PDA

View Full Version : Poop More Bad News on the Food Front - No More Fetuses

jiveturkey
01-26-2012, 03:06 PM
The gubment is at it again and this time their taking away our right to eat fetuses. Son's-a-bitches! :evil:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/01/oklahoma-lawmaker-ban-fetuses-food.html

Oklahoma lawmaker wants to ban fetuses in food

Based on something he read online, an Oklahoma state senator has introduced a bill that would ban the use of aborted human fetuses in food.

Yes, you read that correctly.

No, he's never heard of any instances of this happening before, Sen. Ralph Shortey told the Associated Press.

But Shortey read that it might be happening, so he thought the bill would, at the very least, give any food companies toying with the idea an "ultimatum."

The legislation, known as SB 1418, is only a couple of paragraphs long. It states:

"No person or entity shall manufacture or knowingly sell food or any other product intended for human consumption which contains aborted human fetuses in the ingredients or which used aborted human fetuses in the research or development of any of the ingredients."

Shortey, a father of two who worked as an oil and gas production consultant, told the Associated Press that he found online evidence that some companies outside of Oklahoma use embryonic stem cells to develop artificial flavors.

Shortey did not respond to requests for comment Wednesday, but the Daily Oklahoman reported his motivation for the bill: "Shortey said he filed the bill after reading last fall that an anti-abortion group, Children of God for Life, had called on the public in March 2010 to boycott products of major food companies that partnered with a biotech company that produces artificial flavor enhancers, unless the company stopped using aborted fetal cells to test their products. The company has denied the allegation."

Federal food safety officials have never heard of such a thing. A U.S. Food and Drug Administration spokeswoman told the Associated Press that the agency has never gotten any reports of fetuses being used in food production.

Shortey, elected in 2010, has introduced a spat of controversial bills including denying Oklahoma citizenship to children of illegal immigrants born in the state. Another bill he wrote would have allowed police to confiscate the homes and cars of illegal immigrants. He also tried to advance a bill that would have required presidential candidates to provide proof of citizenship before being allowed on Oklahoma's primary ballot.

None of Shortey's controversial bills have become law.

As news began circulating of his latest legislative priority, the Twitterverse responded with disbelief and amusement.

One person wrote: "This may conflict with my dream of eating aborted fetus dumplings, but Sen Ralph Shortey is hilariously delusional."

Another: "Today in Oklahoma crazy: Sen. Ralph Shortey (R) proposes banning "human fetuses in food." Didn't know it was a thing."

Combing through all the tweets, finding one in support of the bill was as likely as finding fetus fries as a side order at your nearest fast-food joint.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-26-2012, 03:44 PM
Which foods are high in fetuses?

Chiefshrink
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
As it should be. We should not be allowed to eat children.

Fetus in latin means child btw:rolleyes:

orange
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Which foods are high in fetuses?

http://craphound.com/images/3028505485_744e5ab61e_o.jpg

orange
01-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry. Typo. That was "fetish."

ClevelandBronco
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
We can still use them in construction, right?

jiveturkey
01-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Which foods are high in fetuses?I believe that Chili's is known for a famous fetus dish. I've never tried it though.

I'm more partial to seared zygote.

AustinChief
01-26-2012, 04:25 PM
I believe that Chili's is known for a famous fetus dish. I've never tried it though.

I'm more partial to seared zygote.

Have you tried the Blastula Bites at Applebees? YUM!

dirk digler
01-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Do they taste like chicken?

BucEyedPea
01-26-2012, 04:39 PM
I see who the cannibals here are.

dirk digler
01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
I see who the cannibals here are.

I do like eating pussy

BucEyedPea
01-26-2012, 05:35 PM
I do like eating pussy

But you can't swallow that like you can an embryo or fetus. Ergo, you're not a cannibal.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Oklahoma lawmaker wants to stop Pepsi from using aborted fetus cells in soda flavoring research

Thursday, January 26, 2012 by: Ethan A. Huff, staff writer

(NaturalNews) In order to simulate various flavors in processed foods, some food manufacturers are actually using aborted fetal cells to test and produce these artificial chemical enhancers that millions of Americans consume every single day. Concerned about the ethical and moral implications of such a process, Oklahoma Senator Ralph Shortey has introduced new legislation to prohibit this practice from occurring in his home state.

Senomyx, a California-based biotechnology company that specializes in developing food flavorings, is one such company that uses aborted embryonic cells to create "isolated human taste receptors," which are used in the production of food chemicals. And this company has partnered with several major food manufacturers, including Kraft, PepsiCo, and Nestle (http://www.naturalnews.com/032043_human_fetal_cells_artificial_flavors.html).

"There is a potential that there are companies that are using aborted human babies in their research and development of basically enhancing flavor for artificial flavors," Sen. Shortey is quoted as saying by KRMG News Talk Radio. "What I am saying is that if it does happen then we are not going to allow it to manufacture here."

According to Children of God for Life (CGL), a pro-life watchdog group, Senomyx uses HEK 293 to produce its artificial flavor enhancing chemicals. HEK 293 is code for human embryonic kidney cells that are manipulated to produce taste receptors that express a specific protein known as the G protein. But CGL says the company could also use animal, insect, or other more acceptably-derived cells instead, and still procure the same results.

While aborted fetal cells are not necessarily in the final products made by PepsiCo, Kraft, or Nestle, such cells appear to needlessly play a part in the production of artificial flavor chemicals used by these companies. And since there are viable alternatives to this questionable practice, Sen. Shortey, CGL, and many others are calling for its end.

As we reported previously, the Campbell Soup company used to be a Senomyx partner until CGL contacted them about the fetal cell issue. Shortly thereafter, reports indicate that Campbell's officially cut ties with Senomyx, which in 2003 filed a patent for "recombinant (genetically modified) methods for expressing a functional sweet taste receptor."

Sources for this article include:

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/food-containing-fetuses-targeted-under-new-oklaho/nG7P7/

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-life-groups-call-for-pepsi-boycott-over-aborted-fetal-cell-lines/

http://www.naturalnews.com/032043_human_fetal_cells_artificial_flavors.html

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/01/20/145539661/state-bill-outlaws-use-of-fetuses-in-food-industry-meets-visceral-reaction

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/034777_Pepsi_aborted_fetus_cells_soda_flavoring.html#ixzz1kdGCpziQ

Pitt Gorilla
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Oklahoma is home to some of the most retarded people I have ever met. WTF is wrong with people in that state?

KILLER_CLOWN
01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Oklahoma is home to some of the most retarded people I have ever met. WTF is wrong with people in that state?

Wait..What?

listopencil
01-27-2012, 11:04 AM
But you can't swallow that like you can an embryo or fetus. Ergo, you're not a cannibal.

Evidently you aren't coming hard enough.

fan4ever
01-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Son of a Bitch!!! I just invested big bucks in a new company called "Soylent Green, Inc." Anyone heard of them? They were starting a new "baby food" division...