PDA

View Full Version : Obama Cleaver is becoming more of an asshat than ever

HonestChieffan
01-24-2012, 01:11 PM
The Obama campaign will ratchet up race as a primary issue to divide the country. We know and expect that. But maybe its just being to familiar with him but I would have given Cleaver credit for having more sense and being smarter than to help lead his merry band of nits down that road. Too late for that.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Emanuel-Cleaver.jpg

Rep. Emanueal Cleaver — the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus – told The Daily Caller that African Americans won’t “march on the White House” over the high unemployment rate in the black community because President Barack Obama is black.

Following his appearance at Republican Rep. Allen West’s Black Conservative Forum, Cleaver elaborated on his past comments about Obama’s image in the African American community, saying, “The point I was making is that black people hold the president in such high esteem, that they would not dare march on the White House even though unemployment is at 15 percent and higher and if there was a white president we would do that because we’ve had white presidents since George Washington.”

Cleaver continued, “The point was that if we had anybody else in the White House, with this level of unemployment, that you know, you would see a lot more African Americans, African American organizations and retro organizations speaking out against it. But because he is revered, you know, he gets I guess the benefit of, you know, understanding that the situation was terrible when he came in. So, we’re not doing that.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/24/cbc-chairman-african-americans-would-march-on-the-white-house-if-obama-wasnt-black/

Then we have the voter fraud issue. Ignore the fact we had fraud in SC (that was a republican thing so look away), if we want to clean up voter fraud as a bad thing, not related to race, well, that won't happen. We have Cleavers band of nuts and then others...

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/SJL.jpg
. . Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) added that supporters of these laws have made the “misrepresentation” that there was fraud in the 2008 election, “maybe because we elected the first African American president.”

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) also drew a connection to these laws and Obama’s election, and said he’s not sure if the laws are being advanced due to “the color of the President” or because Obama “received record-breaking participation by the very same people that they’re making it difficult to vote.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/205963-black-caucus-charges-voter-id-laws-aimed-at-obama-supporters

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Congressional-Black-Caucus.jpg
(The Hill) — The Congressional Black Caucus on Monday night took to the House floor to charge that voter ID laws popping up around the country are aimed at dissuading minority voters from voting, and making it harder for President Obama to win re-election.

“It is clear to me that whether racially based or not, this is a direct attempt, not only to undermine the election process, but a specific attempt to derail what surely would be and ought to be the re-election of Barack Obama,” Rep. Donna Christensen (D-VI) said on the floor.

She was preceded by other CBC members who postulated that voter ID laws are not meant to ensure votes are cast by legal U.S. residents, as supporters of these laws contend, but as a way to thwart minorities.

BucEyedPea
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Is it racist to question why so many blacks choose Marxism so often? Don't they realize that is part of what is ailing not just them but everyone but them more so?
I think they like being slaves to someone as in being taken care of. No one ever claimed some didn't like their chains—same for some whites these days.

blaise
01-24-2012, 01:19 PM
On the first part, about not marching- I'll give him a pass, because he doesn't seem to be saying it's right or wrong. He's just sort of evaluating why things are the way they are.

As far as the whole voter fraud thing- maybe I misunderstand it, don't they just want people to show ID, really? I never got what's so wrong about that. Seems like you should have to show ID to vote.

mikey23545
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
As far as the whole voter fraud thing- maybe I misunderstand it, don't they just want people to show ID, really? I never got what's so wrong about that. Seems like you should have to show ID to vote.

Hell no!

You should only have to show your ID for important things like buying cigarettes or getting into R rated movies!

alpha_omega
01-24-2012, 01:32 PM
....Following his appearance at Republican Rep. Allen West’s Black Conservative Forum, Cleaver elaborated on his past comments...

Maybe i am reading this wrong, but why is Cleaver at a Conservative Forum????

HonestChieffan
01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Maybe i am reading this wrong, but why is Cleaver at a Conservative Forum????

Free lunch and some pens and stuff

Extra Point
01-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Unity=Polarity

blaise
01-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Unity=Polarity

unity=you changing all your opinions to mine.

talastan
01-25-2012, 09:53 AM
The race-baiting and class-warfare baiting issues over voter ID laws still confounds me. Historically these people have to have ID's to apply for jobs, buy tobacco products, have a banking account, collect welfare or food stamps, etc.

What makes them think that these people can't get a State issued photo ID. Historically Democrats have benefited from situations where voter fraud was or alleged to be involved. I've had liberal friends in who have admitted to me they want to keep voter ID laws from being enacted in order to continue benefitting from the system as it currently is.

stevieray
01-25-2012, 11:41 PM
odd how its supposed to be republicans are the ones who sooooooo racist, yet it's always the dems who are consumed by it and constantly bring it up.

Cleaver: we judge by color of skin, not content of character.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Don't tell that to the woman who's life he tried to save today.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Another thread by HCF attacking a black politician...

What he is saying is that black people need to act as if he is just another president , and not give him a pass because he is black. A lot of people in the black community feel this way. We want jobs , we want better schools, and safer communities. Are we proud we have a black president ? Yes. But if you turn off Fox "news", and stop listeing to blowhards like Rush, and Hanity, and actually go talk to people in the black community you would know this: We are proud to have a black president, we understand the Bush ****ed things up , and that Republicans are not willing to work with him on ANYTHING. ..however, Obama`s administration should also share some of the blame for the lack of jobs , lack of urban development, and horrible schools. This is what Cleaver is saying.

As far as the voting goes, republicans know the demographics in this country are changing. They know their brand of politics only caters to a mostly white christian base. They are willing to rezone areas , and change laws to make sure their base has an advantage when its time to vote. Democrats have done this too. What I dont like is the ID part. As long as you're a registered voter, why do you need to show anything other then your voter registration card ?

patteeu
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
Another thread by HCF attacking a black politician...

What he is saying is that black people need to act as if he is just another president , and not give him a pass because he is black. A lot of people in the black community feel this way. We want jobs , we want better schools, and safier communities. Are we proud we have a black president ? Yes. But if you turn off Fox "news" and actually go talk to people in the black community you would know this: We are proud to have a black president, we understand the Bush ****ed things up , and that Republicans are not willing to work with him on ANYTHING. ..but his administration also should be held responsible for the lack of jobs , lack of urban development, and horrible schools. That is what Cleaver is saying.

As far as the voting goes, republicans know the demographics in this country are changing. They know their brand of politics only caters to a mostly white christian base. They are willing to rezone areas , and change laws to make sure their base has an advantage when its time to vote. Democrats have done this too. What I dont like is the ID part. As long as you're a registered voter, why do you need to show anything other then your voter registration card ?

Did you prove your identity when you got your voter registration card and does the card have your picture on it? What's your problem with showing an actual photo ID when you vote?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Did you prove your identity when you got your voter registration card and does the card have your picture on it? What's your problem with showing an actual photo ID when you vote?

Why was is this an issue ?

patteeu
01-28-2012, 12:58 PM

Does this mean you don't have a good reason?

headsnap
01-28-2012, 01:05 PM

that's a question for you... it seems obvious that for something as important as voting that, especially in this day and age, showing a photo ID to prove that you are you should not really even be in question.

what's the issue?

blaise
01-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Thatguy seems like the kind of person who claims a waitress is racist so he can feel good about not tipping her.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Thatguy seems like the kind of person who claims a waitress is racist so he can feel good about not tipping her.

I actually tip very well, but thank you for thinking about me.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
that's a question for you... it seems obvious that for something as important as voting that, especially in this day and age, showing a photo ID to prove that you are you should not really even be in question.

what's the issue?

Why is it important in this day and age? Why was it not important 20 years ago ? Voter fraud was much easier to pull of then, than now. Again, I ask ..whats the issue ?

headsnap
01-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Why is it important in this day and age? Why was it not important 20 years ago ? Voter fraud was much easier to pull of then, than now. Again, I ask ..whats the issue ?

nice try of deflection... it was an important issue 20 years ago, it's just nowadays getting that photo ID is less difficult.

If you are who you are, what is the issue with showing proof?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
nice try of deflection... it was an important issue 20 years ago, it's just nowadays getting that photo ID is less difficult.

If you are who you are, what is the issue with showing proof?

Are you serious ? Its MORE difficult then ever to get a photo ID because of 911.

What major changes have happened in the past 10 years that have republicans worried about voter fraud ? What demographic change has taken place ? .....why is this an issue for so many republicans now ? Why wasn't this an issue in the 2004 election ? Why was this not an issue in the 2008 election ? Why aren't republicans more worried about stopping the type of voter fraud that happened in Florida during the 2000 election ? We can do this all day long .

patteeu
01-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Are you serious ? Its MORE difficult then ever to get a photo ID because of 911.

What major changes have happened in the past 10 years that have republicans worried about voter fraud ? What demographic change has taken place ? .....why is this an issue for so many republicans now ? Why wasn't this an issue in the 2004 election ? Why was this not an issue in the 2008 election ? Why aren't republicans more worried about stopping the type of voter fraud that happened in Florida during the 2000 election ? We can do this all day long .

It's been an issue for a long time. It just hasn't been resolved completely yet because democrats have an interest in getting inelligible votes counted.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
It's been an issue for a long time. It just hasn't been resolved completely yet because democrats have an interest in getting inelligible votes counted.

Nice deflection. :clap: So I guess Republican rezoning that favors Republican voters, and the rampant voter fraud that benefited the republicans in the 2000 election is not something we need to fix ? We just need to make sure OTHER types of voter "fraud" which WONT benefit the GOP are fixed...yah I can see your point.

headsnap
01-28-2012, 01:51 PM
We can do this all day long .

yup, thanks to your selective memory...

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 01:59 PM
yup, thanks to your selective memory...

Yes..Thanks to YOUR selective memory.

HonestChieffan
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM

walk into any drivers lic branch in Missouri and you have it in hand in 15 minutes.

blaise
01-28-2012, 02:13 PM
It's racist to ask for ID.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice deflection. :clap: So I guess Republican rezoning that favors Republican voters, and the rampant voter fraud that benefited the republicans in the 2000 election is not something we need to fix ? We just need to make sure OTHER types of voter "fraud" which WONT benefit the GOP are fixed...yah I can see your point.

If you're concerned about some rampant (mythical) GOP voter fraud, you should applaud a voter ID requirement.

Gerrymandering is a completely different issue. It's not related to this topic at all and both sides do exactly the same thing. Voter ID only affects the party that tries to collect votes from ineligible voters like felons and illegal immigrants.

Hey Thatguy, have you done time? Is that why this is so important to you?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:26 PM
If you're concerned about some rampant (mythical) GOP voter fraud, you should applaud a voter ID requirement.

Gerrymandering is a completely different issue. It's not related to this topic at all and both sides do exactly the same thing. Voter ID only affects the party that tries to collect votes from ineligible voters like felons and illegal immigrants.

Hey Thatguy, have you done time? Is that why this is so important to you?

But why wasn't this an issue before ? Why didn't the GOP push for it when it was obviously a problem in the 2000 election? Why not in 2004 ? why now ? When we have so many other pressing issues ...why does the GOP push for this ? What are they so afraid of ?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:27 PM
It's racist to ask for ID.

You make me LMAO every time you post..is it your whit or your sarcasm ...or lack of both that I find so adorable ?

mnchiefsguy
01-28-2012, 02:29 PM
But why wasn't this an issue before ? Why didn't the GOP push for it when it was obviously a problem in the 2000 election? Why not in 2004 ? why now ? When we have so many other pressing issues ...why does the GOP push for this ? What are they so afraid of ?

Are you really that dumb? The GOP has been pushing for stuff like this ever since Nixon lost to Kennedy in 1960. A bunch of dead people voting in Illinois will do that to you.

There is nothing racist about requiring a vote to show a form of ID to vote. No matter how you spin it, it is a reasonable requirement. Since Obama won't do anything to secure the borders, the states need to safeguard their election processes, and the easiest, best way to do so, is to require a person to have an ID to vote.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:31 PM

The GOP has been pushing for this for a long time. Maybe if you were an old guy you'd be more aware of our political history:

Blacks and democrats, objecting to identification of voters (http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=9wMzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=pAgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=6686,593240&dq=voter+id&hl=en) since at least 2000.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:32 PM
So anyway, Thatguy, are you a convicted felon?

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:35 PM
So anyway, Thatguy, are you a convicted felon?

If its a felony to be awesome then yes..nice try, but the bait aint working..

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:36 PM
If its a felony to be awesome then yes.

What if it's not a felony to be awesome? Is the answer still yes?

mlyonsd
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
It's racist to ask for ID.Are you keeping track? The list is getting too long for me to remember. We'll need a code book or something.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:37 PM
What were you in for, if it's not too personal?

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Are you keeping track? The list is getting too long for me to remember. We'll need a code book or something.

An iphone app would be nice.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:40 PM
What were you in for, if it's not too personal?

Despite your hopes, I don't have any felonies. Do you ?

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Despite your hopes, I don't have any felonies.

Good for you. I wouldn't hope for that. I'm just trying to understand why you're against such an obviously reasonable voting requirement. I guess it must just be political partisanship.

Do you ?

Nope. None for which I've been convicted at least.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Good for you. I wouldn't hope for that. I'm just trying to understand why you're against such an obviously reasonable voting requirement. I guess it must just be political partisanship.

Nope. None for which I've been convicted at least.

I'm curious. With all of the problems that need to be fixed..why this why now, unless they see some political advantage to do it. If so just admit it.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm curious. With all of the problems that need to be fixed..why this why now, unless they see some political advantage to do it. If so just admit it.

It's been an issue for a long time so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's still an issue now. I thought we already went through this.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 02:59 PM
It's been an issue for a long time so it shouldn't come as a surprise that it's still an issue now. I thought we already went through this.

You're dodging the issue.

Chiefshrink
01-28-2012, 03:01 PM
The Obama campaign will ratchet up race as a primary issue to divide the country. We know and expect that. But maybe its just being to familiar with him but I would have given Cleaver credit for having more sense and being smarter than to help lead his merry band of nits down that road. Too late for that.

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Emanuel-Cleaver.jpg

Rep. Emanueal Cleaver — the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus – told The Daily Caller that African Americans won’t “march on the White House” over the high unemployment rate in the black community because President Barack Obama is black.

Following his appearance at Republican Rep. Allen West’s Black Conservative Forum, Cleaver elaborated on his past comments about Obama’s image in the African American community, saying, “The point I was making is that black people hold the president in such high esteem, that they would not dare march on the White House even though unemployment is at 15 percent and higher and if there was a white president we would do that because we’ve had white presidents since George Washington.”

Cleaver continued, “The point was that if we had anybody else in the White House, with this level of unemployment, that you know, you would see a lot more African Americans, African American organizations and retro organizations speaking out against it. But because he is revered, you know, he gets I guess the benefit of, you know, understanding that the situation was terrible when he came in. So, we’re not doing that.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/01/24/cbc-chairman-african-americans-would-march-on-the-white-house-if-obama-wasnt-black/

Then we have the voter fraud issue. Ignore the fact we had fraud in SC (that was a republican thing so look away), if we want to clean up voter fraud as a bad thing, not related to race, well, that won't happen. We have Cleavers band of nuts and then others...

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/SJL.jpg
. . Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) added that supporters of these laws have made the “misrepresentation” that there was fraud in the 2008 election, “maybe because we elected the first African American president.”

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) also drew a connection to these laws and Obama’s election, and said he’s not sure if the laws are being advanced due to “the color of the President” or because Obama “received record-breaking participation by the very same people that they’re making it difficult to vote.”

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/205963-black-caucus-charges-voter-id-laws-aimed-at-obama-supporters

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Congressional-Black-Caucus.jpg
(The Hill) — The Congressional Black Caucus on Monday night took to the House floor to charge that voter ID laws popping up around the country are aimed at dissuading minority voters from voting, and making it harder for President Obama to win re-election.

“It is clear to me that whether racially based or not, this is a direct attempt, not only to undermine the election process, but a specific attempt to derail what surely would be and ought to be the re-election of Barack Obama,” Rep. Donna Christensen (D-VI) said on the floor.

She was preceded by other CBC members who postulated that voter ID laws are not meant to ensure votes are cast by legal U.S. residents, as supporters of these laws contend, but as a way to thwart minorities.

Racist MoFos!!

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Racist MoFos!!

:rolleyes:

patteeu
01-28-2012, 03:07 PM
You're dodging the issue.

No I'm not. I'm telling you that the issue you've raised is as imaginary as the racism you see everywhere.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 03:10 PM
No I'm not. I'm telling you that the issue you've raised is as imaginary as the racism you see everywhere.

Draw. I see it one way, you see it the other, and we both think we're right. Their are people who agree with me, and people who agree with you , and both sides think the other is wrong.

alnorth
01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
The Obama campaign will ratchet up race as a primary issue to divide the country. We know and expect that.

Why would we "know and expect that"? Obama soft-peddled his race and generally avoided racial politics during his election and the last 3 years, to the point where some activists like Jesse Jackson were getting annoyed that he was avoiding racial politics.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Why would we "know and expect that"? Obama soft-peddled his race and generally avoided racial politics during his election and the last 3 years, to the point where some activists like Jesse Jackson were getting annoyed that he was avoiding racial politics.

But but....he hates white people. He wants to turn America into a socialist slavery colony for all of Africa...did you know he was born in Africa ?

patteeu
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM

He didn't say Obama would personally do it. I think it's more than obvious that it's been done pretty continuously for the past 3 years by Obama's surrogates without rebuke from the principal himself.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-28-2012, 05:52 PM
He didn't say Obama would personally do it. I think it's more than obvious that it's been done pretty continuously for the past 3 years by Obama's surrogates without rebuke from the principal himself.

Are you serious ? Jesus christ man, at some point you really need to let it go.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Are you serious ? Jesus christ man, at some point you really need to let it go.

I don't think you're an Obama surrogate, but you're one of the pawns they use as an amplifier for their sick message.

patteeu
01-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I don't think you're an Obama surrogate, but you're one of the pawns they use as an amplifier for their sick message.

But don't take that the wrong way. I kind of like you.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 06:11 PM
This thread is rather comical from both angles, let the racism BS die on both sides please.

alnorth
01-28-2012, 06:43 PM

Why would the president stoop to the level of criticizing the words of a random congressman or political commentator? His words are his alone, he isn't responsible for what other people say.

To quote Jon Stewart, "If I had to refute or disassociate myself from every offensive statement some jackass from my audience shouted out, I‘d never get my show on the air."

Further, you cant possibly be seriously arguing that racial politics was an issue, except to the extent that maybe some people wanted to vote for a black president. It never came up, in fact it became more of an issue where people were quietly asking "wow, Obama vs an old white man? Why aren't we talking about race?"

patteeu
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Why would the president stoop to the level of criticizing the words of a random congressman or political commentator? His words are his alone, he isn't responsible for what other people say.

To quote Jon Stewart, "If I had to refute or disassociate myself from every offensive statement some jackass from my audience shouted out, I‘d never get my show on the air."

Further, you cant possibly be seriously arguing that racial politics was an issue, except to the extent that maybe some people wanted to vote for a black president. It never came up, in fact it became more of an issue where people were quietly asking "wow, Obama vs an old white man? Why aren't we talking about race?"

I'm seriously questioning whether you're serious.

Yes, I consider Obama and his democrats to be working together the way political parties do unless he distances himself the way John McCain did when people regularly used BO's middle name.

This administration has been far more racially divisive than any in decades. From the justice departments disparate treatment of voting rights complaints on the basis of race to the demonization of the tea party movement as racist, it's been a consistent theme. You can ignore it if you want, but you can't change reality.

alnorth
01-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm seriously questioning whether you're serious.

Yes, I consider Obama and his democrats to be working together the way political parties do unless he distances himself the way John McCain did when people regularly used BO's middle name.

This administration has been far more racially divisive than any in decades. From the justice departments disparate treatment of voting rights complaints on the basis of race to the demonization of the tea party movement as racist, it's been a consistent theme. You can ignore it if you want, but you can't change reality.

I'm just going to say that you are flat-out obviously wrong, and leave it at that.

I don't know what you were reading or seeing during the 2008 campaign, but racial politics was not a major, or even a minor issue, AT ALL.

Were a few nutty people who no one but fringe people or Limbaugh noticed, saying a few racial comments? Maybe, but racial politics was never even a minor issue in the campaign.

This is sort of the reverse of how people say "oh, you see racism in innocuous things only because you have a victim mentality and want to see racism". In this case, this election was so obviously devoid of racial politics, that conservatives who are hyper-sensitive about being called or perceived racist, were seeing racial politics where it did not exist, because they wanted to see themselves accused of being racist so they'd have a chance to indignantly react.

alnorth
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
the demonization of the tea party movement as racist

No one is paying attention to them. They are crazy people. Only the far-left looney people believe in it, and only the hyper-sensitive far-right are reacting and making hay of it.

Everyone else is ignoring that tiny insignificant crowd. Its not fair to criticize Obama for not speaking out against a few stupid people.

mikey23545
01-28-2012, 10:00 PM

This is a ****ing ridiculous statement.

"Political advantage" would obviously lie with the party fighting against showing IDs, since that would allow all sorts of shenanigans to take place. The party that wants a form of identification to be shown would be fighting against voter fraud.

WTF can't you understand about that?

mikey23545
01-28-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm just going to say that you are flat-out obviously wrong, and leave it at that.

I don't know what you were reading or seeing during the 2008 campaign, but racial politics was not a major, or even a minor issue, AT ALL.

Were a few nutty people who no one but fringe people or Limbaugh noticed, saying a few racial comments? Maybe, but racial politics was never even a minor issue in the campaign.

This is sort of the reverse of how people say "oh, you see racism in innocuous things only because you have a victim mentality and want to see racism". In this case, this election was so obviously devoid of racial politics, that conservatives who are hyper-sensitive about being called or perceived racist, were seeing racial politics where it did not exist, because they wanted to see themselves accused of being racist so they'd have a chance to indignantly react.

Politico:

"Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men"

patteeu
01-28-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't know why you keep trying to change the subject to the 2008 campaign.

When people explicitly raise the specter of racism over innocuous criticisms or when the justice department makes decisions about whether or not to enforce the law on the basis of the race of the victim, it's nothing like the way some on the left see racism in "innocuous things".

patteeu
01-28-2012, 10:26 PM
No one is paying attention to them. They are crazy people. Only the far-left looney people believe in it, and only the hyper-sensitive far-right are reacting and making hay of it.

Everyone else is ignoring that tiny insignificant crowd. Its not fair to criticize Obama for not speaking out against a few stupid people.

Crazy people who also happen to be democrats holding high political office. Like it or not, Obama is, or at least should be, the leader of the democrat party.

mlyonsd
01-28-2012, 11:35 PM

Everyone else is ignoring that tiny insignificant crowd. Its not fair to criticize Obama for not speaking out against a few stupid people.When expecting elected officials to pass a budget, let alone a balanced budget is considered "crazy", you absolutely know we've reached full retard.