PDA

View Full Version : Economics 200 pages of Romney opposition research.

Direckshun
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Courtesy of the 2008 McCain campaign.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78582788/McCain-2008-Oppo-File

BucEyedPea
01-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Willard is really even more to the left than I thought. I knew taxes increased in Mass but I didn't know it was as high as 7%.
Now I know why the GOP Establishment wants him. They don't really want change either.

I find it interesting that he voted for Democrat and Corporatist Tsongas in a Democratic primary, since patteeu liked Tsongas. No wonder pat likes Romney so much and calls left-wingers here who may vote for him "thoughtful."

I don't give a hoot about his company doing business with National Iranian Oil Company though.

This opposition research is supposed to make voters prefer Obama though? I don't see it. It's a record Obama could support. This research would be more effective for his opponents in the GOP primary.

Things like this would kill him:

• Romney refused to endorse the Bush tax cuts in 2003, telling the state’s all-Democrat congressional delegation he wouldn’t be a cheerleader for the plan

• Romney raised state fees and taxes more than $700 million per year, according to independent experts

• Romney raised fees by roughly $500 million in his first year alone, a figure that was highest in the nation.

• Romney implemented three rounds of tax changes (which he referred to as “closing loopholes”) which
increased business taxes by an estimated $400 million per year.

• Romney has been open to raising the federal gas tax in the past and has not ruled it out in the future.

• Romney proclaimed he wasn’t a Republican during the Reagan years, saying “I was an independent during
the time of Reagan-Bush. I’m not trying to return to Reagan-Bush.

He just said after his NH victory speech that he would return us to Reagan.
Looks like more of the same is coming no matter who wins the general election.

Direckshun
10-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Bump, for patteeu.

Virtually all of the attack lines on Romney are not Democratic, they have bipartisan backing.

blaise
10-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Seems like someone's taking that debate loss pretty hard.

LiveSteam
10-05-2012, 07:05 AM
God you are a desperate cult

patteeu
10-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Bump, for patteeu.

Virtually all of the attack lines on Romney are not Democratic, they have bipartisan backing.

2008 huh? I rest my case.

Direckshun
10-05-2012, 07:42 AM
2008 huh? I rest my case.

Virtually all of these attack lines, including the one that he's a nebulous shape-shifter, were picked up by his primary opponents this year.

ChiTown
10-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Seems like someone's taking that debate loss pretty hard.

It's quite pathetic to watch.

Hey, I don't personally think that the needle will move much from Wednesday nights debate. There could be a minor bump, but I fully expect the Obama Political Machine to roar back after that ass-kicking.

What was exposed on Wednesday, imo, was a glimpse into the mind of our President. He can't defend his record and his lack of performance when pressed in a debate - certainly not without blaming Bush. Secondly, and something we all have known for a while, he blows chunks without a teleprompter to read from. He came off as a weakling - stammering and bloviating, while Romney looked confident and Presidential. Alas, none of that will matter, including the next two Presidential debates. Short of Obama banging a Haitian teenage boy in the Oval Office, he's a shoe-in for 4 more years.

Direckshun
10-05-2012, 07:55 AM
It's quite pathetic to watch.

Why is that?

Because Romney performed extraordinarily well in the debates, we should cease criticizing the guy?

That is about as undemocratic as it gets.

patteeu
10-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Virtually all of these attack lines, including the one that he's a nebulous shape-shifter, were picked up by his primary opponents this year.

Based on references back to pre-2008, not based on changes during the 2012 election cycle. In fact, the vast majority of those criticisms relate to Romney's Massachusetts election campaigns, as I said before. He's been far more consistent than Barack Obama since he launched his 2008 campaign for President.

LiveSteam
10-05-2012, 09:38 AM
ROTFLMAO

Obama was injected with amphetamines or something before the debate and they wore off about 20 minutes in. Here in Chicago, word on the street for the last month has been that Valerie Jarrett was specifically tasked with getting Obama off coke and other drugs before the debates so that he would not embarrass himself on stage for an hour and a half. So, word is that Obama’s been detoxing since at least September. This explains how haggard he’s looked and how prickly he’s acted for a while now…it’s what addicts look and act like when they’re cut off from their drugs. Remember that a President can have whatever drugs he wants. The Secret Service are not there to keep the president from breaking the law, they are just there to keep him alive. Obama’s main drug suppliers are the junior staffers who work in the White House who go to Lafayette Park and buy him whatever he wants…and he also gets special deliveries from his friend Bobby Titcombe in Hawaii, who brings him 'fish and poi' to the White House (that’s Hawaiian slang for 'weed and coke'). To get through the almost two hours of being on TV, Obama looks like he needed a big injection of beta-blockers and/or amphetamines. If you noticed at the beginning of the debate he was talking fast, acting erratic, and blinking like CRAZY he was still jazzed up by whatever they gave him. About twenty minutes later, it seems like the adrenaline in his system from being in front of the crowd might have caused the uppers to wear off…and his energy levels collapsed after that. By the end of the debate, Obama looked like he was aching for a new fix. This could be the reason Michelle Obama rushed him off stage and skipped the traditional 'let’s wave to the crowd for a while' schtick. She could tell he needed to get out of sight because he totally lost it out there."
http://hillbuzz.org/daily-doom-antidote-ten-things-to-know-about-denver-debate-last-night-1042012-1042012

Direckshun
10-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Based on references back to pre-2008, not based on changes during the 2012 election cycle.

Wrong.