PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Brock Osweiler

Mr_Tomahawk
02-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Don't know if we have one of these already...but a couple of interesting tweets.

Evan Silva @evansilva
Todd McShay's top-5 QBs for 2012 draft: 1) Andrew Luck 2) Robert Griffin III 3) Ryan Tannehill 4) Brock Osweiler 5) Brandon Weeden.

Evan Silva @evansilva
Mel Kiper's top-5 quarterbacks for 2012 draft: 1) Andrew Luck 2) Robert Griffin III 3) Brock Osweiler 4) Ryan Tannehill 5) Brandon Weeden.

Evan Silva @evansilva
Interesting that Kiper is now even higher on Osweiler than McShay. McShay had been easily Osweiler's biggest supporter to this point.

Evan Silva @evansilva
McShay on Osweiler: "More I watch, more I love him. Accurate despite unusual mechanics. I would draft (Osweiler) in the late 1st round."

lewdog
02-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I watched most of Osweiler's games this year (one live) and while impressed with his height, he lacks a strong arm and good decision making. His arm is accurate when he has time but we already have that in Cassel and we have seen how much that means! Ok for a Pac 12 QB but I don't see how he is getting so much praise? He doesn't look NFL to me if you don't look at the fact he is 6'8".

Saul Good
02-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I would take him in the second or trade down in the first for him. Hell, I would consider just taking him from our spot.

jd1020
If the Chiefs draft a QB this year, instead of signing a FA, I hope they sign Osweiler or Cousins.

Saulbadguy
Have you guys heard, he's 6'8". Just thought i'd mention that.

Mr_Tomahawk
I watched most of Osweiler's games this year (one live) and while impressed with his height, he lacks a strong arm and good decision making. His arm is accurate when he has time but we already have that in Cassel and we have seen how much that means! Ok for a Pac 12 QB but I don't see how he is getting so much praise? He doesn't look NFL to me if you don't look at the fact he is 6'8".

That's interesting. I haven't watched a single snap other than what is on Youtube and from what I read, he has a strong arm. Nice input though...

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Who's he play for? Just curious.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 09:52 AM

Arizona State.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Arizona State.

Hmmm...nope.

Nice edit.

Now...yes.

lewdog
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM
That's interesting. I haven't watched a single snap other than what is on Youtube and from what I read, he has a strong arm. Nice input though...

Maybe strongish arm but even that is a stretch to me. ASU throws a lot of swing passes, slants and medium posts. As I said he is accurate when he has time for those. I thought he deep ball was well below average, however.

Saul Good
His arm is more than adequate. He has a funky delivery, but he's not going to get balls batted down because of it.

jd1020
Hmmm...nope.

Nice edit.

Now...yes.

Got shitbag Lindley mixed up there for a second.

Direckshun
02-13-2012, 09:55 AM
I would take him in the second or trade down in the first for him. Hell, I would consider just taking him from our spot.

Blech.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't think I would draft Osweiler or Cousins until the 3rd.

If someone really falls in love with them they both might be gone by then, but I wouldn't be comfortable spending a higher pick than 3 on either.

Rausch
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM
The way things look I'd be fine with a trade down.

We aren't getting Luck and I don't like the idea of trading what we'd have to for RGIII...

O.city
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM
If he is around in the third, jump on that shit.

Only watched him a few times, but I didn't think armstrength was a problem.

lewdog
02-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I don't think I would draft Osweiler until the 3rd.

I would agree. If we are talking a late 3rd or 4th round pick, that would be more realistic. Although I am not fond of him now, I think he is coachable and some mechanic changes from an NFL QB coach could benefit him. I don't think Dennis Erickson did much to help him....Erickson is a total douchebag.

bsp4444
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
His deep ball beat MU.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I would agree. If we are talking a late 3rd or 4th round pick, that would be more realistic. Although I am not fond of him now, I think he is coachable and some mechanic changes from an NFL QB coach could benefit him. I don't think Dennis Erickson did much to help him....Erickson is a total douchebag.

I don't care about his mechanics. Not everyone needs to throw exactly the same way. From what I've seen of him he throws a good ball with good arm strength. When he wants to put zip on the ball it doesn't appear hes putting much effort into it, unlike someone like Cassel. Although, his accuracy seems a bit hit or miss from what I've seen.

If I had access to the tapes Kiper/McShay have access to and scouted players for a living my opinion might be different and I might see what they have obviously seen in him. But, for now, I don't scout players for a living and dont have access to the tapes they do. I only have access to the Osweiler vs XXXX videos on youtube and if you read the comments you can see people saying things about how "this was his worst game of the season."

MIAdragon
02-13-2012, 10:11 AM

His throwing motion hurts V Young's eyes.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
His throwing motion hurts V Young's eyes.

Rivers has an unorthodox throwing motion as well. Doesn't seem to hurt his ability to be a NFL QB much.

O.city
02-13-2012, 10:13 AM
I could give a shit about throwing motion. Looka t Rivers. If the ball gets there it gets there.

lewdog
02-13-2012, 10:18 AM
If I had access to the tapes Kiper/McShay have access to and scouted players for a living my opinion might be different and I might see what they have obviously seen in him. But, for now, I don't scout players for a living and dont have access to the tapes they do.

Well I put my opinion in this thread because I watched almost all of ASUs games this year and even one in person. So I guess I did have access to the "tapes" these guys are seeing. I wasn't saying he isn't draftable, I am saying if people think he is the #3 QB in this draft, I would say he ISN'T worth using the #11 pick on. The drop off from Luck and RGIII is noticeable and I don't see Osweiler as the #3 QB or a first round pick.

Just an opinion from someone who did watch him all year...a novel idea on CP I guess for some of you.

Saul Good
02-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Name 3 good starting QBs who have been selected between the middle of the first and the end of the fifth in the last 20 years.

Good QBs are almost always taken very early or are projects taken very late/undrafted.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
...still would rather have Tannehill if this discussion is about the 3rd best QB.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Well I put my opinion in this thread because I watched almost all of ASUs games this year and even one in person. So I guess I did have access to the "tapes" these guys are seeing. I wasn't saying he isn't draftable, I am saying if people think he is the #3 QB in this draft, I would say he ISN'T worth using the #11 pick on. The drop off from Luck and RGIII is noticeable and I don't see Osweiler as the #3 QB or a first round pick.

Just an opinion from someone who did watch him all year...a novel idea on CP I guess for some of you.

There's a big difference between game tape and what you watch on TV.

scho63
02-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I don't want to draft another weak armed QB-we already have one that's our starter. I'm tired of watching 40 yd ducks

boogblaster
02-13-2012, 11:15 AM
watched him on NFL.net .. he looks decent .. think maybe a low 2nd rounder ......

Chiefnj2
02-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Name 3 good starting QBs who have been selected between the middle of the first and the end of the fifth in the last 20 years.

Good QBs are almost always taken very early or are projects taken very late/undrafted.

Are you serious?

jd1020
02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Are you serious?

I'm glad I put him on ignore.

Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger come to mind right off the bat.

Chiefnj2
02-13-2012, 11:44 AM
Osweiler. A few games are on youtube. Here he is against Boise. I don't see why the experts think he's a round 1-3 QB.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uc_j2b_7lPM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jd1020
02-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Osweiler. A few games are on youtube. Here he is against Boise. I don't see why the experts think he's a round 1-3 QB.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here... But, I'm guessing they like his intangibles and have more than a youtube video with comments like "you should watch his other games. This was easily his worst game of his senior year" in it.

Dayze
02-13-2012, 11:51 AM
don't like his delivery. like a blend of Rivers and Vince Young.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 11:55 AM
don't like his delivery. like a blend of Rivers and Vince Young.

What does it matter what his delivery looks like?

Chiefnj2
02-13-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here... But, I'm guessing they like his intangibles and have more than a youtube video with comments like "you should watch his other games. This was easily his worst game of his senior year" in it.

His game against USC is on youtube also. 90%+ of his throws aren't beyond the LOS.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 12:03 PM
His game against USC is on youtube also. 90%+ of his throws aren't beyond the LOS.

And his game against USC is a lot better too. He stands tall in the pocket, doesn't panic with pressure, throws an accurate ball, and throws with good velocity.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rqYAUD97lRQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suds79
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I don't see why the experts think he's a round 1-3 QB.

I think it's pretty simple. Tools.

6'8. 240. Athletic for big man. Despite what some say here, all the scouting reports indicate his arm strength is good. That's it in a nutshell.

Chiefnj2
02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
And his game against USC is a lot better too. He stands tall in the pocket, doesn't panic with pressure, throws an accurate ball, and throws with good velocity.

First half, 10 of 13 passes weren't past the LOS.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 12:20 PM
First half, 10 of 13 passes weren't past the LOS.

Who ****ing cares? Pay attention to the ones that aren't. Every QB in college benefits from a lot of short passes.

Even his passes downfield in the Boise game are fairly on target, they were just bad decisions.

Pasta Giant Meatball
02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Gotta love breakin QB's down based off of youtube "game tape" ROFL

jd1020
02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Gotta love breakin QB's down based off of youtube "game tape" ROFL

To be fair, its all fans have to base their opinion on. But, from what you can see in the broadcasted version of his play, coupled with what people with access to actual game tape of Osweiler have to say about him, there is a lot to like about his potential.

Right now I'd be comfortable with a 3rd on him. Depending on his performance at the combine, I might even get comfortable with a 2nd on him. It's not a high price to pay for someone you hope could wind up being a franchise QB.

Dayze
02-13-2012, 12:36 PM
What does it matter what his delivery looks like?

it doesn't. I'm just saying I don't like the way it looks.
hell, marino had a ugly motion too.

Chiefnj2
02-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Who ****ing cares? Pay attention to the ones that aren't. Every QB in college benefits from a lot of short passes.

Even his passes downfield in the Boise game are fairly on target, they were just bad decisions.

He's lucky he didn't have 3 picks in the first half of the Boise game.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 12:51 PM

That's because he made bad decisions, not because the ball was thrown poorly. Everyone one of those possible TO's would have been in the bread basket of his receivers, but the problem was they were blanketed by a defender(s).

suds79
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM

Just what QB did look great against 1 loss #7th ranked Boise St?

ASU got boat raced 24 to 56. Hard for us to know what's a bad decision vs pressing to bring your team back.

Even then, his final stat line against them was decent (always take college stats with a grain of salt).

At this point I'm less concerned about that one game vs his entire body of work. Any QB you're looking at in rounds 2-3 is going to have plenty of warts. Otherwise they'd be 1st rounders.

kcchiefsus
02-13-2012, 02:01 PM

Google is your friend.

Ebolapox
02-13-2012, 02:18 PM

drew brees, aaron rodgers, mark brunell (round 5, 1993), jake plummer (R2, 1997--serviceable for a while), chad pennington, david garrard, matt schaub, kyle orton (heh), joe flacco, josh freeman, colt mccoy, john skelton, kevin kolb, and andy dalton are all guys that could be considered 'good' depending on perspective and definition of 'good' (some more-so than others)

that's 14 that I count.

Ebolapox
02-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm glad I put him on ignore.

Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger come to mind right off the bat.

roethlisberger was top 15, hard to count him.

jd1020
02-13-2012, 02:21 PM
roethlisberger was top 15, hard to count him.

He was 11th. I would say that would qualify as "mid first" especially since I believe the point he was trying to make was based on where the Chiefs are going to be picking and what QBs have come from that range and been good.

If you wanted to break up the round into 3 ranges... 1-10 early, 11-21 mid, 22-32 late.

Ebolapox
02-13-2012, 02:24 PM
He was 11th. I would say that would qualify as "mid first" especially since I believe the point he was trying to make was based on where the Chiefs are going to be picking and what QBs have come from that range and been good.

If you wanted to break up the round into 3 ranges... 1-10 early, 11-21 mid, 22-32 late.

hell, add even MORE QBs to my list if you count 11 and down. I was being conservative and only including 15 and down...

Ebolapox
02-13-2012, 02:30 PM
you can add jay cutler, ben roethlisberger and daunte culpepper. I wouldn't take it to town, but you can get a good QB between 'mid first round' and the end of the fifth.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/2/28/2830946/nfl-combine-2012-kansas-city-chiefs

NFL Combine: Another QB The Chiefs Interviewed
by Joel Thorman on Feb 28, 2012 12:31 PM CST

It seems the more we look into the 2012 NFL Combine the more we connect the Kansas City Chiefs to quarterbacks. On the pro side, Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel didn't shoot down anything when asked if the team would have interest in Peyton Manning. And on the rookie side, the Chiefs interviewed the top three quarterbacks in Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill.

We can add another quarterback to the list -- Brock Osweiler. Several media outlets reported that Osweiler interviewed with the Chiefs at the Combine, along with the Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins and Buffalo Bills.

Osweiler comes from Arizona State and he comes in big -- just under 6'7" and weighing in at 242 pounds. Physically, he seems like he's in the right spot, which jives with what SB Nation's Mocking The Draft has said -- Osweiler has as much potential in this draft as anyone.

He's a tall, strong-armed athletic passer with a quick release and a lot of room to grow. What keeps Osweiler from being an elite-level quarterback prospect is a lack of experience and some accuracy issues. It's concerning that Osweiler didn't take a hold of Arizona State's quarterback job until the latter part of the 2010 season. Because of his lack of experience, he has some technical flaws and often works just the first read. With the right coaching and enough reps, though, Osweiler could develop into a very good NFL quarterback.

Just one season of starting experience is concerning. So is the fact he couldn't win the job until late in the 2010 season. And that he's leaving school early. All those are little red flags for me, especially the lack of experience. That's really the No. 1 thing I want to see -- how many games did a prospect play and how well did he do in those games? The rest of the stuff is important but the tape is what really matters at the end of the day and Osweiler doesn't have as much on tape as you'd like. NFL Network's Mike Mayock said this week that you really want at least 25 starts from a quarterback.

One thing is certain, though. Drafting Osweiler would give the Chiefs some of the best quarterback tattoos in the game (with a nod to Ricky Stanzi, of course).

Chiefnj2
02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Cowardly of him not to throw at the combine.

jd1020
02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Cowardly of him not to throw at the combine.

Luck and RG3 are going to fall because they are also cowards!!!!!!

Rosie O'Donnell
02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
If he weren't 6-foot-10, nobody would give two shits about this stiff.

Chiefnj2
02-28-2012, 12:52 PM
Luck and RG3 are going to fall because they are also cowards!!!!!!

You don't see a difference between the two guys who are locks to go 1 and 2 in the draft and someone like Osweiler? What does he have to hide?

Detoxing
02-28-2012, 01:04 PM
You don't see a difference between the two guys who are locks to go 1 and 2 in the draft and someone like Osweiler? What does he have to hide?

Probably Nothing.

But what does he have to gain?

Throwing at the combine isn't going to change his game tape.

BossChief
02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
There are a ton of reasons quarterbacks don't throw at the combine.

Most of them, anyway.

1) it almost always hurts your stock if you do. You are throwing to receivers you arent familiar with and if they do something wrong, it usually falls in the "bad pass" category.

2) if a quarterback throws at the combine, it takes away some of the exposure his teammates get at the proday. Most quarterbacks want to make scouts wait till that day to see them throw so they also get to see the players teammates run their routes, catch the ball and how they do so, a lot of exposure that would normally be overlooked.

3) some are working on their mechanics and want more time to show a closer to finished product of what the team will be drafting.

4) some just want to be able to do their scripted workout a little later in the day. You have to realize that these kids only get 4 hours or so of sleep during the combine because the stuff we see on TV is not even 10% of the time they spend there in interviews and other activities. Some want to use the combine for the interviews and then show their physical stuff on their proday on their own turf and on their own timeline.

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
NFL.com's Gil Brandt believes Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler will be a first-round pick after Friday's Pro Day.
Brandt gave Osweiler "very good" marks for accuracy in the throwing session, noting that seven of Osweiler's 72 throws hit the ground. Brandt also observed that Osweiler "presented himself very well" with Seahawks, Browns, and Dolphins evaluators among the most prominent attendees. "There is a lot of excitement about him," Brandt wrote of Osweiler, who may be overdrafted in April. Mar 30 - 4:26 PM

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7450/brock-osweiler

durtyrute
03-30-2012, 02:32 PM
He wasn't a wideout, can't draft him.

SNR
03-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Osweiler's a turd. Insane that Kiper once ranked him above Tannehill.

I'm just fucking shocked by the disparity between the top QBs in this draft and everybody else. I don't think I've ever seen it as bad as this. Even in mediocre QB classes like 2008 when it was Matt Ryan and fart poop.

Pestilence
03-30-2012, 02:42 PM
So the question becomes.....which would you rather happen?

We trade up for Tannehill or we trade down for Osweiler?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Did we have any scouts at his pro day?

Dayze
03-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Did we have any scouts at his pro day?

they missed it. their Greyhound buses were delayed.

DeezNutz
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
So the question becomes.....which would you rather happen?

We trade up for Tannehill or we trade down for Osweiler?

Are we trading down in the fourth for Osweiler?

Chocolate Hog
03-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Are we trading down in the fourth for Osweiler?

LOL

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Close
Hope no one bashing Tannehill for "19 starts" or QB wins is high on Osweiler. Osweiler started 15 games in college. Had a 7-8 record.

Thig Lyfe
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Have you guys heard, he's 6'8". Just thought i'd mention that.

Can he play WR?

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Gil Brandt expects Osweiler to be first-round pick

Per PFT.

Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler didn’t work out at the Combine to a foot injury, but he took part in the Sun Devils’ Friday Pro Day.

According to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, Osweiler completed 66-of-72 throws with representatives from the Seahawks, Cardinals, Browns, and Dolphins in attendance. A “couple of scouts” Somers talked to projected Osweiler as a third-round prospect who could vault into the second.

NFL.com’s Gil Brandt is higher on Osweiler than the scouts. Much higher. Brandt wrote in a Pro Day recap that he believes Osweiler “vaulted himself into the first round” by demonstrating accuracy in the workout. Per Brandt, “there is a lot of excitement” around the league about Osweiler.

Osweiler only started 15 games at Arizona State, winning seven games with eight losses. At just under 6-foot-7, he was the tallest quarterback in the nation last season.

Chocolate Hog
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Osweiler sucks

Mr_Tomahawk
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Wonder if the fins pass on Tannehill to target Brock...?

Thig Lyfe
03-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I think we should hold out for Dayne Crist.

Chiefspants
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
I think we should hold out for Dayne Crist.

ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
03-31-2012, 08:49 AM
In survey of nine teams, eight call Osweiler a fourth-round prospect

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/in-survey-of-nine-teams-eight-call-osweiler-a-fourth-round-prospect/

After Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler worked out for scouts on Friday, we passed along the opinion of longtime NFL personnel man Gil Brandt, who said Osweiler now looks like a first-round draft pick.

Another longtime personnel man, Charley Casserly, strongly disagrees — and says that almost every team he has talked to views Osweiler as a fourth-round prospect.

Asked on NFL Network about Brandt’s first-round assessment, Casserly seemed taken aback by it.

“I’m not sure what that means, to be honest with you,” Casserly said of Brandt’s first-round projection. “I haven’t studied this guy yet but I interviewed nine teams about him. Eight of them had him rated in the fourth round. The workout doesn’t change the rating on the tape. The other team had him rated in the second. Issues about the guy concerning decision making, accuracy, takes too many sacks, questionable instincts. All of those things, to me, are things you see on tape, not in the workout. I’m going to take what those teams said and stick with that.”

NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi agreed with that, noting that Osweiler was only a one-year starter at Arizona State. Lombardi took issue with Brandt’s assessment as well.

“I don’t think you could ever, possibly, consider him a first-round talent,” Lombardi said.

Osweiler surprised a lot of people by entering the NFL draft this year, and the chances of him going in the first round seem remote. Then again, Osweiler has the physical tools (he’s 6-foot-7 and a good enough athlete that he accepted a basketball scholarship to Gonzaga before deciding he’d rather play football), and all it takes is one team to fall in love with him for him to go in the first round.

Most of the time we have a pretty good idea before the draft who the first-round quarterbacks are, but sometimes there are first-round surprises like Jason Campbell, J.P. Losman and Patrick Ramsey. Osweiler going in the first round would be as big a surprise as any of them.

Tombstone RJ
03-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Osweiler is a spread offense QB and raw. No team should draft him in the first round.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-19-2012, 05:27 AM
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7791819&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

chiefzilla1501
04-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Like the kid. Seems like a tremendous character guy. What I also like is that he can be molded into a big Ben type qb. Big Ben is slow at reading defenses. He gets away with it because he is impossible to tackle. So in terms of mental development I worry a lot more about tannehill because he doesn't have a big Ben or rgIII physical factor to make up for lack of mental ability. More importantly, osweilers stock is in the right place. Tannehills is not.

Kippers being cocky to rank osweiler over tannehill. But if we are talking about the better value it's osweiler by a mile.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2012, 08:08 PM
If you haven't seen the whole thing....ESPNU will be airing Oz' Grudens QB Camp at 10 central...

ChiefsNow
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM

I would draft a chimpanzee if he was 6'8"

beach tribe
04-25-2012, 08:14 PM
he lacks a strong arm
:spock:

Dayze
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
I'd draft the kid. Not in the first, obviously, but at some point. Because there's no way we're taking Tannehill

beach tribe
04-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Like the kid. Seems like a tremendous character guy. What I also like is that he can be molded into a big Ben type qb. Big Ben is slow at reading defenses. He gets away with it because he is impossible to tackle. So in terms of mental development I worry a lot more about tannehill because he doesn't have a big Ben or rgIII physical factor to make up for lack of mental ability. More importantly, osweilers stock is in the right place. Tannehills is not.

Kippers being cocky to rank osweiler over tannehill. But if we are talking about the better value it's osweiler by a mile.

I'd much rather have Oz in the 2nd than RT in the 1st or Weeden in the 3rd.

beach tribe
04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
The more I watch vids of all the QBs in this draft, the more I think Brock doesn't make it out of the first round.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2012, 08:55 PM
If you haven't seen the whole thing....ESPNU will be airing Oz' Grudens QB Camp at 10 central...

5 Minutes.

Saul Good
04-25-2012, 08:59 PM
The more I watch vids of all the QBs in this draft, the more I think Brock doesn't make it out of the first round.

Very possible. I like him more than Tannehill.

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:03 PM
Very possible. I like him more than Tannehill.

Ditto.

I'm still not high on taking a QB this year but he's one of 2 I'd throw a late pick at...

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM

That would be a shocker.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
He seems to have a quick release.

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:20 PM
He seems to have a quick release.

Uh...no.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Uh...no.

Maybe I'm just used to Matt's 15-second wind-up

SNR
04-25-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm an Osweiler hater, but I'll keep out until we draft him in the 2nd round.

Then I'll talk shit.

BigMeatballDave
04-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Brock made it clear he is 6'7", yet Gruden keeps saying 6'8"

Mr. Kotter
04-25-2012, 09:36 PM
If he's there in the 3rd...or 4th, we might go for it.

Rausch
04-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Brock made it clear he is 6'7", yet Gruden keeps saying 6'8"

Gruden would pimp Timmy from South Park as a legit 3rd round prospect...

scott free
04-25-2012, 09:40 PM

This post is all truth, particularly who's stock is realistic.

Tannehill is an epic reach at #1, period.

ChiefMojo
04-25-2012, 09:51 PM
I have a feeling Cousins and Osweiler will end up in Kansas City and Denver... the question is, which one for what franchise?

Dayze
04-25-2012, 09:53 PM

I really like this take. Well stated. :thumb:

Mr_Tomahawk
04-26-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.myspaceanimations.com/images/beavis-bongos.gif

Frankie
04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
I have a feeling Cousins and Osweiler will end up in Kansas City and Denver... the question is, which one for what franchise?

Cousins has career back up written all over him. Osweiler is more of a boom or bust. With Stanzi on the roster I'd go for the boom or bust.

wazu
04-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's DO THIS THING! OZ!

wazu
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
It's good business.

ChiefsNow
04-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Hoping for Osweiler.

beach tribe
04-27-2012, 03:01 AM
http://www.myspaceanimations.com/images/beavis-bongos.gif

Awesome

suds79
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Everybody likes Brock Osweiler.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JcCTSZ8MPmk/T5qm43aYjAI/AAAAAAAACYM/L6zKG8UWxf0/s349/brock2.jpg

ChiefsNow
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Everybody likes Brock Osweiler.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-JcCTSZ8MPmk/T5qm43aYjAI/AAAAAAAACYM/L6zKG8UWxf0/s349/brock2.jpg

Ah that's sweet Matty is getting a helmet signed.

AndChiefs
04-27-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm an Osweiler hater, but I'll keep out until we draft him in the 2nd round.

Then I'll talk shit.

I agree. I think he sucks and I don't know if I could handle it if we drafted him in the second. Third round I'd be pissed but I could handle it at least.