PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues Would this guy be in Gitmo if he were a Muslim?

Frankie
01-27-2012, 12:45 AM
This question was posed by the writer of another piece in reference to this:

Newspaper Editor: Israel Should Consider Assassinating Obama

Andrew Adler, the owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, a weekly newspaper serving Atlanta's Jewish community, devoted his January 13, 2012 column to the thorny problem of the U.S. and Israel's diverging views on the threat posed by Iran. Basically Israel has three options, he wrote: Strike Hezbollah and Hamas, strike Iran, or "order a hit" on Barack Obama. Either way, problem solved!
Here's how Adler laid out "option three" in his list of scenarios facing Israeli president Benjamin Netanyahu (the column, which was forwarded to us by a tipster, isn't online, but you can read a copy here):

Three, give the go-ahead for U.S.-based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place, and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies.

Yes, you read "three" correctly. Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel's existence. Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom Clancy-type scenario, don't you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel's most inner circles?

Another way of putting "three" in perspective goes something like this: How far would you go to save a nation comprised of seven million lives...Jews, Christians and Arabs alike?

You have got to believe, like I do, that all options are on the table.

It's hard to tell whether or not Adler is just some crank. But the Atlanta Jewish Times, which he purchased in 2009, appears to be a real community newspaper. It was founded in 1925 and, according to Wikipedia, claims a circulation of 3,500 and staff of five. To judge from its web site, it's a going concern.

A nervous Adler told me over the phone that he wasn't advocating Obama's assassination by Mossad agents. "Of course not," he said.

But do you think Israel should consider it an option? "No."

But do you believe that Israel is in fact considering the option in its most inner circles? "No. Actually, no. I was hoping to make clear that it's unspeakable—god forbid this would ever happen. I take it you're quoting me?"

Yes. "Oh, boy."

When I asked Adler why, if he didn't advocate assassination and didn't believe Israel was actually considering it, he wrote a column saying he believed that the option was "on the table," he asked for a minute to compose himself and call me back. He did a few moments later, and said, "I wrote it to see what kind of reaction I was going to get from readers."

And what was the reaction? "We've gotten a lot of calls and emails."

Nothing from the Secret Service, though. Yet.

UPDATE: Adler has told JTA that he "regrets" the column and plans to publish an apology. Oh, and the Secret Service says it will "make all appropriate, investigative follow-up in regard to this matter," according to ABC News.

http://gawker.com/5877892/newspaper-editor-israel-should-consider-assassinating-obama

(Didn't see it discussed here.)

KILLER_CLOWN
01-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Man I love having "Friends" like that.

dmahurin
01-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Might be the NDAA's first victim.

Bewbies
01-27-2012, 02:28 AM
Is GITMO for writers now? I thought we put dudes fighting in a war against us there? Of course I also thought Obama was gonna close it down ASAFP after the election...

This guy is an idiot, just like the idiot on CBS who did the 'snipers wanted' pic of Bush.

Direckshun
01-27-2012, 03:02 AM
Meh.

Being President means you can't have a sandy vagina over some stupid asshole in a Jewish paper nobody gives a shit about.

orange
01-27-2012, 03:14 AM
UPDATE: Adler has told JTA that he "regrets" the column and plans to publish an apology. Oh, and the Secret Service says it will "make all appropriate, investigative follow-up in regard to this matter," according to ABC News.

This is several days old, and the reaction was much more fitting than publishing an apology. He resigned and he's selling the paper. Reaction from the American Jewish community, as well as in Israel, was swift and decisive, and he's gone.

Now then - would the Muslim community have taken care of it that way if he were Muslim? Wouldn't you say that's a fair question?

p.s. You learn the darnedest things reading the HuffingtonPost. News, even.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/andrew-adler-atlanta-jewish-times-obama_n_1228538.html

Garcia Bronco
01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
I think the Secret Service should crawl all over him. If something were to happen to our President, then you put his arse in Gitmo.

suzzer99
01-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Obama hasn't sent any new people to Gitmo FWIW

ForeverChiefs58
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Gitmo is for enemy combatants that are actively plotting or waging violence against the US or our troops, not some idiot printing his stupid opinions.

Otherwise, we would have Gitmno full of people like Jason Whitlock.

There was a guy on the news the other day who had a picture of Obama in crosshairs on his facebook, and he said the Secret Service paid him a visit and interviewed him for a couple hours on his intentions. With the number of morons out there, I am sure the SS is working overtime with that type of stuff.

Direckshun
01-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Gitmo is for enemy combatants that have been alleged to be actively plotting or waging violence against the US or our troops, but not a single one has actually been convicted.

FYP

Frankie
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
This is several days old, and the reaction was much more fitting than publishing an apology. He resigned and he's selling the paper. Reaction from the American Jewish community, as well as in Israel, was swift and decisive, and he's gone.

Now then - would the Muslim community have taken care of it that way if he were Muslim? Wouldn't you say that's a fair question?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/andrew-adler-atlanta-jewish-times-obama_n_1228538.html

1- The question was not mine but from another Op-Ed piece on the subject. While that piece quickly drifted into a different discussion the title still posted the question. I think, in itself, it's a valid curiosity.

2- I'm well aware of the reaction from the Jewish community and respect it. In fact I had read the very link that you posted. But the devil's advocate in me also cannot dismiss the point that if Israel has historically engaged in covert operations and/or assassinations around the world (including the U.S.) they do not want some ideologue shmuck to draw attention to them. So what would they do? They'd disavow him just like that last sentence on the self-destructing tape Mr. Phelps always listened to.

3- The Muslim community is not under question here. Your bringing that up is only an attempt to deflect, and you are better than that. Leave that to the usual posters who keep bombarding this forum with those "Religion of Peace" threads. But to put you at ease, I would answer that if a Muslim writer proposed the assassination of a U.S. president, there WOULD be condemnation likewise from the community and leaders. Then I would of course take some of it with a grain of salt as well.

patteeu
01-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Is GITMO for writers now? I thought we put dudes fighting in a war against us there? Of course I also thought Obama was gonna close it down ASAFP after the election...

This guy is an idiot, just like the idiot on CBS who did the 'snipers wanted' pic of Bush.

If every Muslim who called for the death of a US President was in Gitmo, we'd have to invade Cuba so we could enlarge the facility to size of the entire island.

Frankie
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
If every Muslim who called for the death of a US President was in Gitmo, we'd have to invade Cuba so we could enlarge the facility to size of the entire island.

Link please.

patteeu
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Obama hasn't sent any new people to Gitmo FWIW

New people? You mean like babies?

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 12:51 PM

In other words, shut the fuck up, Frankie.

LOCOChief
01-27-2012, 01:06 PM
3- The Muslim community is not under question here.

Wrong Frankfurter , here in the US the muslim community is alway under question as it should be. You must not be from here or you would understand this.

But just think if it was a souless cat instead of a Jew or muslim that you met at a party and it broke in half in mid air?

Frankie
01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Wrong Frankfurter , here in the US the muslim community is alway under question as it should be. You must not be from here or you would understand this.

But just think if it was a souless cat instead of a Jew or muslim that you met at a party and it broke in half in mid air?

Just think if you had a brain that could see the big picture and not trapped in a pathetic tunnel vision.

And while you are at it, just think you weren't lame.

LOCOChief
01-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Just think if you had a brain that could see the big picture and not trapped in a pathetic tunnel vision.

And while you are at it, just think you weren't lame.

Aww I was just joking Frankie, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

I dont think if he were muslim he'd be in gitmo

But do you think if it was a muslim publication there would be a retraction?

orange
01-27-2012, 01:47 PM
1- The question was not mine but from another Op-Ed piece on the subject.

3- The Muslim community is not under question here. Your bringing that up is only an attempt to deflect, and you are better than that. Leave that to the usual posters who keep bombarding this forum with those "Religion of Peace" threads.

The question is yours - you posted it and you supported it. And it is preposterous and you are better than that. The Muslim community is certainly under question - it's a clear and obvious parallel. You ask it yourself - "... if he were a Muslim?" Well, I believe the answer is he would still be on the streets, still publishing, still supported by elements of the community, still selling his toxins and giving lectures. Please list any counter-examples of extremist Muslims who were run out of the Muslim community by community outrage. And the fact that this question is not coming from the usual suspects around here should open your eyes to this harsh truth - the Muslim community has let the sores fester.

2- I'm well aware of the reaction from the Jewish community and respect it. In fact I had read the very link that you posted. But the devil's advocate in me also cannot dismiss the point that if Israel has historically engaged in covert operations and/or assassinations around the world (including the U.S.) they do not want some ideologue shmuck to draw attention to them. So what would they do? They'd disavow him just like that last sentence on the self-destructing tape Mr. Phelps always listened to.

And have the devil's advocate in you stop peering through the "Elders of Zion" lens. This was ONE IDIOT - not the One World Government.

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 01:59 PM

BEP should be along shortly to take your Neocon butt to task.

blaise
01-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Seems weird for Frankie to say the Muslim community is not in question when he himself posted a entitled, "Would this guy be in Gitmo if he were a Muslim?"

ClevelandBronco
01-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I wonder if we would regard Frankie as a fucking moron if he were Jewish

ForeverChiefs58
01-27-2012, 03:26 PM
1- The question was not mine but from another Op-Ed piece on the subject. While that piece quickly drifted into a different discussion the title still posted the question. I think, in itself, it's a valid curiosity.

3- The Muslim community is not under question here. Your bringing that up is only an attempt to deflect, and you are better than that. Leave that to the usual posters who keep bombarding this forum with those "Religion of Peace" threads. But to put you at ease, I would answer that if a Muslim writer proposed the assassination of a U.S. president, there WOULD be condemnation likewise from the community and leaders. Then I would of course take some of it with a grain of salt as well.

So are you expecting the palestinian community to codemn the "more moderate" palestianian authority leaders publicly calling for genocide of Jews, and calling the killing of Jews by muslims as a religious islamic goal?

I am sure muslims everywhere rose up against this hate speech right?

I take it you are familiar with the the Hour of Resurrection, yes?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kDoV8ZL9Xkc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255221

HonestChieffan
01-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Maybe Frankie could convince the Israelis to get on board with honor killings or stoning this dude for having an opinion.

MUZAFFARGARH: Allah Bachaya has surrendered himself to Rohilanwali police after killing his sister in the name of honour but he is confident that he will be released in a matter of days.

Bachaya gave his arrest on Saturday after killing Alina in an axe attack for alleged loose morals.

He told The Express Tribune that he was certain his brother-in-law would withdraw the case as it was a matter of family’s honour. “I have killed her because she brought disgrace to the family’s name,” Bachaya said.

“She had become a nuisance. I feel no remorse over my actions. I am backed by the family. They were in favour of my decision to kill her,” he said.

Bachaya said Alina* had eloped more than once with [different] men from the neighbourhood. On Saturday, he said, she had returned home after spending three days with a man.

Alina, 25, was married to Muhammad Akhtar. The couple had three children

Frankie
01-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Can anyone on this board stay on topic? ROFL

patteeu
01-27-2012, 08:36 PM

Thread fail.

HonestChieffan
01-27-2012, 09:50 PM
I was cutting firewood today and got to thinking how pissed I get when people post things that have nothing to do with the thread

Direckshun
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dx32b5igLwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise
01-27-2012, 11:53 PM

The topic was that you posed a hypothetical. Someone else posed a hypothetical to you. There's nothing unreasonable about that.

Pioli Zombie
01-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Meh.

Being President means you can't have a sandy vagina over some stupid asshole in a Jewish paper nobody gives a shit about.

"I disagree"- JFK's head

Pioli Zombie
01-28-2012, 07:26 AM
I don't think about CP when im cutting firewood. Or pinching a loaf. Or grocery shopping. Or masturbating. Or driving. Or showering. Or talking. I think it would be odd to be actually doing something and then stop and think about CP. CP is the kind of thing I would hope you would only be thinking about when you were on it. Is this off topic enough? Mel Brooks is Jewish??????

Pioli Zombie
01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Frankie being Jewish I think gives him a different perspective on these matters than it would you and I. I think it adds to the dialogue to have a Jewish persons perspective on what's going on it the Middle East and I admire Frankie for being candid about his Jewish faith and how it affects him. Being a Jew, we should pay attention to his opinion with respect. His people have been through a lot, and I just want to say to him, Mozel Tov.

redsurfer11
01-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Can you prove that Israel is involved with all these assassinations? Or is this an assumption on your part? The Saudis have every reason to do them. They never get any blame. Why?

Radar Chief
01-28-2012, 09:54 AM

Maybe it would help if you posted something worth responding too.

beach tribe
01-28-2012, 11:56 PM
:facepalm:Link please.

Oh.....
My God.

beach tribe
01-28-2012, 11:59 PM

Is this seriously the guy who claims to have a 152 I.Q. or some ridiculous shit?

boogblaster
01-29-2012, 12:15 AM
yes there is jewish hit-squads and their favorite weapon is a 22 caliber shot several times above the knee-cap blowing up the main artery thus leaving you to bleed to death ......

go bowe
01-29-2012, 12:25 AM
yes there is jewish hit-squads and their favorite weapon is a 22 caliber shot several times above the knee-cap blowing up the main artery thus leaving you to bleed to death ......

lately, they've become enamored of bombs that can be attached magnetically to a car...

that 22 cal stuff is just a myth... :p

mikey23545
01-29-2012, 09:54 AM

Where did you read that? The Jihadist Enquirer?

go bowe
01-29-2012, 12:01 PM
ahem...

your sarcasm meter needs your attention...