PDA

View Full Version : Local Hey, It's Just a Joke!

gblowfish
01-25-2012, 09:07 AM
Hee hee hee....those right wingers are knee slapping hilarious! You know who would think this is a stitch? Gabby Giffords.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/jan/24/images-rifle-crosshairs-found-senators-office-door/

Images of rifle crosshairs found on senators' office doors
Capitol Police, Missouri State Highway Patrol are investigating.

By Rudi Keller

JEFFERSON CITY — Orange stickers with an image of rifle crosshairs were found Tuesday on the office doors of several Democratic state senators, prompting an investigation by Missouri Capitol Police, Senate Administrator Jim Howerton said.

“We are taking all the precautions we can,” Howerton said.

One similar sticker was found on the nameplate outside the door of state Rep. John Dieckhaus, R-Washington. He was the only Republican and the only House member who found one of the stickers.

The stickers were on the doors of all four Democratic women in the Senate — Jolie Justus and Kiki Curls, both of Kansas City, and Maria Chapelle-Nadal and Robin Wright-Jones, both of St. Louis, Justus said.

“If anyone thinks this was a prank, it is not a prank,” Justus said after discussing the discovery of the stickers on the Senate floor. “You don’t joke about someone’s personal safety.”

A sticker also was found on the door of Sen. Victor Callahan, D-Kansas City and the Democrats’ floor leader.

Two sizes of stickers were found, Justus said. There were smaller ones, about the size of a half-dollar. Two lawmakers removed them only to find larger stickers, about 4 or 5 inches in diameter, in their place, Justus said.

“We don’t have any explanation,” Justus said on the Senate floor. “Many of us when we came back to our office this afternoon had gun targets on our nameplates. A few of the senators removed them only to have them replaced by larger stickers later.”

Justus said Capitol Police and the Missouri State Highway Patrol had been contacted to conduct the investigation.

House Chief Clerk Adam Crumbliss said Capitol Police removed the nameplate from the fourth-floor office where a sticker was found on the House side. He did not name the lawmaker, but Dieckhaus' office was the only one missing a nameplate. House leadership had been told but rank-and-file members had not, Crumbliss said. “Frankly, we hope it is nothing more than” a prank.

Worry about targeting female politicians is heightened because of the recent anniversary of the shooting of Democratic U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Arizona. Giffords has been in the news lately because of that anniversary and her announcement that she would step down after attending tonight’s State of the Union speech in Washington.

“I just kind of joked about” the sticker “but put in perspective it could be a little more serious,” Dieckhaus said.

Crosshairs over pictures of Giffords in a political context have been cited as helping to incite the attack that left her critically wounded and killed six and wounded 12 others.

“I don’t think it is funny,” Justus said of Tuesday’s incident.

Sen. Kevin Engler, R-Farmington, said he thought the stickers were “disgusting. It is unacceptable in this body and this building. I hope whoever did this is caught so we can properly attribute this to him.”

There will be additional security in the Capitol Building while the investigation continues, Howerton said. “Until we know more or it goes away, we will take precautions,” he said.

Justus said she personally felt safe while in the building.

Reach Rudi Keller at 573-815-1709 or e-mail rkeller@columbiatribune.com.

Dave Lane
01-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Anyone seen HCF?

mikey23545
01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
Grow a sack, libs...

SNR
01-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Are we sure we know what Gabby Giffords would think of this? Or would she just stand around yammering, "No.... no.... no no.... no...."

See what I just did there? THAT'S a funny joke.

Baby Lee
01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Crosshairs over pictures of Giffords in a political context have been cited as helping to incite the attack that left her critically wounded and killed six and wounded 12 others.

Passive voice in journalism, like the most responsible form of journalism EVAR!!!

listopencil
01-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I want to know where to order those stickers.

listopencil
01-25-2012, 03:05 PM
http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/crosshairs1.jpg

listopencil
01-25-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.arktimes.com/binary/2844/1327509785-gun-target-stickers-found-mo-senate-and-house-offices.jpg

listopencil
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Closest I could find...

http://www.zazzle.com/the_crosshair_tshirt-235271128958961887

...was a T-shirt.