PDA

View Full Version : Elections where have all the paulistas gone?

go bowe
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
ron paul finishes second in minn, beating romney and g-rich...

c'mon, where's the congratulatory thread?

Taco John
02-08-2012, 12:03 AM
huh?

SNR
02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
Our customer service surveys show that those kind of threads are not valuable compared to the broad scope of intellectual material we can provide. A decision was reached recently that will cease the production of new celebratory threads.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this corporate decision might have caused you. Your input and satisfaction are important to us.

go bowe
02-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Our customer service surveys show that those kind of threads aren't valuable compared to the broad scope of intellectual material we can provide.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this corporate decision might have caused you. Your input and satisfaction are important to us.

well shit then, never mind... 4321

go bowe
02-08-2012, 12:09 AM
huh?

didn't ron paul win second place in minn tonight, or is al jazeera lying to me?

i would take that as a great victory and want to proclaim it to the world...

where are you guys?

why aren't you whooping it up?

i know i am impressed with his showing there, very impressed...

Taco John
02-08-2012, 12:19 AM
didn't ron paul win second place in minn tonight, or is al jazeera lying to me?

i would take that as a great victory and want to proclaim it to the world...

where are you guys?

why aren't you whooping it up?

i know i am impressed with his showing there, very impressed...

I have been reading the reports from the various Paul forums. Lots of stories about Paul delegates getting elected after the Santorum supporters went home. From what I'm reading, Paul and Romney had the best organizations at these events and despite the vote totals, walked away with the most delegates.

Hard to whoop that up though because it's all anecdotal. I'd rather stay on an even keel and let things unfold.

Jawshco
02-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Pailistas? That's funny. I thought it was Paulites. Oh, well. I support Paul, but I'm also a realist. The longer Newt & Santorum are both in the race getting parts of the "not Romney" vote, the less likely it will be that Paul will able to anything more than influence the stances of the other candidates & politicians. Which is still a good thing, but as much as I hate to say this... If this is a 3 man race, I think I'll have to vote Romney. I can't stomach Newt and Santorum is a extremist with big Goverment ideas. It really doesn't bode well for the GOP that Romney is the best candidate of that group, but that's reality, IMO...

Dave Lane
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM

DementedLogic
02-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Newt and Rick are good for Paul. Paul needs the convention to be brokered and Newt and Rick are helping to make that happen.

wazu
02-08-2012, 01:04 PM

That picture pretty much sums up my thoughts on Santorum winning Missouri.

Jawshco
02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Newt and Rick are good for Paul. Paul needs the convention to be brokered and Newt and Rick are helping to make that happen.

IDK... That sounds like a pretty shaky strategy to me. I've heard others mentioning this as well, and I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. I think 2 man, Romney v Paul race would be much better for Paul. Or at least having Santorum drop would be helpful, IMO, but these wins for the Grinch and Santorum won't let that happen.

Cave Johnson
02-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Raptured to an alternate America where we never went off the gold standard, prolly.

orange
02-08-2012, 01:58 PM
IDK... That sounds like a pretty shaky strategy to me. I've heard others mentioning this as well, and I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. I think 2 man, Romney v Paul race would be much better for Paul. Or at least having Santorum drop would be helpful, IMO, but these wins for the Grinch and Santorum won't let that happen.

http://boingboing.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Do-You-Believe-in-Ninjas-Kirkbride-D-J-9781894953764.jpg

[edit] found a little-known picture of Dr. Paul

http://myninjaplease.com/wp-content/uploads/images/doctorninja.png

KILLER_CLOWN
02-09-2012, 07:25 AM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51vKwC8EryE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51vKwC8EryE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>