PDA

View Full Version : Music Who Is Paul McCartney?

unothadeal
02-13-2012, 08:02 AM
It's happening.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web03/2012/2/13/0/enhanced-buzz-11846-1329112476-23.jpg

Dave Lane
02-13-2012, 08:05 AM
How I weep for our youth...

SNR
02-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Meh, whatever. Nothing gold can stay.

The only reason why people should be upset is because it reflects that this generation doesn't have a Paul McCartney, and that's sad for them.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Oh noes.

SNR
02-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Also for all you old fucks out there, don't tell me your generation always knew who Louis Armstrong and all those guys were. Because you didn't.

Graystoke
02-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Two more bullets and we can have a Beatles Reunion.

big nasty kcnut
02-13-2012, 08:18 AM
paul is dead already. That what i heard from the record.

Cave Johnson
02-13-2012, 08:29 AM
For a 55 year old lesbian, I though he gave a great performance.

-King-
02-13-2012, 08:39 AM
Two more bullets and we can have a Beatles Reunion.

LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

BoneKrusher
02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
isn't he the Beatle who said they were more popular than Tim Tebow?

DaKCMan AP
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
His performance last night was awful.

fan4ever
02-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I still believe the Beatles to be the greatest group of all time, but one should know when the time has come when you're no longer relevant.

And SNR, we baby boomers actually knew our parents generation of entertainers quite well; they ruled the TV set/radio and we didn't have all sorts of alternative media to flock to.

stonedstooge
02-13-2012, 08:44 AM
His performance last night was awful.

He turns 70 this year. Losing his pipes, that's for sure

gblowfish
02-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Two more bullets and we can have a Beatles Reunion. CD cover from 2003 I made:

Huffmeister
02-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Wow, it's like an entire generation is trolling another generation.

Nickel D
02-13-2012, 08:47 AM
He's not the Walrus (koo-koo-ka-choo), but he sounds like one.

Deberg_1990
02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
I wont feel truly old until i hear: "Who is Kurt Cobain?"

KCUnited
02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
For a 55 year old lesbian, I though he gave a great performance.

Willie did Chipotle, McCartney would be perfect for Suburu Outback commercials.

lcarus
02-13-2012, 08:54 AM

The only reason why people should be upset is because it reflects that this generation doesn't have a Paul McCartney, and that's sad for them.

They probably have something similar, although I have no clue who and I'm sure he or she isn't nearly as talented (probably no talent at all). It is sad.

Brock
02-13-2012, 08:56 AM

They do have Lil' Wayne.

lcarus
02-13-2012, 08:59 AM
They do have Lil' Wayne.

Yeah, that proves my point above.

Extra Point
02-13-2012, 09:01 AM
How I weep for our youth...

Bad parenting. :p at SNR.

WV
02-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Say say say what you want.....

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Say say say what you want.....

Who's Michael Jackson?

Molitoth
02-13-2012, 09:41 AM
While Sir Paul should be respected for his previous earlier work; he isn't amazing anymore.

Bob Dole
02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
They do have Lil' Wayne.

And M.I.A.

Rausch
02-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Also for all you old ****s out there, don't tell me your generation always knew who Louis Armstrong and all those guys were. Because you didn't.

Fuck you.

I knew who Al Bowlly and the very saxy Oscar Rabin were in grade school.

Gramps loved the big band/crooners.

Bob Dole
02-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Also for all you old ****s out there, don't tell me your generation always knew who Louis Armstrong and all those guys were. Because you didn't.

Actually, most of us did. Probably because the parents actually ran the household instead of the children, and we didn't get $100 a week allowance for putting our own dirty dishes in the dishwasher and wiping our own ass.

KC Dan
02-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Actually, most of us did. Probably because the parents actually ran the household instead of the children, and we didn't get $100 a week allowance for putting our own dirty dishes in the dishwasher and wiping our own ass.Hear, Hear! Truer words never spoken

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Actually, most of us did. Probably because the parents actually ran the household instead of the children, and we didn't get $100 a week allowance for putting our own dirty dishes in the dishwasher and wiping our own ass.

Absofockinglutely!

bigfoot
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
He's not the Walrus (koo-koo-ka-choo), but he sounds like one.

According to John in "Glass Onion"....Paul was the walrus

and your'e right.....he does sound like one

Garcia Bronco
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I wont feel truly old until i hear: "Who is Kurt Cobain?"

Many don't remember him or his music. We're almost on two decades since he was alive. Helll it's been almost 17 years since since Jerry Garcia died.

Red Brooklyn
02-13-2012, 10:59 AM
This thread hurts me. Fuck this thread.

Rausch
02-13-2012, 11:00 AM
This thread hurts me. **** this thread.

I 2nd...

L.A. Chieffan
02-13-2012, 11:09 AM
He's that guy from American idol season ten, right?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2012, 11:10 AM

Fuck. Yes.

pr_capone
02-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Paul is irrelevant in mainstream music. The only people who are buying his latest album are people who can't let go of the thought of a band from about 50 years ago.

My disdain for all things Beatles aside... Paul as a singer/musician is pretty much done.

Graystoke
02-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Paul is irrelevant in mainstream music. The only people who are buying his latest album are people who can't let go of the thought of a band from about 50 years ago.

My disdain for all things Beatles aside... Paul as a singer/musician is pretty much done.

How much heat do you take for your disdain of all things Beatles?

I respect the Beatles...but man I can't listen to that shit anymore, or hear people my age and older not leting it go.

The crap is in elevators now...yo kno yo music is ol when Ottis sing it.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 11:28 AM

I respect the Beatles...but man I can't listen to that shit anymore, or hear people my age and older not leting it go.

You do realize that shit helped pave the way for the shit you listen to?

Brock
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM

I get that you're tired of it, but people will still be listening to the Beatles 100 years from now. There aren't a lot of bands, and certainly none of the current crop, that that can be said about.

pr_capone
02-13-2012, 11:37 AM

Quite a bit actually... people look at me like I'm diseased when I say that I don't like the Beatles. My hatred for all things Beatles started with the release of the anthology and how no one I knew at the time could shut the fuck up about it.

vailpass
02-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Diffrent strokes for different folks.
Remember, some of these are the same kids who consider the sounds coming out of Nikki Minaj's mouth last night to be music.

Otter
02-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd be curious to know how many of them don't know who Jim Morrison was. I can kind of see how his name can get lost in "The Beatles".

vailpass
02-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd be curious to know how many of them don't know who Jim Morrison was. I can kind of see how his name can get lost in "The Beatles".

I was a huge Doors fan but I'm guessing most of them don't know the Lizard King. My 13 year old doesn't. Nothing to get hung about.

Huffmeister
02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
I'd be curious to know how many of them don't know who Jim Morrison was.

Is that Morrisey's real name?

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
They probably react the same way to names like George Washington.

Aries Walker
02-13-2012, 12:19 PM
1. 95% of popular music is crap. Also, 95% of popular music in the 60's and 70's was crap. I am relying on pure faith to hold true that forty years from now, people will forget all of the current crap and only remember the really good groundbreaking stuff - and, for that matter, that there is and groundbreaking stuff at all.

2. When you've never known anything but a world in which all of the Beatles' accomplishments have already taken hold, you will have a really hard time grasping the implications of just how game-changing they really were. The same holds true for a lot of other bands. If someone is aware of a monumentally influential band and chooses not to at least listen to them anyway, then I reserve the right to ignore their opinions.

3. Anyone reading this who has kids, or is a kid, who doesn't know of the Beatles, should educate themselves on them immediately - not for our benefit, or to prove us right or something, but for their own growth. I recommend Sergeant Pepper, Abbey Road, and the White Album. And while you're at it, after you're done with the Beatles, run out and get the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, the Doors' self-titled album, Led Zeppelin IV, and the Police's Sychronicity.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Quite a bit actually... people look at me like I'm diseased when I say that I don't like the Beatles. My hatred for all things Beatles started with the release of the anthology and how no one I knew at the time could shut the **** up about it.

So your hatred for a band's music started because of the opinions other people had about a band's music?

While it's totally cool to like or dislike whatever you want, that's a terrible reason. I like/dislike bands entirely based on how much I like/dislike their music... I couldn't give two cups of piss if it's popular or obscure.

Pioli Zombie
02-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Both Paul McCartney and the late Whitney Houston are better qb options than Matt Cassel

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
They probably react the same way to names like George Washington.

prepare to :eek:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QFOtVAW2l8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seaofred
02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I know who the Beatles are, I just don't care for them. However, I loved the Doors, Jimi, and Janis Joplin. I'm only 30 so I also like some of the 80's hair bands.

I understand that the Beatles lead the way, but I just don't care for their sound.

Graystoke
02-13-2012, 12:33 PM
You do realize that shit helped pave the way for the shit you listen to?

Of course I do..hence why I said I respect them.

A better question would be is "When did the Beatles paving the way of rock n roll eventually become a roadblock for the listener and or newer bands...because its not the Beatles nor the Beatle way?

Like I said...Great Band...But so tired of hearing it.

Fat Elvis
02-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Quite a bit actually... people look at me like I'm diseased when I say that I don't like the Beatles. My hatred for all things Beatles started with the release of the anthology and how no one I knew at the time could shut the **** up about it.

Don't worry. I hate, HATE, hate Led Zeppelin. You'll get a bigger rise out of mopes who like those dopes than any Buttles fan.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 12:38 PM
prepare to :eek:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QFOtVAW2l8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wasn't joking at all.

If a person doesn't have a basic fundamental understanding of US history, their opinion on anything political is not worth a grain of salt.

If you don't have a fundamental understanding of the history of music, same thing applies.

Also, Paul McCartney wasn't just a Beatle. He was the most talented one.

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 12:39 PM

A better question would be is "When did the Beatles paving the way of rock n roll eventually become a roadblock for the listener and or newer bands...because its not the Beatles nor the Beatle way?

The beatles didn't pave the way for Rock N' Roll.

Rock n' Roll is way older. Guys like Chuck Berry did that.

ChiefsCountry
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
Both Paul McCartney and the late Whitney Houston are better qb options than Matt Cassel

Paul McCartney's wife's fake leg is a better qb option than Matt Cassel.

stonedstooge
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I wasn't joking at all.

If a person doesn't have a basic fundamental understanding of US history, their opinion on anything political is not worth a grain of salt.

If you don't have a fundamental understanding of the history of music, same thing applies.

Also, Paul McCartney wasn't just a Beatle. He was the biggest prick..

FYP

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 12:49 PM

I was busting your balls for using the word shit and crap,although I do love the beatles and still listen to some of their music I'm also very open about discovering new bands and sounds.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 12:52 PM
The beatles didn't pave the way for Rock N' Roll.

Rock n' Roll is way older. Guys like Chuck Berry did that.

The comment was actually based on me saying they helped pave the way which they did as did Chuck Berry and even much further back the great blues artists of the 30's and 40's.

Inspector
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM

Yeah, right. LMAO

Played a horn in my younger days and was always a big fan of Louie. What a great voice he had to go along with his trumpet skills. He almost always had a smile.

pr_capone
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
So your hatred for a band's music started because of the opinions other people had about a band's music?

While it's totally cool to like or dislike whatever you want, that's a terrible reason. I like/dislike bands entirely based on how much I like/dislike their music... I couldn't give two cups of piss if it's popular or obscure.

It wasn't other people's opinions... though that did not help matters. I honestly don't like their sound. Some songs are ok but overall there was no hatred in my heart for them until the anthology came out. Constantly on TV, my friends fawning over each "new" release. Then my eventual statement that I did not like them and the inevitable argument over how great the band was.

Didn't like them before the anthology... hated them after.

Inspector
02-13-2012, 12:57 PM

You had a dishwasher?

Around my house the kids were the dishwashers.

And allowance?

Dad: "Your allowance is the roof over your head and the food in your belly!"

Pioli Zombie
02-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Paul McCartney's wife's fake leg is a better qb option than Matt Cassel.

Paul McCartneys dead first wife who died of cancer over 15 years ago is, right now as we speak, a better qb option for the Chiefs

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
FYP

Lennon was the prick.

SNR
02-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah, right. LMAO

Played a horn in my younger days and was always a big fan of Louie. What a great voice he had to go along with his trumpet skills. He almost always had a smile.And good for you.

My 14-year old cousin knows who Paul McCartney AND Louis Armstrong are. When I was that age I couldn't get enough of hard bop stylings of Dizzy, Miles, and bird. Hell, I even liked square guys like Dave Brubeck.

All I'm saying is "Kids don't know nothin!" can be said about every single generation.

stonedstooge
02-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Lennon was the prick.

Not according to Ringo

Rausch
02-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Also, Paul McCartney wasn't just a Beatle. He was the most talented one.

Only if you discount Harrison for not banging one legged gold diggers...

WhiteWhale
02-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Not according to Ringo

Ringo's criticism of Paul reeks of jealousy.

Tribal Warfare
02-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I was a huge Doors fan but I'm guessing most of them don't know the Lizard King. My 13 year old doesn't. Nothing to get hung about.

my 22 year old cousin didn't know who Sound Garden or Alice in Chains were

Bump
02-13-2012, 04:48 PM
no audio tune = epic fail in today's music

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-13-2012, 04:52 PM
It really doesn't bother me that they don't know he was in the Beatles. The stuff he did with Wings blows that Beatle bullcrap out of the water, and that's what he should be known for.

scott free
02-13-2012, 04:56 PM

In.deed.

They have popcorn fart Justin Bieber, or Chris Brown chokin a bitch.

Pioli Zombie
02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
It really doesn't bother me that they don't know he was in the Beatles. The stuff he did with Wings blows that Beatle bullcrap out of the water, and that's what he should be known for.
Please let this have been sarcasm. Ok, he has never been given the credit deserved for McCartney and Ram, and later on for Back to the Egg.....ok forget it, you HAVE to been using sarcasm, you just HAVE to have been

Pioli Zombie
02-13-2012, 05:04 PM
James from Big Time Rush is Paul. Kendall is John. Logan is George. Carlos is Ringo. I watch Big Time Rush while waiting to masturbate to the girls on Victorious.

|Zach|
02-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Born in the late 90s.

FAX
02-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Our education system is failing us.

Dropping acid and listening to the White Album should be a minimum course requirement.

FAX

Bob Dole
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM
You had a dishwasher?

Around my house the kids were the dishwashers.

And allowance?

Dad: "Your allowance is the roof over your head and the food in your belly!"

Had no dishwasher or allowance. That was part of the point.

And FTR, Bob Dole is not a big fan of The Beatles. Or The Doors. That in no way diminishes their role in music history.

Does Bob Dole need to go on a Eubie Blake rant? Bob Dole could watch that man play all day, every day, and there probably aren't 10 people here who have a clue who the hell that is...
Posted via Mobile Device

Bacon Cheeseburger
02-13-2012, 05:15 PM
I bet a lot of kids today don't know who Bob Dole is either.

stonedstooge
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Ringo's criticism of Paul reeks of jealousy.

Interview that Ringo gave a year or two ago sure didn't seem like it had anything to do with jealousy. He was just talking about people having different ideas, and John would be willing to listen and give things a try while if it wasn't Pauls idea, Paul didn't think it was worth a shit

Holladay
02-14-2012, 04:09 AM
Wow, just wow. The history of the Beatles, always had a history of blues...Chuck Berry et al. And later developed their own sound. Most modern, not cotton candy bands, rock bands have studied the Beatles. They became the "gold standard" of rock sounds. If you listen to the wide varity of there songs, from "Rocky Raccon" to "Come together" their diversity was huge. Their talent from George Harrison- see "While my guitar gently weeps", to "Silly Love Songs" which was written by Paul in retort to John's comment after the break up bout Paul can't write anything but silly love songs:)

They re-wrote rock. Can't deny their genious. You can hear it in all serious rock bands (exclude cotton candy bands/hip hop/rap...and most the crap the kids listen to today:( )

And I'm not a big fan of the Beatles....I just appreciate their cutting edge at the time. Each of their albums had ?? 5 time told classics. What band can say that?

Some one check me on that.

Too say "Who's Paul " in music is like saying "who's Abe" to history.
But at that age, I thought Elton John was the bomb.

Aries Walker
02-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Does Bob Dole need to go on a Eubie Blake rant? Bob Dole could watch that man play all day, every day, and there probably aren't 10 people here who have a clue who the hell that is...
Posted via Mobile Device
There's a James Hubert Blake High School (http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/blakehs/) now in Maryland. True story.

Most people there still don't know who he was. Also a true story.

vailpass
02-14-2012, 09:20 AM
my 22 year old cousin didn't know who Sound Garden or Alice in Chains were

Ouch.

JD10367
02-14-2012, 09:24 AM
Craig Ferguson knows exactly who Paul McCartney is.

http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/591/356/830/001/angelapaul.jpg

whoman69
02-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Craig Ferguson knows exactly who Paul McCartney is.

http://maxcdn.fooyoh.com/files/attach/images/591/356/830/001/angelapaul.jpg

Not the most dangerous woman in America. Anytime she goes somewhere, somebody dies!