PDA

View Full Version : General Politics The "weigh in on Austinchief vs Orange" thread

Pages : [1] 2

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:28 PM
So.. in the course of a political discussion on another thread... Orange called me a liar and claimed I pulled a number out of my ass. (The number was that you could get oral contraceptive birth control for $15/month)

I showed him that in FACT it is a number from the Planned Parenthood website and truth be told, you can get different generics at Walgreens for $12/month and even $9/month at Walmart and Target.

I have no problem with being called names and told I'm an idiot in this forum. It's par for the course. I even have no issue being called a liar. BUT if you call me out and I show you up.. I expect you to admit the mistake and attack me for being a douche or whatever.

Which brings me to the point. What do you the general populace of DC feel about it?

Bewbies
02-11-2012, 04:30 PM
Orange can spin fast enough he could be Obama's press sec?

La literatura
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Unwarranted mod abuse; on one of the higher quality posters in this forum, it's sad.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Unwarranted mod abuse.

Unwarranted??? He called me a liar and wouldn't admit to being wrong about it.. instead trying to change the subject. I wasn't going to let him weasel out of it. Period. If he wants to make accusations like that about me.. he needs to be a man and admit when he was FACTUALLY wrong. It's not a political opinion at that point.

La literatura
02-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Unwarranted??? He called me a liar and wouldn't admit to being wrong about it.. instead trying to change the subject. I wasn't going to let him weasel out of it. Period. If he wants to make accusations like that about me.. he needs to be a man and admit when he was FACTUALLY wrong. It's not a political opinion at that point.

I've shown people were wrong in numerous debates around here, and they don't own up to it. We have no recourse but to leave it up to others to decide when a person is lying or not. If it's apparent, it's apparent; and no need to use powers to disrupt the person's subsequent posts.

mikey23545
02-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Unwarranted mod abuse; on one of the higher quality posters in this forum, it's sad.

Have you even read the posts in question, you retarded little weasel?

Donger
02-11-2012, 04:39 PM
So.. in the course of a political discussion on another thread... Orange called me a liar and claimed I pulled a number out of my ass. (The number was that you could get oral contraceptive birth control for $15/month)

I showed him that in FACT it is a number from the Planned Parenthood website and truth be told, you can get different generics at Walgreens for $12/month and even $9/month at Walmart and Target.

I have no problem with being called names and told I'm an idiot in this forum. It's par for the course. I even have no issue being called a liar. BUT if you call me out and I show you up.. I expect you to admit the mistake and attack me for being a douche or whatever.

Which brings me to the point. What do you the general populace of DC feel about it?

Perhaps you could link to the thread in question?

La literatura
02-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Have you even read the posts in question, you retarded little weasel?

Yes. It was a minor scuffle, at best.

AustinChief

I just saw your edit.

You know what is sad? When a supposedly grown man can't admit to being wrong. After giving him numerous chances to, he proved to NOT be a quality poster.

I don't know him in real life, but his internet persona has proven itself to be a craven with absolutely no quality.

So, you don't think I should have fucked with him .. fine, fair enough. BUT do you think he should have admitted to being wrong about his accusation of me pulling the # out of my ass?

mikey23545
Orange can spin fast enough he could be Obama's press sec?

If he spins any faster he'll be able to go back in time and delete his posts before anyone can read them.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:43 PM
I've shown people were wrong in numerous debates around here, and they don't own up to it. We have no recourse but to leave it up to others to decide when a person is lying or not. If it's apparent, it's apparent; and no need to use powers to disrupt the person's subsequent posts.

Ok, see now that is a different story. That means it may have been warranted.. but it was unjust because I have special powers.

Hell yeah it was!

It wasn't about showing someone wrong in a debate. That is totally different. This is about making a completely FALSE statement that also accused me of lying. I think that is clearly different... but yes, you are right, you have no recourse. I do!

mikey23545
AustinChief, I do not always agree with you politically, but you have Orange's ass nailed to the wall on this.

You shouldn't allow his lying ass back until he makes a formal apology addressed to you on the Lounge page.

La literatura
I just saw your edit.

You know what is sad? When a supposedly grown man can't admit to being wrong. After giving him numerous chances to, he proved to NOT be a quality poster.

I don't know him in real life, but his internet persona has proven itself to be a craven with absolutely no quality.

So, you don't think I should have fucked with him .. fine, fair enough. BUT do you think he should have admitted to being wrong about his accusation of me pulling the # out of my ass?

You admitted in that thread itself that you don't spend much time in DC. Orange has proven himself a quality poster throughout his time here. Should a person admit they were wrong? Absolutely. Should you tarnish his posting privileges because he does not? No, unless, perhaps, it is habitual and spans time and topic.

mikey23545
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
Yes. It was a minor scuffle, at best.

Are you one of Orange's familiars?

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 04:45 PM
You admitted in that thread itself that you don't spend much time in DC. Orange has proven himself a quality poster throughout his time here. Should a person admit they were wrong? Absolutely. Should you tarnish his posting privileges because he does not? No, unless, perhaps, it is habitual and spans time and topic.

You've been here three months. how would you know how much of a quality poster Orange has been? LMAO

Donger
02-11-2012, 04:46 PM
You've been here three months. how would you know how much of a quality poster Orange has been? LMAO

He's Jenson.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I think it's hilarious that Austin has initiated all these stringent new rules on the board, but lets all of his new moderators continue the kind of mod abuse that was going on when there were no rules on the board. absolutely hilarious.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:48 PM

This is a fairly reasonable stance. But I am beyond tired of people not owning up and his recent actions were the proverbial straw.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 04:49 PM
He's Jenson.

ROFL

A mult?

Orange is one of the absolute worst posters in this forum. good ole Jenson

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I think it's hilarious that Austin has initiated all these stringent new rules on the board, but lets all of his new moderators continue the kind of mod abuse that was going on when there were no rules on the board. absolutely hilarious.

This isn't a rule.. this is just me pissed at Orange.

..and hey, what new rules have I initiated? The only "rule" is the filter evasion thing (which is an old rule that just wasn't enforced) and that has more to do with the work it took originally to get all that in place and it pisses me off when people go around it on a board that doesn't censor. How hard is it to type duck instead of dVck? If there are other rules you are referencing, let me know cuz I didn't initiate any.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:51 PM
AustinChief, I do not always agree with you politically, but you have Orange's ass nailed to the wall on this.

You shouldn't allow his lying ass back until he makes a formal apology addressed to you on the Lounge page.

I don't want an apology. I just want him to admit he was wrong for saying I pulled the number out of my ass. That's it.

La literatura
02-11-2012, 04:53 PM
This is a fairly reasonable stance. But I am beyond tired of people not owning up and his recent actions were the proverbial straw.

Whatever "recent actions" are, however vague and arguable that is, it's completely inequitable to place upon one person the burden of consequence. Especially in a sub-forum that by its own measures is: "Where we revolt against the first amendment and combine the most divisive of subjects church and state. Enter and participate at your own peril. This forum is lightly moderated." Your action, and your justification of the action, is the mark of high moderation to the point of abuse.

FAX
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm on your side, Mr. AustinChief.

I hate Mr. orange. I wish I'd never met Mr. orange. And, to be honest, I never have and probably never will. But, I can damn sure never eat another orange for as long as I live. From now on, it's grapefruit or nothing. Well ... maybe tangerines. Or those other deals that come in the wooden boxes around Christmastime. Heck, I'll bet Mr. orange doesn't even like Christmas. Probably thinks Santa Claus is a big, fat liar, too. I hope an evergreen tree falls and lands on Mr. orange's head. Unless he's a lumberjack and a dues-paying member of the lumberjack union, in which case he would probably receive tons of workman's compensation and other government benefits that non-union lumberjacks can only dream of. I'm telling you, Paul Bunyan and Babe Ruth are rolling over in their respective graves.

FAX

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Whatever "recent actions" are, however vague and arguable that is, it's completely inequitable to place upon one person the burden of consequence. Especially in a sub-forum that by its own measures is: "Where we revolt against the first amendment and combine the most divisive of subjects church and state. Enter and participate at your own peril. This forum is lightly moderated."

I agree that he got singled out and that isn't fair. I disagree that he didn't deserve it for his actions.

Just to be clear, he isn't banned. I just trolled him by deleting 3(I think it was 3) of his posts and replacing them with [DELETED until Orange mans up]

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
This isn't a rule.. this is just me pissed at Orange.

..and hey, what new rules have I initiated? The only "rule" is the filter evasion thing (which is an old rule that just wasn't enforced) and that has more to do with the work it took originally to get all that in place and it pisses me off when people go around it on a board that doesn't censor. How hard is it to type duck instead of dVck? If there are other rules you are referencing, let me know cuz I didn't initiate any.

I see some of the new mods abusing their powers with unrequested name changes and rep bottoming out of several posters. then cry in threads that posters should follow the rules or else. LMAO

I personally dont give a shit. I just think it's funny that 1) you have no clue about it. and 2) the new mods really dont think they're doing anything wrong.

La literatura
02-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I agree that he got singled out and that isn't fair. I disagree that he didn't deserve it for his actions.

Just to be clear, he isn't banned. I just trolled him by deleting 3(I think it was 3) of his posts and replacing them with [DELETED until Orange mans up]

And you did, or threatened to, take away his ability to control his own signature. And your deletion/modification of his posts stopped because he stopped posting, not because you stopped deleting or modifying them.

Donger
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Enter and participate at your own peril.

Sounds like orange found out what this means, to me.

I actually like orange, although I pretty much disagree with him all the time politically. But, after reading that thread, I seems pretty clear that he challenged Austinchief to provide proof of the cost of BC, was provided it, and then chose not to issue a mea culpa. He should, IMO. If he's one of those people who are incapable of admitting when they are wrong, that's a shame.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I see some of the new mods abusing their powers with unrequested name changes and rep bottoming out of several posters. then cry in threads that posters should follow the rules or else. LMAO

I personally dont give a shit. I just think it's funny that 1) you have no clue about it. and 2) the new mods really dont think they're doing anything wrong.

That's pretty much par for the course.. the only time I get involved (usually) is when there is a big blow up type of issue or dissent among the mods(extremely rare). BUT I am always available by PM if people see a problem.. of course, you admitted it doesn't bother you.. I'm betting many feel the same way.

Oh and as to the name changes, those are almost always a joke.. I can't remember a time it really pissed anyone off.. but then again I don't pay too much attention.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 05:00 PM

You think that's fair? I can't stand Orange, but you just abused your admin powers.

How do you expect people here to follow the rules when you cant?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:01 PM
And you did, or threatened to, take away his ability to control his own signature. And your deletion/modification of his posts stopped because he stopped posting, not because you stopped deleting or modifying them.

Yes I forgot.. I also took away his sig privileges! Which was awesome.

I never said they stopped.. I just said he wasn't banned and I modified 3 of his posts.. I left a few others alone... but yes if he had continued to try to change the subject I was probably going to keep modifying.. until I got bored or busy or headed out...

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM
You think that's fair? I can't stand Orange, but you just abused your admin powers.

How do you expect people here to follow the rules when you cant?

I freely admit I abused my powers. I also said it wasn't FAIR but he deserved it. AND I did so for the greater good... I would assume Orange would be proud of me.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM

I actually like orange, although I pretty much disagree with him all the time politically. But, after reading that thread, I seems pretty clear that he challenged Austinchief to provide proof of the cost of BC, was provided it, and then chose not to issue a mea culpa. He should, IMO. If he's one of those people who are incapable of admitting when they are wrong, that's a shame.

You didn't get to read my big post - which included me saying he was right about the $15 but wrong about everything else including a MULTITUDE of his lies. And promises that he never backed up.

Because he deleted it like the coward that he is.

Watch him delete this one.

HonestChieffan
02-11-2012, 05:04 PM
AC, you handled it well. Orange can swing from really good to being a raving loon.

One of the issues you get used to here is the incredible speed that subjects become deflected, the original posts points ignored and a series of bunny trails running helper skelter till thread runs out of gas.

You always have the run of the mill denizens of the internet, we have crazies, and we have the scattered Im just smarter than anyone types. Its all part of the crazy world....sorta like real life?

Orange will be back in usual form no doubt, he's to smart not to.

For the record, you add a lot to the quality here.

Donger
You didn't get to read my big post - which included me saying he was right about the $15 but wrong about everything else including a MULTITUDE of his lies. And promises that he never backed up.

Okay.

La literatura
I freely admit I abused my powers. But I did so for the greater good... I would assume Orange would be proud of me.

Guy has been here for 12 years, migrated from the KCStar, is a consistently great poster, and is now harassed by a mod who engaged with him in one thread. It's not a way to maintain moderator trust and board community.

AustinChief

You never admitted to being wrong.. you instead posted garbage from the beginning of the thread. All things that had been addressed.

HonestChieffan
02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Guy has been here for 12 years, migrated from the KCStar, and is now harassed by a mod who engaged with him in one thread. It's not a way to maintain moderator trust and board community.

And 12 years ago you were still on the teat.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:06 PM
You never admitted to being wrong...

UNDELETE IT, COWARD.

SNR
02-11-2012, 05:06 PM

How do you expect people here to follow the rules when you cant?What official rule is Austin breaking? He already said he has instituted no new regulations on mod behavior

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:07 PM

Only posts I modified were ones that didn't address this very topic. Address the single issue of calling me a liar and being wrong about it... and I won't bother you at all.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:08 PM
UNDELETE IT, COWARD.

UNDELETE it? It can't be UNDELETED. I modified it. And NO. You can say whatever you want after you own up.

Guru
02-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Who gives a crap.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 05:09 PM
What official rule is Austin breaking? He already said he has instituted no new regulations on mod behavior

The new mods whine and cry when the rep sytem is abused, right? (look at gochiefs rep) I know that for a fact..lol at rep. but editing posts and deleting them is fair game?

Donger
02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Who gives a crap.

LMAO

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Okay.

Here is the problem. He never admitted to being wrong... he instead chose to deflect with a massive post of quotes that he claims I "lied" on. Things that all had been addressed but he chose to ignore.

It seems pretty simple. He called me a liar .. said I pulled a number out of my ass. I didn't. I proved that I didn't with MULTIPLE sources.

He has yet to admit to being wrong.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:13 PM
The new mods whine and cry when the rep sytem is abused, right? (look at gochiefs rep) I know that for a fact..lol at rep. but editing posts and deleting them is fair game?

Do they? I have never heard a mod whine about the rep system. Again, maybe I am clueless.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
UNDELETE it? It can't be UNDELETED. I modified it. And NO. You can say whatever you want after you own up.

ANOTHER LIE BY LIAR AustinChief

DELETED until Orange mans up

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8366085&postcount=290

Apparently, NO ONE will ever get to see what I said.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Orange never admits when he's wrong, so i wouldn't hold my breath.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Do they? I have never heard a mod whine about the rep system. Again, maybe I am clueless.

ROFL

I will admit that you are clueless to what goes on here.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
ANOTHER LIE BY LIAR AustinChief

oh Jesus. Ok again, you assume something is a lie because you don't understand it.

The CONTENT was deleted and replaced with my little [DELETED until Orange mans up] thing. The POST was modified. The software allows for a DELETED post to be restored but not deleted and replaced CONTENT.

Do you understand now?

I can give you a better technical explanation if you need one.

But for now think this way(because this is how the software works)...

original content of post = deleted
post itself = modified

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
ROFL

I will admit that you are clueless to what goes on here.

well that's not very nice! I actually keep up on a lot of things but I know a lot slips by me as well.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
well that's not very nice! I actually keep up on a lot of things but I know a lot slips by me as well.

What he is saying is bring back S-Sprayer.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:20 PM
oh Jesus. Ok again, you assume something is a lie because you don't understand it.

The CONTENT was deleted and replaced with my little [DELETED until Orange mans up] thing. The POST was modified. The software allows for a DELETED post to be restored but not deleted and replaced CONTENT.

Do you understand now?

I can give you a better technical explanation if you need one.

But for now think this way(because this is how the software works)...

original content of post = deleted
post itself = modified

So RESTORE IT or whatever fucking term it takes and let people read it for themselves.

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2012, 05:21 PM
So RESTORE IT or whatever ****ing term it takes and let people read it for themselves.

In your defense I'm not sure you've ever used the Lords name as a curseword, and you're not even a Christian.

Psyko Tek
02-11-2012, 05:23 PM

if you are in DC, not accepting facts is the norm

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:24 PM
So RESTORE IT or whatever fucking term it takes and let people read it for themselves.

and again, your reading skills are lacking.

If you delete a POST it doesn't get deleted it just flags it in the database and stops showing it. An edited post doesn't work that way. In theory it logs it, and you can revert changes, but that has actually been broken for quite some time. I could manually search the DB and maybe find something... but I seriously doubt it.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
and again, your reading skills are lacking.

If you delete a POST it doesn't get deleted it just flags it in the database and stops showing it. An edited post doesn't work that way. In theory it logs it, and you can revert changes, but that has actually been broken for quite some time. I could manually search the DB and maybe find something... but I seriously doubt it.

So what you're saying is that - DESPITE YOUR CLAIMS THAT IT WOULD BE RESTORED TO THE ORIGINAL IF I "MANNED UP" - people will NEVER see what I posted.

And you can go on and continue to LIE ABOUT IT forever.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM

HAHAHA! Dude, I didnt mean it as an attack on you. you have made a great place here. it was more of a reflection on you as an involved member on the board. I know you do a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Bill Parcells
02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
What he is saying is bring back S-Sprayer.

LOL! Nah, he pretty much lost it. he actually used to be a pretty good poster at one time. believe it or not.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
HAHAHA! Dude, I didnt mean it as an attack on you. you have made a great place here. it was more of a reflection on you as an involved member on the board. I know you do a lot of behind the scenes stuff.

Ha, I didn't take it as an attack at all. A lot of truthiness to it!

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
LOL! Nah, he pretty much lost it. he actually used to be a pretty good poster at one time. believe it or not.

I had no problems with him, he brought us many a good time.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM
So what you're saying is that - DESPITE YOUR CLAIMS THAT IT WOULD BE RESTORED TO THE ORIGINAL IF I "MANNED UP" - people will NEVER see what I posted.

No No, I claimed I would leave you alone. I didn't claim I would restore jack other then sig privs. It's just not restorable.. although like I said, let me manually check the db. In theory it may be there.

I don't know why you want it.. it's just garbage.

Unless you hid it in secret invisible pixels.. nowhere in your post did you admit to being wrong.

Your post was just you calling me a liar for opinions and statements that you clearly didn't understand. All of which was meant to change topics so you didn't have to man up.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:33 PM

Just so that's plain to everyone.

Donger
02-11-2012, 05:34 PM
So RESTORE IT or whatever ****ing term it takes and let people read it for themselves.

Why not just re-type what you wrote? You already stated that you admitted you were wrong.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
TADA! This is a direct cut/paste from the DB! Here is what you so badly wanted the world to see? More BS and NOWHERE do you admit to being wrong.

(everything below the line was written by Orange except where quoted)

Which brings us around to my ORIGINAL question that you keep avoiding and instead focusing on off-topic garbage. LIE Would YOU be ok with a Federal mandate forcing YOU to pay for a plan that included selectively anti-gay drugs? (I'm assuming an anti-gay drug would violate YOUR sense of morality.. obviously this doesn't work if you hate gay people)

Your question is off-topic garbage, but I'll repeat:

And as for your "abortigaycient" - why on earth would anyone answer such a ridiculous question? Nobody is making anything like that, nobody is researching it, nobody sane is advocating it. What point are you trying to make? How about THIS moral dilemma - suppose you religiously, fervantly believe that black people are subhuman or cursed or something - but the law requires you to serve them at your lunch counter. Do you do it?

You could even do yourself one better and posit a real abortion dilemma - what about an abortifacient that destroyed severely deformed zygotes? Would I favor it being available? Yes - but then again, I favor ordinary day-after contraception being available, too. And also the pill, which doesn't abort anything at all, but which Catholic bishops maintain is going to send you to Hell.

I will play along and answer YOUR question once you answer mine. LIE (even though your question is even further off topic whereas mine directly relates to the issue at hand)

How about this - I do not favor abortion based on traits of any kind, by any method. But I favor women having the choice and not me. And contraception is by far preferable to abortion in any case - even if it's the day after.

Also, the government isn't mandating anyone ever use or pay for contraception. They are mandating health insurance, and they are mandating that health insurance cover that, but NO ONE is being required to use it (the contraception coverage). And no employer should ever know whether any of their employees are using it. They are really totally out of the decision, and bear no guilt one way or the other.

Still waiting ...

It is off-topic LIE from what we were discussing at that time. You chose to start down the sterilization path

... from the VERY BEGINNING. My VERY FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD is about sterilization and sterilization has been part of the argument - and a critical part of the OP and the whole topic - from the very beginning. YOUR attempt to swerve away from it notwithstanding. YOU may have wanted to talk about oral contraception only - but I never accepted that. My response to your evasion included:

Sterilization for Women (Tubal Sterilization)
Sterilization for Women at a Glance

Surgery that prevents pregnancy
Safe and highly effective
Costs between $1,500 and $6,000
Meant to be permanent

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...women-4248.htm

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8364114&postcount=250

I never said he would definitely lose the Catholic vote... LIE I said he would in one of four possible situations. It appears he has made that moot already by going down the waiver path (one of the four options I said would happen)

Let's go to the record ...

#2 An insurance mandate IS the Church having to pay for services that violate Church doctrine. Your bullshit argument about "letting a third party handle it" is rubbish. Do you honestly think that makes it all "ok" morally with the Church just because you added a layer that the funds have to pass through? (hint: it doesn't)

Now suddenly it's acceptable. Until in a few days it isn't again. ROFL

I understand just fine ... you're spinning like a turbine, as you continue to be wrong on practically everything (wow, some pills can be had by some people at $15, never mind everything else this whole bill is about).

How about this, do you think Obama can AFFORD to alienate 74 million Americans? LIE And yes I ran the numbers and in all honesty there are a good 10 million votes he stands to LOSE over this issue if the Supreme Court doesn't get to it first. LIEIt's arrogant and idiotic for HHS to have this stance and it will come back to bite them in the ass.. as it should.

Big birth control backing in Fox News poll

The Fox News Channel has featured a stream of right-thinking pundits blasting the Obama administration for infringing on “religious liberty,” but Fox’s own national poll finds top-heavy public support for offering birth control coverage in health plans.

By a 61-34 percent margin, those surveyed this week approve of the Obama administration requiring all employee health plans to provide birth control coverage as part of health care for women.

Sixty-seven percent of women surveyed, and 65 percent of Catholic women, supported the contraception/birth control requirement. Fifty-three percent of men surveyed endorsed birth control coverage.

The Catholic hierarchy has relentlessly opposed the birth control requirement. Seattle Archbishop J. Peter Sartain has addressed the issue in a March for Life sermon, a statement earlier this week and an article. All warned about threats to religious liberties.

But the flock isn’t buying it. The Fox poll 58 percent of Catholics endorsing birth control coverage. It tracks almost exactly with a survey by the Public Religion Research Institute released earlier this week. It, too, found that 58 percent of Catholics were in approval.

While Fox News coverage is relentlessly critical of President Obama, the poll found the president’s prospects looking up.

Even MORE support than the PPP poll. After days/weeks of Republicans pounding this issue. LMAO

YOUR "numbers" that you "ran?"

orange
02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Why not just re-type what you wrote? You already stated that you admitted you were wrong.

It was fucking huge. And he'll just delete it again because it showed him up in LIE after LIE.

Donger
02-11-2012, 05:37 PM
It was ****ing huge. And he'll just delete it again because it showed him up in LIE after LIE.

Okay, why not just write: "I was wrong about the not being able to get BC for $15/month and I apologize for calling you a liar about it."?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:38 PM
HAHAHA NOW I SEE WHAT HE IS SAYING!

This is his claim of admitting he was wrong... buried under piles of garbage..

I understand just fine ... you're spinning like a turbine, as you continue to be wrong on practically everything (wow, some pills can be had by some people at $15, never mind everything else this whole bill is about).

Nice job bud. Way to man up!

orange
"I understand just fine ... you're spinning like a turbine, as you continue to be wrong on practically everything (wow, some pills can be had by some people at $15, never mind everything else this whole bill is about)."

HonestChieffan
It was ****ing huge. And he'll just delete it again because it showed him up in LIE after LIE.

What is the desired endgame here?

orange
02-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Okay, why not just write: "I was wrong about the not being able to get BC for $15/month and I apologize for calling you a liar about it."?

Show me where I called him a liar about that. I QUOTED some prices from a website.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
It was fucking huge. And he'll just delete it again because it showed him up in LIE after LIE.

No, No it didn't, it's sad that you are so desperate that you have to make this up to somehow "even the score"

If I get time, I'll go through your post simply addressing the accusations of LYING aspect of things. I won't argue the content itself because it's obvious you aren't worth debating.

orange
I will play along and answer YOUR question once you answer mine.

Still waiting ...

Donger
Show me where I called him a liar about that. I QUOTED some prices from a website.

Meh. I don't really have the desire or inclination to sort through all that.

Why not just write, "I was wrong about the not being able to get BC for $15/month"?

KILLER_CLOWN
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Meh. I don't really have the desire or inclination to sort through all that.

Why not just write, "I was wrong about the not being able to get BC for $15/month"?

See post #48

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:42 PM

You said and I quote " a phony number I pulled out of my ass" in reference to my post. That qualifies in my book.

Baby Lee
02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm on your side, Mr. AustinChief.

I hate Mr. orange. I wish I'd never met Mr. orange. And, to be honest, I never have and probably never will. But, I can damn sure never eat another orange for as long as I live. From now on, it's grapefruit or nothing. Well ... maybe tangerines. Or those other deals that come in the wooden boxes around Christmastime. Heck, I'll bet Mr. orange doesn't even like Christmas. Probably thinks Santa Claus is a big, fat liar, too. I hope an evergreen tree falls and lands on Mr. orange's head. Unless he's a lumberjack and a dues-paying member of the lumberjack union, in which case he would probably receive tons of workman's compensation and other government benefits that non-union lumberjacks can only dream of. I'm telling you, Paul Bunyan and Babe Ruth are rolling over in their respective graves.

FAX

Have you tried a satsuma? Jesse Thorne swears by them.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:43 PM
"I understand just fine ... you're spinning like a turbine, as you continue to be wrong on practically everything (wow, some pills can be had by some people at $15, never mind everything else this whole bill is about)."

Yes.. this is you barely admitting to being wrong. Wow. Nice job of burying it under mounds of garbage and making a 1/4 assed attempt at setting the record straight.

Pretty sure everyone can see right through you now.

orange
02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure everyone can see right through you now. What you thought was "the final straw."

In answer to HonestChieffan: this is my endgame.

Enjoy your echo-chamber.

Donger
02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure everyone can see right through you now. What you thought was "the final straw."

Enjoy your echo-chamber.

Orange, while saying "he was right" implies that you were wrong, it isn't quite the same as coming out and just stating it. Will you do that?

HonestChieffan
02-11-2012, 05:53 PM

Enjoy your echo-chamber.

Not sure what that means but No doubt you will be a success in it

ClevelandBronco
02-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd say that Austin is doing his best Julius Hoffman impersonation. Brother Bobby (played today by orange) has been gagged and tied to his chair.

Darned shame. I pretty much never agree with orange, but he/she is intelligent and entertaining.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Now here I will weigh in on his garbage post where I supposedly lie throughout!

Which brings us around to my ORIGINAL question that you keep avoiding and instead focusing on off-topic garbage. LIE Here we have a ridiculous accusation.. I feel he was going off topic, he does not. Doesn't rise to the level of a lie Would YOU be ok with a Federal mandate forcing YOU to pay for a plan that included selectively anti-gay drugs? (I'm assuming an anti-gay drug would violate YOUR sense of morality.. obviously this doesn't work if you hate gay people)

Your question is off-topic garbage, but I'll repeat:

And as for your "abortigaycient" - why on earth would anyone answer such a ridiculous question? Nobody is making anything like that, nobody is researching it, nobody sane is advocating it. What point are you trying to make? How about THIS moral dilemma - suppose you religiously, fervantly believe that black people are subhuman or cursed or something - but the law requires you to serve them at your lunch counter. Do you do it?

You could even do yourself one better and posit a real abortion dilemma - what about an abortifacient that destroyed severely deformed zygotes? Would I favor it being available? Yes - but then again, I favor ordinary day-after contraception being available, too. And also the pill, which doesn't abort anything at all, but which Catholic bishops maintain is going to send you to Hell.

I will play along and answer YOUR question once you answer mine. LIE Here again he gets confused easily. he never directly addressed my issue so I never addressed his directly (even though your question is even further off topic whereas mine directly relates to the issue at hand)

How about this - I do not favor abortion based on traits of any kind, by any method. But I favor women having the choice and not me. And contraception is by far preferable to abortion in any case - even if it's the day after.

Also, the government isn't mandating anyone ever use or pay for contraception. They are mandating health insurance, and they are mandating that health insurance cover that, but NO ONE is being required to use it (the contraception coverage). And no employer should ever know whether any of their employees are using it. They are really totally out of the decision, and bear no guilt one way or the other.

Still waiting ...

It is off-topic LIE again, he thinks he is staying on topic and he clearly isn't.. he is trying to go BACK to an earlier topic, not what was current from what we were discussing at that time. You chose to start down the sterilization path

You can read the rest yourself and see that he just spins into a rant on the overall topic but only in one slight offhand comment addresses what was important. He doesn't say "I was wrong, you didn't pull that number out of your ass" Instead he says "some pills can be had by some people at $15" Yes, I know this, I'm the one who said it. NOW admit you were wrong to say I made it up.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Orange, while saying "he was right" implies that you were wrong, it isn't quite the same as coming out and just stating it. Will you do that?

Ok, you understand EXACTLY what I was looking for.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I'd say that Austin is doing his best Julius Hoffman impersonation. Brother Bobby (played today by orange) has been gagged and tied to his chair.

Darned shame. I pretty much never agree with orange, but he/she is intelligent and entertaining.

If he chooses to leave, I see no big loss. Anyone who can't own up to an accusation that he gets wrong.. doesn't bring much to the table anyway.

Baby Lee
02-11-2012, 06:05 PM
Is this the new platform for Frankie v. Omcashtay?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Is this the new platform for Frankie v. Omcashtay?

Dude Frankie is too busy getting ready to lobby for the Disappointing DVD Act of 2012

ClevelandBronco
02-11-2012, 06:14 PM
If he chooses to leave, I see no big loss. Anyone who can't own up to an accusation that he gets wrong.. doesn't bring much to the table anyway.

I think losing orange would diminish the D.C. forum appreciably.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:19 PM

No sure I really care too much.

Of course, he is welcome to stay. I am done editing his posts. Point has been proven. He can even get his sig privs back and I'll set it so we are on mutual ignore... if he'll admit he was wrong to say I pulled the # out of my ass. It's pretty simple

ClevelandBronco
02-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Of course, he is welcome to stay. I am done editing his posts. Point has been proven. He can even get his sig privs back and I'll set it so we are on mutual ignore... if he'll admit he was wrong to say I pulled the # out of my ass. It's pretty simple

Hey, it's your sandbox.

Chiefshrink
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM

True Marxists are cowards and will never own up to the 'real truth'.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I just checked my formulary. I could purchase a month's supply of oral contraceptive for $4 with my current health care plan in 2010. My health care plan is kind of shitty, by the way.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:32 PM
In case anyone wants the post that pissed me off..

He changes my quote to say I pulled the number out of my ass and then quotes some random price list from the web.

At $15 per month ... a phony number I pulled out of my ass

What is the Cost of birth control without insurance?

In: Insurance, Medical Insurance [Edit categories]
Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Business & Finance > Insurance > What is the Cost of birth control without insurance? Answer: Improve

These are the prices for birth control at the #1 Birth Control pharmacy.

Prices:

Yasmin 21
63 tabs (21x3) - USD $65
$21.67 / month CAD $76 | GBP £33 | EUR €49

I answered with two posts. One quoting Planned Parenthood's website (it says $15-$50) and one quoting a Walgreen's pharmacist ($12/month and cheaper at Walmart or Target).

At that point I told Orange I wasn't going to continue with the debate until he owned up to being wrong about calling me a liar... he continued to spin and never would take responsibility. I got more pissed. And that brings us to today's shenanigans.

jspchief
02-11-2012, 06:32 PM

Now if only we can diminish the remainder.

AC, if you're smart you'll just stay out of this cesspool. No matter how hard you try to stick to intelligent conversation, more often than not it devolves to this sort of thing.

As for mod abuse, abuse away. I've yet to see malicious abuse by any mod directed at anyone that didn't have it coming.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 06:34 PM

He changes my quote to say I pulled the number out of my ass and then quotes some random price list from the web.

Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Categories > Business & Finance > Insurance > What is the Cost of birth control without insurance? Answer: Improve

Prices:

Yasmin 21
63 tabs (21x3) - USD $65

I answered with two posts. One quoting Planned Parenthood's website (it says $15-$50) and one quoting a Walgreen's pharmacist ($12/month and cheaper at Walmart or Target).

At that point I told Orange I wasn't going to continue with the debate until he owned up to being wrong about calling me a liar... he continued to spin and never would take responsibility. I got more pissed. And that brings us to today's shenanigans.

Is that the same as "Yaz" or is that something different? I got a vasectomy years and years ago so I'm out of the loop. My wife had a stroke in her late 20's and had to stop taking birth control pills (smoker).

BucEyedPea
02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
My wife had a stroke in her late 20's and had to stop taking birth control pills (smoker).

Oh, that is just aweful to hear especially at that age. Sorry to hear that.
I had to go off them because the migraines were non-stop. I don't like anything that messes with hormones.

Calcountry
02-11-2012, 06:44 PM

Which brings me to the point. What do you the general populace of DC feel about it?I think Orange should be banned permanently for not paying for that ho's birth control.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Ah, just checked. "Yaz" and "Yasmin" are the same thing. I have attached a pdf file that contains a list of "four dollar generics" available at Wal Mart. They do not require an insurance plan. They do not require any type of membership. This is available to anyone. This list, under "women's health", shows a contraceptive (medroxyprogesterone acetate) at $4 per month Rx and $10 per three month Rx. You're welcome.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh, that is just aweful to hear especially at that age. Sorry to hear that.
I had to go off them because the migraines were non-stop. I don't like anything that messes with hormones.

It was pretty rough on her, she fought off almost all of the effects of it though. And yeah, migraines are horrible. I control mine with OTC "drugs".

Brock
02-11-2012, 06:53 PM
If never admitting you're wrong is a crime around here, it calls for a mass execution.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Ah, just checked. "Yaz" and "Yasmin" are the same thing. I have attached a pdf file that contains a list of "four dollar generics" available at Wal Mart. They do not require an insurance plan. They do not require any type of membership. This is available to anyone. This list, under "women's health", shows a contraceptive (medroxyprogesterone acetate) at $4 per month Rx and $10 per three month Rx. Your welcome.

HA! awesome! I knew they had some at $9.. and I knew they were cheaper than Walgreens (but since my mother is a pharmacist there, that data was an easy phone call away) I didn't know they also had some for $4. or under 14 cents a day.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
If never admitting you're wrong is a crime around here, it calls for a mass execution.

:D no, just don't call the owner of the board a liar and then get shown to be wrong and not admit it... then not expect to get fucked with for it. He's a dick like that.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
HA! awesome! I knew they had some at $9.. and I knew they were cheaper than Walgreens (but since my mother is a pharmacist there, that data was an easy phone call away) I didn't know they also had some for $4. or under 14 cents a day.

Aw damn, you quoted me before I fixed my stupid "your" mistake. Bah.

Chiefshrink
02-11-2012, 07:05 PM

Prices:

Yasmin 21
63 tabs (21x3) - USD $65

AC my man after reading this whole thread about what went on in another thread, you got "Alinskyized" by the King of our current Progressive/Marxist posse here in DC mr.orange peel.

Understand that when hard evidence "the truth" is presented to an anarchist like orange and it goes against his Marxist agenda the standard procedure for all Progressives/Marxists is to then 'demagogue'(Alinskyize/Lie) that person or group immediately because they have lost the debate and now must divert attention away from the real truth. This happened to you. Orange was able to pull your string and enjoyed every moment of it.

Bottom Line: Now you know (on a small scale) what it feels like to be a conservative politician standing for the truth and then purposely taken out of context by the Marxist Media. Not that you are conservative but you get my point.

Tip for the future: Trust the other posters to see your hard evidence that you have presented regardless of the 'demagoguing' from your opponent. We all will see who won the argument and also see the immature games played by the Progressive Marxists. Remember, THE TRUTH NEVER NEEDS DEFENDING. IT JUST IS !! AND WE WILL SEE IT!!!

This will help alleviate any unnecessary intense emotions in the future:thumb:

You are a good man AC!!

HonestChieffan
02-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I think Orange should be banned permanently for not paying for that ho's birth control.

You assume there would be that need?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 07:15 PM
You assume there would be that need?

He was never going to be banned. BUT I was not going to let this rest. Yes I could have taken higher ground and just kept posting on it, but chose to draw it to a head. I have zero regret about that.

whoman69
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Biggest problem that I see here is if the posts didn't effect a mod, no action would have been taken.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Biggest problem that I see here is if the posts didn't effect a mod, no action would have been taken.

Oh I agree. If he had done this to anyone else, the only relief that poster would have would be to point it out and hope that everyone ignores the off-point garbage he spewed to try to bury the truth. I decided to not allow that to happen, because I can and I felt it needed to be done. As I have said, I freely admit it was complete abuse on my part... abuse I still feel was earned.

That and the fact that I am supposed to be working on a boring rewrite of a script that takes all 13k+ TABC Mixed Beverage (Texas bars) sales and plots them on a Google map then opens a popup that graphs the last 12 months figures. So this is how I justified getting nothing done on that the last few hours... speaking of, if anyone wants to help test it, let me know. I need to rework the interface and could use feedback on what makes the most sense regarding presentation.

FD
02-11-2012, 07:28 PM
That and the fact that I am supposed to be working on a boring rewrite of a script that takes all 13k+ TABC Mixed Beverage (Texas bars) sales and plots them on a Google map then opens a popup that graphs the last 12 months figures. So this is how I justified getting nothing done on that the last few hours... speaking of, if anyone wants to help test it, let me know. I need to rework the interface and could use feedback on what makes the most sense regarding presentation.

This actually sounds very interesting to me and I'd love to hear more.

listopencil
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
I'd love to help you with that but I'm kind of busy starting a grease fire in my kitchen. Son of a bitch, that's what I get for talking crap about people not actually cooking dinner in another thread. Ah well. No real harm done.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 07:44 PM

It SOUNDS a lot more interesting than it really is. It was fun getting it to work... but now it is all the minutiae that are boring me.

Here is the basic concept.

I have a bunch of bars that are clients and they like to keep track of how their competitors are doing. So, knowing the raw data was available (public record), I created a script that grabs the data, geocodes it (gets lat,long) then populates a table with name/physical location and another that has month/tax figures. Then I use the Google map API to plot the addresses on a map and has code to show the sales data (as calculated via tax figures)

The problem is.. now I need to put a front end on it that lets a bar owner pick a geographic area (right now it takes 2-3 minutes to load the entire state of Texas) and then load the map centered on their bar. I also need to allow users to FLAG bars that may have gone out of business recently or the map location is slightly off and they want it fixed. AND I need to change the dopey red/green arrows I am using as markers and make the entire interface more professional.

Basically, the fun programming is done and I am stuck doing the boring stuff now... hence why I am here chatting instead of working! :D

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 07:54 PM

Here is an old version with the crappy interface but the data is accurate at least. This version is limited to just Austin to speed up the load.

http://www.monarch17.com/tabc/mappy.php

I created a temp user/pass that anyone can use to check it out.

username chiefs
password planet

I'd REALLY like to get the data for other states but it seems like it'd be a complete pain.

FD
02-11-2012, 07:55 PM
It SOUNDS a lot more interesting than it really is. It was fun getting it to work... but now it is all the minutiae that are boring me.

Here is the basic concept.

I have a bunch of bars that are clients and they like to keep track of how their competitors are doing. So, knowing the raw data was available (public record), I created a script that grabs the data, geocodes it (gets lat,long) then populates a table with name/physical location and another that has month/tax figures. Then I use the Google map API to plot the addresses on a map and has code to show the sales data (as calculated via tax figures)

The problem is.. now I need to put a front end on it that lets a bar owner pick a geographic area (right now it takes 2-3 minutes to load the entire state of Texas) and then load the map centered on their bar. I also need to allow users to FLAG bars that may have gone out of business recently or the map location is slightly off and they want it fixed. AND I need to change the dopey red/green arrows I am using as markers and make the entire interface more professional.

Basically, the fun programming is done and I am stuck doing the boring stuff now... hence why I am here chatting instead of working! :D

Yeah, thats how it always is. Debugging/perfecting always takes longer than it should and is pretty frustrating. I don't know anything about design or appearance personally so no help here.

So TABC licensees have to report sales data via their taxes? I didn't know that. What else do they report? Employment figures or wages? If there is a link to this info that would be great. Also, is your program only report the most recent data or can you look at historical values?

Sorry to derail the thread, btw.

FD
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Here is an old version with the crappy interface but the data is accurate at least. This version is limited to just Austin to speed up the load.

http://www.monarch17.com/tabc/mappy.php

I created a temp user/pass that anyone can use to check it out.

username chiefs
password planet

I'd REALLY like to get the data for other states but it seems like it'd be a complete pain.

As a fellow Austinite I can't help but notice there are some bars missing from this map. Is the data incomplete or is it not all loading?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah, thats how it always is. Debugging/perfecting always takes longer than it should and is pretty frustrating. I don't know anything about design or appearance personally so no help here.

So TABC licensees have to report sales data via their taxes? I didn't know that. What else do they report? Employment figures or wages? If there is a link to this info that would be great. Also, is your program only report the most recent data or can you look at historical values?

Sorry to derail the thread, btw.

TABC makes the tax receipts available. Which would seem incomplete except that here in Texas if you sell any booze at all, you are taxes at 14% on all alcohol regardless. So you can back out the sales figures from that. Unfortunately, bars that only sell beer/wine don't get listed... but most bars don't care about them since they aren't usually direct competition.

They don't offer any other figures that are useful. I wish they would because it would be great to have a more complete db. I am thinking of allowing a certain amount of user submitted data to go in the db as well.

I only show data for the last 12 months but I have data going back to 2009 in the db.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:08 PM
As a fellow Austinite I can't help but notice there are some bars missing from this map. Is the data incomplete or is it not all loading?

Some data is missing because the bar doesn't sell liquor (explained in last post) but yeah, some bars are missing because the address is misreported in the data. For those I need to scrub the data and correct it. Can you mention a few you think are missing and I can check to see why?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Also, it is all keyed off the TABC license ID.. So If a place has a whacky name that is off, I can always manually adjust it to reflect the true name and not screw up the integrity of the data for the next import. At the moment it is all very raw. I am still trying to devise ways to adjust the data that don't require massive amounts of labor.

FD
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Some data is missing because the bar doesn't sell liquor (explained in last post) but yeah, some bars are missing because the address is misreported in the data. For those I need to scrub the data and correct it. Can you mention a few you think are missing and I can check to see why?

Most of the ones I was thinking of are beer places. Lustre Pearl doesnt seem to be on here, and some on E 6th seem to be missing but its hard to tell because there are 'up' and 'down' arrows right on top of each other and I can only click on one (e.g. the Brixton) so its not clear.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Most of the ones I was thinking of are beer places. Lustre Pearl doesnt seem to be on here, and some on E 6th seem to be missing but its hard to tell because there are 'up' and 'down' arrows right on top of each other and I can only click on one (e.g. the Brixton) so its not clear.

Yep, I am going to do a query to find all the ones with the same lat/long and "bump" one off so the overlaps don't occur. More of the boring stuff I haven't gotten to yet.

I just checked and Lustre Pearl isn't in DB. Pretty sure they serve booze... I checked on both name and address and nothing came up.

The Brixton is funny, it's TWO businesses named the Brixton because of change in ownership. Both the former owner and the current are friends. The current owner is actually an ex-girlfriend and her husband. I just merged their data. Should be ok on reload.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Orange does this to everyone, why should you be any different? Truth is there is a bunch of little self-riteous PC types that run around here and they all have the same MO. Frankly I am surprised this is the first time this has happened to you.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Orange does this to everyone, why should you be any different? Truth is there is a bunch of little self-riteous PC types that run around here and they all have the same MO. Frankly I am surprised this is the first time this has happened to you.

I doubt it is the first time. It was just the one time I decided to abuse my powers and call someone out. I realize that I'm not any different, which is why what I did was an "abuse" of my power. I just used this thread to call attention to what was happening.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 08:43 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention.. if you click on a particular month it shows the exact sales figures (with the month wrong, I had that hard coded and haven't fixed that yet)

The plan is for that popout to have that month + year to date and other useful info. I am still trying to decide what would be useful there.

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention.. if you click on a particular month it shows the exact sales figures (with the month wrong, I had that hard coded and haven't fixed that yet)

The plan is for that popout to have that month + year to date and other useful info. I am still trying to decide what would be useful there.

Also, you can go to http://www.monarch17.com/tabc/mappy.php?z=dfw and see how much slower the load time is.. OR http://www.monarch17.com/tabc/mappy.php?z=all to see the entire state. it is VERY slow.

dirk digler
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM

Pretty much. I call out honestchieffan for all his lies and he runs away and hides and never returns to his threads he started.

Austin can you change his username to dishonestchieffan?

AustinChief
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Pretty much. I call out honestchieffan for all his lies and he runs away and hides and never returns to his threads he started.

Austin can you change his username to dishonestchieffan?

The second he calls me a liar and gets proven wrong and won't admit it... he will have that name change! :D

No, I am done screwing around, I just wanted to make a point and it was made.

Power abused successfully!

alpha_omega
02-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Sounds like orange fu**ed with the wrong person...the admin.

Duh! Should have seen the potential consequences of that coming from a mile away.

BIG_DADDY
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I doubt it is the first time. It was just the one time I decided to abuse my powers and call someone out. .

LMAO

Speaking of moderator abuse maybe you can find out which one of your mods decided to wipe out my sig unprovoked and without warning. I'll torment Orange a few months for you in return. :D

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Which brings me to the point. What do you the general populace of DC feel about it?I feel it's pretty ****ing lame to whine about it in another thread.

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2012, 12:33 AM
I feel it's pretty ****ing lame to whine about it in another thread.

Feelings...............oh oh oh feeeeeeliiiings.....oh oh oh feeeeeelings. LMAO

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Feelings...............oh oh oh feeeeeeliiiings.....oh oh oh feeeeeelings. LMAOOh, I agree. AC's Question:

"Which brings me to the point. What do you the general populace of DC feel about it?"

bandwagonjumper
02-12-2012, 03:29 AM
Hey its your baby so you can do what ever you want. I personally think moderators shouldn't post here. Passion run high and some take their polititics very seriously and its an unequal relationship between moderators and non moderators.

FAX
02-12-2012, 04:55 AM
En guarde, DCeets!!! There's a new sheriff in town. And he's packin' a delete key.

FAX

banyon
02-12-2012, 10:27 AM

Don't ever try to show BucEyedPea she's wrong about anything...

banyon
02-12-2012, 10:29 AM

No doubt.

BucEyedPea
02-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Well, further research into Keynes, shows "debauch the currency" quote was the words of Keynes, after I conceded part of the point to you— afterall. :evil:

Don't ever tell banyon he's wrong about anything either—especially how free-markets are superior.
We see patteeu spin the lies of the Bush Administration and the NC right never admitting that Iraq had WMD was wrong. Or Donger on there being no conclusive evidence on Iran having a nuclear bomb but is based on conjecture.

banyon
02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Well, further research into Keynes, shows "debauch the currency" quote was the words of Keynes. :evil:

Don't ever tell banyon he's wrong about anything either—especially how free-markets are superior.
We see patteeu spin the lies of the Bush Administration and the NC right never admitting that Iraq had WMD was wrong. Or Donger on there being no conclusive evidence on Iran having a nuclear bomb but is based on conjecture.

"How free markets are superior"

There's a difference, of course, between basic facts, like "Montpelier is the capital of Vermont" or "Keynes said this" (when he was actually just quoting what someone else said) and "Hey, I believe in theory x of politics or economics and you don't" That's not the type of admitting a mistake we were talking about.

BucEyedPea
02-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you say something?

patteeu
02-12-2012, 10:53 AM

It's still unwarranted. Use your words, not your special powers.

BTW, I agree with you that you didn't lie.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Oh, and I agree with Literature that orange is a high quality poster. He's wrong on this issue and on many others, but he usually has strong arguments.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Ok, see now that is a different story. That means it may have been warranted.. but it was unjust because I have special powers.

Hell yeah it was!

It wasn't about showing someone wrong in a debate. That is totally different. This is about making a completely FALSE statement that also accused me of lying. I think that is clearly different... but yes, you are right, you have no recourse. I do!

Your frustration may well have been warranted, but using your ability to fuck with other people's words wasn't, IMO.

banyon
02-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Did you say something?

At this point, this is the girl who cried wolf for the 1000th time.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh I agree. If he had done this to anyone else, the only relief that poster would have would be to point it out and hope that everyone ignores the off-point garbage he spewed to try to bury the truth. I decided to not allow that to happen, because I can and I felt it needed to be done. As I have said, I freely admit it was complete abuse on my part... abuse I still feel was earned.

It's simple enough to unbury the truth by quoting it.

I'm disappointed by all the conservatives here who are applauding your treatment of orange just because he's a liberal (and in most cases he's owned them on one occasion or another). I'm pretty confident they wouldn't be so supportive if you were taking a pro-Obama position and abusing someone like Donger or Baby Lee's counter argument posts.

Bill Parcells
02-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Did you say something?

At this point, this is the girl who cried wolf for the 1000th time.

OH NOES! YOU GOT FAKE IGNORED! PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

BEP..aka Brady lady..lol accuses me and Amnorix rotflmfao of ''internet stalking'' ROFL

What a cookbird she is

banyon
02-12-2012, 12:02 PM
OH NOES! YOU GOT FAKE IGNORED! PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

BEP..aka Brady lady..lol accuses me and Amnorix rotflmfao of ''internet stalking'' ROFL

What a cookbird she is

It's just a part of her plan. Accuse anyone who points out how silly her posts are of stalking so I think in her dreamworld she can just blather on with all of the kookery and distortions uninterrupted. I mean, because that's how it is in ronpaul/lewrockwell world. They don't get challenged on those sites because you just get banned if you disagree with them. Makes them pretty shaky on defending their positions because they aren't used to having to do it. It's much easier just to sit in the echo chamber and drown out anything which doesn't conform to your preconceptions.

Taco John
02-12-2012, 01:18 PM

I'm disappointed by all the conservatives here who are applauding your treatment of orange just because he's a liberal (and in most cases he's owned them on one occasion or another). I'm pretty confident they wouldn't be so supportive if you were taking a pro-Obama position and abusing someone like Donger or Baby Lee's counter argument posts.

A tiger doesn't change its stripes. The conservatism practiced on this forum is akin to "might makes right," so of course they'd be supportive of this.

Der Flöprer
02-12-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm genuinely curious who of the new mods you think are causing problems.

Chief Henry
02-12-2012, 01:57 PM
AC is the admn. he can do what ever the hell he wants when ever he wants...Just look at our current president. Last Friday he just dictated to an intire industry what they have to do !

btw....Kudos to you AC.

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
IMHO, a poll would have been revealing and possibly helpful.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 02:07 PM
AC is the admn. he can do what ever the hell he wants when ever he wants...Just look at our current president. Last Friday he just dictated to an intire industry what they have to do !

btw....Kudos to you AC.

"Can" and "should" are two different concepts.

banyon
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
IMHO, a poll would have been revealing and possibly helpful.

Unless AustinChief modified the results... :evil:

NewChief
02-12-2012, 02:12 PM

You may be disappointed, but hopefully you're not surprised? The majority of this forum has no principles beyond, "Cheer for my side, cheer against the other side." Sadly, it's a reflection of our current political climate in this country where politics has chiefly become a spectator sport between two teams.

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
You may be disappointed, but hopefully you're not surprised? The majority of this forum has no principles beyond, "Cheer for my side, cheer against the other side." Sadly, it's a reflection of our current political climate in this country where politics has chiefly become a spectator sport between two teams.

And in the meantime the all the money is going out the back door.

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
"Can" and "should" are two different concepts.

I came to the conclusion early on in this pissing match that we will get as many reasons, rationalizations, and justifications as it takes to tire us out. "Should" may never have been an option.

NewChief
02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
And in the meantime the all the money is going out the back door.

Well, yeah. I think the sports analogy is really apt. All the money is going to the players, owners, and the "league." Additionally, just like in sports: the fanbases get into fights, riots, and generally hate each other. Meanwhile, the players are actually all "buddy buddy" after the game, slapping each other on the back, and enjoying the fact that they put on a good show and got paid like motherfuckers for it.

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Well, yeah. I think the sports analogy is really apt. All the money is going to the players, owners, and the "league." Additionally, just like in sports: the fanbases get into fights, riots, and generally hate each other. Meanwhile, the players are actually all "buddy buddy" after the game, slapping each other on the back, and enjoying the fact that they put on a good show and got paid like mother****ers for it.

They should let the players get as drunk as the fans and see what happens after the game.

Chief Henry
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
They should let the players get as drunk as the fans and see what happens after the game.

In Oakland they do.

HonestChieffan
02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
anybody score this thing?

loochy
02-12-2012, 02:45 PM
anybody score this thing?

They both lose, -15 to -15.

HonestChieffan
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
They both lose, -15 to -15.

how liberal. A tie.

BucEyedPea
02-12-2012, 02:54 PM
A tiger doesn't change its stripes. The conservatism practiced on this forum is akin to "might makes right," so of course they'd be supportive of this.

Pretty much. It's right that makes might though.

So we have bullies at the level of thought here. There are some on each side.

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Pretty much. It's right that makes might though.

So we have bullies at the level of thought here. There are some on each side.

You'd have to be capable of thought for us to be bullies about it.

whoman69
02-12-2012, 04:21 PM
how liberal. A tie.

If it was conservative would both sides lose then?

loochy
02-12-2012, 04:40 PM
how liberal. A tie.

Not liberal, not conservative...they're both retarded and everyone is a loser, just like in real life politics.

Bill Parcells
02-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Got a guilty conscience?

Well, (and I told this to his face..lol..or in a thread) . Phobia goes around bottoming out people's rep and then demands that posters dont abuse the rep system. Gonzo just gets admin rights and starts changing posters user names. now I really dont give a shit one way or another. but how are people supposed to listen to Mods and admins who are breaking the rules that they're supposed to enforce?

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2012, 05:31 PM

Whoever went after my sig without warning and continues to hide in the shadows. OTher than that the mods are great.

LiveSteam
02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
The 1000 year Reich

Otter
02-13-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm glad Orange got called out. Why can't you accept other sides of the debate and acknowledge them when they make a point? Pride is a mutha ****a. He would lie just to try and be correct under any circumstance.

Door. Ass. You know the drill orange.

blaise
02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
orange never admits to being wrong. If the conversation starts going in a direction he doesn't like he'll start flooding the thread with huffpost links and paste jobs.
Or, he'll take pieces of your post out of the original context, and either bold face just a piece, or only quote that piece and try to act like you said something you didn't.

He knows it, and he has me on ignore because I know it too.

Radar Chief
02-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Is it just a strange twist of irony that “quality posters” like orange and BuckEyedPsycho have hundred something post topics dedicated to their lack of integrity to just admit when they’re wrong?
On a side note the funniest response I ever got from orange is when he called me “obtuse”.

LiveSteam
02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
orange never admits to being wrong. If the conversation starts going in a direction he doesn't like he'll start flooding the thread with huffpost links and paste jobs.
Or, he'll take pieces of your post out of the original context, and either bold face just a piece, or only quote that piece and try to act like you said something you didn't.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1989-0821-502,_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg/170px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-1989-0821-502,_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qQ4GO0M9LYQ/TApQ_nCa2GI/AAAAAAAACkA/towZMySJ_3A/s400/ttar_orange_01_h_launch.jpg

vailpass
02-13-2012, 11:23 AM

I think douchebag has me on ignore as well, now that you mention it. There are few, if any, posters here with worse tunnel vision than Orange. Nothing is wrong that agrees with his narrow views and nothing is right that disagrees with his narrow views. Which is why he was unable to admit his error in his conversation with Kyle.

Funny as hell to see Orange squealing like a little girl in response to getting called out then poked and prodded by The Mod.

Cave Johnson
02-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Is this ghey bitchfest still going on?

vailpass
02-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Is this ghey bitchfest still going on?

Does it hurt to see one of your own taken out?

Cave Johnson
02-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Does it hurt to see one of your own taken out?

Newsflash: people are commonly wrong and slow to admit defeat.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Newsflash: people are commonly wrong and slow to admit defeat.

thanks obama

Otter
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Newsflash: orange is often wrong and will lie to deny defeat.

FYP

Thanks for the bump Pittsie! :thumb:

Calcountry
02-13-2012, 01:44 PM

btw....Kudos to you AC.Of course, he could say "fug it", and pull the plug on the CP server for good with no explanation.

Kind of sick and twisted to have that power. I think he wields it quite graciously and generously.

Inspector
02-13-2012, 03:21 PM
meh...I just figured everyone pretty much ignored this orange person except for the other communists / marxists or whatever the proper term is. (I'm not current on the latest terminology) I thought he was paid to spin stuff online....maybe not? I'm not sure.

Hang in there AC. You seem to do a great job with this site.

Otter
02-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Hang in there AC. You seem to do a great job with this site.

Indeed. The foresight in this site with mobile devices is pretty damn impressive alone given when it was founded. It's almost seamless between a PC and smartphone.

mlyonsd
02-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Heh, great thread.

Phobia
02-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Got a guilty conscience?

Well, (and I told this to his face..lol..or in a thread) . Phobia goes around bottoming out people's rep and then demands that posters dont abuse the rep system. Gonzo just gets admin rights and starts changing posters user names. now I really dont give a shit one way or another. but how are people supposed to listen to Mods and admins who are breaking the rules that they're supposed to enforce?

I have one person bottomed out right now and he will never learn. Everybody I've ever bottomed out on rep is back in the green and no longer abusing rep.

Changing usernames is a part of the culture here. As long as it is done in good humor, I think it adds to the charm of the site. I don't think there are any rules against either of the examples you've provided.

As for what AustinChief did, it's his toybox. He can do whatever suits his fancy. The fact that he's been 100% up front about what he did makes it palatable for me. If he snuck around that would be pretty crappy.

Bowser
02-13-2012, 07:09 PM
OK, who do I need to neg rep?

Bill Parcells
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
I have one person bottomed out right now and he will never learn. Everybody I've ever bottomed out on rep is back in the green and no longer abusing rep.

Changing usernames is a part of the culture here. As long as it is done in good humor, I think it adds to the charm of the site. I don't think there are any rules against either of the examples you've provided.

As for what AustinChief did, it's his toybox. He can do whatever suits his fancy. The fact that he's been 100% up front about what he did makes it palatable for me. If he snuck around that would be pretty crappy.

LOL! You guys really do cry to each other in the mod forum? interesting.

I know Dole used to change user names and so did morphius. I never had a problem with them because they weren't enforcing any rules either. other than the ridiculous sig thing, which isn't a big deal.

And dude, rep is that important to you that you have to monitor who is abusing it? THAT is hilarious! absolutely hilarious!

I just saw why Austin did it. Orange was editing his posts in quotes. that would piss me off too. so Austin is forgiven..lol

Bill Parcells
02-13-2012, 07:42 PM
OK, who do I need to neg rep?

I'll take one kid ;)

Otter
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Let's not act like this isn't something that's been coming to a head and out of nowhere AC decided to be a dick.

Orange has been a lying **** for years. He's the more toned down version of KC "fatass" "PearShaped" "AngryToughGuy" Native that goes for the "racist" comment like all far lefties do because their pussies when they start to lose a debate.

I still want to know why KcNitwit is allowed to post here after he made up the story that I threatened him with a gun. That's ****ing horseshit but I deal with it and put him on ignore because I can't do anything about it more than I did.

And the influx of douchbaggery deserves a little pushing around. **** you Orange. Eat shit.

And there's plenty of good peeps on the democratic side of things. I still say you're a moran if buckle yourself to one part but you learn what you can and cannot control or go crazy trying.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:00 PM

I know Dole used to change user names and so did morphius. I never had a problem with them because they weren't enforcing any rules either. other than the ridiculous sig thing, which isn't a big deal.

And dude, rep is that important to you that you have to monitor who is abusing it? THAT is hilarious! absolutely hilarious!

I just saw why Austin did it. Orange was editing his posts in quotes. that would piss me off too. so Austin is forgiven..lol

This isn't right. AustinChief was deleting Orange posts to punish him for calling AC a liar and refusing to admit that AC had produced some vindicating evidence. Conveniently, he was also able to avoid having to deal with the entirety of Orange's argument (as opposed to that one small point) by effectively flipping the gameboard over, IMO. It was pure abuse of power and nothing more noble than that. While it's true that AC owns the place and can run it like his own little dollhouse if he wants, that doesn't make it any more admirable.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Let's not act like this isn't something that's been coming to a head and out of nowhere AC decided to be a dick.

Orange has been a lying **** for years. He's the more toned down version of KC "fatass" "PearShaped" "AngryToughGuy" Native that goes for the "racist" comment like all far lefties do because their pussies when they start to lose a debate.

I still want to know why KcNitwit is allowed to post here after he made up the story that I threatened him with a gun. That's ****ing horseshit but I deal with it and put him on ignore because I can't do anything about it more than I did.

And the influx of douchbaggery deserves a little pushing around. **** you Orange. Eat shit.

And there's plenty of good peeps on the democratic side of things. I still say you're a moran if buckle yourself to one part but you learn what you can and cannot control or go crazy trying.

Can you give me an example of Orange lying?

Otter
02-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Can you give me an example of Orange lying?

"White people are almost impossible to deal with because they know how to lie without lying". - An old Apache saying that applies to everyone today.

See the NDAA thread where I pointed out the bill is written in such general terms that it applies to whoever it needs to imprison while Orange stood firm, pointing out websites that agreed with his point of view when the bill was right online for anyone to read. The NDAA bill applies to whoever it needs to, everyone knows it and it was right there, in print.

You're a pretty hard core guy in your beliefs Patteeu. Has anyone ever ****ed with you? Not that I know of, why do you think that is and why do you think Orange was? You have more character than him and trust me, I'm not kissing your ass, some people are just assholes that SHOULD be called out.

I read over here more than post so I don't remember many specific threads.

InChiefsHell
02-13-2012, 08:21 PM
He's Jenson.

That explains oh so much!

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:36 PM
"White people are almost impossible to deal with because they know how to lie without lying". - An old Apache saying that applies to everyone today.

See the NDAA thread where I pointed out the bill is written in such general terms that it applies to whoever it needs to imprison while Orange stood firm, pointing out websites that agreed with his point of view when the bill was right online for anyone to read. The NDAA bill applies to whoever it needs to, everyone knows it and it was right there, in print.

You're a pretty hard core guy in your beliefs Patteeu. Has anyone ever ****ed with you? Not that I know of, why do you think that is and why do you think Orange was? You have more character than him and trust me, I'm not kissing your ass, some people are just assholes that SHOULD be called out.

I read over here more than post so I don't remember many specific threads.

OK, well I think there's a difference between lying and sticking to your guns on a difference of opinion (even if an objective observer would judge his opinion to be wrong).

People have been very pissed off at me when I've refused to agree with their interpretations of things like whether the Bush administration lied us into war or whether waterboarding is torture, for example. They didn't fuck with me in the way that AustinChief did, at least partly because they didn't have that power. They only had the power of their words (and lots of namecalling) and in the end they had to let their wrong words stand in opposition to my right words for the world to judge (or ignore, whatever the case may be). BTW, I've survived being called a liar many times and the fact that I wasn't able to censor them as punishment never left me damaged.

Otter
02-13-2012, 08:45 PM
OK, well I think there's a difference between lying and sticking to your guns on a difference of opinion (even if an objective observer would judge his opinion to be wrong).

People have been very pissed off at me when I've refused to agree with their interpretations of things like whether the Bush administration lied us into war or whether waterboarding is torture, for example. They didn't **** with me in the way that AustinChief did, at least partly because they didn't have that power. They only had the power of their words (and lots of namecalling) and in the end they had to let their wrong words stand in opposition to my right words for the world to judge (or ignore, whatever the case may be). BTW, I've survived being called a liar many times and the fact that I wasn't able to censor them as punishment never left me damaged.

You've also proven your persona in a much different way than him. Kinda like any voluntary social circle works in the real world. As mentioned, I've had some pretty shitty things said about me over the years too. Shrug it off and walk away or take your ball and go home.

Orange wasn't banned, he took his ball and went home.

AustinChief
02-13-2012, 08:46 PM
This isn't right. AustinChief was deleting Orange posts to punish him for calling AC a liar and refusing to admit that AC had produced some vindicating evidence. Conveniently, he was also able to avoid having to deal with the entirety of Orange's argument (as opposed to that one small point) by effectively flipping the gameboard over, IMO. It was pure abuse of power and nothing more noble than that. While it's true that AC owns the place and can run it like his own little dollhouse if he wants, that doesn't make it any more admirable.

I think he is referencing the fact that Orange changed my quoted post to read "a number I pulled out of my ass".

And it wasn't "some" vindicating evidence, it was cut and dried. He was 100% wrong and wouldn't own up in the least. And don't pretend I was avoiding any part of Orange's argument. that is after the fact bullshit. Orange tried to change the subject when I called him out. I was no longer willing to "play" until he owned up.. that is when he dredged up posts from days before that had no bearing on the singular point we were at this time discussing.

If you see it any other way, you weren't paying attention at all.

Yes, it was abuse of power.. but it was WELL deserved. It had nothing to do with "flipping the gameboard." he was clearly losing the overall debate and was completely out of his depth. It wasn't about the debate anymore, it was about this ONE single point for me... and rather than concede his mistake and move on.. he chose to try to bury it with garbage. I wasn't going to allow it.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:46 PM
You've also proven your persona in a much different way than him. Kinda like any voluntary social circle works in the real world. As mentioned, I've had some pretty shitty things said about me over the years too. Shrug it off and walk away or take your ball and go home.

Orange wasn't banned, he took his ball and went home.

Maybe. But I think some of the people who have called me all kinds of names probably have a different opinion about what I've proven about my persona than you do. Of course, they're drooling idiots, but that's beside the point.

AustinChief
02-13-2012, 08:52 PM

People have been very pissed off at me when I've refused to agree with their interpretations of things like whether the Bush administration lied us into war or whether waterboarding is torture, for example. They didn't fuck with me in the way that AustinChief did, at least partly because they didn't have that power. They only had the power of their words (and lots of namecalling) and in the end they had to let their wrong words stand in opposition to my right words for the world to judge (or ignore, whatever the case may be). BTW, I've survived being called a liar many times and the fact that I wasn't able to censor them as punishment never left me damaged.

Just to be clear.. it wasn't the liar accusation that bothered me so much.. I also didn't expect an apology. What DID bother me was how he refused to deal with it.. instead trying to bury it by making long garbage posts with no true content... instead hoping that pure volume of crap would make it go away. I wasn't going to let it go.

You seem to be implying this was a difference of opinion or somehow related to different beliefs. It is not. Its him making a patently FALSE statement. (here is a clear example of a lie on Orange's part) and being forced to own up to it.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I think he is referencing the fact that Orange changed my quoted post to read "a number I pulled out of my ass".

Yeah, no one was confused about that coming from you and the fact that he added text to the quote isn't the reason you started fucking with him.

And it wasn't "some" vindicating evidence, it was cut and dried. He was 100% wrong and wouldn't own up in the least. And don't pretend I was avoiding any part of Orange's argument. that is after the fact bullshit. Orange tried to change the subject when I called him out. I was no longer willing to "play" until he owned up.. that is when he dredged up posts from days before that had no bearing on the singular point we were at this time discussing.

Your $15 amount was fine, but it's questionable about how readily available contraception at that price is. He was only 100% wrong on the small point you focused on, not on 100% of his argument. In a grown up discussion/argument, you don't get to dictate the subject matter for both people.

If you see it any other way, you weren't paying attention at all.

Yes, it was abuse of power.. but it was WELL deserved. It had nothing to do with "flipping the gameboard." he was clearly losing the overall debate and was completely out of his depth. It wasn't about the debate anymore, it was about this ONE single point for me... and rather than concede his mistake and move on.. he chose to try to bury it with garbage. I wasn't going to allow it.

It's immature and wrong. That's cut and dried.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Just to be clear.. it wasn't the liar accusation that bothered me so much.. I also didn't expect an apology. What DID bother me was how he refused to deal with it.. instead trying to bury it by making long garbage posts with no true content... instead hoping that pure volume of crap would make it go away. I wasn't going to let it go.

You seem to be implying this was a difference of opinion or somehow related to different beliefs. It is not. Its him making a patently FALSE statement. (here is a clear example of a lie on Orange's part) and being forced to own up to it.

What was his lie?

KC native
02-13-2012, 08:58 PM

ROFL I live in your head bitch.

AustinChief
02-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Yeah, no one was confused about that coming from you and the fact that he added text to the quote isn't the reason you started fucking with him.

This is true but I was just attempting to explain what D2112 may have been referencing.

Your $15 amount was fine, but it's questionable about how readily available contraception at that price is. He was only 100% wrong on the small point you focused on, not on 100% of his argument. In a grown up discussion/argument, you don't get to dictate the subject matter for both people.

No, there is ZERO question about it. AND if he were willing to own up and argue THAT point, I'd have been fine. It isn't even the number itself that is at issue.. It's the fact that he claimed I pulled it out of ass. Which CLEARLY 100% UNEQUIVOCALLY was not the case. Period. And he would not admit that he was wrong in saying so. I ceased to care about his other bullshit until he owned up on that. At which point he had two legit choices.. refuse to argue anymore and ignore me or own up. He chose to spew garbage and I wouldn't allow it.

It's immature and wrong. That's cut and dried.

Immature.. maybe. Wrong.. not in the least.

(btw, he was wrong on his entire argument but that had nothing to do with this singular issue.. again, you either weren't following along at the time or you're just being contrary because you are completely misrepresenting the timbre of the debate at this point)

AustinChief
02-13-2012, 09:04 PM
What was his lie?

Claiming I pulled a number out of my ass. It was not a lie in that he purposely meant to deceive.. but it was a lie in that he make up an assumption about my knowledge and tried to pass it off as fact.

Will you at least admit it was dead wrong of him to make the accusation that I made up the numbers?

patteeu
02-13-2012, 09:18 PM
This is true but I was just attempting to explain what D2112 may have been referencing.

No, there is ZERO question about it. AND if he were willing to own up and argue THAT point, I'd have been fine. It isn't even the number itself that is at issue.. It's the fact that he claimed I pulled it out of ass. Which CLEARLY 100% UNEQUIVOCALLY was not the case. Period. And he would not admit that he was wrong in saying so. I ceased to care about his other bullshit until he owned up on that. At which point he had two legit choices.. refuse to argue anymore and ignore me or own up. He chose to spew garbage and I wouldn't allow it.

Immature.. maybe. Wrong.. not in the least.

(btw, he was wrong on his entire argument but that had nothing to do with this singular issue.. again, you either weren't following along at the time or you're just being contrary because you are completely misrepresenting the timbre of the debate at this point)

I'm sticking with immature and wrong. You can dismiss my criticism as just being contrary if it helps you sleep at night, but there's really no excuse for what you did. If you really believed that he was 100% wrong and you were 100% right, you'd have owned him with words instead of the delete key.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Claiming I pulled a number out of my ass. It was not a lie in that he purposely meant to deceive.. but it was a lie in that he make up an assumption about my knowledge and tried to pass it off as fact.

Will you at least admit it was dead wrong of him to make the accusation that I made up the numbers?

That's not a lie. That's an accusation. How the hell can he possibly have known where you came up with your number one way or the other? And even though you've now come up with evidence that the number is reasonable, we still don't know for sure that you didn't pull the number out of your ass initially only to find support for it after the fact. I don't believe that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. In any event, that's not a lie. You kind of admit that, but not really (much like Orange admitted he was wrong, but not in the direct, unambiguous, prominent way that you demanded).

He acknowledged that you got the number right. You just didn't like the way he did it. He shouldn't have to grovel and respond the way you demand just because you're the big chief here.

Phobia
02-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Are you suggesting that somebody posted a call-to-arms in the mod forum?

You think I run around checking it? Nah. I'll generally respond to a complaint to determine its legitimacy.

stevieray
02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
pretty sure if you walked into work, were confronted by your boss about lying, and wouldn't own up to it....it wouldn't end well.

horn, bull, etc...

AustinChief
02-13-2012, 09:37 PM
He acknowledged that you got the number right. You just didn't like the way he did it. He shouldn't have to grovel and respond the way you demand just because you're the big chief here.
He only made that half assed acknowledgment after I had started to force the issue and even then only did so by BURYING it 2/3rds of the way into a garbage post. That was crap and you know it. I didn't ask for groveling.. I asked for him to admit he was wrong to make a false accusation. That's all. He chose the cowardly path of trying to bury the subject and change the topic... I sunk to his level and don't regret it. I have already admitted I didn't take the higher ground.

Also, you didn't answer my other question.. Will you at least admit it was dead wrong of him to make the accusation that I made up the numbers?

La literatura
02-13-2012, 09:39 PM
pretty sure if you walked into work, were confronted by your boss about lying, and wouldn't own up to it....it wouldn't end well.

horn, bull, etc...

Pretty sure if this forum was operated on a standard of workplace professionalism, no one would come to this forum. We come here because we're all trying to escape from doing actual work.

go bowe
02-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure if this forum was operated on a standard of workplace professionalism, no one would come to this forum. We come here because we're all trying to escape from doing actual work.

speak for yourself sonny... :skip:

Taco John
02-14-2012, 01:11 AM
This thread demonstrates why I generally avoid the politics forum (for the most part) on the Orange Mane. Occasionally, I drop in. But I come to a forum where I have no power to abuse to get my political fix.

Der Flöprer
02-14-2012, 01:26 AM
This thread demonstrates why I generally avoid the politics forum (for the most part) on the Orange Mane. Occasionally, I drop in. But I come to a forum where I have no power to abuse to get my political fix.

Is your board more liberal oriented being in Denver? One thing that fascinates me on Facebook is reading comments posted on Seattles news page vs. KC's on the same story. People react completely differently sometimes and it's amusing.

|Zach|
02-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Kind of a bitch move imo but oh well...his universe...whatcha gonna do.

Taco John
02-14-2012, 01:51 AM
Is your board more liberal oriented being in Denver? One thing that fascinates me on Facebook is reading comments posted on Seattles news page vs. KC's on the same story. People react completely differently sometimes and it's amusing.

I'd say there's a pretty good balance there. Plenty of liberals to be sure, but some conservatives too.

stevieray
02-14-2012, 02:53 AM
speak for yourself sonny...

hell would freeze over.

Bill Parcells
02-14-2012, 05:01 AM
Are you suggesting that somebody posted a call-to-arms in the mod forum?

I'm suggesting there's a ''hey, check this thread out'' thread in the mod forum.

You think I run around checking it? Nah. I'll generally respond to a complaint to determine its legitimacy.

I would hope not. that would be a poor reflection on you.

And henceforth the new name ''Vagina Planet''. lol who has complained about being neg repped? Im gonna neg rep them right now.

Phobia
02-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm suggesting there's a ''hey, check this thread out'' thread in the mod forum.

You're mistaken.

patteeu
02-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Also, you didn't answer my other question.. Will you at least admit it was dead wrong of him to make the accusation that I made up the numbers?

Wrong? He was incorrect, if that's what you mean. He's admitted as much.

As for whether it was wrong for him to call you out like that in the first place, I'd say that he was operating within the accepted standards we have here. He challenged your veracity. It happens all the time here. He didn't prevent you from proving him wrong. I don' have a problem with what he did just like I don't have a problem with BucEyedPea telling people that I'm a progressive, neocon, socialist with war-mongering tendancies. I let my own posts speak for me.

Phobia
02-14-2012, 08:15 AM
Wrong? He was incorrect, if that's what you mean. He's admitted as much.

As for whether it was wrong for him to call you out like that in the first place, I'd say that he was operating within the accepted standards we have here. He challenged your veracity. It happens all the time here. He didn't prevent you from proving him wrong. I don' have a problem with what he did just like I don't have a problem with BucEyedPea telling people that I'm a progressive, neocon, socialist with war-mongering tendancies. I let my own posts speak for me.

I'm pretty sure AC's entire issue is with the guy calling him a liar.

HonestChieffan
02-14-2012, 08:52 AM
Can we start a "Bring Orange Back" Movement yet?

patteeu
02-14-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure AC's entire issue is with the guy calling him a liar.

Yeah, I get that. That's why I mentioned it in the post you quoted. The part I don't get is how such an unremarkable insult could make him lose his cool like he did.

Saul Good
02-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Just read through 15 pages and have nothing to add other than to note that pat has absolutely owned this thread.

dirk digler
02-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Where is Orange btw? Did he get banned?

Saul Good
02-14-2012, 09:51 AM

He wasn't deleted, just edited.

Radar Chief
02-14-2012, 10:08 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaPysXyndJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass
02-14-2012, 10:36 AM
ROFL I live in your head bitch.

You and 30 of your relatives.

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2012, 01:12 PM

I believe that he has chosen not to post within the conditional arrangement that he has been offered. Personally, I'd like to see the arrangement that has been offered removed entirely.

Even if orange never sees the offer for him to return unconditionally, I think everyone here is capable of drawing his own conclusions based on the words and actions of the parties involved.

dirk digler
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I believe that he has chosen not to post within the conditional arrangement that he has been offered. Personally, I'd like to see the arrangement that has been offered removed entirely.

Even if orange never sees the offer for him to return unconditionally, I think everyone here is capable of drawing his own conclusions based on the words and actions of the parties involved.

Thanks I guess it would have helped to have read the entire thread.

I am with you Orange should be allowed to come back without having to grovel.

FD
02-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Agreed.

Direckshun
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM

What did I miss?

What was the conditional arrangement?

patteeu
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
What did I miss?

What was the conditional arrangement?

I think it's arguably already been removed, although maybe not clearly so.

When Orange and AustinChief got into this dustup, AustinChief started deleting large sections of Orange posts and insisting that he wouldn't allow Orange to speak until he first admitted that he was wrong about saying that AC had pulled a number out of his ass. IIRC, AC only censored a couple of Orange's posts before he stopped doing it, which is what I mean when I say that the conditional arrangement has "already been removed".

Orange was never banned or forced to leave, but initially he was told that he wouldn't be allowed to use his voice until the condition was met. As far as I know, AC has no intention of continuing to edit/censor Orange's posts, but he also hasn't indicated any remorse (he did admit it might be immature) or given any assurance that it won't happen again, which is what I meant when I said "arguably" and "maybe not clearly so".

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2012, 02:14 PM
What pat said.

Also, it appears that at one time he could have gotten off with a simple admission that AC posted factual info and that orange was wrong in saying that AC pulled the numbers out of his ass.

He may also have been required to tell AC that he sucks.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=8366143&postcount=302

dirk digler
02-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I think it's arguably already been removed, although maybe not clearly so.

When Orange and AustinChief got into this dustup, AustinChief started deleting large sections of Orange posts and insisting that he wouldn't allow Orange to speak until he first admitted that he was wrong about saying that AC had pulled a number out of his ass. IIRC, AC only censored a couple of Orange's posts before he stopped doing it, which is what I mean when I say that the conditional arrangement has "already been removed".

Orange was never banned or forced to leave, but initially he was told that he wouldn't be allowed to use his voice until the condition was met. As far as I know, AC has no intention of continuing to edit/censor Orange's posts, but he also hasn't indicated any remorse (he did admit it might be immature) or given any assurance that it won't happen again, which is what I meant when I said "arguably" and "maybe not clearly so".

I think Kyle needs to clarify then because the way I read this post he is not letting him back in until he apologizes.

Direckshun
02-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Ha.

That is a classic case of mod abuse.

How many times have people been wrong on this board?

Happens all the time. When you're posting in real time about fluid events, it's inevitable.

No need to get all bent out of shape about it and start censoring posts. Christ. Just handle it like the rest of us do.

Or like Pete does, and throw a shitfit and/or disappear.

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Ha.

That is a classic case of mod abuse...

Maybe, but let's be fair. orange went ****ing apeshit and was pissing through the bars. Orange didn't give AC any reason to back off the hoses.

vailpass
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Ha.

That is a classic case of mod abuse.

How many times have people been wrong on this board?

Happens all the time. When you're posting in real time about fluid events, it's inevitable.

No need to get all bent out of shape about it and start censoring posts. Christ. Just handle it like the rest of us do.

Or like Pete does, and throw a shitfit and/or disappear.

Mess with the Bull you get the horns.

Direckshun
02-14-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe, but let's be fair. orange went ****ing apeshit and was pissing through the bars. Orange didn't give AC any reason to back off the hoses.

Well I'm outside the situation so I don't know all the facts.

I remember Hamas editing my shit in the Mock Draft a couple years ago and I shat all over him.

I was probably excessive. But undue asshattery does that to people.

Direckshun
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Mess with the Bull you get the horns.

Mess with the vailpass, you get the ARM FLOATIES.

HonestChieffan
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna propose we band together in unity. Join me in silent protest and swear off Sloe Gin till we return to normalcy.

vailpass
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Well I'm outside the situation so I don't know all the facts.

I remember Hamas editing my shit in the Mock Draft a couple years ago and I shat all over him.

I was probably excessive. But undue asshattery does that to people.

You are one bad mofo.

blaise
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Was orange just spazzing out or what? I didn't read the thread in question.

vailpass
02-14-2012, 03:19 PM

Being his usual prick self. Called Austin Chief a liar then, when confronted with facts, refused to recant the insult and admit he was in the wrong. Instead he followed his m.o. of subterfuge and prevarication all the while acting indignant.

Same shit he does with everyone else except this time he did it with the head of the Ways & Means Committee.

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2012, 03:34 PM

It's all in BEP's archives. We're not going to repeat it over and over. Look it up. Use the search function. Ask the people she eats with, you flying lying neocon Tory mercantilist monkey.

ClevelandBronco
02-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd like to formally apologize to blaise for telling him to use the search function.

blaise
02-14-2012, 03:48 PM
I'd like to formally apologize to blaise for telling him to use the search function.

I thought about it, but orange doesn't generally say anything funny enough to make me bother reading through 12 pages of bickering with another poster.

I'll just assume it was more or less:

Maybe AustinChief should try LOOKING AT THE FACTS!

(insert HuffPost link)

and stop trying to MAKE THINGS UP!

ROFL ROFL

(insert text pasted from HuffPost)

Is that a good enough answer for you AustinChief , or do you need it SPELLED OUT IN CAPS?

ROFL LMAO

Direckshun
02-15-2012, 12:20 AM
I've said this before, but I'm continually amused you guys mock him for posting shit from HuffPo consistently, yet jumped all over my shorts when I chide Pete for copy-and-pasting the Drudge Report.

blaise
02-15-2012, 07:01 AM
I've said this before, but I'm continually amused you guys mock him for posting shit from HuffPo consistently, yet jumped all over my shorts when I chide Pete for copy-and-pasting the Drudge Report.

Two sides to that coin there, all star.

Phobia
02-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Two sides to that coin there, all star.

I think that's his point.

blaise
02-15-2012, 07:16 AM
I think that's his point.

His point was that other people are hypocritical, not himself.

Chocolate Hog
03-06-2012, 04:28 AM
So did Orange leave Chiefsplanet?

La literatura
03-06-2012, 05:52 AM
So did Orange leave Chiefsplanet?

Yes. He was Aliniskynized.

Gary
03-06-2012, 07:48 AM
http://i.qkme.me/af.jpg

HonestChieffan
03-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Bring Orange back. He is a valuable poster.

blaise
03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Is he banned or just so mad that he never came back?