PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney and Medicare fraud

Chocolate Hog
01-28-2012, 07:04 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/the-story-behind-romney-medicare-fraud-and-the-latest-superpac-movie/

It all stems from Damon Corp., a medical-testing company run by Romney and Bain in the 1990s, which was caught in a widespread federal investigation into Medicare fraud at lab companies.

In 1989, Bain took over Damon Corp., then based in Massachusetts, and Romney sat on Damon’s board from 1990 until 1993, when Bain sold the company to Corning Inc.

During Romney’s tenure at Damon, the company allegedly defrauded Medicare for millions of dollars by offering packages of blood tests that resulted in doctors ordering unnecessary lab-work, paid for by Medicare. Damon offered suites of blood tests that, in some cases, were unrelated. Doctors could order Damon’s lab-work in these packages–but Damon did not inform those doctors that it would bill Medicare for the superfluous tests included in the packages.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I've been told Romney cares about us.

whoman69
01-28-2012, 07:23 PM
I've been told Romney cares about us.

Why not. He'll say anything else.

go bowe
01-28-2012, 07:34 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/the-story-behind-romney-medicare-fraud-and-the-latest-superpac-movie/

It all stems from Damon Corp., a medical-testing company run by Romney and Bain in the 1990s, which was caught in a widespread federal investigation into Medicare fraud at lab companies.

In 1989, Bain took over Damon Corp., then based in Massachusetts, and Romney sat on Damon’s board from 1990 until 1993, when Bain sold the company to Corning Inc.

During Romney’s tenure at Damon, the company allegedly defrauded Medicare for millions of dollars by offering packages of blood tests that resulted in doctors ordering unnecessary lab-work, paid for by Medicare. Damon offered suites of blood tests that, in some cases, were unrelated. Doctors could order Damon’s lab-work in these packages–but Damon did not inform those doctors that it would bill Medicare for the superfluous tests included in the packages.

i'm not a romney supporter but this deal of him being on the board of some company that ran a good scheme to make money off medicare is way overblown...

people on the bd of dir's of companies don't have knowledge of all of the company's activities, that's what management is for...

there's zero chance the bd of dirs knew anything about the fraud scheme...

and there's zero reason this should be an issue other than it's easy to make charges that don't have to be backed up with anything resembling reasoned thought or *gasp* facts...

the only solution is...

ron paul for president!!!

Bump
01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
that's our next president folks

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 07:38 PM
i'm not a romney supporter but this deal of him being on the board of some company that ran a good scheme to make money off medicare is way overblown...

people on the bd of dir's of companies don't have knowledge of all of the company's activities, that's what management is for...

and there's zero reason this should be an issue other than it's easy to make charges that don't have to be backed up with anything resembling reasoned thought or *gasp* facts...

the only solution is...

BO says : how's that iscariot silver treating you?

Chocolate Hog
01-28-2012, 07:39 PM

the only solution is...

Confronted over it in 2002, Romney told media he “blew the whistle” on Damon’s fraudulent Medicare activity when he found out about it. And he did–to some extent.

“We put in place a program to stop that immediately,” Romney told reporters on Oct. 9, 2002, according to a Boston Globe account. “That’s how you blow the whistle.”

Romney’s present critics are quick to point out that U.S. attorneys didn’t see it that way. Damon’s prosecutors credited Corning, not Romney or Bain, with discovering and ferreting out the alleged fraud.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 07:43 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gADVJDW7WTw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gADVJDW7WTw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

HonestChieffan
01-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Romney invented fraud. You saw it here first.

Der Flöprer
01-28-2012, 07:51 PM
that's our next president folks

no, it's not.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Romney invented fraud. You saw it here first.

Absolutely not, he's just doing his part to perfect it.

go bowe
01-28-2012, 08:07 PM
BO says : how's that iscariot silver treating you?

ouch...

i'm so full of dinner that laughing out loud like that hurt my poor distended belly...

AND ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

FD
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Seems like a stretch.

go bowe
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
no, it's not.

this...

i don't think i can bring myself to vote for romney or too cute newt...

go ron paul!!!

KILLER_CLOWN
01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
this...

go ron paul!!!

I ain't votin' for no racist varmint!

Bump
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
this...

go ron paul!!!

if 100% of the nation voted for Ron Paul, he still wouldn't get elected. He's not corrupted by money at least not that I can see, so he has ZERO chance.