alias for Lucifer.

lcarus
01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
There is no better comparison to TT than Vince Young.
"All he does is win", is the exact defense that all the VY supporters used.
VY is actually the better QB IMO.
Have fun Denver.

But but but! He has ELWAY PERSONALLY TRAINING HIM THIS OFFSEASON!!!!! :drool:

whoman69
01-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Seriously?

Timmy gets 5+ seconds all the time to throw or then run. Thomas was the mvp of that game. Then there defense, seriously all that and the barely beat an injured. Rapists team. If what you said is true I now want to go punch him in the face.

I'm just quoting Skip

Rooster
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Elway didn't really say much if you think about it. Tebow is the only QB on the roster (unofficially). He's talking out both sides of his horse mouth.

HemiEd
01-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Elway is in a bad situation. The players on the team love God's anointed NFL disciple. The fans love him. He can't get rid of him.

As previously posted, this is great news just like the Norv retention.

Mile High Mania
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Don't get me wrong... I get why many are saying what you're saying, but the guys making the decisions do know something about football. If they bring back the status quo, then it's going to be failure... I'll agree on that one.

However, I'm not expecting that to happen. Whether it's changes like I have suggested or other, they're going to do things to make the offense work better. They'll draft or sign a capable backup that can push TT to be better and pick up the game plan, should he have to come into the game.

Meanwhile, it's life as usual for you guys... another new HC.. questions at QB and other key areas. There's no team in the division right now that is the clear cut "best of the division". I do expect each team to improve. It's hard to see really what will be different in SD though since they're keeping the status quo. They've got a lot of issues to fix and it might have been wise to give up on the Norv experiment.

I'm hoping that Denver keeps McCoy and Allen, meaning they don't get opportunities to move up with another team. I believe Denver has a strong core. It's baby steps - there were lots of highs and lows this season.

TT earned the right to start again, if he falters - they'll move on. TT's contract is very cap friendly, so they're not weighted down by a monster deal. There are lots of things they can do with him, so I'm interested to see the additions they make on offense.

I'd like to see Hillis make his way back to Denver. Hillis would be a great addition to the offense. At TE ... Fred Davis, Carlson, Chandler... there are a few others.

Now, comes the fun part - the incredibly long wait until the draft and FA.

WhiteWhale
01-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I kinda already assumed as much. :I

lcarus
01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
As previously posted, this is great news just like the Norv retention.

Clearly god loves the Chiefs this day. He has to know his son is a terrible quarterback right?

There needs to be a big satan worshipping QB. Would make for an interesting midfield postgame handshake. He'd probably play for Oakland.

durtyrute
01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
You guys might say he's terrible, but he was playing in the playoffs while we were watching. This is his first somewhat full season. Soon enough he'll get it.

WhiteWhale
01-16-2012, 04:00 PM
You guys might say he's terrible, but he was playing in the playoffs while we were watching. This is his first somewhat full season. Soon enough he'll get it.

Yeah, it was amazing how he stepped up and lost 3 games in a row to back into the playoffs. :D

bevischief
01-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Let's trade Cassel to them.

La literatura
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
How much can Elway improve T*bow?

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-16-2012, 04:54 PM

You are welching on the bet. You are supposed to be acting like a Chiefs fan version of yourself. Now get to sucking off Hali, Flowers, DJ, Berry, and Sabby Putababyinherbelly,

Von Dumbass
01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
You are welching on the bet. You are supposed to be acting like a Chiefs fan version of yourself. Now get to sucking off Hali, Flowers, DJ, Berry, and Sabby Putababyinherbelly,

Nowhere in our bet did it say I had to be a Chiefs homer. I am posting as a Chiefs fan who is envious of the Broncos success.

Epic Fail 007
01-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow I thought Elway was smart guess not

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Nowhere in our bet did it say I had to be a Chiefs homer. I am posting as a Chiefs fan who is envious of the Broncos success.

Lame. There is no Chiefs fan alive envious of that goober behind center out in Pile High.

hometeam
01-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Like everyone im sick of the media coverage on tebow.

However, in light of this new information i say

THANKS ELWAY!

hahahahahhahahahahahahaaaaaa

Carry on this experiment as long as you like Denver! Its quite funny that tebow is the one whos will lead you into football HELL!

Extra Point
01-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Timmy just feels funny going under center. Horseface just wants him to feel comfortable doing it.

Five-In covering w/ six is enough to handle the Inside QB Option. Kudos to Belichick for going back to the HS playbook for picking up on it, and stomping on it.

Bump
01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope no one was surprised by this news.

fyp

Pitt Gorilla
01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
You guys might say he's terrible, but he was playing in the playoffs while we were watching. This is his first somewhat full season. Soon enough he'll get it.The Chiefs beat his ass when he needed a win. The CHIEFS. A little luck against the Fade and Orton or whomever is in the freaking playoffs after beating that inept group in Dungver.

TEX
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Great News! :clap:

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Good. Hopefully they don't sign anyone to compete with him :evil:
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

yep, it's Teebow's job to lose. Guess what the Broncos did that kc hasn't done since 1993 (that's 19 years ago--NINETEEN FRIGGEN YEARS AGO) that's right, win a playoff game.

suck it losers.

:p

SNR
01-16-2012, 08:16 PM
yep, it's Teebow's job to lose. Guess what the Broncos did that kc hasn't done since 1993 (that's 19 years ago--NINETEEN FRIGGEN YEARS AGO) that's right, win a playoff game.

suck it losers.

:p18 years ago. The last playoff win happened in 1994.

Tombstone RJ
01-16-2012, 08:33 PM
18 years ago. The last playoff win happened in 1994.

bwahahahahahahah!!! HA!HA!HA!

do you feel a little better now? Here's some more pain for your loser ass: kc's playoff record since 1971... 3 wins and 12 losses. That's in the last 40 years--FORTY FUGGEN YEARS!!!

congrats, here's your reward: :clap:

cdcox
01-16-2012, 09:52 PM
This is the kind of decision I'd expect a furniture salesman to make.

ROYC75
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
I still think, with more tutelage, Timmy-Tim can be a fine quarterback. He's got the running, he's got the intangibles (will to win, leadership), and he's got the deep ball. He just needs to speed up his release and hit those short to middle-range passes.

And, if I were a Chiefs fan, I'd find it hard to take pleasure in hearing the Broncos plan on sticking with their QB who got them to the playoffs, while Romeo is saying he plans on sticking with Cassel. :D

This ! If Elway can teach God's anointed NFL disciple how to read his progressions quicker, become more accurate, he will be a bitch to live with in the West for years, that is unless he gets hurt by running so much.

SNR
01-16-2012, 11:23 PM

do you feel a little better now? Here's some more pain for your loser ass: kc's playoff record since 1971... 3 wins and 12 losses. That's in the last 40 years--FORTY FUGGEN YEARS!!!

congrats, here's your reward: :clap:This is new information :spock:

I fail to see why just because my team is fucking stupid and won't go out and get a good QB, I can't have any opinions on whatever shitty QBs Denver acquires. Hell, I've seen far more shit QBs than you have. I know them when I see them. Timmy T is definitely one of them.

NJChiefsFan
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3009/565211-arrested_development___mission_accomplished_super.jpg

ClevelandBronco
01-17-2012, 12:21 AM

Really? Damn. And here I thought the Browns were a fucking disaster.

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 01:32 AM

He won't ever get what he needs to if he has not by now...
His release is too slow and the ball speed is too slow for the NFL....

BigMeatballDave
01-17-2012, 01:45 AM

In other news, water is wet.

Get some new material, Assclown.

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 01:46 AM
In other news, water is wet.

Get some new material, Assclown.

Get some playoff wins because that material never gets old... LMAO

NJChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 03:41 AM

There isn't a single thing anyone can say to make me feel worse or hate on this team more in its failure to win a single playoff game since I was 9 and the X-Files was in Season 2. Not only did the show end without us getting one, but the actual end of the story, meaning the alien invasion of 2012, will also happen before we win one. Reasonable stuff.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 08:05 AM

Talk about something that never gets old....mortgaging the future for Carson Palmer ROFLROFLROFLROFL

SNR
01-17-2012, 08:09 AM
You guys might say he's terrible, but he was playing in the playoffs while we were watching. This is his first somewhat full season. Soon enough he'll get it.Falling ass over tea kettle into the playoffs as an 8-8 team just because your rivals couldn't close the deal in the end against each other is no justification for building a future team around Tim Tebow.

If the Donks want a prosperous future, they should probably go find a different QB.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Falling ass over tea kettle into the playoffs as an 8-8 team just because your rivals couldn't close the deal in the end against each other is no justification for building a future team around Tim Tebow.

If the Donks want a prosperous future, they should probably go find a different QB.

Possibly, but you can't lay 8-8 on TT ... you can put 7-4 on him since that was the team's record once he became the starter.

Look, this team wasn't expected to do much when Orton was the starter. They over-achieved that expectation by starting off 1-4.

Yes - TT has his issues as a starting QB, but the team rallied.
Yes - the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers did their best to out-choke each other in their pursuit of not winning the division.
Yes - Denver ended the season on a 3 game skid and won the division at 8-8.

The bottom line is that while TT was starting, they were 8-5 this season... and no, it wasn't pretty and often it was downright brutal. But, there's potential there.

I think people are kidding themselves when they say "had they started a better QB, the team would have done more."

Guess what... they did start a QB for 5 games (that many will say is better) and that you guys started to enjoy in your final few games. And, Denver went 1-4 with him and Lloyd in the offense.

All I'm saying is they did well considering the start and challenges they had on offense this season. We'll see how TT evolves prior to next season and we'll find out quickly what the team plans to do to build around him on offense.

But, you can't lay 8-8 at the feet of TT... you can put 8-5 at his feet though.

And, regarding your comment of "go find a different QB". Name 3 FAs that are hands down better for them that are available in FA. This will be fun, I know 2 names that most of you will throw out there... and no, they don't fit the description of "hands down better".

Dayze
01-17-2012, 08:50 AM
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3009/565211-arrested_development___mission_accomplished_super.jpg

..LMAO great episode.

well played.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Possibly, but you can't lay 8-8 on TT ... you can put 7-4 on him since that was the team's record once he became the starter.

Look, this team wasn't expected to do much when Orton was the starter. They over-achieved that expectation by starting off 1-4.

Yes - the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers did their best to out-choke each other in their pursuit of not winning the division.

The bottom line is that while TT was starting, they were 8-5 this season... and no, it wasn't pretty and often it was downright brutal. But, there's potential there.

I think people are kidding themselves when they say "had they started a better QB, the team would have done more."

Guess what... they did start a QB for 5 games (that many will say is better) and that you guys started to enjoy in your final few games. And, Denver went 1-4 with him and Lloyd in the offense.

All I'm saying is they did well considering the start and challenges they had on offense this season. We'll see how TT evolves prior to next season and we'll find out quickly what the team plans to do to build around him on offense.

And, regarding your comment of "go find a different QB". Name 3 FAs that are hands down better for them that are available in FA. This will be fun, I know 2 names that most of you will throw out there... and no, they don't fit the description of "hands down better".

They also finished the season 1-4 BTW. Getting blowy u to bits in 3 of those. The gimmick offense has been figured out. I'm not sure that bodes well for a bright future out in Pile High.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2012, 09:13 AM
They also finished the season 1-4 BTW. Getting blowy u to bits in 3 of those. The gimmick offense has been figured out. I'm not sure that bodes well for a bright future out in Pile High.

And, as I stated earlier (either in this thread or another) ... if all they do is bring back the status quo, then you're 100% correct. And, regarding getting blown to bits - the defense has something to say on that one as well.

In this era of the NFL - you not only need very capable WRs, which I think they're on the verge of having with Thomas and Decker (we'll see if they resign Royal)... you need pass catching RBs and legit pass catching TEs.

Denver is really lacking in these two areas... and adding these will help any QB, but more importantly - these are 2 areas that are important if you expect TT to take that next step and for the offense to mature and be less option focused.

Again - where would you guys rank the WR trio of Thomas, Decker and Royal as you scan the 32 NFL teams? And, I'm asking where would you rank them now.. not on potential. Potentially, they have huge upside and as noted earlier... Thomas and Decker are only 2nd year pros with Thomas missing most of his rookie campaign. They only worked with TT as the starter for 11 games this regular season.

If I look at just the WR depth charts ... I see 15 teams that have a more proven and consistent group of WRs at this point. These guys are young and raw... working with their 2nd starting QB and 2nd HC in as many seasons.

2011 was a transitional year and there's a learning curve that forced them into a lot of adjustments. TT missed open guys, he misfired... they also dropped quite a few balls, especially down the stretch.

All I'm saying - there's a lot of good potential here.

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Talk about something that never gets old....mortgaging the future for Carson Palmer ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Carson will be your nightmare after he gets to go thru training camp....

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 03:36 PM
Carson will be your nightmare after he gets to go thru training camp....

Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Tim Tebow, and Norv Turner give all opposing AFC West fans hope going into next season.

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Carson Palmer, Matt Cassel, Tim Tebow, and Norv Turner give all opposing AFC West fans hope going into next season.

We have many months to watch this unfold... Too early for me

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 03:44 PM
The dumbassery in this thread is beyond compare

1: Tebow proved that he start in this league
2: Anyone who thinks we'll run an option based offense for his career or next season is dense. That was to get by until we could really work with Tim in the passing game and most importantly his anticipation.
3: Anyone who thinks Tebow is all he ever will be doesn't have a grip on the reality of the adaptable nature of human beings. Humans can learn anything and typically the only thing that get's in their way is themselves most. You need only the will and rive. Oh look, Tim has that.
4: John Elway is a winner and a success at most everything he puts his hands on. The idea that he's a bad President of Operations is ridiculous at best. He bought an AFL team and made it into a champion.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
The dumbassery in this thread is beyond compare

1: Tebow proved that he start in this league
2: Anyone who thinks we'll run an option based offense for his career or next season is dense. That was to get by until we could really work with Tim in the passing game and most importantly his anticipation.
3: Anyone who thinks Tebow is all he ever will be doesn't have a grip on the reality of the adaptable nature of human beings. Humans can learn anything and typically the only thing that get's in their way is themselves most. You need only the will and rive. Oh look, Tim has that.
4: John Elway is a winner and a success at most everything he puts his hands on. The idea that he's a bad President of Operations is ridiculous at best. He bought an AFL team and made it into a champion.

You've reached a KnowMo level of homerism.

Easy 6
01-17-2012, 03:47 PM
On a side note, one that has nothing to do with whether he'll ever be a good QB or not... he's a damn good guy.

I watched a piece about him on the news the day before the pats game, after every game, instead of going off to the club, or to his boat, or just home to his family... Tebow spends the evening with a special needs or terminally ill kid & his family, and not just a few minutes saying hey, but hours.

If thats not worthy of adulation & respect, then nothing is... thats why all of the hatred is funny, the guy walks the walk.

I respect that.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
You've reached a KnowMo level of homerism.

Please...go on. what did I say that wasn't true?

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM

You can't teach a slow throwing QB how to speed up his wind up and velocity

The guy misses so many passes because the defense has a week to react to his motion and ball speed

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM

He has a looooong way to go before he proves he can start in this league. Heck, he was just given the dreaded vote of confidence. If hard work was all it took to be a top level QB Matt Cassel would one of the best of the bunch. He's a nice, hard working fella too (just doesn't wear bible verses on his face), but that doesn't make him a top QB.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
He has a looooong way to go before he proves he can start in this league.

He just did. It's a done deal. There are aspects to his game that need work as I pointed out.

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
He will be crushed if he keeps relying on that run

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
He just did. It's a done deal. There are aspects to his game that need work as I pointed out.

Like throwing the football LMAO

TEX
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
On a side note, one that has nothing to do with whether he'll ever be a good QB or not... he's a damn good guy.

I watched a piece about him on the news the day before the pats game, after every game, instead of going off to the club, or to his boat, or just home to his family... Tebow spends the evening with a special needs or terminally ill kid & his family, and not just a few minutes saying hey, but hours.

If thats not worthy of adulation & respect, then nothing is... thats why all of the hatred is funny, the guy walks the walk.

I respect that.

I'm with ya on this. He is a damn good guy.
However, I think he will always be a better person than NFL QB.

Garcia Bronco
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM

The guy misses so many passes because the defense has a week to react to his motion and ball speed

Absolutely this can be taught. Absolutely. Its does require a serious committment. But it can be done.

munkey
01-17-2012, 04:57 PM
<iframe id="NBC Video Widget" width="512" height="347" src="http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1378838" frameborder="0"></iframe>

3rd&48ers
01-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Absolutely this can be taught. Absolutely. Its does require a serious committment. But it can be done.

I call bullshit, that would be like teaching someone to run faster or jump higher

NJChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 05:23 PM
..LMAO great episode.

well played.

Weren't they all? The Mr. F stuff was a little odd.

Dave Lane
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Elway is in a bad situation. The players on the team love Tebow. The fans love him. He can't get rid of him.

Its completely delectable. :)

Dave Lane
01-17-2012, 05:50 PM

And they are wildly inaccurate. Somewhere Jamarcus Russel is sitting on his white ermine sofa wiping jelly donut squeezings and laughing about Timmay's accuracy.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Elway isn't in a bad situation at all. TT has a very cap friendly contract... he's showing signs that he can be a more than capable (top 15) QB in this league. The guy has a year's worth of starts under his belt and if they can add a pass catching RB and solid TE to this offense, they have lots of potential.

I'm willing to watch what happens as they add to the team, go through a training camp with TT as the starter and working with the first team and the coaches throughout the offseason and preseason.

The players appear to love TT, the fans love TT... the guy helped them go 7-4 down the stretch and 1-1 during the playoffs.

If he turns out to be exactly what many say... they can go another direction. The fans fell in love with him for many reasons, the most immediate being he sparked the winning streak. If it goes south on them and they do the things to make the offense better, but they continue to lose because TT isn't the answer.... they can walk. It's not like they have $5M+ per year on him - he's very cap friendly.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_15667056

A couple of the incentives will be hit, but not most of them... but, if he did - then that means it worked out.

So, why not give it shot and see what happens?

Again ... name 3 veteran QBs that are going to be available that are 'no brainer' better answers for them going into 2012?

Seriously... name 3.

NJChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Thats what is so great about this situation. So many things add up to letting Tebow get the controls. I don't want there to be a reason to replace him. He is exactly where I want him to be.

Whether the Chiefs can beat DEN with their current QB situation isn't a real fear for me because they aren't winning it all with them anyway. If they actually find a real QB then I am even less worried about Tebow. Not saying Chiefs go 20-0 against him or anything, but I will take my chances with Tebow and Palmer. A few months ago it looked like Elway would pull the trigger on Luck. That situation is now Tebow next year. I will take it.

RedNeckRaider
01-17-2012, 06:57 PM
It amazes me how delususional Bronco fans have become with this clown. Averages 9 completions and completes mid 40 percent. "HE CAN LEARN TO BE PRO QB!!!" LMAO

KC Tattoo
01-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Assuming he sticks with his word, we shouldn't have to worry about Elway trading in front of us to snag a QBotf in the draft. Then again, I never trust a talking horse.

SNR
01-17-2012, 07:01 PM

And, regarding your comment of "go find a different QB". Name 3 FAs that are hands down better for them that are available in FA. This will be fun, I know 2 names that most of you will throw out there... and no, they don't fit the description of "hands down better".It's really great that he won all those games when the pressure was so high. Essentially, his career was in the balance. I highly doubt Elway pencils him in as the starter next year if he doesn't take his team to the playoffs.

I'm willing to give Tebow ONE quality win. A win where the game was ALL him, and that if they started Orton or Quinn, it would be a loss. That quality win is the Steelers playoff game. Tebow's got a rocket, and consistently beat the coverage by "pulling the trigger." Orton doesn't make those throws. In fact, I think probably the only other QB who would have done as well in that game is Cam Newton. The Steelers were hell bent on shutting down the run, and didn't respect Tebow's arm at all. Tebow definitely made them pay for it. He deserves ample credit for that win. Kudos to Tebow.

But the rest of the year? The offense he played in was pop gun. Comical. It was run-heavy, control the clock, and play defense. Those games ain't pretty, but they will win you regular season games against bad opponents all the time. Just ask Herm Edwards and Damon Huard in their 2006 playoff season. What that style of football does is take the pressure off the defense by forcing them to go onto the field less often for shorter amounts of time. And it also cuts down on turnovers and mistakes.

That style of football can win you a lot of regular season games, especially if your schedule is favorable. Miami, Matt Cassel Kansas City, Oakland, Chargers, Vikings, Caleb Hanie Bears. I guess I will also give the Jets to Tebow as an impressive win, even though the Jets were in free fall mode by that point. All of these are teams with HUGE problems. They make mistakes, turn the ball over, stall, and will get beaten by solid defense, a run game, and a QB on a short leash who won't turn the ball over.

So I totally understand why Elway is rolling with Tebow next year. He'd look pretty bad and face some huge fan scrutiny if he didn't start him. But I'm saying, I'll hold off my fears of the almighty Tebow until I see him properly read coverage and throw a crisp, accurate, 9 yard out over the middle.

SNR
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
And actually, let's talk about that 3-game skid to end the season for a second. What the hell happened? The Patriots loss is understandable, but Buffalo? Fucking Buffalo? How about Kansas City (who was mathematically eliminated the previous week) AT HOME, when the results of the Raiders/Chargers game were still unsure? Win any ONE of those games and you guys can officially call it quits. What kind of a "winner" attitude is that?

Yes, I'm aware of the contradiction in me saying Tebow sucks and then turning around to hold him to a high standard. The point I'm trying to make is that he apparently "just wins games" when he has something to prove to people. Otherwise... oops, I guess.

Mile High Mania
01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
It amazes me how delususional Bronco fans have become with this clown. Averages 9 completions and completes mid 40 percent. "HE CAN LEARN TO BE PRO QB!!!" LMAO

I haven't said anything similar to that... I fully realize that you can't plug and play him with any offense. They treated him with kid gloves this year, they were way too conservative. All that has to change - if they don't think they can add players to make things better, then yeah - they should move on.

We'll see how it goes.

RedNeckRaider
01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
I haven't said anything similar to that... I fully realize that you can't plug and play him with any offense. They treated him with kid gloves this year, they were way too conservative. All that has to change - if they don't think they can add players to make things better, then yeah - they should move on.

We'll see how it goes.

I was not calling you out at all. You are a level headed classy poster. I was speaking about a large group of the Bronco fan base that has abandoned reason and logic regarding this extremely lucky and limited fullback pretending to be a QB~

Mile High Mania
01-17-2012, 07:07 PM
And actually, let's talk about that 3-game skid to end the season for a second. What the hell happened? The Patriots loss is understandable, but Buffalo? ****ing Buffalo? How about Kansas City (who was mathematically eliminated the previous week) AT HOME, when the results of the Raiders/Chargers game were still unsure? Win any ONE of those games and you guys can officially call it quits. What kind of a "winner" attitude is that?

Yes, I'm aware of the contradiction in me saying Tebow sucks and then turning around to hold him to a high standard. The point I'm trying to make is that he apparently "just wins games" when he has something to prove to people. Otherwise... oops, I guess.

That's the perplexing piece to all this, isn't it?

A lot of it is playcalling - again, I'm sure they had trust issues, both in TT and the offense as a whole. The Broncos WRs and TEs won't be confused with elite, only Royal had more than 2 seasons under his belt when TT took over.

Thomas and Decker were drafted with him... Thomas missed all of 2011 essentially, and none of those 3 was a legit #1. Thomas could be, but he didn't really come on until late.

The Bills game... that was just silly with the turnovers (3) and the defense didn't play all that great. KC ... they just flat out blew that one.

NJChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 07:33 PM
People talk about his work this offseason, but the league is also going to have a full offseason to game plan for the gimmicks and twists of a Tebow offense.

chop
01-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Nice article on Tim Tebow http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455943/believing-tim-tebow

Munson
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM

This. If he was the QB for the Chiefs/Raiders/Chargers, all Denver fans would be trashing him just like the rest of us.

Pitt Gorilla
01-20-2012, 12:53 AM
All we've heard for the past season is how Timmay "wills his team to win." Where was that will against the Patriots? For that matter, where was that will against the Chiefs? You'd think that if that was really an attribute of his, he would have chosen to use it in those circumstances.

Mile High Mania
01-20-2012, 07:26 AM
All we've heard for the past season is how Timmay "wills his team to win." Where was that will against the Patriots? For that matter, where was that will against the Chiefs? You'd think that if that was really an attribute of his, he would have chosen to use it in those circumstances.

I think you've distorted the comments a bit...