PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Spin off: Have you ever stolen a car?

ChiefsNow
01-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Have you ever stolen a car ? ( borrowed without the knowledge of the owner)

Mom and Dad were going on vacation and I was staying home. Mom sent me on an errand with her car and I wanted to use it while she was gone. I was thinking she would write down the odometer reading. I stopped and made keys for it while running the errand.
After they left for vacation, I crawled under it and unhooked and wired up the speedometer cable from the tranny.
My friends and I partied our asses off in the car.
When they got back , a friend of my moms told her she thought she saw the car in Pierre while she was gone.
Close call , but I didn't get caught.

Later on during a reunion I told her about it. She laughed with me.

Simply Red
01-19-2012, 02:14 AM
ROFL

Phobia
01-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Just discussed this recently on another thread. My old man's 60's Chevy truck.... He knew I took it out when he went away so he would take odometer readings as well. I drilled the smallest hole I could in the plastic speedometer lense in-line with the odometer. Wedged a flat hairpin between the odometer wheels and turned, jamming the odometer. Old man still doesn't believe that story to this day. It was ghetto but it worked.

Fruit Ninja
01-19-2012, 03:58 AM
i did alot of stupid shit as a kid. Ill just say i plead the 5th on this one, and it had nothing to do with my parents car. lol Well, when ya grow up around no goods, you tend to do them sometimes. I was stupid. Had alot of fun, but it was stupid. lol

craneref
01-19-2012, 04:07 AM
One time in High School my older brother and I got into an arguement and as he pulled away fromt eh house in his Maverick I threw a football at the car, hit it in perfect stride about 50 yards down the road. He slammed ont he brakes and I hightailed back into the house, locked the bathroom door and closed in, then jumped out my bedroom window, as I passsed the bathroom window I could hear him banging on the door, so I yelled at him bck through the window. As he went and got a nail to get into the bathroom and kick my ass, I ran around to the font of the house to find the Maverick still running iwth the car keys in it. Of course I had to take off in the car. I got about amile form the house and ran itno a friend at the store, left my brothers car there with the keys above the ivsor and left with my friend. called my brother from a payphone and told him where his car was. I thought that would let me get the last laugh. Little did I know that he called the police on me to say that I had stolen his car, he forgot to call the police back when he walked down to pick up his car and got pulled over for driving a stolen car. Some things work out better than you could have ever hoped. He still gets mad when I bring it up. The morale of the story is to ensure you work on throwing a football on a timing pattern with a moving target!! :D

ChiefsNow
01-19-2012, 04:11 AM
One time in High School my older brother and I got into an arguement and as he pulled away fromt eh house in his Maverick I threw a football at the car, hit it in perfect stride about 50 yards down the road. He slammed ont he brakes and I hightailed back into the house, locked the bathroom door and closed in, then jumped out my bedroom window, as I passsed the bathroom window I could hear him banging on the door, so I yelled at him bck through the window. As he went and got a nail to get into the bathroom and kick my ass, I ran around to the font of the house to find the Maverick still running iwth the car keys in it. Of course I had to take off in the car. I got about amile form the house and ran itno a friend at the store, left my brothers car there with the keys above the ivsor and left with my friend. called my brother from a payphone and told him where his car was. I thought that would let me get the last laugh. Little did I know that he called the police on me to say that I had stolen his car, he forgot to call the police back when he walked down to pick up his car and got pulled over for driving a stolen car. Some things work out better than you could have ever hoped. He still gets mad when I bring it up. The morale of the story is to ensure you work on throwing a football on a timing pattern with a moving target!! :D

LMAO:LOL:

Dave Lane
01-19-2012, 04:19 AM

Mark Castle never had this happen to him. Odd.

KCUnited
01-19-2012, 05:31 AM
I've had 2 cars stolen from me. A 1979 Chevy Malibu Classic stolen from 115th & Metcalf in OP. It was found in the East Bottoms, stripped and sitting on 4 flat spare tires. A 1878 Cutlass Supreme stolen from the River Market. I actually found that car parked in front of a house in Westport, ignition was stripped, so I started it with a screwdriver and took it back. Still had my golf clubs in the trunk and was in perfect condition sans the steering column and the Newport smell.

None of that was karma for anything I've stolen, joy rided in and ultimately set on fire though, because I would have never done anything like that, or even thought of doing anything like that.

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 06:56 AM
I "borrowed" my brother's '68 Firebird when him and the rest of the family were at my grandparents in Nebraska. I had to work and couldn't go with them, so stayed home alone.

I had a date with a gal I was seeing from Independence and it was colder than shit that night, so I took his car instead of my Jeep. After I dropped her off late at night and was driving home to Lee's Summit, I ran out of gas on 291 near Independence Center. I started walking and freezing my ass off. A Lee's Summit cop eventually stopped and gave me a lift home. I went to work the next day and after work got a ride to put gas in it and thought that was the end of it.

Several days later, after my brother was back in town, one of his friends said that they saw his car on the side of 291 over the weekend so I had to own up to it.

Not that big of a deal, really, but it's all I've got. :shrug:

kepp
01-19-2012, 06:58 AM

Uncle Rico?

Bwana
01-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I posted about this yesterday. Cliff Notes:

I was 12, my parents went golfing. My friend and I took their other car for a Bo Duke like ride. When I came back, they had come home early, they were not pleased.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2012, 07:05 AM
No, but i did swipe a sweet laptop once a few years back.

SLAG
01-19-2012, 07:07 AM
I use to sneak my parents car out of the garage -
I thought I was soooo slick.. unhooking the garage from the automatic opener.. manually opening it slowly.... putting the car in neutral.. letting it roll out of the driveway and 1/2 way down the block until starting it...

I'd go out and pick up this girl I was seeing we'd hang for a few hours and I'd return..

I'd say 1/4th of the time my Mom was waiting for me when I came back... with not so happy words to share

Sofa King
01-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I've had 2 cars stolen from me. A 1979 Chevy Malibu Classic stolen from 115th & Metcalf in OP. It was found in the East Bottoms, stripped and sitting on 4 flat spare tires. A 1878 Cutlass Supreme stolen from the River Market. I actually found that car parked in front of a house in Westport, ignition was stripped, so I started it with a screwdriver and took it back. Still had my golf clubs in the trunk and was in perfect condition sans the steering column and the Newport smell.

None of that was karma for anything I've stolen, joy rided in and ultimately set on fire though, because I would have never done anything like that, or even thought of doing anything like that.

Holy shit! That's a classic! Oldest Cutlass I've ever heard of!

KCUnited
01-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Holy shit! That's a classic! Oldest Cutlass I've ever heard of!

Lol, 2 horse power with a rockin' phonograph.

LiveSteam
01-19-2012, 07:19 AM
We used push Bug's moms Pontiac Sunbird out of the driveway & take off with it.

I had my 24ft FourWinns Liberator stolen & destroyed down on Lake of the Ozarks.
I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT! STILL MAKES ME RAGE!

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9794/1000845.jpg
I miss you my love. Miss you bad!

eazyb81
01-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Freshman year of college we had a huge party at our fraternity house. My buddy and I were wasted and out of beer so we thought it would be a good idea to steal this girl's car that we were all friends with to go buy more alcohol (her purse was in another room), despite the fact there was a huge snow storm going on.

We get in the car and start driving, but the car immediately starts swerving all over the road and I almost hit a car in the other lane. I try to take a right turn on the next street and I almost wiped out. I then looked down and noticed that the E brake was still engaged. At that point I came to my senses and realized I was probably too wasted to be driving, so we pulled the car over and walked back to the house. To my surprise our friend was not amused that we stole her car....

tooge
01-19-2012, 07:48 AM
a buddy of mine and I took his dads station wagon out when we were 16yo and his parents were out of town. I had a licence but he didn't. When it was his turn to drive, he tried to burn rubber, lost control, and put the car through a barbed wire fence and into a pasture. We tried to cover the scratches (gold colored car) with paint from an auto parts store, but the match was only so so. His dad recognized it immediately and we were both busted.

ChiefsOne
01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
A police car!

ChiefsOne
01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Didn't really steal it, just borrowed it. The only trouble I got in was unauthorized use of a government vehicle.

Gonzo
01-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I stole a car once... It was owned by this punk kid and his old weirdo buddy. They were both Butt-Heads.

I took this car on quite a journey, let me tell you. This vehicle had some very special functions on it as well.

I knew that if I watched them long enough, they'd leave the car unattended. Of course, they did so when they were spying on some people in their neighborhood.
I hopped in, and off I went. Man, it was fast for a piece of shit concept type vehicle.
I took this bitch when and where I needed to go. I dropped off the package and then I had it back before they could miss it.
I had to make like a tree and get outta there, let me tell you.

Heh, I'm not feeling to well. Grraughhhh

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 08:51 AM
I stole a car once... It was owned by this punk kid and his old weirdo buddy. They were both Butt-Heads.

I took this car on quite a journey, let me tell you. This vehicle had some very special functions on it as well.

I knew that if I watched them long enough, they'd leave the car unattended. Of course, they did so when they were spying on some people in their neighborhood.
I hopped in, and off I went. Man, it was fast for a piece of shit concept type vehicle.
I took this bitch when and where I needed to go. I dropped off the package and then I had it back before they could miss it.
I had to make like a tree and get outta there, let me tell you.

Heh, I'm not feeling to well. Grraughhhh
Ok, Biff.

Rain Man
01-19-2012, 08:57 AM

Do you mind if I claim that story as my own?

CoMoChief
01-19-2012, 09:45 AM
When I was 13-14 when my parents would leave for the evening etc, I would take the other car and drive around neighborhoods for a little bit.

So yes technically I stole a car before. Now have I stolen someone else's car, or a car off a lot etc.....hell no.

suzzer99
01-19-2012, 09:47 AM
I stole a pizza truck in Kirksville, MO when I was going to college there (then NMSU, now Truman St.). Pretty sure I can admit that now. We just took it for a couple joy rides then left it parked in someone's yard. My friends said they could hear me bragging about it down the street from the party we were at. I'm amazed I never got caught.

CoMoChief
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
I stole a sweet laptop once. Got on my crotch rocket and then decided later that night I would take pics with some orange skinned girls with my shirt off.

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
I stole a sweet laptop once. Got on my crotch rocket and then decided later that night I would take pics with some orange skinned girls with my shirt off.

Q

post #12

PGM
01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
No, but i did swipe a sweet laptop once a few years back.

...then hopped on your motorcycle whilst banging 2 chicks I reckon

Jewish Rabbi
01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I stole a pizza truck in Kirksville, MO when I was going to college there (then NMSU, now Truman St.). Pretty sure I can admit that now. We just took it for a couple joy rides then left it parked in someone's yard. My friends said they could hear me bragging about it down the street from the party we were at. I'm amazed I never got caught.

Heh. My dad used to tell me that people at NEMSU did that all the time.

Bump
01-19-2012, 10:17 AM
I wonder if Tamarick Vanover reads this site, I bet he's itching to respond.

Phobia
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
I wonder if Tamarick Vanover reads this site, I bet he's itching to respond.

He actually got his life together, believe it or not.

Phobia
01-19-2012, 11:17 AM
I actually did steal my ex-wife's car one time. Had a red-carpet option on a nice ride while we were married. During the divorce the 3 year mark hit. The car was 100% in my name. She refused to re-fi the car and Ford was breathing down my neck.

So I went and picked up the car from her work and dropped it off at the dealership. Fun times.

boogblaster
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
oh yea .. farm kids always drive off with trucks tractors cars that dont belong to em .. its part of farm life .. if ya need to get to some place and the owner is workin sumwhere else ya take whatever vehicle is close and go get what ya need to finish a job .. most didnt care some did ......

Iowanian
01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I always just drove home in reverse.