PDA

View Full Version : Royals So I contacted the Royals about the All-Star game

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
1/2 season ticket in outfield box and one entry to All-Star festivities including the game $1586 before any parking fees.

Maybe I'm being too cheap but that price just doesn't do it for me.

Thoughts?

mikeyis4dcats.
02-13-2012, 10:04 AM
do you get a program?

JohninGpt
02-13-2012, 10:06 AM
$38.68 per game with a free All-Star ticket. Doesn't seem too outrageous.

Of course, I have no idea what regular season tickets go for.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
do you get a program?

Yes,forgot to mention you get an All-Star program

blaise
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
I lived in Houston when they had it there. It seemed like people had more fun at the home run hitting contest.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
I lived in Houston when they had it there. It seemed like people had more fun at the home run hitting contest.

In all seriousness,I'd rather attend it as well.

AZORChiefFan
02-13-2012, 10:31 AM

I went to the one last year in PHX what a blast. I'd rather go to the HR Derby than the AS Game any year.

KCUnited
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Well, the AllStar strip is $620 of that. So your 1/2 season is a little under 1K.

You could possibly sell your opening day/Cards and others to recoup some of the cost. I personally wouldn't want to sit outfield for 42 games. I'm in the field plaza, strategically the 2nd row under the overhang. No rain, shade, decent view and at the same price point as the outfield box.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I went to the one last year in PHX what a blast. I'd rather go to the HR Derby than the AS Game any year.

Just curious how much was the ticket?

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, the AllStar strip is $620 of that. So your 1/2 season is a little under 1K.

You could possibly sell your opening day/Cards and others to recoup some of the cost. I personally wouldn't want to sit outfield for 42 games. I'm in the field plaza, strategically the 2nd row under the overhang. No rain, shade, decent view and at the same price point as the outfield box.

Yeah,I figured all that in and if I lived in KC I'd probably go for it no second thoughts but living 60 miles up the road I don't know.

As for the outfield box,I'd rather be closer to the bars out there.

rageeumr
02-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I had planned on just grabbing a couple strips from eBay. The going price right now seems to be about $1K per strip. I thought I remembered strips last year going for $500-$600 a piece. I wonder if the price will go up or down once the tickets are actually printed.....

Valiant
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah. Bastiages forgot to add my allstar tickets to my invoice.

Where are your seats? I paid 680 each for row u in the first outfield section. Probably better for the allstr. Normal seats are behind home plate.

Nzoner
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah. Bastiages forgot to add my allstar tickets to my invoice.

Where are your seats? I paid 680 each for row u in the first outfield section. Probably better for the allstr. Normal seats are behind home plate.

I haven't chosen seats as I haven't decided if I'm doing this yet.I was told though that IF I get outfield seats there's no gurantee that I get them for the All-Star festivities and would probably be moved.Sounds to me as though certain people like you must be getting outfield for the home run derby. :shrug:

ChiefsCountry
02-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Could put the Royals season tickets in your business name as a tax write off. Reward your sales staff for goals, maybe clients in your area. Just an idea.

AZORChiefFan
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Just curious how much was the ticket?

Around $30 on stubhub. Upper level.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Yikes.

There should be seperate sales for the HR Derby

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 02:12 PM
Yikes.

There should be seperate sales for the HR Derby

Why? If you've bought season tickets and ASG tickets... made that kind of financial commitment... why shouldn't you get preferred treatment to all of the ASG festivities? The whole stadium isn't going to sell in season tix packages anyway so some, probably many, are going to be left over for the open market. JMO.

BigMeatballDave
02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Why? If you've bought season tickets and ASG tickets... made that kind of financial commitment... why shouldn't you get preferred treatment to all of the ASG festivities? The whole stadium isn't going to sell in season tix packages anyway so some, probably many, are going to be left over for the open market. JMO.

Because I'm 600+ miles away from KC.

Stewie
02-13-2012, 02:56 PM
ticketsforless.com has HR Derby tickets from $149 and All-Star tickets from $395.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Because I'm 600+ miles away from KC.

OK I get that. That's where you get in on the 20-25k tickets that aren't held by season ticket holders.

OnTheWarpath58
02-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Looks like ASG strips have gone up $50 a year since I went in 2009.

By the time the game rolls around, you're likely going to be looking at anywhere from 3-5X face value per event - and that's for nosebleeds.

Field level tickets were fetching $2K per in 2009

Not saying it will definitely be that way in KC, but I could see you spending almost as much for just HRD and ASG tickets as you would had you just bought a half-season from the Royals.

If it were me, I'd buy the half-season, write them off as a business expense, use the extras as client/sales incentives, go to the games you want and the HRD and sell the ASG seats at a huge profit.

I went to both in 2009, and I can't remember a thing about the game itself, including who the MVP was, or the score.

But I can tell you all sorts of details about the HRD.

The game is just another game, but the Derby is something to see, IMHO.

Valiant
02-13-2012, 04:03 PM
I haven't chosen seats as I haven't decided if I'm doing this yet.I was told though that IF I get outfield seats there's no gurantee that I get them for the All-Star festivities and would probably be moved.Sounds to me as though certain people like you must be getting outfield for the home run derby. :shrug:

I did not choose. Those were the closest to my sth seats. I do know they are selling well. I bought through one of their salesmen. Priority on seats are money of 81 > 41. Of the 41, whover pays 1st. After that 25 game ticket purchaser if any are left.

Valiant
02-13-2012, 04:07 PM
I agree above. It will be cheaper to buy 41 games and then give away or sell regular season. I will do some of mine I can't go to for face value.

CoMoChief
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
ROFL $1600 for Royals tickets???

I have some ocean beachfront property in Oklahoma I'd like to sell you. PM me

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-13-2012, 04:57 PM

I love the dumb ones.

Valiant
02-13-2012, 06:36 PM

I know, not every Chiefs fan lives his life on Chiefsplanet ridiculing everyone else..

O.city
02-13-2012, 06:39 PM
Just take a lawn chair and some binoculars, rent a room at the Drury INN, head to the roof and watch the game.

Archie F. Swin
02-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Just take a lawn chair and some binoculars, rent a room at the Drury INN, head to the roof and watch the game.

oohh, free hot dogs!