PDA

View Full Version : News Jason Whitlock apologizes for racist tweet.

Fritz88
02-12-2012, 03:14 PM
It was funny. ROFL

Fox Sports’ Jason Whitlock apologized for an insensitive-at-best, and racist-at-worst, tweet about Knicks guard Jeremy Lin, which Whitlock posted after Lin’s 38-point performance against the Knicks on Friday.

In a thinly-veiled reference to a stereotype about Asian men, Whitlock tweeted, “Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight.”

On Saturday, the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) demanded an apology from Jason Whitlock regarding an offensive tweet he made about Knicks guard Jeremy Lin. (AP Photo)
On Saturday, the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) demanded an apology from Whitlock.

The tweet “doesn’t hold up to the conduct of responsible journalists, those in sports or otherwise, who adhere to standards of fairness, civility and good taste. Nor does it meet the standards of Fox Sports, with which you are associated,” the AAJA wrote on its Facebook page. “Outrage doesn’t begin to describe the reaction of the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) to your unnecessary and demeaning tweet.”

Later Saturday, Whitlock, who is black, wrote on FoxSports.com, “I've cried watching Tiger Woods win a major golf championship. Jeremy Lin, for now, is the Tiger Woods of the NBA. I suspect Lin makes Asian Americans feel the way I feel when I watch Tiger play golf.

“I should've realized that Friday night when I watched Lin torch the Lakers. For Asian Americans and a lot of sports fans, his nationally televised 38-point outburst was the equivalent of Tiger's first victory in The Masters. I got caught up in the excitement. I tweeted about what a great story Lin is and how he could rival Tim Tebow.

“I then gave in to another part of my personality — my immature, sophomoric, comedic nature.”
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-02-12/jason-whitlock-apologizes-for-offensive-jeremy-lin-tweet

Epic Fail 007
02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
He dose not mean it.Everyone knows hes racist.

whoman69
02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
anybody else sends it, its hilarious.

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Without definitive photographic evidence, it's really impossible to know if it was racism or journalism.

milkman
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
He was just jealous that Linn was going to get his dick wet.

Huffman83
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
Nice.

kysirsoze
02-12-2012, 03:32 PM
I imagine that the people who's job it is to monitor the media and make a big deal about these things are boring/annoying as fuck.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-12-2012, 03:34 PM
What would his reaction be if a white journalist offered a racist tweet about his race? (and not about penis size)

kysirsoze
02-12-2012, 03:35 PM
What would his reaction be if a white journalist offered a racist tweet about his race?

Judging from his Twitter feed, I honestly think if it was funny he would laugh.

Brock
02-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Whitlock hasn't seen his own dick since the 5th grade.

bluehawkdoc
02-12-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, he thought he had grown his first pubic hair until he urinated from it...

KCUnited
02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Whitlock is Fuzzy Zoeller in his Tiger comparison.

CoMoChief
02-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Whitlock hasn't seen his own dick since the 5th grade.

was just gonna post this LOL.

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Whitlock is a suspected racist anyway. Next time he posts something that he's up in arms about regarding the black/fat community, we can just refer to this article and say, "hey people make mistakes".
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Those Asian journalists sure are defensive about small penis jokes.

FAX
02-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Whitlock is the most racist bastard to ever tweet a vile aspersion. The fact that Lin is a filthy Chinaman makes it okay, though.

FAX

Donger
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
He's wrong anyway. Everyone knows all Asians are homosexual. Therefore, it should have been: "Some lucky guy in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight.”

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Knicks guard Jeremy Lin, which Whitlock posted after Lin’s 38-point performance against the Knicks?

FAX
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM
@peter_venkman
Yes, it's true – this man has no dick.

FAX

Donger
02-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Also, I'd like to know why there are two Asian American Journalists Associations.

blaise
02-12-2012, 04:11 PM
anybody else sends it, its hilarious.

He has no one to blame but himself. He's used the racial issue to his advantage many times. Turnabout is fair play.

Besides weren't you the guy claiming racism just because someone made a joke about Puerto Ricans having names that end in Z?

DeezNutz
02-12-2012, 04:12 PM
Imus is doing a show about this tomorrow.

KCUnited
02-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Blasian people problems.

KC Tattoo
02-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Those Asian journalists sure are defensive about small penis jokes.

Truth hurts...

BIG_DADDY
02-12-2012, 04:26 PM
It only would have mattered if a white dude had said it. That being the case they would have called for his head.

Marcellus
02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Classic Whitlock hypocrisy.

FAX
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Truth hurts...

Actually, this Jap girl I know says you can't even feel it.

FAX

Donger
02-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Actually, this Jap girl I know says you can't even feel it.

FAX

What she's not telling you is that all Japanese women have enormous vaginas.

Inmem58
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Jason is a fucking douche.

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 04:47 PM
He's wrong anyway. Everyone knows all Asians are homosexual. Therefore, it should have been: "Some lucky guy in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight.”
How you doin? Wourd you rike to hook up rater fo some flied lice and butt sex? I rove you rong time!
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
02-12-2012, 04:49 PM
That's.......kind of funny. ROFL

Grow a sense of humor. JFC

Pioli Zombie
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Lins girlfriend sucked him off. An hour later she was hungry again.

scho63
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
His Chinese name is Lin Pin Dong

Extra Point
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Read it again: that was no apology.

Pioli Zombie
02-12-2012, 05:19 PM
How long does he keep it up for? Oh, tenfifteen minutes.

FAX
02-12-2012, 05:37 PM
What she's not telling you is that all Japanese women have enormous vaginas.

No doubt, the reason she introduced herself to me down at the concrete pond.

FAX

DenverDanChiefsFan
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
@peter_venkman
Yes, it's true – this man has no dick.

FAX

LOL - who you gonna call?

Okie_Apparition
02-12-2012, 05:55 PM
It's Fox
It's geared toward racists anyway

WhiteWhale
02-12-2012, 06:11 PM
There is a lot of projection going on here.

SuperChief
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Headline reads:

"AAJA asks for apology, Whitlock begs 'forgiveness, prease'"

gblowfish
02-12-2012, 06:36 PM
If anybody would know what it like to have a tiny pud, it's fatlock.

FAX
02-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Why should Whitlock care about what a bunch of dickless Chinamen think, anyhow?

FAX

Chiefs Pantalones
02-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Why does watching an African American play golf make Whitlock happy? It doesn't make me happy to watch a white guy play football or basketball. There's so much insecurity in people that are racist like Whitlock it's hilarious.

FAX
02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Why does watching an African American play golf make Whitlock happy? It doesn't make me happy to watch a white guy play football or basketball. There's so much insecurity in people that are racist like Whitlock it's hilarious.

I think it's because the golf club symbolizes the phallus.

FAX

KCUnited
02-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Dim sum fightin' words.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-12-2012, 07:01 PM
I think it's because the golf club symbolizes the phallus.

FAX

LMAO

IMO people like Whitlock that scream racism are the ones that are racist.

WhiteWhale
02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
LMAO

IMO people like Whitlock that scream racism are the ones that are racist.

I know right.

I know I know.

"It's different."

Chiefs Pantalones
02-12-2012, 07:14 PM
I know right.

I know I know.

"It's different."

OJ didn't do it

Gonzo
02-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Dim sum fightin' words.

Ohhhhh I c wha u did thar.
Posted via Mobile Device

Count Zarth
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Most entertaining thing Whitlock has written in awhile.

chiefzilla1501
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Funny stuff. But for those saying this is harmless, remember that this is the guy who stood in front of the line with pitchforks when Imus made comments about "nappy headed hos" and Rush made comments about the media wanting black QBs to do well. The comments wouldn't be a big deal if not for the fact that it shows what a hypocrite he is.

BigRock
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Funny stuff. But for those saying this is harmless, remember that this is the guy who stood in front of the line with pitchforks when Imus made comments about "nappy headed hos"
If by "stood at the front of the line with pitchforks" you mean "called Imus irrelevant and ripped Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for making a big deal out of it", then yeah, that was him.

T-post Tom
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
DREW BLEDSOE IS GAY!

http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/jason2whitlock.jpg

ClevelandBronco
02-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Read it again: that was no apology.

You're right. The story is incorrect.

But IMO he doesn't owe anyone an apology.

chiefzilla1501
02-12-2012, 07:57 PM
If by "stood at the front of the line with pitchforks" you mean "called Imus irrelevant and ripped Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for making a big deal out of it", then yeah, that was him.

Interesting. I remembered it differently. Thanks for calling that out.

Saul Good
02-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I think I remember Whitlock making a joke about everyone running to interview him after the Imus thing went down because he was the black guy saying it was no big deal.

DeezNutz
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM

I could be misremembering, too, but I thought JWhit's point about Sharpton and Jackson was that the two are essentially profiteers who vulture such incidents, thus perpetuating a problem while not exploring or advocating a solution.

BigRock
02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
I think his big point re: Imus was that rappers call women bitches and advocate violence and nary a word is said by black leaders like Jesse and Al. But an old white guy on the radio makes a tasteless joke and they're holding press conferences and protesting outside his studio.

His Lin tweet was funny, but it boggles the mind that someone who wants to have credibility in discussions on racial topics would be that stupid. And that "apology" is weak sauce on toast. He should have just tweeted "ME SO SORRY. ME LOVE LIN LONG TIME".

Lbedrock1
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Whitlock is a suspected racist anyway. Next time he posts something that he's up in arms about regarding the black/fat community, we can just refer to this article and say, "hey people make mistakes".
Posted via Mobile Device

I dont think Whitlock likes black people either, he has said some racist things about blacks. If you are Asian and you are hung i say dont get mad go slap him with and prove him wrong.

Lbedrock1
02-12-2012, 08:27 PM
I think his big point re: Imus was that rappers call women bitches and advocate violence and nary a word is said by black leaders like Jesse and Al. But an old white guy on the radio makes a tasteless joke and they're holding press conferences and protesting outside his studio.

His Lin tweet was funny, but it boggles the mind that someone who wants to have credibility in discussions on racial topics would be that stupid. And that "apology" is weak sauce on toast. He should have just tweeted "ME SO SORRY. ME LOVE LIN LONG TIME".

Now that was funny I dont care who you are. Look the problem we have in this country about race is to many use it to hurt people. I have heard some white comedians say some stuff that had me cracking up, but had someone on the street said the same thing i would have cracked them over the head. I really like people and have grown up with and met some people of different races that are like family to me, but i know their heart and they mean no one any harm. They could say some things to me that i would try to put others in the hospital for only because i would feel like they are intentionally trying to hurt me.

KCTitus
02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I love Jason's humor...it's when he tries to get serious, that I lose him.

Funny...and he got some major pub for this.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 08:54 PM

Tiger Woods is more Asian (50%) than he is African American (25%).

milkman
02-12-2012, 09:06 PM

His mother was Asian, his father African-American.

How does that work?

FAX
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM

I believe the term is Murato.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. The issue here is dicks. (Which, by the way, raises an interesting issue.) Chink dick may be small, but Chink dick is, apparently, effective, for there are billions of Chinks - many of whom sport Chink dick. However, the Chink government doesn't want lots of Chink chicks and encourages Chinks to have male Chink children with Chink dick. They even punish Chink dick that makes Chink chick. This accounts for the vast number of Chinks with Chink dick. Now, this may mean that the Chink government believes that more Chink dick is necessary due to the fact that Chink dick only comes in one size; Mr. Taco John. Or, it may mean that Chink dick tends to make Chink chick and not more Chink dick which may support the tiny Chink dick argument. Either way, it has nothing to do with golf.

FAX

KCtotheSB
02-12-2012, 09:12 PM
http://youtu.be/RrAHtjt2cqQ

EDIT: Embed not working.

stonedstooge
02-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I believe the term is Murato.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. The issue here is dicks. (Which, by the way, raises an interesting issue.) Chink dick may be small, but Chink dick is, apparently, effective, for there are billions of Chinks - many of whom sport Chink dick. However, the Chink government doesn't want lots of Chink chicks and encourages Chinks to have male Chink children with Chink dick. They even punish Chink dick that makes Chink chick. This accounts for the vast number of Chinks with Chink dick. Now, this may mean that the Chink government believes that more Chink dick is necessary due to the fact that Chink dick only comes in one size; Mr. Taco John. Or, it may mean that Chink dick tends to make Chink chick and not more Chink dick which may support the tiny Chink dick argument. Either way, it has nothing to do with golf.

FAX

JFC Mr. FAX the Chink penile whisperer ROFL

patteeu
02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
His mother was Asian, his father African-American.

How does that work?

Both his father and mother have some Asian in their ancestry according to Tiger's wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods):

Woods was born Eldrick Tont Woods in Cypress, California, to Earl (1932–2006) and Kultida (Tida) Woods (born 1944). He is the only child of their marriage, but does have two half-brothers, Earl Jr. (born 1955) and Kevin (born 1957), and a half-sister, Royce (born 1958) from the 18-year marriage of Earl Woods and his first wife, Barbara Woods Gray.[13] Earl, a retired lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese, and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand (where Earl had met her on a tour of duty in 1968), is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.[14] He refers to his ethnic make-up as "Cablinasian" (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, American Indian, and Asian).[15]

Setsuna
02-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Dude is an idiot! You say that at an intimate gathering. What a joke sportscasting and sports reporting in general has become. Who will come up with the best one liners? Who can skirt the line between right and stupid? Whitlock failed on both fronts.

FAX
02-12-2012, 11:35 PM

So ... the other 25% is dick?

FAX

Otter
02-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Does Whitlock have any idea what his penis even looks like? Pretty sure it could have a Leprechaun head growing out of it and he wouldn't know.

Pioli Zombie
02-13-2012, 04:31 AM
Lin to the ladies "Hey, do you have a little asian in you?" "No" "would you like to?"

KILLER_CLOWN
02-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Racist Tweet apologizes for Whitlock would have been better, and I like a lot of Whitlocks' columns until he inserts the race card where not applicable.

frankotank
02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
It only would have mattered if a white dude had said it. That being the case they would have called for his head.

exactly! everybody knows only white people can be racist!

boogblaster
02-13-2012, 08:50 AM
i hurti wu poki-hole ......