PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Neighbors

BoneKrusher
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Have you had an NFL star from your neighborhood make the Pros?

if so who?

for me it's Ahmad Bradshaw.
played at Graham High School here in Bluefield Virginia.
went to Marshall and was drafted by the Giants.

-King-
01-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Aldon Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKCMan AP
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Not that I can think of, but growing up we had Dolphins players living in our neighborhood.

BoneKrusher
01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Aldon Smith.
Posted via Mobile Device

awesome rookie ^^

Nzoner
01-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Mike Rucker

Huffman83
01-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Not exactly a neighbor, Jeff City is a fairly small city. My brother played football in h/s at Jefferson City w/ Justin Smith and Justin Gage.

States he got the shit kicked out of him by Justin Smith on a daily basis. Gage however was lazy.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Darren Sproles.

Junior High and High School.

big nasty kcnut
01-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Bert Emmanuel wr of the atlanta falcon and the reason the Bert Emmanuel rule was made.

hometeam
01-19-2012, 08:34 AM
I dont know about from my neighborhood, but both Justin Smith and Justin Gage came out of Jefferson City High school

Sofa King
Chad Greenway grew up in the next town. He hit a home run over my head that still hasn't landed.

We won the championship that year though, his last year. :)

hometeam
Not exactly a neighbor, Jeff City is a fairly small city. My brother played football in h/s at Jefferson City w/ Justin Smith and Justin Gage.

States he got the shit kicked out of him by Justin Smith on a daily basis. Gage however was lazy.

DAMN! you scooped me!

dpg4zombie
01-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Tim Dwight

LiveSteam
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Ralston Nebraska's Randy Jostes. #99 Three year's starting linebacker for the Missouri tigers. Recruited by every school from Alabama to Penn-St. Played his pro career in the USFL .

Grew up 3 houses away from me

Huffman83
01-19-2012, 08:38 AM
DAMN! you scooped me!

I even had more info!!! What year btw?

LiveSteam
01-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Mike Rucker

Dude was a beast.

hometeam
01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
I even had more info!!! What year btw?

I was a good couple years behind them, actually went to high school in california missouri but grew up in Jefferson City until 7th grade and hung out there during high school, subsequently living there. Class of 2002 in California.. so maybe 4ish years or so behind them, but everyone knew about them.

Frosty
01-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I live in a small town near the Canadian border in NE Washington. Not exactly a football factory. However, we did have one kid make it the NFL, though mostly as a back up - James Darling.

MoreLemonPledge
01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
I remember seeing Martin Rucker at a track meet at Benton High School. He wasn't even participating (couldn't participate at that meet for some reason), just messing around afterward, and he dominated the high jump. Would have easily won the event.

beach tribe
01-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Our HS rival was Martin, TN. Next town over. Played against Chad Clifton.
They beat us 54-17.

seclark
01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
russell erxleben
not a neighbor, but a cousin.
sec

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Went to college with Leon Lett... lived in the same dorm bulding for a semester. He filled a doorway up.

kcpasco
01-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Brian Urlacher, Kimo Oelhoffen, Ray Mansfield are some football players from my town.
Clint Didier from a town nearby.

Start Croyle
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
When I was in college at Central Missouri in Warrensburg, Delanie Walker was my neighbor! We lived on the same floor of a building. He was probably the best player that the team had, and now he is a tight end for the 49ers!

ForeverChiefs58
01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Use to live a few houses down from Derrick Thomas on the cliffs. He was the nicest, most down to earth guy, acted like he had no idea people looked at him like he was a "celebrity". He knew I was a chiefs fan and would invite me over just to be nice, and did his best to make anyone not feel out of place.
When my car broke down he saw me on the side of the street, got out and pushed my car all the way home.

Stewie
01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
I grew up a block away from the Strams. That's the only NFL connection.

When my parents downsized from that home they moved into a home where Bud Black (Royals' pitcher, current SD Padres Mgr.) lived right behind them.

John Calipari lived across the street from me in Lawrence when he was an assistant.

That's all I got.

BigCatDaddy
01-19-2012, 10:26 AM
I remember seeing Martin Rucker at a track meet at Benton High School. He wasn't even participating (couldn't participate at that meet for some reason), just messing around afterward, and he dominated the high jump. Would have easily won the event.

He came down to my gym and trained last summer. Super nice kid.

lcarus
01-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Darren Sproles.

Junior High and High School.

Same here. I probably know you. I was in the same school with him from 1st grade to 12th. I was on the Oregon Trail b-ball team with him.

Frazod
01-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I dont know about from my neighborhood, but both Justin Smith and Justin Gage came out of Jefferson City High school

You and huffman may be too young to remember George Shorthose. He was a senior my freshman year ('79-'80) - I didn't know him personally but was friends with his sister. He was the heart and soul of the Jays - averaged 10.4 yards per carry over his four years. Jeff City won the state championship three years in a row and lost the championship game in his senior year. Going to those home games during that time was awesome beyond words - they just beat the living shit out of everybody and it rocked. Fun times.

George went on to play for Missouri (unfortunately during a time when they were absolutely horrible) and briefly in the pros.

Baby Lee
01-19-2012, 10:43 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Falcon_(athlete)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Williams

Also had a teammate in soccer play in the MLS for a few years, and a buddy from college play on Rod Stewart's semi-pro soccer team up in Seattle for a while.

All I can think of right away.

gblowfish
01-19-2012, 10:44 AM
I was lab partners with Kellen Winslow in one of my classes at Mizzou. I've had some ex-Chiefs as customers over the years. Nobody from my high school in the NFL but we had a Cy Young winning pitcher (Rick Sutcliffe). His Cubs jersey is in the front hall of Van Horn HS in Independence.

gblowfish
01-19-2012, 10:45 AM
You and huffman may be too young to remember George Shorthose. He was a senior my freshman year ('79-'80) - I didn't know him personally but was friends with his sister. He was the heart and soul of the Jays - averaged 10.4 yards per carry over his four years. Jeff City won the state championship three years in a row and lost the championship game in his senior year. Going to those home games during that time was awesome beyond words - they just beat the living shit out of everybody and it rocked. Fun times.

George went on to play for Missouri (unfortunately during a time when they were absolutely horrible) and briefly in the pros.

I remember. Shorthose played for the Chiefs for a very brief time. He was a beast in high school.

Fish
01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Not exactly a neighbor... but I knew Jordy Nelson from when he went to KSU.

Also met Mark Simoneau several times in Manhattan. Big SOB....

Mojo Jojo
01-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Darren Sproles...much older than him but lived close watched him in high school and at K-State...have season tickets.
Also was friend with Rodney Peete in high school.

rico
01-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Mitch King from the Saints (mostly known as being a Hawkeye), went to my school for a couple years... which is in a small community that only graduates 60-70 kids per year. He and his brother ended up enrolling at Burlington before Mitch started High School. My 3 roomates in college consisted of Mitch's childhood best friend and Mitch's 2 current best friends, so I have run into him a lot over the years. His older brother, Vince was an absolute beast. He ended up having a decorated career at Wartburg College....could have definitely played D1 somewhere.

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 10:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Falcon_(athlete)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregg_Williams

Also had a teammate in soccer play in the MLS for a few years, and a buddy from college play on Rod Stewart's semi-pro soccer team up in Seattle for a while.

All I can think of right away.

Did you graduate from BHS?

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I remember. Shorthose played for the Chiefs for a very brief time. He was a beast in high school.

What an unfortunate last name.

Von Dumbass
01-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Randy Moss went to high school 20 miles away from where I live.

gblowfish
01-19-2012, 11:01 AM

With a name like that you gotta grow up tough.
Mizzou had a defensive back named Harry Colon. He was a bad ass (so to speak) too. He ended up playing for the Detroit Lions.
He was from Kansas City, KS, lives in Houston now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Colon

Baby Lee
01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Did you graduate from BHS?

I thought you knew that.

gblowfish
01-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Shorthose's NFL career was quite brief. 3 games with KC in 1985.

At least he can say he made it to the NFL. That's pretty cool.

http://www.nfl.com/player/georgeshorthose/2525555/profile

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought you knew that.

I knew you were from there, not sure if you were there long enough to graduate. What year?

gblowfish
01-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Use to live a few houses down from Derrick Thomas on the cliffs. He was the nicest, most down to earth guy, acted like he had no idea people looked at him like he was a "celebrity". He knew I was a chiefs fan and would invite me over just to be nice, and did his best to make anyone not feel out of place.
When my car broke down he saw me on the side of the street, got out and pushed my car all the way home.

I used to work about two blocks from DT's house in a strip mall right by US 40 near the Salty Iguana. Saw DT drive by in his black Mercedes often.

Baby Lee
01-19-2012, 11:09 AM
I knew you were from there, not sure if you were there long enough to graduate. What year?

RUSH
01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Not a player but Scott Pioli is from my hometown and we went to the same high school. I'm much younger though. He's probably the most famous person from our small little town.

I was a chiefs fan way before he arrived so it's kinda crazy how that turned out.

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM

Probably too late then to know my BIL. Does the name Lucero ring a bell?

Spokane Chief Fan
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey Frosty I met James at the Big Foot Tavern in Spokane a few years back. Seemed like a nice kid. He was with the Eagles then. Is he out of the league now?

Frazod
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM

He overcame it by being a God on the football field.

Frosty
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Hey Frosty I met James at the Big Foot Tavern in Spokane a few years back. Seemed like a nice kid. He was with the Eagles then. Is he out of the league now?

He is out of the league. He is 37 now so is probably done.

I don't actually know him; just that he played at the high school my boys go to now. My brother played against him in high school for a couple of years.

ChiefsCountry
01-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Not a player but Stan Kroneke's wife is from my hometown. Jason Whittle who played for the Giants and Bills is from the neighboring school. Also Shaun Hill of the Lions lives in my current city.

tsyou606
01-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Ladell Betts lived across the street form me in high school. He played for the Redskins and spent some time with the Saints.

Direckshun
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
I went to the same elementary school as current Chiefs fullback Shane Bannon.

Not at the same time. But Pompauraug Elementary School in Southbury, CT is pretty damn small.

What were the odds.

We moved away before I finished 3rd grade. Now I tell my parents when we speak that if we had stayed in Southbury, I would have went to Yale and then get drafted by the Chiefs.

Phobia
01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Shorthose's NFL career was quite brief. 3 games with KC in 1985.

At least he can say he made it to the NFL. That's pretty cool.

http://www.nfl.com/player/georgeshorthose/2525555/profile

But Shorthose had Bigballs.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Tebow and I share the same God

hometeam
01-19-2012, 11:51 AM

yea, dont know the guy :P

im 28, so he was doing that 3 years before I was born

hometeam
01-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Not a player but Stan Kroneke's wife is from my hometown. Jason Whittle who played for the Giants and Bills is from the neighboring school. Also Shaun Hill of the Lions lives in my current city.

I saw an article on him living at the lake when he was with the 49ers.. lake living magazine or something.. like upscale decorating magazine that was laying around my workplace.

acarter25
01-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Shaun Hill. Somewhat a family friend actually.

Trevo_410
01-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Fort Osage, We got Pujols and this one WNBA Hall of Famer

acarter25
01-19-2012, 12:18 PM

Shaun is from my hometown. My parents are friends with his family and we attend the same church. His brother was actually my drafting teacher and assistant golf coach in highschool and designed additions to his house. Pretty sweet.

acarter25
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Also, I might add. One of my best friends throughout my entire life that ive grown up with is going (as a juco transfer) into Spring as a favorite to be the starting TE for OU. So there's hope there too.

Frazod
01-19-2012, 12:37 PM
yea, dont know the guy :P

im 28, so he was doing that 3 years before I was born

Well, I guarantee you never saw anybody play for the Jays wearing his No. 46. I was there the day they retired it.

oldman
01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Not exactly from the same neighborhood, but I played baseball with Skip Thomas, aka Dr. Death. Too bad he was a Raider.

WhiteWhale
01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
My mom lived across the street Mike Bell here in Wichita. She said she dated him in high school.

It was real easy to spot their house, because they had big trees trimmed in the shape of bells.

Never lived near anyone myself.

Mi_chief_fan
01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Jason Babin. His mom is a travel agent,his dad an electrical contract.

Dartgod
01-19-2012, 04:58 PM

And his brother posts here.

Pasta Giant Meatball
01-19-2012, 04:58 PM

A certain someone is gonna be JEALOUS LMAO

crispystl420
01-19-2012, 06:48 PM

When I was younger worked at Brady Food Court at MU,Gage came in like everyday. He was pretty cool.

-King-
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
And his brother posts here.

A certain someone is gonna be JEALOUS LMAO

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

-King-
01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
awesome rookie ^^

He wasn't that great in High school to be honest. He went to Raytown, I went to Raytown South and my school dominated his every single year by at least 30. He was pretty damn good, but I never thought he'd be in the NFL, much less be in the running for NFL rookie of the year.