PDA

View Full Version : Obama Obamas Truth Squads....what a joke

HonestChieffan
02-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Maybe they can bring back that stupid website where Obats could pass on stuff that was negative about the Dear Leader.

(ABC News) — The Obama campaign is today beginning a new effort to enlist and educate at least 2 million supporters for a “grassroots communications team” they’re calling the Truth Team.

“The goal is to ensure that when Republicans attack President Obama’s record, grassroots supporters can take ownership of the campaign and share the facts with the undecided voters in their lives,” the campaign said in a statement.

The teams will be first launched in 13 “swing states,” including Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, Nevada, Ohio and Virginia.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/obama-campaign-launches-truth-teams/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

The rollout also includes a social media blitz, directing supporters to three new websites: KeepingHisWord.com, which highlights Obama’s record and “promises kept”; KeepingGOPHonest.com, which highlights GOP policy positions; and AttackWatch.com, which fact-checks claims made against Obama on the campaign trail.

“If the other guys are going to run a campaign based on misrepresenting the president’s record – and their own – we have two options: sit back and let these lies go unchallenged, or fight back with the truth,” deputy Obama campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said in an email. ”We’re fighting back.”

blaise
02-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Whatever. Naming it the Truth Squad just seems creepy, though.

dirk digler
02-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Great idea because we know people like you lie all the time.

Bewbies
02-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Great idea because we know people like you lie all the time.

And people like Obama don't. Or his "millions" of mind numb robots.

HonestChieffan
02-13-2012, 07:50 AM

Its his new thing. Poor guy has lost his burst.

InChiefsHell
02-13-2012, 07:51 AM
GOP Candidate better be ready. The Obama Machine is going to come out guns blazing like never seen before.

dirk digler
02-13-2012, 07:51 AM

Nope we never do.

blaise
02-13-2012, 07:52 AM
orange is no doubt on the truth squad.

dirk digler
02-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Its his new thing. Poor guy has lost his burst.

I never had a burst

Iowanian
02-13-2012, 08:25 AM
The Obamler Youth

mikey23545
02-13-2012, 09:23 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Radar Chief
02-13-2012, 09:38 AM

I was thinking Orwellian but creepy works too.

BucEyedPea
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM

We live in Oceania, now.

Wonder if they'll report the Constitution supporters as terrorists when they get counter arguments? Wouldn't surprise me. Then send a drone in since Habeas Corpus and Due Process is no longer an option.

BucEyedPea
02-13-2012, 10:15 AM
The Ministry of Truth is being established slowly. With drone back up eventually.

HonestChieffan
02-13-2012, 10:33 AM
From: Stephanie Cutter, BarackObama.com (info@barackobama.com)
Subject: The truth
Date: February 13, 2012 11:53:18 AM EST
To: Drew

Drew –

If we’ve learned anything from the Republican primaries, it’s that this is no ordinary election.

The GOP candidates are spending a huge amount of time attacking President Obama — no surprise. But instead of basing their attacks on our differences of opinion, they’ve chosen to run on claims about his record that just aren’t true.

If the other guys are going to run a campaign based on misrepresenting the President’s record — and their own — we have two options: sit back and let these lies go unchallenged, or fight back with the truth.

We’re fighting back. Today we’re introducing a new resource for grassroots supporters who want to make sure that when voters go to the polls in November, they know the truth — and you should be a part of it.

Will you sign up to be a member of the Truth Team?

The website has three sections to reflect the team’s goals: KeepingHisWord, where we’ll communicate about President Obama’s record and promises kept; AttackWatch, to fight back against false attacks on the President; and KeepingGOPHonest, where we’ll debunk the Republicans’ false claims about their own records.

In short, it’s the grassroots communications team of the Obama 2012 campaign. We’ll provide resources for you to learn everything you need to know and tools to help you share it with undecided voters in your life.

Communicating about the President’s record — and that of our opponents — is what I do full-time. But people don’t just want to hear from campaign statements or ads — they want to hear from the family and friends they trust.

The President needs folks on board to roll up their sleeves, stand with him, and get the truth out all over the country.

So the next time you hear Mitt Romney accusing the President of “crony capitalism” or someone asking, “What has President Obama really accomplished?” you’ll know what to do.

If you’re ready to fight lies with the truth, sign up now:

http://my.barackobama.com/Join-the-Team

Thanks,

Stephanie

Stephanie Cutter
Deputy Campaign Manager
Obama for America

FishingRod
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
So when one makes an accusation regarding someone that is the truth but is only a ½ truth that omits context and the rest of the story and then the other side counters this claim with a ½ truth that omits context and the rest of the story what you have is business as usual.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
So when one makes an accusation regarding someone that is the truth but is only a ½ truth that omits context and the rest of the story and then the other side counters this claim with a ½ truth that omits context and the rest of the story what you have is business as usual.

If this means obama never darkens the door of the White House again I'm all for it.

ClevelandBronco
02-13-2012, 02:12 PM
the pack of assholes running his reelection campaign know their stuff. They understand audience and miscommunication at a frighteningly proficient level. They're going to make the Paulistas look like they've been using the telegraph.

Meanwhile, the mainstream GOP is still trying to figure out Rock the Vote.

blaise
02-13-2012, 02:50 PM
the pack of assholes running his reelection campaign know their stuff. They understand audience and miscommunication at a frighteningly proficient level. They're going to make the Paulistas look like they've been using the telegraph.

Meanwhile, the mainstream GOP is still trying to figure out Rock the Vote.

Michelle Obama probably has three times as many twitter followers than Romney or Newt. The Republicans just don't get it.

LiveSteam
02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/401179_304642449593700_100001438429227_829468_1184157213_n.jpg

BucEyedPea
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
The boyfriend of the oldest Von Trapp daughter in "The Sound of Music" who was a member of Hitler's Youth, blew the whistle on his gf's family when they were tried to escape too. This type of thing reminds me of that.

dirk digler
02-13-2012, 04:53 PM
The boyfriend of the oldest Von Trapp daughter in "The Sound of Music" who was a member of Hitler's Youth, blew the whistle on his gf's family when they were tried to escape too. This type of thing reminds me of that.

:spock: JFC

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

FAX
02-13-2012, 05:01 PM
The Twenty-Somethings I know (people who hang out in music clubs and similar venues) pretty much all voted for Obama. According to my research, 99.9% of them now say that Obama didn't "keep his word" on stuff.

You guys will know more about this than I, but apparently Obama vowed to oversee an "open" administration where decisions would be made in the clear light of day? Most of the Obamites with whom I've spoken feel betrayed on that account and are now both anti-Obama and disillusioned with the entire political process. I say, welcome to the club.

FAX

LiveSteam
02-13-2012, 05:03 PM

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s320x320/407383_2430009564501_1679484142_1685277_1453367871_n.jpg

BucEyedPea
02-13-2012, 05:22 PM
:spock: JFC

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:evil:

mlyonsd
02-13-2012, 05:24 PM
The Twenty-Somethings I know (people who hang out in music clubs and similar venues) pretty much all voted for Obama. According to my research, 99.9% of them now say that Obama didn't "keep his word" on stuff.

You guys will know more about this than I, but apparently Obama vowed to oversee an "open" administration where decisions would be made in the clear light of day? Most of the Obamites with whom I've spoken feel betrayed on that account and are now both anti-Obama and disillusioned with the entire political process. I say, welcome to the club.

FAXI just spent 5 days with an entire group of life long democrats that all say they wouldn't vote for Obama again unless he was running against Newt or Santorum.

This isn't earth shattering of course coming from South Dakota but they ALL look at his stances on every domestic issue as lunacy. Every one of them feels he isn't what he ran on. They all acknowledge their party is kicking the country's problems down the road just for re-election.

The main thing we agreed on was at some point our long term debt has to be faced. And even they didn't agree with Obama's message that the rich can fix it all.

BucEyedPea
02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
I just spent 5 days with an entire group of life long democrats that all say they wouldn't vote for Obama again unless he was running against Newt or Santorum.

This isn't earth shattering of course coming from South Dakota but they ALL look at his stances on every domestic issue as lunacy. Every one of them feels he isn't what he ran on. They all acknowledge their party is kicking the country's problems down the road just for re-election.

The main thing we agreed on was at some point our long term debt has to be faced. And even they didn't agree with Obama's message that the rich can fix it all.

Well, that's encouraging they at least see that. What's not encouraging is what they'll do if Santorum wins it.

mlyonsd
02-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Well, that's encouraging they at least see that. What's not encouraging is what they'll do if Santorum wins it.You have to realize South Dakota democrats are still somewhat conservative so what they do in the voting booth might not be a true picture of all liberals. Which is a reason the electoral college is till a good idea.

The interesting part is they have realized the far left Obama base, which is what Obama is really chained to, isn't the answer.

Baby steps.

dirk digler
02-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I just spent 5 days with an entire group of life long democrats that all say they wouldn't vote for Obama again unless he was running against Newt or Santorum.

No one wants to hear about your gay escapades at Brokeback Mountain

:D

Just messing with you mlyonsd

mikey23545
02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/401179_304642449593700_100001438429227_829468_1184157213_n.jpg

Wow...I realize I hadn't seen any new Mythbusters on lately, but I didn't realize it had come to this...

SNR
02-13-2012, 06:35 PM
Does that mean we get to call these people "truthers?"

HonestChieffan
02-15-2012, 06:06 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ro19UvSKbHI/TzuHQ6_blHI/AAAAAAABXTw/kS6XfsX7csU/s400/A-Big-Teaming-Load.jpg