PDA

View Full Version : General Politics State of the Union Address

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 07:57 PM
No one's watching this? Really?

dmahurin
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Blah blah blah, stand and clap, blah blah blah, stand and clap. Not interested.

Guru
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
what a fucking joke.

Chocolate Hog
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
We'll get to hear another 4 of these from this president.

Guru
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Let's start with not paying salaries once their terms end. Being set for life just because you served one term as a congressman is a friggin joke.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:01 PM
what a fucking joke.

Are you watching it right now? Here's the thing, a lot of people who post here are pretty knowledgeable about what's going on out there. But a lot of people watching, aren't. You think those people aren't captivated right now? I'm telling you, Obama is probably going to be reelected. He's just too fucking good at this.

wazu
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Are you watching it right now? Here's the thing, a lot of people who post here are pretty knowledgeable about what's going on out there. But a lot of people watching, aren't. You think those people aren't captivated right now? I'm telling you, Obama is probably going to be reelected. He's just too fucking good at this.

I can't stand his ideas or anything he's done, but think he sounds pretty good right now. Quoting Lincoln, "Government should do what people cannot do better by themselves, and no more."

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:04 PM

I say this because there is not a GOP candidate that can stand up to this guy except that crazy, bat shit, loon, Ron Paul. And he can't even get his own party's nomination.

Taco John
01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm not listening, but because I'm a political junkie, I'll probably catch it on MP3 when I'm training for my ride...

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Obama is kicking ass tonight

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Let's start with not paying salaries once their terms end. Being set for life just because you served one term as a congressman is a friggin joke.

Absolutely. Do you think Obama would oppose that? How about Newt or Mitt? Be honest here. I'm not a fanboi of Obama anymore, but on that front. Who would be willing to write that benefit off tomorrow?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Obama would say, umm, okay. I don't think Newt or Mitt would.

wazu
01-24-2012, 08:12 PM
Absolutely. Do you think Obama would oppose that? How about Newt or Mitt? Be honest here. I'm not a fanboi of Obama anymore, but on that front. Who would be willing to write that benefit off tomorrow?

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Obama would say, umm, okay. I don't think Newt or Mitt would.

Why wouldn't Mitt? He never served in Congress and it's peanuts to him anyway. Obama and Newt would actually miss the money.

Saulbadguy
01-24-2012, 08:12 PM
God bless President Obama.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:13 PM
I just pulled my brother in law in here who is 25 years old and dumb as fuck to politics as anyone in the country. No exposure except the right-wing ultra Christian ideology he received from his parents growing up.

He's been watching for 10 minutes and he's ready to vote for Obama. And we live in an area where there are anti Obama signs up everywhere.

Obama is laying down the gauntlet tonight.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Why wouldn't Mitt? He never served in Congress and it's peanuts to him anyway. Obama and Newt would actually miss the money.

Because of all of the support he'd lose from people who are backing him. He understands the "rules" of politics. It runs in the family. You don't burn bridges with your own party. No way he doesn't look out for the good ole boys. Ron Paul is the only one who would tell them all to fuck off. He's been doing it for decades and look what it's gotten him.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I just pulled my brother in law in here who is 25 years old and dumb as fuck to politics as anyone in the country. No exposure except the right-wing ultra Christian ideology he received from his parents growing up.

He's been watching for 10 minutes and he's ready to vote for Obama. And we live in an area where there are anti Obama signs up everywhere.

ROFL But he already got bored and left the room. He'll pretty much vote for whoever I tell him too. LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:16 PM
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

I'm telling you, if you missed it, you won't like it if you're conservative. And most of you here are.

wazu
01-24-2012, 08:17 PM

Who did he vote for in 2008?

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
I think that was one of his best speeches

FD
01-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Less on income inequality, fairness, etc than I expected, mostly a list of policy proposals. They were mostly bipartisan types of things but none of it is getting enacted in an election year. Smart to bookend the speech with Bin Laden references.

Chocolate Hog
01-24-2012, 08:19 PM
He's going to get 4 more years. People like Pat are an anchor on the Republican party.

Taco John
01-24-2012, 08:20 PM
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/obama-bingo.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Who did he vote for in 2008?

John McCain. In Washington State, which is completely liberal. It was pretty much a waste of time. His parents told him who to vote for. Now he's got me. And I voted for Obama. I never thought I'd do it again, but if it's Romney, or Gingrich, I probably will. :facepalm:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:22 PM
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/obama-bingo.jpg

ROFL That's pretty funny. Blackout for this Address I'm sure. And probably in short enough time to win the jackpot.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I'll be interested in seeing The Republican response.

FD
01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
They chose Mitch Daniels to give primary voters a glimpse at what might have been.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm actually surprised at how many of the board's conservatives either didn't watch this, or didn't have shit to say while it was happening like they have in every debate.

Saulbadguy
01-24-2012, 08:26 PM
I'll be interested in seeing The Republican response.

Abortion, gay marriage, blah blah blah.

Chocolate Hog
01-24-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm actually surprised at how many of the board's conservatives either didn't watch this, or didn't have shit to say while it was happening like they have in every debate.

It's the state of the union dude theres not much to say.

tk13
Abortion, gay marriage, blah blah blah.

We'll see.. these are not Mitch Daniels strong points at all. It's probably going to be economy economy economy.

Thatguy
Obama slammed the GOP tonight. Awesome job!

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Well shit. 2 episodes of The Big Bang Theory on my DVR. I guess I won't see the response after all.

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
If this is true then this is fucking hilarious

Right now, American oil production is the highest that it's been in eight years. That's right - eight years. Not only that - last year, we relied less on foreign oil than in any of the past sixteen years.

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:30 PM
After the first minute of Daniels speaking I know now why he didn't run. He is way to nice and respectful.

Thatguy
Waiting for the GOP " Omg the president is B**** and the world will end because of it" take on the country.

Mr. Flopnuts
He's doing a good job right now. But how many people are still watching after they found out it wasn't 1 of the candidates? And don't expect them to know why, they just know it's not.

Chocolate Hog
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
This dude is boring.

RJ
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
If this is true then this ****ing hilarious

I guess one plus to a crappy economy is that we don't need as much oil, regardless of where it comes from.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
After the first minute of Daniels speaking I know now why he didn't run. He is way to nice and respectful.

He isn't calling Obama the devil , or claiming Obama is a Nazi Muslim from Mars. This is not good for a GOP candidate.

LiveSteam
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Skip, skip,skip to my left

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:36 PM

They are too busy waiting to get their talking points.

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:38 PM
I guess one plus to a crappy economy is that we don't need as much oil, regardless of where it comes from.

True but I was mostly talking about the first point of oil production is the highest in 8 years.

Iowanian
01-24-2012, 08:43 PM
I didn't think the Comrad's campaign speech was that enchanting.

It was pretty much a list of things he's F'd up that he might try fixing.

Shut down the oil pipeline last week....but he's going to open up the tap on exploration...

uh huh.

Oil production is high, because the price is through the F'ing roof. He's 3 years late in helping anything to do with the oil industry.

Guru

None of them would ever vote for it.

Jawshco
Boring or not Daniels is a lot better than Santorum, Newt and Romney.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 08:44 PM
They are too busy waiting to get their talking points.

This

The zombi crew cant or wont think for themselves. They will wait for FOX "news" to tell them how to think. I`m excited to see how many threads HCF starts in regards to tonight's speech ..copy and paste time!!

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok I just woke up what did Daniels say again?

Guru
01-24-2012, 08:49 PM
This

The zombi crew cant or wont think for themselves. They will wait for FOX "news" to tell them how to think. I`m excited to see how many threads HCF starts in regards to tonight's speech ..copy and paste time!!

Give it a break. There are just as many zombies on the left too.

Jawshco
01-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Obama is a great speaker, and did a fine job of talking like a moderate to appeal to the fence sitters that aren't sure which way to go. I consider myself a bit of a moderate, but I wasn't influenced at all. He also campainged as a moderate, but he's acted as one of the most liberal Presidents we've ever had. He's talking cutting taxes and quoting Lincoln- say what? I just don't buy it. His actions contradict those statements. It's campaign talk, IMO.

Ebolapox
01-24-2012, 08:53 PM
yawn.

he gives a killer speech, no doubt about it. but what else has he done to deserve being re-elected? serious question--hope and change can only take you so far. he'll be re-elected because the repub party is splintered, and we'll get another four years of good speeches with absolutely nothing to back them up. quick question, has he stopped saying 'I INHERITED THIS, IT'S NOT MY FAULT' yet?

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 08:55 PM
This

Better than having MSNBC and Keith Olbermann tell you what to think....

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Obama is a great speaker, and did a fine job of talking like a moderate to appeal to the fence sitters that aren't sure which way to go. I consider myself a bit of a moderate, but I wasn't influenced at all. He also campainged as a moderate, but he's acted as one of the most liberal Presidents we've ever had. He's talking cutting taxes and quoting Lincoln- say what? I just don't buy it. His actions contradict those statements. It's campaign talk, IMO.

What policies has he enacted that are far left?

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
yawn.

he gives a killer speech, no doubt about it. but what else has he done to deserve being re-elected? serious question--hope and change can only take you so far. he'll be re-elected because the repub party is splintered, and we'll get another four years of good speeches with absolutely nothing to back them up. quick question, has he stopped saying 'I INHERITED THIS, IT'S NOT MY FAULT' yet?

He won't have his teleprompter for the debates, so maybe there will be some hope.

I thought Daniels had a good response....a bit dry on the delivery, but it is a shame he is not in the field.

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 09:00 PM

they are exactly the same

thecoffeeguy
01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Can I neg rep the state of the union?

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Give it a break. There are just as many zombies on the left too.

That is true. I cant stand the liberal zombies either. I`m referring to OUR zombies on Chiefsplanet.

FD
01-24-2012, 09:07 PM
I miss Bachmann giving a crazy response where she stares slightly off camera the whole time.

tk13
01-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Boring or not Daniels is a lot better than Santorum, Newt and Romney.

From a strategic perspective you're probably right. Problem is he's not a rah-rah guy for the hard right, and he was GWB's budget director, which he would get hammered on. But he'd probably appeal to some moderates because he's like an economy robot... and he would not get caught up in the social issues that turn off people who don't like Republicans. He would've probably spent the next 11 months just hammering the economy and debt like he did tonight.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:09 PM

Why are you such a whinny little bitch ? You know what I`m referring to "idiot".. Did you tuck your mangina too tight when wifey ram-rodded your man cave with that coco brown dildo last night..is that why you have such a hard on for me ? Got damn man, you need to stop letting her do that...it really makes you a prick.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:10 PM
From a strategic perspective you're probably right. Problem is he's not a rah-rah guy for the hard right, and he was GWB's budget director, which he would get hammered on. But he'd probably appeal to some moderates because he's like an economy robot... and he would not get caught up in the social issues that turn off people who don't like Republicans. He would've probably spent the next 11 months just hammering the economy and debt like he did tonight.

Which is what this country needs...honestly, a President and a Congress who are willing to set aside the social issues, and get the economy fixed and rolling again.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM

Good points. I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard the GOP picked Daniels. They want to appeal to moderates and independents , who are turned off by some of the radical right.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Why are you such a whinny little bitch ? You know what I`m referring to "idiot".. Did you tuck your mangina too tight when wifey ram-rodded your man cave with that coco brown dildo last night..is that why you have such a hard on for me ? Got damn man, you need to stop letting her do that...it really makes you a prick.

You are a fucking douche and a troll. Too bad you are incapable of having a hard on, with that fucking glass vagina of yours.

ku fan and Obama supporter...figures.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Which is what this country needs...honestly, a President and a Congress who are willing to set aside the social issues, and get the economy fixed and rolling again.

You mean the GOP needs to put their issues aside and work with the Dems to get the economy fixed and rolling again ( Waits for the neg rep from mnchiefsguy)

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
You are a ****ing douche and a troll. Too bad you are incapable of having a hard on, with that ****ing glass vagina of yours.

ku fan and Obama supporter...figures.

You mad!..ROFLROFLROFLROFL
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/images-3.jpg

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:17 PM
You mad!..ROFLROFLROFLROFL
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/images-3.jpg

Whatever glass vagina.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:18 PM
You mean the GOP needs to put their issues aside and work with the Dems to get the economy fixed and rolling again ( Waits for the neg rep from mnchiefsguy)

Oh yeah, Obama is such a beacon of compromise. Yeah, right.

Keep spitting out those Obama talking points.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Getting into it with Thatguy, is the equivilent of getting into it with Patteau. Just different verbage and talking points. Why bother? Their minds are firmly made up.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Whatever glass vagina.

"mnchiefsguy Can't stand you either troll."

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/MAD1.jpg

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Getting into it with Thatguy, is the equivilent of getting into it with Patteau. Just different verbage and talking points. Why bother? Their minds are firmly made up.

Except Patteau has a brain. Thatguy is just an idiot with a glass vagina.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:21 PM
"mnchiefsguy Can't stand you either troll."

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/MAD1.jpg

Is that the best you got glass vagina?

You are the Matt Cassel of posters.

dirk digler
01-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Patteau has a brain.

You have been bamboozled.

:D

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:23 PM

No, this is not true. I agree with some GOP speaking points. I think we need a smaller government, but also a government that takes care of its people when needed. I think less restraints on big business might help the economy, but I also know wall street definitely needs to be overhauled, so we don't have another global economic melt down again.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:24 PM

Do you agree more Patteau, or Thatguy? I'd agree Pat is more civil, but I'm not convinced he's more intelligent. Thatguy is a troll, and Pat is a rationalizing manipulator. Huh, maybe Pat is smarter.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Is that the best you got glass vagina?

You are the Matt Cassel of posters.

Its funny because...ROFLROFL

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/MAD3.jpg

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Do you agree more Patteau, or Thatguy? I'd agree Pat is more civil, but I'm not convinced he's more intelligent. Thatguy is a troll, and Pat is a rationalizing manipulator. Huh, maybe Pat is smarter.

Troll? Really ? Take your mod badge off and I bet you wont say that....:mad:

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/kc07charger/MAD2.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
No, this is not true. I agree with some GOP speaking points. I think we need a smaller government, but also a government that takes care of its people when needed. I think less restraints on big business might help the economy, but I also know wall street definitely needs to be overhauled, so we don't have another global economic melt down again.

Nice post. But that's the first one in this thread. The rest has been Obama rah rah, and trollery. U mad and u jelly pictures are proof of it.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Troll? Really ? Take your mod badge off and I bet you wont say that....:mad:

I'm not going to ban you for ANYTHING you say to me, so have at it. I'm just being honest with you. No need to pull out your epeen. I'm not easily trolled n00b. Pat is better at it than almost anyone ive ever seen.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Nice post. But that's the first one in this thread. The rest has been Obama rah rah, and trollery. U mad and u jelly pictures are proof of it.

I guess...(scratches head)

Deberg_1990
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
State of the Union Address = Pointless dog and pony show

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM

BTW, I agree with all of this post.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm not going to ban you for ANYTHING you say to me, so have at it. I'm just being honest with you. No need to pull out your epeen. I'm not easily trolled n00b. Pat is better at it than almost anyone ive ever seen.

NOW YOU MAD!!! lol

Just kidding.. I see you flexing your " I've been on the interweb for a long time and seen it all and you cant drag me down to your level" muscle. Its cool bro..I respect that...but when calling me n00b, don't ever..ever.. forget to put "of the year" after "n00b" when referring to Thatguy.

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM

Well delivered...but basically a campaign kickoff for Obama. I don't see anything in Obama's proposals that will actually reduce government. I don't even think Obamacare was mentioned at all...so he was in full avoidance mode of anything that could make him look bad.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
BTW, I agree with all of this post.

Internet high five..( waits for mnchiefsfan to neg rep this )

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
NOW YOU MAD!!! lol

Just kidding.. I see you flexing your " I've been on the interweb for a long time and seen it all and you cant drag me down to your level" muscle. Its cool bro..I respect that...but when calling me n00b, don't ever..ever.. forget to put "of the year" after "n00b" when referring to Thatguy.

More like douche of the year. You are a shitty noob, give up the dream glass vagina.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
NOW YOU MAD!!! lol

ROFL You gotta start making sigs for people bro. You're intelligent, but you like to troll. You know it too. ;)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
More like douche of the year. You are a shitty noob, give up the dream glass vagina.

U MAD BRO?

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Internet high five..( waits for mnchiefsfan to neg rep this )

By the way, you want to say something, have some fucking balls and post it, instead of putting it on someone's wall where no one will see it. You are a chickenshit with a glass vagina.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2012, 09:39 PM
By the way, you want to say something, have some fucking balls and post it, instead of putting it on someone's wall where no one will see it. You are a chickenshit with a glass vagina.

You erased them, but I read them. I see you two have history. I'm gonna step out now. Have fun, kids.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
ROFL You gotta start making sigs for people bro. You're intelligent, but you like to troll. You know it too. ;)

I like to have fun with it man. Its silly to get worked up over any of this. Granted I did catch feelings a few times ....but to really hate someone over this stuff..is silly.

donkhater
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM

And you are an Obama supporter? With Obamacare he has expanded the government dramatically. Got out of Iraq, but still promotes mischief in the world. How have your civil liberites improved? TSA anyone?

Wall Street overhaul? From the politician who took the most money from Wall Street in the the last election? From the guy who bails them out and creates a dangerous moral hazard?

You don't have to think the Republicans are any more competent, but at least acknowledge Obama is just awful.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
By the way, you want to say something, have some ****ing balls and post it, instead of putting it on someone's wall where no one will see it. You are a chickenshit with a glass vagina.

I hope you find peace brother. Its not that serious. When you calm down, maybe we can be friends. :thumb:

KILLER_CLOWN
Fuggin Wankers!

BCD
How much BS is he spewing?

I actually voted for this useless cockbag.

VOTE RON PAUL!

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I hope you find peace brother. Its not that serious. When you calm down, maybe we can be friends. :thumb:

I am totally calm. Trust me, your posts mean very little.....hell, you barely type in complete sentences, and the gifs you post aren't that funny. So don't give yourself so much credit.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:49 PM
And you are an Obama supporter? With Obamacare he has expanded the government dramatically. Got out of Iraq, but still promotes mischief in the world. How have your civil liberites improves with the TSA?

Wall Street overhaul? From the politician who took the most money from Wall Street in the the last election? From the guy who bails them out and creates a dangerous moral hazard?

You don't have to think the Republicans are any more competent, but at least acknowledge Obama is just awful.

Yes I support Obama, Yes I`m a liberal. Yes I liked the Health Care bill..not all of it, but its a start. I try too look at things through partisan eyes sometimes. I don't want to get too clogged down in political dogma, that I follow blindly. I think Obama was placed in a tough position , and any Dem or Rep would of not fared well. With that being said, I think Obama is the best candidate available still and that is who will get my vote.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I am totally calm. Trust me, your posts mean very little.....hell, you barely type in complete sentences, and the gifs you post aren't that funny. So don't give yourself so much credit.

You neg rep everything I post..my post obviously mean SOMETHING TO YOU ...ROFLROFL ..YOU"RE DEFINITELY MAD!! You need to relax man. This is not real life..this is the net....you need to have a thicker skin. Like I said, find some inner peace bro and lets just dap this on out

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
You neg rep everything I post...ROFLROFL Bro..YOU"RE DEFINITELY MAD!! You need to relax man. This is not real life..this is the net....you need to have a thicker skin. Like I said, find some inner peace bro and lets just dap this on out

Not everything...just some of the stupid stuff. I don't have enough rep power to neg rep everything you post...you post too much stupid shit with your glass vagina.

Actually, I neg repped you the first time for posting something stupid...and then you bombarded my wall with stupid posts and I started getting notifications....so that led to more rep, since you were being such a cowardly shit. If you had just taken your neg rep like a man, you would probably never would have heard from me again. But you continue to be a douche bag and stalk me, so you get what you get.

Stay classy fucktard :thumb:

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Not everything...just some of the stupid stuff. I don't have enough rep power to neg rep everything you post...you post too much stupid shit with your glass vagina.

Actually, I neg repped you the first time for posting something stupid...and then you bombarded my wall with stupid posts and I started getting notifications....so that led to more rep, since you were being such a cowardly shit. If you had just taken your neg rep like a man, you would probably never would have heard from me again. But you continue to be a douche bag and stalk me, so you get what you get.

Stay classy ****tard :thumb:

ROFLROFLROFL Yet , you keep feeding the troll... -.ROFLROFL

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 09:59 PM
ROFLROFLROFL Yet , you keep feeding the troll... -.ROFLROFL

Well, at least I got you to confess what you really are...a troll with a glass vagina. LMAO

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Well, at least I got you to confess what you really are...a troll with a glass vagina. LMAO

How does that work? A glass vagina ?

mnchiefsguy
01-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I dont neg rep....I think thats gay. I did post comments about me, your wife, and sex toys on your board..plus I called you a female dog once or twice....so maybe I was mad ??? ..doubt it though.

Your comments were much more personal and more angry than anything I have said, so maybe you should take a step back and breath a little.

Fox is getting ready to replay the State of Union...maybe that can help you relax.

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Your comments were much more personal and more angry than anything I have said, so maybe you should take a step back and breath a little.

Fox is getting ready to replay the State of Union...maybe that can help you relax.

You're feeding me again...

orange
01-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I miss Bachmann giving a crazy response where she stares slightly off camera the whole time.

I saw some interesting tweets from PPP about their ongoing Minnesota poll. Not only is Gingrich way out front - but Romney is in fourth place. 4th.

Also, Bachmann is in trouble ... if she even chooses to run again.

It's a shame you have so little regard for the Constitution.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGKwgmyEAJs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tGKwgmyEAJs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
I saw some interesting tweets from PPP about their ongoing Minnesota poll. Not only is Gingrich way out front - but Romney is in fourth place. 4th.

My conservative friends hate Romney. I think the guy gets demolished in the Gerald elections

Thatguy
01-24-2012, 10:10 PM

My conservative friends hate Romney. I think the guy gets demolished in the general election

Taco John
01-24-2012, 10:12 PM
Kind of makes me laugh how much patteeu angst there is around this place these days. Patteeu might be the second coolest guy on this forum... ;)

fan4ever
01-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Honey? Honey? You got to get in here. Obama's laying it down hard! Damn he's good. Oh, wait. You're still out there working your three part time jobs. I'll record this so I can show it to her later. Damn, I can't wait to vote for this guy again...I may even volunteer for some campaign work since I haven't had a job in a year.

chiefforlife
01-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Kind of makes me laugh how much patteeu angst there is around this place these days. Patteeu might be the second coolest guy on this forum... ;)

I have to agree. :thumb:

WV
01-24-2012, 11:13 PM

:clap:

KILLER_CLOWN
01-24-2012, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the compliment, what did i win?

DaKCMan AP
01-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Chad Ochocinco @ochocinco
Find other ways to make it back. Why complain #grind RT @Jsin86: What you think about losing $300,000 for every million you make? @ochocino
10 hours ago via Seesmic

Chiefshrink
01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Such a Castro like propaganda campaign speech. But did we really think anything was going to be different?

Re-employable? Another made up word to describe his "parasite Marxist base"!!

alnorth
01-25-2012, 09:46 AM

Just checked PPP's twitter, thanks for the heads-up. I gotta start following that.

If this pans out and other polls start reflecting this, then the american electorate may have finally turned a corner that I've been half-expecting but surprised at not seeing for the last 2 or 3 elections: the Dems may have finally won the capital gains debate. (hell, never mind won, they have only just now attempted to fight that issue)

I don't think the American people have really been made aware that our progressive income tax system abruptly reverses once you get from "wealthy" (about 30%+), past "really wealthy" (20's) and up to "holy God that guy's rich" (less than 15% effective tax rate). A few politicians have tried to point it out here and there, but its been mostly a soft-peddled unmentioned open secret where the only discussion is that we need a lower capital gains rate to spur investment, but no one brings up the impact on total effective taxes for the ultra-rich and no one really asks if maybe we should fix that to make capital gains more progressive as well.

I think its obvious that Obama is going to zero in on making the 30% millionaire's capital gain rate his primary issue, and I think its probably a winning issue vs either candidate, either the stark difference between Mitt's 14-something rate vs Obama's high 20 or low 30-something federal rate that he's likely paying as president or Gingrich's plan to basically eliminate federal taxes entirely for the investing class.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
I think its obvious that Obama is going to zero in on making the 30% millionaire's capital gain rate his primary issue, and I think its probably a winning issue vs either candidate, either the stark difference between Mitt's 14-something rate vs Obama's high 20 or low 30-something federal rate that he's likely paying as president or Gingrich's plan to basically eliminate federal taxes entirely for the investing class.

I knew the rate dropped again if you were super wealthy. But I read that Mitt paid 46% of his income in taxes and charity. Where the average voter is ignorant is though, is that even if you took all the wealth away from that super wealthy you'd barely run the govt a month. So it plays on envy to get elected but doesn't really amount to correcting our spending/deficit problems. Also,I am not sure Gringrich's surge can be maintained when more about his record comes out. He even co-sponsored The Fairness Doctrine and some other things in the link that are the bane of the conservatives.

http://www.wnd.com/author/jabramoff/

alnorth
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I read that Mitt paid 46% of his income in taxes and charity.

No one is going to care about charity, state, or local taxes. He paid a federal effective rate less than 15%, while most in the middle class pay more than that.

even if you took all the wealth away from that super wealthy you'd barely run the govt a month. So it plays on envy to get elected

That isn't relevant, since no one but the insane is advocating for a 100% marginal rate. Doesn't matter if its not much money compared to total revenue, its either fair for the ultra-rich to pay a lower rate than the middle class, or its not. This one looks like an easy slam-dunk winning issue to me, politically speaking.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:10 AM
My conservative friends hate Romney. I think the guy gets demolished in the general election

If your conservative friends hate Romney he'd get demolished in the primary and not make it to the general. He has a better chance in the national per polls.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:12 AM
No one is going to care about charity, state, or local taxes. He paid a federal effective rate less than 15%, while most in the middle class pay more than that.

Taxing the fat cats higher still won't handle our debt and deficit problems. Plus most still don't pay anything either. Is it really Mitt's fault others made that his rate?

alnorth
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Taxing the fat cats higher still won't handle our debt and deficit problems. Plus most still don't pay anything either. Is it really Mitt's fault others made that his rate?

Equalizing the punishment for crack vs powder cocaine also doesn't matter in the big picture for crime and deterrence, but it doesn't matter whether it impacts a lot of people or not, or if its going to make a difference for the nation or not. Its either right and fair, or it isn't, and the people just might care greatly enough about this capital gains tax issue to change their vote. (or at least, Obama certainly thinks they will)

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Equalizing the punishment for crack vs powder cocaine also doesn't matter in the big picture for crime and deterrence, but it doesn't matter whether it impacts a lot of people or not, or if its going to make a difference for the nation or not. Its either right and fair, or it isn't, and the people just might care greatly enough about this capital gains tax issue to change their vote. (or at least, Obama certainly thinks they will)

Well, I agree it is not fair. ( although the whole progressive system isn't either if we're really treating people equal under the law) However, it doesn't handle anything why do so many people buy into it? I think the left thinks it works while ignoring our problem of spending.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
I think that was one of his best speeches

"President Obama's 2012 State of the Union address again rated at an 8th grade comprehension level on the Flesch-Kincaid readability test — the third lowest score of any State of the Union address since 1934."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/state-of-the-union-registers-at-th-grade-reading-level-112236.html

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
He's going to get 4 more years. People like Pat are an anchor on the Republican party.

Yup! Especially on wanting another war with Iran. That may come to pass anyway because we usually get the same FP no matter if there is a D or and R in office.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Yeah patteeu has that at least. He'll give you a reasoned argument, many times a la Bill Clinton though. That is when he's not calling-out, taking cheap swipes or tossing out flame bait.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
"President Obama's 2012 State of the Union address again rated at an 8th grade comprehension level on the Flesch-Kincaid readability test — the third lowest score of any State of the Union address since 1934."

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/state-of-the-union-registers-at-th-grade-reading-level-112236.html

How does this correlate with whether a speech is good or not? You could take that speech, lengthen all of the sentences, and use a thesaurus to switch out common words for longer more archaic scholarly words, but the audience is going to tune out.

ChiTown
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM

IT's not about finding a solution for the Deficit. It's about getting votes.

alnorth
However, it doesn't handle anything why do so many people buy into it?

I don't think its very hard to understand why hearing that the ultra-rich pay a lower effective rate than you do would resonate.

I figure I should spell out what I think though, since I've been trying to say this is a great political move without necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with it. I don't know what the ideal answer is, but I've got 3 guidelines which I firmly believe in right now: 1) In general, we are on the left side of the Laffer curve, so lower taxes are not going to bring in more revenue. Maybe when the top rate was over 50% before Reagan, but not now. 2) I oppose regressive tax systems (which is why I think sales taxes should be abolished) 3) Labor should be taxed at a less than or equal rate compared to capital gains. I see no good reason, other than if you are arguing economic necessity, why labor should be taxed more heavily than capital gains. I used to think capital gains had to be taxed lower by economic necessity, but after the great recession followed Bush's 15% rate, I no longer believe there's much of a correlation between willingness to invest and capital gains taxes, at least not when comparing 15% to 25%. There probably would be somewhere above 50%.

My perfect solution would probably be a universal flat income tax rate. Capital gains, wages, don't care, throw them both into one pot, take out your deductions, and apply one rate to everyone. Rate would be determined based on how much money is necessary, after big needed entitlement and defense cuts. If the country refuses to go to a universal flat tax, then I fall back to my 3 guidelines above.

FishingRod
Watched it last night and will try to give a fair assent as I can admitting I’m pretty libertarian. I’ll start with some positive feedback It is always a smart move to give props to the military. I gave a standing ovation for saying that insider trading should not be ok for the House and the Senate. The story about the Flag given to him by the seal time was well played and made most of us Americans proud. The President is undoubtedly a gifted public speaker and his presentation was as it often is was excellent. It is always clever to quote a great President from the opposing party.
Now on the not so kind side of things I was wondering , didn’t some or most of the Team of Seals that took out OBL get killed when their helicopter was shot down on a later mission? Would that not have been appropriate to mention? He went on and on about this new program and that program and how we need to do this and do that and how we are going to lower taxes on everyone except the big mean rich guys. How we need to make college more affordable. Sounds great but really how are we going to do that? He spoke of the Poor secretary that works for Warren buffet who Warren has said pays at the 35% Tax rate. So what you are saying is that she is one lucky highly paid secretary who’s a pretty well off Lady. One that needs to hire a Tax advisor so she quits getting bent over by the IRS. There seemed to be a great deal of everyone should be happy and full and wealthy and you guys in congress figure out how to do that and slash the deficit and I’ll sign it. The guts of his vision came across as typical political BS that is not confined to either party but, is the tried and true I’m going to give you more stuff and lower your taxes at the same time. A government with a 15 trillion debt 1/3 of which can be tied to the current administration needs to get a little reality check and maybe just maybe treat the American people like adults and deal with the situation before we become a really big Greece.
So in summery great style with some things we can all agree on and strive for but, not much substance. I thought the rebuttal was while not as shiny as the State of the Union pretty good for style points and well thought out on the issues that the Republicans should be hammering home

alnorth
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
IT's not about finding a solution for the Deficit. It's about getting votes.

If you are going to ask the people to accept very large entitlement cuts, I don't think it should be a surprise if they insist that, at the very least, the ultra-rich do not pay a lower effective rate than they do.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 12:05 PM
How does this correlate with whether a speech is good or not? You could take that speech, lengthen all of the sentences, and use a thesaurus to switch out common words for longer more archaic scholarly words, but the audience is going to tune out.

Whether it's a good speech or not depends on who you are. It's pretty subjective.
As to the 8th grade language, if that's where the masses are at, then you can't expect them to have much knowledge as to what will improve this country. They'll vote solely on emotion.
A nation of children. That's the way I see it. It doesn't have to be PhD or graduate level. Plenty have had the opportunity to go to college with all the aid out there. Yet, even in 1934 the language level wasn't as low.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Now on the not so kind side of things I was wondering , didn’t some or most of the Team of Seals that took out OBL get killed when their helicopter was shot down on a later mission?

Nope, that report was quickly debunked. There was a story that a seal team was killed and some people in the media, apparently not realizing that there are many more than just one unit, thought it must have been the OBL team.

He spoke of the Poor secretary that works for Warren buffet who Warren has said pays at the 35% Tax rate. So what you are saying is that she is one lucky highly paid secretary who’s a pretty well off Lady. One that needs to hire a Tax advisor so she quits getting bent over by the IRS.

This isn't hard to understand, and I was shocked when a lot of people in the conservative media, after Buffet started complaining about this, immediately assumed that he was getting some crazy exotic tax breaks, and either forgot or failed to understand that this was obviously due to the Bush tax cuts and the 15% capital gains rate.

There is not a tax adviser in the world who could get her taxes down to Buffet's level without going to jail, because she earns her money based on labor, not capital gains. At and above the middle class, we tax labor at a MUCH higher rate than capital gains, and many people believe this is wrong.

LOCOChief
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Why didn't the douche bag president talk about his wonderfull healthcare reform?

alnorth
01-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Why didn't the douche bag president talk about his wonderfull healthcare reform?

.... he did.

I'm pretty sure he pointed out a young cancer-stricken man in the audience who benefited. (Guy was under 26, and was allowed to stay on his parent's policy, where before he would have gotten dropped from the policy before he got cancer)

HonestChieffan
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/610xxxx-550x346.jpg

FishingRod
01-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Nope, that report was quickly debunked. There was a story that a seal team was killed and some people in the media, apparently not realizing that there are many more than just one unit, thought it must have been the OBL team.

This isn't hard to understand, and I was shocked when a lot of people in the conservative media, after Buffet started complaining about this, immediately assumed that he was getting some crazy exotic tax breaks, and either forgot or failed to understand that this was obviously due to the Bush tax cuts and the 15% capital gains rate.

There is not a tax adviser in the world who could get her taxes down to Buffet's level without going to jail, because she earns her money based on labor, not capital gains. At and above the middle class, we tax labor at a MUCH higher rate than capital gains, and many people believe this is wrong.

Glad to hear the story about the seals was bogus.

I started to write a long winded response about while not getting to the overall rate like Buffet until she would retire, she could and should do everything legal to lower her Tax burden. And how a doubling of the Capital gains tax would hurt someone like her far more than WB when she does retire. It then occurred to me that you would seem understand all that. So why waste my limited typing skills.
I do wonder, (and this is not really directed at you) how many times this, or the next President gets sign off to Extend the “Bush” Tax cuts before it comes across as a little hypocritical to keep calling them the “Bush” tax cuts in a derisive manner.

HonestChieffan
01-25-2012, 02:04 PM
If they don't act on the tax issue the screams from the middle class will blow off the lid. Capital gains will rise, taxes on dividends and interest will rise and the marginal tax rates will all rise.

Obama gave a good speech. He does that. He says words well. They may be wrong. They may be errors or simple lies. But he does it top drawer.

This speech was not intended to create action, we all know it was a campaign speech aimed at the followers who will fall in line like the sheep they are. Obama will soon take off to campaign and vacation. He won't spend a day with congress nor will he make any move to be involved that could make his failure as a leader more clear.

The desire here was to talk to the Obama machine. They loved it. And to avoid anything close to accepting responsibility or to trying to bring the two houses together.

He will now do nothing to implement anything he talked about.

BucEyedPea
01-25-2012, 02:08 PM
The cause of the middle class destruction and growing discrepancy between rich and poor is the destruction of the dollar which buys less. This system does favor the rich. But it gets the least amount of emphasis.

Baby Lee
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Anyone have a breakdown on the amount of capital gains income that isn't derived from the investment of previously taxed wage/property/profit income?

alnorth
01-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Glad to hear the story about the seals was bogus.

I started to write a long winded response about while not getting to the overall rate like Buffet until she would retire, she could and should do everything legal to lower her Tax burden. And how a doubling of the Capital gains tax would hurt someone like her far more than WB when she does retire. It then occurred to me that you would seem understand all that. So why waste my limited typing skills.
I do wonder, (and this is not really directed at you) how many times this, or the next President gets sign off to Extend the “Bush” Tax cuts before it comes across as a little hypocritical to keep calling them the “Bush” tax cuts in a derisive manner.

It would probably hurt HER more than Buffett since she apparently makes high 6-figures, but not most people in the middle class, like someone who contributes to 401k's and IRA's but doesn't have excess money above the cap to invest in private accounts.

For most people, their income coming out of their retirement accounts are still considered (deferred) wages and taxed accordingly, not capital gains.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
If they don't act on the tax issue the screams from the middle class will blow off the lid. Capital gains will rise, taxes on dividends and interest will rise and the marginal tax rates will all rise.

Obama gave a good speech. He does that. He says words well. They may be wrong. They may be errors or simple lies. But he does it top drawer.

This speech was not intended to create action, we all know it was a campaign speech aimed at the followers who will fall in line like the sheep they are. Obama will soon take off to campaign and vacation. He won't spend a day with congress nor will he make any move to be involved that could make his failure as a leader more clear.

The desire here was to talk to the Obama machine. They loved it. And to avoid anything close to accepting responsibility or to trying to bring the two houses together.

He will now do nothing to implement anything he talked about.

Some vitriol, but a damn fine post.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Anyone have a breakdown on the amount of capital gains income that isn't derived from the investment of previously taxed wage/property/profit income?

probably not much, but if they want to stuff money under their mattresses and earn nothing, they can if they really wanted to.

I know you are headed towards "this is double-taxation" territory, but the principal is not taxed. The yield is brand-new passively earned income and I disagree with taxing that at a lower rate than your wages.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM

The republicans are kind of stuck right now. Favorable tax treatment for capital gains is very deeply-ingrained GOP orthodoxy. We don't have a conservative/moderate split on this issue at all, the entire party is basically out of step with the voters and have been getting by on trying not to let the wealthy effective tax rate become an issue. Unfortunately for them, its an issue now and they may have to lose an election before a split in the party is created.

Gingrich is actually going to double down and try to make the case for taking capital gains to zero, and I seriously doubt Mitt concedes the 15% rate. (I was going to say no way in hell, but since he's a perfectly-oiled weather vane, I don't really know)

Baby Lee
01-25-2012, 02:52 PM
probably not much, but if they want to stuff money under their mattresses and earn nothing, they can if they really wanted to.

I know you are headed towards "this is double-taxation" territory, but the principal is not taxed. The yield is brand-new passively earned income and I disagree with taxing that at a lower rate than your wages.

And the government reimburses them how much for capital losses?

alnorth
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
And the government reimburses them how much for capital losses?

capital losses can be used to offset capital gains. If you have no capital gains, they can be carried forward indefinitely. Each year you can also use a small amount of those carried losses to offset income (about $3,000/year I think), which currently would benefit you as much or more than offsetting the 15% rate unless you are poor.

If you never ever have capital gains equaling or exceeding your loss for the rest of your life, then you'll lose some of that write-off after you die. Life's not fair, and that small risk impacting few people is not enough to justify taxing your wages at a much higher rate.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm actually surprised at how many of the board's conservatives either didn't watch this, or didn't have shit to say while it was happening like they have in every debate.I would rather watch a rerun of Bonanza.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Boring or not Daniels is a lot better than Santorum, Newt and Romney.Santorum, Newt, and Romney are a lot better than Hussein.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Obama is a great speaker, and did a fine job of talking like a moderate to appeal to the fence sitters that aren't sure which way to go. I consider myself a bit of a moderate, but I wasn't influenced at all. He also campainged as a moderate, but he's acted as one of the most liberal Presidents we've ever had. He's talking cutting taxes and quoting Lincoln- say what? I just don't buy it. His actions contradict those statements. It's campaign talk, IMO.Obama can read a teleprompter.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
yawn.

he gives a killer speech, no doubt about it. but what else has he done to deserve being re-elected? serious question--hope and change can only take you so far. he'll be re-elected because the repub party is splintered, and we'll get another four years of good speeches with absolutely nothing to back them up. quick question, has he stopped saying 'I INHERITED THIS, IT'S NOT MY FAULT' yet?He READS a killer speech.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
What policies has he enacted that are far left?Nationalizing GM; Universal health care; Appointing a bazillion Czars; Pissing Trillions of dollars on stimulating boondoggles like Solyndra and the high speed choo choo; Banning oil drilling as a knee jerk reaction to the oil rig disaster; Banning Keystone pipeline; pitting the rich against the poor; using the bully pulpit to pimp for higher taxes during a depression. I could go on.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I miss Bachmann giving a crazy response where she stares slightly off camera the whole time.Just admit it, you are hot for her.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 03:22 PM
You mean the DEMS needs to put their issues aside and work with the GOP to get the economy fixed and rolling again ( Waits for the neg rep from mnchiefsguy)FYP

patteeu
01-25-2012, 03:24 PM

Are we going to eliminate corporate profits taxes then, because wages are deductible, but the rest (which accounts for dividends and cap gains growth) is taxed at the corporate level. IOW, both the principal and the growth have already been taxed whereas wages haven't.

orange
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
He READS a killer speech.

Don't you have an obvious and amateurish phony teleprompter picture to post? HCF can lend you one.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Are we going to eliminate corporate profits taxes then, because wages are deductible, but the rest (which accounts for dividends and cap gains growth) is taxed at the corporate level. IOW, both the principal and the growth have already been taxed whereas wages haven't.

To be perfectly honest, I would do that for the exact reason you've given. Seriously, along with state and local sales taxes I'd take corporate taxes straight to zero, and increase other taxes to offset.

Citzen's United aside, corporations are not people. They don't buy luxuries or watch baseball games or eat at expensive restaurants. The money they make eventually go to real living breathing people who pay a tax on that money before using it. (To the extent that corporate executives might enjoy perks and figure out a way to have that tax-free, I'm sure we are smart enough to figure that minor little puzzle out)

petegz28
01-25-2012, 03:54 PM
To be perfectly honest, I would do that for the exact reason you've given. Seriously, along with state and local sales taxes I'd take corporate taxes straight to zero, and increase other taxes to offset.

Citzen's United aside, corporations are not people. They don't buy luxuries or watch baseball games or eat at expensive restaurants. The money they make eventually go to real living breathing people who pay a tax on that money before using it. (To the extent that corporate executives might enjoy perks and figure out a way to have that tax-free, I'm sure we are smart enough to figure that minor little puzzle out)

Actually corporations DO buy luxuries and all sorts of other things. They buy vehicles, food, supplies all the way to luxury boxes and suites at sporting complexes.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Actually corporations DO buy luxuries and all sorts of other things. They buy vehicles, food, supplies all the way to luxury boxes and suites at sporting complexes.

and that falls under my last sentence. I haven't seen a corporation drive a car or scream while holding up a #1 foam finger. Maybe it all shouldn't be taxed, either. Equipment necessary to do your job? Probably not. Premium "equipment" (luxury car) used on the job but of a much higher quality than necessary? Maybe. Pure perks that are basically compensation? Yes, if possible but not a deal-breaker if that is too difficult.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't you have an obvious and amateurish phony teleprompter picture to post? HCF can lend you one.The truth is a bitch, I am sorry if you can't handle it.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
If we really do get a Dem wave election, that lucky devil Leonard Boswell may survive again. The last 10 years he's been in a district that only slightly leans left and he's had a couple close calls. Now he's been redistricted into what looks to be a dead-even swing district based on demographics against a somewhat popular republican incumbent (Latham) in the only incumbent vs incumbent election in the entire country, the most difficult race of his career, except if it just happens to fall on a Dem wave election, Boswell could survive again and retire his opponent.

Calcountry
01-25-2012, 05:41 PM
If we really do get a Dem wave election, that lucky devil Leonard Boswell may survive again. The last 10 years he's been in a district that only slightly leans left and he's had a couple close calls. Now he's been redistricted into what looks to be a dead-even swing district based on demographics against a somewhat popular republican incumbent (Latham) in the only incumbent vs incumbent election in the entire country, the most difficult race of his career, except if it just happens to fall on a Dem wave election, Boswell could survive again and retire his opponent.I'm, dreamin, of a wave, E LEC TION, just like the one in '06. Sorry, Bing, I just had to.

boogblaster
01-25-2012, 05:47 PM
who cares .. it will be a long time before anything positive happens in the country again .. whoever is elected ......

Ugly Duck
01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
91 percent approve of Obama proposals

http://www.thegrio.com/assets_c/2012/01/obama-2012-state-of-the-union-4x3-thumb-400xauto-29248.jpg

President Barack Obama may not have many fans in the Republican party these days, but he is sitting pretty with the American public -- at least as far as his State of the Union speech from last night is concerned. A CBS News poll following the president's address showed 91 percent of Americans approved of Obama's proposals:

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/state-of-the-union-91-percent-approve-of-obama-proposals.php

Brock
01-25-2012, 06:10 PM

http://www.thegrio.com/assets_c/2012/01/obama-2012-state-of-the-union-4x3-thumb-400xauto-29248.jpg

President Barack Obama may not have many fans in the Republican party these days, but he is sitting pretty with the American public -- at least as far as his State of the Union speech from last night is concerned. A CBS News poll following the president's address showed 91 percent of Americans approved of Obama's proposals:

An overwhelming majority of Americans approved of the overall message in President Obama's State of the Union speech on Tuesday night, according to a CBS News poll of speech watchers.

According to the poll, which was conducted online by Knowledge Networks immediately after the president's address, 91 percent of those who watched the speech approved of the proposals Mr. Obama put forth during his remarks. Only nine percent disapproved.

http://www.thegrio.com/politics/state-of-the-union-91-percent-approve-of-obama-proposals.php

We WILL get fooled again!!

Ebolapox
01-25-2012, 06:27 PM

it's pretty smart, actually. hell, dumb the speech down; it plays right to our dumbass electorate.

Ugly Duck
01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Such a Castro like propaganda campaign speech....... "parasite Marxist base"!!

OK, ok. So you have a different opinion than 91% of your brethren do. You are a member of the teeny-weensy little 9% that don't agree with his proposals - that is your right & I will defend it. This is America. Say it with me.... God bless America! God bless the President of the United States!

patteeu
01-25-2012, 06:56 PM
OK, ok. So you have a different opinion than 91% of your brethren do. You are a member of the teeny-weensy little 9% that don't agree with his proposals - that is your right & I will defend it. This is America. Say it with me.... God bless America! God bless the President of the United States!

He's proved time and time again that his proposals don't have much to do with what he plans to do. Is he still fooling you?

Bill Parcells
01-25-2012, 06:59 PM
He's proved time and time again that his proposals don't have much to do with what he plans to do. Is he still fooling you?
He's from California, the broke corrupt/lunatic state that keeps reelecting Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein to forever infinity re-elections. how long have they both been in the senate? 20 years? and cookoo bird Pelosi is from there too. BUT ITS ALL ARNOLD'S FAULT!!! AND BUSH 1 AND 2!!!!!

Baby Lee
01-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Sullivan becomes harder and harder to figure out.

Now, post-SotU, he's on this jag that, regrettably, if Obama gets a second term, he could well be a progressive liberal socialist, . . . but this is ONLY because those crazy republicans cornered him into being such against his will.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 07:14 PM

Assuming that poll is not a fraud or hilariously flawed, they must have taken his proposals, re-worded them in more abstract language, and said nothing about who said it. (you'd have 25-30% automatically reaching for the disapprove button as soon as you say "Obama has proposed...")

alnorth
01-25-2012, 07:16 PM
He's from California, the broke corrupt/lunatic state that keeps reelecting Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein to forever infinity re-elections. how long have they both been in the senate? 20 years? and cookoo bird Pelosi is from there too. BUT ITS ALL ARNOLD'S FAULT!!! AND BUSH 1 AND 2!!!!!

In all fairness, Arnold was a hilariously terrible governor. I usually don't like the term RINO, and think its thrown around inaccurately and casually 95%+ of the time, but that guy truly was a Republican in name only.

alnorth
01-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Sullivan becomes harder and harder to figure out.

Now, post-SotU, he's on this jag that, regrettably, if Obama gets a second term, he could well be a progressive liberal socialist, . . . but this is ONLY because those crazy republicans cornered him into being such against his will.

There's more than just a kernel of truth in there. Obama was naive, tried to be bipartisan to a silly extreme, and was ready to give away half the Democrat store for a grand bargain last year. The tea party pretty much rescued the left by beating up on him to the point where now Obama's ready to say "all right, screw compromise, I have to destroy these guys. Time for full-blown GOP-only-loves-the-rich class warfare"

Bill Parcells
01-25-2012, 07:32 PM
In all fairness, Arnold was a hilariously terrible governor. I usually don't like the term RINO, and think its thrown around inaccurately and casually 95%+ of the time, but that guy truly was a Republican in name only.

True, but why would they re-elect Boxer and Feinstein? that was my point!!! they are just as bad!

alnorth
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
True, but why would they re-elect Boxer and Feinstein? that was my point!!! they are just as bad!

yep. CA voters generally seem to elect stupid people.

This wont make the news outside CA, which is too bad because his legacy ought to be tarnished, but Arnold commuted the sentence of some thug who killed a random innocent guy, literally as a favor to his friend who was the thug's dad, and shamelessly admitted it in an interview.

I'm never watching that dirtbag's movies again.

HonestChieffan
01-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Assuming that poll is not a fraud or hilariously flawed, they must have taken his proposals, re-worded them in more abstract language, and said nothing about who said it. (you'd have 25-30% automatically reaching for the disapprove button as soon as you say "Obama has proposed...")

Lowest TV rating SOTU speech he has given.....hard to believe these numbers with so many people more interested in swamp people than the O

petegz28
01-25-2012, 07:49 PM
yep. CA voters generally seem to elect stupid people.

And they wonder why their state is flat broke?

DaKCMan AP
01-26-2012, 05:58 AM
Ochocinco Finds a Way To Cheer Up Boehner
After noticing House Speaker John Boehner looking unhappy during President Barack Obama's State of the Union address Tuesday, Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco sent Boehner a message Wednesday morning to cheer him up. "Hello Mr. Boehner, hoping you are in better spirits today. If all else seems bad in life just remember I love you kind sir." The representative from Ohio's eighth district responded, "Thanks & good luck in the @SuperBowl we'll see you in the playoffs next year," Boehner posted. "Go #Bengals."

ROFL

vailpass
01-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I was an adamant opponent of obama's until I read this thread. Thatguy has represented himself and obama so well here that it has completely turned me around and convinced me to support the half-black Jimmy Carter.