View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs promote Nick Sirianni to WR coach.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Josh Looney @JoshLooney
#Chiefs also promoted Offensive Quality Control Coach Nick Sirianni to Wide Receivers Coach

Josh Looney @JoshLooney
Jim Zorn staying on #Chiefs staff

Josh Looney @JoshLooney
New #Chiefs staff additions: Jack Bicknell Jr (OL), Jim Bob Cooter (Off. QC), Brian Daboll (OC), Tom McMahon (ST), Derius Swinton (ST. QC).

Mr_Tomahawk
02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-FINALIZE-COACHING-STAFF-FOR-2012-SEASON/00c3ef24-9fcf-49db-90e3-ca72544cb6a6

Head Coach Romeo Crennel announces five staff newcomers, one promotion and 10 retentions

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Tuesday that Head Coach Romeo Crennel has finalized his coaching staff for the 2012 season. New additions to the Chiefs coaching staff include: Jack Bicknell Jr. (Offensive Line), Jim Bob Cooter (Offensive Quality Control), Brian Daboll (Offensive Coordinator), Tom McMahon (Special Teams Coach) and Derius Swinton (Special Teams Quality Control).

Kansas City promoted Nick Sirianni to Wide Receivers Coach and retained the following coaches: Maurice Carthon (Assistant Head Coach), Mike Clark (Strength & Conditioning), Gary Gibbs (Linebackers), Bernie Parmalee (Tight Ends), Anthony Pleasant (Defensive Line), Brent Salazar (Assistant Strength & Conditioning), Otis Smith (Defensive Quality Control), Emmitt Thomas (Defensive Backs), Adam Zimmer (Defensive Assistant/Assistant Linebackers) and Jim Zorn (Quarterbacks).

“We were able to add a handful of strong additions to an already talented group of coaches, and I am excited to get started,” said Crennel. “I am looking forward to sitting down as a staff, evaluating what we have, what we need, and moving forward towards the 2012 season.”

Below is a complete list of the Chiefs 2012 coaching staff.

NEWCOMERS

Jack Bicknell Jr. (Offensive Line) – Bicknell spent the last three seasons (2009-11) as the assistant offensive line coach with the N.Y. Giants, which included a victory in Super Bowl XLVI. Before entering the NFL coaching ranks, Bicknell was the assistant head coach/offensive line coach (2007-08) at Boston College, his alma mater. Prior to joining BC, Bicknell had an eight-year stint (1999-2006) as the head coach at Louisiana Tech. He was the offensive line coach at Louisiana Tech for two seasons (1997-98) after 10 seasons (1987-96) as an assistant at the University of New Hampshire, where he coached both the defensive (1987-92) and offensive (1993-96) lines. He broke into the coaching profession as a graduate assistant at Boston College (1985-86) following a playing career for the Eagles.

Jim Bob Cooter (Offensive Quality Control) – Cooter enters his first season as the offensive quality control coach with Kansas City in 2012. Before arriving in Kansas City, he worked on the offensive staff of the Indianapolis Colts (2009-11), most recently holding the title of assistant to the offensive coordinator for the 2011 season. Prior to joining the Colts, Cooter spent two years (2007-08) as a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee. He was a quarterback at Tennessee (2002-06), appearing in six career games and earning academic All-SEC honors four times.

Brian Daboll (Offensive Coordinator) – Daboll joins the Chiefs after one season (2011) in Miami where he held the same position for the Dolphins. Prior to his time in Miami, Daboll spent two seasons (2009-10) as offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns. He also spent two seasons as the QBs coach for the New York Jets (2007-08) and seven seasons (2000-06) as an assistant with the New England Patriots.

Tom McMahon (Special Teams) – McMahon comes to Kansas City after a three-year stint (2009-11) with the St. Louis Rams as special teams coordinator. Prior to joining the Rams, he spent two seasons (2007-08) as assistant special teams coach for the Atlanta Falcons. Before joining Atlanta, McMahon spent one season at the University of Louisville (2006) after 11 seasons (1995-2005) at Utah State.

Derius Swinton (Special Teams Quality Control) – Swinton joins the Chiefs as the club’s special teams quality control coach after three seasons with the St. Louis Rams. In St. Louis, he served as the team’s quality control/special teams coach under newly-named Chiefs Special Teams Coach Tom McMahon. Prior to his tenure in St. Louis, Swinton was as a defensive graduate assistant (2007-08) with the University of Tennessee. He played free safety at Hampton University in Virginia from 2003-06.

COACHES RETAINED/PROMOTED

Maurice Carthon (Assistant Head Coach) – Carthon is an 18-year coaching veteran who will enter his fourth season with the Chiefs. Prior to joining Kansas City, Carthon spent two seasons (2007-08) as the running backs coach for the Arizona Cardinals. He also has previously served as the offensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns (2005-06), Dallas Cowboys (2003-04) and Detroit Lions (2002). Carthon owns 11 years of playing experience and was a member of two Super Bowl championship teams (1986, 1990) with the New York Giants.

Mike Clark (Strength & Conditioning) – Clark will begin his third season with the Chiefs and his ninth in the NFL. Before coming to Kansas City, Clark held the same position with the Seattle Seahawks for six seasons (2004-09). Prior to joining the NFL ranks, he enjoyed a 14-year stint (1990-03) leading strength and conditioning efforts for Texas A&M. He also coached collegiately at Southern California (1988-89), Oregon (1983-87), Kansas (1982) and Wyoming (1981).

Gary Gibbs (Linebackers) – A 29-year coaching veteran, Gibbs enters his fourth season in Kansas City. Prior to joining the Chiefs, Gibbs served a three-year stint (2006-08) as the defensive coordinator with the New Orleans Saints. He entered the NFL ranks as linebackers coach with Dallas (2002-05). Gibbs broke into the coaching profession at his alma mater, the University of Oklahoma, as a graduate assistant in 1975 and was eventually promoted to linebackers coach (1978-80), defensive coordinator (’81-88) and head coach (1989-94). He also served as defensive coordinator at Georgia (2000) and LSU (2001).

Bernie Parmalee (Tight Ends) – Parmalee begins his third season in Kansas City and his sixth in the NFL. Before joining the Chiefs, he spent five seasons (2005-09) as an assistant at Notre Dame. Prior to that, he had a three-year stint (2002-04) with the Miami Dolphins in a variety of roles. Parmalee enjoyed a nine-year (1992-2000) NFL playing career with the Dolphins and the New York Jets.

Anthony Pleasant (Defensive Line) – Pleasant enters his third season coaching the Chiefs defensive line. He owns 14 years of playing experience as a defensive lineman, seeing duty in 202 regular season games (157 starts) with Cleveland (1990-95), Baltimore (1996), Atlanta (1997), the New York Jets (1998-99), San Francisco (2000) and New England (2001-03).

Brent Salazar (Assistant Strength & Conditioning) – Salazar begins his sixth season in Kansas City as the assistant strength and conditioning coach. Prior to joining the Chiefs, he spent one year (2006) as the assistant director of athletic performance at the University of the Pacific.

Nick Sirianni (Wide Receivers) – Sirianni was promoted to wide receivers coach after spending three years as the club’s offensive quality control coach. Prior to joining the Chiefs, Sirianni spent three years as the wide receivers coach at Indiana University – Pennsylvania (2006-08). Before his stint with the Crimson Hawks, he was the defensive backs coach at Mount Union and helped the Purple Raiders win the 2005 NCAA Division III National Championship.

Otis Smith (Defensive Quality Control) – Smith begins his third season as Kansas City’s defensive quality control coach after spending part of the 2009 season assisting the Chiefs defensive backs. Smith joined the Chiefs after serving as the assistant secondary coach with Philadelphia in 2008. He also served an NFL Minority Coaching Fellowship with Philadelphia (2007) and New England (2006) after 13 seasons as an NFL defensive back with Philadelphia (1990-94), the New York Jets (1995-96, 1997-99), New England (1996, 2000-02) and Detroit (2003).

Emmitt Thomas (Defensive Backs) – Thomas enters his third season as the Chiefs defensive backs coach in 2012. He is in his 32nd season as an NFL assistant coach and begins his 45th overall NFL campaign. Thomas spent 13 seasons playing cornerback for the Chiefs. Prior to joining the Chiefs coaching staff in 2010, he spent eight seasons coaching with the Atlanta Falcons (2002-09), including a stint as interim head coach for three games of the 2007 campaign. Thomas was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a player in 2008.

Adam Zimmer (Defensive Assistant/Assistant Linebackers) – Zimmer begins his third season as Kansas City’s defensive assistant and assistant linebackers coach. Prior to arriving in Kansas City, Zimmer spent four seasons in New Orleans (2006-09) assisting current Chiefs linebackers coach Gary Gibbs, who served as the Saints’ defensive coordinator. Zimmer earned a Super Bowl ring with New Orleans following the Saints’ victory in Super Bowl XLIV.

Jim Zorn (Quarterbacks) – Zorn enters his second season in Kansas City as the club’s quarterbacks coach in 2012. Before joining the Chiefs, Zorn spent the 2010 campaign as the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach and he served as the head coach of the Washington Redskins (2008-09). He is entering his 16th season as an NFL coach and he spent 11 seasons as an NFL quarterback with Seattle (1976-84), Green Bay (1985) and Tampa Bay (1987).

J Diddy
02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
It's official. We now have a coach named Jim Bob Cooter. Camaro heads unite.

durtyrute
02-14-2012, 09:07 AM
That's the first thing I noticed.

Jim Bob Cooter

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
The addition of Bicknell will be one of the best off-season coaching hires this club ever made. Coughlin was not happy to lose him.

In other news, #Cooter_Power for Jim Bob! He's going to work with the QBs and he'll be a nice addition.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Maybe Cooter is a ploy to draw Manning here... :D

InChiefsHeaven
02-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Glad we kept Zorn, especially since he didn't have to stay. Gotta think he believes in the system...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Nah, he's a ploy to boost attendence...

FringeNC
02-14-2012, 09:18 AM
Really surprised we kept and promoted Sirianni given that he was a Haley guy.

RealSNR
02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
The dude was busy a few years ago...

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.

Cooter is originally from Fayetteville, Tennessee and graduated from UT in 2006. He served as a graduate assistant on Coach Philip Fulmer's staff from 2007-2008. He currently works for the Indianapolis Colts as a staff assistant.

He turns 25 on July, 3rd.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/49623477.html

InChiefsHeaven
02-14-2012, 09:22 AM
The dude was busy a few years ago...

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.

Cooter is originally from Fayetteville, Tennessee and graduated from UT in 2006. He served as a graduate assistant on Coach Philip Fulmer's staff from 2007-2008. He currently works for the Indianapolis Colts as a staff assistant.

He turns 25 on July, 3rd.

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/49623477.html

Ok, now THAT is awesome! I guess the coaches don't have to be the "right 53" type.

Imon Yourside
02-14-2012, 09:24 AM

Something like that, this is Jimbob with the dept of water and power...we are conducting a survey tttt-ttttoday.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1s0LXxdXdw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S1s0LXxdXdw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Glad we kept Zorn, especially since he didn't have to stay. Gotta think he believes in the system...

Either that or he knew no other team would want him.

dirk digler
02-14-2012, 09:28 AM
damn Mr. Tomahawk beat me to it should have read lower

InChiefsHeaven
02-14-2012, 09:32 AM

There is that. I think he realized that an OC job was not in the cards. I believe someone would pick the guy up, he seems to have a decent reputation. But if it was only going to be a lateral move, maybe he figured he'd stick it out with Romeo and see what happens with some continuity. Who knows. That's what I'd like to believe anyway.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Well the Bears did want him.

I don't know what interest he could drum up now though.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 09:47 AM
This is a huge 'meh' coaching staff assembled.

Daboll, McMahon, Bicknell are all 'meh' guys.

Why do we need a special teams quality control guy?

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Well the Bears did want him.

I don't know what interest he could drum up now though.

None. The Chiefs held him hostage. They're great!

J Diddy
02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
This is a huge 'meh' coaching staff assembled.

Daboll, McMahon, Bicknell are all 'meh' guys.

Why do we need a special teams quality control guy?

His job is to make sure Seymour doesn't rape the field goal unit any longer.

the Talking Can
02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
good thing we kept Zorn, without him we'd.......or something.....

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 10:07 AM

See, I don't agree with this.

They wanted him as a QB coach and passing game coordinator.

By rule, it's not a promotion.

Lots of teams block people from moving.

I wouldn't have cared if Zorn left because not one QB on the roster improved last year with him, but I could see why the Chiefs would hold him.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 10:12 AM

Some of you guys are total drama queens.

How in the fuck is it "holding him hostage"?

He signed a contract to coach here next year.

Iirc your whole concern at the time was us holding him, us hiring his replacement and then hanging him out to dry.

That didn't happen so I don't understand why anyone could even try to spin that as a mark against KC.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Were there ANY coaches that were allowed to make lateral moves this year? I can't remember one.

I have no problem us using the rules to retain the quality parts of our staff and roster. There are obviously reasons the rules changed so that teams have that discretion no allow or deny their coaches to leave (while they are under contract) unless its for a HC spot.

Only on chiefsplanet would we retain a good coach and "it's Piolis fault"

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 10:27 AM
Some of you guys are total drama queens.

How in the **** is it "holding him hostage"?

He signed a contract to coach here next year.

Iirc your whole concern at the time was us holding him, us hiring his replacement and then hanging him out to dry.

That didn't happen so I don't understand why anyone could even try to spin that as a mark against KC.

I want a team I can be proud of. This team is being talked about in the same breath as Al Davis' Raiders.

I'm glad you like that, I don't.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
See, I don't agree with this.

They wanted him as a QB coach and passing game coordinator.

By rule, it's not a promotion.

Lots of teams block people from moving.

I wouldn't have cared if Zorn left because not one QB on the roster improved last year with him, but I could see why the Chiefs would hold him.

Because lots of teams don't have the VERY public PR issues the Chiefs have right now.

It's like they don't care what the rest of the league thinks about them.

This team is spiraling the drain.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I want a team I can be proud of. This team is being talked about in the same breath as Al Davis' Raiders.

I'm glad you like that, I don't.

Yeah, that's it.

Geez.

I take the good with the bad and it seems that no matter what the news is, some of you guys try to spin it in a negative way.

Even if you have to manufacture the reasons for such.

Dont let me hold you back from turning the next mohill into a mountain, though.

Haha Big Bad Pioli held Zorn hostage...ZORN signed the contract FFS.

Let me ask you a question...if we had let Zorn take the lateral move to Chicago...how would you spin that?

Let's say a player we have under contract wants to go play somewhere else...should we let him out of his contract, too? Or are we holding the whole team hostage at this point?

bringbackmarty
02-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Heh, Jim Bob has his own tee shirts..

http://www.cafepress.com/+the-legend-of-cooter+t-shirts

BossChief
02-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Because lots of teams don't have the VERY public PR issues the Chiefs have right now.

I'd make a bet with you right now that we win more games next year than any year since 2003.

Care to discuss terms?

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah, that's it.

Geez.

I take the good with the bad and it seems that no matter what the news is, some of you guys try to spin it in a negative way.

Even if you have to manufacture the reasons for such.

Dont let me hold you back from turning the next mohill into a mountain, though.

Haha Big Bad Pioli held Zorn hostage...ZORN signed the contract FFS.

Let me ask you a question...if we had let Zorn take the lateral move to Chicago...how would you spin that?

Let's say a player we have under contract wants to go play somewhere else...should we let him out of his contract, too? Or are we holding the whole team hostage at this point?

Trust me dude, I spent the better part of a decade on this board being called a Carl Peterson apologist because I took the EXACT same position you are taking now.

I get it, you WANT to have hope.

Sorry, but I just don't. I did exactly what you are doing now, for years, and in the end, the people I was fighting with were right - this franchise SUCKS, from the top down.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Really? He's the best QB coach in the league. Hasselbeck went to a Super Bowl under his tutilege, and Flacco developed nicely under him. He can't call plays. Okay. He's still an asset for the QB.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
So we went from nobody wanted him, to the Chiefs held him hostage. Come on Parker. I love reading your takes, but you moved the goalposts to a whole different stadium.

-King-
02-14-2012, 11:07 AM
WOW! Sooner or later, some of you will make Teedubya look rational with all your retarded conspiracies.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 11:11 AM

So because the public image is poor, they should just let coaches walk that they want to keep?

I'm really not following here.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
So because the public image is poor, they should just let coaches walk that they want to keep?

I'm really not following here.

They should do something, ANYTHING, to prevent this continued downward spiral.

Instead, they seem to be further cementing it.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Trust me dude, I spent the better part of a decade on this board being called a Carl Peterson apologist because I took the EXACT same position you are taking now.

I get it, you WANT to have hope.

Sorry, but I just don't. I did exactly what you are doing now, for years, and in the end, the people I was fighting with were right - this franchise SUCKS, from the top down.

Cool.

Then you should have no problem discussing terms to a bet on wins this team has next year.

I say we will have more than 10.

You say we are swirling the drain and are in the same breath as Oakland.

I say we are about to have more talent on this roster than any team KC has had in what is probably 20 years.

1 year sig or avatar bet.

I'm putting this on the table knowing full well that the perception is that the starting job is Cassels for the whole year and I don't think it is.

I'm sorry that somewhere along the line you lost your hope and can't see the silver lining anymore, but some of us still can.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM

I think step one to fixing the spiral (in Chiefs PR terms, not mine) was keeping Romeo on staff. A likeable grandpa type, who is good with the media and a player-friendly coach.

Really though, the downward spiral starts and ends with Cassel. If he's the starter, there's virtually no hope.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Cool.

Then you should have no problem discussing terms to a bet on wins this team has next year.

I say we are about to have more talent on this roster than any team KC has had in what is probably 20 years.

I'm putting this on the table knowing full well that the perception is that the starting job is Cassels for the whole year and I don't think it is.

I'm sorry that somewhere along the line you lost your hope and can't see the silver lining anymore, but some of us still can.

This team does not have more talent on it than the 93 Chiefs, or the 98 Chiefs (team was super talented, poor discipline).

BossChief
02-14-2012, 11:22 AM

What if there really wasn't any move that could have done as you suggest?

Sanchez?
Freeman?
Clausen?

I'm trying to identify the move at quarterback we missed out on that would have saved us from Cassel.

In fact, I can think of one and we have both seen every snap of his and agree he is a legit prospect...let's say Cassel sucks the first 4 or 5 games and the team pulls the plug and moves on to Stanzi...would you then spin that as a failed move because of the round the player was chosen in?

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 11:23 AM

Sanchez?
Freeman?
Clausen?

I'm trying to identify the move at quarterback we missed out on that would have saved us from Cassel.

In fact, I can think of one and we have both seen every snap of his and agree he is a legit prospect...let's say Cassel sucks the first 4 or 5 games and the team pulls the plug and moves on to Stanzi...would you then spin that as a failed move because of the round the player was chosen in?

If Stanzi is the main competion, then yes, I would say it's a completely skewed competition geared toward keeping Cassel around.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
This team does not have more talent on it than the 93 Chiefs, or the 98 Chiefs (team was super talented, poor discipline).

We have at least equal "talent" to those teams (the only thing that sets 93 aside is Montana) except all of our current talent is home grown and young.

Those teams had older players with little upside left, this team has similar talent and is still ascending across the board.

You put that ancient Montana on this Chiefs team and it's a legit superbowl contender.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Cool.

I'm really not into cyber dick-measuring contests anymore, sorry.

But I think you get where I'm coming from regardless.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 11:34 AM

Sanchez?
Freeman?
Clausen?

I'm not talking about Cassel, I'm talking about Pioli.

They could start by allowing to the media to use the fucking restroom without an escort.

They could start by being honest about some of this stuff - aka Pioli insisting that these coaching hires were 100% Romeo yet when asked at the Senior Bowl about the progress of the hires, Romeo reportedly pointed to Pioli.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I think step one to fixing the spiral (in Chiefs PR terms, not mine) was keeping Romeo on staff. A likeable grandpa type, who is good with the media and a player-friendly coach.

Really though, the downward spiral starts and ends with Cassel. If he's the starter, there's virtually no hope.

Except that Romeo is 100% a Pioli guy.

The general consensus of Romeo nationally seemed to be that Pioli was looking for "continuity" when in reality, they don't need continuity, they need to CHANGE some things.

King_Chief_Fan
02-14-2012, 11:38 AM

The general consensus of Romeo nationally seemed to be that Pioli was looking for "continuity" when in reality, they don't need continuity, they need to CHANGE some things.

change is good....always changing is not. I get the Romeo hire. Let's see if the continuity thing works out before putting grenades in the shorts.

Romeo isn't the coach I preferred, but we don't get a vote. If all this backfires...big change coming after that.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM
change is good....always changing is not. I get the Romeo hire. Let's see if the continuity thing works out before putting grenades in the shorts.

Romeo isn't the coach I preferred, but we don't get a vote. If all this backfires...big change coming after that.

Pioli is 21-28 in his time here. The LAST thing they need is continuity. That's like suggesting that beating your head against the wall is a GOOD thing.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM
If Stanzi is the main competion, then yes, I would say it's a completely skewed competition geared toward keeping Cassel around.

No rookie is gonna start next year.

The only FA that could is Orton and I can't say I see him as probable to return.

I know all you see is the round he was drafted in and think that he has no chance due to that, but really...in Piolis eyes I bet his next up is the guy he drafted if Cassel doesn't stop shitting in his bed.

No better ego boost than Still trying to prove you can find the next Tom Brady.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 11:40 AM

They could start by allowing to the media to use the fucking restroom without an escort.

They could start by being honest about some of this stuff - aka Pioli insisting that these coaching hires were 100% Romeo yet when asked at the Senior Bowl about the progress of the hires, Romeo reportedly pointed to Pioli.

Who said this? Romeo pointed at Pioli about the hires? Link? Now I'm curious.

FAX
02-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Who said this? Romeo pointed at Pioli about the hires? Link? Now I'm curious.

I think that was in a Gretz article. I don't remember exactly ... but I think it was. Anyhow, it was reported someplace.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 11:46 AM
I think that was in a Gretz article. I don't remember exactly ... but I think it was. Anyhow, it was reported someplace.

FAX

Well then he'll definitely start whoever Scott tells him too. Pioli is the coach and GM. Fuck this team.

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
we all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BossChief
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM

Haha so you are gonna discredit what chiefsnj said about Pioli and talks with Bowe and his contract last year, but choose to use a similar tool when it benefits your argument? Isn't that what you gave him shit for?

I don't buy that this was a Pioli hire in it's entirety.

Romeo coached defense with Daboll in his first 2 years in NE and then Daboll turned to the offensive side and was in the same coaching house as Romeo for the next few years.

Shit, for all we know Daboll wants Orton as well and is pushing for Pioli to sign him right now as is Romeo.

If we are gonna assume, let's try to assume things that are fair.

They tried to change things by holding hostage our only non "patriots way" coach.

God bless us that it worked.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's say the pointing incident really happened...who's to say Romeo hadn't already made his choice and that the contract negotiations were up to Pioli at that point and that's what the pointing was for?

I know, it sounds so much more juicy to think Romeo was lying all along and that Daboll was a Pioli hire all along but the truth is none of us know.

Maybe Romeo wanted Daboll because Brian liked Orton, too and was the major player in trying to get him in Miami last offseason.

FAX
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
The fact is that neither one of those guys is signed.

I don't know why Dr. Evil would want to play hardball with them a year ago which is the only reasonable explanation why they are FA. The CBA negotiations, maybe?

I guess we'll franchise one of them and try to cut a deal with the other guy. Meanwhile, we need depth. Can this Faider dude play safety?

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Let's say the pointing incident really happened...who's to say Romeo hadn't already made his choice and that the contract negotiations were up to Pioli at that point and that's what the pointing was for?

I know, it sounds so much more juicy to think Romeo was lying all along and that Daboll was a Pioli hire all along but the truth is none of us know.

Maybe Romeo wanted Daboll because Brian liked Orton, too and was the major player in trying to get him in Miami last offseason.

We see eye to eye quite a bit, but that's some serious spin, man.

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
no more spin they all these people believing any negative rumors but ignoring all positive rumors.

cut a player - oh noes, he was so good
sign a player - oh noes, it sucks

fire a coach - oh noes, he was good
hire a coach - oh noes, he sucks

it doesn't matter what we do, we are going to suck anyway
pioli will find a way to screw it up
the franchise is in a 'download spiral' :rolleyes:
the franchise is a disaster

i mean Holy fuck :shake:

FAX
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Well then he'll definitely start whoever Scott tells him too. Pioli is the coach and GM. **** this team.

At this point, a reasonable person has to assume that Crennel got the nod because, of all the guys who would take the job, he was the best qualified.

It wouldn't surprise me if Crennel had threatened to move on if he didn't get the HC gig, either.

Even so, Crennel is going to defer to Dr. Evil on all matters. That much is pretty obvious.

The Chiefs FO is a mess. There's no way to paint it any differently. It is encouraging, though, that we were able to hire the OL guy from the Giants.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2012, 12:10 PM
no more spin they all these people believing any negative rumors but ignoring all positive rumors.

i mean Holy fuck :shake:

Yeah. I'm trying to stay objective. Coaches should be a HC decision. Not a GM'S. Cassel needs to go. Other than that, whatever. Honestly though, even with Cassel I think we win our division and a playoff game next year. Our defense is too good.

tooge
02-14-2012, 12:11 PM
lol, no way Jim Bob Cooter is real. Acct must have been hacked. Wasn't he on Dukes of Hazard?

BossChief
02-14-2012, 12:15 PM

I didn't really say I believe either way.

Just supplying a contrary guess that makes sense in the perameters of guessing.

I, for one, don't think Romeo is a liar AT ALL and believe him when he says the hires were his decisions.

I'm just putting it out there that its a bit unfair to jump to conclusions on something with so little real information.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Haha so you are gonna discredit what chiefsnj said about Pioli and talks with Bowe and his contract last year, but choose to use a similar tool when it benefits your argument? Isn't that what you gave him shit for?

I didn't discredit him for what he said about Pioli and Bowe at all. In fact, I really neve commented one way or another.

And for the record, I think retaining Sirianni is a GREAT thing. ;)

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I'm trying to stay objective. Coaches should be a HC decision. Not a GM'S. Cassel needs to go. Other than that, whatever. Honestly though, even with Cassel I think we win our division and a playoff game next year. Our defense is too good.
we have a chance anyway

3/4 decent moves and we could be pretty decent. If Stanzi steps up or we get Orton etc then i we might be more than decent.

tbh i don't really care about all the tinfoil hat bullshit about how 'mean' Pioli is.

we win, he stays
we lose, he gets fired

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:17 PM

i mean Holy **** :shake:

You know what's funny?

You and I butted heads many a time when you first joined, and it was almost EXACTLY this same conversation.

Of course, our roles were COMPLETELY reversed. :D

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
we have a chance anyway

3/4 decent moves and we could be pretty decent. If Stanzi steps up or we get Orton etc then i we might be more than decent.

tbh i don't really care about all the tinfoil hat bullshit about how 'mean' Pioli is.

we win, he stays
we lose, he gets fired

I actually agree with this.

The reason the tinfoil hat BS bothers me so much is not because we aren't winning, it's because I think some of it is actually PREVENTING us from winning.

Does that make sense?

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Even so, Crennel is going to defer to Dr. Evil on all matters. That much is pretty obvious.

The Chiefs FO is a mess. There's no way to paint it any differently.

FAXyou mean a HC defers to his boss? Say it isn't so?!?@

i bet Pioli defers to his boss too :eek:

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:22 PM
you mean a HC defers to his boss? Say it isn't so?!?@

i bet Pioli defers to his boss too :eek:

A HC doesn't defer to his boss after his boss said unequivocally that the decision was the HCs alone.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 12:23 PM
I actually agree with this.

The reason the tinfoil hat BS bothers me so much is not because we aren't winning, it's because I think some of it is actually PREVENTING us from winning.

Does that make sense?

Last year, 2 things prevented us from having a very good year:

Cassel
Injuries

If we had a guy like Orton all year last year and stayed healthy, I have NO DOUBTS that sessions have won a playoff game.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Last year, 2 things prevented us from having a very good year:

Cassel
Injuries

If we had a guy like Orton all year last year and stayed healthy, I have NO DOUBTS that sessions have won a playoff game.

Pioli's publically stated goal is to win a Super Bowl - not just to win 1, but win MANY. The entire justification for his behavior, from signing Cassel, to firing Haley, to making a big stink out of gum wrappers in the stairwell, is that he's trying to build a DYNASTY.

Making the playoffs and flaming out, whether it's with Cassel or Orton, is counter to Pioli's own admitted goal.

J Diddy
02-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Pioli's publically stated goal is to win a Super Bowl - not just to win 1, but win MANY. The entire justification for his behavior, from signing Cassel, to firing Haley, to making a big stink out of gum wrappers in the stairwell, is that he's trying to build a DYNASTY.

Making the playoffs and flaming out, whether it's with Cassel or Orton, is counter to Pioli's own admitted goal.

You've got to make the tournament to win the tournament. Not to mention, being a regular participant in the playoffs sure does make it easier to sign new players.

stonedstooge
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Orton had his chance to win out last year and be the hottest team entering the playoffs. If he would have accomplished that, so much of this bullshit would have been avoided, even with a first round playoff loss

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Pioli is 21-28 in his time here. The LAST thing they need is continuity. That's like suggesting that beating your head against the wall is a GOOD thing.

I am not a Pioli apologist and certainly do not agree with some of his decisions. But let's try and maintain a certain level of objectivity here. You have to look at the King Carl Herm Edwards mess he inherited.

Granted Edwards brought in some good young talent, but they were in dire need of some serious coaching.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 12:32 PM
No rookie is gonna start next year.

The only FA that could is Orton and I can't say I see him as probable to return.

I know all you see is the round he was drafted in and think that he has no chance due to that, but really...in Piolis eyes I bet his next up is the guy he drafted if Cassel doesn't stop shitting in his bed.

No better ego boost than Still trying to prove you can find the next Tom Brady.

It has nothing to do with the round he's drafted in.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM
I am not a Pioli apologist and certainly do not agree with some of his decisions. But let's try and maintain a certain level of objectivity here. You have to look at the King Carl Herm Edwards mess he inherited.

Granted Edwards brought in some good young talent, but they were in dire need of some serious coaching.

That simply cannot be used an excuse.

This team didn't go 4-12, 10-6, and then 12-4 or something.

They went BACKWARDS in year 3, which is supposed to be the "breakout" year.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 12:33 PM

That would just make too much sense.

Fish
02-14-2012, 12:36 PM

How many seasons should that excuse be applicable to the Executive of the Decade?

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM

They also fired their HC for it too.

You look at the way the team never really gave up on the season but kept fighting. Do you really think with a HC change and the return of three very crucial starters that this wont be a good team this year? Even with the POS Cassel at the helm I would expect a season similar to '10. Better if we actually upgrade at the QB position.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
How many seasons should that excuse be applicable to the Executive of the Decade?

Depends on how big a mess it is I imagine. I gave it through last year. This year I expect to see it come together or changes need to be made.

Fish
02-14-2012, 12:40 PM

You look at the way the team never really gave up on the season but kept fighting. Do you really think with a HC change and the return of three very crucial starters that this wont be a good team this year? Even with the POS Cassel at the helm I would expect a season similar to '10. Better if we actually upgrade at the QB position.

Who's mistake was it to hire said coach? I don't understand why so many people are giving Pioli credit for firing Haley like it's a sign of improvement, when he's the one who was convinced Haley was HC material to begin with.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Who's mistake was it to hire said coach? I don't understand why so many people are giving Pioli credit for firing Haley like it's a sign of improvement, when he's the one who was convinced Haley was HC material to begin with.

JFC. If Pioli had gone out and hired some old retread everyone would have bitched and moaned about it. He instead did what everyone wanted and went after a young up and coming guy. Now he's an idiot for it. At least he TRIED something new and fresh. You know, the same thing everyone wants him to do in the drafting a 1st rd QB prospect.....

He took a chance and it didn't work out, he corrected his mistake.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM

Berry
Charles
Moeaki

With these 3 guys, we are probably closer to 12 wins than 7.

Fish
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM
JFC. If Pioli had gone out and hired some old retread everyone would have bitched and moaned about it. He instead did what everyone wanted and went after a young up and coming guy. Now he's an idiot for it. At least he TRIED something new and fresh. You know, the same thing everyone wants him to do in the drafting a 1st rd QB prospect.....

He took a chance and it didn't work out, he corrected his mistake.

You and others have said you'll wait until _____ to make a decision on Pioli. I'm simply establishing that Pioli has already made lots of decisions in which we can apply proper criticism and dismiss the old excuses. I really don't care that he tried. Anybody could try. He's already had 3 years to try, and where has that gotten us? It's time for results, and I don't see anything wrong with applying criticism to Pioli right now for what he's already done.

FringeNC
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Berry
Charles
Moeaki

Come on. We weren't a good team, and faced a bunch of teams with injured QBs themselves. Towards the end of the year, the defensive seemed to be playing well, and should be a bright spot going into next year, but the offense is a huge question mark.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Orton had his chance to win out last year and be the hottest team entering the playoffs. If he would have accomplished that, so much of this bullshit would have been avoided, even with a first round playoff loss

Orton played above his head in those games.

We should have won all three if it weren't for dropped touchdowns and blocked field goals, he would have.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
You and others have said you'll wait until _____ to make a decision on Pioli. I'm simply establishing that Pioli has already made lots of decisions in which we can apply proper criticism and dismiss the old excuses. I really don't care that he tried. Anybody could try. He's already had 3 years to try, and where has that gotten us? It's time for results, and I don't see anything wrong with applying criticism to Pioli right now for what he's already done.

Nor do I. Cassel was a mistake. Actually, bringing him in wasn't a mistake, giving an unproven guy a boat load of money was. That is why I hate Cassel, not because he sucks, but because he is being paid so much to suck.

Pioli deserves every bit of criticism he gets for that decision. Being bold and going after a young hot shot to coach the team that didn't pan out, not so much.

Look, I'm as ready to win a SB as you or any of the other fans. However I'm not going to let my frustration from years of disappointment cloud my objectivity.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 01:09 PM

Firing your coach in Year 3 is NOT a good thing.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Berry
Charles
Moeaki

Sorry man, your head is in the clouds.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Firing your coach in Year 3 is NOT a good thing.

No, but better than not firing him at all. Pioli could be pulling a Cassel with Haley. There's something to think about...

HemiEd
02-14-2012, 01:22 PM
It's official. We now have a coach named Jim Bob Cooter. Camaro heads unite.

That's the first thing I noticed.

Jim Bob Cooter

Hmm, the Peyton Manning ties are pretty strong with this one.
Tennessee, check.
Asst. OC at Indy, check.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Look over the games we lost and how we lost them.

If you dont think we win 3 of those games with Berry, Charles and Moeaki...I don't know what to tell you.

Pittsburgh
Denver
Oakland

It probably doesn't even take all three to be healthy for us to win those three games and end with 10 wins.

Just having Berry probably gets us the two division wins.

RustShack
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
Didn't every HC hired the same year as Haley get fired already too? Yep, lets hate Pioli because the market sucked!

This just in, Pioli first GM in NFL history to have to fire a HC. Get the pitch forks boys.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Jim Bob Cooter LOL

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 01:40 PM

I agree with Boss. I bet we win 11 with those 3 playing. Why is that crazy?

mikey23545
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Gee, I wonder if a screwed up, nonexistent offseason which Haley mishandled, and a torrential number of season-ending injuries to our key players had anything to do with us sliding back a bit?

You should hardly talk about going backwards, by the way. You have gone from being one of the better football posters on the BB to being a complete idiot.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Some posters here are seeing "phantom pressure" as it relates to the moves of this team.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Nick Sirianni WR coach-Good Hire nice to see the chiefs grooming young coaches.

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Some posters here are seeing "phantom pressure" as it relates to the moves of this team.
truth

let's wait and see before we start crying

FAX
02-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Dr. Evil has issues. I think we can all agree on that. And, we know that he has made some mistakes (unless he's still secretly on the Pats' payroll).

I personally believe that, as GM, he shouldn't be screwing up on his coaching hires, quarterback selections, and public relations duties. Darryl The Dishwasher is allowed those mistakes ... but not the Executive Of The Century. The bottom line for me is that we're going into year four of Dr. Evil's regime and we still haven't won a playoff game. Yes, we've had injuries. But, we also have horrific depth across the board. Saggy Pissmybelly? Really? Thomas 2-Yard Jones? Palko?

All in all, I give Dr. Evil a "D" for his GMing so far. No depth. No playoff wins. Reshuffling the coaching deck. Cassel. It all adds up to bitter disappointment ... made even worse by the fact that I was really high on Clark's decision to hire him in the beginning.

People can make all the excuses they want ... I've made my share. But, the fact of the matter is that all this "talent" and our improved defense means absolutely nothing if we can't win a freaking playoff game. When he was hired, Dr. Evil said his job was to build a consistent winner that competed for the championship every year. We are no closer to that goal now than we were then ... except on paper ... and unless you're rolling a joint, paper is useless.

FAX

FAX
02-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot.

We fired our dick and hired a Cooter. What does that tell you about the direction of this team?

FAX

Fish
02-14-2012, 02:10 PM
truth

We heard plenty of that a year ago. And the year before that. And the year before that. I wonder what the excuse will be a year from today?

"Let's wait and see" is how we ended up with the LTGMIPS......

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Gee, I wonder if a screwed up, nonexistent offseason which Haley mishandled, and a torrential number of season-ending injuries to our key players had anything to do with us sliding back a bit?

You should hardly talk about going backwards, by the way. You have gone from being one of the better football posters on the BB to being a complete idiot.

Parker certainly is not an idiot. One of the most intelligent football posters on this board. He, like so many others, is just completely frustrated. And really, no one can blame him for that. I certainly don't.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 02:17 PM
We heard plenty of that a year ago. And the year before that. And the year before that. I wonder what the excuse will be a year from today?

If we have another draft that has the quality of our last two and add two quality starters, we will win a playoff game next year.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 02:18 PM

Go back to dc

ChiefsCountry
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
we will win a playoff game next year.

Not if Matt Cassel is our QB.

Fish
02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
If we have another draft that has the quality of our last two and add two quality starters, we will win a playoff game next year.

There were many that were saying exactly that a year ago. Look how quickly and easily that changed. By the 3rd game of the season, most people weren't saying that any more.

I wish I shared your optimism, but I'm spent.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Look over the games we lost and how we lost them.

If you dont think we win 3 of those games with Berry, Charles and Moeaki...I don't know what to tell you.

Pittsburgh
Denver
Oakland

It probably doesn't even take all three to be healthy for us to win those three games and end with 10 wins.

Just having Berry probably gets us the two division wins.

First of all, I watched Moeaki from his freshman year on. There's no reason to believe he would have played the entire season even if he hadn't have been hurt in camp. He was "due".

With Berry, I don't see how the Pittsburgh or Denver games changed. Those games were 100% about the lack of solid QB play.

We were an 8-8/9-7 team with the schedule we had. And that was BEFORE we started the season by getting blown out by what turned out to be a horrible Buffalo team, at home.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
truth

How long do we have to wait?

Here's the thing - that EXACT sentence was being posted by ***ME*** 3 years ago.

And 5 years ago.

And 8 years ago.

And 10 years ago.

How long do we have to wait? I, for one, have pretty much given up hope we'll ever see them win anything important in my lifetime.

If they made a nicotine patch for football teams, I'd be wearing five of them.

FAX
02-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Not if Matt Cassel is our QB.

Unfortunately, I believe this to be a true statement.

I don't think Cassel is clutch enough to win a playoff game. He folds under pressure ... mental and physical. It's a symptom of doofism.

FAX

Dylan
02-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Jack Bicknell Jr. departs for Kansas City

By Mike Mazzeo / ESPN Feb 14, 2012

Giants assistant offensive line coach Jack Bicknell Jr. accepted the offensive line coaching position in Kansas City this week. Bicknell Jr. was with the Giants under Pat Flaherty for three seasons:

“It’s been unbelievable,” Bicknell said. “Starting right from the top with John Mara, Steve Tisch and Jerry Reese and Coach (Tom) Coughlin. I think everybody that works here knows what a special place it is, what kind of special people there are here. The relationships I’ve formed here I’ll remember forever. That’s so important. We had some good times, some bad times and ended up with the best of all times. Just an absolutely amazing run and it’s something I’ll always remember and always cherish.

“I’ll have a huge part in my heart for this place. It’s tough to leave. If I didn’t have an opportunity to go from an assistant to a head O-line guy, trust me, I wouldn’t be leaving, obviously. But it does give me an opportunity to be the head guy and I’m excited about that.”

Bicknell said the hardest part is leaving the players he coached.

“You’re in there what seems like 24 hours a day sometimes. You’re around them more than your own kids or wife or anybody else. They’re just fantastic people - great character, great friends. That’s the thing I’ve really enjoyed about the NFL. In college, it’s more the coach and the players. Here you have man-to-man relationships, which have been great. They’ve been great to me. You learn a lot from them also by what it takes to prepare at this level. What kind of edge you have to have.

“Every one of those guys, David, Chris, Richie, Shaun, Kareem -- don’t let me leave anybody out -- but the guys that have been here for quite some time all have an edge about them in the way they prepare. That’s something that’s been really good for me to learn. You learn a lot from them. Talking to them about technique, what they think works, those kinds of things. When you play the game at this level for that amount of time you start to realize what it takes to win.”

The Giants have also lost quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan to the offensive coordinator job in Tampa Bay.

All the best! And thank you for helping the Giants win Super Bowl XLVl this season.

Bicknell studied under Pat "Flats" Flaherty for the past three seasons: http://www.giants.com/team/coaches/pat-flaherty/5e0bc7f5-e992-49ab-9307-b23e26cdf912

BossChief
02-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Do the Giants have any OL going into free agency that we may have interest in?

Dylan
02-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Do the Giants have any OL going into free agency that we may have interest in?
HEY!

LOL

The Giants had to replace two or three injured starters on the offensive line, rebuild their receiver corps, and had a banged up (injury reserve list) secondary.

FWIW: Coaches from the Giants organizational systems and leadership culture have gone on to have consistently impressive long track records - including Super Bowl wins on their resumes.

Good Luck!

Mr. Laz
02-14-2012, 04:27 PM

we changed virtually every dam person involved with the Chiefs in the last 3/4 years.

if you are just going to carry everything over since the beginning of time then we just won a super bowl awhile back ... let's party!! PBJ

dumbass

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
First of all, I watched Moeaki from his freshman year on. There's no reason to believe he would have played the entire season even if he hadn't have been hurt in camp. He was "due".

With Berry, I don't see how the Pittsburgh or Denver games changed. Those games were 100% about the lack of solid QB play.

We were an 8-8/9-7 team with the schedule we had. And that was BEFORE we started the season by getting blown out by what turned out to be a horrible Buffalo team, at home.

If Cassell plays vs Pitt they win that game.

Given the other 3 that were out, we'd have beaten Oakland and Denver at home.

That's 10 wins.

htismaqe
02-14-2012, 04:45 PM
If Cassell plays vs Pitt they win that game.

Given the other 3 that were out, we'd have beaten Oakland and Denver at home.

That's 10 wins.

You're overly optimistic.

Fish
02-14-2012, 04:49 PM
we changed virtually every dam person involved with the Chiefs in the last 3/4 years.

if you are just going to carry everything over since the beginning of time then we just won a super bowl awhile back ... let's party!! PBJ

dumbass

And the fact that we've regressed while doing so tells me that the person in charge of those changes has done a piss poor job. We were sold The Executive of the Decade. He's made so many changes, as you've pointed out, that it's a completely new franchise. Then why is it that you're calling people dumbasses for questioning why we haven't seen any improvement? If Pioli has changed so much, where are the results?

I never said carry anything over. If you think that's the source of my pessimism, then you're not being very observant. I'm saying it's time to criticize Pioli for failing to improve after 3 seasons.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
You're overly optimistic.

Not at all. If we have all 3 of them playing we win 10.

Leaving Cassel out of it. You are seriously underestimating JC.

10 wins.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 04:55 PM
A couple other games were winnable, too and we were doing really well when JC went down against the Lions. He stays healthy and that's probably a close game that could go either way.

Titty Meat
02-14-2012, 04:59 PM
A couple other games were winnable, too and we were doing really well when JC went down against the Lions. He stays healthy and that's probably a close game that could go either way.

ROFL

BossChief
02-14-2012, 05:01 PM
ROFL

Go back and watch the game, dumbshit.

Titty Meat
02-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Go back and watch the game, dumbshit.

You live in a fantasy land. I suggest you take your own advice. The Lions moved the ball at will our defense could do nothing to stop them. Matt Cassel couldn't complete a pass over 5 yards. Jamaal Charles wasn't going to be a 45 point difference. You're a dumbass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dxu5J16yJGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
You live in a fantasy land. I suggest you take your own advice. The Lions moved the ball at will our defense could do nothing to stop them. Matt Cassel couldn't complete a pass over 5 yards. Jamaal Charles wasn't going to be a 45 point difference. You're a dumbass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Dxu5J16yJGM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No offense dude, but you're smoking crack if you think JC's injury didn't have a residual affect on the D and Cassel.

Would we have won? I don't know about that. But it most likely wouldn't have been a blow out.

Titty Meat
02-14-2012, 05:20 PM
No offense dude, but you're smoking crack if you think JC's injury didn't have a residual affect on the D and Cassel.

Would we have won? I don't know about that. But it most likely wouldn't have been a blow out.

Oh come on this team wasn't going to win a shootout with Detroit and we had Charles the week before and got blown out. This team simply wasn't prepared the first 2 weeks. If you want to argue we beat San Diego the next week I'd agree with you but Jamaal Charles wasn't covering Calvin Johnson.

ModSocks
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh come on this team wasn't going to win a shootout with Detroit and we had Charles the week before and got blown out. This team simply wasn't prepared the first 2 weeks. If you want to argue we beat San Diego the next week I'd agree with you but Jamaal Charles wasn't covering Calvin Johnson.

I agree we wouldn't have won a shoot out, but I don't think there would've been a shoot out.

Having JC on the field would've limited the amount of 3 and outs the offense commited. I don't need to spell it out, I'm sure you can see the kind of snowball effect that would have and how that would help reduce the amount of points scored by Detroit.

BossChief
02-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Just go back and watch that game again up until the time JC got hurt.

We got blown out because we were forced to be one dimensional and if you are one dimensional as a passing team with Cassel at QB, that's a recipe for a blowout everytime.

I stand by my statement.

Titty Meat
02-14-2012, 05:34 PM
He played like 2 drives. Just stop it this team flat out wasn't prepared he didn't play on defense and wasn't going to get 30 touches.

Raiderhater
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
He played like 2 drives. Just stop it this team flat out wasn't prepared he didn't play on defense and wasn't going to get 30 touches.

There is no way of predicting what may or may not have happened. You cannot be any more sure than anyone else.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM

Turnovers killed them that day. It was close in the 1st half.

With everyone healthy they still lose both games though.

I still think with no one out, they win 11 games.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 08:10 PM

Honestly, the funniest thing I've read on this board in about 6 months.

Simplicity
02-14-2012, 08:22 PM
http://houghtontalent.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/matt-cassel-alo-112859.jpg http://www.bobgretz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/022709-2321-chiefsaddan1.jpg

Back when he was a QB coach I thought him and Casshole kinda looked alike.

Chiefnj2
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Turnovers killed them that day. It was close in the 1st half.

It was 20-3 at the half. That's not close in by book.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 08:49 PM
It was 20-3 at the half. That's not close in by book.

Yes. They scored right before the half, thanks to a Cassel INT.

13-3 is close.

Like I said. Turn overs killed them.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Turnovers, no offense, poor defense.

Good jesus christ. The game wasn't close.

They got pushed all over the field. The Lions did what they wanted.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Turnovers, no offense, poor defense.

Good jesus christ. The game wasn't close.

They got pushed all over the field. The Lions did what they wanted.

Initially, it was close. Then Cassel started coughing up the ball. There were 6 turnovers. Tough for a D to overcome that.

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Initially, it was close. Then Cassel started coughing up the ball. There were 6 turnovers. Tough for a D to overcome that.

Yeah, it was close up until after the first drive.

Did you think there was ever a chance during the game?

Of course not.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Chiefs got owned that game. At Eggo, Pitt at home*, the Donkeys at home, and the Faid at home were 4 games they probably would have won with the 3 Aclmigos. *Add in no Falco for the Pitt game, damn he blows.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Yeah, it was close up until after the first drive.

Did you think there was ever a chance during the game?

Of course not.

It was 13-3 with 5min left in the half until Cassel threw a pick. It was a lot closer during the first half than you think.

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Chiefs got owned that game. At Eggo, Pitt at home*, the Donkeys at home, and the Faid at home were 4 games they probably would have won with the 3 Aclmigos. *Add in no Falco for the Pitt game, damn he blows.

Exactly

The Bad Guy
02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
It was 13-3 with 5min left in the half until Cassel threw a pick. It was a lot closer during the first half than you think.

It wasn't even remotely close after Charles went out and that was just on the first series.

I watched the game. It wasn't close. Thinking it was completely stuns me.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-14-2012, 10:52 PM

CHARLES was the huge loss. He is worth a TD per game to this offense.

FAX
02-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah. When Jamaal went down, everything turned to crap. I think the entire team blew a gasket after that - but Cassel's gasket went farther.

The stats are ugly as hell. Stafford had 4 touchdowns. Cassel had 3 INTs. They lit up our secondary while Cassel went 15 of 22 for a tad over 100 yards. They had 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter alone. We didn't score a single touchdown. (We had 4 or 5 games last year where we didn't score a touchdown, though. So it wasn't out of the ordinary.) We were 2 for 11 on third down. We only crossed the 50-yard line a couple of times the entire game and I don't think we ever crossed it in the second half.

We was torched.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
It wasn't even remotely close after Charles went out and that was just on the first series.

Whatever. I'm not going to continue this. As I said, at full strength, they weren't likely going to win this game anyway.

I still maintain that without injuries they win 11 games

BossChief
02-15-2012, 12:17 AM
Honestly, the funniest thing I've read on this board in about 6 months.Not as funny as you saying Matt Cassel is a legit league MVP candidate.

They got their first score on two third down roughing the passer penalties (maybe one was unnecessary roughness, it's a tad fuzzy) that drove them down the field to start the game.

We actually intercepted Stafford early on, but Jon McGraw fumbled it back and Stafford threw the first td to megatron over Flowers right after that.

If it weren't for those penalties and Jon McGraws fumble after the pick, we were set up with really good field position and were playing with big energy.

It could have easily started 10-0 chiefs.

We got the ball back and completed a couple short passes and Charles ripped off a couple long runs and then got hurt because the lions mascot got in his way and he stepped badly on something.

The whole team was visibly deflated after Charles went down.

We got a field goal out of that drive and never scored again.

So, tell me again how the game wasn't competitive when Charles was in the game...it absolutely was.

Once Charles went down, we were one dimensional as a passing team with Cassel throwing the ball and had no chance.

If you want to sit there and act as if the game wouldn't have played out differently with a healthy Charles (along with Berry and Moeaki) go ahead, you are entitled to your opinion...I think we would have likely lost the game something like 28-17...but there really is no point in arguing that because it's just opinion.

Titty Meat
02-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Go back to the Coalition website.

BossChief
02-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Go jack off to your Cassel jersey, billay

Titty Meat
02-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Did Boss tell us how we would have won the game if Stanzi was playing yet?

KCrockaholic
02-15-2012, 01:32 AM
This thread is ridiculous...Some of you have lost your damn mind. You know who you are...Actually you probably don't, because you live in a fantasy world where things happen exactly the way you want to see them, and not how they actually happened.

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2012, 01:35 AM
This thread is ridiculous...Some of you have lost your damn mind. You know who you are...Actually you probably don't, because you live in a fantasy world where things happen exactly the way you want to see them, and not how they actually happened.

LOL this post could go either way.

Care to elaborate?

htismaqe
02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
CHARLES was the huge loss. He is worth a TD per game to this offense.

ROFL

Seriously.

Jamaal Charles, who has scored 18 touchdowns in his ENTIRE 4-YEAR CAREER was going to score 16 TDs last season alone.

In his breakout 2010 season, he scored EIGHT, rushing and receiving COMBINED.

I hate to be rude but you guys need to GTFO with that...

FAX
02-15-2012, 07:46 AM
ROFL

Seriously.

Jamaal Charles, who has scored 18 touchdowns in his ENTIRE 4-YEAR CAREER was going to score 16 TDs last season alone.

He was getting better.

FAX

FAX
02-15-2012, 07:50 AM
Besides, the threat that Jamaal represented changed how teams played us. That's an indisputable fact ... like how gravity comes from inside rocks.

Especially in the redzone (assuming we could get there in the first place). When our rushing attack consisted only of Tommy Two Yards and McDervish spinning into the guard, the enemy could focus their attention solely on shutting down our fearsome passing attack by making funny faces at Cassel and getting him to laugh. You cannot pass and laugh simultaneously. Another fact.

FAX

htismaqe
02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
He was getting better.

FAX

He scored more rushing TDs in 2009 than 2010.

FAX
02-15-2012, 08:13 AM
He scored more rushing TDs in 2009 than 2010.

I mean metaphorically.

FAX

milkman
02-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Dr. Evil has issues. I think we can all agree on that. And, we know that he has made some mistakes (unless he's still secretly on the Pats' payroll).

I personally believe that, as GM, he shouldn't be screwing up on his coaching hires, quarterback selections, and public relations duties. Darryl The Dishwasher is allowed those mistakes ... but not the Executive Of The Century. The bottom line for me is that we're going into year four of Dr. Evil's regime and we still haven't won a playoff game. Yes, we've had injuries. But, we also have horrific depth across the board. Saggy Pissmybelly? Really? Thomas 2-Yard Jones? Palko?

All in all, I give Dr. Evil a "D" for his GMing so far. No depth. No playoff wins. Reshuffling the coaching deck. Cassel. It all adds up to bitter disappointment ... made even worse by the fact that I was really high on Clark's decision to hire him in the beginning.

People can make all the excuses they want ... I've made my share. But, the fact of the matter is that all this "talent" and our improved defense means absolutely nothing if we can't win a freaking playoff game. When he was hired, Dr. Evil said his job was to build a consistent winner that competed for the championship every year. We are no closer to that goal now than we were then ... except on paper ... and unless you're rolling a joint, paper is useless.

FAX

The inetersting thing here is, while I gave Clark Hunt credit for outbidding others for his services, I was not at all interested in Scott Pioli as the GM.

But, while I don't like every decision he has made, including his first and most important decision, I agree wholeheartedly with his philosophical approach to building this team.

And the fact that we've regressed while doing so tells me that the person in charge of those changes has done a piss poor job. We were sold The Executive of the Decade. He's made so many changes, as you've pointed out, that it's a completely new franchise. Then why is it that you're calling people dumbasses for questioning why we haven't seen any improvement? If Pioli has changed so much, where are the results?

I never said carry anything over. If you think that's the source of my pessimism, then you're not being very observant. I'm saying it's time to criticize Pioli for failing to improve after 3 seasons.

The reality is that you are going to have ups and downs in building a team through the draft.

And until you get a QB, it's all to be wasted when this team comes together.

ROFL

Seriously.

Jamaal Charles wasn't scoring all those TDs, but since the start of the '09 season, the Chiefs have averaged just over 20 points per game with Charles in the lineup, and just over 13 points without him.

htismaqe
02-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Jamaal Charles wasn't scoring all those TDs, but since the start of the '09 season, the Chiefs have averaged just over 20 points per game with Charles in the lineup, and just over 13 points without him.

That might have gotten them to 10-6 in an absolutely perfect world. More likely 9-7.

This wasn't an 11-win team, as one person suggested. With or without Charles.

milkman
02-15-2012, 09:10 AM
That might have gotten them to 10-6 in an absolutely perfect world. More likely 9-7.

Just pointing out the difference that Charles makes for this offense.

None of it matters in the least until we get a QB.

FAX
02-15-2012, 09:11 AM
The inetersting thing here is, while I gave Clark Hunt credit for outbidding others for his services, I was not at all interested in Scott Pioli as the GM.

But, while I don't like every decision he has made, including his first and most important decision, I agree wholeheartedly with his philosophical approach to building this team.

For my part, I am totally down on building through the draft and "developing" our own players ... something we have been woefully horrible at in decades past. If that's the philosophy to which you are referring, we got sympaticolism.

But, I don't know why you weren't on board with Dr. Evil when he was just plain, old Pioli, Mr. milkman. I guess you knew more than I did at the time. He had a damn fine reputation and, over the years, had been offered (and turned down) numerous offers before he came here.

Canning Carl was a plus. Replacing him with a guy who had been part of building a modern-day dynasty was a double-plus ... at least I thought so way back then.

The reality is that you are going to have ups and downs in building a team through the draft.

And until you get a QB, it's all to be wasted when this team comes together.

Ups and downs ... that I can handle. Wallowing in the sickening mire of continuous staff turnover and zero competition at QB, not so much. Besides, we haven't had a lot of ups so far as I can tell. While it's true that our overall talent level has improved and we won the west a year ago, that was against some pretty damn poor competition, with some stellar coordinators on board, and a season in which Casswipe's numbers were a statistical anomaly. We all know this. The net result was that it simply led us to embarrass ourselves once again as the season wound down and in our fabulous "playoff" game (which we would have been better off phoning in).

When you look at the overall progress and if you set the success standard at "Winning Playoff Games", I don't see us any closer than we were in 2009 ... unless you count the "on paper" improvement ... and I have grown weary of grasping at that straw.

This is a truthy, right here. Jamaal opened up the offense. Any time you have a guy averaging 6.5 a carry, it will help your offense in a variety of ways ... not just in the run game.

We do, however, have a major problem scoring touchdowns, though. We suck bad in the red zone for reasons I can neither understand nor explain. Unless, that's on Casswipe, too ... I don't know. Maybe when he gets close, he becomes distracted by the crossbar?

FAX

Chiefnj2
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
One of the biggest problems is that the entire 2009 season and offseason was a complete nightmare. Pioli should donate his entire check to charity for that season. He didn't earn a dime. Hiring Todd, Clancy, letting Todd fire Gailey 2 weeks before the season...

Here were his additions that year (per wiki):

Despite having several needs to be addressed and nearly $35 million in salary cap room, the Chiefs were criticized for being "quiet" in free-agency after the Cassel/Vrabel trade, primarily adding back-up players for depth.[58][59]

In March, the Chiefs signed LB Darrell Robertson,[60] WR C. J. Jones,[61] CB Travis Daniels,[62] LB Corey Mays,[63] WR Bobby Engram,[64] LB Monty Beisel,[64] WR Terrance Copper.[64] and OL Mike Goff.[65]

In April, the Chiefs signed WR Rodney Wright,[66] LS Tanner Purdum,[66] LB Zach Thomas,[11] TE Sean Ryan,[52] TE Tony Curtis,[67] and C Eric Ghiaciuc.[68]

In June, the Chiefs signed FS Mike Brown.[69]

In August, the Chiefs signed WR Amani Toomer but he was later released at the end of the pre-season.[70]

In September, the Chiefs signed WR Bobby Wade.[56]

In November, the Chiefs signed WR Chris Chambers.[71]

That, and a poor draft, really set the team back. In 3 years those guys are the ones who are supposed to have finally developed and are making an impact. Yes, TJAX finally made an impact in the running game, but for a top 5 pick you'd hope for more than a good 2 down lineman.

That one offseason of huge fail has really set back the franchise.

Rausch
02-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Just pointing out the difference that Charles makes for this offense.

None of it matters in the least until we get a QB.

I agree and can't stress how much I want us to both sign and draft a QB this offseason.

That said, I have to wonder how different things could have been if we'd hired someone less a pr!ck than Haley and Gailey was given a chance with Casshole.

Chan made Tyler fucking Thigpen look like a legit b/u QB.

And a PRODUCTIVE b/u QB.

The guy spit shined and perfumed turds at QB for a living, and trust me, we've got a corn filled stinker under center.

To me going from Herm to Haley is like going from Denny Green to Marty: different philosophies but exactly the same weaknesses. Haley/Herm cut talented guys they didn't have to and couldn't coach the talent they did add worth a $#it...

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2012, 06:11 PM

With JC, Berry and Moeaki it wins 11 games.

The 4 wins-

In SD
At home vs Denver
At home vs Oakland
Pittsburgh

htismaqe
02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
With JC, Berry and Moeaki it wins 11 games.

The 4 wins-

In SD
At home vs Denver
At home vs Oakland
Pittburgh

Pass that shit, man.

-King-
02-15-2012, 06:23 PM
Pass that shit, man.

:spock: Any reason why we don't win those games?

BigMeatballDave
02-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Pass that shit, man.

LMAO Tell us why we don't win those games.