PDA

View Full Version : Life Our bitching and moaning about Football is so trivial when real life happens.

Frankie
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM
At a party for the Persian feast of 'Mehregan' (Fall of 2010), this cute young lady, new to our get-togethers, introduced herself to my wife and I as Gelareh. We thought she was a new Iranian ISU grad. student. Turns out she was studying Genetic research in Houston, Texas and was at our party as a guest. But she had fallen for Ames' charms and "would not mind" transferring to ISU if her major was offered there.

She sat at our table for dinner and talked extensively with Fariba about genetics and other things, displaying quite the warm, charming, lively, and witty personality.

http://media.khou.com/images/gelareh-bagherzadeh-15.jpg

Fast forward to last night:

http://www.khou.com/news/Woman-shot-to-death-crashes-into-garage-in-west-Houston-137409328.html

Needless to say my wife and I are in shock for the senseless loss of our young friend. :( :( :(

DanT
01-16-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this senseless loss of your friend, Frankie.

Rain Man
01-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear about that.

I tend to take my life and my health for granted, but we're all here because we're lucky and it can all disappear in an instant.

aturnis
01-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Terrible terrible news. Sounds like a wonderful young lady and absolutely beautiful at that. A shame. Keep us updated, I hope they find the thug who did it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Tragic. I'm very sorry to hear it. And this is a thread I expect frankie's trolls to stay the fuck out of.

Jewish Rabbi
01-16-2012, 09:57 PM
That sucks man. Both my cousins are police officers in Houston... Lot of thugs down there, I'll never live there.

ForeverChiefs58
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Frankie, differences aside. I am sorry to hear about this. Very tragic. Especially when you have just been around and visited with someone and then...they are gone; it really weighs on your mind and makes you think of how short life really is. I too know how that feels and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Hope they catch the person responsible.

Best wishes to you and Fariba.

Phobia
01-16-2012, 10:05 PM
That's terrible. Sorry to hear it, Frankie.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Frankie, differences aside. I am sorry to hear about this. Very tragic. Especially when you have just been around and visited with someone and then...they are gone; it really weighs on your mind and makes you think of how short life really is. I too know how that feels and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Hope they catch the person responsible.

Best wishes to you and Fariba.

You give me hope.

Gonzo
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
That sucks, Frankie. Sorry about your friend.

ArrowheadMagic
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Life is indeed precious. Sorry for your loss.

Al Czervik
01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
What a tragic loss...
Peace to her family and yours.....

SPchief
01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Horrible news man.

chasedude
01-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear Frankie. Sounds like this was premeditated. Hope they find who did this.

RedNFeisty
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Teaches us to never take our loved ones and friends for granted, kiss and hug them numerous times a day, if possible. Sorry for your loss, Frankie.

ChiefsNow
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear about this Franky

SNR
01-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I guess we'll never really figure out what goes through peoples' heads when they're thinking, "Should I or should I not shoot this innocent woman? She's not that old... probably has a long life ahead of her... might have kids, probably has friends that care about her... shoot it is."

Awful. Really sorry to hear about this.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-16-2012, 10:31 PM
I guess we'll never really figure out what goes through peoples' heads when they're thinking, "Should I or should I not shoot this innocent woman? She's not that old... probably has a long life ahead of her... might have kids, probably has friends that care about her... shoot it is."

Awful. Really sorry to hear about this.

Most of those knuckleheads couldn't form so coherent of a thought. When I say guns are for pussies, those are the pieces of shit I'm talking about.

Buehler445
01-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Damn dude. Sorry to hear about this. Really hard to believe in society with this shit going on.

Fritz88
01-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Why would someone do such a thing?

Sorry Frankie. I hope they catch whoever did it.
Posted via Mobile Device

mnchiefsguy
01-16-2012, 11:08 PM
My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Hog Farmer
01-17-2012, 06:55 AM
I really , really just don't understand how so many people have absolutely no understanding about life. Life is precious and should be appreciated.

blaise
01-17-2012, 07:03 AM
If that happened in the Galleria my first thought would be it was someone that knew her or some kind of road range thing. It's not really a high crime area. It's an upscale shopping district.

bevischief
01-17-2012, 07:04 AM
That sucks. Hope they catch who did this.

Dartgod
01-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Sorry for the loss of your friend, Frankie.

Bwana
01-17-2012, 07:16 AM
Sorry to hear that Frankie, that sucks.

ChiTown
01-17-2012, 07:19 AM
My condolences, Frankie. This sort of thing really pisses me off.

Deberg_1990
01-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Senseless. Sorry for your loss Frankie

Radar Chief
01-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Condolences, Frankie.

seclark
01-17-2012, 07:30 AM
tragic
sec

J Diddy
01-17-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

My condolences, Frankie, to you, your family, and especially hers.

Frankie
01-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Thanks everyone for the sympathy. It is always doubly painful when the life taken has so much potential and so little flaw. So much livelihood, sense of humor, time and financial investment in one's life and education just disappears by a bullet worth a few cents in a blink of an eye.!!!

Thanks again everyone. Here is a pic of this young angel at the very party I mentioned in the OP.

Frazod
01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Sorry for your loss, Frankie.

journeyscarab
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Sorry for your loss of your friend Frankie and my condolences to you and your family.

lcarus
01-17-2012, 09:31 AM
How can people be so ruthless?

Valiant
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
That sucks royally. Seems too random. Probably come out later is was an ex or aquaintace.

DenverDanChiefsFan
01-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Earthling
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Such a senseless act. So sorry to hear.

Old Dog
01-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Condolences

Dartgod
01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Why did you delete the link, Frankie? There was nothing wrong with it that I could tell.

Do you think she was targeted because of her speaking out for women's rights?

blaise
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
It was on yahoo's front page yesterday. It was odd because the headline made you think it may have been because of her politics, but then the Houston police were dismissive of that. It made me think they either had a suspect in mind, or they just didn't want to say anything at all, one way or another.

go bowe
01-18-2012, 09:31 AM
the world can be a cruel place frankie...

so sorry for your loss, please pass our condolences to the girl's family...

journeyscarab
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Why did you delete the link, Frankie? There was nothing wrong with it that I could tell.

If you google her name ...there are a ton of news stories about her death.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 10:36 AM

You are too fast. I also tried to attach a very touching clip made by her friends serenading her which because it was in MP4 format it did not attach. I'm trying to reformat it and I will repost the whole thing asap.

the answer to your question is IMO it could very well have been a contract hit.

bevischief
01-18-2012, 10:39 AM
You are too fast. I also tried to attach a very touching clip made by her friends serenading her which because it was in MP4 format it did not attach. I'm trying to reformat it and I will repost the whole thing asap.

the answer to your question is IMO it could very well have been a contract killing.

I was thinking that yesterday but I didn't want to be the one to bring it up first.

blaise
01-18-2012, 10:43 AM

the answer to your question is IMO it could very well have been a contract killing.

Getting shot in that part of Houston would be like getting shot at the Town Center area of Johnson County. Out of place. It just seems like it must have been something like that.

Donger
01-18-2012, 11:04 AM
That's a pity.

Donger
01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
She was Iranian? Frankie, do you have any non-Iranian friends?

Phobia
01-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Vailpass won't crap on this thread again, Frankie.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 11:46 AM
She was Iranian? Frankie, do you have any non-Iranian friends?

Yes. Many.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Vailpass won't crap on this thread again, Frankie.

Thanks Phil. Some people pretend they are assholes, and some prove that they are. Failpiss is a card-carrying member of the latter.

Dave Lane
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Tragic. I'm very sorry to hear it. And this is a thread I expect frankie's trolls to stay the **** out of.

I'd say that would be banhammer eligible. Sorry to hear. I've been increasingly aware that th number of bright happy spirits seem to die young while old crusty ass douche bags live on.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
Here's what I posted and deleted. I'm still having trouble converting the clip. But it's a very touching one and I'll share it with you later:

Sorry everyone, I don't mean to belabor this incident here, but it seems the plot thickens a bit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087925/Molecular-scientist-Gelareh-Bagherzadeh-30-shot-dead.html

big nasty kcnut
01-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I'll bet you it was a Muslim Iranian who didn't like her views and killed her i'm sorry for your friend death may god bless her soul and give peace to her family and friends.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Here's what I posted and deleted. I'm still having trouble converting the clip. But it's a very touching one and I'll share it with you later:

Sorry everyone, I don't mean to belabor this incident here, but it seems the plot thickens a bit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087925/Molecular-scientist-Gelareh-Bagherzadeh-30-shot-dead.html

Wow i didn't realize she was so active, seems to point to foul play. Who would have the motive? I realize even if you know you wouldn't be at liberty to say, this is just off the hook.

Donger
01-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Are you suggesting she was killed by Iranians who didn't like her opinions?

blaise
01-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I think it's also possible she cut someone off in traffic and they just followed her and shot her.

Dartgod
01-18-2012, 12:44 PM

Are you suggesting she wasn't? /donger

ForeverChiefs58
01-18-2012, 12:51 PM

Wow. I had heard before about a woman being shot while on her cell phone and didn't realize this was the lady from your OP.

I noticed in the link you gave it said she protested a lot about wanting gov't regime change in Iran and then wouldn't give her last name out of fear.

Do they think it had anything to do with those events? Not trying to make it political or anyhting just wondering if there was a connection?

Frankie
01-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Wow. I had heard before about a woman being shot while on her cell phone and didn't realize this was the lady from your OP.

I noticed in the link you gave it said she protested a lot about wanting gov't regime change in Iran and then wouldn't give her last name out of fear.

Do they think it had anything to do with those events? Not trying to make it political or anyhting just wondering if there was a connection?

Political hit? maybe. On the other hand it simply could have been a stalker she didn't know she had. We know the motive was not robbery.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 01:00 PM
I think it's also possible she cut someone off in traffic and they just followed her and shot her.

That could be too. Who knows about deranged a-holes on any street especially in big cities?

Pawnmower
01-18-2012, 01:18 PM
sorry man, hope they catch the bastard punks who did this

Fritz88
01-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Honor killing? Perhaps some relatives not liking her activism?
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Honor killing? Perhaps some relatives not liking her activism?
Posted via Mobile Device

No. That's only among the most primitive of Muslim families and extremely rare. Not the middle class ones.

listopencil
01-18-2012, 03:06 PM
My condolences. I didn't view all of the material you presented in this thread. Quite frankly, I have a lot of personal stuff going on right now and sometimes I just can't handle news like this. I'm sorry, but it is what it is. Know that my thoughts are with you and yours as much as they can be.

Ebolapox
01-18-2012, 06:28 PM
that's too bad. I know we've had our differences, but my condolences.

Phobia
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
that's too bad. I know we've had our differences, but my condolences.

Outstanding. Pure class. I was sweating clicking in here when I saw you were last post but thanks for being cool.

mlyonsd
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Senseless. Sorry Frankie.

Phobia
01-18-2012, 06:45 PM
I want to be clear. There are several deleted posts in this thread. Not all of them are trolling. The latter posts quoted or addressed the trolling so they were removed as well.

Ebolapox
01-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Outstanding. Pure class. I was sweating clicking in here when I saw you were last post but thanks for being cool.

in the interest of not muddying up this thread, I'll respond elsewhere.

ChiefFripp
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
At a party for the Persian feast of 'Mehregan' (Fall of 2010), this cute young lady, new to our get-togethers, introduced herself to my wife and I as Gelareh. We thought she was a new Iranian ISU grad. student. Turns out she was studying Genetic research in Houston, Texas and was at our party as a guest. But she had fallen for Ames' charms and "would not mind" transferring to ISU if her major was offered there.

She sat at our table for dinner and talked extensively with Fariba about genetics and other things, displaying quite the warm, charming, lively, and witty personality.

http://www.khou.com/news/Woman-shot-to-death-crashes-into-garage-in-west-Houston-137409328.html

Needless to say my wife and I are in shock for the senseless loss of our young friend. :( :( :(

Senseless.

Simply Red
01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
sorry bud

BigRedChief
01-18-2012, 09:07 PM

Needless to say my wife and I are in shock for the senseless loss of our young friend. :( :( :( I've known many a democracy freedom loving Persians. They want nothing to do with the mullahs or what they done to their country and families. It takes some big balls to stand up in public and challenge the mullahs. I have no doubt that at some point in time the Persian's and Americans will be allies.

Sorry for your loss Frankie.

SPchief
01-18-2012, 10:58 PM
So is Donger banned from this thread?

Frankie
01-18-2012, 11:20 PM
in the interest of not muddying up this thread, I'll respond elsewhere.

No need. You are welcome in my threads as long as we are civil and respectful with each other. Thanks for the sympathy.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
I have no doubt that at some point in time the Persian's and Americans will be allies.Very true. That's why I have campaigned for civility, understanding, and actual informed judgement among the people of both sides while the governments are fighting their battle.

Frankie
01-18-2012, 11:27 PM
<embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f8/716758716" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=91196919001&playerId=716758716&viewerSecureGatewayURL=https://console.brightcove.com/services/amfgateway&servicesURL=http://services.brightcove.com/services&cdnURL=http://admin.brightcove.com&domain=embed&autoStart=false&" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="486" height="412" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed>

Tribal Warfare
01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, you have my condolences.

Phobia
01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
She was a beautiful young lady.