PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Clash of the Sitcoms: Round 5 Mercy Poll.

Rain Man
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Ten come in, one comes out. Who will move on to Round 6 at the end of this wrestling battle royale?

You only get to vote for one, so read carefully, consider all possible answers, and fill in the circle completely with a No. 2 pencil.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_5t0_4JAubww/S6VLnOqx8RI/AAAAAAAAAs8/7h-T9mzxYL4/s640/WrestleMania_02_-_Battle_Royal_01.jpg

Rain Man
02-12-2012, 06:30 PM
I love a lot of these shows, but I can't vote for anything other than Barney Miller. Dietrich is my hero.

Apologies to (in order) News Radio, The Drew Carey Show, The Big Bang Theory, and The Wonder Years.

SuperChief
02-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Sheesh . . . really tough to choose between some of these. It came down to Scrubs v. Family Guy for me - ended up going with Family Guy. Seth McFarlane's blown up in the industry for a reason.

KurtCobain
02-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Look at what you fuckers have done. This is sick. I have to retract my vote for bbt because you nasty hoes want to pick fucking taxi over Family Guy. Who raised you monsters?

rip sheldon, leonard and penny
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
02-12-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm worried that News Radio and Barney Miller will split the "intelligent humor" vote, opening the door up for Family Guy. Let's hope that Beavis and Butthead peels off enough of the "I like testicle jokes" vote from Family Guy to let News Radio or Barney Miller pass it.

Gadzooks
02-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I went with The Big Bang Theory.
Scrubs and Barney Miller were close.
It was tough but I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing I made the correct choice.

patteeu
02-12-2012, 06:55 PM
If write-ins were allowed, I'd vote for Curb Your Enthusiasm. Since they're not, Barney Miller is a pretty easy choice for me here.

Predarat
02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
This is one tough vote, wow alot of good solid shows will be heading to the golf course.

Easy 6
02-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Thats right all you Julius Geezers...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oYqB0m4XYRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ILChief
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
This should be Andy Griffith and it shouldn't be close

cdcox
02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Go Barney, Go Barney

Zebedee DuBois
02-12-2012, 08:24 PM
I, like all right thinking individuals, voted for Barney Miller

Easy 6
02-12-2012, 08:30 PM

You Barney fans must be 50 & above, i remember accidentally watching it a few times as a, maybe, 5-10 year old, briefly glancing up when Vigoda said something, with his naturally comical face... but other than that, it was just too staid to capture my young attention.

But the bright side is, that all you old people, though slow and dangerous behind the wheel, CAN serve a purpose!:D

Reaper16
02-12-2012, 08:31 PM
The top vote getters are Family Guy and The Big Bang Theory. Atrocious taste, Planet. Atrocious.

Chiefspants
02-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Easily Newsradio, the chemistry of the cast and the flow of each episode were beyond incredible, and it also featured Phil Hartman in his heyday, (RIP Phil, you took this show to another level.) Come on, Chiefsplanet, Family Guy cannot win here.

DomerNKC
02-12-2012, 09:52 PM
Look at what you ****ers have done. This is sick. I have to retract my vote for bbt because you nasty hoes want to pick ****ing taxi over Family Guy. Who raised you monsters?

rip sheldon, leonard and penny
Posted via Mobile DeviceFamily guy sux. Cartoons are for children.

Miles
02-12-2012, 10:11 PM
Easily Newsradio, the chemistry of the cast and the flow of each episode were beyond incredible, and it also featured Phil Hartman in his heyday, (RIP Phil, you took this show to another level.) Come on, Chiefsplanet, Family Guy cannot win here.

Newsradio is seriously underrated. Easily up there with Seinfeld for 90's comedies.

Pitt Gorilla
02-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Since the polls began, I've been watching old Barney Miller episodes online. I've hit the point that I don't think I can watch any more. While there are some funny moments, the strangely-incessant laugh track and mostly un-funny moments have made it un-watchable. What am I missing?

suzzer99
02-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Come on NewsRadio!

-King-
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Big Bang Theory has 16 votes and Cosby show has 5.

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Guru
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm worried that News Radio and Barney Miller will split the "intelligent humor" vote, opening the door up for Family Guy. Let's hope that Beavis and Butthead peels off enough of the "I like testicle jokes" vote from Family Guy to let News Radio or Barney Miller pass it.

no kidding. I can't believe Barney Miller made it to the chopping block already. I expected it to make it all the way to the end.

Guru
02-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Family guy sux. Cartoons are for children.

absofrigginlutely

Rain Man
02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Since the polls began, I've been watching old Barney Miller episodes online. I've hit the point that I don't think I can watch any more. While there are some funny moments, the strangely-incessant laugh track and mostly un-funny moments have made it un-watchable. What am I missing?

You don't like Dietrich's ultra-dry wit? The interplay between Wojo and Harris? Yemana's deadpan observations? Have you seen the episode with the time traveler yet? One of the best sitcom episodes ever.

One of my favorite Barney Miller moments was when they arrested a guy who was trying to rob a bank. He had attempted to fire a bazooka through the bank vault door, which accomplished nothing but making him very hard of hearing.

When they brought him in, he was saying, "It was so loud. I had no idea how loud it would be?" Then he looked at Wojo and said, "Have you ever heard a bazooka?"

Wojo said, "Yeah. I was a marine. I fired a bazooka in Vietman."

The robber said, "Oh, sure. Outside."

MagicHef
02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I was planning on voting for whatever I needed to to make sure The Big Bang Theory didn't move on, but Beavis and Butthead? No. I abstain, I guess. Or, I may as well just throw my vote away on a good show.

Rain Man
02-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I was planning on voting for whatever I needed to to make sure The Big Bang Theory didn't move on, but Beavis and Butthead? No. I abstain, I guess. Or, I may as well just throw my vote away on a good show.

Vote for Barney Miller or News Radio, please.

MagicHef
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Vote for Barney Miller or News Radio, please.

Yeah, I voted for News Radio.

Chiefspants
02-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Newsradio is seriously underrated. Easily up there with Seinfeld for 90's comedies.

One of the major reasons it's relatively unknown is likely due NBC's constant disagreements with the writers of the show. The network moved the show's timeslot eleven times throughout its run, (according to Wikipedia.)

MagicHef
02-12-2012, 11:48 PM

I just realized that this doesn't make sense. Replace Beavis & Butthead with Family Guy. I got my cartoons mixed up.

rico
02-12-2012, 11:51 PM
Ugh......Family Guy. Talk about an overrated show. I don't think there is anyone who "grinds my gears" (DERP!) worse than anything affiliated with Seth Macfarlane.

It was between Beavis and Butthead and Wonder Years for me. I chose Beavis and Butthead. If Family Guy ever gets matched with South Park and wins, that will be total bs.

oldman
02-13-2012, 05:39 AM

Indeed.

Infidel Goat
02-13-2012, 07:04 AM
I just voted Barney Miller because it is in second place--and I think Family Guy is undeserving of moving on. I would have voted for News Radio over Barney Miller, but I don't like News Radio's rally odds at this point.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Sheesh . . . really tough to choose between some of these. It came down to Scrubs v. Family Guy for me - ended up going with Family Guy. Seth McFarlane's blown up in the industry for a reason.

This.

Beavis and butthead was 3rd though.

Amnorix
02-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Barney, Barney, BARNEY!!!

Dartgod
02-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Cartoons should have been excluded from this contest.

patteeu
02-13-2012, 08:08 AM
At this point, I don't think there are enough sober Planeteers with decent senses of humor left to overcome Family Guy's lead. All is lost.

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Man. If I had known that Family Guy would win this, I wouldn't have had a mercy poll this round.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Man. If I had known that Family Guy would win this, I wouldn't have had a mercy poll this round.

Let the hate flow through you.....

Hydrae
02-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I wanted to vote for Barney but had to go with the more modern Big Bang Theory, easily my favorite sitcom currently. (My favorite all around right now is Person of Interest)

Rausch
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
At this point, I don't think there are enough sober Planeteers with decent senses of humor left to overcome Family Guy's lead. All is lost.

I voted Scrubs...

patteeu
02-13-2012, 10:08 AM
I voted Scrubs...

I see nothing wrong with that.

whoman69
02-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Its not even close here, Barney Miller. Greatest ensemble cast ever.

KC Dan
02-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Its not even close here, Barney Miller. Greatest ensemble cast ever.yep but unfortunately with our younger crowd here, charachters must be drawn with a crayon before they understand it

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 10:31 AM
yep but unfortunately with our younger crowd here, charachters must be drawn with a crayon before they understand it

Why would we go back and watch an entire series that ended before I was born?

Do you go back and watch shows from the 30's?

You can't honestly expect us to go back that far and watch that series with the same "OOOO AAHHHHHHHH" feeling that you got when it came out. Why would i? Who would i discuss it with? Either my friends have already seen them all or they don't plan to. 99% of the time they don't plan to.

I'd rather watch something unfold than go back and watch a series full of what i would call "corny" jokes and outdated references.

Too call people stupid for not wanting wasting their time watching outdated series is pretty ridiculous.

KC Dan
02-13-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd rather watch something unfold than go back and watch a series full of what i would call "corny" jokes and outdated references.

Too call people stupid for not wanting wasting their time watching outdated series is pretty ridiculous.
Didn't call people stupid. Juvenile maybe...

Rain Man
02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Okay, I'm calling it. Time of Barney Miller death, 10:53 a.m. Mountain Time. Family Guy moves on.

Dartgod
02-13-2012, 10:55 AM
yep but unfortunately with our younger crowd here, charachters must be drawn with a crayon before they understand itWhy would we go back and watch an entire series that ended before I was born?

Do you go back and watch shows from the 30's?

You can't honestly expect us to go back that far and watch that series with the same "OOOO AAHHHHHHHH" feeling that you got when it came out. Why would i? Who would i discuss it with? Either my friends have already seen them all or they don't plan to. 99% of the time they don't plan to.

Yeah, ya old geezer!!

Oh, wait...

KC Dan
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, ya old geezer!!

Oh, wait...exactly! Amanda in labor now....I'll officially be old later today. :clap:

WV
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
How fucking pathetic is it that Family Guy is winning this heat.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
How ****ing pathetic is it that Family Guy is winning this heat.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oSr49hnwU7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hydrae
02-13-2012, 12:46 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oSr49hnwU7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is one of my bigger complaints about Family Guy. Every show has some bit that they repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat. I swear it is time filler on a show that is only 20 minutes of program in the first place.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 12:50 PM
That is one of my bigger complaints about Family Guy. Every show has some bit that they repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat. I swear it is time filler on a show that is only 20 minutes of program in the first place.

That homemade video is one of your biggest complaints about Family Guy?

Hydrae
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM
That homemade video is one of your biggest complaints about Family Guy?

That video (which I did not watch here at work) sounds like it just takes an existing problem with Family Guy and magnifies it.

Sofa King
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
That video (which I did not watch here at work) sounds like it just takes an existing problem with Family Guy and magnifies it.

Comedy = Existing Problem????

I'm just fucking with you, i see what you're saying.