PDA

View Full Version : Not many OTs in Free Agency

ChiefsandO'sfan
02-07-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/ol.html

evansilva Evan Silva
RE: tackle-needy teams at top of draft. In free agency there is unreliable Jared Gaither & Demetrius Bell. Then basically nothing else.

Nothing out there in free agency..

Direckshun
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I'd take Bell for the RT spot, but I'm pretty sure he'll command a bigger paycheck that he deserves.

I suspect Pioli will try to trade down -- even if he moves down four spots, the Chiefs' options are fantastic.

If he cannot move down, I think a tackle is probably the best bet (assuming we still have Brandon Carr, in which case I'd be on the Kirkpatrick train).

While I don't like spending a 1st on a right tackle, that right tackle could potentially be our left tackle if Branden Albert flips out and wants endless piles of cash for his next contract. It'd be a smart insurance pick at a position we really need talent at, and it's better to draft a tackle that high instead of a guard or running back. Even if it's a right tackle.

BigChiefFan
02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
No way should we pick at RT with our top pick, without trading down first.

jd1020
02-07-2012, 06:47 PM
No way should we pick at RT with our top pick, without trading down first.

And why not?

Unless both Reiff and Martin are gone by the time we come up to bat, what better choice is there?

Richardson is likely gone by then. Then all you are looking at is a marginal upgrade at ILB, reaching for a C, or taking DeCastro.

It's easy to say "trade down" but who the hell is going to want to trade up for anyone but Richardson?

aturnis
02-07-2012, 08:07 PM
And why not?

Unless both Reiff and Martin are gone by the time we come up to bat, what better choice is there?

Richardson is likely gone by then. Then all you are looking at is a marginal upgrade at ILB, reaching for a C, or taking DeCastro.

It's easy to say "trade down" but who the hell is going to want to trade up for anyone but Richardson?

Someone MIGHT take Richardson before us. It's unlikely though.

Also, nobody is trading up for Richardson. Not with us anyway. I love how you guys rant and rave about how RB is not a pick of value at #12, then turn around and tell us how someones going to trade up to grab him.

jd1020
02-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Someone MIGHT take Richardson before us. It's unlikely though.

Also, nobody is trading up for Richardson. Not with us anyway. I love how you guys rant and rave about how RB is not a pick of value at #12, then turn around and tell us how someones going to trade up to grab him.

It's unlikely someone picks a guy who's on everyones top 5 before at least 11th?

Richardson isn't a value pick for us because we already have Charles...

O.city
02-07-2012, 08:14 PM
We are extremely thin at RB, but I agree one can be picked up later in the draft.

However, if Richardson is an AP type prospect and slips to 12 I'd think about taking him.

Urc Burry
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
They just said Marcus McNeil is likely to be cut :shrug:

htismaqe
02-08-2012, 06:23 AM
It's unlikely someone picks a guy who's on everyones top 5 before at least 11th?

Richardson isn't a value pick for us because we already have Charles...

Richardson is probably headed to Tampa...

BigChiefFan
02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
And why not?

It's easy to say "trade down" but who the hell is going to want to trade up for anyone but Richardson?I just think there's too many quality OTs in the draft to be spending a first rounder on one.

I like Tony Bergstrom from Utah a little later in the draft-he should be there in the 4th round for us.

He's played RIGHT TACKLE for the majority of his career. Oh and he didn't give up a sack last year.

The past two seasons he's been the starter at RT.

He should be an immediate starter and we can get him in the forth round.

Pestilence
02-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Bobby Massie in the 3rd round.

BigChiefFan
02-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Massie's a pretty good prospect, but I think we can get Bergstrom in the 4th round.

milkman
02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd sign Bell if he actually hits the market.

Saccopoo
02-10-2012, 02:30 AM
Massie's a pretty good prospect, but I think we can get Bergstrom in the 4th round.

As I've stated earlier, watch the Ole Miss/BYU game and then the BYU/Utah game.

You can watch Matt Reynolds, Bobbie Massie, Tony Bergstrom and Bradley Sowell in those games.

Go watch them and then tell me who the best lineman in those games is.