PDA

View Full Version : Elections Romney/Trump vs. Obama/Buffet

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:22 PM
So today the big news is The Donald endorsed Romney. Now of course it's being spun by the MSM that it doesn't look good for Romney because you have a rich guy endorsing a rich guy. Particularly in light of Romney's recent comments on the poor.

Ok, fair enough.

But to be objective on it how is Trump endorsing Romney any different from Buffet pimping Obama all the time?

I am not saying Romney is the answer or who I want to win but JFC, if I were in his camp the first thing I would be pointing out to the people on the Left who are quick to point out that you have a rich guy endorsing a rich guy for Repub President is that you have one of the richest guys in the world pimping Obama, so what's the fucking dif?

Terrible tactic for the Left to take and even worse tactic for the Right to not point out the hypocrisy of the accusation.

|Zach|
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Maybe they didn't think about considering nobody would be dumb enough to attempt to equate Trump and Buffet.

Before this thread was made at least.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Maybe they didn't think about considering nobody would be dumb enough to attempt to equate Trump and Buffet.

Heh. And that's just for starters. Talk about out of touch....holy crap. LMAO

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:28 PM

Why is being a moron not something you need to make a great effort at doing?

La literatura
02-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Trump's endorsement is a badge of embarrassment.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Heh. And that's just for starters. Talk about out of touch....holy crap. LMAO

Ah so I get it..

Rich guy L endorses rich President L = nothing to see here

Rich guy R endorses rich Candidate R = bad because a rich guy endorsed a rich guy

WTF was I thinking?

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Why is being a moron not something you need to make a great effort at doing?

OMG....priceless irony beyond the pale. LMAO

Ah so I get it..

Rich guy R endorses rich Candidate R = bad because a rich guy endorsed a rich guy

WTF was I thinking?

If you can't see the huge distinctions between Trump and Buffet, beyond them both being "rich"....there's no helping you. There've been times where you've offered an occasionally coherent and cogent thought. THIS isn't one of them. Heh ROFL

petegz28
Trump's endorsement is a badge of embarrassment.

That may be, and personaly I would tend to agree to a point but I hardly think the tact of pointing out a rich guy endorsed a rich guy is viable considering Obama has Buffet.

|Zach|
Ah so I get it..

WTF was I thinking?

They are both white as well. Trying to equate the two men based on that is just as stupid.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:33 PM
OMG....priceless irony beyond the pale. LMAO

Yes, I know I should have cut and paste the same for you. Don't worry, you aren't left out of the notion.

|Zach|
02-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Poor Pete after being offended by certain things for about a month and then forgetting about them he is left with grasping at straws to get worked up about something. I remember fondly the days when he got all up in arms waiving his arms around in regards to the TSA stuff. Believing the hype that people were going to clog airports in protest. He must have found something else that is shiny.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Poor Pete after being offended by certain things for about a month and then forgetting about them he is left with grasping at straws to get worked up about something. I remember fondly the days when he got all up in arms waiving his arms around in regards to the TSA stuff. Believing the hype that people were going to clog airports in protest. He must have found something else that is shiny.

You're boyfirend dumped you, didn't he?

SNR
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Trump's a "rich" man, sure.

He's also screwed himself over and gone bankrupt more times than I've masturbated in my life

Deberg_1990
02-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Romney need to find some poor guys to endorse him for more street cred.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM

He's also screwed himself over and gone bankrupt more times than I've masturbated in my life

Understand but I think for the point of the argument some are trying to make the former is being focused on rather than the latter.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Romney need to find some poor guys to endorse him for more street cred.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe his wife should go pitch to the Hollywood elite????

dirk digler
02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
meh..I don't think it matters..

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 05:46 PM

As vile as some of us find most of Hollywood, the top 1% (especially guys like Trump) have astonishingly surpassed them during the last 5-10 yrs with their "let them eat cake" and "screw them, I've got mine!" contempt for the middle and working classes in this country.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
As vile as some of us find most of Hollywood, the top 1% (especially guys like Trump) have astonishingly surpassed them during the last 5-10 yrs with their "let them eat cake" contempt for the middle and working classes in this country.

:LOL:

Yeah, those ****ers in Hollywood these days sure are ****ing broke. That's why it costs $50 just for 2 people to go to a movie and have a popcorn and soda. :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
:LOL:

Yeah, those ****ers in Hollywood these days sure are ****ing broke. That's why it costs $50 just for 2 people to go to a movie and have a popcorn and soda. :rolleyes:

What part of "As vile as some of us find most of Hollywood..." doesn't your brain understand?

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:51 PM
What part of "As vile as some of us find most of Hollywood..." doesn't your brain understand?

It was your secondary comment that somehow tries to imply that they really aren't that rich or anything.

dirk digler
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM

What is the difference between Michelle doing that and Laura fundraising with rich oil people?

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:55 PM
What is the difference between Michelle doing that and Laura fundraising with rich oil people?

A, it was a joke. B, I see no difference. C, my point is I think it's bunk for one side to point out association with rich people while they do the same themselves, just with other rich people.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
It was your secondary comment that somehow tries to imply that they really aren't that rich or anything.

Group "B" is a subset of group "A"....in no way does that even come close to negating comparisons of relative merit or demerit between the two groups. Both groups suck eggs; however, group A sucks eggs even worse--exponentially worse, relatively speaking, than group B.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Group "B" is a subset of group "A"....in no way does that even come close to negating comparisons of relative merit or demerit between the two groups.

That's not what you implied but okay

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
That's not what you implied but okay

Both groups suck eggs; however, group A sucks eggs even worse--exponentially worse, relatively speaking, than group B. It ain't rocket science.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Both groups suck eggs; however, group A sucks eggs even worse--exponentially worse, relatively speaking, than group B. It ain't rocket science.

That's an awful attempt at trying to identify some type of differentiation. I mean that's like saying a shit sandwich tastes like shit but at least this guy has some corn in his.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
That's an awful attempt at trying to identify some type of differentiation. I mean that's like saying a shit sandwich tastes like shit but at least this guy has some corn in his.

Not at all. You don't get it exactly, but it's progress I suppose. Heh. It's more like...the vast majority of politicians suck shit; but right now, the Republican party sucks shit much more--by a wide margin.

Either way we are stuck with shitty politicians....but the reasonable among us realize that choosing between the lesser of two shitty choices is the best we are gonna get under the "system"-- at least until the rest of the working and middle class in this country wakes up, and demands their country back from the plutocrats and the 1% types that have taken it over during the last decade or so.

BucEyedPea
02-02-2012, 06:12 PM

Trumped has definitely gamed the system. So has the Bolshevik Billionaire Buffet.

petegz28
02-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Not at all. You don't get it exactly, but it's progress I suppose. Heh. It's more like...the vast majority of politicians suck shit; but right now, the Republican party sucks shit much more--by a wide margin.

Either way we are stuck with shitty politicians....but the reasonable among us realize that choosing between the lesser of two shitty choices is the best we are gonna get under the "system"-- at least until the rest of the working and middle class in this country wakes up, and demands their country back from the plutocrats and the 1% types that have taken it over during the last decade or so.

Dude, are you fucking high? BOTH parties are smoking different pipes from the same hukah.

bandwagonjumper
02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Trump never was and never will be in Buffet's league. Its like saying Matt Cassel is a qb and as good as Tom Brady.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Trump is a Democrat!

Mr. Kotter
02-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Trump is a Democrat!

Trump is a Douche-a-crat-publican. In other words, a complete moron.

|Zach|
02-05-2012, 03:16 AM
Hey remember that time someone compared Donald Trump to Warren Buffet to try and make a point?

Golden days of our lives right there.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Trump is a Douche-a-crat-publican. In other words, a complete moron.

Agreed, over the years he has been a big Democrat donor. I don't think he cares as long as he can get his mug out there.

|Zach|
02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Bump for Friday evening hilarity.

go bowe
02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Bump for Friday evening hilarity.

ok, you start...

|Zach|
02-10-2012, 05:38 PM
ok, you start...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255767